Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: So What Players Are Leaving?

  1. #1
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6539 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847

    So What Players Are Leaving?

    Yesterday was a bit emotional, as not only was it a celebration and relief of our club getting back to where we should be, I think it was knowing a few players we've grown to love may well be leaving.

    There's players the club will want to move on to free up wages that are either out of contract or still under contract and players the club will want to keep but may be forced to lose that are out of contract or under contract.

    I think we will let Harris and Humphrey go.

    I think we would be mad to let Gray, Fyvie and Boyle go. I fear two or all three of them will go...

    I hope the club can persuade McGinn and Cummings to stay at least one more year. However, if they are to leave in Rod and Leeann we trust as offers such as the ridiculous suggested £1.5 Million from Celtc for SJM needs treated with the contempt it deserves.

    Others?

  2. #2
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday was a bit emotional, as not only was it a celebration and relief of our club getting back to where we should be, I think it was knowing a few players we've grown to love may well be leaving.

    There's players the club will want to move on to free up wages that are either out of contract or still under contract and players the club will want to keep but may be forced to lose that are out of contract or under contract.

    I think we will let Harris and Humphrey go.

    I think we would be mad to let Gray, Fyvie and Boyle go. I fear two or all three of them will go...

    I hope the club can persuade McGinn and Cummings to stay at least one more year. However, if they are to leave in Rod and Leeann we trust as offers such as the ridiculous suggested £1.5 Million from Celtc for SJM needs treated with the contempt it deserves.

    Others?
    Humphrey was only here until the end of the season. Don't think he'll get offered a new deal. Deadwood like Harris, Handling and Stanton should all be moved on. Not good enough for Hibs, far more talented laddies released in the past. They've had their chance IMO.

    I think Fyvie and Boyle will stay. Not sure about Gray but if he did move on he'd be a fool sign for the Jambos. Surely it makes sense to work with a renowned coach and not a novice like Cathro. They are falling apart, 10 defeats in 19 says it all. Even if he was paid more...

    My guess is Cummings and McGinn will both leave. As you say our job will be to ensure we get a reasonable fee. With McGinn a full international, Scottish Cup and Championship winner + 2 years remaining I'd expect no less than £3.5 million unless we can do some kind of deal to get Henderson plus cash. With Cummings I think at least £3 million would be fair, don't think he is the right type of player for Celtic. Maybe an English team.

  3. #3
    Bounce Flag Co-Owner



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    328
    Heard a very wild rumour that Celtic might take SJM and then loan him back to us. Treat it with a pinch of salt but a nice thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Nutty Radge
    westsidehibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    livi
    Posts
    662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    39
    Just can't see why celtic would go for John he wouldn't get a game for them .
    I would think they would be looking for bigger and better things tbh.

  5. #5
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6399 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2654
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard a very wild rumour that Celtic might take SJM and then loan him back to us. Treat it with a pinch of salt but a nice thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So he couldn't play against the Smellies?

    No ta.
    Nice thought for them maybe, but no advantage to Hibs that I can see.

  6. #6
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4689 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he couldn't play against the Smellies?No ta.Nice thought for them maybe, but no advantage to Hibs that I can see.
    Why couldn't he play against Celtc?

  7. #7
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6399 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2654
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why couldn't he play against Celtc?
    A loan player can't play against parent club as far as I know.
    Also, you can only take one player from club in same league so still no advantage to Hibs and it could stop us getting Leigh on loan.

  8. #8
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6539 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A loan player can't play against parent club as far as I know.
    Also, you can only take one player from club in same league so still no advantage to Hibs and it could stop us getting Leigh on loan.
    I'm not sure Leigh will be part of Brendan's plans and I'm pretty sure Leigh will not be happy being a bit part player.

    Would be amazing if we could get him and Liam home even if it means losing SJM.

  9. #9
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4689 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A loan player can't play against parent club as far as I know.Also, you can only take one player from club in same league so still no advantage to Hibs and it could stop us getting Leigh on loan.
    I believe you're first sentence is incorrect. There is no such 'rule' - this is something that the clubs decide between themselves. Obviously Celtc would be mad not to request this stipulation but they don't have to.

  10. #10
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2814
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you're first sentence is incorrect. .
    I know where this is going
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  11. #11
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1540 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you're first sentence is incorrect. There is no such 'rule' - this is something that the clubs decide between themselves. Obviously Celtc would be mad not to request this stipulation but they don't have to.
    http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__ther...1420461886.pdf

    Page 110-115


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1831 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know where this is going
    are you thinking of a certain left back playing against Hibs in the cup a few years back...shambles
    until the sky turns green

  13. #13
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4689 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1366
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__ther...1420461886.pdfPage 110-115Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I stand corrected.

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6539 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    James Keatings joins Dundee United. Confirmed by Dundee United. Best wishes Keats.

  15. #15
    Bounce Flag Co-Owner



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    328
    Bye James. Probably best for all concerned although I don't think he ever got the rub of the green this season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Radge Private Member
    Cabbageman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16
    Played a part in us winning both the Scottish Cup and the Championship with some important goals, hope it works out well for him.

    Good luck James!

  17. #17
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    It's not looking good for Fyvie or Boyle.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  18. #18
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6399 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2654
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not looking good for Fyvie or Boyle.
    Wait a minute...................... are there two Boyles?

    Did you not say he'd signed?


  19. #19
    I Was There And Went Radge


    Sauzee's Teeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    6,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    vCash
    13392
    Rep Power
    621
    Lennon just said live on BT Sport that Liam Fontaine has signed a new deal.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

  20. #20
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait a minute...................... are there two Boyles?

    Did you not say he'd signed?

    Mayb something to do with his drink driving mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon just said live on BT Sport that Liam Fontaine has signed a new deal.
    Great news.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  21. #21
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4251 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mayb something to do with his drink driving mate.
    That's shan!

    Ok he was 3 times the limit next morning (how $#@!ing much do you need to drink the previous night to manage that?) but I think even the judge has looked on it with considerable leniency by giving him the normal minimum.

    If it was repeated behaviour aye let him go or bin him but as far as I'm aware it's a first offence.
    Space to let

  22. #22
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's shan!

    Ok he was 3 times the limit next morning (how $#@!ing much do you need to drink the previous night to manage that?) but I think even the judge has looked on it with considerable leniency by giving him the normal minimum.

    If it was repeated behaviour aye let him go or bin him but as far as I'm aware it's a first offence.
    Not saying this is definitely happening Jack.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  23. #23
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Not exactaly the best way for a professional sportsman to behave imo

  24. #24
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5644 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3721
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    love Font's...he gets Hibs big time

    Cheers
    He does, but he is not great.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  25. #25
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    love Font's...he gets Hibs big time

    Cheers
    He really does, good business by Hibs signing up an experienced defender who is a good player to have around the squad.

    Fyvie is a decent player and seems to have a winning attitude, but he can be replaced should he decide to leave.

    Boyle is also a decent player, another who gets Hibs, but I'm not convinced he's good enough for a top 6 Premiership team and may be better off looking for regular first team (as Keatings has done).

  26. #26
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6399 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2654
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying this is definitely happening Jack.
    Can't see what difference it would make if he already signed the contract.

  27. #27
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6539 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does, but he is not great.
    Decent squad player but I agree with you if second is the target we need better...

  28. #28
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2072 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1886
    Fonts is well decent. He can go through bad patches but when he's on form he is dependable and solid. And he takes no $#@! off no-one. I'm well glad he has signed up.

    We can't have enough strong characters...

  29. #29
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1354
    Good enough defender and if Lennon can stop him launching everything he might be worth keeping.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  30. #30
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't see what difference it would make if he already signed the contract.
    I was told he was signing, although it hasn't been yet.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Will there be players leaving from Monday?
    By Bambino in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-08-10, 00:48
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-02-10, 20:11
  3. Players Leaving?
    By Smurf in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 20-08-09, 23:34
  4. Players leaving and petrie saying nothing
    By Jai_edinburgh in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-06-07, 22:02
  5. Four players leaving
    By Hibs_no1 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-08-06, 20:24

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •