Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and I am quietly confident....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5553 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and I am quietly confident....

Of what you may ask? Well, its simple, I am quietly confident that Neil Lennon and the backroom support team are shaping a damned fine squad and a damned fine fitba team. A blend of yoof and experience, who never looked in trouble today in the bucketing rain, again in front of as large a Hibs support as I have seen at Alloa. In Rocky we have an assured goalie, backed up with a excellent number 2 in Laidlaw, we have a choice of 8 excellent defenders who slot in seamlessly, we have skill, strength, power and guile in midfield and goals in attack.

The game itself saw the other two Hibs Murray's, Fraser and Simon shine, both in their play, movement and goals, Marv was solid, Boyler showed the pace and today some of the passes that will win us games. Paul Hanlon returned to rousing applause and then the joy of our two Leithuanians, just wait until you see Slivka, wow. And wait until you see the size of Matu, 6 foot 3 inches of muscle, with the running style of Garry O.

Alloa offered little, indeed that idiot savant Gollum and Mother Nature had more effect on the game than the Wasps. Hibs however, well we strolled it, indeed one or two of the players probably should have given more. If the don't, we have the quality in depth in defence and midfield to replace them.

The Team

Rocky had little to do, when he had to, he made the saves that he is paid to make.

Whitts, I thought looked out of sorts, too many short passes, a lack of match practice probably.

Darren, well, he never gives the ball away. Darren plays for Hibs in the way any Hibs daft fan would. Darren captained the team at kick off I think?

Efe was Efe, graceful, skillful, classy, with the odd wee "EfeError".

Lewis had a pretty poor start to the game as he got used of the artificial pitch, but had a better second half.

Marv was solid, solid as a rock. I thought he was very good today.

John McGinn was good but not Super. He is Super though and John having an average game is still a very good watch. Blasted a couple over.

Dylan drifted in and out of the game. I wouldnae have played McGeouch today, that pitch won't do his potential groin issues any good, I would have rested him.

Boyler today showed more pace and guile, with a couple of cracking balls playing out wide right first 70 minutes, and was even better on the right last twenty. Playing like that he will give the big huddies in the top leagues nightmares.

Fraser Murray was lovely to watch, scored one, set one up and the laddie looks like a star. Playing again in the hole between midfield and his namesake Simon. Once he has sussed out the diet regime Super John has been on over the summer, Fraser will be unstoppable. I am delighted the youth set up Hibs reinvented after relegation is now showing the fruits of their efforts. Fraser looks the real deal.

Simon Murray, well in this laddie, who has a duracell battery in his engine, is a fantastic gamble for the club. Seven goals already, its not just that he is in the right place at the right time, its down to his desire, hard work, and importantly his very good reading of the game that gets his goals. His header for his second was very, very clever. His duracell battery must have come from the watch Hibs have won when we signed this kid. I really enjoy watching his movement, very intelligent and so, so hard working.

The Subs (and it gets better!).

Sevently minutes gone and Darren gives way to return of oor Paul, who immediately pulled on the captains armband. Efe switched to the right, Paul slotted in as if he had never been away. Welcome back Paul.

At the same time, Dylan gave way to the first of our Leithuanians, Vykintas Slivka. Wow, this laddie looks a player and really does look like a player Hibernian have just signed from Juventus. I will repeat that, this laddie looks a player and really does look like a player Hibernian have just signed from Juventus. He had the big, drookit Hibs support ooing and ahhing. I cannae wait for this laddie to fit in, as I said, wow. Boyler moved over to the left, Slivka then tortured the Alloa players on the right side of midfield. Wow, just wow.

Ten minutes to go, the excellent Fraser Murray came off for "Matu" Matulevicius, all 6'3" of a giant. Tall, strapping, who runs like Garry O. He will be difficult to mark, I tell you, the guy is a fit, athletic specimen.

I thought Hibs got it pretty much right today, truth be told, 50 minutes of the game were not great as Alloa and Gollum done everything to stop Hibs playing, but the first and last 20 minutes were very, very entertaining and in the Frasers and our our Leithuanians, we have some cracking new players. Professionally done Lenny and Co.

Willie Gollum was hapless, booking Slivka for a nothing challenge amongst a number of stupid officious and often wrong decisions by the ugly wee scrote. Hapless.

Alloa were not to good I am pleased to say. There daft wee group of 20 fans signing Hearts songs, well it says it all.

The Hibernian support turned out in large numbers, given it was tropical storm 'Boaby' in Clackmannanshire today. The gazebo was hoachin with soaking wet but happy Hibby's.

Man of the match, well we saw a very good performance from Boyler, Barts was big, strong and tough, tough, tough, Simon Fraser is great to watch and he scores us goals, tap ins and stoatirs, the 20 minute cameo from Slivka was also great to watch, but the 80 minutes young Fraser Murray gave us was a masterclass. This laddie has just turned 18, whilst slight, he is strong, has a lovely touch, and great skill, scoring one and setting up his namesake for another. A worthy man of the match and I cannae wait to see him develop into a star.

Now, what is missing? Probably another goal scorer, otherwise, I really do think the blend of new signings and excellent laddies coming through means we may just have a cracking team to get behind this season. If ye haven't got your season ticket yet, get one. If you can get along to Easter Road, do so, I have a feeling we might just witness something special this year.

Thanks Hibs, I enjoyed that.

Hibernian Forever!

As a footnote, can I also thank those muppets from Gorgie, the laughs had in the car on the way home tonight were brilliant. Keep up the good work Agent Cathro!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4606 Post(s)
    vCash
    Heard Cathro's interview on off the ball on the way back from the game...ooooyah! Also heard a very positive "yes" before following up with a "hopefully" when asked about Stokes joining us next week. It was as positive as he has been.

My MotM was Marvellous Marvin but there were many contenders. Lovely touch from Efe coming over with the wee boy at the end of the game and handing out mair hugs to fans than Jurgen Klopp...

Can't wait for next week
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report @1875. I've not witnessed you enthuse about a player since John McGinn became super. so Slivka must be something special. A good day's work by Hibs finishing top of the league and seemingly a couple of good moves in the transfer market by Lenny and Co.

We lost our penalty shoot out agains Ross Co and the gunts laughed; They're not laughing now.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5553 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

My MotM was Marvellous Marvin but there were many contenders. Lovely touch from Efe coming over with the wee boy at the end of the game and handing out mair hugs to fans than Jurgen Klopp...

Can't wait for next week
    Marv was very good yes. I missed Efe at the end, I was probably paddling the canoe back to the car by then.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2025 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report, Really looking forward to next weeks game now.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can't wait till it properly kicks off on Saturday.

Excellent report again, M. Much appreciated.

👏👏💚💚💚💚💚
    "the deadlock was never going to be long-lasting and when the first goal came it was a gem, a counter-attacking work of art."

Richard Bath, SoS, 27/9/09.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    This usually one of my first ports of call when i'm offshore for the low down on the days game. An excellent report as usual. Can't wait myself now for the start of the season.

GGTTH

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Of what you may ask? Well, its simple, I am quietly confident that Neil Lennon and the backroom support team are shaping a damned fine squad and a damned fine fitba team. A blend of yoof and experience, who never looked in trouble today in the bucketing rain, again in front of as large a Hibs support as I have seen at Alloa. In Rocky we have an assured goalie, backed up with a excellent number 2 in Laidlaw, we have a choice of 8 excellent defenders who slot in seamlessly, we have skill, strength, power and guile in midfield and goals in attack.

The game itself saw the other two Hibs Murray's, Fraser and Simon shine, both in their play, movement and goals, Marv was solid, Boyler showed the pace and today some of the passes that will win us games. Paul Hanlon returned to rousing applause and then the joy of our two Leithuanians, just wait until you see Slivka, wow. And wait until you see the size of Matu, 6 foot 3 inches of muscle, with the running style of Garry O.

