Thread: Just back and the fitba is back.....

217 Post(s)
    5712 Post(s)

Just back and the fitba is back.....

Hibernian ran out to a large away support, looking different in their new home kit. A pleasant summer evening with enough chill to justify the tasty Stephens Steak Bridie and Bovril.

A start for Crane, Porteous, Shaw, Pennant and Swanson saw Hibs plod their way through a pretty uninspiring first half, although Danny Swansons goal was well taken after some lovely play from Crane down the left. Second half saw McGregor, Lewis, Simon and Fraser Murray, Martin and Super John starting the second and what a difference, Hibs were rather good to watch second half, even better when Boyle came on for Pennant.

Stand outs were the Murrays and SJM, Martin was quietly efficient and Porteous magnificent.

Dunfermlne were not a bad team, good football second half put them to bed. Well played Hibs.

Nice to see Rocky back, he had one very good block and one fumble. Replaced by Laidlaw at half time.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016, scoring the winning goal, had a good game.

Fonts started and strolled though the game before being replaced by Daz at half time.

Porteous had a smashing game, he played very well and reminds me a lot of Paul Hanlon. I expect much of this laddie, he looked at ease and a very good defender.

Crane played left back first half, and as replaced by Lewis at half time. The laddie done well and was a key part in Swansons goal.

Barts played first half and got tore in. Martin replaced him at half time.

Jermaine Pennant played wide right and played a few nice balls but looked lightweight. Scored a decent goal after a wonder pass from Super John, and was then replaced by Boyler.

Dylan McGeouch had a good first half before making way for Super John.

Danny Swanson scored on his debut and looked hungry. He will score us goals. Replaced by Fraser Murray at half time.

Brian Graham started up front and was pretty poor, I am sorry to say. Simon Murray replaced him at half time, what a difference.

Ollie Shaw looked lost first half, the big Pars defenders bullied him. He looked much better with Simon Cheese String Murray beside him. Took his headed goal very well after a sublime chipped pass from Super John.

The subs and there were many........

Laidlaw had an easy second half.

Lewis dashed up and down the line like a young un. I think his Kirkaldy upbringing ensures he tries extra hard when playing Dunfermline?

Daz took no prisoners, he doesn't though, eh?

Scott Martin sat in Barts role and gave us far more than Marvin for me. I like him, Scott could fill the gap left by Fyvie.

Fraser Murray had 20 minutes of brilliance when he came on, I enjoyed watching this fast attacking left winger. He has something about him.

Boyle scored, again from a great pass from Super John. He gave Hibs a bit of spark.

Super John was ehhh super, three great passes to score all three second half goals. I love John.

Simon Murray was a handful, I think we will like this boy, he never stops running the ball down, chasing and fighting and does it with a good fitba brain. Another player I think will do well for us.

All in all, a good run out and lots and lots of promise. I know the hand wringers are all in a flap, and I can see we are 3 or 4 players away from a really good team, but the one we have is shaping up nicely.

Dunfermline will be a decent team this year I think, some nice fitba but miles behind Hibs in style and ability.

The ref was fine.

I am glad I went straight from work in London this evening, I enjoyed it, especially second half.

I would guess 1500 Hibs fans there, certainly a much bigger support than I expected, given the lack of interest on the bounce. Well done Hibs Fans.

My man of the match was Ryan Porteous, I thoroughly enjoyed watching a young Hibs player play so well in a tough position. He is the new Paul Hanlon, even though the old one is pretty good himself.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Lewis testimonial on Sunday, if ever a player deserved a good turn out, its Lewis.

Hibernian Forever.

210 Post(s)
    Can't disagree with anything you say Mark. The passing from SJM was sublime; and was extremely impressed with both Murrays and Porteous. I think Simon Murray will become a fan favourite.

My overriding thought from tonight however was that if i never saw Brian Graham in a Hibs shirt again I'd be extremely happy.

6424 Post(s)
    Mate of mine was in the Pars end. He reckoned Hibs had 90% of the game, but more down to Pars pishness than our greatness.

First warmup game finishing a comfortable 0-4 sounds good enough to me.
    Thanks for the detailed report 1875.

Sounds better fun than my night.

Thanks for the report 1875, much appreciated.

143 Post(s)
    4276 Post(s)
    Cheers 18.

174 Post(s)
    6674 Post(s)
    Cheers 18.
    Are you thinking Mark and @Sir Shrink are a duo?

Cheers for the report M. Glad to see Just back is just back

2516 Post(s)
    Hibernian ran out to a large away support, looking different in their new home kit. A pleasant summer evening with enough chill to justify the tasty Stephens Steak Bridie and Bovril.

