Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash

HSL 100K Appeal?

Anyone see or hear of this? One of the Proclaimers not sure if it's Charlie or Craig but they've done an HSL video saying they want to raise 100K over the next few months to boost the budget for Neil Lennon this window.

This has prompted some negative reactions on social media which I disagree with. The reality is some other clubs in Scotland will always have bigger budgets than us so the more money put into the pot the better and the facts are we will never have enough money. So IMHO it's daft to object to any attempt to raise more cash for the budget for the manager.

I'm just curious though to HSL. We've had Jackie McNamara on here promoting HSL. And we have the non Hibby Kenny Macaskill as chairman? And the Proclaimers are involved? I just don't think they've communicated clearly with the support? I've bought shares directly from the club but I'm thinking of doing HSL.

In recent previous years the club has highlighted the benefits of HSL contributions but again this summer like other parts of the clubs PR it's been quiet.

What's others experience of HSL?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    298 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just watched video and it put me off a bit. Was seriously tempted last night thinking it was for a specific player but sounds to be to keep things ticking over.

Agree in essence to your post but again if they want money at least show something for it, a wee cow maybe 🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched video and it put me off a bit. Was seriously tempted last night thinking it was for a specific player but sounds to be to keep things ticking over.

Agree in essence to your post but again if they want money at least show something for it, a wee cow maybe 🤣

It was a video that lacked something....

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    298 Post(s)
    vCash
    Seemed a bit half hearted just like the rest of communication this summer. But it is a good cause just wondering where Hibs spent money so far.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2188 Post(s)
    vCash
    Haven't seen video and not going to knock it as we prob do need more cash in to compete and if them across the city can be so blatant with a cash cow and numerous pleas (begs) for cash then why can't we.

Really varies on two things for me, how much a club means to people, and what they feel they want to give to that club, (particularly when nothing in return other than possibly seeing us sign better players)

And how much free cash anyone has.

Some people have things they see far more important, like family, holiday, mortgage, weddings, food, other charitable giving etc etc but if football is right up there then fine.

I would say though also that £100k is equivelent to a fiver from 20k people. Much less than attended the cup final...sounds good in theory though the reality is it will end up the same few thousand that give every time.

Football though has got out of hand. We will as has been said always need more money, so will other clubs. As good players demand more money and huge teams pay million upon millions to secure the players they want, the small fry will struggle to even get a grip of the coat tails. Think about it, even £4k a week is way in excess of what almost any of us will ever earn in their life. Of course they say, yes but players have a short career, well with 4k a week, if you can't afford a private tutor to get you qualifications for after football there is something far wrong...course that is a different subject, so yeh give more cash if you can afford...and feel you wanna help

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3323 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good post, @Smurf. I also agree totally about that "short career" bollocks. I've had various short careers in fast food, as a slaters labourer, a barman, kitchen fitter etc - I wish I'd thought to ask for £4k a week, seeing as how I'd find it difficult to get up and down a ladder in ma 40s...

At the end of the day, as they also keep saying when they show zero loyalty to clubs, it's just a job. When you're not fit for that job anymore - get another $#@!in job. They probably won't have a mortgage, so a wee job in Greggs should keep the pin money ticking over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2669 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Anyone see or hear of this? One of the Proclaimers not sure if it's Charlie or Craig but they've done an HSL video saying they want to raise 100K over the next few months to boost the budget for Neil Lennon this window.

This has prompted some negative reactions on social media which I disagree with. The reality is some other clubs in Scotland will always have bigger budgets than us so the more money put into the pot the better and the facts are we will never have enough money. So IMHO it's daft to object to any attempt to raise more cash for the budget for the manager.

I'm just curious though to HSL. We've had Jackie McNamara on here promoting HSL. And we have the non Hibby Kenny Macaskill as chairman? And the Proclaimers are involved? I just don't think they've communicated clearly with the support? I've bought shares directly from the club but I'm thinking of doing HSL.

In recent previous years the club has highlighted the benefits of HSL contributions but again this summer like other parts of the clubs PR it's been quiet.

