This Post Boiled This Post Boiled:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 251

Thread: Gunts.

  1. #201
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that left over carpet from the function suite she’s wearing?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sterling Tillicoutry style
    until the sky turns green

  2. #202
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    who gave the gunts 2.5M - anyone "in the know"
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  3. #203
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who gave the gunts 2.5M - anyone "in the know"
    Earl of Roseberry I'd imagine.

  4. #204
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Earl of Roseberry I'd imagine.
    serious or joke?
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  5. #205
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    serious or joke?
    Serious. Long standing financial backers of the tramps.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Their away shirt last season? was a tribute to their family

    earl of rosebery heart of midlothian - Google Search

  6. #206
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Earl of Roseberry I'd imagine.
    Decent shout but I reckon almost all their money is tied up. Although they made around £30m selling a painting so they could do up their house a few years ago the fact they had to sell it suggests to me not too much cash sitting about to waste on the gunts.

    My theory is not a single benefactor but I group of them, I think I've suggested as much on here before. The Earl of Roseberry may well lead or at least be part of the consortium.

    I suppose time will tell if the stand is named The Earl of Roseberry Stand or the Budgie Stand :-)
    Space to let

  7. #207
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Decent shout but I reckon almost all their money is tied up. Although they made around £30m selling a painting so they could do up their house a few years ago the fact they had to sell it suggests to me not too much cash sitting about to waste on the gunts.

    My theory is not a single benefactor but I group of them, I think I've suggested as much on here before. The Earl of Roseberry may well lead or at least be part of the consortium.

    I suppose time will tell if the stand is named The Earl of Roseberry Stand or the Budgie Stand :-)
    I expect they were obliged to punt something to show good faith before various bodies came forward with the cash for the house renovations, or at least a hefty wedge of it. No chance they funded it entirely themselves by punting that painting, these folk just don't operate that way.

    The strip being in his family colours pretty much nails it down him being a big contributor- and their honorary president it would seem too.

  8. #208
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    2.5M = edinburgh city council.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  9. #209
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6672 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2.5M = edinburgh city council.
    Are you saying you think the Council gave them 2.5 mill? Do you have any evidence of that because if they did [and it seems unlikely] that would cause a $#@! storm.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  10. #210
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying you think the Council gave them 2.5 mill? Do you have any evidence of that because if they did [and it seems unlikely] that would cause a $#@! storm.
    Nah just stirring - does show how anonymous donations aren't healthy though... i could see the council throwing money at them - they have in the past (and maybe still do) hire empty space under tynecastle stands for storage at ridiculous rates.

    the council did entertain the idea of 25K all seater "athletics arena" in the west of the city too...

    but 2.5M is a step to far.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  11. #211
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    I think the £2.5 Million came from Budge.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  12. #212
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Fire alarm went off just over half an hour ago at tiny tinie. Everybody oot the new stand [and maybe others]. Turnstiles reopened a few minutes ago and kick-off delayed until 3.15.

    What a fecking shambles of a club.

  13. #213
    Skivin cooncil Radge
    greencol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    peterhead
    Posts
    7,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    405
    Hertz ......1 shot on target.

    They did win the foul count though. 21 fouls.

    Some things never change.
    Ever play this game chief?

  14. #214
    I Was There And Went Radge


    Sauzee's Teeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    884 Post(s)
    vCash
    13392
    Rep Power
    621
    Their $#@! ugly assistant manager rolling about the floor with Hamilton’s Darian MacKinnon is something you didn’t think you’d see today.

    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

  15. #215
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6672 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by greencol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hertz ......1 shot on target.

    They did win the foul count though. 21 fouls.

    Some things never change.
    I'm watching their game on ALBA and it seems that every gunt player has a penchant for giving the opposition wee digs at any opportunity. Little elbows in the coupon or sly kicks at players. They are horrible to watch. In truth the ref could have issued more cards to them.

    Looking forward to the rammy between chewbacca and the Hamilton player.

    PS. Another bumper crowd today for the big team
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  16. #216
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    So now the stand is finished what exactly is the total capacity of that tin pot stadium.

  17. #217
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So now the stand is finished what exactly is the total capacity of that tin pot stadium.
    It's far from being finished ST.

    The infamous police box is being sorted out so the 200 behind it can see more, not all, the pitch because of said box and the pylon that holds up the second-hand truss.

    At the other end of the stand they're building a TV studio, through the pylon, so that will mean at least a few going and a few more restricted view seats.

    I think they still have a tunnel in the other stand. When they get that back to seating they should get a few more.

    AllisBarry is still going on about over 20k in the EEN, other announcements mention "around" 20k.

    I'm sure someone has done a FoI for the official safety certificate but no reply as far as I'm aware.

    Some dotcounters on dotnet and keeckback go as low as 18,750. I don't think anyone had found anything over 19,850.

    At the end of the day when it's all done they might scrape 20k but the number of restricted view seats will be quite large given how modern the stadium is.
    Space to let

  18. #218
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658




    stupid boy - wanting to be edgy and fell on the wrong side of opinion.

    i can see how folk'll say it is naivety but with every single costume he could pick - he CHOSE that one....
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  19. #219
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Black as Cole...

  20. #220
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Friday
    19:45 Dundee 1-0 Aberdeen

    Saturday
    15:00 Hamilton Accies 0-0 St Johnstone
    15:00 Hearts 0-4 Motherwell
    15:00 Kilmarnock 2-0 Partick Thistle
    15:00 Rangers 0-1 Ross County

    that set of results puts hertz in the play off spot...Levein must stay
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  21. #221
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts PR manager : “We’ve had consistently bad press recently, our form is the worst in the league... don’t do anything to attract media attention or annoy the fans on the xmas night out.”
    Cole Stockton : “Hmmm... think I’ll black up.” pic.twitter.com/jYwDx6pgDG
    — Brian Pickering (@bampotto) December 3, 2017
    stupid boy - wanting to be edgy and fell on the wrong side of opinion.i can see how folk'll say it is naivety but with every single costume he could pick - he CHOSE that one....
    What's the problem? The lad wanted to dress up as Mr T, who's he actually offending?

  22. #222
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the problem? The lad wanted to dress up as Mr T, who's he actually offending?
    I agree don’t see anything wrong with this, IMO another case of where the world is too PC now a days

  23. #223
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree don’t see anything wrong with this, IMO another case of where the world is too PC now a days
    Changed days now - for better or worse.

    My folks used to absolutely love the Black and White Minstrel Show where their favourite singer was a 'blacked up' John Boulter. Light entertainment, with a bit of comedy tromboning thrown in by the late great jazz player George Chisholm. A less racist couple than my folks would be hard to find.
    Yet the B&M Minstrels can no longer be shown on television.

    If my old man was told he was a racist he'd be black affronted.

  24. #224
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Fancy dress in general is offensive I think,and I find white guys blacking up pretty weird- and with what folk now know about how minorities find it a touch offensive a degree of awareness shouldn't be that hard to find.

    Isn't there one single white fancy dress costume that he couldn't think of? Is part of the banter pretending to be a black person? Does that add another layer of comedy?

    I reckon anyone nowadays who 'blacks up' is either ignorant/a wee bit racist/both.

  25. #225
    Radge Donator



    DarrenSQH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Queensferry/ East Craigs
    Posts
    5,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fancy dress in general is offensive I think,and I find white guys blacking up pretty weird- and with what folk now know about how minorities find it a touch offensive a degree of awareness shouldn't be that hard to find.

    Isn't there one single white fancy dress costume that he couldn't think of? Is part of the banter pretending to be a black person? Does that add another layer of comedy?

    I reckon anyone nowadays who 'blacks up' is either ignorant/a wee bit racist/both.
    Agree with this.

    Im shocked at the amount of people that think its ok.

  26. #226
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    368
    Dressing up as a black person could certainly be considered racist and/or offensive in certain circumstances but I don't really see that dressing as another race is necessarily racist. It'd be a pretty $#@! costume if he was a white Mr T.

    If people are only allowed to dress up as people of their own race, isn't that also racial discrimination? For me it's about the intent and how the costume is perceived. If you like Mr T and want to do a respectfully accurate Mr T costume which isn't exaggerating stereotype racial features, I can't really see the problem.

    That said, a blanket rule of "white people, don't black up" is probably easier than trying to get fancy dress types to understand the nuance. And the world wouldn't be missing out on much if that Mr T costume had never been worn.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  27. #227
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    I'm sure had a black player dressed up as Freddy Krueger it wouldn't even be a story. This PC world has gone mad.

