Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and the fitba is back.....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and the fitba is back.....

Hibernian ran out to a large away support, looking different in their new home kit. A pleasant summer evening with enough chill to justify the tasty Stephens Steak Bridie and Bovril.

A start for Crane, Porteous, Shaw, Pennant and Swanson saw Hibs plod their way through a pretty uninspiring first half, although Danny Swansons goal was well taken after some lovely play from Crane down the left. Second half saw McGregor, Lewis, Simon and Fraser Murray, Martin and Super John starting the second and what a difference, Hibs were rather good to watch second half, even better when Boyle came on for Pennant.

Stand outs were the Murrays and SJM, Martin was quietly efficient and Porteous magnificent.

Dunfermlne were not a bad team, good football second half put them to bed. Well played Hibs.

The Team

Nice to see Rocky back, he had one very good block and one fumble. Replaced by Laidlaw at half time.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016, scoring the winning goal, had a good game.

Fonts started and strolled though the game before being replaced by Daz at half time.

Porteous had a smashing game, he played very well and reminds me a lot of Paul Hanlon. I expect much of this laddie, he looked at ease and a very good defender.

Crane played left back first half, and as replaced by Lewis at half time. The laddie done well and was a key part in Swansons goal.

Barts played first half and got tore in. Martin replaced him at half time.

Jermaine Pennant played wide right and played a few nice balls but looked lightweight. Scored a decent goal after a wonder pass from Super John, and was then replaced by Boyler.

Dylan McGeouch had a good first half before making way for Super John.

Danny Swanson scored on his debut and looked hungry. He will score us goals. Replaced by Fraser Murray at half time.

Brian Graham started up front and was pretty poor, I am sorry to say. Simon Murray replaced him at half time, what a difference.

Ollie Shaw looked lost first half, the big Pars defenders bullied him. He looked much better with Simon Cheese String Murray beside him. Took his headed goal very well after a sublime chipped pass from Super John.

The subs and there were many........

Laidlaw had an easy second half.

Lewis dashed up and down the line like a young un. I think his Kirkaldy upbringing ensures he tries extra hard when playing Dunfermline?

Daz took no prisoners, he doesn't though, eh?

Scott Martin sat in Barts role and gave us far more than Marvin for me. I like him, Scott could fill the gap left by Fyvie.

Fraser Murray had 20 minutes of brilliance when he came on, I enjoyed watching this fast attacking left winger. He has something about him.

Boyle scored, again from a great pass from Super John. He gave Hibs a bit of spark.

Super John was ehhh super, three great passes to score all three second half goals. I love John.

Simon Murray was a handful, I think we will like this boy, he never stops running the ball down, chasing and fighting and does it with a good fitba brain. Another player I think will do well for us.

All in all, a good run out and lots and lots of promise. I know the hand wringers are all in a flap, and I can see we are 3 or 4 players away from a really good team, but the one we have is shaping up nicely.

Dunfermline will be a decent team this year I think, some nice fitba but miles behind Hibs in style and ability.

The ref was fine.

I am glad I went straight from work in London this evening, I enjoyed it, especially second half.

I would guess 1500 Hibs fans there, certainly a much bigger support than I expected, given the lack of interest on the bounce. Well done Hibs Fans.

My man of the match was Ryan Porteous, I thoroughly enjoyed watching a young Hibs player play so well in a tough position. He is the new Paul Hanlon, even though the old one is pretty good himself.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Lewis testimonial on Sunday, if ever a player deserved a good turn out, its Lewis.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can't disagree with anything you say Mark. The passing from SJM was sublime; and was extremely impressed with both Murrays and Porteous. I think Simon Murray will become a fan favourite.

My overriding thought from tonight however was that if i never saw Brian Graham in a Hibs shirt again I'd be extremely happy.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6424 Post(s)
    vCash
    Mate of mine was in the Pars end. He reckoned Hibs had 90% of the game, but more down to Pars pishness than our greatness.

First warmup game finishing a comfortable 0-4 sounds good enough to me.
    Thanks for the detailed report 1875.

Sounds better fun than my night.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report 1875, much appreciated.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers 18.
    Space to let

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6674 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers 18.
    Are you thinking Mark and @Sir Shrink are a duo?

Cheers for the report M. Glad to see Just back is just back
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2516 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Hibernian ran out to a large away support, looking different in their new home kit. A pleasant summer evening with enough chill to justify the tasty Stephens Steak Bridie and Bovril.

A start for Crane, Porteous, Shaw, Pennant and Swanson saw Hibs plod their way through a pretty uninspiring first half, although Danny Swansons goal was well taken after some lovely play from Crane down the left. Second half saw McGregor, Lewis, Simon and Fraser Murray, Martin and Super John starting the second and what a difference, Hibs were rather good to watch second half, even better when Boyle came on for Pennant.

Stand outs were the Murrays and SJM, Martin was quietly efficient and Porteous magnificent.

Dunfermlne were not a bad team, good football second half put them to bed. Well played Hibs.

The Team

Nice to see Rocky back, he had one very good block and one fumble. Replaced by Laidlaw at half time.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016, scoring the winning goal, had a good game.

Fonts started and strolled though the game before being replaced by Daz at half time.

Porteous had a smashing game, he played very well and reminds me a lot of Paul Hanlon. I expect much of this laddie, he looked at ease and a very good defender.

Crane played left back first half, and as replaced by Lewis at half time. The laddie done well and was a key part in Swansons goal.

Barts played first half and got tore in. Martin replaced him at half time.

Jermaine Pennant played wide right and played a few nice balls but looked lightweight. Scored a decent goal after a wonder pass from Super John, and was then replaced by Boyler.

Dylan McGeouch had a good first half before making way for Super John.

Danny Swanson scored on his debut and looked hungry. He will score us goals. Replaced by Fraser Murray at half time.

Brian Graham started up front and was pretty poor, I am sorry to say. Simon Murray replaced him at half time, what a difference.

Ollie Shaw looked lost first half, the big Pars defenders bullied him. He looked much better with Simon Cheese String Murray beside him. Took his headed goal very well after a sublime chipped pass from Super John.

The subs and there were many........

Laidlaw had an easy second half.

Lewis dashed up and down the line like a young un. I think his Kirkaldy upbringing ensures he tries extra hard when playing Dunfermline?

Daz took no prisoners, he doesn't though, eh?

Scott Martin sat in Barts role and gave us far more than Marvin for me. I like him, Scott could fill the gap left by Fyvie.

Fraser Murray had 20 minutes of brilliance when he came on, I enjoyed watching this fast attacking left winger. He has something about him.

Boyle scored, again from a great pass from Super John. He gave Hibs a bit of spark.

Super John was ehhh super, three great passes to score all three second half goals. I love John.

Simon Murray was a handful, I think we will like this boy, he never stops running the ball down, chasing and fighting and does it with a good fitba brain. Another player I think will do well for us.

All in all, a good run out and lots and lots of promise. I know the hand wringers are all in a flap, and I can see we are 3 or 4 players away from a really good team, but the one we have is shaping up nicely.

Dunfermline will be a decent team this year I think, some nice fitba but miles behind Hibs in style and ability.

The ref was fine.

I am glad I went straight from work in London this evening, I enjoyed it, especially second half.

I would guess 1500 Hibs fans there, certainly a much bigger support than I expected, given the lack of interest on the bounce. Well done Hibs Fans.

My man of the match was Ryan Porteous, I thoroughly enjoyed watching a young Hibs player play so well in a tough position. He is the new Paul Hanlon, even though the old one is pretty good himself.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Lewis testimonial on Sunday, if ever a player deserved a good turn out, its Lewis.

Hibernian Forever.
    Cheers Mark. Sounds like we were up for it tonight. First games usually a bit crap but this sounds like a good run out. Looking forward tae Sundays Just Back.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report Mark !
    All sounds promising for next season 💚💚

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6424 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Are you thinking Mark and @Sir Shrink are a duo?

Very droll.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers M...
    Its good reading, sounds like Porteous played well. Martin, Murray Shaw and Crane sound very good prospects.
    Also S Murray, id like him to pish on all the bedwetters for the $#@! he took before a ball was even kicked.
    GGTTH

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Did someone say fitba is back sorry I'm late summer birds u know..........right where's the fixtures . GGTTH.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    Did someone say fitba is back sorry I'm late summer birds u know..........right where's the fixtures . GGTTH.
    Pumping or pumping Dunfermline, its your own choice ma pal!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6424 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Pumping or pumping Dunfermline, its your own choice ma pal!
    I'm pretty sure Hibs can keep pumping Dunfermline for many many years in the future, so the man probably made the right choice.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    How ive missed the Chuckle brothers alright lads!!!! ...........

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2516 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    How ive missed the Chuckle brothers alright lads!!!! ...........
    Never play pass the parcel with they two. Pair of cheatin badturts

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

GoGO Back To Forum