Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and Hibs beat the Huns 3 2 yet again...I am exuberant!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and Hibs beat the Huns 3 2 yet again...I am exuberant!

Wow, I keep saying it, wow. No Barts, no Boyler. The first ten minutes we looked unsure, wobbly and lacking confidence. Fast forward to full time, the Hibs end are gutted we didnae step up second half and really put the Huns to the sword. The Huns scored, hit the post and started very well. by mid way through the first half, we were in control, we never lost that control. Its also why we kept 11 men on the pitch, control.

So the match build up. Most Hibs fans headed through early, the Hibernian Car Park was full by 2.10. Located next to a wee industrial park and the Rangers Supporters club, more of that later.

As we walked from the car park to the Hunnery, I have to say the police tactics were pretty decent, they formed a 'gauntlet' for Hibs fans (and the odd oblivious hun) to walk up as massed ranks of Huns stood staring at us from behind the polis. The ICF Old Guard were there looking on at us. I think we won the staring match (FFS).

Once inside, I never saw one Hibs security guard, not one. I did see a wall of police either side of the Hibs support, who stayed there all game. I frankly have a healthy disregard for the Police, I hate the way have been treated at the Hunnery over the years. Today their operation was almost perfect. We pay their wages, they earned them today.

So to the football. The team set out as I suggested last night on the bounce, with Boyler and Barts out injured. Slivka was a surprise starter, but not a surprise player, he looks like he played for Juventus. Rocky in goal, a back three that started too casually for me but went on to be magnificent, Whitts and Lewis up and down, Dylan the metronome, John and Slivka, Stokes sitting quite deep on the left and Simon Murray being brilliant.

The Huns started with a bunch of dobbers in blue, nae idea who most of them were but they are pretty $#@!e. There fans remain sectarian scumbags.

The 3 5 2 worked after 10 minutes, indeed I felt with a couple of tweaks (Whitts for Gray and Stokes for Matu for me) after an hour, I reckon we would have beaten them by more? One name I have to put out there, Dylan McGeouch.

So to the team....

Rocky was poor at the Huns first goal, as was his three centre halfs. He went on to have a great game without really being tested.

Whitts was fine, he is a good player but looked buggered after an hour, yet played 90 minutes. The Huns dinnae like him much. That makes me like him more.

Darren, like the other backies started poorly. He went on to own the Hun attackers, he nailed them time and again. He's a class defender.

Paul too had a wobbly first 10, then he went on to be fantastic, winning headers and tackles whilst playing with the grace and skill he has. Brilliant to have him back.

Efe was wobblier than ever first ten, and lost his man too often at headed set pieces. However he was for 90% of the game, absolutely fantastic.

Lewis is Lewis, he does very little wrong.

I feel when we play Super John on the left, he become John. Today was a case in point, we lose his drives through opposition players. However today was set a specific task, to nulify a Hun, what we saw was Scotland old in the Hun Dorrans v Scotland new in John, they battled the whole game, John won that battle handsomely.

Vykintas Slivka scored a wonder winning goal, created our second and looked every bit a player we have signed from Juventus.
    I will repeat that, Vykintas Slivka scored a wonder winning goal, created our second and looked every bit a player we have signed from Juventus. I missed the goal as I turned to talk to Fieryjack.
    I have seen it on Bigot TV since, what a goal, what a player! Wow.

Then there was Dylan McGeouch, often not talked about, Dylan disnae even have a proper song in the Hibernian songbook. Sauzee only knows why. Today was the day that Dylan became a Hibs legend. I thought from kick off Dylan was magical, he took total control of that midfield, winning the ball, spraying passes, setting the tempo and looking like the football player he is. I thought he was magic, what a performance. His delight at the end also showed us just what beating the Huns means to him. That was the best performace Dylan has given us. Wow, just simply wow.

Stokesy was made most welcome by the neanderthal derry boys. First half he was giving them a torrid time, he looked pumped up. I thought he tired badly second half and offered little last 20.

Girls might like Simon Murray, me, I love the laddie. Is it wrong to have a man crush on two Hibs players at one time? Simon scored oals, runs and runs and runs and runs, closes down, reads the game like a seasoned pro, has an immaculate first touch. We have replaced Jason without even meaning it!! That is 10 goals now, 10 and its no even really mid August. Keep him away from hun hackers, he will get us 30. I hope he was taken off for the wee injury he got from some hunnish follow through, as I would play him full game every game, as he is simply brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

The Subs

First of all I feel we waited wayyyyyyyyyy to long, Whitts and Stokesy looked burned out, both stayed on??

Swanny for Simon Murray after 80 or so minutes. I didnae agree, I still dinnae, although Danny done well.

Captain Dave replaced Slivka with a minute or so to go. Dave who scored the winning goal as he he captained Hibernian to win the Scottish Cup in 2016 was welcomed by the Hibs fans as a hero, well of course, that is because he is. Vykintas Slivkais is quickly becoming one too.

Neil Lennon noised the dafties up, he also lead us to another great 3-2 win against the new club.They hate him, we love him. He has brought steel, skill and a different level of quality to our club. Neil is a winner, he has made Hibernian winners. There really is only one Neil Lennon. I hope he enjoys his evening, he has earned it. Thank you.

The Huns, well they are $#@!e, ohhh The Rangers are $#@!e, they're $#@!ing $#@!e. Kenny Miller is the only player who actually looks a player. The traitor Jack let them down, Dorran's is poor, the staff from Nando's did little of note and their fans remain the biggest bunch of sectarian scumbag filth I have ever witnessed. They also let their old club die, which is shameful.

I thought the referee was excellent. There. I have said it!! Some niggles around letting the game flow, but sending off a Hun at the Hunnery and booking 6 of them is very brave although he might have sent a couple more off.

The Hibs support were magnificent, but then we know that. Back the team, make noise, dinnae be intimidated. Well done brothers and sisters.

Man of the match, well, Darren, brilliant, Paul, better, Efe, is Efe, Slivkas, a star in the making, Simon, a goal machine. But for me Dylan McGeouch, our metronome, was magnificent, a hard working, skillful Hibs man who loved beating them, he celebrated like us. He wins the ball, sets the pace, rarely loses possesion and simply oozes confidence, a damned good fitba player. Thanks Dylan, I thoroughly enjoyed watching you conquer the Huns, I am sure you enjoyed doing so.

Get along and see this Hibs team if you can, its good, very, very good.

Hibernian Forever!

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report mark .had tae watch a stream to Hun TV , which was pleasing . The UTTER seethe fae the commentators was off the scale !!!!!!!! 😆

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bruce Hornsby, The Range - The Way It Is - YouTube

that's the way it is Mark . Cheers mate.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just home. What a day! Poisonous atmosphere walking into the ground with some Hibees getting attacked by sevcos wearing masks and scarves over their melted faces according to some police I spoke to at the game. I saw some other skirmishes too before the police intervened well and separated the fans as described by 1875. We started the game poorly but from 15 mins we dominated. Should've been 4 or 5-1. Best for us in my view were McGeouch, Murray and Stevenson. Great all round team performance though. The Currants' faces were a sight to behold. They were $#@!ing gutted. This was their revenge day and we $#@!ed them. Again. At their patch. Brilliant 😁

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    I hear they want Neil Lennon jailed lol, one Neil lennon.

He's a bigot according to the hordes on second media - Irony eh.
    Last edited by bigmanandy; 12-08-17 at 22:09.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report, perhaps surpassing Lennon's mockery of their fans. I was afraid that Stokes or Dylan might be sent off as the ref might have felt pressure to level things up, thankfully they didn't. TBH it was a pretty weak red card but much appreciated. Last three games against them scored 10 goals and won them all..can't think of any other period in time we have done that. At 3 different grounds as well

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash

Thumbs up

Thanks 1875, been waiting on this since he game finished managed to watch the 2nd half on Periscope but enjoyed this Just Back just as much, perfect

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks mark
    Great report ;you deserve a wage from hibs,so many fans wait for your honest reports
    GGTTH.we march on.....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy/hibee. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks mark
    Great report ;you deserve a wage from hibs,so many fans wait for your honest reports
    GGTTH.we march on.....

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Me and SKII write these for the fellow Hibs fans that cannae be there. We want nowt but Hibs to win.
    nil satis nisi optimum

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree that Dylan was MOTM today. He had the cigars out all afternoon. As classy a midfield performance you'll ever see.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for a great report as always. Cannae wait tae come up and see this team.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers 18.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report as usual. Just watched goals on you tube and all that was missing was on rangers tv was a wee aw naw.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I keep saying it, wow. No Barts, no Boyler. The first ten minutes we looked unsure, wobbly and lacking confidence. Fast forward to full time, the Hibs end are gutted we didnae step up second half and really put the Huns to the sword. The Huns scored, hit the post and started very well. by mid way through teh first half, we were in control, we never lost that control. Its also why we kept 11 men on teh pitch, control.

So the match build up. Most Hibs fans headed through early, the Hibernian Car Park was full by 2.10. Located next to a wee industrial park and teh Rangers Supporters club, more of that later.

As we walked from the car park to the Hunnery, I have to say the police tactics were pretty decent, they formed a 'gauntlet' for Hibs fans (and the odd oblivious hun) to walk up as massed ranks of Huns stood staring at us from behind the polis. The ICF Old Guard were there looking on at us. I think we won the staring match (FFS).

Once inside, I never saw one Hibs security guard, not one. I did see a wall of police either side of the Hibs support, who stayed there all game. I frankly have a healthy disregard for the Police, I hate the way have been treated at the Hunnery over the years. Today their operation was almost perfect. We pay their wages, they earned them today.

So to the football. The team set out as I suggested last night on the bounce, with Boyler and Barts out injured. Slivka was a surprise starter, but not a surprise payer, he looks like he played for Juventus. Rocky in goal, a back three that started too casually for me and went on to be magnificent, Whitts and Lewis up and down, Dylan the metronome, Jon and Slivka, Stokes sitting quite deep on teh left and Simon Murray being brilliant.

The Huns started with a bunch of dobbers in blue, nae idea who most of them were but they are pretty $#@!e. There fans remain sectarian scumbags.

The 3 5 2 worked after 10 minutes, indeed I felt with a couple of tweaks (Whitts for Gray and Stokes for Matu for me) after an hour, I reckon we would have beaten them by more? One name I have to put out there, Dylan McGeouch.

So to the team....

Rocky was poor at the Huns first goal, as was his three centre halfs. He went on to have a great game without really being tested.

Whitts was fine, he is a good player but looked buggered after an hour, yet played 90 minutes. The Huns dinnae like him much. That makes me like him more.

Darren, like the other ackies started poorly. He went own the Hun attackers, he nailed them time and again. He's a class defender.

Paul too had a wobbly first 10, then he went on to be fantastic, winning headers and tackles whilst playing with the grace and skill he has. Brilliant to have him back.

Efe was wobblier than ever first ten, and lost his man too often at headed set pieces. However he was for 90% of the game, absolutely fantastic.

Lewis is Lewis, he does very little wrong.

I feel when we play Super John on the left, he become John. Today was a case in point, we lose his drives through opposition players. However today was a specific task for John, to nulify a Hun, what we saw was Scotland old in the Hun Dorrans v Scotland new in John, they battled the whole game, John won that battle handsomely.

Vykintas Slivka scored a wonder winning goal, created our second and looked every bit a player we have signed from Juventus.
    I will repeat that, Vykintas Slivka scored a wonder winning goal, created our second and looked every bit a player we have signed from Juventus. I missed the goal as I turned to talk to Fieryjack.
    I have seen it on Bigot TV since, what a goal, what a player! Wow.

Then there was Dylan McGeouch, often not talked about, Dylan disnae even have a proper song in the Hibernian songbook. Sauzee only knows why. Today was the day that Dylan became a Hibs legend. I thought from kick off Dylan was magical, he took total control of that midfield, winning the ball, spraying passes, setting the tempo and looking like the football player he is. I thought he was magic, what a performance. His delight at the end also showed us just what beating the Huns means to him. That was the best performace Dylan has given us. Wow, just simply wow.

Stokesy was made most welcome by the neanderthal derry boys. First half he was giving them a torrid time, he looked pumped up. I thought he tired badly second half and offered little last 20.

Girls might like Simon Murray, me, I love the laddie. Is it wrong to have a man crush on two Hibs players at one time? Simon scored oals, runs and runs and runs and runs, closes down, reads the game like a seasoned pro, has an immaculate first touch. We have replaced Jason without even meaning it!! That is 10 goals now, that is 10 and its no even really mid August. Keep him away from hun hackers, he will get us 30. Ihope he was taken off for the wee injury he got from some hunnish follow through, as I would paly him full game very game, as he is simply brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

The Subs

First of all I feel we waited wayyyyyyyyyy to long, Whitts and Stokesy looked burned, both stayed on??

Swanny for Simon Murray after 80 or so minutes. I didnae agree, I still dinnae, although Danny done well.

Captain Dave replaced Slivka with a minute or so to go. Dave who scored the winning goal as he he captained Hibernian to win the Scottish Cup in 2016 was welcomed by the Hibs fans as a hero, well of course, that is because he is. Vykintas Slivkais quickly becoming one.

Neil Lennon noised the dafties up, he also lead us to another great 3-2 win against the new club.They hate him, we love him. He has brought steel, skill and a different level of quality to our club. Neil is a winner, he has made Hibernian winners. There really is only one Neil Lennon. I hope he enjoys his evening, he has earned it. Thank you.

The Huns, well they are $#@!e, ohhh The Rangers are $#@!e, they're $#@!ing $#@!e. Kenny Miller is the only player who actually looks a player. The traitor Jack let them down, Dorran's is poor, the staff from Nando's did little of note and their fans remain the biggest bunch of sectarian scumbag filth I have ever witnessed. They also let their old club die, which is shameful.

I thought the referee was excellent. There. I have said it!! Some niggles around letting the game flow, but sending off a Hun at the Hunnery and booking 6 of them is very brave although he might have sent a couple more off.

The Hibs support were magnificent, but then we know that. Back the team, make noise, dinnae be intimidated. Well done brothers and sisters.

Man of the match, well, Darren, brilliant, Paul, better, Efe, is Efe, Slivkas, a star in the making, Simon, a goal machine. But for me Dylan McGeouch, our metronome, was magnificent, a hard working, skillful Hibs man who loved beating them, he celebrated like us. He wins teh ball, sets the pace, rarely loses possesion and simly oozes confidence, a damned good fitba player. Thanks Dylan, I thoroughly enjoyed watching you conquer the Huns, I am sure you enjoyed doing so.

Get along and see this Hibs team if you can, its good, very, very good.

Hibernian Forever!
    Great report mate, Slivkais goal was special.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks so much for the brilliant report again Mark. I really appreciate your "just backs" with me not being to see very well, your accurate descriptions are fantastic.
    Simon again worked his socks off!
    We could have easily crumbled after loosing that goal so early on, but we didn't!!!
    Bring on next Saturday. Let's get another big crowd in to Easter Road. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report as always Mark !
    Absolutely brilliant day out !
    For once the police were fine , no probs and although the atmosphere
    Was poisonous I didn't see any problems with rival fans !
    Maybe Leeann and co sorted thing regarding our safety
    Without making a big song and dance of it ?
    Our team is going places, thank you Leeann , thank you George Craig
    But mostly thank you Neil ! Hun slayer extrordinaire 💚💚
    GGTTH

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report..
    Great win today....well done Hibs.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Mark, watched the second half on a stream of hun TV that kept cutting out, my eyes/head still hurts! Have a better appreciation of the game from reading your 'just back' summary! Another immense performance by the sounds of things... and Simon Murray on double figures mid-August!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on as usual mark
    This side is the real deal without doubt

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great summary again, Mark. Appreciated.
    "the deadlock was never going to be long-lasting and when the first goal came it was a gem, a counter-attacking work of art."

Richard Bath, SoS, 27/9/09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Never been to Ibrox, never will be.

fantastic result and tremendous to spoil their "revenge" party. Even their manager, who until only a few days ago seemed balanced and reasonable, has started to turn into a bitter twisted individual who cannot accept that Rangers no longer have the right to beat ANYONE in Scottish football.

No doubt they will return to challenging Celtic again but that seems years away, long may it continue, it's amusing as well as being very satisfying.

Well done Hibs yesterday, I thought we would beat them, not for any reasons other than we are a better team than them right now and because Neil Lennon is our manager.

Early days so so it's important to keep our feet on the ground but a win at Ibrox is, and always will be, something to celebrate and rejoice in.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on Mark.
    What a day, like the team our fans were brilliant, compared to 50,000 boring fuds... great atmosphere great team.
    I agree re Dylan, said that at the game, he totally controlled the middle of the park, brilliant performance.
    Ggtth
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    vCash
    I've watched the highlights a few times now and Slivka's goal was an absolute cracker, great technique and great finish and well picked out by Louis
    Newtown where everybody goes around sniffing televisina or taking footbalina

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    631 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thank $#@! we won. My work is full of them. 10 staff 8 huns. Walked in at 9pm with a wee grin and everyone looking at me hoping I wouldn't start.

GoGO Back To Forum