  28. #228
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    111
    I personally widnae be offended if a black guy "whited" up a la Eddie Murphy. I honestly think too many folk get offended if they cannae find anything tae be offended aboot. PC gawn mental right enough

  29. #229
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5705 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fancy dress in general is offensive I think,and I find white guys blacking up pretty weird- and with what folk now know about how minorities find it a touch offensive a degree of awareness shouldn't be that hard to find.

    Isn't there one single white fancy dress costume that he couldn't think of? Is part of the banter pretending to be a black person? Does that add another layer of comedy?

    I reckon anyone nowadays who 'blacks up' is either ignorant/a wee bit racist/both.
    I am with you M.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  30. #230
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396

  31. #231
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure had a black player dressed up as Freddy Krueger it wouldn't even be a story. This PC world has gone mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by paigntonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally widnae be offended if a black guy "whited" up a la Eddie Murphy. I honestly think too many folk get offended if they cannae find anything tae be offended aboot. PC gawn mental right enough
    Not sure equating black folk doing the opposite is really a valid comparison, given the total $#@!ing misery inflicted on black people for the last 300 odd years by white folk.

    How anyone can conjure up that comparison is mind bending, and totally ignoring history.

  32. #232
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure equating black folk doing the opposite is really a valid comparison, given the total $#@!ing misery inflicted on black people for the last 300 odd years by white folk.

    How anyone can conjure up that comparison is mind bending, and totally ignoring history.
    Quite easy. It's a $#@!ing fancy dress party, he dressed up as Mr T FFS, how is that even a big deal. I loved Mr T as a kid, would have dressed up as him in a heartbeat.

  33. #233
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite easy. It's a $#@!ing fancy dress party, he dressed up as Mr T FFS, how is that even a big deal. I loved Mr T as a kid, would have dressed up as him in a heartbeat.
    Knowing your history on various topics, I’m fairly cool with you holding an opposing view to my own.

    Conceding you’d dress up as him as a kid- I’m guess 20+ years ago- is totally different to doing it as a -relatively sensible- adult.

  34. #234
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Both of the management team get off Scot free.

    I can understand the caveman getting off. Although there was fault on both sides I reckon they fell over each other.

    Harry showed contempt and a disregard for the referee and should have been nailed to the badge on their new stand.
    Space to let

  35. #235
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2515 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both of the management team get off Scot free.

    I can understand the caveman getting off. Although there was fault on both sides I reckon they fell over each other.

    Harry showed contempt and a disregard for the referee and should have been nailed to the badge on their new stand.
    If that had been Lennon...


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  36. #236
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure equating black folk doing the opposite is really a valid comparison, given the total $#@!ing misery inflicted on black people for the last 300 odd years by white folk.

    How anyone can conjure up that comparison is mind bending, and totally ignoring history.
    Is it derogatory to black people for a white person to dress as Mr T? Not for me to decide but I don't think it's quite as straightforward as wearing make up to look black = racist.

    If the costume and their circumstances plus the wearer's behaviour does nothing to mock, belittle or otherwise patronise black people or culture the I think you'd have to put it down as, at worst ill-advised rather than racist.

    The sensitivity around 'blacking up' is totally understandable given, as you say, white history of slavery and general $#@!ishness as well as a long history of blacking up being basically a way to further mock black people. However, that still doesn't make the mere act of wearing black make up racist.

    I'm not excusing the gunt as I know nothing about him or what he was up to but I do feel that the truth sits somewhere between the alt-right splutterings of "PC gone mad, what if black people whited-up" and the liberal "blacking up = racism". It's not all black and white. Boom boom
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  37. #237
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2943
    Martin Boyle blacked up at the Hibs do last Christmas. Exactly the same as this scenario but it was a musician like Tupac or similar
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  38. #238
    Radge Private Member
    vasco de gama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it derogatory to black people for a white person to dress as Mr T? Not for me to decide but I don't think it's quite as straightforward as wearing make up to look black = racist.

    If the costume and their circumstances plus the wearer's behaviour does nothing to mock, belittle or otherwise patronise black people or culture the I think you'd have to put it down as, at worst ill-advised rather than racist.

