Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and its another one we should have won...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and its another one we should have won...

Hibs dominated, we were and are better than St Johnsone, but if we don't take our chances, we will not win games. There were chances, I think we had fifteen attempts at goal? But we do not score enough of them. Murray had a couple of chances, Stokes too, even Swanson who came on late in the game might have got us a winner. But we didn't. Don't get me wrong, it was not all one way traffic, first 10 - 15 minutes and for 10 minutes second half, Saints bettered us and might have added to their goal.

Hibs are nice to watch, we are dangerous, we link up well. In John McGinn we have a real player, Stokes makes chances but is also a greedy bugger, Simon Murray when given a ball he can actually do something with looks a handful and Boyler is like a new signing. Defensively, after our usual early match wobbles, we are solid and confident, especially Efe and Paul today. But we dinnae kill teams off. Had we done so at Dundee and again today, we would be top end of the league, as it stands, we are sixth.

The Hibs fans back the team, nearly half the 5500 crowd were backing Hibs today and were still trickling in after 25 minutes due to the shambles that is central Scotlands roads. Some wont get home for hours yet. Bit of a "Family" reunion too with plenty old faces out for a day away. I suggest the M9 is the way north, its longer, but it moves, the bridges are a shambles.

Still, we are clearly a good solid team, we are capable of doing very well, we just need to work out how to score?

The Team

Marciano's kicking was poor today I thought, although he had no chance at the goal, he was rarely tested, which says it all.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winner v the Huns in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final had a decent game today and linked up well with Boyler in front of him.

Efe had a great game, smoking jacket on, large cigar on the go, lovely pair of gold lame(y) slippers afoot, he strolled through the game, nudging the Saints strikers out the way as he tidied up the mess and looked every bit the great fitba player he can be. After the first 10 minute wobbles of course.

Paul Hanlon too was magnificent at the back, its great having a fit, switched on Paul playing, a graceful defender who has class and nowadays, plenty strength.

I dinnae like Whittaker at left back, and first half O'Halloran gave him a hard time. He was much, much better second half, he dealt with the Irish Hun and got forward well. Improving.

Marvin Bartley done the Marvin Bartley job in the middle, its no pretty, its no graceful, its no exciting, but we need someone to do it. His rash kick out at the Saint J player with a minute of injury time to go was stupid and could have lost us the game.

I thought John McGinn was excellent, especially first half. He looks strong, loves beating 2 3 4 players, but his weakness is his inability to pull the trigger and he is no too good at corners.

Martin Boyle came back in and frankly I thought he was great. OK he does make the odd mistake, but his all round game was first class and he is the most improved player in a Hibs shirt I have seen since Paul Hanlon went to boxing training. Very impressed with Boyler, he really has kicked on.

On the contrary, I thought Barker was woeful and should not be starting. I spent the first half thinking Stokes was out of position and guff, turns out he and Barker look so similar and the 20 and 28 numbers so confusing ye cannae tell the difference. That is til you notice the stupid cut outs on his socks behind his calfs. Buck up son, and wtf are the socks about? I would have hooked him after an hour.

Anthony Stokes will be a Hibs hero the rest of his life. However he is a greedy bugger, lazy and needs to learn to be a team player. He does thread the odd pass through to Murray and the wingers, he has at least half a dozen lovely touches every game, but if there is a chance, he shoots. He didnae score, it was an own goal although Hibs fans in the main stand assumed Tony has scored due to his celebration. Team pal, team. Should have scored near the end but blasted it over. He is very frustrating.

I felt a bit sorry for Simon Murray, he has to feed off of scraps, often passed to him between his neck and waist and playing beside Stokesy who really never wants to pass. His mazy run for our goal was a sight to behold though. If I was critical it would be to say he has to be more physical, he stood waiting for a Saint to make a mistake at a corner where a barging half header might have got him a goal. Should have scored first half.

Subs

Swanson came on for the hopeless Barker and other than pass up a decent chance to score, pissed about too much and done little.

Matu Fi Lith came on for Stokes for 30 seconds, he didnae get a touch. Why bother?

Whilst I can see what Neil is doing with the shape, our formation is very positive, very attacking and almost cheeky given the opposition. However Barker no kicking a ball meant that it was left to the 9 others to do the work. I dinnae like Whitts at left back, maybe that is just me? Make some changes earlier Neil, and get Slivka on, he is a player.

I thought the referee was excellent. There is a line you don't read very often.

I also thought that St Johnstone were a very good team to watch, but they are not as good as Hibs. It was clear early in the second half, they were happy with a draw. We need to grasp these situations. Best for them were O'Halloran and Witherspoon. Cannae be easy when less than 3000 home fans bother to come along.

The Hibs support was large, although somewhat muted. Fair play for the applause when Spoony was subbed, and fair play the Saintees for doing the same when Swanson came on for Hibs. Isn't fitba cuddly, ffs.

Best for Hibs today for me were Barts, who was solid, John McGinn who I have a man crush on, Boyler who came back in and looked really good yet again and Paul Hanlon who is simply classy. However I thought Efe was great today, calmness personified, he is so confident in his ability, even his one Efe moment didnae bother him.

Next one, high flying Motherwell at the Holy Ground, a tough one again, but it is good to be back in the top league, and better that Hibs really do look like a good premier team, just lacking the clinical finishing we require to do well.

See you behind the goals!

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report, my favourite read post match. Agree pretty much but disagree about Stokes. Thought he worked very hard all game and was far from lazy. His touch and positioning are top class. Imo of course

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on mark tbh thought we could have played all day without getting a winner , hopefully it will all click one day and we will give someone a hiding.
    Thanks again for sorting me out for tickets.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    Mcginn was in a different class to anyone today, a joy to behold.
    Lennon should have said to barker " you have ten minutes at the start of this half to get in the game , or your off" What we got was 75 mins nothing from him, leaving Swanson very little time to adjust into the game. I'd love to know Lennons thinking in subbing Stokes with 20 secs to go????
    Stokes played ok always threaten to do something, but he didn't have his shooting boots on today, scuffed a few. Boyler unlucky not to score thanks to a great save .
    That Murray Davidson is a dirty little prik and should have booked about 3 hacks before he did. He then got subbed because if he's not kicking folk, he's not really doing anything.
    I think we are looking at mid table unfortunately, hopefully I'm wrong and we start finding a killer touch, and stop handing goals of a start to our opponents. Very strange that a fit mcgeouch can't get in the team, we really should be building the team around him, just don't get that at all
    St J is a pishy wee club, in a pishy wee stadium, in a pishy wee toon , with a few dozen inbreds for fans.

Cmon Hibs, let's start winning games again , get that swagger back , we are clearly better equipped than most teams in this league.

Administrator formerly known as Lanarkhibs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not having been there I am pleased from your report that we are creating chances. Yes it is disappointing in dropping four points in the last two games but at least on balance we are playing well. We have to give credit to Saints for having done well over the last few seasons and starting well this term. A well run club on limited resources with unfortunately for them a limited fan base. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Perth Saints.
    From Skye to Leith, the home of the Hibees

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought stokes was very good today. Didn't help him there was such a big gap between midfield and attack when sjm sits so deep especially the first half. 2nd half SJM was very good I thought, we really need to start putting teams away tho. Didn't think saints were up to much, one shot on target says it all. Just a big strong spl team, no wonder they don't have many fans.
    I think big Dave was brought on to go in the wall for their last free kick. Lennon was going mental he wasn't on in time.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Meant to say, this is my last Just Back, I hope you enjoyed them.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your 'Just Back' is what I look forward to when I get back from the match! Why is it your last? Have I missed something? Many thanks for all your reports. The one on May 21st 2016 will always be legend!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's a real shame , a lot, an awful lot of bouncers look forward too, and enjoy your write ups.
    Is there a certain reason why? , not of course it is any of my business.
    I'd like to think you change your mind, here's hoping, you do , and a big thanks for your efforts. As already said, people enjoy your take on things , and your good at it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    vCash
    Nooooooo. First thing I look for

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    That's a real shame , a lot, an awful lot of bouncers look forward too, and enjoy your write ups.
    Is there a certain reason why? , not of course it is any of my business.
    I'd like to think you change your mind, here's hoping, you do , and a big thanks for your efforts. As already said, people enjoy your take on things , and your good at it .
    He's locked in my shed.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    He's locked in my shed.
    And scunnered. Help!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report(s) Mark.
    I enjoy reading them from the games I've been unable to attend AND the ones I've been at - just so I can judge if you're talking $#@!e or not 😉

I'm sure your match observations will be missed by many Bouncers near and far.
    However, I understand that it's a short career and the money you've been offered from .net to switch allegiance over to the dark side is simply too much to turn down.

**Though I may have entirely made up that last bit up. #artisticlicense.🤣

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    Has there been a bust up at Bounce Towers?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    He's locked in my shed.
    And I look forward to his report on it.
    Especially all the pics on the walls.,

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Thanks for the report(s) Mark.
    I enjoy reading them from the games I've been unable to attend AND the ones I've been at - just so I can judge if you're talking $#@!e or not 😉

I'm sure your match observations will be missed by many Bouncers near and far.
    However, I understand that it's a short career and the money you've been offered from .net to switch allegiance over to the dark side is simply too much to turn down.

**Though I may have entirely made up that last bit up. #artisticlicense.🤣
    I wouldnae work for they ****s if you paid me. I am scunnered with it and want my Hibs life back.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    I wouldnae work for they ****s if you paid me. I am scunnered with it and want my Hibs life back.
    Ha, t'was but a joke, as I'm sure you're aware
    So in all seriousness, thanks for the just backs and enjoy your retirement...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Has there been a bust up at Bounce Towers?
    No? Why would there be?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Ha, t'was but a joke, as I'm sure you're aware
    So in all seriousness, thanks for the just backs and enjoy your retirement...
    I know that B, thanks.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    And I look forward to his report on it.
    Especially all the pics on the walls.,
    You won't really.

I'm sure you have more suitable pics of your mum.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry to hear this is your last Mark, though it is a thankless task....well apart from all the thanks your recieving.

Bridge was fine going over, just very slow on approach, glad I left an hour earlier than planned and managed to chill out in their lounge before the game. Going home was very fast. I parked in the scheme nearby, offsetting a fiver parking fee...and it was log jammed coming out. But I took a chance there would be an exit...slightly helped by a grey map on fringes of sat nav I managed to negotiate a way out of said housing estate and kept turning in opposite direction to what sat nav told me...soon was by Perth railway station and prison and back down the road in almost record breaking time...in fact I hav seen me get in from Easter Road later than I did from Perth.

As to the game I also thought Stokes was a bit greedy and maybe easily frustrated, but I did think he had a good game. Seemed a shame Lewis losing his place when Whittaker was making mistakes early on, but yes he did improve. Wanted the Lithuanians to have a chance halfway through the second but wasn't to be.

Not going to be easy keeping all the players happy and the tinkering around won't help us get a settled team who understand each other. But apart from first 15 we were def the better team and hopefully will start picking up some wins and Simon find his shooting boots again. I did feel though that big Dave would be good for the corners we kept getting but his stint on the pitch was probably the shortest I have ever seen and totally pointless.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Mark, like everyone else I will miss your take on the games, ffs I might have to try and make some games now!

'A man will fight for many things, Glory, his country, the glistening tear on a childs cheek........

But personally I'd mud wrestle my mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack full of French porn'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    so long as you've got your Hibs life back never mind us exiles, its a' "me,me,me" wi' you. seriously, looked forward tae yer "just backs" in the past and will miss them in the future. enjoy yer retirement ya selfish b#@t#@d GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    Shame to hear it's your last "just back" Mark.

There's a couple of ways to look at our start this season. On one hand it's been a promising start that we've travelled to Ibrox, Dens & McDiarmid Park and we've came away unbeaten. On the other had the games against Dundee and yesterday we have had the lion share of possession and chances so it's disappointing not to press the advantage home.

I reckon yesterday's point will be a good one, and not many teams will go there and take something so that's pleasing.

We need to stop gifting opposition goals. We've conceded first in each of our 5 games so far. We've been caught out by Hamilton already, and we won't get back into every game. I'm confident we'll start to turn possession and chances into goals.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    209 Post(s)
    vCash
    Absolutely gutted this is your last 'Just Back' Mark. I read, and trust your write ups more than any other website or paper - you're one of us, and write as a hibby.

Enjoy your retirement mate!!!

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for all the hard work and enjoy your retirement.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for all the work you have put in over the years, you have earned your retirement. Will be a massive loss to the site but I hope you start to enjoy the games a bit more!
    keep the faith fellow hibees ticfaidh ar la

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for all your 'Just Back's' Mark. It appears it's a thankless task. It's a funny family Hibs. Dangerous to have opinions at times...

Always appreciated the honest appraisals you gave from a true fan.

Hope you reconsider but understand you wanting to remove the hassle.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just want to add my thanks Mark, your reports were invaluable - especially when I was working at the Sunday Herald so couldnt go on Saturdays for a couple of years. Well done, now just enjoy the games and more normal Saturday nights.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    A big thank you for the syndicated Just Back's on your Branch's website over the past years Mark. A favourite which was appreciated by hundreds of our members.

GGTTH

BIG G

on behalf of St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association.

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry you're not gonna be doing anymore "just backs"
    Mate !!
    Always enjoyed reading your thought on the game,
    even though I was more often than not at the game
    You always seemed to spot something I'd missed!
    Appreciate all your efforts mate !
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry to hear your giving 'Just Back' up. When i'm offshore it's one of the first thing i look for for decent report on the game.

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for all the time you put in to the "Just Back's" over the years, Mark - they've always been my first read after a game - even when I've been there. Hopefully your young apprentice fella, SKII will step up to the plate and carry on your fine work. Orrabest.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Gutting. I'm sure I speak for all of us who can't make away games especially, when I say that this is a huge loss.

