3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baggageandfibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye but you don't compound the injustice by going 'ach well, $#@! happens, let's forget about it'. You make sure lessons are learned and it doesn't happen again. You make sure that the ones who committed the injustice are not allowed to act with impunity and rub your face in it.
    Exactly, it's a joke, people should be held accountable at the SFA, people covering there own arses and were somehow involved in that, a review would be transparent, it's the right thing to do, unfortunately people have skeletons in there cupboards.
    Italy has cleaned up its corruption problem more than us and that's saying something, The Sevco have something on Roddets, Regan and co, they're bricking it.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    I received this from a St. Patrick's Branch member and will raise it......

As Branch Secretary of the largest single Hibs Supporters Branch , I implore you to discuss this matter with the Branch Committee . I, for one, have never been more embarrassed to be a Hibs Supporter than I am just now, having read that sub-Pontius Pilate-esque excuse for not standing up for justice and integrity.

Incidentally, Hibs, as a Club, suffered due to the old Huns' cheating on many occasions during that infamous era. The following are just the top six instances:

1) During the 2000-01 season the dead club pipped Hibs to second place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted Champions League football during the 2001-02 season;

2) On Saturday, 26 January 2002, I was among around 1,500 Hibbies in a crowd of less than 26,000 at Ibrox to watch a Scottish Cup tie which the hosts won 4-1. Without the dead club's cheating, Hibs (having equalised through Grant Brebner; what a celebration that engendered!) might have won and gone on to win the Scottish Cup that season. (We had to wait another fourteen years, and much as I would not change that perfect day in May 2016, it would have been nice to have ended the drought a wee bit earlier!);

3) On Thursday, 24 October 2002, the dead club knocked us out of the League Cup by winning 3-2 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that Season's League Cup.;

4) On Saturday, 10 January 2004, I watched the dead club knock us out of the Scottish Cup by winning 2-0 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.;

5) During the 2005-06 season the dead club pipped Hibs to third place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted European football (other than the Inter-Toto Cup) during the 2006-07 season.; and

6) On Sunday, 9 March 2008, the dead club scored against a Hibs team temporarily reduced to ten men due to an injury during a Scottish Cup replay at Ibrox. It was the only goal of the tie. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.

The Authorities - including the powers-that-be at Hibernian Football Club - want us all to develop collective selective amnesia and to forget how the old Huns profited from cheating. Well, I never will. And, if I know you as I think I do, neither will you. Neither will my Dad, neither will my brother. Neither will any Hibby I know.

The Club must be made aware of our disdain of their actions.

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baggageandfibs View Post
    Aye but you don't compound the injustice by going 'ach well, $#@! happens, let's forget about it'. You make sure lessons are learned and it doesn't happen again. You make sure that the ones who committed the injustice are not allowed to act with impunity and rub your face in it.
    Hibernian are not the governing body. Hibernian are one of 42 SPFL clubs. We alone have exactly zero clout on the matter. We already know the position of one of our contemporaries in Aberdeen, and have taken a similar stance. It's not about shrugging our shoulders and saying "oh well", but we simply don't have the power to do anything about the governing body.

For what it's worth I don't disagree with anything you are saying, and if I believed we as a club could do anything about it I'd view this differently.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Hibernian are not the governing body. Hibernian are one of 42 SPFL clubs. We alone have exactly zero clout on the matter. We already know the position of one of our contemporaries in Aberdeen, and have taken a similar stance.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I don't see how Hibs can do anything about it.
    Zab can you enlighten us with what Hibernian did when inundated with complaints about our fans treatment at the Christmas Bigotfest and consequent outcomes following meetings with the Huns? What clout did Hibs use?

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Tracey Frank (who would of originally had something to say) speak to us?

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    Tracey Frank (who would of originally had something to say) speak to us?
    I understand that Tracey and Frank intend to release their own 'statement' shortly.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I understand that Tracey and Frank intend to release their own 'statement' shortly.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)
    vCash
    Will try to keep an open mind but hard to see how they've represented the fans' views here. Maybe they're resigning?
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    About the Christmas Bigotfest or the Hunbelievable Statement or both?

BIG G

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Zab can you enlighten us with what Hibernian did when inundated with complaints about our fans treatment at the Christmas Bigotfest and consequent outcomes following meetings with the Huns? What clout did Hibs use?

BIG G
    I believe that is a different issue, and not one I know much about. What relevance has this to the current discussion?
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    Will try to keep an open mind but hard to see how they've represented the fans' views here. Maybe they're resigning?
    Not really for me to say, but I'm not sure if there IS a 'fan's view' to be represented.

What I wanted was probably illegal - but not that much more than the crimes already committed.

I'm pretty clear however who the criminals AREN'T - and that's the Hibs.

Fans and club.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash

As Branch Secretary of the largest single Hibs Supporters Branch , I implore you to discuss this matter with the Branch Committee . I, for one, have never been more embarrassed to be a Hibs Supporter than I am just now, having read that sub-Pontius Pilate-esque excuse for not standing up for justice and integrity.

Incidentally, Hibs, as a Club, suffered due to the old Huns' cheating on many occasions during that infamous era. The following are just the top six instances:

1) During the 2000-01 season the dead club pipped Hibs to second place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted Champions League football during the 2001-02 season;

2) On Saturday, 26 January 2002, I was among around 1,500 Hibbies in a crowd of less than 26,000 at Ibrox to watch a Scottish Cup tie which the hosts won 4-1. Without the dead club's cheating, Hibs (having equalised through Grant Brebner; what a celebration that engendered!) might have won and gone on to win the Scottish Cup that season. (We had to wait another fourteen years, and much as I would not change that perfect day in May 2016, it would have been nice to have ended the drought a wee bit earlier!);

3) On Thursday, 24 October 2002, the dead club knocked us out of the League Cup by winning 3-2 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that Season's League Cup.;

4) On Saturday, 10 January 2004, I watched the dead club knock us out of the Scottish Cup by winning 2-0 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.;

5) During the 2005-06 season the dead club pipped Hibs to third place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted European football (other than the Inter-Toto Cup) during the 2006-07 season.; and

6) On Sunday, 9 March 2008, the dead club scored against a Hibs team temporarily reduced to ten men due to an injury during a Scottish Cup replay at Ibrox. It was the only goal of the tie. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.

The Authorities - including the powers-that-be at Hibernian Football Club - want us all to develop collective selective amnesia and to forget how the old Huns profited from cheating. Well, I never will. And, if I know you as I think I do, neither will you. Neither will my Dad, neither will my brother. Neither will any Hibby I know.

Gordon this must have cost the club a significant sum of prize money and other income, yet the sfa and club happily sold us season tickets for competitions they likely knew where already corrupt. Hibs contempt towards the fans is shocking. Huge step backwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    About the Christmas Bigotfest or the Hunbelievable Statement or both?

BIG G
    The 'statement' I think - but time will tell.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    vCash
    I received this from a St. Patrick's Branch member and will raise it......As Branch Secretary of the largest single Hibs Supporters Branch , I implore you to discuss this matter with the Branch Committee . I, for one, have never been more embarrassed to be a Hibs Supporter than I am just now, having read that sub-Pontius Pilate-esque excuse for not standing up for justice and integrity.Incidentally, Hibs, as a Club, suffered due to the old Huns' cheating on many occasions during that infamous era. The following are just the top six instances:1) During the 2000-01 season the dead club pipped Hibs to second place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted Champions League football during the 2001-02 season;2) On Saturday, 26 January 2002, I was among around 1,500 Hibbies in a crowd of less than 26,000 at Ibrox to watch a Scottish Cup tie which the hosts won 4-1. Without the dead club's cheating, Hibs (having equalised through Grant Brebner; what a celebration that engendered!) might have won and gone on to win the Scottish Cup that season. (We had to wait another fourteen years, and much as I would not change that perfect day in May 2016, it would have been nice to have ended the drought a wee bit earlier!);3) On Thursday, 24 October 2002, the dead club knocked us out of the League Cup by winning 3-2 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that Season's League Cup.;4) On Saturday, 10 January 2004, I watched the dead club knock us out of the Scottish Cup by winning 2-0 at Easter Road. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.;5) During the 2005-06 season the dead club pipped Hibs to third place. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have hosted European football (other than the Inter-Toto Cup) during the 2006-07 season.; and 6) On Sunday, 9 March 2008, the dead club scored against a Hibs team temporarily reduced to ten men due to an injury during a Scottish Cup replay at Ibrox. It was the only goal of the tie. Without the dead club's cheating, we might have gone on to win that season's Scottish Cup.The Authorities - including the powers-that-be at Hibernian Football Club - want us all to develop collective selective amnesia and to forget how the old Huns profited from cheating. Well, I never will. And, if I know you as I think I do, neither will you. Neither will my Dad, neither will my brother. Neither will any Hibby I know.The Club must be made aware of our disdain of their actions.
    Big G as as St Pats member totally support the branch taking this up and at least putting out our own statement or a joint one with other branches.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Big G as as St Pats member totally support the branch taking this up and at least putting out our own statement or a joint one with other branches.
    I second that.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Strong legal advice from men of the lodge or influenced by.

Supreme Court judges blew our legal people out the water last time.

And a fairer and brighter future, aye and money grows on trees.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash

Brilliant. Though, actually $#@!in brutal. Our board have badly badly let us down.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    I believe that is a different issue, and not one I know much about. What relevance has this to the current discussion?
    Plenty. Precedent shows us with Christmas Bigotfestgate that feedback from Fans reps....nay Hibs tops can be lamentably if pretty non existent . If the Fans reps come out with bland backing or towing the line of the Hunbelievable Statement....they are not representing the general consensus of supporters nor doing their job in my opinion. Hope I am wrong.

BIG G

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    On point of principle they should walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not really for me to say, but I'm not sure if there IS a 'fan's view' to be represented.

What I wanted was probably illegal - but not that much more than the crimes already committed.

I'm pretty clear however who the criminals AREN'T - and that's the Hibs.

Fans and club.
    I don't know of any fan who doesn't think Hibs should have demanded an inquiry - very few on this thread. I'm sure they exist but surely a minority.

I agree with your other points.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Regan and Dungmaster where paid by the Huns years ago, brown envelopes under the table. Sweep sweep.

Do Tracey and Frank get a vote on that 'unanimous' vote?

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    vCash
    Plenty. Precedent shows us with Christmas Bigotfestgate that feedback from Fans reps....nay Hibs tops can be lamentably if pretty non existent . If the Fans reps come out with bland backing or towing the line of the Hunbelievable Statement....they are not representing the general consensus of supporters nor doing their job in my opinion. Hope I am wrong.

BIG G
    Right ok I understand where you're coming from now - I've not really mentioned or considered the fan reps regarding the statement the club have made, mainly because I don't imagine they had any influence on the outcome.

It will be interesting to see if the fan rep statement is more in line with the general consensus of the majority of Scottish football fans (myself included) that the Rangers EBT issue should be investigated and punished accordingly, or as you say whether they tow the party line. If it's the former it will show that they have a voice but no power, if the latter then it shows they're not representative of the majority of the Hibs support.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    I don't know of any fan who doesn't think Hibs should have demanded an inquiry - very few on this thread. I'm sure they exist but surely a minority.

I agree with your other points.
    I think 90% (at least) of us internet bampots were pretty clear we wanted the matter looked at again, and I'd imagine Tracey and Frank transmitted that to the Board. However, why they accepted corporate responsibility for the statement (if indeed they have) is for them to clarify.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    What now..protest before the game on Saturday?

Hope St Pats will release a statement as mentioned
    until the sky turns green

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think 90% (at least) of us internet bampots were pretty clear we wanted the matter looked at again, and I'd imagine Tracey and Frank transmitted that to the Board. However, why they accepted corporate responsibility for the statement (if indeed they have) is for them to clarify.
    According to the statement the decision was unanimous.

BIG G

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Hope St Pats will release a statement as mentioned
    Hopefully one from ourselves at the Bounce also.
    Hibs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash

BIG G
    Saw something from Tracey on twitter tonight confirming her and Frank agreed with the stance of the board.

Deeply regret voting for that pair.
    until the sky turns green

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    the pair of them might as well just step down now, their posts are a complete waste of time.
    I have to reluctantly agree with this. Having spoken to Tracy, I know she is totally sound and a good person - but as "fans reps" on the board, it's difficult to see how they can justify standing behind this statement, given that I'd say it's no exaggeration to say that at least 80% of Hibs fans fundamentally and passionately disagree with it. I certainly don't know a single Hibby that agrees with it, and I know a fair few. I don't see how you can reconcile that and still call yourself a fans rep?

If they were to have disagreed on our behalf and been overruled - okay. But you simply can't reasonably claim to be part of a unanimous decision here.

It is an abdication of representation. End of. There's no getting away from that.

However, I'm not binning my season ticket or stopping going. I realise that may make me a hypocrite in some folks eyes. But what Hibs are to me, and indeed going to the football in general, is a lot bigger than a) The Rangers and b) the current board. And I'm not going to diminish my life by feeling compelled to sacrifice all that following Hibs, and my team on the park, mean to me.

But to be clear - this is a bull$#@! statement, and it's not made in my name, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Saw something from Tracey on twitter tonight confirming her and Frank agreed with the stance of the board.

The only vote they will be getting from me in future is of no confidence.

Pointless post and they do not represent us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    On point of principle they should walk.
    Or maybe just crawl smurf
    This whole shenanigans beggars belief

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I have to reluctantly agree with this. Having spoken to Tracy, I know she is totally sound and a good person - but as "fans reps" on the board, it's difficult to see how they can justify standing behind this statement, given that I'd say it's no exaggeration to say that at least 80% of Hibs fans fundamentally and passionately disagree with it. I certainly don't know a single Hibby that agrees with it, and I know a fair few. I don't see how you can reconcile that and still call yourself a fans rep?

If they were to have disagreed on our behalf and been overruled - okay. But you simply can't reasonably claim to be part of a unanimous decision here.

It is an abdication of representation. End of. There's no getting away from that.

However, I'm not binning my season ticket or stopping going. I realise that may make me a hypocrite in some folks eyes. But what Hibs are to me, and indeed going to the football in general, is a lot bigger than a) The Rangers and b) the current board. And I'm not going to diminish my life by feeling compelled to sacrifice all that following Hibs, and my team on the park, mean to me.

But to be clear - this is a bull$#@! statement, and it's not made in my name, that's for sure.

Hibs fans will be Hibs fans will be Hibs fans.......when every single Board member at present is no longer there. Why the $#@! do you think anyone would consider you a hypocrite amigo.

BIG G

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ashamed of Hibs this evening. Have been wary of Petrie and a possible conflict of interests with his role at the SFA for a while now. He should've been gone years ago and he can certainly $#@! right off now. The statement is a disgrace and smacks of self-interest. The club would have been better saying nothing.

As for the fans reps, well that is a side-story but surely their positions are untenable now no matter what statement they release.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs fans will be Hibs fans will be Hibs fans.......when every single Board member at present is no longer there. Why the $#@! do you think anyone would consider you a hypocrite amigo.

BIG G
    Cheers G - I guess in reality it's a part of myself that feels a little bit hypocritical. Like, by continuing to pay my money and go along, I'm to a degree complicit with the stance. And I guess I'm just angry right now too, that it seems to throw a stark reality of modern football into sharp relief (and not just in Hibs case) - that we ARE the club, just like Dons fans ARE Aberdeen FC, but the people at the top feel able to separate the club from that reality, while at the same time presuming the right to speak "on our behalf".

It's a sorry saga from bottom to top.

Agree, though, with those who reiterate the fact that we shouldn't be having to take any position - it's the Hun whose door all blame lies at.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't understand how this

"The lengthy and detailed explanation of the SPFL legal advice (July 26th 2017) makes clear that this matter has now been thoroughly examined by some of Scotland’s keenest legal minds, and their opinion is that – given the rules which applied at that time - no additional sanctions could be retrospectively applied."

can be true when

"It fell to the Supreme Court to decide whether money paid in to an EBT (in place of remuneration or salary) was ‘income’ and subject to Income Tax and NIC. The Supreme Court upheld HMRC’s position."