    The sensitivity around 'blacking up' is totally understandable given, as you say, white history of slavery and general $#@!ishness as well as a long history of blacking up being basically a way to further mock black people. However, that still doesn't make the mere act of wearing black make up racist.

    I'm not excusing the gunt as I know nothing about him or what he was up to but I do feel that the truth sits somewhere between the alt-right splutterings of "PC gone mad, what if black people whited-up" and the liberal "blacking up = racism". It's not all black and white. Boom boom
    I've 'blacked up' in the past. Even had me photo in the Evening News and nobody at the time thought anything of it. But that was 20 years ago and now I cringe at the memory and the time I decided to dress as a pimp for a Halloween party and you guessed it - I blacked up again. Same year and I wanted to use up the make up.

    It's really $#@!in obvious why it is inappropriate to blacken up to be a 'pimp'. For a Mr T costume it's harder to see why it's wrong but again I think it is. If the guy thinks the most hilarious thing about Mr T is that he's black then he is obviously a $#@!head. For me, a kid who loved the A Team, what was it about Mr T I thought was cool? It was the bling, the Mohawk and the cut-off shirts or bare chest. That's all the gunt needed to do for the costume. Everyone would have known he was meant to be Mr T without any make-up and hence no controversy. It's like if your daughter wants to dress up as Elena of Avalor do you need to cover her in brown make up or does she just wear a red dress and a tiara, and carry a scepter.

  39. #239
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    407
    Michael Jackson must have been a racist then?

  40. #240
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Jackson must have been a racist then?
    how so?
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  41. #241
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it derogatory to black people for a white person to dress as Mr T? Not for me to decide but I don't think it's quite as straightforward as wearing make up to look black = racist.

    If the costume and their circumstances plus the wearer's behaviour does nothing to mock, belittle or otherwise patronise black people or culture the I think you'd have to put it down as, at worst ill-advised rather than racist.

    The sensitivity around 'blacking up' is totally understandable given, as you say, white history of slavery and general $#@!ishness as well as a long history of blacking up being basically a way to further mock black people. However, that still doesn't make the mere act of wearing black make up racist.

    I'm not excusing the gunt as I know nothing about him or what he was up to but I do feel that the truth sits somewhere between the alt-right splutterings of "PC gone mad, what if black people whited-up" and the liberal "blacking up = racism". It's not all black and white. Boom boom
    If the truth does sit somewhere inbetween the two, it's a damn site closer to = racism I think. Common sense surely dictates that it's at the very least ignorant and insensitive.At the very least.

    I think the genesis of blacking up on stage was to mock black people, so at it's very heart that's the basis of the joke. Ignorant white people laughing at other ignorant white people mock a race of people who've had a fairly rough time of things.

    This is about as close to being acceptable blacking up as possible, and even then, I don't think it's appropriate. But the Zulu doesn't seem offended, so I ask whether I should be? I don't think I am offended, I just think they're arseholes.

    Lewes bonfire 'blacking up' not racist, says Zulu dance troop leader | World news | The Guardian

  42. #242
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how so?
    He dyed himself a different colour.

  43. #243
    Player Sponsor

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the problem? The lad wanted to dress up as Mr T, who's he actually offending?
    A friend of mine summed up the situation as;
    If you do or say something that causes offence to other people but were ignorant of the possibility that this action would cause offence then that is justifiable ignorance.
    If you are aware that your actions might cause offence to some people but still do it then that is just ignorant.
    Anyone ‘blacking up’ these days would fall into the latter category unless their cave was off grid.

  44. #244
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5705 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He dyed himself a different colour.
    I think the real problem was his penchant for shagging kids,
    (allegedly).
    nil satis nisi optimum

  45. #245
    Citrix Technical Radge


    Murky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the real problem was his penchant for shagging kids,
    (allegedly).
    Finally, the thread gets back on to the original topic.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I hate hearts. With a passion.

  46. #246
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He dyed himself a different colour.
    his wives were white

    he had a skin condition

    i don't think he was racist

    are you suggesting anyone who uses fake tan is racist?

    i'm intrigued you think blacking up is OK because someone once changed the colour of his skin 20 to 30 years ago.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  47. #247
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    his wives were white

    he had a skin condition

    i don't think he was racist

    are you suggesting anyone who uses fake tan is racist?

    i'm intrigued you think blacking up is OK because someone once changed the colour of his skin 20 to 30 years ago.
    I don't see much wrong in " blacking up" but I appreciate folk have a different take on it. I went to a "rock star " fancy dress party and went as one my heroes, Bob Marley. I had the Rastas wig and brown paint on. The effect otherwise wouldn't have quite been the same. Whatever I am, I most definitely am not a racist, regardless of what anyone may think, I know what my thoughts are.
    My point with M Jackson , was it appears it ok for some to do it . If you believe MJ had a skin condition , then fair enough , I think he was bleaching himself big time, and I imagine most folk are of the same opinion. His ????? Kids were white!!! , he , in my opinion was the biggest traitor to his race ever, and his other likings were at best questionable . Some races , it would appear are tagged with certain critisicisms , while others are not .
    Someone who uses fake tan, is no more or less a racist than someone who "blacks up" for fancy dress is my take on it .

  48. #248
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Back to the gunts ...

    "Supporters' safety in jeopardy at Tynecastle, say police

    Serious concerns have been raised about the safety of Hearts' new main stand at Tynecastle Park.

    Police Scotland have written to Edinburgh City Council asking for the stand's safety certificate to be re-examined after they identified numerous concerns now that the stadium is in use.

    The concerns centre on crowd safety and movement, leading to the possibility of pitch invasions and a build-up of spectators and tension in several areas."

    Safety concerns raised over Hearts new main stand*

    Some may have seen the letter on social media. It was well written but the content was serious enough for people to doubt it's authenticity! The article above means it's genuine.
    Space to let

  49. #249
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back to the gunts ...

    "Supporters' safety in jeopardy at Tynecastle, say police

    Serious concerns have been raised about the safety of Hearts' new main stand at Tynecastle Park.

    Police Scotland have written to Edinburgh City Council asking for the stand's safety certificate to be re-examined after they identified numerous concerns now that the stadium is in use.

    The concerns centre on crowd safety and movement, leading to the possibility of pitch invasions and a build-up of spectators and tension in several areas."

    Safety concerns raised over Hearts new main stand*

    Some may have seen the letter on social media. It was well written but the content was serious enough for people to doubt it's authenticity! The article above means it's genuine.
    Brilliant.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  50. #250
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see much wrong in " blacking up" but I appreciate folk have a different take on it. I went to a "rock star " fancy dress party and went as one my heroes, Bob Marley. I had the Rastas wig and brown paint on. The effect otherwise wouldn't have quite been the same. Whatever I am, I most definitely am not a racist, regardless of what anyone may think, I know what my thoughts are.
    My point with M Jackson , was it appears it ok for some to do it . If you believe MJ had a skin condition , then fair enough , I think he was bleaching himself big time, and I imagine most folk are of the same opinion. His ????? Kids were white!!! , he , in my opinion was the biggest traitor to his race ever, and his other likings were at best questionable . Some races , it would appear are tagged with certain critisicisms , while others are not .
    Someone who uses fake tan, is no more or less a racist than someone who "blacks up" for fancy dress is my take on it .
    disagree but appreciate the response.

    thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back to the gunts ...

    "Supporters' safety in jeopardy at Tynecastle, say police

    Serious concerns have been raised about the safety of Hearts' new main stand at Tynecastle Park.

    Police Scotland have written to Edinburgh City Council asking for the stand's safety certificate to be re-examined after they identified numerous concerns now that the stadium is in use.

    The concerns centre on crowd safety and movement, leading to the possibility of pitch invasions and a build-up of spectators and tension in several areas."

    Safety concerns raised over Hearts new main stand*

    Some may have seen the letter on social media. It was well written but the content was serious enough for people to doubt it's authenticity! The article above means it's genuine.
    cops pissed off the council gave them a safety cert while it was still a building site and its them left picking up the pieces.

    they know they cant protect celtic and hibs officials in the new directors box.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Gunts in the pub
    By sauzee 1875 in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-03-15, 23:18
  2. Gunts in the W. Midlands Gunts ?
    By Deansy in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-14, 07:41
  3. If we were the gunts
    By Jack in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-10-13, 13:30
  4. Do we really think the gunts will die
    By RUFUS in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-06-13, 22:28
  5. What is it about gunts ......
    By Frenchman in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 19-12-12, 08:07

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •