Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 112

Thread: Nottingham Forest in for John McGinn

  1. #1
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    947

    Nottingham Forest in for John McGinn

    I can't think that Forest's bid would be a very worthy one. They are still under residual financial restrictions as far as I understand.

    I've personally felt all along that Hibs' plan this close season was to cash in on Jason and keep John for another season. We shall see.

    Nottingham Forest target Scotland international John McGinn - Nottingham Post

  2. #2
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6674 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't think that Forest's bid would be a very worthy one. They are still under residual financial restrictions as far as I understand.

    I've personally felt all along that Hibs' plan this close season was to cash in on Jason and keep John for another season. We shall see.

    Nottingham Forest target Scotland international John McGinn - Nottingham Post
    Sky Sports suggested that Hibs knocked them back.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  3. #3
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky Sports suggested that Hibs knocked them back.
    So the article and the BBC say too, Dub.

  4. #4
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    Forest trying to get players on the cheap again, hope we continue to tell them to bolt, commentators seemed to sugggest forest will be back

  5. #5
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,649
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    600
    £5m and JC back on loan or fannyhat can bolt.

  6. #6
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    947
    Neil Lennon confirmed the bid had been rejected, saying: “A bid came in for John but it was nowhere near our valuation of the player. It was laughable.”

    Hibs knock back Nottingham Forest bid for John McGinn - Edinburgh Evening News

  7. #7
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    I said it preseason and I'm still gonna say it now. McGinn is going nowhere this season.

  8. #8
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said it preseason and I'm still gonna say it now. McGinn is going nowhere this season.
    Unless the valuation is met mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  9. #9
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3781 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless the valuation is met mate.
    Nope, need to do better than that as well.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  10. #10
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, need to do better than that as well.
    Agreed, wasn't great last week and the same today, is his head elsewhere?
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  11. #11
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3781 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, wasn't great last week and the same today, is his head elsewhere?
    Eh?

    I meant need to do better than his valuation for us to sell.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  12. #12
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh?

    I meant need to do better than his valuation for us to sell.
    I was on about his performances in both games mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  13. #13
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3781 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was on about his performances in both games mate.
    I know, but it just came a bit from the blue.

    Wouldn't really be saying his head is elsewhere, the whole team underperformed last week and judging by this week so far it wasn't too dissimilar. Us and him have both been aware of interest in his services all summer I'm sure, wouldn't just randomly be getting turned cause of this offer.

    I was more worried half them might have snuck in a wee late night to watch the boxing this week.

    If McGinn goes, it needs to be for real money, just because we're Hibs doesn't mean we should be accepted paltry $#@!e like this, less than a mil for him and Cummings each (rumours) is a joke.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  14. #14
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, wasn't great last week and the same today, is his head elsewhere?
    He was fine. Better than many of our other players today. I think people expect miracles from McGinn sometimes.

    I'll be gutted if he goes.

  15. #15
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2943
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was fine. Better than many of our other players today. I think people expect miracles from McGinn sometimes.

    I'll be gutted if he goes.

    Yep. I thought the midfield trio of SJM, Slivka and especially Bart were strong first half. Tired a bit but I don't recognise the SJM being described as distracted. And he certainly didn't say any farewells at the end.

    We'd only get 500k from Breadheids bid. It's nowhere near what it would take.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  16. #16
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3749
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, wasn't great last week and the same today, is his head elsewhere?
    I thought he was Hibs best player and his heed was 100% on winning every ball and helping Hibs win?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  17. #17
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, but it just came a bit from the blue.

    Wouldn't really be saying his head is elsewhere, the whole team underperformed last week and judging by this week so far it wasn't too dissimilar. Us and him have both been aware of interest in his services all summer I'm sure, wouldn't just randomly be getting turned cause of this offer.

    I was more worried half them might have snuck in a wee late night to watch the boxing this week.

    If McGinn goes, it needs to be for real money, just because we're Hibs doesn't mean we should be accepted paltry $#@!e like this, less than a mil for him and Cummings each (rumours) is a joke.
    I think if SJM does go we will already have placements in mind mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was fine. Better than many of our other players today. I think people expect miracles from McGinn sometimes.

    I'll be gutted if he goes.
    Fair enough, although for me he isn't consistent enough.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he was Hibs best player and his heed was 100% on winning every ball and helping Hibs win?
    Thought from watching it on telly him and the big man were superb.

  19. #19
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3749
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought from watching it on telly him and the big man were superb.
    I agree.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  20. #20
    Space Cadet Radge



    Perthhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    972 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fair enough, although for me he isn't consistent enough.
    Hibs fans eh

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2943
    Quote Originally Posted by Perthhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs fans eh

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Aye. We're a funny auld, fickle, dysfunctional family of bams.

    The only way to reference a players consistency, to my mind, is to see them every week in the flesh. Wee snippets on Sportscene are not enough to know whether a player's contribution was or is good enough. Never better illustrated than by the chat of the (very nice) guys who sit behind us at ER every other Saturday. They "see" half a season as they don't do away games. It comes through in their chat at home games. Their perception of players' contributions over the course of a season ends up very different to ours. We're all on a different place on that spectrum and that's before we factor in all our own personal prejudices, preferences and pet players
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  22. #22
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. We're a funny auld, fickle, dysfunctional family of bams.

    The only way to reference a players consistency, to my mind, is to see them every week in the flesh. Wee snippets on Sportscene are not enough to know whether a player's contribution was or is good enough. Never better illustrated than by the chat of the (very nice) guys who sit behind us at ER every other Saturday. They "see" half a season as they don't do away games. It comes through in their chat at home games. Their perception of players' contributions over the course of a season ends up very different to ours. We're all on a different place on that spectrum and that's before we factor in all our own personal prejudices, preferences and pet players
    Funny how NL himself thought McGinn was in the game but too many times not in it also.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  23. #23
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2499 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    Forest will come in with another bid IMO...and others may come in as well.
    If McGinn makes it clear to the club he wants to leave then he will be away very shortly as soon as a club meets our valuation.
    A replacement will already be earmarked.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  24. #24
    Space Cadet Radge



    Perthhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    972 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    229
    “I would value John at £5million, but there has been no bid in our valuation that has come in. We are in negotiations to renew his contract if we can so it’s just a waiting game.”

    Read more at: Neil Lennon accuses Mark Warburton of trying to unsettle John McGinn - Edinburgh Evening News

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    jock3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    280
    Throughout the match there was at least one Dundee player snapping at SJM's heels, so I thought he did very well. The way he turns and beats a player to create some space is world class. I just hope the days of Hibs letting star players go for a song are well over. It seems Jason Cumming's fee remains undisclosed. Would be interesting to find that out.

  26. #26
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3749
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. We're a funny auld, fickle, dysfunctional family of bams.

    The only way to reference a players consistency, to my mind, is to see them every week in the flesh. Wee snippets on Sportscene are not enough to know whether a player's contribution was or is good enough. Never better illustrated than by the chat of the (very nice) guys who sit behind us at ER every other Saturday. They "see" half a season as they don't do away games. It comes through in their chat at home games. Their perception of players' contributions over the course of a season ends up very different to ours. We're all on a different place on that spectrum and that's before we factor in all our own personal prejudices, preferences and pet players
    Spot on. Expect an uber fan comment some time soon.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  27. #27
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Throughout the match there was at least one Dundee player snapping at SJM's heels, so I thought he did very well. The way he turns and beats a player to create some space is world class. I just hope the days of Hibs letting star players go for a song are well over. It seems Jason Cumming's fee remains undisclosed. Would be interesting to find that out.
    No-one can agree what the JC fee was so, that aside, when was the last time Hibs let a star player go for a song?
    Space to let

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4457 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No-one can agree what the JC fee was so, that aside, when was the last time Hibs let a star player go for a song?
    Jason Cummings?

  29. #29
    On holiday Radge
    broonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought from watching it on telly him and the big man were superb.
    This. He's was holding 2 of their cloggers off at a time and still keeping possession/keeping our play flowing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3749
    Quote Originally Posted by broonieboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. He's was holding 2 of their cloggers off at a time and still keeping possession/keeping our play flowing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, we were outnumbered in midfield the whole of the game, Marv and John battled well.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  31. #31
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Must admit I have a particular dislike of Nottingham Forest. They appear to be a very arrogant club. Though obviously I have respect for the amazing job Brian Clough a genius did. They are a club that have been insulting to us with certain transfer bids over the years.

  32. #32
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings?
    I think the point @Jack was making was that nobody really knows what that deal was, and I’d be amazed if any hibbies believed Warburton’s version of it. He’s known to bend the truth quite happily, and has a dislike for Hibs as a club. In my view, he went for “around” the million pound mark which is an absolutely extraordinary bit of business when you remember that, away from Easter Road, Jason Cummings is a proven goalscorer at a very low level of football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must admit I have a particular dislike of Nottingham Forest. They appear to be a very arrogant club. Though obviously I have respect for the amazing job Brian Clough a genius did. They are a club that have been insulting to us with certain transfer bids over the years.
    I wanted to like them, given that I went to the City Ground a few times with a friend of mine. But the reality is that they are arrogant, and forget that they’ve never really done a lot outside of the period you mentioned – they’re a provincial English club, and not much more.

    In comparative terms, Hibs are easily bigger.

  33. #33
    Nutty Radge
    westsidehibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    livi
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    40
    Said weeks ago I thought we would sell him without getting someone in , hope I'm wrong .