I'm sure you have your reasons, though; and nonetheless, thanks for the reports over the years.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    vCash
    Gutted to hear that may be your last Just Back 1875, have really appreciated them since moving down South! Can see why they would leave you scunnered though, as folk have said it's a thankless task. Perhaps someone will take over the reigns as I'd hate to see it disappear entirely.

Sounds like we are still going in the right direction in a football sense, just not getting the result our performance merits. Would be a pleasant surprise to actually score first in a game though!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6630 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry to read that this is your final Just Back @1875. It's been required reading especially as I can't get to games but you want your life back so that's fair enough. Thanks for all your endeavours in the past mate they've been much appreciated.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just back has been excellent reading from day one. Honest, entertaining wee reports that put the MSM match reports to shame. Hope you enjoy the wee break, thank you so much. Hope the baton passes to your able deputy. Agree that the 2016 cup win report may never be bettered. Till we win the league. GGTTH.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Thanks for all your 'Just Back's' Mark. It appears it's a thankless task. It's a funny family, Hibs. Dangerous to have opinions at times...

Always appreciated the honest appraisals you gave from a true fan.

Hope you reconsider but understand you wanting to remove the hassle.
    The truest words on this thread.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    Made better reading than the rags that report games. Cheers from the west.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and its another one we should have won...

A real shame. Of course, I've learned in life not to say 'never again'. So I will look forward to reading your just back in May when we win the Scottish Cup again.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bofahibee; 10-09-17 at 23:23.

Norwegian Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    The just back match reports have been fantastic reading since day one for me. Many thanks 1875, I really have appreciated the time and effort you have put in for us overseas bouncers.

Administrator formerly known as Lanarkhibs
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    vCash
    Mark, they have been fantastic and invaluable to many like me who cannot make it to the holy ground and our away grounds on a regular basis. They have been insightful depictions on how our tea has played. I will miss your writings, sad to see you end your contributions although I know how much effort you have put into delivering those.

See you behind the goals at some point and thanks for all those "Just backs" my old friend.
    From Skye to Leith, the home of the Hibees

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Gutted you're giving them up as I always really enjoy them. Thanks for doing so many though, and enjoy your retirement!
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry to hear thats the end of yer Just Backs, Mark. Read them after every game and they were an essential part of the post match dissection. Much appreciation for the work you've put in over the years when you couldve been having a bevvy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    Going to miss your Just Back report Mark. Like many others always the first report I read on every game.Always love your scathing thoughts on all things Hun
    Been a blessing for far flung Hibees like myself . Many thanks for your efforts and insights. Must take up a helluva lot of your time. Enjoy a few pre match pints instead.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    First of all thanks for all the Just back reports...they will be much missed.
    I was away for the week-end kept up to date with the score and read all the reports including the Just Back.
    A draw at St Johnstone isn't a bad result to be honest, but it does sound like a replica of the Dundee game a fortnight ago which was another game we dominated but couldn't win. I do wish we had brought in a proven SPL goalscorer over the summer. I know Stokes on his day is a great striker but he is one of those moody types who has to be up for it before you get the best out of him. Murray is a very good striker at Championship level but is yet unproven at SPL level. Big Davy should get a run out soon. As I said at the end of the window I really do think we are light up front with only three recognised strikers in the squad. McGregor facing weeks out is also a bit of a blow for us. Anyway onto Saturday and I am confident of three points against Motherwell.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    Put me down as one of the 'gutted too' that you're stopping the JB's.

For one season (only) I did a blog on Dutch Eredivisie games and by the end of the season if I didn't see or hear one more fecking result in Holland it would have been too soon... and that was without all the earache you got on a public forum!

But they were excellent reflections of how a Hibbie fan saw the game, W L or D.

And that's why they were my first stop after every game, for us expats - as Norway and others have said - they were a godsend.

Can you no replace that guy on the Retard that does the 'Hibs fan' column??
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers 1875 and even us guy's who can make the game will miss your views about the game of the day and I'm sure the guy's who can't will miss yer just back's mare than most
    I totally get you wanting your Saturday back. I've often thought how difficult and how much a pain in the the gere it must be watching the cabbage as a fan but knowing that you must keep tabs on the game etc but I can speak for all of us I'm sure in saying that every bouncer truly appreciated your take on the game 👍

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    Many thanks for all the "Just Back" match reports which became an essential read every weekend.

Written in true fanzine style they were always witty, brutally accurate, very perceptive and with a deep understanding of all things Hibs and produced within a few hours of the final whistle while the rest of us were enjoying our post match rituals.

Take immense credit that very occasionally people disagreed with your assessments as your match reports simply became the "gold standard" from which debate could flow.

They will be very much missed but enjoy your retirement.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry to hear I was looking for it today, it's the first thing I look for when I wake up in Oz even if I stay up and watch the game,

GoGO Back To Forum