Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that will do just fine....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5703 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that will do just fine....

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Hughes, and the hacking jambo fuds from Fife.

My evening started well, I popped into the Hibs club for a pre match pint of black gold, I was presented with a couple of St Pats mugs, for these very witterings, rather smashing they are too. Thank you St Pats, very much appreciated. I then had a quick blether with my Wicklow based pal Kevin Egan, who grandad played for Hibs, along with Nabser from Waterford, another good Hibby and liverpool fan who is 50 today. Happy Birthday you Kopite Gobshite. One of the Groningen lads was also over, so it was an international wee group.

To cap it off, at 16.30 I received a message from a school pal I had not seen for over 30 years, who now lives in New Hampshire in the US of A. He was only coming along with his three kids ot watch the Hibs tonight. A quick pint of the black stuff and they joined us in the West Satnd to watch a weird Hibs set up beat a guntish Raith. Not sure my pals kids Brandon, Caroline and Iain enjoyed the match that much, but Brandons now kens how to swear in Scots. Wear those Hibs hats and scarfs with pride guys.

So to the team, well, it certainly had been tweaked, indeed Neil had tweaked the erse out of it, only two first team regulars, Shinnie (Captain) and Efe started in a 3 5 2 ish shape.

We lined up with Laidlaw, a back three of Efe, Jordon and McLean, a midfield of Humphrey right, Boozy left, Martin and Murray in the middle and Shinnie in behind Graham and Keats up front.

We actually started well and might have been 2 or 3 up before Raith really woke up and when Keats scored the first, I expected we might just scud big Dafty and his gunts. They came back into it and after a mistake in midfield from I think Martin, saw them equalise. Holty came on and put us back in the lead with a well timed run (yes run). Another mistake, this time by the ref when a Raith player who looked 5 feet off ran through and beat Laidlaw. But lady luck was with us, we got a free kick 1 metre outside the box in the last minute which James Keatings cooly slotted away. The B Team had beat Rudy's team. Get that right up ye Skatcel.

The Team

Laidlaw had no chance at either goal. He is a good back up keeper.

Efe was good but made a couple of Efe Errors which might have cost us.

McLean was big and strong, a decent back up.

Forster was fine but is rather prone to a mistake.

Martin was excellent, he really made an impression, but then he often does when given a chance, shows no fear.

Murray was also excellent, really looked the part in only his second start for the first team. I liked the look of him, good, clever midfielder with no fear either.

Humphries looks unfit and only beat his man a handful of times.

Boozy was starved of services a lot of the game as they fed Humphrey. When he did get it he didnt do enough for me.

Shinnie was made captain but whilst he had a couple of decent first half efforts, he didn't do too much.

Keats started, scored two, his second was a find 20 yarder into the bottom corner. Otherwise I felt he didnt offer very much for large parts of the game.

Graham drifted in and out but didnae bring much to the table.

Subs

Barts came on for Shinnie with about 15 minutes to go and done just fine. He solidified us.

Holt then came on for Graham, scored, might of had a penalty had there been an even semi competent referee and once again brought something to the game.

Murray was replaced by the very decent Mackie with a couple of minutes to go and was applauded from the field by the appreciative Hibs fans. Mackie came on and done very well in the short time he was given too.

Lenny warned us of changes, I doubt any of us expected so many, but we had some nuggets of gold in the performances of Martin and Murray and the cameo by Mackie. Keats scored two which will give him confidence. As I said, the B team beat Raith of Midlothian tonight, which is nice. Ye can blame Gary $#@! Yogi.

The referee was hopeless, how he booked Hibs players for their first challenge then ignored near assaults for Raith players is beyond me. Well it isnae, but I dinnae want to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

I said before I have a soft spot for Raith, Turnbull Hutton was a great man, but they are now lead by Yogi and he has a band of wee Gunt fannies at this club. You think we didnae notice all the guntish fuds not applauding the Hibs players onto the field, well we did and the last minute winning goal was to ram it up you disrepectful classless gorgie gonads. For those that doubt this, take a look at the photo on the BBC and see them in all their glory, hands behind their backs, dreaming of Rudy. You night to have a right good clearout Yogi, it stinks of Gorgie.

13,000 plus surprised me, but it was a quiet night from the terraces. I dont expect many Hibs fans at Ayr?

Man of the match was for me, the same as the match sponsors, Fraser Murray, closely followed by Scott Martin. Well played lads.

See you behind the Goals

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was good to catch up Mark and a victory too. 8am flight back to Dublin tomorrow then a 3 hour bus journey back home to Wexford. Worth every minute though. GGTTH.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers as usual for the report @1875, I don't get to games now [despite having a seaspn ticket] due to a couple of arthritic hips so I look forward to your offerings more than usual. Nice to hear you had a good day out with a few pals from around the globe. I hope you enjoyed it mate, you deserve it.

If anyone wants my ST [East Stand] for the final home game against the buddies they are welcome to it.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report once again 1875, this is the last game of the season for me so I would appreciate you pitching up for the last 2 Two main things that stuck out for me were, the lack of respect for the guard of honour by a large contingent of the Raith team(phukkthem hope they get relegated) and Fraser Murray , I thought that he was a couple of years away at least, after seeing him in the dev squad....I was wrong. Disappointed that the season is coming to an end , ggtth.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    Looking at that team tonight I'd be concerned if too many of them stay even as back up. If we have desires to build a good squad some of the deadwood will need to be trimmed. As you said really liked the young boys effort, appetite and ability for me they were in stark contrast to a few of our journeymen players treading water.

Hibs need to have many more players for whom Hibs is not the pinnacle of their career. I have seen us sign too many players who have not gone on to do anything after Hibs. It's good to have a few guys who are Hibs through and through - MacGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson to name a few, but we really need to sign players who can carve out careers in England or abroad. Tonight I felt I was watching too many guys with no real hunger to step up, guys who have talent, but little drive. For the club to move forward we have to have guys with the hunger to play in the top half of the EPL. The guys tonight were given a chance to shine in a no pressure game, a few hid.
    Erin Go Bragh

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report as this was the first and only home match I have missed this season..
    Good to see Hibs winning with such a young team full of fringe players and development players.
    Great to hear Fraser Murray and Scott Martin doing so well..hopefully two regular first teamers in the near future.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2206 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers as usual for the report @1875, I don't get to games now [despite having a seaspn ticket] due to a couple of arthritic hips so I look forward to your offerings more than usual. Nice to hear you had a good day out with a few pals from around the globe. I hope you enjoyed it mate, you deserve it.

If anyone wants my ST [East Stand] for the final home game against the buddies they are welcome to it.
    be happy to take it..ill be buying a couple anyway but i usually take foreign volunteers from work when i can, and 22 quid times 2 is getting quite pricey

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Great report once again 1875, this is the last game of the season for me so I would appreciate you pitching up for the last 2 Two main things that stuck out for me were, the lack of respect for the guard of honour by a large contingent of the Raith team(phukkthem hope they get relegated) and Fraser Murray , I thought that he was a couple of years away at least, after seeing him in the dev squad....I was wrong. Disappointed that the season is coming to an end , ggtth.
    suppose we need to be careful worrying about that. We didnt (rightly) give sevco one last year. I dunno what the whole guard of honour thing is about anyway, it aint rugby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    be happy to take it..ill be buying a couple anyway but i usually take foreign volunteers from work when i can, and 22 quid times 2 is getting quite pricey

- - - Updated - - -

suppose we need to be careful worrying about that. We didnt (rightly) give sevco one last year. I dunno what the whole guard of honour thing is about anyway, it aint rugby!
    No probs mate its yours. PM me your address and I will either send it to you or if you live in Edinburgh I might be able to drop it in to your house.

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Humphrey kind of impressed me last night. Obviously not match fit but some decent touches and some superb crosses.

Alex Harris was posted absolutely missing second half. The guy has no desire or heart. A wee bit like Shinnie.

The two young guys Martin and Murray were very impressive.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I also wasn't there last night I have a new bird after many years of being single by choice and no shrink no photos. So a dilemma presented itself dinner , perfume , a wee embrace or Easter Road . Sorry blokes I failed.
    May I also add my grateful thanks to 1875 for his just back this season it truly is all part of my Hibernian day out.
    Right where's ma socks.....

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought Humphries looked good. The two crosses he put in first 5 minutes are exactly what we've been missing. He tired second half but still did well. I'd play him every game with a view to offering him a contract next season.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Thought Humphries looked good. The two crosses he put in first 5 minutes are exactly what we've been missing. He tired second half but still did well. I'd play him every game with a view to offering him a contract next season.
    Agreed on playing him in the next two games to see how he does.

What's your thoughts on Harris and Shinnie last night?

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    I also wasn't there last night I have a new bird after many years of being single by choice and no shrink no photos.
    I'm sure you've been single by choice.
    The question is, was it your choice or the choice of many many women..............

No photos............. disappointing.

If you manage to take the relationship 'to the next level' you may be able to throw them away.
    They must be like cardboard by now anyway.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Agreed on playing him in the next two games to see how he does.

What's your thoughts on Harris and Shinnie last night?
    Harris was played well out of position, he's no wing back. But not great.

Shinnie was fairly anonymous, which would surprise no one.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Harris was played well out of position, he's no wing back. But not great.

Shinnie was fairly anonymous, which would surprise no one.
    Agreed. Shinnie has ability but no application. We need better.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    I also wasn't there last night I have a new bird after many years of being single by choice and no shrink no photos. So a dilemma presented itself dinner , perfume , a wee embrace or Easter Road . Sorry blokes I failed.
    May I also add my grateful thanks to 1875 for his just back this season it truly is all part of my Hibernian day out.
    Nae photos = nae story

Hope it went well, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4707 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers as usual for the report @1875, I don't get to games now [despite having a seaspn ticket] due to a couple of arthritic hips so I look forward to your offerings more than usual. Nice to hear you had a good day out with a few pals from around the globe. I hope you enjoyed it mate, you deserve it.If anyone wants my ST [East Stand] for the final home game against the buddies they are welcome to it.
    Wish I'd seen this earlier Dubster, would have been happy to pick you up/drop you off for the final game coz I have to pick up the auld yin I take to matches from Livingston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Wish I'd seen this earlier Dubster, would have been happy to pick you up/drop you off for the final game coz I have to pick up the auld yin I take to matches from Livingston.
    That's nice of you S, ta for that. If I had thought about it earlier in the season I would have said but hey ho. Have you made my tablet yet?

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    @Dub seems sad you've got to miss games. Must be a way around this?

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4707 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's nice of you S, ta for that. If I had thought about it earlier in the season I would have said but hey ho. Have you made my tablet yet?
    When i can afford the ingredients. Pay day soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    @Dub seems sad you've got to miss games. Must be a way around this?
    I told my Doc I wanted her to look in to getting me Cortisone injections to see if it helped and instead she sent me for yet another x-ray. They tell me I've got mild arthritis and I tell them it's hardly mild if I'm in agony after walking the length of my street to get to the doctors. I've missed a few games this season. In fact I probably went to more games when I didn't have a ST [and also didn't have arthritis]. If I can get it sorted I'll be back though you can be sure of that.

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4707 Post(s)
    vCash
    I told my Doc I wanted her to look in to getting me Cortisone injections to see if it helped and instead she sent me for yet another x-ray. They tell me I've got mild arthritis and I tell them it's hardly mild if I'm in agony after walking the length of my street to get to the doctors. I've missed a few games this season. In fact I probably went to more games when I didn't have a ST [and also didn't have arthritis]. If I can get it sorted I'll be back though you can be sure of that.
    Can maybe getting something sorted for pick ups/drop offs next season dubster but it may mean visiting a pub beforehand. Not sure if you'd be up for that. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Can maybe getting something sorted for pick ups/drop offs next season dubster but it may mean visiting a pub beforehand. Not sure if you'd be up for that. )
    He'll have a personalised pint pot in there before you know it.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5703 Post(s)
    vCash
    So you finally bought yourself that budgie then?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    So you finally bought yourself that budgie then?

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Smuggled into the country I expect

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2514 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    Smuggled into the country I expect
    thats pants

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)
    vCash
    I had knee pain for years - put it down to sports when I was younger. I went to the Physio College while I was working in Birmingham a couple of years ago and this trainee sports physio took a look at me and said it's not your knees it's your lower back -gave me some simple exercises and while I won't be running marathons, I'm so much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    I had knee pain for years - put it down to sports when I was younger. I went to the Physio College while I was working in Birmingham a couple of years ago and this trainee sports physio took a look at me and said it's not your knees it's your lower back -gave me some simple exercises and while I won't be running marathons, I'm so much better.

Could you PM me the excercise sheet assuming you have one. I have suffered from lower back pain for years but I am used to it now so largely ignore it. If I did these simple excercises it might help that at least.

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    Wasn't at the match last night, but I just watched the highlights on Raith TV and was impressed by the quality of both Humphrey and Harris deliveries into the box...a quality which has been sadly lacking from Hibs not just this season but especially this season. Chris Humphrey's real asset is his pace when running onto a ball and his ability to deliver a decent cross into the box. He hasn't played for months so was bound to tire as the game went on last night. I also still think Harris can be a very good player for us and I know that Neil Lennon definitely believes that to be the case.

How did Brian McLean play last night ?...does anyone think he may be worth a deal for next season ? Does he play on the left or the right of central defence ?....remembering that we will be losing Efe Ambrose when the season ends and possibly Liam Fontaine. Hope Fonts stays though....
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Wasn't at the match last night, but I just watched the highlights on Raith TV and was impressed by the quality of both Humphrey and Harris deliveries into the box...a quality which has been sadly lacking from Hibs not just this season but especially this season. Chris Humphrey's real asset is his pace when running onto a ball and his ability to deliver a decent cross into the box. He hasn't played for months so was bound to tire as the game went on last night. I also still think Harris can be a very good player for us and I know that Neil Lennon definitely believes that to be the case.

How did Brian McLean play last night ?...does anyone think he may be worth a deal for next season ? Does he play on the left or the right of central defence ?....remembering that we will be losing Efe Ambrose when the season ends and possibly Liam Fontaine. Hope Fonts stays though....
    I didn't think McLean was that good to be honest - he was out muscled a few times by guys half his size and he doesn't have the strength or presence of Daz or Paul who are easily our best pairing for yonks. He would be an OK player for cover, much like Forster.

Humphrey was no more than OK. He got a couple of decent crosses in, but much of the time he just played the ball back - a bit like that 'Sproule on a motorbike' gadgie JC signed.
    I know I'm in a minority here, but I think Squirrel is much underrated and over criticised. Often he has only one player - two at max - to pick out in a crowded box, and some decent crosses are wasted due to a lack of movement from the front two (one). The difference between the two wingers is work rate - Squirrel is a pacey Stevenson. He never stops running, and panics defenders.
    He will be either a great asset or hopeless against SPFL defenders. No in between.

Harris ..................... I'm not convinced and if Lennon can turn him into a player then that would be remarkable.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Squirrel frustrates me with the end product , but Sir Shrink makes valid representation of what he often sees when he delivers. If only for effort and application I would keep him but maybe not as an automatic start. Pace is king in Scotland well anywhere really.
    Harris I would chase as far away from Easter road as I could . Harsh naw Hes cream puff , ok he had a bad injury but I've never rated him in any shape or form. Hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it. Enough chances and we need to give others his place now. Same as Handling another overrated player get them oot. No place for sentiment in fitba . The only one I would look at from that crop is Stanton but I reckon he should be a naw tae. Invest in Martin , Shaw etc its there turn now.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    Squirrel frustrates me with the end product , but Sir Shrink makes valid representation of what he often sees when he delivers. If only for effort and application I would keep him but maybe not as an automatic start. Pace is king in Scotland well anywhere really.
    Harris I would chase as far away from Easter road as I could . Harsh naw Hes cream puff , ok he had a bad injury but I've never rated him in any shape or form. Hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it. Enough chances and we need to give others his place now. Same as Handling another overrated player get them oot. No place for sentiment in fitba . The only one I would look at from that crop is Stanton but I reckon he should be a naw tae. Invest in Martin , Shaw etc its there turn now.
    Agree on all counts.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4450 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not even when he smashed one in at Hampden?

I think he's worth a year deal, he's shown glimpses in the last fortnight he could be worth a punt, and hope he starts tomorrow.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2514 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I didn't think McLean was that good to be honest - he was out muscled a few times by guys half his size and he doesn't have the strength or presence of Daz or Paul who are easily our best pairing for yonks. He would be an OK player for cover, much like Forster.

Humphrey was no more than OK. He got a couple of decent crosses in, but much of the time he just played the ball back - a bit like that 'Sproule on a motorbike' gadgie JC signed.
    I know I'm in a minority here, but I think Squirrel is much underrated and over criticised. Often he has only one player - two at max - to pick out in a crowded box, and some decent crosses are wasted due to a lack of movement from the front two (one). The difference between the two wingers is work rate - Squirrel is a pacey Stevenson. He never stops running, and panics defenders.
    He will be either a great asset or hopeless against SPFL defenders. No in between.

Harris ..................... I'm not convinced and if Lennon can turn him into a player then that would be remarkable.
    Agree re McLean. And the players he would play against in the top league will be bigger and stronger. His distribution was crap an naw in the games I've seen him. I too like Boyle. Like Lewis in terms of effort tae. Would like tae see a fit Humphries, hopefully he will play last 2 and make a contribution.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    Still not seen Raith 2nd goal on tv yet, looked at least 5 yards offside... anyone got a link or thoughts
    GGTTH

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2514 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    Still not seen Raith 2nd goal on tv yet, looked at least 5 yards offside... anyone got a link or thoughts
    Hibs V Raith | Raith TV | RaithRovers.net

highlights here, I think he's off. Its close.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Hibs V Raith | Raith TV | RaithRovers.net

highlights here, I think he's off. Its close.
    How come their picture is totally nice and sharp, when on Hibs TV it's an abysmal, pixellated mess - or is that just me?

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2514 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    How come their picture is totally nice and sharp, when on Hibs TV it's an abysmal, pixellated mess - or is that just me?
    Naw your right Ags. All the teams in the Championship put hibs tae shame. No sure why we have such a $#@!e program.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post

Cheers...
    agree with you about Martin Boyle. Hope he stays for next season.

John Hughes

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not even when he smashed one in at Hampden?

I think he's worth a year deal, he's shown glimpses in the last fortnight he could be worth a punt, and hope he starts tomorrow.
    Not for me tbh , Goalkeeper should of saved that shot. Though he did play well that day. But the key is in the word you use Glimpses , after all this time he should be offering more . He doesn't we need consistent performers now and young Alex has had his go. Do ok at lower level though.
    Never like writing any player off but I've seen enough to suggest I maybe right. Of course if he rams it right up me then fair play.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not for me tbh , Goalkeeper should of saved that shot. Though he did play well that day. But the key is in the word you use Glimpses , after all this time he should be offering more . He doesn't we need consistent performers now and young Alex has had his go. Do ok at lower level though.Never like writing any player off but I've seen enough to suggest I maybe right. Of course if he rams it right up me then fair play.
    I think the issue here is that injuries have always played n impact on his development at Hibs. He picked up that nasty one against Motherwell at the start of the season we got relegated. I'm fairly certain Fenlon looked to him as being an important player for us that season, hence the number 7 shirt he wore. Since then he's been out on loan at Dundee and QOTS and I'm sure he done reasonably ok there. Now back with us he had a few appearances before picking up another injury which hampered him again. For me the duty is out. I don't feel he has ever really offered us much since he picked up that bad injury and I still think it plays on his mind. I wouldn't be against keeping him for another season and reassessing in January once he's had a full preseason and hopefully can remain injury free.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not for me tbh , Goalkeeper should of saved that shot. Though he did play well that day. But the key is in the word you use Glimpses , after all this time he should be offering more . He doesn't we need consistent performers now and young Alex has had his go. Do ok at lower level though.
    Never like writing any player off but I've seen enough to suggest I maybe right. Of course if he rams it right up me then fair play.
    Think you nailed it earlier SWH, he's had opportunities, it's someone else's turn now.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    If that second half performance from Harris was someone trying to earn a new contract....

Sorry. Not for me. He has lived off a hardly extraordinary contribution in Hampden for nearly four years....

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    I think the issue here is that injuries have always played n impact on his development at Hibs. He picked up that nasty one against Motherwell at the start of the season we got relegated. I'm fairly certain Fenlon looked to him as being an important player for us that season, hence the number 7 shirt he wore. Since then he's been out on loan at Dundee and QOTS and I'm sure he done reasonably ok there. Now back with us he had a few appearances before picking up another injury which hampered him again. For me the duty is out. I don't feel he has ever really offered us much since he picked up that bad injury and I still think it plays on his mind. I wouldn't be against keeping him for another season and reassessing in January once he's had a full preseason and hopefully can remain injury free.
    Another thing that peeps forget or even don't know about is, at that time the lad's Dad died unexpectedly. His whole world shattered just like that!

My Ma died unexpectedly when I was in my mid 30's. It took me a long long looooong time to deal with it. I'm talking plenty years. This lad was still a teenager. Sad stuff. Slack needs cut when dealing with Harris IMO.

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    481 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Another thing that peeps forget or even don't know about is, at that time the lad's Dad died unexpectedly. His whole world shattered just like that!

My Ma died unexpectedly when I was in my mid 30's. It took me a long long looooong time to deal with it. I'm talking plenty years. This lad was still a teenager. Sad stuff. Slack needs cut when dealing with Harris IMO.
    Agreed.
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    For me, harris has to go, not just for hibs but mainly himself! He needs to be playing first team football on a regular basis if he's gonna have any sort of career and it's not gonna happen at hibs!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    For me, harris has to go, not just for hibs but mainly himself! He needs to be playing first team football on a regular basis if he's gonna have any sort of career and it's not gonna happen at hibs!
    Wouldn't be so sure...Neil Lennon rates Alex Harris highly.

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure...Neil Lennon rates Alex Harris highly.
    Rates him highly but only had a handful of game all season and plays in an area where we are not the strongest, says it all for me

GoGO Back To Forum