Alloa offered little, indeed that idiot savant Gollum and Mother Nature had more effect on the game than the Wasps. Hibs however, well we strolled it, indeed one or two of the players probably should have given more. If the don't, we have the quality in depth in defence and midfield to replace them.

The Team

Rocky had little to do, when he had to, he made the saves that he is paid to make.

Whitts, I thought looked out of sorts, too many short passes, a lack of match practice probably.

Darren, well, he never gives the ball away. Darren plays for Hibs in the way any Hibs daft fan would. Darren captained the team at kick off I think?

Efe was Efe, graceful, skillful, classy, with the odd wee "EfeError".

Lewis had a pretty poor start to the game as he got used of the artificial pitch, but had a better second half.

Marv was solid, solid as a rock. I thought he was very good today.

John McGinn was good but not Super. He is Super though and John having an average game is still a very good watch. Blasted a couple over.

Dylan drifted in and out of the game. I wouldnae have played McGeouch today, that pitch won't do his potential groin issues any good, I would have rested him.

Boyler today showed more pace and guile, with a couple of cracking balls playing out wide right first 70 minutes, and was even better on the right last twenty. Playing like that he will give the big huddies in the top leagues nightmares.

Fraser Murray was lovely to watch, scored one, set one up and the laddie looks like a star. Playing again in the hole between midfield and his namesake Simon. Once he has sussed out the diet regime Super John has been on over the summer, Fraser will be unstoppable. I am delighted the youth set up Hibs reinvented after relegation is now showing the fruits of their efforts. Fraser looks the real deal.

Simon Murray, well in this laddie, who has a duracell battery in his engine, is a fantastic gamble for the club. Seven goals already, its not just that he is in the right place at the right time, its down to his desire, hard work, and importantly his very good reading of the game that gets his goals. His header for his second was very, very clever. His duracell battery must have come from the watch Hibs have won when we signed this kid. I really enjoy watching his movement, very intelligent and so, so hard working.

The Subs (and it gets better!).

Sevently minutes gone and Darren gives way to return of oor Paul, who immediately pulled on the captains armband. Efe switched to the right, Paul slotted in as if he had never been away. Welcome back Paul.

At the same time, Dylan gave way to the first of our Leithuanians, Vykintas Slivka. Wow, this laddie looks a player and really does look like a player Hibernian have just signed from Juventus. I will repeat that, this laddie looks a player and really does look like a player Hibernian have just signed from Juventus. He had the big, drookit Hibs support ooing and ahhing. I cannae wait for this laddie to fit in, as I said, wow. Boyler moved over to the left, Slivka then tortured the Alloa players on the right side of midfield. Wow, just wow.

Ten minutes to go, the excellent Fraser Murray came off for "Matu" Matulevicius, all 6'3" of a giant. Tall, strapping, who runs like Garry O. He will be difficult to mark, I tell you, the guy is a fit, athletic specimen.

I thought Hibs got it pretty much right today, truth be told, 50 minutes of the game were not great as Alloa and Gollum done everything to stop Hibs playing, but the first and last 20 minutes were very, very entertaining and in the Frasers and our our Leithuanians, we have some cracking new players. Professionally done Lenny and Co.

Willie Gollum was hapless, booking Slivka for a nothing challenge amongst a number of stupid officious and often wrong decisions by the ugly wee scrote. Hapless.

Alloa were not to good I am pleased to say. There daft wee group of 20 fans signing Hearts songs, well it says it all.

The Hibernian support turned out in large numbers, given it was tropical storm 'Boaby' in Clackmannanshire today. The gazebo was hoachin with soaking wet but happy Hibby's.

Man of the match, well we saw a very good performance from Boyler, Barts was big, strong and tough, tough, tough, Simon Fraser is great to watch and he scores us goals, tap ins and stoatirs, the 20 minute cameo from Slivka was also great to watch, but the 80 minutes young Fraser Murray gave us was a masterclass. This laddie has just turned 18, whilst slight, he is strong, has a lovely touch, and great skill, scoring one and setting up his namesake for another. A worthy man of the match and I cannae wait to see him develop into a star.

Now, what is missing? Probably another goal scorer, otherwise, I really do think the blend of new signings and excellent laddies coming through means we may just have a cracking team to get behind this season. If ye haven't got your season ticket yet, get one. If you can get along to Easter Road, do so, I have a feeling we might just witness something special this year.

Thanks Hibs, I enjoyed that.

Hibernian Forever!

As a footnote, can I also thank those muppets from Gorgie, the laughs had in the car on the way home tonight were brilliant. Keep up the good work Agent Cathro!
    I am sorry I missed this game due to lack of funds,I see that Simon scored another headed goal.Am I right in thinking that Hibs have scored more headed goals in the run up to the new season than they scored in the whole of last season? If it's true then I am delighted, because I like a center that can head a ball,I remember with great fondness the great Alan Gordon.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    vCash
    Liking that report cheers, especially on our new Lithuanian midfielder and the Two Murrays. That's all the preamble over now (bar the last piece of the striking jigsaw...)

Hoping for 6 points from our first 2 matches against the lesser Weegies, both of them despatched with style. Then I'll feel we're ready to have a proper crack at the top of the table.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great read. Really looking forward to this season!

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fair enjoyed myself today.
    Fraser Murray really impressed me,Simon Murray looks a handful for defences and will have a decent goals tally.
    Ambrose and McGregor look a really good pairing and we look to be a strong pyhsical team matched with skill.
    Silvkas looks a real find and I'm really positive we will do well this season.
    Never really done the whole autograph/selfie thing before but my laddie wanted to meet some players and I have to say they all took time to have a wee chat with him,even if SJM slagged me for having my phone camera the wrong way round and they really made his day.
    Loved Effie and the wee laddie at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Marv was very good yes. I missed Efe at the end, I was probably paddling the canoe back to the car by then.
    Cannae upload the photo but the wee boy ran on the park and Effe brought him.back to his dad.The wee biynwas giggling his head off at whatever Effe was saying to him.
    Effe seems like good.guy and got a row from the fitness coach before the game for signing autographs when he should have been warming up

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    really appreciate these reports,thanks. dare i say things are looking positive for this season. GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    vCash
    No mention of the "pie on a roll", arguably the star of the show!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5553 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeshibs View Post
    No mention of the "pie on a roll", arguably the star of the show!
    It was so wet I never left the Gazebo the whole game.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1781 Post(s)
    vCash
    thanks for the report

only made it to Dingwall and Arbroath at home out of the four League cup ties this summer, quite optimistic after what I saw just a pity we don't have the usual August derby.
    until the sky turns green

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    @1875 have you seen that kickback.net have started their own version of "just back"?not a patch on the original

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4606 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braehead Cabbage View Post
    @1875 have you seen that kickback.net have started their own version of "just back"?not a patch on the original

I had heard John Campbell had resurrected "This is how it feels" from MHHM fanzine days. They used to be good reads. Been a long time since he did those previously ...

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    vCash
    I had heard John Campbell had resurrected "This is how it feels" from MHHM fanzine days. They used to be good reads. Been a long time since he did those previously ...
    Indeed. It's a shame t'internet killed the fanzine.
    GGTTH

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5553 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braehead Cabbage View Post
    Nope, I only read the bounce. Will send them a bill for copyright.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was my favourite part of the fanzine.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4606 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Was my favourite part of the fanzine.
    It's a shame the internet killed the fanzine. The reality is that nothing online has filled that gap and a lot of good Hibs writing has been lost in the process. I'm glad for those who use dotnet that a bit of Hibs fan culture has been resurrected.

GoGO Back To Forum