  34. #34
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must admit I have a particular dislike of Nottingham Forest. They appear to be a very arrogant club. Though obviously I have respect for the amazing job Brian Clough a genius did. They are a club that have been insulting to us with certain transfer bids over the years.
    Have to agree, K. There is in particular an arrogance about some of the fans, although I have many decent Forest mates. To the tune that I've enjoyed seeing underdogs, Notts County piss them off on many occasions over the years. They now have an absolute bawbag of a manager of course which makes them hard to love. Shame, they've played some great football over the years.

  35. #35
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    I love Forest. Everything about them was amazing. What they did...and how they did it... is what fitba is aw about. Peeps who think differently are just sad faced wankey losers. Rightly. Slanging double Euro Cup winners. ... $#@!in have a word eh... Stupid.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6424 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    I was marginally interested in their results when Peter Cormack played there.
    After that they were just another Ingerlish team that I couldnae give a fcuk about.

  37. #37
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1016
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Forest. Everything about them was amazing. What they did...and how they did it... is what fitba is aw about. Peeps who think differently are just sad faced wankey losers. Rightly. Slanging double Euro Cup winners. ... $#@!in have a word eh... Stupid.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I quite like Forest tae. Good traditional club with a loyal - mostly local - fanbase who would be a good addition back in the top tier should they get their erses in gear. Add Leeds United to that pile as well.

    With Cummings being there, I can ignore the Warburton and Weir (wankbag) combo and hope he bangs in a load of league goals if he is ever given the chance.

    English fitba is fecked though. Aluko fee says it all. The huge increase in TV money from overseas - on top of the record UK deals - means that average joes are going for multi million pounds which is trickling down to the lower divisions and making us even more also rans when it comes to attracting players from the likes of league one.

    Celtc champions league money isn't even worth a sook compared to the money championship clubs are now coining in.

  38. #38
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Forest. Everything about them was amazing. What they did...and how they did it... is what fitba is aw about. Peeps who think differently are just sad faced wankey losers. Rightly. Slanging double Euro Cup winners. ... $#@!in have a word eh... Stupid.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Got to agree with this
    You won't ever see a so called provincial club winning the top prize in European fitbaw ever ever again and I said ever twice cos there's even less chance of anyone ever seeing it happen again ever never mind twice
    Maybe some folks have a personal grievance with forrest and or come from nearby and have a dislike due to the location and competition from forrest
    I'm sure that they do have some really arrogant fans but so do every other fitbaw club hibs included

  39. #39
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1508 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to agree with this
    You won't ever see a so called provincial club winning the top prize in European fitbaw ever ever again and I said ever twice cos there's even less chance of anyone ever seeing it happen again ever never mind twice
    Maybe some folks have a personal grievance with forrest and or come from nearby and have a dislike due to the location and competition from forrest
    I'm sure that they do have some really arrogant fans but so do every other fitbaw club hibs included

    I'd never say never after what Leicester achieved.

  40. #40
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd never say never after what Leicester achieved.
    They did cross my mind ST bud and kinda covered my gere with the twice comment 😏

  41. #41
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2499 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd never say never after what Leicester achieved.
    Yep.
    Never again will I take the view that Hibs or any other non OF club can never become champions of Scotland after what Leicester City achieved two years ago. The single greatest achievement by any club in the UK in the last 40 years if not more.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  42. #42
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep.
    Never again will I take the view that Hibs or any other non OF club can never become champions of Scotland after what Leicester City achieved two years ago. The single greatest achievement by any club in the UK in the last 40 years if not more.
    Maybe more bud
    Remember that forrest won the EC twice which is a staggering feat and separates them from every other one season wonders

  43. #43
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1508 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Be nice if football could do something similar to the NFL and have a wage cap across the board. Will never happen, but would even the playing field.

  44. #44
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2499 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe more bud
    Remember that forrest won the EC twice which is a staggering feat and separates them from every other one season wonders
    Yes it was a staggering feat...and it's a matter of opinion what is the greater achievement, Cloughie's unfashionable Forest winning two European Cups in a row (and I was a huge admirer of Clough as a manager) or Leicester City winning the English Premiership in front of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and all the rest of them....to name only a few of the clubs in that league which absolutely dwarf Leicester in terms of resources and power. For me , it's Leicester. It was the equivilant of Partick Thistle winning the SPL.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forest will come in with another bid IMO...and others may come in as well.
    If McGinn makes it clear to the club he wants to leave then he will be away very shortly as soon as a club meets our valuation.
    A replacement will already be earmarked.
    Exactly.

    At worst this is SJM's swansong with Hibs though at best he should make it through to the January window but he is leaving very soon and even quicker if he decides to play hard ball like some of the rest.

    He must know by now whether Celtc will be interested given his deep family connection through his "grandpops" but if Brendan doesn't think he is good enough then its English Championship here we come.

    Hibs need to sell before the value begins to plummett but they can stall a little for time though I wouldn't get to excited about a replacement being sourced quickly if at all as everyone's season and contracts are now well established.

    Like JC lets hope SJM succeeds wherever he chooses as they all deserve a wee shot at the so called "big time" of the English Championship (he he) and the very real riches that come with it.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 30-08-17 at 04:58.

  46. #46
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it was a staggering feat...and it's a matter of opinion what is the greater achievement, Cloughie's unfashionable Forest winning two European Cups in a row (and I was a huge admirer of Clough as a manager) or Leicester City winning the English Premiership in front of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and all the rest of them....to name only a few of the clubs in that league which absolutely dwarf Leicester in terms of resources and power. For me , it's Leicester. It was the equivilant of Partick Thistle winning the SPL.
    I'm struggling to find myself disagreeing with any of that GM but the i find it difficult to beat the feat that forest side done also, so for me it's Cloughie's forest 👍

  47. #47
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Not too sure if McGinn will end up in England. He wants to play for Celtic no doubt about it, when is the question. He comes from a footballing family so probably has a more balanced and realistic idea of football goins on.

    Too many young hopefuls or potential wonderkids jumped over the border only to head back up to clubs such as Hibs, Aberdeen and such like. If he makes a move down there and it doesn't work out then his shot at Celtic is all but gone. Makes more sense to get game time at Hibs and shine in the process, won't take Celtic too long to come sniffing especially now we are back in same league.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  48. #48
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Sorry all for being a $#@! on this thread. I was wrecked and in a bad mood and tbh couldn't remember even posting last night. Vodka and me don't mix. Soz.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too many young hopefuls or potential wonderkids jumped over the border only to head back up to clubs such as Hibs, Aberdeen and such like.
    It’s funny, I often catch myself wondering if it’s actually a seedy form of prejudice that causes Scots to do badly in England. Not that overt “porridge-wogs are all $#@!” stuff, but the sub-surface distrust that informs your judgements without you knowing it. Because Scots are effectively expected to fail when they go to England, they’re given far less time to make their way into a team and are punished much more heavily for poor performances; especially in the media.

    Personally, I think Scottish players are roughly equivalent to their English counterparts, but the assumption is the opposite as soon as they’re over Hadrian’s Wall. They have all the same technical deficiencies on the park, and typically the same behavioural problems off of it. The last match at Hampden would have seen us beat them, had Craig Gordon not had a nightmare, and that’s extraordinary when you consider the difference in salary between the two squads.

    The current English champions have, what? One Englishman (Gary Cahill)?

    The biggest difference is in athleticism, which is explicable considering the amount of money the English game generates and easily treatable under similar circumstances. Once you get past that, you realise that the performance of the English game is down to clubs being flooded with cash to invest in foreign talent.

    Scots going to England are on a hiding to nothing. You either hit the ground running and avoid a single bad game in your first ten, or you’re banished first to the bench, then to the squad, and then back up over the border.

    I sincerely hope that’s not John McGinn’s fate.

  50. #50
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s funny, I often catch myself wondering if it’s actually a seedy form of prejudice that causes Scots to do badly in England. Not that overt “porridge-wogs are all $#@!” stuff, but the sub-surface distrust that informs your judgements without you knowing it. Because Scots are effectively expected to fail when they go to England, they’re given far less time to make their way into a team and are punished much more heavily for poor performances; especially in the media.

    Personally, I think Scottish players are roughly equivalent to their English counterparts, but the assumption is the opposite as soon as they’re over Hadrian’s Wall. They have all the same technical deficiencies on the park, and typically the same behavioural problems off of it. The last match at Hampden would have seen us beat them, had Craig Gordon not had a nightmare, and that’s extraordinary when you consider the difference in salary between the two squads.

    The current English champions have, what? One Englishman (Gary Cahill)?

    The biggest difference is in athleticism, which is explicable considering the amount of money the English game generates and easily treatable under similar circumstances. Once you get past that, you realise that the performance of the English game is down to clubs being flooded with cash to invest in foreign talent.

    Scots going to England are on a hiding to nothing. You either hit the ground running and avoid a single bad game in your first ten, or you’re banished first to the bench, then to the squad, and then back up over the border.

    I sincerely hope that’s not John McGinn’s fate.
    I don't think you're wrong but I'd say almost anyone down there that doesn't hit the ground running is toast.

    It doesn't matter if that player has cost 10s of millions. 10s of millions is loose change!
    Space to let

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Jason cummings moves to nottingham forest
    By Hibs1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 04-07-17, 10:30
  2. John McGinn
    By rianhibby in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-16, 09:43
  3. We've Got McGinn, Average John McGinn...
    By MSG_07 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-04-16, 03:06

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •