Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and it gets better and better......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and it gets better and better......

Well, what can I say? Had Hibs gotten into top gear, that might have been a mauling! Some tweaks to the team, Paul rested, Daz back in, Whitts rested, Sir David back in, Porteous in for Barts in a back three, Stokesy for Boyler et viola.

Fluid, fast, crisp move after move, Neil Lennon's Hibernian are joy to behold! Hibernian playing fitba the Hibernian way, ye cannae beat it. This super fit, skillful, hard as nails team really are looking good, the best bit being they never even tried to kick on, they simply dismantled a reasonable Err team. I even agree with $#@!einyurshoe McCall, for 10-15 minutes of the second half Err dominated. Efe was doing his hair, Big Porteous was squeezing his plooks, John was finishing his chicken and Guinness, Darren was practising his YLT signs and Stokes and Murray were trying to identify the smell of burning. When we started trying a bit, we pumped them sair.

I will go through the players in a moment, but I have to say I thought John McGinn, Simon Murray and Anthony Stokes were excellent as was the tireless McGeouch. The three centre halves and keeper were slack at times, but we look very, very solid through out the team. If you have not been along to see them, do so.

The Team

Rocky had a couple of wee boobs tonight, but nothing that cost a goal. Possibly caused in part by boredom!

David Gray, Club Captain and winning goal scorer on the 21st of May 2016 Scottish Cup final win had a good, attacking game and apeared to enjoy himself.

Darren McGregor was a class defender. He never gives the ball away, well very much.

Efe had a couple of Efe moments as Efe does. He also cleaned up and played fitba all night capped by a fine goal from a few yards out followed by a celebratory back flip forward and perfectly executed forward roll to collect the 10 points for all the judges.

Ryan Porteous plays like Paul Hanlon, runs like Paul Hanlon, looks like Paul Hanlon, supports the Hibs like Paul Hanlon and is as capable. What a find.

Lewis again played well in a more attacking, roving role. Liked well with McGinn, McGouch and Swanson.

John McGinn was simply Super I hear he has been doing weights all summer, by Sauzee it looks it. He now looks like a big, strong, highly skilled English Premiership midfielder. Awww FFS.................His passing was magnificent, at least ten inch perfect 20-30 yard passes to the excellent feet of Murray, Stokes and Gray. John was absolutely unplayable tonight.

Dylan McGeouch has been somewhat overshadowed by our big name signings recently. I thought he had his best game in a Hibs shirt tonight, very quietly efficient and very very skillful with it.

Then there was Danny Swanson. My son reckons there is no such thing as 'trying too hard'. Maybe not, but Danny tries to do the right thing, its just not quite coming off for him yet. It will.

Stokesy started, Stokesy scored two, Stokesy looked fit, energetic and his passing and all round play was a joy to watch. He and Simon Murray instantly clicked and I cannae wait to watch this pair in action again. The smell of singed grass is still lingering in my nostrils.

Simon Murray is simply fantastic, he scores, he runs and runs and runs, he closes down, his positional play is excellent, his first touch better than most, his awareness is as good as any Hibs player I can remember since the heady days of Franck and Russell. Then there is the natural and instand bond between Simon and Tony. That is 9 Simon has scored now, its early August! Wow.

Just imagine if we had decided to up our game tonight.

The Subs

A double substitution with Boyler replacing Murray and Slivka replacing Swanson after an hour or so.

Boyler is like a new signing, he is direct, flips sides and very fast.

Slivka is skillful, graceful and a good football player. Played some lovely, dangerous passes into the box.

Matu replaced McGeouch after 75 minutes, was a real handful and slammed the ball home for his first goal for the club. He then almost scored his second and our sixth with a good header. I reckon he mighy become a cult hero?

Neil Lennon has built a team that are strong, direct, skillful and full of goals. To think they will get better has left me with a smile as wide as the gap between us and those mugs from Gorgie.

Err were ok, 599 noisy fans, that shut up after quickly realising they were lucky they had not been given a real doing. They will do well in their league.

The referee made a couple of strange decisions but was generally ok, which if fine.

7500 Hibs fans in a spartan crowd, the Since 1875 guys done there best to get an atmosphere going with little success. Get along and see this Hibs team people when you can, its worth it.

Man of the Match, well its not easy. Had Simon Murray not been hooked he would, yet again of got it from me, he is simply 'braw' as his wee pal Oor Wullie would say. Stokesy was given it by the match sponsors for his two goals and his all round play, and well deserved it would have been. Dylan was quietly great tonight too. But for me, the best fitba player on that pitch and easily one of the best in Scotland is Super John McGinn. The laddie on that form is simply unplayable. If John McGinn in not part of a top half English Premiership midfield in a years time and is still playing for Hibs, I will be flabergasted.

Brilliant John Boy, brilliant!!!

This Just back is dedicated to the two St Pats lady members I met in the Hibs Club before the game. Enjoy!!

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    vCash
    Completely agree.

Especially about big Matu becoming a cult hero. He is big, a bit cumbersome and will never be silky, but he gives a different kind of presence up front.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Really think with this set of players Ibrox should hold no fear for them. Cannae wait.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Glad I went through there is a big difference to the way we are playing already from last season.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4596 Post(s)
    vCash
    We didn't have to hit top gear tonight. An enjoyable evening and 5 goals. Shame the league cup hasnt whet the appetite of more fans yet. The atmosphere was a bit preseason friendly ish.

Stokes Super and Murray were excellent. I enjoyed watching a bit more Slivka too. I didn't think Porteous was as secure as earlier outings. A while before I think he is Hanlonesque. One for the future.

The Orc Slayer is back. Next stop Mordor...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb result superb entertainment and could have been even more goals. I don't often say this, but bring on the Huns and the Gunts..... It's almost like old times when we used to thump teams like Ayr. There is a physicality (and ruthlessness) I havenie seen in a Hibs team for quite some time. Just think we didn't even have the likes of Hanlon or Whittaker on the park and that's Stokesie not quite fully match fit. Ayr huffed and puffed and I nearly felt sorry for them at one point... nearly!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really think with this set of players Ibrox should hold no fear for them. Cannae wait.

BIG G
    Agreed. Not one will fear it. Prediction?

Hibs were a joy tonight.

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    We are a joy to watch just now and I've never seen as physically an imposing Hibs side since McLeish's team.

Gonna be interesting this Saturday!

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash

BIG G
    It certainly will be the first real acid test of how good we actually are. Won't be an easy game, that's for sure. The Rangers are something of an unknown quantity at the moment, and in Jack and Dorrans they've got a potentially great central pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

Hibs were a joy tonight.
    Having said that, I've just lumped on Hibs 3-1 at 40/1 with Skybet.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    McGinn should be the first name on the Scotland team. He's head and shoulders above most of the current crop of Scotland players. I'd have McGinn in my team all day long over the likes of Scott Brown.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2468 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report Mark, didn't we do well? Bit rough round the edges but Porteous impressed, first time I've seen him. My grand twins met SJM yesterday at a soccer camp and I'd like to think they inspired him to his IMO MOtM performance.
    We are looking good though and the tempo didnae change after the subs. That Err team are/were unbeaten and have scored 15 goals including a win against Killie and we brushed them aside.
    Kick on Hibees

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Skivin cooncil Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1101 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sounds good M. The Blue toon mob may have to get off their collective backsides and see this Hibs side!
    Ever play this game chief?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report M, much appreciated by far-flung hibbies like myself. What a great squad we appear to have assembled. Bring on the Huns! From what I seen of their game on Sunday, defensively, they are as bad as ever and their 'keeper is still a bombscare. Dorrans and Windass looked threatening but confident our defence should have them in their pockets.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash

BIG G

Too right Big G, we will be going into this battle very confident.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report Mark !
    Ended up working so missed this one.
    Sounds like all the players WELL up for it !
    Maybe trying to cement their place for Mordor ??
    Bring em on !!
    GGTTH

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ooh watching this team is such a joy. I really don't think this league knows how good we really are. I can see us absolutely smashing teams this term. We are strong, skilful and fast. Very fast. Great stuff,Lennon. You have built a formidable squad.

Freeloading Admin Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    for me, Simon Murray just keeps getting better with each game. His energy, running on/off the ball, and his passing are excellent. He even has that defensive quality of chasing back to win the ball[in his own half].
    He was my MoM up until he was taken off, which, whilst being understandable, I thought was a bit unfair on him given the performance he had put in. I thought he played better than Stokesy, because of his superb workrate.
    Good to get a look at big Davy, or Lurch might be a better description. Either the shorts were too big or the top was too wee, still to make my mind up.
    Took his goal well, and couldve scored a couple more, especially when Stokes put him clean thru only to slip on the turf with no one near him.

Feeling [quietly]confident for The Hunnery on saturday, if this team can play to its full potential, we are better than them. Nothing can be a foregone against The Huns tho, as sometimes the game can be won by someone not wearing a green or blue jersey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    thanks for the report, us guys that cannae make it as often as we'd like appreciate it.It'll be great gaun tae the Hunnery wi' a team brimmin g wi' confidence. Unfortunately cannae make it up till the motherwell game by which time, hopefully, we'll be sitting pretty at the top o' the league. GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash
    Does anyone remember being at St Johnstone and Latapy and Sauzee ran he show in a 3-0 / 3-1 win? I thought at the time we were on the verge of watching a special team evolve and I have the same feeling right now.

Four changes from the weekend and absolutely no weakening of the team. Really high tempo throughout the game and it must be scary to play against us on that form.

Great strength in depth for the first time in ages - take a bow Neil Lennon and staff

Cannae wait to play that mob at the weekend

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Completely agree Mark, what a team we have! Thanks for the report. One thing I feel I should pick up on

7500 Hibs fans in a spartan crowd,

It felt that way last night...and yet a crowd of over 8k! We were only getting that for league games a couple of seasons ago. I do think it would be great if some of those who will want a ticket for the final should we get there could have made the effort. Cup games in my mind are almost always more exciting than league games and not something I like to miss

On holiday Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and it gets better and better......

Really enjoyed last nights show. I'm deliberately calling it a show due to the entertainment value from Super John McGinn and Dylan in particular. They were weaving some absolute midfield magic last night. The workrate of the top two was great to see with Murray edging Stokes in this department. However, once Tony is up to full speed he will match his partner for sheer effort.

Neil has some selection headaches ahead of Saturday with the squad firing up nicely. A great position to be in!!

Did anyone else think Slivka looks a real player and has bags of potential??

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    McGinn should be the first name on the Scotland team. He's head and shoulders above most of the current crop of Scotland players. I'd have McGinn in my team all day long over the likes of Scott Brown.
    I think comments like the above should be banned from the internet until Aug 31 at 00.01...

Must say, I've also been heartened by Dylan playing 90 minutes - might we get more out of him this season?

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)
    vCash
    Decent crowd on what is a traditionally low turn out round. Always has been.

17 8135 Ayr
    16 7646 QOS
    15 5224 Stranraer
    14 5066 Dumbarton
    13 6431 Stranraer
    11 4936 Berwick
    09 7047 Brechin
    08 6329 Morton
    07 7000 Motherwell
    06 7834 Peterhead
    04 5156 Alloa
    03 5032 Montrose

You have to go all the way back to 1988 for a bigger crowd than last nights. When Alex Miller's Hibs beat Stranraer 4-0 watched by 8170 fans.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Decent crowd on what is a traditionally low turn out round. Always has been.

17 8135 Ayr
    16 7646 QOS
    15 5224 Stranraer
    14 5066 Dumbarton
    13 6431 Stranraer
    11 4936 Berwick
    09 7047 Brechin
    08 6329 Morton
    07 7000 Motherwell
    06 7834 Peterhead
    04 5156 Alloa
    03 5032 Montrose

You have to go all the way back to 1988 for a bigger crowd than last nights. When Alex Miller's Hibs beat Stranraer 4-0 watched by 8170 fans.
    I remember 4:0 v Stranraer as Steve Archibald's (signed from Barcelona) debut game hence the high crowd.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ryan Porteous plays like Paul Hanlon, runs like Paul Hanlon, looks like Paul Hanlon, supports the Hibs like Paul Hanlon and is as capable. What a find.

Thought Ryan had several "iffy" moments, Gave away 4 or 5 10 yard passes into the midfield and we could have been punished. I know he's just a laddie but maybe not ready yet for the bigger games.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Anyone going through on Saturday the threats have already begun so please be prepared as The FAMILY aren't about these days to put these pieces of Scum back in their box.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...game-sold-out/
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    Anyone going through on Saturday the threats have already begun so please be prepared as The FAMILY aren't about these days to put these pieces of Scum back in their box.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...game-sold-out/
    Barely a threat on that thread??? Rarely any trouble from them, by the time we are let out, they are all away back to Belfast, Troon, Harthill and Larkhall.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4596 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Barely a threat on that thread??? Rarely any trouble from them, by the time we are let out, they are all away back to Belfast, Troon, Harthill and Larkhall.
    I thought it was just me?

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    You missed the I hope they get smashed all over Paisley Road West.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Any Hibs fan who walks along there needs a boot up the arse anyway. I didnae miss the PRW comment.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    vCash
    Did you expect them to say they're delighted we're coming?
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Did you expect them to say they're delighted we're coming?
    Many of years going through there nah no really, the polis are just as bad as their scum fans.

After what happened at Hampden they will be choking on doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Hibs fan who walks along there needs a boot up the arse anyway. I didnae miss the PRW comment.
    Not like the good old days eh mate
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Many of years going through there nah no really, the polis are just as bad as their scum fans.

After what happened at Hampden they will be choking on doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Not like the good old days eh mate
    In many ways it is, the Huns dinnae really come near us to this day, we walk right through them. They do go mental during the game, they are easy prey, one 'speak the queens english will you' has their puss filled orange faced heeds exploding in mock rage.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    In many ways it is, the Huns dinnae really come near us to this day, we walk right through them. They do go mental during the game, they are easy prey, one 'speak the queens english will you' has their puss filled orange faced heeds exploding in mock rage.
    Just make sure people film them throwing things in the ground, their security, polis will turn a blind eye to it all as they always do.

$#@!ing hate them and their scum fans.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just make sure people film them throwing things in the ground, their security, polis will turn a blind eye to it all as they always do.

$#@!ing hate them and their scum fans.
    Sad to day, I don't think anyone would do anything about it anyway. If I recall correctly, on the last visit even our own club's reaction to our fans receiving various abuse in the ground was lamentable.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4596 Post(s)
    vCash
    Orcs 4-0 up already against Pars. They are going to be $#@! sure on Saturday

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Orcs 4-0 up already against Pars. They are going to be $#@! sure on Saturday
    And the MSM are going to be all excited thinking their club are back....

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4596 Post(s)
    vCash
    And the MSM are going to be all excited thinking their club are back....
    Aren't they just. 6-0 now. Hearts must be keech

Freeloading Admin Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    some are more interested in having a go at each other, at least two Huns spitting dummies at each other and a few slagging them off. Nothing about us that hasnt already been said at previous games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have been impressed by Hibs the last two games. We seem fitter, quicker and more direct.
    We seem to have a solid spine to the team which will be essential as we go through the season.
    To think only a few weeks ago there was real apprehension amongst many fans regarding the squad, it's quality and depth.

Early days but we are shaping up nicely.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3346 Post(s)
    vCash
    I see the Hun skelped Dunfermline 6-0 last night. A real litmus test on Saturday.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    3 nowt to the Hibernians.

GGTTH

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

GoGO Back To Forum