Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    828 Post(s)
    vCash

Question Cummings-watch.

I did a little check on what Jason Cummings has been up to since departing, and it makes for interesting reading.

Forest have played seven competitive games, winning five, including two cup games, and losing two. They’ve netted thirteen times, including five in the cup, and have shipped eleven. Cummings, however, hasn’t started a single Championship game and has amassed a total of 31 minutes league-time, having been omitted entirely from three match day teams where he only featured on the bench.

Half an hour on the pitch in five games, and he’s been thrown on in both of the games where Forest were losing (and went on to lose). That’s his whack.

Needless to say, he hasn’t scored a goal in the league while Forest have scored eight – a goal every 56 minutes on average for the team, which suggests that Cummings hasn’t had enough time on the pitch to match the entire team’s scoring exploits.

But it’s not all doom and gloom.

Cumdog has played the full 90 minutes in both of Forest’s cup games (97 against Newcastle, as it went into extra time), both of which were victories, and which he’s hit the net a total of three times; his goals have also been decisive. It’s taking him 62 minutes on average to hit the net and he’s contributed 60% of Forest’s cup goals. In total, all games together, Jase is hitting the net every 73 minutes, or at least a goal a game, while Forest are scoring every 48 minutes on average when you include league and cup matches.

So…

He’s doing just fine. There are few players with a record that good in a brand new team where they’re not getting much game time (he’s playing almost exactly a third of Forest’s playing time) and is certainly not match fit. The worry isn’t that he’s not hit the ground running; it’s whether or not Warburton understands his value, and wants to give him a proper chance when the team isn’t losing.

The usual caveats apply.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash
    He's doing pretty well considering, I think. I can tell you that for the short opportunity he has been given he is pretty well regarded by the Forest fans I've spoken to who have watched him. i saw him play half a game in a pre=season derby against Notts and he looked sharp and carved out around five chances for himself. He also scored to terrific striker's goals in their win against Newcastle.

He just needs game time. Although competition is tight, I think it will come and he will be a success here.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    I honestly do not give a monkey's about his progress or otherwise. Nor anyone else who joined Celtic or Ranger from The Hibs, or went down South which is considerable over the decades. Why would I? Far too interested in the Hibs. I also remember the likes of Cormack, Joe et al going elsewhere. Why would I follow with interest what Broonie has done at Celtic. Sorry dinnae get this stuff. Auld school.

GGTTH

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly do not give a monkey's about his progress or otherwise. Nor anyone else who joined Celtic or Ranger from The Hibs, or went down South which is considerable over the decades. Why would I? Far too interested in the Hibs. I also remember the likes of Cormack, Joe et al going elsewhere. Why would I follow with interest what Broonie has done at Celtic. Sorry dinnae get this stuff. Auld school.

GGTTH

BIG G
    Depends a bit where they go for me. Care less than zero about those who go to other scottish sides (except when they're playing Hibs when obv want them to do badly), and not a great deal about those that go to England.

If we had a really good player who after a few years went to Barca or something I think I'd be mildly interested in their progress.
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    523 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

BIG G
    Agree to the extent of the Scottish Cup triumph and the 18 gadgies and then some that made it happen changed things.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

BIG G

Same, though two points. One is that if players are seen to be a success coming from Hibs, there is more chance of better bids for future players...if there is a belief in our training/system. The 2nd bit is only if we have a sell on clause which no one knows in regard to JC, but if so I hope he does superb and gets sold for 100m bucks

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

BIG G
    I can sympathise with that view. If he wasn't playing at a club a few miles from my home I don't think I would give too much of a toss either really.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

BIG G
    Agreed - aside from Cup winning legends.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like seeing certain ex hibbys doing well. Leigh Griffiths & Scott Brown being prime examples. Obviously all SC winners will always hold a special place , and hope they do as well as possible once they leave Hibs, with the obvious Hun caveat.

If they leave Hibs on good terms, after serving our club well, and not act the fud if they ever happen to play against us, then all the best wishes from me.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

BIG G
    Me neither, I have no interest in him until the day he wants to come back to Hibs. Frankly I hope fanny hats team get pumped every week.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Me neither, I have no interest in him until the day he wants to come back to Hibs. Frankly I hope fanny hats team get pumped every week.
    Like others, I will always take an interest in the Cup legends.
    GGTTH

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    Like others, I will always take an interest in the Cup legends.
    How is Gunnarrson doing?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    How is Gunnarrson doing?
    I'll be interested to find out!

Edit: 31 games for Djurgarden last season. Gaun yirsel, Niklas.
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good luck to Cummings. He's playing for a $#@! team in a $#@! league with a $#@! clueless manager and he'll have splinters up his arse by the end of the season. But loads of dough to pay for the Savlon. This story has an unoriginal ending.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'll always be thankful to Jason for what he did for us on the park, and wish him well - but the day he left i unfollowed him on $#@!ter.... he's not ours anymore; I'm not interested in what he does now.....

Unless he comes back of course!!!!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)
    vCash
    The lad was a breath of fresh air. Mental, fun and could back up his swagger with goals. Big style! He had gunts crying their eyes out and never wasted an opportunity to rub their noses in it. Absolute legend that done it when it mattered. Special lad. Pure maddo. Respect.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I did a little check on what Jason Cummings has been up to since departing, and it makes for interesting reading.

Forest have played seven competitive games, winning five, including two cup games, and losing two. They’ve netted thirteen times, including five in the cup, and have shipped eleven. Cummings, however, hasn’t started a single Championship game and has amassed a total of 31 minutes league-time, having been omitted entirely from three match day teams where he only featured on the bench.

Half an hour on the pitch in five games, and he’s been thrown on in both of the games where Forest were losing (and went on to lose). That’s his whack.

Needless to say, he hasn’t scored a goal in the league while Forest have scored eight – a goal every 56 minutes on average for the team, which suggests that Cummings hasn’t had enough time on the pitch to match the entire team’s scoring exploits.

But it’s not all doom and gloom.

Cumdog has played the full 90 minutes in both of Forest’s cup games (97 against Newcastle, as it went into extra time), both of which were victories, and which he’s hit the net a total of three times; his goals have also been decisive. It’s taking him 62 minutes on average to hit the net and he’s contributed 60% of Forest’s cup goals. In total, all games together, Jase is hitting the net every 73 minutes, or at least a goal a game, while Forest are scoring every 48 minutes on average when you include league and cup matches.

So…

He’s doing just fine. There are few players with a record that good in a brand new team where they’re not getting much game time (he’s playing almost exactly a third of Forest’s playing time) and is certainly not match fit. The worry isn’t that he’s not hit the ground running; it’s whether or not Warburton understands his value, and wants to give him a proper chance when the team isn’t losing.

The usual caveats apply.
    I've been keeping an eye out for him also and noticed he was the width of the bar away from a hattrick against Newcastle in the cup from a free kick in the 89th min
    I loved the wee radge but can also see big G point and no doubt as time passes my fondness for JC will fade. After all I eventually got over the burd I took tae the qualy (eventually)and I was fond of her tae 😏

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    828 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's interesting to note those who "don't care" about Cummings since he left, but cared enough to tell me they don't care.

Fair do's.

But, in case it's of interest, the reason I was looking at Cummings was due to another thread where I mused that Scots moving to England typically fail, not merely because of talent (or lack thereof), but because the expectation is that they'll fail; they need to hit the ground running and, even if they do, can't afford to have a bad game in their first ten.

Cummings seemed to be a good example of this particular phenomena, given that he's done very well during his time on the pitch, yet is only thrown on in league games that are going wrong. It's an example that seems to support my hunch.

Ultimately, it's a bit like subconscious racism/sexism.

While you look for reasons to like whites/men, you look for reasons to dislike blacks/women.

It's a subtle, yet impactful, difference.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    After all I eventually got over the burd I took tae the qualy (eventually)and I was fond of her tae 😏
    Only efter you got done for stalking her?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    Jason was a tremendous goalscorer for Hibs at a time when we most certainly needed one. Tended to score in big matches as well such as derbies etc. he more or less carried the team in the championship in terms of goals....in fact we depended far too much on him IMO. He was far from the complete striker but he was and still is a young laddie still learning his trade. He is however a natural penalty box goalscorer and they are a rare commodity. I think he will do well at Forest once he has a regular first team slot and I can see him eventually moving to a bigger club.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Only efter you got done for stalking her?
    😎

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    It's interesting to note those who "don't care" about Cummings since he left, but cared enough to tell me they don't care.

Fair do's.

But, in case it's of interest, the reason I was looking at Cummings was due to another thread where I mused that Scots moving to England typically fail, not merely because of talent (or lack thereof), but because the expectation is that they'll fail; they need to hit the ground running and, even if they do, can't afford to have a bad game in their first ten.

Cummings seemed to be a good example of this particular phenomena, given that he's done very well during his time on the pitch, yet is only thrown on in league games that are going wrong. It's an example that seems to support my hunch.

Ultimately, it's a bit like subconscious racism/sexism.

While you look for reasons to like whites/men, you look for reasons to dislike blacks/women.

It's a subtle, yet impactful, difference.
    It's an interesting theory. I can't see that Warburton, who is the relevant figure here, being the manager who picks him or not, has an aversion to playing and picking Scots players though, given his past recent employers. He'a also picking Barrie Mackay regularly, just signed and pretty well looking the business.

Cummings has some competition for a place as one might expect from Brereton, Velios, Murphy and Zach Clough, I think Jason will force his way into the reckoning by traditional means in time, simply by virtue of his goals.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    I can feel an implosion going on.
    Space to let

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    He's a big part of our history.

I'm looking to the future.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash
    I did hear tell from some fans that Jason was Forest's best player last night in their 3-1 home defeat (snigger) by Fulham.

That's five defeats in the last six games now and Forest on the slide.

The natives are getting ugly.

'I came out out of the game and heard fans saying MW out'

‘I just don't think MW is a very good football manager’

‘He had to stubbornly stay with plan A and get walloped’

‘MAY DAY. MAY DAY . CALLING MARIKANAKAS. YOUR SHIP WITH CAPTAIN WARBURTON AT THE HELM IS SINKING FASTER THAN THE TITANIC’

MW believes in playing the ball out from the back, & has no plan B’

‘Warburton needs to be sent back to selling shares or baking bread , or whatever it was he used to do.’

‘I came out out of the game and heard fans saying MW out’

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thank you to everyone who has informed us on a Jason Cummings thread that they have no interest in the thread. Your comments are valued and I look forward to your thoughts on what the weather was like last Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pq123 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who has informed us on a Jason Cummings thread that they have no interest in the thread. Your comments are valued and I look forward to your thoughts on what the weather was like last Friday
    I'm not interested in the weather last Friday.

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I'm not interested in the weather last Friday.
    You canny remember the weather last Friday 👻😉

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatie View Post
    You canny remember the weather last Friday 👻😉
    Lucky guess on your part.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more interested in Saturdays.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    vCash
    Urgent note for Bounce Admins: This thread has been hijacked by members not interested in Friday's weather. Can we delete these comments and allow those not interested in Jason Cummings to reclaim their original right to hijacking the thread?

PQ123

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pq123 View Post
    Urgent note for Bounce Admins: This thread has been hijacked by members not interested in Friday's weather. Can we delete these comments and allow those not interested in Jason Cummings to reclaim their original right to hijacking the thread?

PQ123

- - - Updated - - -

Back on thread................ Saturdays.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thursday goes too slow.
    Space to let

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thursday goes too slow.
    Ah, Mrs Thursday. Quite possibly one of Shrink's early squeezes (younger Bouncers might have to Google).
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    Ah, Mrs Thursday. Quite possibly one of Shrink's early squeezes (younger Bouncers might have to Google).
    Younger Bouncers, like what I am, probably thought Bowie
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Scored in a 2-1 win over Sheffield United yesterday. Decent effort. Probably keeps breid heid in a job for another week or so.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    vCash
    Poor clearance from John Fleck from a crap Forest corner (his first mistake all season tbf) then the ball is hitting the top corner from the edge of the box......little posey-haired tawt

Was a thorough nuisance all game though playing out wide in the main. No danger he doesn't fit in at this level.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash
    One supporter's view on Jason Cummings:

‘Have to say I have been very impressed with Cummings. I urge anybody to watch his hold up play, for somebody of his height and strength - his hold up play really is top draw. He will never go toe to toe with a defender, he always finds space and drops off a one-touch pass, it really is an underrated skill and there is plenty of "goalscorer" strikers that just stand upfront waiting for a chance to come *Cough Britt*.

He is a proper grafter and I think he will be a great success here. Next season will be his season, with Murphy a year older and him a year wiser he will be our top scorer. Still a young kid but clearly knows where the net is.’

Jason Cummings focused on helping Nottingham Forest retain winning habit - Nottingham Post

GoGO Back To Forum