A start for Crane, Porteous, Shaw, Pennant and Swanson saw Hibs plod their way through a pretty uninspiring first half, although Danny Swansons goal was well taken after some lovely play from Crane down the left. Second half saw McGregor, Lewis, Simon and Fraser Murray, Martin and Super John starting the second and what a difference, Hibs were rather good to watch second half, even better when Boyle came on for Pennant.

Stand outs were the Murrays and SJM, Martin was quietly efficient and Porteous magnificent.

Dunfermlne were not a bad team, good football second half put them to bed. Well played Hibs.

Nice to see Rocky back, he had one very good block and one fumble. Replaced by Laidlaw at half time.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016, scoring the winning goal, had a good game.

Fonts started and strolled though the game before being replaced by Daz at half time.

Porteous had a smashing game, he played very well and reminds me a lot of Paul Hanlon. I expect much of this laddie, he looked at ease and a very good defender.

Crane played left back first half, and as replaced by Lewis at half time. The laddie done well and was a key part in Swansons goal.

Barts played first half and got tore in. Martin replaced him at half time.

Jermaine Pennant played wide right and played a few nice balls but looked lightweight. Scored a decent goal after a wonder pass from Super John, and was then replaced by Boyler.

Dylan McGeouch had a good first half before making way for Super John.

Danny Swanson scored on his debut and looked hungry. He will score us goals. Replaced by Fraser Murray at half time.

Brian Graham started up front and was pretty poor, I am sorry to say. Simon Murray replaced him at half time, what a difference.

Ollie Shaw looked lost first half, the big Pars defenders bullied him. He looked much better with Simon Cheese String Murray beside him. Took his headed goal very well after a sublime chipped pass from Super John.

The subs and there were many........

Laidlaw had an easy second half.

Lewis dashed up and down the line like a young un. I think his Kirkaldy upbringing ensures he tries extra hard when playing Dunfermline?

Daz took no prisoners, he doesn't though, eh?

Scott Martin sat in Barts role and gave us far more than Marvin for me. I like him, Scott could fill the gap left by Fyvie.

Fraser Murray had 20 minutes of brilliance when he came on, I enjoyed watching this fast attacking left winger. He has something about him.

Boyle scored, again from a great pass from Super John. He gave Hibs a bit of spark.

Super John was ehhh super, three great passes to score all three second half goals. I love John.

Simon Murray was a handful, I think we will like this boy, he never stops running the ball down, chasing and fighting and does it with a good fitba brain. Another player I think will do well for us.

All in all, a good run out and lots and lots of promise. I know the hand wringers are all in a flap, and I can see we are 3 or 4 players away from a really good team, but the one we have is shaping up nicely.

Dunfermline will be a decent team this year I think, some nice fitba but miles behind Hibs in style and ability.

The ref was fine.

I am glad I went straight from work in London this evening, I enjoyed it, especially second half.

I would guess 1500 Hibs fans there, certainly a much bigger support than I expected, given the lack of interest on the bounce. Well done Hibs Fans.

My man of the match was Ryan Porteous, I thoroughly enjoyed watching a young Hibs player play so well in a tough position. He is the new Paul Hanlon, even though the old one is pretty good himself.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Lewis testimonial on Sunday, if ever a player deserved a good turn out, its Lewis.

Hibernian Forever.
    Cheers Mark. Sounds like we were up for it tonight. First games usually a bit crap but this sounds like a good run out. Looking forward tae Sundays Just Back.

Thanks for the report Mark !
    All sounds promising for next season 💚💚

6424 Post(s)
    Are you thinking Mark and @Sir Shrink are a duo?

Very droll.

3185 Post(s)
    Cheers M...
    Its good reading, sounds like Porteous played well. Martin, Murray Shaw and Crane sound very good prospects.
    Also S Murray, id like him to pish on all the bedwetters for the $#@! he took before a ball was even kicked.

Did someone say fitba is back sorry I'm late summer birds u know..........right where's the fixtures . GGTTH.

217 Post(s)
    5712 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    Did someone say fitba is back sorry I'm late summer birds u know..........right where's the fixtures . GGTTH.
    Pumping or pumping Dunfermline, its your own choice ma pal!

6424 Post(s)
    Pumping or pumping Dunfermline, its your own choice ma pal!
    I'm pretty sure Hibs can keep pumping Dunfermline for many many years in the future, so the man probably made the right choice.

How ive missed the Chuckle brothers alright lads!!!! ...........

2516 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    How ive missed the Chuckle brothers alright lads!!!! ...........
    Never play pass the parcel with they two. Pair of cheatin badturts