What's others experience of HSL?
    My experience after contributing for 2 years,is them taking double payments last month,me asking why,then cancelling after no getting a reply over a month later....

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4500 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Good post, @Smurf. I also agree totally about that "short career" bollocks. I've had various short careers in fast food, as a slaters labourer, a barman, kitchen fitter etc - I wish I'd thought to ask for £4k a week, seeing as how I'd find it difficult to get up and down a ladder in ma 40s...

At the end of the day, as they also keep saying when they show zero loyalty to clubs, it's just a job. When you're not fit for that job anymore - get another $#@!in job. They probably won't have a mortgage, so a wee job in Greggs should keep the pin money ticking over.

The short career thing rips ma knitting. It always has been a total slap in the face of those who scrimp and save to be able to go to the football and pay these poor wee souls a wage.

Gary Smith fights fires, Wayne freaking Foster has delivered my post, Patrick McGinlay runs a cleaning firm...life goes on. They can work to 70 like the rest of us
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6594 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post

The short career bollox does my head in. I know some players are on 'rubbish money' but as an example - a player earning £2k a week for 10 years will earn the same in that time as a person working for 40 years on an average salary of £26k a year. Increase that £2k per week by a thousand quid [or more] and suddenly the 10 year total is outwith the grasp of many people who work all their lives. Besides, once a players career is finished there is nothing to stop them getting another job in the real world.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4500 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    My experience after contributing for 2 years,is them taking double payments last month,me asking why,then cancelling after no getting a reply over a month later....
    I cancelled mine too. Took the money for 2 years. Have to apply yourself for the bit of paper to say you are a member and the one communication I've had is them asking me for more money. I'd like to like to know how they've used the 2 years worth first...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2669 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    I cancelled mine too. Took the money for 2 years. Have to apply yourself for the bit of paper to say you are a member and the one communication I've had is them asking me for more money. I'd like to like to know how they've used the 2 years worth first...
    Snap. Why no just post it out?
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well HSL sounds like a shambles. Is it run independent of the club? Does it publish an annual report/accounts?

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think it's a very well thought out video to be honest. We've just sold our best striker for a reported 1m, have record ST numbers, the strips have sold a record amount but as yet, we haven't spent a penny on a transfer to replace him!! Nearly every piece of comms from the clubs official channels recently are pushing something for sale and now this.....it's a bit much!!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    vCash
    Anyone see or hear of this? One of the Proclaimers not sure if it's Charlie or Craig but they've done an HSL video saying they want to raise 100K over the next few months to boost the budget for Neil Lennon this window.This has prompted some negative reactions on social media which I disagree with. The reality is some other clubs in Scotland will always have bigger budgets than us so the more money put into the pot the better and the facts are we will never have enough money. So IMHO it's daft to object to any attempt to raise more cash for the budget for the manager.I'm just curious though to HSL. We've had Jackie McNamara on here promoting HSL. And we have the non Hibby Kenny Macaskill as chairman? And the Proclaimers are involved? I just don't think they've communicated clearly with the support? I've bought shares directly from the club but I'm thinking of doing HSL.In recent previous years the club has highlighted the benefits of HSL contributions but again this summer like other parts of the clubs PR it's been quiet.What's others experience of HSL?
    I find that rather disturbing surely we ain't short of cash that the so called independent HSL where Dempster and Dunn are directors are asking the fans for more cash.Fans have done more than enough last few years. Up to the board to get decent investment into the club.£100k what will that achieve in terms of challenging top end of SPl

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    It will have been used to buy shares. I'm not even sure their rules allow them to buy as much as a stamp! How the club has used that money? Like all the other monies I doubt it will be wasted.

I thought it was interesting though the last time I saw figures it appeared most had been bought by individual shareholders. It surprised me and maybe left them a bit deflated and hit their momentum.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4329 Post(s)
    vCash
    I love The Proclaimers, they seem like really sound guys and their music is brilliant.

But millionaire celebrities asking folk to give even more cash to Hibs ( or any cause) is something that drives me mental.