And furthermore

Discussing the Rangers case, David Richardson, director general of HMRC’s customer compliance group, stated:

“This decision has wide-ranging implications for other avoidance cases and we encourage anyone who’s tried to avoid tax on their earnings to now agree with us the tax owed…”

Now I'm first to admit I don't have a really detailed understanding of the legal fine print. But if - as is implied - there is a clear case for retrospectively clawing back those funds, then there must also be a case that Rangers cheated and this must be worth examining. The breathtaking logical leaps in the statement, the boilerplate 'positivity' about the 'game' - I don't think I've ever people so clearly and obviously sweeping a huge turd under the carpet.
    so what do I know

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash

For Frank and Tracey with the bonus of a well kent Bounce Admin in the band. Quality!

GGTTH

BIG G

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    Credit certainly to Hibs for giving us the communication we craved but its a real slap in the puss for anyone who cares deeply about the integrity and governance of Scottish Football.

The "Dear Leaders" SFA ambitions are well known but more dissapointing is the mounting evidence of Leannes failures when faced with anything controversial concerning "Scotland's Shame 1872" or "Scotland's Shame 2012".

Complete silence on the intimidating Xmas bigotfest match despite numerous supporters complaints, utter silence on the breathtaking media lies over the cup final and a complete failure at any time to confront any of the numerous joke statements emanating from "Scotland's Shame 2012" or their fan groups.

In that light its not entirely unexpected for Hibs to tug the forelock and fall cap in hand behind the SFA's cowardice but its beyond hugely disappointing.

In the overall big picture the fans reps situation is a bit of an irrelevance but of course they should resign or at least register their strong dissent at this GTF aimed right at the fanbase they are meant to represent.

Tracey gives the impression of being a very well meaning wee lassie totally and completely out of her depth in events of this magnitude and Frank has redefined the fans rep role as his own wee personal fiefdom so wont be rocking any boats.

This issue wont ever go away in Scottish Football but how sad is it to be represented by a collective board of Directors who to all intents and purposes when asked to show leadership and confront proven blatant cheating over a 10 year period just absolutely "Shat it".

Scottish no british, ya radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not one more brass farthing from me. The game is rigged. Thanks for $#@! all Hibs
    Think this is where I am now after some hard thinking, all that money spent over all those years of cheating when it apparently wasn't known about (aye right) wasted. Even now that it's out in the open nowt is tae be done about it and those involved with operating it and those involved with covering it up continue tae be involved in the upper echelons of Scottish fitba. Scottish fitba is corrupt and rotten tae the core and our club is now a part of that corruption due tae the scheming and self preservation/interest of one man, he has dragged this club down tae the gutter where him and the rest of the SFA operate. The game in this country has about as much credibility as American wrestling. They've had my money for this season and there's nowt I can dae about that now but while any of these people remain involved and until something is done about it, the game is up.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    Credit certainly to Hibs for giving us the communication we craved but its a real slap in the puss for anyone who cares deeply about the integrity and governance of Scottish Football.

The "Dear Leaders" SFA ambitions are well known but more dissapointing is the mounting evidence of Leannes failures when faced with anything controversial concerning "Scotland's Shame 1872" or "Scotland's Shame 2012".

Complete silence on the intimidating Xmas bigotfest match despite numerous supporters complaints, utter silence on the breathtaking media lies over the cup final and a complete failure at any time to confront any of the numerous joke statements emanating from "Scotland's Shame 2012" or their fan groups.

In that light its not entirely unexpected for Hibs to tug the forelock and fall cap in hand behind the SFA's cowardice but its beyond hugely disappointing.

In the overall big picture the fans reps situation is a bit of an irrelevance but of course they should resign or at least register their strong dissent at this GTF aimed right at the fanbase they are meant to represent.

Tracey gives the impression of being a very well meaning wee lassie totally and completely out of her depth in events of this magnitude and Frank has redefined the fans rep role as his own wee personal fiefdom so wont be rocking any boats.

This issue wont ever go away in Scottish Football but how sad is it to be represented by a collective board of Directors who to all intents and purposes when asked to show leadership and confront proven blatant cheating over a 10 year period just absolutely "Shat it".
    This.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I second that.
    Third that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash

BIG G
    Indeed it was, and that's why it's up to the Fans Reps to explain their stance.

I could only theorise.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post

And the club admins know this. It's not some corp who you can readily boycott or use an alternative, it's something sewn deep into all of our souls. They'll have gauged the obvious reaction and ordered all parts of the club to keep heads down...I suspect there will be no interviews with players/coaches until the pre match obligatory ones.

I've missed most of the games this season so far, next one ( if I manage to get a ticket) will be Celtc. If was able to go this weekend, I'd probably not go as some kind of token futile gesture, but I know- and more importantly they know- I'll be back when able. I'll be going to ER long after Petrie/Dempster have shuffled off to pastures new.

The sour taste of condoning cheating and the smugness pouring out of Ibrox will leave the lasting memory of supplicancy from our board of directors. I didn't trust in the mantra 'in Leanne we trust' before that statement, I trust her even less so now.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Ashamed of Hibs this evening. Have been wary of Petrie and a possible conflict of interests with his role at the SFA for a while now. He should've been gone years ago and he can certainly $#@! right off now. The statement is a disgrace and smacks of self-interest. The club would have been better saying nothing.

As for the fans reps, well that is a side-story but surely their positions are untenable now no matter what statement they release.
    Petrie was part of the "5 way" agreement or whatever it was called.

SPFL and SFA parped it at the thought of losing Rangers back then...and its embarrassing - maybe understandable, a lot of dosh at stake, but spineless.

but to realise why they got to the stage where the administrators of the game believed the whole scottish game revolved round 2 of 42 clubs is more embarrassing...the preceding decade needs to be investigated fully - the focusing on the duopoly, and the way the game was run from 86 onwards - i think it is more than probably dirt will appear on all kinds of clubs - maybe even our own, but it needs to happen.

when mcleish left there were rumoured to be 50+ first team players - now if wages could be offset in an EBT scheme or other option it would be reckless of hibs not to investigate it....bain the architect went from rangers to hearts....maybe he didnt take the scheme to hearts but it need to be clarified.

this isnt a pro-sevco anti-sevco thing - that pantomime is merely a by product of massive mismanagement - followed by a lack of transparency and venturing dreadfully close to all out disdain and mistrust.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    And the club admins know this. It's not some corp who you can readily boycott or use an alternative, it's something sewn deep into all of our souls. They'll have gauged the obvious reaction and ordered all parts of the club to keep heads down.
    This exactly. I`ll admit to being in a bit of turmoil right now. The stench of corruption is so strong in Scottish football you can feel it. The self-serving boys club at the SFA have no integrity or shame. Our club has just said publically that it is comfortable in the knowledge that Scottish football is rotten but what can you expect when your chairman is the Vice President of that same boys club. No conflict of interest at all then.

We wanted a statement to call out the huns and the media on their lies after the cup final. Club said nothing. We wanted a statement calling out the hun behaviour after the infamous Ibrox game. Club said nothing. When a statement is finally given....it supports corruption at the highest level of Scottish football. Wish club had said nothing.

I`ll continue to go to games this season. I`ve paid my money. I`d also miss being in The Harp with my pals before the game. I love Hibs but the corruption at the top of the game is something i cant ignore. I am so disappointed in the club just now. The board only had to support an independent review.No more.
    I`ll make a decision at the end of this season.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This exactly. I`ll admit to being in a bit of turmoil right now. The stench of corruption is so strong in Scottish football you can feel it. The self-serving boys club at the SFA have no integrity or shame. Our club has just said publically that it is comfortable in the knowledge that Scottish football is rotten but what can you expect when your chairman is the Vice President of that same boys club. No conflict of interest at all then.

We wanted a statement to call out the huns and the media on their lies after the cup final. Club said nothing. We wanted a statement calling out the hun behaviour after the infamous Ibrox game. Club said nothing. When a statement is finally given....it supports corruption at the highest level of Scottish football. Wish club had said nothing.

I`ll continue to go to games this season. I`ve paid my money. I`d also miss being in The Harp with my pals before the game. I love Hibs but the corruption at the top of the game is something i cant ignore. I am so disappointed in the club just now. The board only had to support an independent review.No more.
    I`ll make a decision at the end of this season.
    Don't think you'd be a football fan if this whole sorry episode didn't cause some kind of internal turmoil about what's morally correct vs what's being allowed to be swept under the carpet. We're all invested emotionally and financially in a competitive, professional sport where you hope a level playing field is the least you'd expect. We've all acknowledged over the years that there's a degree of favouritism for the OF, both on the filed of play and in the board rooms of The SFA.

But for our own club to come out and pretty much agree it's happened and accept we should all move on without any more to be done or said really is a size 5 mitre mouldmaster to the sacks on a cold winters playtime. We're being told to accept an unlevel playing field- even moreso than the obvious advantage larger clubs have over smaller clubs- and get on with it.

I'll make a judgement call next summer about whether to continue following Hibs. I guess I probably will.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash

it is does at times to say its not a duopoly when you see stats like this.....

BUt it isnt , or rather it should be, a duopoly
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    606 Post(s)
    vCash

Message for Tracey or Frank

The elephant in the room in all this whole stinking mess is the fact that the SFA have made themselves all but redundant as the arbiters of what is honest or fair in Scottish football. It's clear that Rangers did gain some sort of advantage from the EBTs (otherwise why would they have bothered?). But by choosing to be (at best) selective and (at worst) biased in the way they viewed this and (crucially) the subsequent insolvency, the SFA have made themselves irrelevant. If, in the future, another club is discovered to have been bending the rules they will be able to point to the way the letter of the law was not applied in this case. The only way to restore credibility going forwards must be for a new organisation to be created which deals with all issues of ethics in Scottish Football.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'll be standing behind St Pats .

SFA are a bunch of corrupt $#@!s. Biggest cheats in World Sport.

Love watching Alex McDonalds' puss when we lifted the old lady. Round ye ya bigotted wee nyaff

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    Been thinking - while we're battering Hibs (and Aberdeen and whoever else), let's not forget that perhaps the finest hour for non-Glasvegas football fans in living memory is the line in the sand that was drawn that prevented the Huns from walking straight back into one of the top two divisions. Cos make no mistake, if it had been left to the corrupt fuds that "run" the game in this tinpot $#@!ing country, that's exactly what would have happened.

And another thing: all of this is not Hibs' or Aberdeen's fault, or anyone else's at the end of the day - it's fully down to the the stinking, backward institution in Govan, who not satisfied with the hiding-in-plain-sight institutional bias they already enjoyed, and a financial advantage already dwarfing anyone else's (barring the other Galsgow arsecheek) by orders of magnitude, felt the need to cheat just to make sure they finished in front of Celtc.

We shouldn't forget all that, even in the face of a truly disappointing response from the suits at our own club. Our players and support are blameless.

Football in Scotland is worse than South America or Italy for being a cesspool of bootlicking sycophants, entitled bigotry, and visionless grey wallopers in blazers who treat our national game like one of those golf clubs full of fannies in East Lothian.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    On Saturday, 26 January 2002, I was among around 1,500 Hibbies in a crowd of less than 26,000 at Ibrox to watch a Scottish Cup tie which the hosts won 4-1. Without the dead club's cheating, Hibs (having equalised through Grant Brebner; what a celebration that engendered!) might have won and gone on to win the Scottish Cup that season. (We had to wait another fourteen years, and much as I would not change that perfect day in May 2016, it would have been nice to have ended the drought a wee bit earlier!);
    I was at that game, a few of us ended up on the pitch when Brebner equalised. Seem to recall a Sikh boy in a turban being lifted as he was the only Hibs fan the police could identify once the post-goal carnage had died down, poor sod Ibrox wasn't a happy hunting ground for us back then.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

GoGO Back To Forum