Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    good interview

half a million pounds raised from HSL scheme so far according to LD.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great interview...

I've been banging on for months now about how this club has been changed completely in the last three years and how the whole ethos of the football side of the club has been amended so that the focus is totally on sporting success and engaging with the wider community. The restructuring which took place prior to relegation was many years overdue and the whole project was undoubtedly hindered by our unexpected and disasterous relegation in 2014. Against that backdrop what has been achieved in the three year timescale is unprecedented in my time as a Hibs supporter. Of course, this progress was given a massive boost by our historic Scottish Cup win which demonstrated in quite spectacular style that this club were now winners and knew what it took to be winners.

The recruitment process for players and coaches/managers is totally professional and involves many people behind the scenes. As Leeann said this is also the case with the Youth Academy recruitment and Eddie May has went about his job in a totally focussed way and this is now beginning to reap rewards as we now have four young lads who are seen by the management a being good enough to earn a place in the first team squad for the season ahead. The other thing she mentioned in this interview which is so important is the whole long term approach which the club are now taking. We will have troughs as well as peaks in the years ahead and throughout this coming season, but the big picture will remain the constant expansion and development of the club in all areas. Interesting to hear her speak about the possibility of an indoor facility at East Mains. This will be a massive investment but for me absolutely vital in the clubs continued development. The change at the club has been dramatic. Leeann Dempster is just a part of that change albeit a very important part. There are many others at the club who work incredibly hard and contribute massively to the (hopefully) continuing success story.

Some fellow Hibs fans I speak to worry about what happens when the likes of Leeann Dempster and George Craig, or Neil Lennon, or Graham Mathie leave the club and they worry about this. I'm not worried at all. They are all very good at their jobs, but for me the most important thing is that the structure which has been put in place is there and will be there from now on. We will recruit replacements for these people through the succession process Leeann was talking about as and when we have to and hopefully that is several years away yet. I no longer have any worries or concerns about player or management recruitment as the way that the club has now been restructured means that this will happen in a totally professional and efficient way. We have seen another example of this during the summer in the way the club have recruited and retained the players we need for the season ahead.

We have made significant progress both on and off the park in the last three years, however it seems clear to me that we are only at the beginning of the journey back to where we should be.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 05-08-17 at 00:29.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    there's definitely space for an indoor 11s pitch at east mains which we could do with.

can mind Hibs had some dialogue about giving a big barn or something to the Homeless World Cup Foundation to use as a facility when the training centre opened

Swanson was saying last night at St pats meeting Hearts facilities at Riccarton are not great overall was moaning about having to share the canteen with students every day...
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    714 Post(s)
    vCash
    She has changed this club forever

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just one thing really @Greenmachine and others.

If it when Leeann goes there's no guarantee that the replacement CEO will have the same ethos as her and just as she changed our club for the better a crap CEO could do an equal amount of damage.

Leeann is at the top of the tree. Her guidance will see those under her like George and Eddie replaced like for like and sold on her vision. Who replaces Leeann?

Anyway I'm not to concerned about Leeanns replacement just now. I think she will be with us for a good few years yet.

And to lessen the impact of the above I hope there's time as she leaves for a structured recruitment of her successor and she's involved in it.
    Space to let

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fantastic interview and a fantastic job she is doing. Brilliant

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just one thing really @Greenmachine and others.

If it when Leeann goes there's no guarantee that the replacement CEO will have the same ethos as her and just as she changed our club for the better a crap CEO could do an equal amount of damage.

Leeann is at the top of the tree. Her guidance will see those under her like George and Eddie replaced like for like and sold on her vision. Who replaces Leeann?

Anyway I'm not to concerned about Leeanns replacement just now. I think she will be with us for a good few years yet.

And to lessen the impact of the above I hope there's time as she leaves for a structured recruitment of her successor and she's involved in it.
    Totally get what you are saying here Jack. I don't know, maybe it's because I have always had a personal reluctance in life to place individuals on a pedestal. I see it everywhere...people who have done well in their field are made out to be infallible and can't do anything wrong whereas nobody gets everything right all the time and as human beings everybody has faults and weaknesses. Leeann is very good at her job. She is a focussed and intelligent person and she has been great for our club. Her arrival, and the restructure of the whole footballing set-up three years ago at Hibs was decades overdue but at least it was eventually done and that's the main thing.

I would imagine Leeann is an ambitious person and I think she is first of all ambitious for Hibs as a club to fully maximise it's potential and that is all the fans have wanted in the last 40 odd years or so. One day she will be made an offer from a bigger and wealthier club and she will leave having hopefully completed the job she set out to do with Hibs. The model structure will still be in place though after she goes...and the club having seen the success (hopefully) her tenure as CEO has brought and the way it has re-energised the support, will IMO seek out as similar a person to her as they can find. A person with exactly the same ethos and drive as she has. There are plenty of good CEO's out there. Maybe my naivety is creeping in again, I just feel we have changed so radically now in the right direction as a club that the mistakes of the past will now remain a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 05-08-17 at 11:52.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3761 Post(s)
    vCash
    There will be other people at other clubs doing a solid job on less than we have to offer. Same as when we took Leeann from Motherwell.

I think she's still got a long time here, the only options really are Celtic and Hunco and they're both run differently, she might just stay here. Either way, that's some ways off I think.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb. Difficult to overstate the change she and her team have achieved in the last three years. I was talking to someone the other day and the Fenlon years came up.

Remember when we had 6 or 7k at average games? When Cat A games attracted approximately 14k? We will open today against Partick $#@!ing Thistle, and we are requiring the South Stand to fit Hibs supporters in. I for one feel the importance of having a ST, to ensure I get to big games, and can sit next to my pals in "normal" games. And feeling like that is what drives further sales.

Add to that that I'm really excited about the team, and well - supporting Hibs is $#@!in barry at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    608 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent. Her vision for the club is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    What is not to like about this lady?
    Loyalty points 🇳🇬

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Loyalty points 🇳🇬
    Its the one main miscalculation. Of no doubt.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    313 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Loyalty points 🇳🇬