Put a Proclaimers gig on at ER in aid of HSL, that would make way more than £100K.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well HSL sounds like a shambles. Is it run independent of the club? Does it publish an annual report/accounts?
    Yes it's independent from the club although as has been mentioned there's a bit of crossover.

I think it does publish accounts although I haven't seen any. I think it's had the equivalent of an AGM but as I wasn't fully paid up at the time was ineligible to attend.
    Space to let

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    I love The Proclaimers, they seem like really sound guys and their music is brilliant.But millionaire celebrities asking folk to give even more cash to Hibs ( or any cause) is something that drives me mental.Put a Proclaimers gig on at ER in aid of HSL, that would make way more than £100K.
    Great suggestion and cash can be used to buy shares in hibs

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    I find that rather disturbing surely we ain't short of cash that the so called independent HSL where Dempster and Dunn are directors are asking the fans for more cash.Fans have done more than enough last few years. Up to the board to get decent investment into the club.£100k what will that achieve in terms of challenging top end of SPl
    We'll never have enough or too much money :-)

There's some supporters well able to afford a couple of grand for a season ticket in the all inclusive super package. If folk can afford it I see no reason the club or HSL shouldn't seek to take advantage.

There is a department/team at the club who's job it is to attract sponsors and other income. It must have been difficult in the 3 years we were in the wilderness! But hey! We've retained Marathonbet, who have been good for us in my opinion and got a couple of others for the new season.

It would be brilliant to have some millionaires/billionaires chuck money at the club. I reckon they must be pretty thin on the ground ;-)

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    vCash
    If, after everything - record STs, JC money, wage bill slashed - a hat is being put round for 100k for players then someone is taking the piss.

Ownership of Hibs is still a big problem and holding us back. A billionaire owner who doesnt give a $#@!. Only Hibs could end up in that ridiculous situation.

And before anyone pipes in with "he saved the club" he's had full credit for that. This is about the future not the past. Sooner Farmer has nothing to do with Hibs the better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Since 1875

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    307 Post(s)
    vCash
    Horrendous timing. Very poor judgement from those involved. Has actually put me off investing further into HSL, perhaps an emotional overreaction.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Posted apparently by Stephen Dunn?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesbounceross View Post
    Horrendous timing. Very poor judgement from those involved. Has actually put me off investing further into HSL, perhaps an emotional overreaction.
    I can't see how any time could be a bad time, other than when the club is launching something.

Compared to a few years ago when it started there's an awful lot more supporters who perhaps weren't as connected to the club back then. Season tickets up around 4,000 is a 50% increase in those willing to commit, record strip sales showing those at the periphery becoming more interested.

All the more people who might want to be closer to the club.

There's also the bigger picture of what's happening to our rivals.

The gunts are being pumped for over a million a year to FOH. They've apparently got record ST sales, at higher prices than we're charging and they've got that cow!

The 🐑 have found a benefactor who's given them a million.

If we're to compete in the pitch we need to compete off the pitch too.

The current directors will require to step down in about 6 months time. Maybe that would be a good time to have a relaunch.
    Space to let

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2188 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Sleeves View Post
    If, after everything - record STs, JC money, wage bill slashed - a hat is being put round for 100k for players then someone is taking the piss.

Ownership of Hibs is still a big problem and holding us back. A billionaire owner who doesnt give a $#@!. Only Hibs could end up in that ridiculous situation.

And before anyone pipes in with "he saved the club" he's had full credit for that. This is about the future not the past. Sooner Farmer has nothing to do with Hibs the better.

Makes me wonder if it is more about raising 100k for Hibs or for HSL to speed up their share increase

Also makes me wonder that if/when shareholders HSL take over, is this how they are going to raise funds for players.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3566 Post(s)
    vCash
    Like many others, i give Hibs hundreds of pounds a year in ST cash and merchandise. I just spent over a hundred quid in the shop last week. Hibs already get more than enough of my money. I dont need to feel guilty about not coughing up even more.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Like many others, i give Hibs hundreds of pounds a year in ST cash and merchandise. I just spent over a hundred quid in the shop last week. Hibs already get more than enough of my money. I dont need to feel guilty about not coughing up even more.
    To be fair I don't think anyone is trying to make anyone feel guilty. We all put in as much as we can but bottom line is the club needs more cash. Just the reality of it....

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3566 Post(s)
    vCash
    To be fair I don't think anyone is trying to make anyone feel guilty. We all put in as much as we can but bottom line is the club needs more cash. Just the reality of it....
    Aye, i know that`s not the implication. Guilty was the wrong word to use. I meant it more in the way i personally feel about not giving more money. We all give what we can afford and everyone has their own limit.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1630 Post(s)
    vCash
    Maybe just me but all this coming at a time when 'some' folk are voicing concerns about the club not splashing the cash to land marquee signings suggests to me that all is not well financially behind the scenes which is why we aren't yet landing those quality players who want a bigger slice of the pie.
    I've suspected all along that the cash from the sale of JC and offloading players in the manner we have was to put us on an even keel rather than make any big impact in the transfer market.
    I'm not fazed by that if it is the case as having a club to support is more important. I may (hopefully) yet be proved wrong and there is money there for the quality needed for the SPL
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    779 Post(s)
    vCash
    With the lack of transfer action in January and the Cummings money, there should be more than enough cash already.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2435 Post(s)
    vCash
    I've not watched the video, but I have to say I agree with Greenpower and one or two others on this matter. I find it rather odd that Hibs at this stage of the transfer window with Lennon finalising deals, that HSL who have been silent for about a year, now pop up suddenly to ask the fans for yet more money. We have broken the club record in season ticket sales and sold our top striker for around £1 Million. If they were wanting to add to Lennon's player budget, why didn't they make this appeal right at the end of last season after we had won promotion to take advantage of the feel-good factor then ? Also it would have been better t get the money in early...I just find it strange that they are making this appeal now after such a long period of silence.

Really hope as has been suggested but some, that it is not that our club finances are worse than we thought they were.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    I've not watched the video, but I have to say I agree with Greenpower and one or two others on this matter. I find it rather odd that Hibs at this stage of the transfer window with Lennon finalising deals, that HSL who have been silent for about a year, pop up to ask the fans for yet more money. We have broken the club record in season ticket sales and sold our top striker for around £1 Million. If they were wanting to add to Lennon's player budget, why didn't they make this appeal right at the end of last season after we had won promotion to take advantage of the feel-good factor then ? Also it would have been better t get the money in early...I just find it strange that they are making this appeal now after such a long period of silence.

Really hope as has been suggested but some, that it is not that our club finances are worse than we thought they were.
    I think HSL should be considered as a longer term investment in the club although they themselves for effect might have to go for shorter term hits.
    Space to let

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4617 Post(s)
    vCash
    Are you throwing your hat in the middle @Jack to get nominated onto the board of HSL when this comes up soon? 🤔

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Are you throwing your hat in the middle @Jack to get nominated onto the board of HSL when this comes up soon? 🤔
    To be honest being on the edge of 'official' Hibs appeals. Or maybe it would have not so long ago.

Not now. My current life couldn't get any better.

Or why make myself a target for untold abuse when all I want is the best for folk like me that support Hibs?

It's a fine line.
    Space to let

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4617 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    To be honest being on the edge of 'official' Hibs appeals. Or maybe it would have not so long ago.Not now. My current life couldn't get any better.Or why make myself a target for untold abuse when all I want is the best for folk like me that support Hibs? It's a fine line.
    Fair point. 👍🏻

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    vCash
    The club will always needs funds. I guess the timing given the lack of communication over summer and the lack of new strikers has maybe not helped. Some still have the perception that they get nothing back from hsl. Hsl have a objective which is fairly clear.

Personally I also think a good membership scheme would maybe work. Say £10 per month, with discounts at shop, hospitality packages , monthly draws for signed gear and perhaps a members monthly newsletter.

It's our club and our responsibility to fund it, it does stick in the theist that our board and owner won't step up more. Asking fans for another 100k with in 2.5 months is the payment to stf is too much for some.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)
    vCash
    I've not watched (beyond the first 30 seconds of) the begging video, and have only skimmed through the posts above.
    Apologies if this has already been asked & answered but:
    Q1 Why has this been released now? At a time when the Hibs support has dug deep, after 3 years in the second tier plus a few in free fall prior to that, to achieve record Season Ticket numbers? We now have a video telling us what we've done isn't enough?? WTF?
    I can only say thank $#@! I've nothing to do with HSL if this is their level. Thankfully I bought my shares direct.
    Q2: Why is Sir Tom Farmer being quoted by various and indeed varied sources as being a Billionaire? It seems his wealth has increased by at least a factor of 10 without him even trying?

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4617 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I've not watched (beyond the first 30 seconds of) the begging video, and have only skimmed through the posts above. Apologies if this has already been asked & answered but:Q1 Why has this been released now? At a time when the Hibs support has dug deep, after 3 years in the second tier plus a few in free fall prior to that, to achieve record Season Ticket numbers? We now have a video telling us what we've done isn't enough?? WTF? I can only say thank $#@! I've nothing to do with HSL if this is their level. Thankfully I bought my shares direct.Q2: Why is Sir Tom Farmer being quoted by various and indeed varied sources as being a Billionaire? It seems his wealth has increased by at least a factor of 10 without him even trying?
    Because some folk like to "Slav"er on social media to make things appear worse than they are.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Because some folk like to "Slav"er on social media to make things appear worse than they are.
    That's kinda what I thought - but as I tend not to give a $#@! about the Times Rich List (since they never mention me) I just wanted to check I hadn't missed some important financial news. Ta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    vCash
    Would love to know the plans for all the excess land at east mains. That's got to be worth a few quid. I know they were keen to separate east mains a bit

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I've not watched (beyond the first 30 seconds of) the begging video, and have only skimmed through the posts above.
    Apologies if this has already been asked & answered but:
    Q1 Why has this been released now? At a time when the Hibs support has dug deep, after 3 years in the second tier plus a few in free fall prior to that, to achieve record Season Ticket numbers? We now have a video telling us what we've done isn't enough?? WTF?
    I can only say thank $#@! I've nothing to do with HSL if this is their level. Thankfully I bought my shares direct.
    Q2: Why is Sir Tom Farmer being quoted by various and indeed varied sources as being a Billionaire? It seems his wealth has increased by at least a factor of 10 without him even trying?
    To be honest I've not watched the video at all. The first few posts on here and over there didn't inspire me to spend any of the time short I have left lol¡

Q1 see my post above if you can be bothered! I don't mean that in a nasty way. Although add to that when would be a good time in your opinion? Let's go back over the last 6 months/year or so? Hundreds of folk are saying if you can you will, no pressure but those who don't ask don't get. I'm in they could have done better in the last year ... or so ... encouraging supporters to sign up.

Q2 I'm not sure but he's undoubtedly delighted at the news!

Let's just remind ourselves he's insisted the club is sustainable in its own right and for the long term. That's been his mantra from day 1 and on day brazillion I can't see it changing. Those that aren't used to that by now just need to suck it up. He is not going to live for ever anyway!
    Space to let

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2669 Post(s)
    vCash
    If we're going to be a majority fan owned club then we'd better get used to being tapped by the club for funds.... We'd be better with someone with cash to splash owning 51% of the club
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    To be honest I've not watched the video at all. The first few posts on here and over there didn't inspire me to spend any of the time short I have left lol¡

Q1 see my post above if you can be bothered! I don't mean that in a nasty way. Although add to that when would be a good time in your opinion? Let's go back over the last 6 months/year or so? Hundreds of folk are saying if you can you will, no pressure but those who don't ask don't get. I'm in they could have done better in the last year ... or so ... encouraging supporters to sign up.

Q2 I'm not sure but he's undoubtedly delighted at the news!

Let's just remind ourselves he's insisted the club is sustainable in its own right and for the long term. That's been his mantra from day 1 and on day brazillion I can't see it changing. Those that aren't used to that by now just need to suck it up. He is not going to live for ever anyway!
    Jack: You seem to have taken my "Q2" as me having a dig at STF. In fact the opposite is correct. I was having a go at the spurious claims being made by the people having a go at STF!
    As for your first point referencing your own previous (multiple) posts on topic? Well, let's just say that's a bit harder to follow.

In the interests of clarity let me just say I don't 'get' the HSL. It seems to me to be a group of Hibs fans being paid by another body/group/collective/individuals to purchase shares on 'their' behalf - which the purchasers will never actually own?
    Isn't that what we're constantly amused at the maroon balloons for doing with FoH?

Personally I'm happier to have bought my shares direct - though I'm not going to preach to anyone else.

Everyone should make their own decisions of financial commitment based on facts I'd suggest, rather than on tabloid like sensationalism with words like 'billionaire' being quoted.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1143 Post(s)
    vCash
    The suggestion of a concert at ER by the twins is a belter. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned before , never mind actually happened. It would be both a money spinner and top top night . The more I think about it, the more I can't believe it's not a yearly event.
    As for Hibs looking for money, well more money to be brutal, I think we underestimate what the last three years has cost us.
    It does itch my teeth hearing millionaires ( sometimes tax dodging ones at that) try and prick our conscience so we part with more of our hard earned, but it's a bit different here. Scottish fitba is seriously skint , not much money comes in apart from through the gate

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    vCash
    Whether Tom Farmer is a billionaire - as he's described in some papers - or worth the £130m it says on Wikipedia isnae the point. He's minted but doesnt invest in the club.

His company want to keep hold of 49% in the long term (after 51% sold to HSL). Hibs might have more ambition and vision if he was to openly state his plan is to leave the club entirely with new owners actively sought. Put the club on the market. Nobody is saying take the first chancer who comes along. Give HSL power of veto. But get fresh money into Hibs beyond HSL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2188 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    The suggestion of a concert at ER by the twins is a belter. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned before , never mind actually happened. It would be both a money spinner and top top night . The more I think about it, the more I can't believe it's not a yearly event.
    As for Hibs looking for money, well more money to be brutal, I think we underestimate what the last three years has cost us.
    It does itch my teeth hearing millionaires ( sometimes tax dodging ones at that) try and prick our conscience so we part with more of our hard earned, but it's a bit different here. Scottish fitba is seriously skint , not much money comes in apart from through the gate

how about a concert, tennis with the Murrays, Golf with Bernard Gallagher...or at least a few of his young buddies evening with Aiden Smith, Irvine Welsh, and exhibition boxing with umpteen Hibbies from Edinburgh club....no doubt a lot more people could be added to list, should bring in a fair few bob

- - - Updated - - -

Whether Tom Farmer is a billionaire - as he's described in some papers - or worth the £130m it says on Wikipedia isnae the point. He's minted but doesnt invest in the club.

His company want to keep hold of 49% in the long term (after 51% sold to HSL). Hibs might have more ambition and vision if he was to openly state his plan is to leave the club entirely with new owners actively sought. Put the club on the market. Nobody is saying take the first chancer who comes along. Give HSL power of veto. But get fresh money into Hibs beyond HSL.

Sure I heard Andy Murray wanted to get into football after retirement

- - - Updated - - -

Sure I heard Andy Murray wanted to get into football after retirement

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hsl won't get as high a % as mentioned due to individual shareholders

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4500 Post(s)
    vCash
    Charlie Reid saying in the video that we lost £1.5 million during our time in the Championship. If anyone is in any doubt about our situation that should focus the minds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    vCash
    Yes it should be why has it taken until now for this detail to come out? That 1.5 cannot be far off the payments to stf so the club has done pretty damn well breaking even if the major shareholder could have waived payments during championship years.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4500 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    Yes it should be why has it taken until now for this detail to come out? That 1.5 cannot be far off the payments to stf so the club has done pretty damn well breaking even if the major shareholder could have waived payments during championship years.
    The Scottish Cup win will have kept the losses at £1.5 million. The thought of the financial impact on the club without that success and subsequent Bounce in attendance doesn't bear thinking about.Some of the 'hidden" finances like loss of TV money and sponsorship premiums hit hard.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6405 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's disappointing our main shareholder didn't postpone his annual repayments during this period.

GoGO Back To Forum