Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Holt and five others to leave Hibernian

  1. #1
    Radge Donator



    DarrenSQH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Queensferry/ East Craigs
    Posts
    5,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    195

    Holt Away

    Would have liked to have seen him stay on.

    Thanks for helping us back up big man.

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Saddened by that one; very likeable bloke who I felt was underrated.

    However, it's probably for the best, and one think that's definitely good is to see all this being done at a clip.

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    344
    Saddened by this too, experienced pro who was another who seemed to buy into the club and contribute to the great team spirit we have at present. Also his performances of late seemed to be on an upward curve? On the plus side; must be better coming in.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  4. #4
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    And a few others aswell, Dunsmore thought had a good future but turns out another one that doesn't make it with us, shame.

  5. #5
    Radge Private Member
    Cabbageman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16
    Sad to see him go tbh, good luck big man

    I see Humphrey, Scott Gallacher, Brian McLean and Jamie Insall are away as well

  6. #6
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1492 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Holt would have been on decent money, good move letting him go.

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6545 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saddened by that one; very likeable bloke who I felt was underrated.

    However, it's probably for the best, and one think that's definitely good is to see all this being done at a clip.
    Agreed on all points.

  8. #8
    Bounce Admin's RSS Bot Admin Team's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    19

    Thinking Holt and five others to leave Hibernian

    Striker Grant Holt and five other players will leave Hibernian when their contracts end this summer, the club confirm.

    More...

  9. #9
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3389 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2093
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saddened by that one; very likeable bloke who I felt was underrated.

    However, it's probably for the best, and one think that's definitely good is to see all this being done at a clip.
    Sums it up for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  10. #10
    The Hibee Radge



    Daddy 'O' Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    181
    This big fella is proper pro, great team player, good for the dressing room and a role model for the younger players. He's a winner and will make a very good manager in the near future. I'm very content with how quickly we are dealing with things, few twists to come for sure.

  11. #11
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1354
    Cheers big guy, a few important goals that helped us gain promotion. Good luck!


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    I thought he had a good end to the season. I also thought we may have tried to keep him for another year. A very likeable guy.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!


  13. #13
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2485 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he had a good end to the season. I also thought we may have tried to keep him for another year. A very likeable guy.
    Holt really started to hit form towards the end of the season as you say. He was a good player with lots of experience from playing at a high level in his career. He also turned the SC semi-final around for us when he came on (He really should have started that game). The sort of player he is I feel is essential in the modern game and we will definitely need someone else in who can do the same "lead the line" job. Hibs did try to keep him as they offered him a new deal but for whatever reason he has chosen to reject it and head back south.

    Thanks for the goals and some great performances Holty !
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holt really started to hit form towards the end of the season as you say. He was a good player with lots of experience from playing at a high level in his career. He also turned the SC semi-final around for us when he came on (He really should have started that game). The sort of player he is I feel is essential in the modern game and we will definitely need someone else in who can do the same "lead the line" job. Hibs did try to kep him as they offered him a new deal but for whatever reason he has chosen to reject it and head back south.

    Thanks for the goals and some great performances Holty !
    Hes probably chosen to go back down to be with his family again and he will more than likely end up at Norwich or a club around there as a coach

  15. #15
    Nutty Radge
    westsidehibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    livi
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    39
    Played better at the end of the season but for me quite happy he isn't staying

    - - - Updated - - -

  16. #16
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5647 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3721
    Good luck Grant, a character, but was pretty poor for parts of the season, improved his own game latter part of the season and helped Jase develop.

    Thanks for you efforts.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  17. #17
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1831 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    786
    thanks for all your efforts and derby goal big man..

    came across well as a person, seemed sound.

    imagine Lennon will have another big unit in mind
    until the sky turns green

  18. #18
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6403 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2654
    Bit of a wide **** that excelled at winding up the opposition.
    Funny to watch, but well past his best at Hibs.
    Thanks for your contribution Grant.
    Hope you enjoyed your great adventure with us.

  19. #19
    Coffee Shop Radge

    HaarlemShuffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Haarlem on the Spaarne, Holland
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit of a wide **** that excelled at winding up the opposition.
    Funny to watch, but well past his best at Hibs.
    Thanks for your contribution Grant.
    Hope you enjoyed your great adventure with us.
    Yep rarely has one man done so little but so late for so few for such little reason but well and whatsoever, so fair go tae the man Holt! May his paypacket match his paunch wherever he may end up!
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6545 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    It's interesting that Holt has been posting plenty on his Twitter account but nothing about leaving... just reading between the lines I'm sure he wanted to stay and is perhaps disappointed.

  21. #21
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    661
    What out of contract players are left because it suggests to me they will mostly be staying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    355
    Hopefully that's the pay oafs done and dusted at East mains, I would be happy to keep who we have /had now
    Last edited by Stanton Spence; 13-05-17 at 21:55.

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What out of contract players are left because it suggests to me they will mostly be staying Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fyvie, Boyle & Fontaine im sure.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!


  24. #24
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fyvie, Boyle & Fontaine im sure.
    Would be happy enough to retain all 3 of them TBH, what's the script with Shinnie had he returned to Birmingham?
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  25. #25
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2485 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be happy enough to retain all 3 of them TBH, what's the script with Shinnie had he returned to Birmingham?
    Read somewhere that Shinnie was back at Birmingham and Hibs wouldn't be trying to get him back.

    Boyle, Fontaine and Fyvie we are still awaiting news on all three. I think Boyle will sign a new deal but I am less sure about Fraser Fyvie and Liam Fontaine. Would prefer if all three stayed to be honest.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Parker and holt want hibernian to be on their game
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum Club Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-02-17, 17:20
  2. Holt
    By The Family in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-12-16, 16:16
  3. [BBC NewsFeed] Striker Holt signs deal with Hibernian
    By Admin Team in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-06-16, 18:30
  4. Grant holt joins hibernian
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum Club Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-06-16, 17:40

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •