Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash

We Need To Talk About The Bounce

What is it? What is wrong in these magical times? What is wrong with you full stop?

SuperJohn wins an award and no one sees fit to acknowledge it?

Look at him. Proud as punch.

$#@!in Bounce....

I'll respect ye son.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is it? What is wrong in these magical times? What is wrong with you full stop?SuperJohn wins an award and no one sees fit to acknowledge it? Look at him. Proud as punch. $#@!in Bounce....I'll respect ye son.
    Brilliant achievement for oor John! Personally I think Darren McGregor was more deserving considering the season he has had. John McGinn is the golden child of Scottish football just now and if someone does come calling I'm sure they'll need to offer a good bit more than the reported 1.5 million.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    FFS somebody give him some love and respect FFS!!!

Just imagine if he looks in:dunno
    :
    $#@!in shan movies likes. And I hate every one of youz, Shame. Heid. Hang it. Might be my last haverings...

Arseholes.

Well done John.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    What is it? What is wrong in these magical times? What is wrong with you full stop?

SuperJohn wins an award and no one sees fit to acknowledge it?

Look at him. Proud as punch.

$#@!in Bounce....

I'll respect ye son.
    Well done John, we are privelidged t have you on board. I think he knows the Hibee family has much love for him. He is after all , better than Zidane.

On the subject of the bounce , as much as it's still a great place , and one of first vists whenever I log on , I don't post as often because it's mainly about dozen or so people who reply to each other , so sometimes you make what you feel is a valid point, or at least one worthy of discussion and it goes without reply . So over time , you begin to think what's the point, I will keep my opinion to myself.
    This is not a complaint , it's still as I said a special place , just an opinion on your observation.

You canny beat an early morning post fi the beefster likes p

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    Well done John, we are privelidged t have you on board. I think he knows the Hibee family has much love for him. He is after all , better than Zidane.

On the subject of the bounce , as much as it's still a great place , and one of first vists whenever I log on , I don't post as often because it's mainly about dozen or so people who reply to each other , so sometimes you make what you feel is a valid point, or at least one worthy of discussion and it goes without reply . So over time , you begin to think what's the point, I will keep my opinion to myself.
    This is not a complaint , it's still as I said a special place , just an opinion on your observation.

Ooh ma heid! Apologies for calling awkant an arsehole, I just got a wee bit hysterical due to a vanilla vodka frenzy. I just couldnae believe that no one saw fit to acknowledge SuperJohn.

Yer right about the Bounce though. It's obviously nearly ran it's race, no matter how much pleading.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4679 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ooh ma heid! Apologies for calling awkant an arsehole, I just got a wee bit hysterical due to a vanilla vodka frenzy. I just couldnae believe that no one saw fit to acknowledge SuperJohn. Yer right about the Bounce though. It's obviously nearly ran it's race, no matter how much pleading.
    Nearly ran its race? Nah, I wouldn't go that far beefy lad. I know this place has quietened down a lot and it'll probably be very quiet over the summer due to no Euros or World Cup but I think we'll survive.Put it this way - its way better than Taliban.net. Far too many users, too many duplicate threads, FAR too many threads talking $#@!e - "How many season tickets will we have to sell to buy Leigh Griffiths" WTF?? I'll keep to the Bounce thank you very much.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well done SJM.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Nearly ran its race? Nah, I wouldn't go that far beefy lad. I know this place has quietened down a lot and it'll probably be very quiet over the summer due to no Euros or World Cup but I think we'll survive.Put it this way - its way better than Taliban.net. Far too many users, too many duplicate threads, FAR too many threads talking $#@!e - "How many season tickets will we have to sell to buy Leigh Griffiths" WTF?? I'll keep to the Bounce thank you very much.
    Saw that one yesterday, some people are too deluded for words

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash

From what I've seen on the internet he is indeed exactly the something special in midfield we'd been missing since I dunno, maybe Zemmama?

To respond to your other point - aye it is frustrating when you make a good point and nobody seems to even read it- but that's you falling into the trap of 21st century social media culture. You need to stop giving a feck whether anybody likes your tweet / post / gram / snappychat. As long as you know it was good then that's all that matters. And probs there's a fair chance a fair few folk did read it and agreed with you. If you really need someone to acknowledge then add a photo and Shrink will have something to say.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vasco de gama View Post
    From what I've seen on the internet he is indeed exactly the something special in midfield we'd been missing since I dunno, maybe Zemmama?

To respond to your other point - aye it is frustrating when you make a good point and nobody seems to even read it- but that's you falling into the trap of 21st century social media culture. You need to stop giving a feck whether anybody likes your tweet / post / gram / snappychat. As long as you know it was good then that's all that matters. And probs there's a fair chance a fair few folk did read it and agreed with you. If you really need someone to acknowledge then add a photo and Shrink will have something to say.
    I read ALL the posts on here.

Hardly any pics though. No wonder the place is deserted; all the ex-regulars are following MixuDave and looking at large breasted women.

Apparently.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash

Your kinda missing my point a bit I think. Beefy alluded to the lack of posts on here, I just suggested that maybe because the lack of interaction people tend to just read on here rather than post. It' then becomes a viscious circle ( in the lack posters ). I don't crave likes or whatever , but there ain't much point talking to yourself is there?

I don't always agree with myself for a start

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Your kinda missing my point a bit I think. Beefy alluded to the lack of posts on here, I just suggested that maybe because the lack of interaction people tend to just read on here rather than post. It' then becomes a viscious circle ( in the lack posters ). I don't crave likes or whatever , but there ain't much point talking to yourself is there?

I've got you on 'ignore' so I can't reply.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash

My main point is that if when posting your main motivation is getting a response then the games a bogey to start with. By that I mean you will temper your input to being the kinda thing you think will get a response rather than being your real thoughts. I think a lot of the 'regular' posters fall into that trap with posts that are kinda like chit chat between mates (even though I'm guessing many of them never even met before) and as you suggest that kinda chat can put others off posting. There's been threads about that kinda issue before and it used to be that folk were pulled up for things falling into that territory. I guess the problem is demarcation of that - my banter about Shrink wanting to see pics of Buckie's wife, or any female really, is I think ok but when things descend into 'alright mate no seen you for ages' followed by a bunch of posts about meeting up for a pint then that's stuff that should be PMs.

Good points and opinions do get ignored often but I reckon if you make them often enough you will get a response - look at the responses 1875s game reports get, genuine stuff about Hibs will get a response but gash like 'how many seasons do we have to sell to buy Griffiths' would likely get ignored. The bounce will always be what you make of it. Put in quality stuff and then it will stay alive and prosper again. If that doesn't happen it'll be sad - I'v really enjoyed a lot of the stuff both about Hibs and other stuff on the cowshed over the years. Not sure where I'd get that kinda chat if the bounce ended. You'd think though that with the attendances this season there'd be more folk with stuff to say about the team than there has been.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    Vasco my point was about super John Mcginn winning an award and not one single post about his achievement. 24 hours later!There is apathy and then there is what's the $#@!in point? If you think it's about me wanting reply s or likes n' that then yer barking up the wrong tree ma man. I have cleared pubs with my bull$#@! patter and slaverings and I still don't give a funk who's listening or not. I'll still be there spraffin $#@!e

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4679 Post(s)
    vCash
    Vasco my point was about super John Mcginn winning an award and not one single post about his achievement. 24 hours later!There is apathy and then there is what's the $#@!in point? If you think it's about me wanting reply s or likes n' that then yer barking up the wrong tree ma man. I have cleared pubs with my bull$#@! patter and slaverings and I still don't give a funk who's listening or not. I'll still be there spraffin $#@!eSent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but as Vasco quoted Tayside Hibee, I'm guessing he was replying to his point - rather than your eloquently written opening post.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    845 Post(s)
    vCash
    Without being dramatic, I rely on the Bounce for my Hibs-related chat while I'm in the Netherlands.

I see a lot of games by being sneaky online, but sometimes there just isn't a way to see the game and 'Just Back' is something I look for following every outing whether I saw it or not. I do accept that a lot of guys on here know each other personally, a link I don't have to them, but that's the case on a lot of smaller communities - particularly ones as geographically centred as a football team. I don't especially like everyone, everyone doesn't especially like me, but that's how life is - you can't get on with everyone all the time, especially if you're an opinionated individual who's convinced he's always right.

It's a shame if the Bounce starts to struggle, as I was also a member of the Mass Hibsteria forum before it collapsed and I don't want to spend any time on hibs.net. I don't like it. But I do think the smaller membership here potentially means that a lot of the online discussions happen in an Easter Road boozer, and what's presented here is the aftermath that pissed folk forgot to mention at the time. That could be bollocks, but sometimes that's how it feels.

Meh, maybe it's just what you want from a forum. I'd like a smaller community of chatty people, and I'm lucky to have that with a religious community I administrate for, but that's a hugely different topic set.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Vasco my point was about super John Mcginn winning an award and not one single post about his achievement. 24 hours later!There is apathy and then there is what's the $#@!in point? If you think it's about me wanting reply s or likes n' that then yer barking up the wrong tree ma man. I have cleared pubs with my bull$#@! patter and slaverings and I still don't give a funk who's listening or not. I'll still be there spraffin $#@!e

I enjoy the $#@!e you spraff usually and its clear you march to the beat of your own drum and don't really care what others think but I'm guessing there's a fair few lurkers on here that are a little more reserved.

I'm like Zellviren in that I rely on the bounce for Hibs news and in this case it wasn't until you posted it that I knew he'd won the award. What I'm saying to Tayside is that even if you think some Hibs news may be a bit mundane and not likely to get the chit chat stuff going it is still worth posting (unless its some guff about selling season tickets so we can sign Sparky). Of course McGinn winning player of the year is not mundane but perhaps some folk thought it 'too obvious' to post - thing is nothing that is real Hibs news is too obvious cos the majority of the sports news outlets don't cover Hibs stories unless it is about fans running on the pitch or ex players getting speeding tickets.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb Super John!

Bounce is quieter these days...few radges need noised up! 😉
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's a shame that it's quieter and if it ever dried up that would me done with 'social media' - I don't have Facebook and am uninterested in it, and twitter just leaves me with a wtf...

I like everybody on here and it feels like a community, and full of folk who have their heads screwed on even when they disagree. I've no interest in sharing what I had for tea with the internet and this is the only forum i have any interest in participating in.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    It's a shame that it's quieter and if it ever dried up that would me done with 'social media' - I don't have Facebook and am uninterested in it, and twitter just leaves me with a wtf...

I like everybody on here and it feels like a community, and full of folk who have their heads screwed on even when they disagree. I've no interest in sharing what I had for tea with the internet and this is the only forum i have any interest in participating in.
    It is definitely quieter these days M and it is a great shame. I remember when I was in hospital a few years ago I had a long discussion with you [can't recall what about] and it was around 1 in the morning. One of was probably drunk and spraffing pish and the other was probably on morphine and spraffing pish but the point was that even at that time of the morning there was someone on here you could have a discussion/argument with and it feels great when the place is like that. Nowadays you can wait for hours at prime time for people to post anything.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2483 Post(s)
    vCash

I'm more or less the same..

I enjoy the Bounce and have posted regularly now for about 14 years...bloody hell. I don't know anybody personally who posts on the Bounce but I like reading people's opinions on all things Hibs and occasionally in the Cowshed. I don't like arguing (don't see any point to it) and I'm not much into debating. I tend to just state my opinion on things and if people like what I say then fine..if they don't that's fine as well. Football is an emotional game which engenders strong feelings and opinions. Same with some of the more controversial subjects discussed in the Cowshed. I've actually learnt a lot over the years from reading the Bounce. There are some superb contributors but unfortunately I have noticed fewer and fewer of them posting regularly these days if at all which is a shame. I've no idea why that has happened to be honest.

Like you I have absolutely no interest in Twitter or any other social media to be honest. I have to admit though I do have a Facebook account although I never debate or post anything on it. I only really have a FB account so that people who are struggling to get in touch with me for any reason can message me. Apart from that I never use it. I don't like Hibs.net very much and only occasionally drop in there to see if there are any signing rumours or anything like that. Really hope the Bounce goes on for years to come. The admins do a fine job.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 11-05-17 at 00:17.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash

The Hibs website has long trailed behind the various web-based fan sites and the bounce is still the one that does it for me.

Point of order, you have definitely contributed to a great many great sandwich stylee debates on the cowshed.

I try to use Facebook like a blog but not many are interested in my book reviews, instead they wanted pictures of my kids looking cute. I still persevere with book, film, and music reviews to every dwindling responses. Think a lot of it really confuses the American friends I have made.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    The Hibs website has long trailed behind the various web-based fan sites and the bounce is still the one that does it for me.

Point of order, you have definitely contributed to a great many great sandwich stylee debates on the cowshed.

I try to use Facebook like a blog but not many are interested in my book reviews, instead they wanted pictures of my kids looking cute. I still persevere with book, film, and music reviews to every dwindling responses. Think a lot of it really confuses the American friends I have made.
    It's a fair cop. And sandwich and condiment threads are honestly my favourites. I love North American street food, and it's one cuisine - if you can call it that - that the UK cannot match, even in London (albeit my experience is limited)

I'd argue it's different than sharing your meal as an example of sharing / showing off every pishy thing you do, which is what I was aiming at!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6533 Post(s)
    vCash
    The Bounce is part of my family.

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    vCash
    I just had an apricot jam sandwich.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    Look at everybody spraffin noo...
    And still super John only gets a passing mention or two!! Sheesh kebabage!

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    It is definitely quieter these days M and it is a great shame. I remember when I was in hospital a few years ago I had a long discussion with you [can't recall what about] and it was around 1 in the morning. One of was probably drunk and spraffing pish and the other was probably on morphine and spraffing pish but the point was that even at that time of the morning there was someone on here you could have a discussion/argument with and it feels great when the place is like that. Nowadays you can wait for hours at prime time for people to post anything.
    Did he make more sense through the prism of opiates?

GoGO Back To Forum