Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Season Ahead - Your Predictions?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash

The Season Ahead - Your Predictions?

So thankfully at long long last the fitba season is due to start properly and Hibs are back in the top league. It's going to be an interesting season with most clubs feeling that they have improved their squads from last season. Here's my prediction for the league table next season with it being a season of equilibrium for me at Easter Road!

1, Celtic. They'll win it easily. Let's be honest they've pretty much already won it. However, no way will they again go undefeated all season.

2, Hibs. And I'm serious. Neil Lennon has assembled quite possibly the strongest squad I've seen at Easter Road with one or two more to come.... In that squad you could put out two teams that would get top six. My caveats to this prediction would be retaining super John McGinn and getting Anthony Stokes match fit ASAP.

3, Rangers. Despite their shambles last season they finished only 9 points behind Aberdeen and you've got to think they'll improve on last season? Of course nothing would make me happier being completely wrong and see them hit a brick wall.

4, Aberdeen. I just can't see them maintaining their admirable consistency we've witnessed in recent years. Yes they've recruited well in GMS and Christie but they've lost their best player to Celtic.

5, Hearts. They shouldn't be any lower than this and if they do what they should do they won't be. They should appoint a proper manager and dispense of Levein. However, Levein is going nowhere and appears intent on retaining the current structure of organ grinder and monkey so this prediction of 5th is hopefully spectacularly optimistic....

6, Kikmarnock. Looks like to me they've recruited well with experienced additions such as Chris Burke, Kirk Broadfoot and the impressive Lee Erwin. Kikmarnock have struggled in recent years but I think their appointment of Lee McCulloch as manager looks a shrewd one based on how well he did as temporary manager last season.

7, Ross County. I always think the highland clubs historically over achieve because it's never easy for away teams to visit. Another club with a decent management team.

8, St Johnstone. Tommy Wright has performed miracles at this club. Top six consistently on a meagre budget. Surely it can't be sustained? I don't think it will be.

9, Dundee. Neil McCann left his well paid SKY Sports Scotland (their coverage of Scottish fitba is patronising half hearted $#@!e and nowhere near as good as BT Sports) to take on the role. Scott Allan is a very shrewd signing (I feared he'd end up at Hearts) and they have a pacy forward/winger whose name I can't remember who looks the part.

10, Partick Thistle. Did fantastically well last season finishing 6th. However, it was massive over achievement and I just can't see them sustaining that or retaining their impressive manager Archibald for too much longer.

11, Motherwell. Past few seasons they've flirted with danger and I can't see them retaining the impressive Moult. Minus his goals they'll struggle further.

12, Hamilton. A miracle with their attendances that they are in this league. It's not sustainable and in my opinion them replaced by Dundee United in 12 months time will be good for Scottish fitba.

And aye I've got too much time on my hands.

Oh nearly forgot....

Scottish League Cup Hibs.
    Scottish Cup Hibs.

GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1 - celtic
    2 - aberdeen - used to the position now...makes it easier to re-achieve
    3 - hibs
    4 - rangers
    5 - st johnstone - habitually top 6
    6 - ross county - dingwall will be a tough place to go this season
    7 - hearts - too much turmoil - Lafferty will get enough goals to ensure relegation aint happening
    8 - partick
    9 - motherwell
    10 -dundee
    11- killie
    12 - hamilton
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    7th and the League Cup.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    1/ Celtic: Just too strong both on the pitch and off it for this league. They also have a winning mentality that no other club can match.

2/ The Rangers: Despite their humiliation in Europe I think they will be a much better side next season. They have to be or Caixinha will be out.

3/ Aberdeen: Lost a few of their better players but have recruited quite well on paper helped by a big outside investment. I don't think they will be as good as recent seasons and will probably start to regress a bit. Keeping McInness was vital although like Tony Mowbray, I think it was just delaying the inevitable.

4/ St Johnstone: Excellent well run club with a very good manager who has his team playing to their strengths and knows how to get results in this league. I think they will have another good season and improve on last seasons finish.

5/ Hibs: A strong squad on paper with several new players brought in by Neil Lennon. This will be his team this season and much depends on how the new players blend in and also of course how we cope with the inevitable injuries to key players. A top six place will be a decent finish in our first season back after three years as a Championship team. It's not my ambition though....I want Hibs to win the league. It is however my realistic expectation that a top 6 place is as good as we will get.

6/ Hearts: If they get a proper manager in they should finish top six again. I do think with the stand rebuild costs and the unrealistic expectations of their fans it could be another fraught season for them.

7/ Ross County: Well run club with an excellent manager. It's between them and Partick Thistle for seventh spot for me and I have went for Ross County.

8/ Partick Thistle: Done brilliantly to finish sixth last season their highest finish for many years. They have IMO an excellent manager in Alan Archibald someone whom I would like Hibs to consider when Lennon eventually leaves. They are good solid SPL team and will provide tough opposition for Hibs in Saturday's league opener.

9/ Kilmarnock: Lee McCulloch is a good appointment as manager but they always seem to be struggling. Their new players should help them a bit but I can't see any higher than ninth.

10/ Dundee: McCann is a rookie manager, but they have brought in some good players and have a good enthusiastic support. Still think they will struggle though.

11/ Motherwell: Really think Motherwell will find it tough next season.

12/ Hamilton: Have done well to have had four seasons in a row in the top flight but the reality is they are Championship club in all but name. I think 2017/18 will be their last in the top flight for some time to come.

Trophies: Hope we win one obviously, but I can see another treble for Celtic.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 03-08-17 at 16:33.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs will finish 3rd. Semi Finalists in both comps.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)
    vCash
    3rd and SC

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    481 Post(s)
    vCash
    2nd and both cups. Pray for my liver.
    GGTTH

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    I definitely see Hibs as a top four side next season. Depending on who's firing between Aberdeen and The Rangers I could see Hibs challenging for third spot. Second position isn't out of the question by any means but Hibs will have to get off to a flying start and keep some momentum to do that. If Stokes had been match fit I'd be a bit more confident of that happening.

I can definitely see a good couple of cup runs for the team and maybe a shot at a final. There are plenty of players around the squad who have recent experience of knowing what it takes to get through cup-ties. There also looks to now be a fair amount of fire power in the squad which is always important in one-off cup games.

I believe that it will be another year of growth and enhancement for Hibs as a club - both on and off the pitch. Another step on from the recovery that has taken place over the past three years.

The club is heading in the right direction, onwards and upwards.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    1- Celtc
    2- Sheep
    3- Huns
    4- Hibernian FC
    5- Gunts
    6- Dundee
    7- St Johnstone
    8- Partick
    9- Killie
    10- Murderwell
    11- Hamilton

I've put a tenner on Hibs doing a Leicester and winning the league, though - 500/1 with SkyBet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    1. Celtic
    2. Aberdeen
    3. Rangers
    4. Hibs
    5. Hearts (depending on who they appoint, they might switch places with us)
    6. Partick
    7. St Johnstone
    8. Dundee
    9. Ross County
    10. Motherwell
    11. Kilmarnock
    12. Hamiltom

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    vCash
    Celtic
    The Rangers
    Aberdeen
    Hibernian
    Kilmarnock
    Hearts
    Motherwell
    Dundee
    St. Johnstone
    Partick Thistle
    Ross County
    Hamilton
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    vCash
    You know how everyone is, well, bouncing? Imagine having the feeling twice over. For Hibernian, read Sheffield United. And the biggest thing for me, neither club has arrived, both are only getting started on punching their weight at last.

GGTTH/COYRAWW

In terms of predictions - come May I'll probably be fatter, definately poorer and possibly divorced if the season(s) go half as well as they might.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash
    At start of July I put £20 on Hibs to win the league at 100/1. Sticking with that. I'm delusional but who gives a $#@!. Its pre season and I'd only have spent it on booze. Mind you, no one rated Leicester...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5705 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibernian will win the league, I care nothing for the others. I hope the Huns get relegated and the gunts struggle though.
    nil satis nisi optimum

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1634 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs to narrowly win the League. Win 3-0 every game.

GGTTH

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs to narrowly win the League. Win 3-0 every game.

GGTTH

BIG G
    We'll scoosh the league if we win 3-0 every game

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs to finish above The Rangers and the gunts. I feel quietly confident we will be third. GGTTH
    Charlie don't surf !

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    If Aberdeen qualify for the European league I can see us finishing second. The Huns and mini Huns don't worry me so much. Think the Europa league and domestic will be too much for the Dons. If not third or forth is definitely in reach. Out with the Celtic I don't see another team with the spine we have, Rocky, McGregor/Ambrose, SJM and Stokes.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Second top and both cups.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1667 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibernian will win the league, I care nothing for the others. I hope the Huns get relegated and the gunts struggle though.
    You're being too kind to the Huns. I'd rather they went bust totally and completely with no Lazarus style comeback and all their sub human fans fukked off to either Belfast or England forever.

Other than that I like it
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    Here’s how I see it.

1. Celtic: They’re still the best side in the league by distances, and that won’t change over the season.
    2. Aberdeen: Consistent, hard to beat, and with match-winners. They’re used to the spot nowadays.
    3. Hibernian: Strong squad with competition in all places, and match-winners. Strong season ahead.
    4. “Rangers”: Will take time to gel, but there’s pedigree. Financial woes to reappear and have an impact.
    5. St. Johnstone: Excellent manager, who organises his team well. No longer “feels” like a small club.
    6. Kilmarnock: Lee McCulloch will do a good job, and there’s a match-winner in Chris Burke. Solid.
    7. Dundee: Scott Allan is a scumbag, but he’s a match-winner and McCann will organise them. Big club.
    8. Ross County: Their financial limitations will catch up with them, but Dingwall is a tough place to go.
    9. Hearts: Upheaval will cause a slow start, and pressure will build. Limited quality, but teams below worse.
    10. Motherwell: Moult will likely depart, with no quality across the pitch otherwise. Should struggle.
    11. Partick Thistle: It’s a team that lacks quality, and can be too easy to beat sometimes. May go down.
    12. Hamilton: Poor crowds, poor management, and poor team. Can’t see them avoiding the drop.

Hibs and Celtic will contest the League Cup, with Celtic securing the first part of their domestic double. Aberdeen will lift the Scottish Cup, with McInnes considering it his last gift to the Dons fans.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think we'll come fourth or fifth with Hearts sixth or seventh. Celtic will obviously win it.

Have a feeling we'll nab one of SC or LC. The team has a bit of a feel of a 'cup-type' side at the moment. Which is no bad thing at all.
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just before the season starts is a funny time as I either go from one extreme to the next thinking we are better than we think or worse than we think....

In all honesty though I can't remember thinking we are so much better than we think since the start of season 2000-2001.

With this squad keeping McGinn and getting Stokes match fit we are going to do very very well and I concur with winning league predictions....

We should fear nobody and this isn't a democracy this is a dictatorship Neil Lennon will be individually and collectively getting into the players heads exactly that.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    We should be aiming for 6th at least, 4th would be a great achievement and consolidation of a good first season back in the SPL.

Its going to be a very competitive league this year, I am looking forward to watching teams having a go at us, There is a real sense of anticipation amongst the fans now, exciting times to be a Hibee.

A cup final appearance/ win is not unreasonable either .

GoGO Back To Forum