Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 205

Thread: Jason cummings moves to nottingham forest

  1. #151
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Wonder why it is always undisclosed fees..the clubs are happy for us to invest in them but don't like telling us what they shell out or bring in

  2. #152
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274
    Wish him all the best..he's been a big part of the positive vibe at the club..he'll be missed.

    Will take a bit of getting used to not having Jase about the place.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    I Was There And Went Radge


    Sauzee's Teeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    6,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    vCash
    13392
    Rep Power
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder why it is always undisclosed fees..the clubs are happy for us to invest in them but don't like telling us what they shell out or bring in
    I'd imagine it helps having other clubs not know what we have available to spend on a replacement.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

  4. #154
    Radge Private Member
    Uncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    143
    If he feels ready then we can only thank him for all he's done for Hibs . I think he's chosen the wrong club , hideously unstable and fault lines not going to be corrected overnight by a new owner . I hope his strength of personality can stand up to the pressures but many better strikers have tried and failed there.

    Go, learn, enjoy and come home soon JC.

  5. #155
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen them come and go over the course of many years but still gutted to see the lad go. Be a few broken hearts out there too, if my G/daughters anything to go by.

    Good luck son..... gone but never forgotten.

    Cheers
    Likewise with my daughter heid; met Jase at Fort Kinnaird over Xmas and was made up. Now she's devastated! So am I a wee bit 😢
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  6. #156
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5535 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    The very best of luck Jason, you have been brilliant for Hibs and Hibs have been brilliant for you.

    Will keep an eye on your career.

    You are welcome home anytime.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  7. #157
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he feels ready then we can only thank him for all he's done for Hibs . I think he's chosen the wrong club , hideously unstable and fault lines not going to be corrected overnight by a new owner . I hope his strength of personality can stand up to the pressures but many better strikers have tried and failed there.

    Go, learn, enjoy and come home soon JC.
    I think they certainly have been and who knows, may continue to be unstable, Uncy. My guess is though that the new owner has his head screwed on regarding business (albeit some allegedly dodgy questions about him). He is a completely different kettle of fish to previous owner, Fawaz who was a spoiled little rich boy and had no clue how to run a football club.

    The early signs are good with the new owner putting in an experienced administrative team to run the club straight away, something Fawaz failed at lamentably. He has good experience with Olympiacos FC and he and his team have set realistic goals for the coming season, unlike other seasons where they appear to think they are in the frame for promotion each year without anything much to back it up apart from a glorious past. Looking at their situation dispassionately, I'd tip them to make good steady progress next year both on and off the pitch.

  8. #158
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scottish borders
    Posts
    825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114
    I wish him all the best and thank him for his service to Hibs. I hope he runs riot in Engerland and prove a lot of doubters wrong, give JC service and he will score, no matter what Championship he is playing in.

    Not sure how we are going fill his boots in terms of goal scoring however I am fairly sure Neil Lennon is ahead of the game regarding a new striker/s. 🙏🏻

  9. #159
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    Very sad to see him go. Big player and character. One positive is the deals been done early. Plenty of time to find a replacement.

  10. #160
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd imagine it helps having other clubs not know what we have available to spend on a replacement.


    Maybe yeh

  11. #161
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1775 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    great player for us and sorry to see him go, shocking that he was dropped for about a quarter of league game last season.

    good luck JC, english championship is poor so will probably do alright.
    Last edited by tricky; 17-06-17 at 23:38.
    until the sky turns green

  12. #162
    Radge Private Member

    Green Sleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the early days of a better nation
    Posts
    2,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    great player for us and sorry to see him go, shocking that hew was dropped for about a quarter of league game last season.

    good luck JC, english championship is poor so will probably do alright.
    Prediction: Cummings will start with a flourish, eager to impress his new club, then it'll dawn on Forest that he's never formed a successful partnership with any striker in his career. Even with Malonga it was two guys doing their own thing. By mid November Cummings will be parked on the bench, his career going into a nosedive, and Loafheid will bring in someone else in January window. After being loaned out around various Hickville FCs in two years time JC will come back to Scotland a la Fyvie etc tail between his legs, but too pigheaded to admit he moved south way too soon and should have a gotten a proper season or 2 in SPL under his belt first.

    That said I wish him well for all the good times he helped bring back to Hibs.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    I was asked tonight by a couple of Forest fans if I thought he would go straight into Forest's first team. Interesting question. I'd imagine he might be on the fringe of things at first as they would have a similar problem in how to accommodate him. Britt Assombalonga is the main man at Forest, a £5.5m buy and regular goalscorer. I don't see them working too well as a partnership as they are similar in some ways. Forest fans however, fear that Assomabalonga is going to be sold for a big fee and Jason is being brought in a replacement.

  14. #164
    Hungry Radge



    blue toon hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    PETERHEAD
    Posts
    11,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    468
    Good luck Jason - will be looking out for Forest's results (and scorers) now. Would have preferred you stayed and made your mark on the SPL for a season first but you leave with legendary status nonetheless.

  15. #165
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    I miss big Cumdog already. Hates the Gunts, always a good sign, scored nearly 1 in 2 for us. Massive part of our last few seasons, and a genuinely nice guy. Radge, but I don't think we've had a top class striker in the last 15 years who wasn't, and he's in good company with Leigh, Deek, and GOC.

    Prediction: Will score 12+ goals for Forest next year provided he's given adequate game time and will be looking at a top end Championship club/bottom half Prem club in 2 years time. He knows how to find the net, and you can't teach that.

  16. #166
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,931
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2016 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Joined us a daft gunt boy. Left us as the Hibees top man. Pure radge. Pure Legend.


    It's been a pleasure and a breath of fresh air, watching this admirable young man flourish on and off the park. Fitba could do with more of his ilk I say.


    Swagger on son!

  17. #167
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joined us a daft gunt boy. Left us as the Hibees top man. Pure radge. Pure Legend.


    It's been a pleasure and a breath of fresh air, watching this admirable young man flourish on and off the park. Fitba could do with more of his ilk I say.


    Swagger on son!
    Hear hear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  18. #168
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    422
    Good luck to the laddie

    Let's hope he has a great career and becomes a household name down South.

    I'm looking forward to the movie "Cumdog Millionaire"

  19. #169
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mixed emotions blue toon. Want the boy to do well and go on to greater things but no wi' that fanny as his gaffer.

    Cheers
    What's that you say? Warburton's a fanny?

    Suddenly I feel a song coming on
    GGTTH

  20. #170
    Donator
    HenryLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joined us a daft gunt boy. Left us as the Hibees top man. Pure radge. Pure Legend.


    It's been a pleasure and a breath of fresh air, watching this admirable young man flourish on and off the park. Fitba could do with more of his ilk I say.


    Swagger on son!
    My thoughts exactly.
    so what do I know

  21. #171
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Warburton quoted in the local paper today, referring to the Jason Cummings transfer:

    "That (£1m) figure is wide of the mark, it was not that much money. We will not reveal what it was, but it was not at that level."



    Jason Cummings capture defines Nottingham Forest's transfer policy, says boss Mark Warburton | Nottingham Post

  22. #172
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4210 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Warburton quoted in the local paper today, referring to the Jason Cummings transfer:

    "That (£1m) figure is wide of the mark, it was not that much money. We will not reveal what it was, but it was not at that level."



    Jason Cummings capture defines Nottingham Forest's transfer policy, says boss Mark Warburton | Nottingham Post
    Warburton is a liar.

    Still trying to undermine Hibs. Hope it's not long before he has to put his losers medal in the pawn shop. $#@!*.




    *$#@! is the English equivalent of erse.
    Space to let

  23. #173
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Warburton is a liar.
    Not doubting you Jack but how do you know?

    I'd have thought he's want to play the transfer up not down to the club's own fans.

  24. #174
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    923
    Ties in with the 500k figure that Cummings himself had told one of his mates according to a .net poster.

    Ridiculous if true that we agreed to a clause of that level. Particularly bearing in mind the Peterborough offer (including add ons) which was potentially worth 1.5m plus.

    Cummings signed his new contract with Hibs before the Peterborough bid so I assumed the alleged clause would have been in the contract at that point. How come we could turn down that level of offer......unless Cummings did..

    Too many questions!!

  25. #175
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Hilarious.
    We've got the guy on a long term contract so we sold him for twenty quid.

    Aye.
    OK then.

    Still wearing that hat it seems.

  26. #176
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not doubting you Jack but how do you know?

    I'd have thought he's want to play the transfer up not down to the club's own fans.
    Agreed.

  27. #177
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4210 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not doubting you Jack but how do you know?

    I'd have thought he's want to play the transfer up not down to the club's own fans.
    I think you might have to trust me this.
    Space to let

  28. #178
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274
    All football people lie, or are at least economical with the truth.

    Can't see what reason Warbuton has to lie here..all the 'in excess of £1 million' figures seemed to be coming from Hibs friendly journalists. People close to Jason were saying £500k. It's sounding more and more like the club agreed to a pretty restrictive deal financially to get Jason to sign again this time last Summer. The consequences of failure in gaining promotion would have brought things smartly into focus, so I can see what the motivation was.

    If that is the case it would be nice to be treated like a grown up and told by the club..it seems they are content to put their head in the sand and hope it goes away.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  29. #179
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4579 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Are Forest not in a big pile of financial doo doo?

    Is it possible they don't want creditors to know what they are spending? Or that this is being paid up in installments?

    Football clubs are not far off politicians when it comes to spin, smoke and mirrors.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  30. #180
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1775 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are Forest not in a big pile of financial doo doo?

    Is it possible they don't want creditors to know what they are spending? Or that this is being paid up in installments?

    Football clubs are not far off politicians when it comes to spin, smoke and mirrors.
    do incoming transfer fees appear in Hibs annual accounts?

    won't be any others coming in of note if they do.
    until the sky turns green

  31. #181
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Probably telt Jas it was half a mill and Petrie farmer and Dempsey pocketed the rest😱


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  32. #182
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1017
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably telt Jas it was half a mill and Petrie farmer and Dempsey pocketed the rest😱
    Was believing you right up until you got Dempster's name wrong.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

  33. #183
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was believing you right up until you got Dempster's name wrong.
    It's right, Patries and Formers names urnie though 😂


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  34. #184
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are Forest not in a big pile of financial doo doo?

    Is it possible they don't want creditors to know what they are spending? Or that this is being paid up in installments?

    Football clubs are not far off politicians when it comes to spin, smoke and mirrors.
    No, I don't think they are. The club is being rapidly sorted out from some disarray under the previous owner. They are however, needing to exercise some caution to ensure they don't fall into a transfer embargo situation as they were previously. They have a wealthy new owner with success at Olympiacos and other business pursuits, season ticket sales are well up and they have prize assets in Assombalonga who they paid £5.5M for and could sell for conservatively twice that and young forward, Ben Brereton who looks a real prospect.

  35. #185
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    I guess someone at the club could come out and tell us it was considerably more than a million. If that's the case that is.

  36. #186
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2688 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    691
    I'm not bothered what we got for him,he's away.
    Looking forward to see who we bring in.
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  37. #187
    Space Cadet Radge



    Perthhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    972 Post(s)
    vCash
    10
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I don't think they are. The club is being rapidly sorted out from some disarray under the previous owner. They are however, needing to exercise some caution to ensure they don't fall into a transfer embargo situation as they were previously. They have a wealthy new owner with success at Olympiacos and other business pursuits, season ticket sales are well up and they have prize assets in Assombalonga who they paid £5.5M for and could sell for conservatively twice that and young forward, Ben Brereton who looks a real prospect.
    Not forgetting the selling of burke last season

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  38. #188
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Perthhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not forgetting the selling of burke last season

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Yes, I suspect though that the £13m for Burke went in some way to pay back ex-Chairman Fawaz for the £100+m he put into the club before departing.

  39. #189
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    Anyone seen his comments about signing?

    Says Rangers played us off the park most of the time, battered us and that Warburton was the reason for going.


    I really don't remember it that way at all.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  40. #190
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen his comments about signing?

    Says Rangers played us off the park most of the time, battered us and that Warburton was the reason for going.


    I really don't remember it that way at all.
    Where did you read that, Hammi?

  41. #191
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen his comments about signing?

    Says Rangers played us off the park most of the time, battered us and that Warburton was the reason for going.


    I really don't remember it that way at all.
    Ive not seen that and would be disappointed if that's what he said. You can't really trust journals with quotes though.

    He does have form for blabbing on though .

  42. #192
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    It's here and it's disappointing to say the least.

    "Every time we played against Rangers, it was our hardest game. They did play us off the park the majority of times we played them. They did that to most teams.”

    "They did batter us a few times. I liked the way he got them playing and hopefully we will see the same here.”

    http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottin...ail/story.html





  43. #193
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1848
    Not bothered about the fee and not bothered about Jason bigging up his new manager.

    He was magic for Hibs, that's all I care about.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #194
    Mental Radge
    greensalamander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Portobello
    Posts
    406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen his comments about signing?

    Says Rangers played us off the park most of the time, battered us and that Warburton was the reason for going.


    I really don't remember it that way at all.
    Rangers only beat us twice in the last seven games we played them, both 2-0

    Just checked again, maybe not
    Last edited by greensalamander; 03-07-17 at 20:26. Reason: oops
    “So with out darkest days behind / our ship of hope will steer / and when in doubt just keep in mind / our motto PERSEVERE.”

  45. #195
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scottish borders
    Posts
    825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bothered about the fee and not bothered about Jason bigging up his new manager.

    He was magic for Hibs, that's all I care about.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, what else does anyone expect him to say re Warburton? I couldn't give one jot.

  46. #196
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    I disagree with his assessment. To say they played us off the park most of the time just isn't really true. Granted I can't remember what games were before him and his hat appeared.

    Jase was a terror against them, there's nothing wrong saying he was impressed by warburton and any work he done, but I think there was only one game we didn't compete with them very well at all.

    He'll leave with my best wishes, just like before speaking, I just disagree.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  47. #197
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1017
    He's just moved club and trying to ingratiate himself with the fans and the manager. Every player does it. See the 'big club' comments that are obligatory for every Gunts signing and 'been a fan since boyhood' for Huns and Celtc. It's just part of the script.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

  48. #198
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,931
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2016 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Hibs played the huns 11 times in JC's career. We have won 7 games to their 4. JC scored 8 times against them too. The dafty is doing what all players do. Talk $#@!e.

    15/16
    W 3-2 SCF
    W 3-2 H
    L 4-2 A
    W 2-1 H
    L 1-0 A
    L 6-2 SCC

    14/15
    W 1-0 POH
    L 2-0 POA
    W 2-0 A
    W 4-0 H
    W 3-1 A

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Jason Cummings
    By Davy in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-03-14, 14:44
  2. Jason cummings
    By cat1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-10-13, 11:18
  3. Hibernian 1 Nottingham Forest 2
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-13, 00:40

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •