Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and if it was a boxing match we would have won on points!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and if it was a boxing match we would have won on points!

Well that was frustrating eh? Usual rules apply, most of you will have seen the game on the telly, with reruns, differing angles and commentary. Me, well I watched it from the back row of the Bob Shankly stand behind a goal, with 1520 other Hibs fans. Neil made a few changes, one or two surprise ones, others needed.

Dropping Lewis and moving Whitts to left back had me baffled, Whitts performance first 30 minutes underlined that bafflement. I understand from mates watching the telly that the penalty was soft, maybe so but he was skinned beforehand and he shouldnae dive in like he did. Lewis wouldn't.

Barts replaced Dylan, I could see that and it worked. No place for Efe as Slivka got a start, as did Barker. Felt we played first half with 4 back, three middle and three up front. No sure it always worked?

Second half we were all over them , 56% possession, 9 shots on target, 15 corners. Their goalie kept a pretty poor Dundee in it. Best for Hibs today were McGinn, Barts, Barker and Stokes. I sat with Big G today, we both agreed that Whitts will be a key player for us, he is just not match sharp yet. I thought he was decent enough second half.

One observation, we need to find someone who can take corners, 15 and not one did any damage? What is Liam Henderson doing nowadays?

The Team

Rocky, nearly got the penalty, didnae have much to do really as Dundeh were pish. Couple of good long throws.

Good to see David Gray, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final get a start. He was poor first half but came onto a good second half. I thought he had scored from his header second half, but it seems the telly shows the ball didnae go in?

Daz didnae look all right the whole first half. Went off at half time with a knee injury, replaced by Efe.

Paul Hanlon played pretty well today, nae messing.

Whitts started poorly, gave a daft/ soft penalty away but made up for it for his part in the move that got us the excellent equaliser. Got much more involved second half.

Barts was back and I thought he had a good, strong performance, winning the battles and nearly getting a goal second half.

John McGinn looked like the multi million pound player we all know he is, he was immense in that midfield battle. Great use of the arse son. The suggestion is that the flop that is Warburton the Fanny has made Hibs an offer of 750k, 250k of which goes to St Mirren. Once Hibs have picked themselves up from the floor after pissing themselves laughing, they should phone the cash rich Forest and ask why they have missed a zero from there offer, as the present one is an insult to Hibs and John McGinn. John is better than Forest, he must aim higher. Gordon Strachan must have been impressed with Super John as he looked on from his seat in the stand today.

Slivka started very well today and had a good hour, then he faded badly. I felt he should have been replaced before Murray?

Barker looked very decent in parts and played a big part in our goal. Once match fit, he will be a real player for us. Hurt with ten to go, replaced with Fraser Murray. Should have pulled the trigger and scored after the wonder ball from SJM.

Stokes started badly, then scored and spent the second half torturing the Dundee defenders.For me he is getting better and better, I could smell burning.

Simon Murray worked hard to score against the booing Dundeh fans. It didnae come off for him and he was strangly replaced by Fraser Murray, when Davy fi Lith was probably the better sub to bring on as we pummelled their defence?

Subs

Efe came on for Daz at Half Time and is probably still smoking that stogey on the bus home after strolling through that second half.

Fraser Murray replaced his namesake Simon with 15 to go. I like Fraser, he is a player but I am not sure the five minutes he played as striker and the five he played as a left then right sided midfielder helped us in anyway?

Dylan replaced the injured Barker with 10 to go, and ended up playing up front with Stokes. Work that one out?

I thought we made a change too many today, there was no reason to drop Lewis, especially putting a right back at left back. One that is good but not match fit yet? Barker done well, as did Barts and Efe was always the one who would drop out when a back three goes to a flat four. We absolutely battered them, but frankly we have to take our chances.

The ref was poor, I cannot believe only 2 Dees players were booked, fiesty challenges and at least a couple of dives. He may have been mugged at the penalty too?

I could see Dundee going down, they have a couple of decent players, but they are pretty gash and spend the second half time wasting, at home against a newly promoted team. Says it all when their man of the match is the goalie.

6000 at the game, 1520 of those supporting Hibs behind one goal (and a few in the main stand too). At 26 quid to get in for a game that is live on Sky, I think to have 1/4 of the attendance is excellent.

As I said at the top, I thought we had a few good performers today in Barts, Stokes, Barker and Hanlon, but for me Super John McGinn was brilliant, every bit the English Premiership player I expect he will be this time next season. No some diddy mid table championship club managed by a fanny that failed at the Hunnery.

International break next, enjoy the Hibsless weekend (I know I dinnae) and see you up in Perth on the 9th or behind the goals v Motherwell on the 16th.

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that was frustrating eh? Usual rules apply, most of you will have seen the game on the telly, with reruns, differing angles and commentary. Me, well I watched it from the back row of the Bob Shankly stand behind a goal, with 1520 other Hibs fans. Neil made a few changes, one or two surprise ones, others needed.

Dropping Lewis and moving Whitts to left back had me baffled, Whitts performance first 30 minutes underlined that bafflement. I understand from mates watching the telly that the penalty was soft, maybe so but he was skinned beforehand and he shouldnae dive in like he did. Lewis wouldn't.

Barts replaced Dylan, I could see that and it worked. No place for Efe as Slivka got a start, as did Barker. Felt we played first half with 4 back, three middle and three up front. No sure it always worked?

Second half we were all over them , 56% possession, 9 shots on target, 15 corners. Their goalie kept a pretty poor Dundee in it. Best for Hibs today were McGinn, Barts, Barker and Stokes. I sat with Big G today, we both agreed that Whitts will be a key player for us, he is just not match sharp yet. I thought he was decent enough second half.

One observation, we need to find someone who can take corners, 15 and not one did any damage? What is Liam Henderson doing nowadays?

The Team

Rocky, nearly got the penalty, didnae have much to do really as Dundeh were pish. Couple of good long throws.

Good to see David Gray, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final get a start. He was poor first half but came onto a good second half. I thought he had scored from his header second half, but it seems the telly shows the ball didnae go in?

Daz didnae look all right the whole first half. Went off at half time with a knee injury, replaced by Efe.

Whitts started poorly, gave a daft/ soft penalty away but made up for it for his part in the move that got us the excellent equaliser. Got much more involved second half.

Barts was back and I thought he had a good, strong performance, winning the battles and nearly getting a goal second half.

John McGinn looked like the multi million pound player we all know he is, he was immense in that midfield battle. Great use of the arse son. The suggestion is that the flop that is Warburton the Fanny has made Hibs an offer of 750k, 250k of which goes to St Mirren. Once Hibs have picked themselves up from the floor after pissing themselves laughing, they should phone the cash rich Forest and ask why they have missed a zero from there offer, as the present one is an insult to Hibs and John McGinn. John is better than Forest, he must aim higher. Gordon Strachan must have been impressed with Super John as he looked on from his seat in the stand today.

Slivka started very well today and had a good hour, then he faded badly. I felt he should have been replaced before Murray?

Barker looked very decent in parts and played a big part in our goal. Once match fit, he will be a real player for us. Hurt with ten to go, replaced with Fraser Murray. Should have pulled the trigger and scored after the wonder ball from SJM.

Stokes started badly, then scored and spent the second half torturing the Dundee defenders.For me he is getting better and better, I could smell burning.

Simon Murray worked hard to score against the booing Dundeh fans. It didnae come off for him and he was strangly replaced by Fraser Murray, when Davy fi Lith was probably the better sub to bring on as we pummelled their defence?

Subs

Efe came on for Daz at Half Time and is probably still smoking that stogey on the bus home after strolling through that second half.

Fraser Murray replaced his namesake Simon with 15 to go. I like Fraser, he is a player but I am not sure the five minutes he played as striker and the five he played as a left then right sided midfielder helped us in anyway?

Dylan replaced the injured Barker with 10 to go, and ended up playing up front with Stokes. Work that one out?

I thought we made a change too many today, there was no reason to drop Lewis, especially putting a right back at left back. One that is good but not match fit yet? Barker done well, as did Barts and Efe was always the one who would drop out when a back three goes to a flat four. We absolutely battered them, but frankly we have to take our chances.

The ref was poor, I cannot believe only 2 Dees players were booked, fiesty challenges and at least a couple of dives. He may have been mugged at the penalty too?

I could see Dundee going down, they have a couple of decent players, but they are pretty gash and spend the second half time wasting, at home against a newly promoted team. Says it all when their man of the match is the goalie.

6000 at the game, 1520 of those supporting Hibs behind one goal (and a few in the main stand too). At 26 quid to get in for a game that is live on Sky, I think to have 1/4 of the attendance is excellent.

As I said at the top, I thought we had a few good performers today in Barts, Stokes, Barker and Hanlon, but for me Super John McGinn was brilliant, every bit the English Premiership player I expect he will be this time next season. No some diddy mid table championship club managed by a fanny that failed at the Hunnery.

International break next, enjoy the Hibsless weekend (I know I dinnae) and see you up in Perth on the 9th or behind the goals v Motherwell on the 16th.

Hibernian Forever!
    I had the benefit of seeing the game on the TV, SJM drove us forward, although his passing was slack at times and his touches weren't like his usual standard either, for me Silvika and Barts were the better part of our midfield today, I will give you his defence splitting pass which we should have scored from though, SJM is a quality player but I just wonder if his head was elsewhere due to the speculation about him.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers Mark. Pen was a dive, Hibs should have had one for an Allan hand baw tae.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash

The Team

Subs

Hibernian Forever!
    Agree with most of that, but did not think McGinn was 'super' today, especially second half. I like the look of Barker, tho' his injury might keep him sidelined. I thought it was a penalty at the time, but have been told Whittaker did not touch him. I've not seen a replay of the Scott Allan handball. At the time, I thought it was ball to hand, but the rule is daft and should be changed. There is only one person who knows whether a hand ball is 'deliberate' and he is hardly likely to tell the ref.!

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3750 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Agree with most of that, but did not think McGinn was 'super' today, especially second half. I like the look of Barker, tho' his injury might keep him sidelined. I thought it was a penalty at the time, but have been told Whittaker did not touch him. I've not seen a replay of the Scott Allan handball. At the time, I thought it was ball to hand, but the rule is daft and should be changed. There is only one person who knows whether a hand ball is 'deliberate' and he is hardly likely to tell the ref.!
    In Spain it's a card and a foul regardless, as long as its spotted.
    Should be standard I think, I've not seen this incident but a hand is a hand, it changes the course of the ball period.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Pen was very soft as their player left his leg in but SW never touched him, our shouts were decent and that's not me being biased as other lads who aren't Hibbys thought the same, shocking ref.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and if it was a boxing match we would have won on points!

Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    Pen was very soft as their player left his leg in but SW never touched him, our shouts were decent and that's not me being biased as other lads who aren't Hibbys thought the same, shocking ref.
    Shocking ref for sure but that linesman on the left takes the biscuit - he just looked bewildered all the time. Absolutely hopeless. I assume the scar on his head was where they took his brain out.

It was my first league game of the season and I thought we looked worryingly flat to begin with. Whittaker was definitely off the pace and I said to the guy next to me that I thought the new boy Barker didn't seem that quick either. We came in to our game but by then we were a goal down. We need to start games at a higher tempo I think.

For what it's worth, from where I was sat up behind the goal - Bain definitely looked to have carried the ball over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bofahibee; 27-08-17 at 23:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)
    vCash
    We should count ourselves unlucky not to get the 3 points today.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    What was very evident for me watching it on telly in Turkey was the disgraceful sectarianism Stokes was subjected to by the Dundee fans.

And I thought we played superb. Had we won that 4-0 nobody could have complained.

We do need for me though another forward option...

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    What was very evident for me watching it on telly in Turkey was the disgraceful sectarianism Stokes was subjected to by the Dundee fans.

And I thought we played superb. Had we won that 4-0 nobody could have complained.

It's worrying that we can't win a game that we have dominated like that. It's not a positive that game. Was awful to drop two points

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It's worrying that we can't win a game that we have dominated like that. It's not a positive that game. Was awful to drop two points
    I'd be worried if we were outplayed and were fortunate to draw. We battered them. And fully deserved to win.

Many more positives than negatives.

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    vCash

Boyle would have helped.
    GGTTH

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought Hibs played really well. Again a silly mistake costs us a goal. Young Barker looked a threat, and all round I was fairly impressed.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on Mags. McGinns passing last 2 weeks has been poor. Allan handball was a stonewaller.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    In insolation that was a game we should have won, but we've been the dominant team in three matches this season and taken 7 points from them - that's a positive to me. The Hamilton game we didn't turn up and were deservedly beaten. I'm pretty happy with our start to the season, the big disappointment being our inability to keep a clean sheet.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    Spot on Mags. McGinns passing last 2 weeks has been poor. Allan handball was a stonewaller.
    I can recall two or maybe three misplaced passes today?

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Saw the highlights. Hibs were very impressive and should have won. I have never thought Whittaker was a defender and today just emphasised that. He is a superb player on the ball going forward and he is creative. I hope Lennon utilises him better in the weeks ahead. Dundee have their goalkeeper to thank for getting their first point of the season. Our next game is another tough one...away to St Johnstone. I am confident we can win that one though.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    Barker looks a player. We battered them, and they were fortunate to get a point. I bet Neil is focussed on not letting teams get off the hook in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    I can recall two or maybe three misplaced passes today?
    Me too, the expectation on John is crazy?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's from the bonkers mentality school of thought mate that Liam Henderson did nothing else apart from a couple of decent corners....

Makes me despair.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    thanks for report, only saw brief highlights on Sportscene today, Barker looked alright on those.
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't expect any player to be brilliant every week; simply give my opinion.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't expect any player to be brilliant every week; simply give my opinion.
    I wasn't suggesting you Mags, more those who think players are $#@!e or brilliant and there is no in-between.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Skivin cooncil Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1101 Post(s)
    vCash
    I kept waiting for the big Lithuanian guy to come off the bench. We needed someone to bully the young centre half.

Still a decent performance from Hibs though. Just lacked the finishing touch. And their goalie had a really good game.

Onward , and upward.
    Ever play this game chief?

Since 1875

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash

The Team

Subs

Hibernian Forever!
    Not sure if the part at the end re McGinn is a panic comment to the bid received but he was woeful yesterday. Only consistency he showed yesterday was with giving the ball away.

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesbounceross View Post
    Not sure if the part at the end re McGinn is a panic comment to the bid received but he was woeful yesterday. Only consistency he showed yesterday was with giving the ball away.
    The misplaced passes I saw at the game had me thinking the same but having watched it back I must be honest and say that SJM had a decent game overall without being close to his best.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    The decision to take off Murray was a strange one. Even when he isn't playing particularly well , he is a constant pest and is always likely to snatch a goal or create space for someone else, even more so not to put another forward on.
    I thought Lennon was slightly harsh on him in the post match interview , stating he needs more composure. Well Murray isn't alone in that area, not by a long way.

I love SJM attitude, if things aren't happening for him , he just gets his head down (literally!!!!) and works harder. Barts was Barts, and Stokes just has that bit of class , which other teams just don't have. Again it dosent always work out for him, but I thought he had his good attitude head on. That keeper definitely intentionally blocked him, im not sure what Stokes was meant to do? Anybody would have done the same .
    Whittaker looked like a right back playing left back, hence the tackle, its never a good idea to play someone on the wrong side in defence. Remember the nightmare season when we done it to Stevenson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    The decision to take off Murray was a strange one. Even when he isn't playing particularly well , he is a constant pest and is always likely to snatch a goal or create space for someone else, even more so not to put another forward on.
    I thought Lennon was slightly harsh on him in the post match interview , stating he needs more composure. Well Murray isn't alone in that area, not by a long way.

I love SJM attitude, if things aren't happening for him , he just gets his head down (literally!!!!) and works harder. Barts was Barts, and Stokes just has that bit of class , which other teams just don't have. Again it dosent always work out for him, but I thought he had his good attitude head on. That keeper definitely intentionally blocked him, im not sure what Stokes was meant to do? Anybody would have done the same .
    Whittaker looked like a right back playing left back, hence the tackle, its never a good idea to play someone on the wrong side in defence. Remember the nightmare season when we done it to Stevenson.
    Good spot mate and anyone who has ever played fitbaw especially left back or right back and been asked to play on your unnatural flank could see that whittaker went with the wrong leg and no doubt felt inside out and just lunged in through sheer desperation at getting done

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought we took too long to really get going and oddly SJM started as the best player and then got worse in the second half as the team got better. Although even when he's not really ticking - and I felt like he misplaced a lot of passes - he still makes things happen.

Marvin was really good IMO, but he's a stopper really, and not having Dylan means we lose a dimension in the midfield and didn't have a nice rhythm or final pass. For ages we were kind of dominating but then just lobbing balls from around half way towards Stokes and Simon which weren't at all incisive. Felt Slivka was tidy but didn't really impose himself on the game much. And the corners were total rubbish.
    so what do I know

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3750 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Good spot mate and anyone who has ever played fitbaw especially left back or right back and been asked to play on your unnatural flank could see that whittaker went with the wrong leg and no doubt felt inside out and just lunged in through sheer desperation at getting done
    Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact he's played on the left efficiently for much of his career. So he wouldn't have felt inside out, he just got done by the boy. Not the first player to do him this season already either.

He's still getting up to speed, either looks too casual or is still building his match fitness.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact he's played on the left efficiently for much of his career. So he wouldn't have felt inside out, he just got done by the boy. Not the first player to do him this season already either.

He's still getting up to speed, either looks too casual or is still building his match fitness.
    Indeed, seem to remember Windass doing him when he was playing on the right v the Huns. No biggie, all players will give stuff away from time to time.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1170 Post(s)
    vCash

There was a moment early in the game where he had to sprint from a standing start and it was like watching a cruise liner pull out of port. I do think it's just a lack of fitness and sharpness though.
    so what do I know

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3750 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with both of you, I'm not trying to start picking flaws. I thought against both Thistle and Hamilton there was a few times on the ball he looked a little too sure and got caught out, in terms of the casual comment.

Same with the running, there's a few faster yards in him still to come I think.

I understand playing Gray, he needs and deserves game time, although I'm not sure dropping Stevenson just to play SW was the best choice, unless there's more I don't know.
    Isn't that 2 pens in 2 weeks against SW as well?

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with both of you, I'm not trying to start picking flaws. I thought against both Thistle and Hamilton there was a few times on the ball he looked a little too sure and got caught out, in terms of the casual comment.

Same with the running, there's a few faster yards in him still to come I think.

I understand playing Gray, he needs and deserves game time, although I'm not sure dropping Stevenson just to play SW was the best choice, unless there's more I don't know.
    Isn't that 2 pens in 2 weeks against SW as well?
    Accies pen was Big Daz, no?
    GGTTH

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    It was indeed.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    Aye.

Big Daz is a concern as well - caught out under the ball for The Rangers opening goal, gave away a stupid penalty against Hamilton, lucky not to be caught out by a similar ball from Dundee before going off injured... hopefully the international break helps him get back to his best.

Considering we had the best defence in the country for most of last season, we've conceeded an alarming amount of goals in the league so far, we need to address this quickly and start getting some clean sheets.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Aye.

Big Daz is a concern as well - caught out under the ball for The Rangers opening goal, gave away a stupid penalty against Hamilton, lucky not to be caught out by a similar ball from Dundee before going off injured... hopefully the international break helps him get back to his best.

Considering we had the best defence in the country for most of last season, we've conceeded an alarming amount of goals in the league so far, we need to address this quickly and start getting some clean sheets.
    I think McGregor is struggling both with his injured knees and also to adapt to the increased demands of the higher league. I think defensively we really need to up our game as a whole. It's hard when you are so used to playing against teams who hardly ever put you under any pressure to all of a sudden coping with teams who do. You also get away with mistakes more in the Championship which you don't in this league...even the bottom six standard clubs have players who will punish you for errors. I don't think Lennon has helped matters by chopping and changing his defence since the season started. We really need to get a settled back four or three or whatever and stick with it.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3750 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers, dunno why I thought it was him. I was even there :

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    vCash
    Maybe reading too much into it but they looked to me a bit like a team that had been over worked - perhaps in the aftermath of the defeAt to Hamilton.

I have to say that some of those corners were woeful though and they definitely need to do some work in that area of their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers, dunno why I thought it was him. I was even there :
    Dunno why I forgot whittaker played a lot on the left either hammi and will put it down to far too many short ones last night 😏

GoGO Back To Forum