Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1929 Post(s)
    vCash

Gunt's Last 10 Managers...

...and their win ratios. Most recent first.

Ian Cathro 25%
    Robbie Neilson 58%
    Garry Locke 27%
    John McGlynn 23%
    Paulo Sergio 44%
    Jim Jeffries 40%
    Csaba Lazlo 39%
    Stephen Frail 38%
    Anatoly Korobochka 39%
    Edourd Malofeev 0%

Ooft!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2385 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Cathro will improve Hearts next season, let's face it they can't be much worse than they have been this season since around November. The problem is that they won't be able to satisfy their fans expectations so I don't think he is going to be long term in the job. At the end of the day they just want to beat Hibs and finish above them in the league so if that doesn't happen he will be a total failure in their eyes and he will be out the door pronto.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2625 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Cathro will improve Hearts next season, let's face it they can't be much worse than they have been this season since around November. The problem is that they won't be able to satisfy their fans expectations so I don't think he is going to be long term in the job. At the end of the day they just want to beat Hibs and finish above them in the league so if that doesn't happen he will be a total failure in their eyes and he will be out the door pronto.
    If they lose to us in the 1st Derby then he'll be out i reckon...
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    vCash
    I really can't see him making them any better going on how well he's made them $#@!e in such a short space of time but was obviously backed to the hilt in the January window and signed nine players who are average at best and rank rotten at worst
    He's already lost the support which inevitably leads to loosing the dressing room
    He will get this summer window to sort this and the January window to wave goodbye to the seething get cathro out brigade and he will be away from the gunts and leaving them fighting to stay in the league especially if he brings in more numpties this summer
    I'm not sure how many they have on contact from the season passing but he will also struggle to get rid of any of them

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1582 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I really can't see him making them any better going on how well he's made them $#@!e in such a short space of time but was obviously backed to the hilt in the January window and signed nine players who are average at best and rank rotten at worst
    He's already lost the support which inevitably leads to loosing the dressing room
    He will get this summer window to sort this and the January window to wave goodbye to the seething get cathro out brigade and he will be away from the gunts and leaving them fighting to stay in the league especially if he brings in more numpties this summer
    I'm not sure how many they have on contact from the season passing but he will also struggle to get rid of any of them
    Don't think Cathro the Patsy is gonna last until the new season. There's probably a plane scheduled for a fly past of the PBS as we speak.
    The über Gunt loyal have a view of their club almost on a par with the Huns, both if whom casually forget neither club has the financial doping of the past 30 years to prop them up anymore. It's like watching an Attenborough documentary with them.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1859 Post(s)
    vCash
    IC will want to sign a particular type of player... cultured intelligent.

The PDs like uneducated cloggers

...There may be trouble ahead...
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1859 Post(s)
    vCash
    Terry Butcher 20 points
    Ian Cathro 19 points

Cathro can over take butcher should hearts pump celtic at parkhead at the weekend

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Don't think Cathro the Patsy is gonna last until the new season. There's probably a plane scheduled for a fly past of the PBS as we speak.
    The über Gunt loyal have a view of their club almost on a par with the Huns, both if whom casually forget neither club has the financial doping of the past 30 years to prop them up anymore. It's like watching an Attenborough documentary with them.
    I was thinking the same and thought cathro was a cert to get his good looks before the new season but going on what's been going around on keeckback and the budges statements it looks like he will be in charge for the start of the season at least
    I suppose the next two or three weeks will tell all

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    744 Post(s)
    vCash
    Funny to think they were flying "Neilson Out" banners over the piggery a year ago
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Micro$oft Hating Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)
    vCash
    I doubt Cathro has the ability to improve them. He may be able to stop the slide but he will not turn them into a force to be reckoned with. Hearts are where they are due to their financial constraints and no number of pledges and change of managers is going to change that. Admin II is not far off I reckon.
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4056 Post(s)
    vCash
    What if they have the money?

Save Hearts In Trouble is supposedly bringing in £125,000 a month. The cost of their season tickets is much higher than ours. They've had folk just chucked in £2.5m.

OK I reckon $#@! will take a bit of a hit with shocking results and the extortionate ST prices might put a few off but overall I still think there'll be a very healthy income.

Even if the £3m shortfall is correct their little Budgie will stump up what's needed and add that to the millions they're already due to pay her at 6% interest. It's a nice little earner for her either way.

I also think all this begging bowl stuff is a bit of a smokescreen.
    Space to let

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't know.

Nielson's numbers are inflated by an excellent Championship season, but I happen to think Ian Cathro is a pretty good manager. He's got a modern approach, shows tactical knowledge in some of his decision-making, and is largely being undone by inheriting a team that really isn't his. Yes, they brought in lots of players in January that turned out to be duds, but that almost always happens when you panic-buy in order to arrest a slide. To me, Hearts have a lot of problems that aren't attributable to the dugout:

1) Fan expectation is too high; they're not drastically outspending other clubs (like Hibs), so shouldn't expect drastically better performance.
    2) Their Championship squad wasn't reformed well enough; there are too many players who obviously aren't good enough at this level.
    3) Craig Levein; whether you think he's good or bad, the Director of Football should not have an impact on selection. Levein does.

Hearts, nowadays, should be roughly competitive with Hibs, Aberdeen and (when in the Premiership) Dundee United. That's their level due to fan base, sponsorship expectation, and level of attraction. They're going to underperform at times, overperform at other times, and generally make the top six while being a threat in cup competitions and earning European football with relative consistency.

If their fan base can accept that, they'll be okay. I just reckon too many of them have gotten used to dominating Hibs, and are coming to terms with the end of that.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Looks like he has lost the dressing room too had a bust up in tunnel with one of the players at half time jonnsen or whatever his name is

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4056 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee 1875 View Post
    Looks like he has lost the dressing room too had a bust up in tunnel with one of the players at half time jonnsen or whatever his name is
    "American striker Bjorn Johnsen looks certain to be leaving Hearts this summer following a heated exchange with head coach Ian Cathro that led to the 25-year-old being substituted at the break during Wednesday's defeat by St Johnstone. (Scottish Sun)
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1859 Post(s)
    vCash

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2145 Post(s)
    vCash
    well they seem to have given cathro a vote of confidence over on keekback, so they cant be too complaining when he fails

Cathro go (575 votes [49.36%] - View)
    Cathro stay (590 votes [50.64%] - View)

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bang-on Beagle !. It's incredible but both sets of supporters seem to believe that the last 30 years of their history was no different to the years preceding them - as if both clubs have always operated in 'Big money', or been regarded as a 'Big team' - (this applies only to the Jambos - arguably the Huns are a 'Big team', but only due to the number of bigots they attract) - by the media and opposing supporters. It's almost as if these club's older-supporters, ones who'd experienced the 'Pre-money' years, who should've naturally provided the 'link' between the 'Old & New fan' having experienced 2 contrasting 'sets of fortunes' (winning nothing to winning constantly/more often) were either ignored/struck dumb/mysteriously disappeared or just didn't exist ?. An example is that Jambos seem to think that they've always lorded it over us in the derbies but seem oblivious to the fact that 'The Famous' only won TWO derbies out of the entire 1970's ?. I don't know the overall derby-record but I do know that over the last 30+ years it's been artificially inflated with 'Other people's money' !

I also know that the next 30+ years will NOT in any way, be anything like the last 30+ and the only winner out of that is Hibs and Hibs-supporters !

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4056 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cathro has been having extensive talks with their player of the year. So Jamie Walker, with a year left on his contract, has decided it's time to go.

Surprise surprise sevco are getting excited.

There's a worse than usual smell about this from Scottish Mid Stream Media/ibroke/swinecsstle.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    367 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Cathro has been having extensive talks with their player of the year. So Jamie Walker, with a year left on his contract, has decided it's time to go.

There's a worse than usual smell about this from Scottish Mid Stream Media/ibroke/swinecsstle.
    The gunts best player by a country mile.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Huns have been after Walker for a long time...they won't have the money to buy him though.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

GoGO Back To Forum