Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5535 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and I am proud to be a Hibby

Today we played the second best team in Scotland, after 25 minutes of the wrong Hibs, we bettered and battered the second best team in Scotland, they won, but if they are the second best team in Scotland, so are we.

Its fair to say, like all of you, I love my club, I love the players who represent us and I love my fellow Hibernian supporters, deeply. The show of unadultarated love for our club after the match put us on a pedestal, we are the best, we are Hibernian.

OK, we lost, we lost to a sair yin, we gave them a two goal start, we succumbed to a 25 minute show of shambolic Hibs at their very worst. We rose above that, we cheered them on and on any other day, our football team would have won that excellent example of why Scottish football is good. The moaners and greeters about our game, they dinnae support Hibs, they dinnae support Aberdeen, they probably come from Limekilns, Bellshill or Aberfeldy and support Man United or Chelsea. 32,000 of us ken our game is healthy, it is good and well worth watching.

Our line up at the start had aww $#@! written all over it, Bartey and Fyvie in the same team, one man up front, and we paid the price, errors by McGinn, Bartley, Ambrose and then Daz and we are 1-0 down before many people had stood beside their seats. Then Rocky makes a **** of the second and it could be games a bogey.

Not Hibs though, Holt scores and magical football by half the team draws us level just after half time, we are level and the ground is rocking as 20,000 Hibbys back our wonderful fitba team. As I have said often, WE are Hibernian FC.

Then they score, against the run of play, right after a clear hand ball and foul to Hibs, the second best team in Scotland, scrape past us with a deflection. The bad breath, cannae hide your bigotry, hun $#@! Glasgow Polis sigh of relief whooshed right over us when Aberdeen scored.

The baton is passed to you Aberdeen.

Lets be honest, HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB WON THE SCOTTISH CUP ON THE 21st OF MAY, 2016 the best day of your life, my life, our lives. Its gone, but it is never forgotten. We love you Hibs, we are the best brand of football fans the words ever seen. Today was a what could have been, BUT we ken who we are are, we are HIBERNIAN FC. Next year, we will be trouble, big trouble.

The team

Rocky is the good, the bad and the Kevin Rowland lookalike of fitba. He might have scored a wonderful headed equaliser in that magical 92nd minute, but then he should have saved their second for $#@! sake. Lets build from Rocky for next years assault on the Premiership.

David Gray had a tough game with the excellent Hayes as opposition, Hayes won the first half, Sir David the second. For the record, David Gray will be eternally the Hibernian player that broke that hoodoo, he scored that goal, he was captian when he scored that goal. You, Sir David, are my hero, you are a legend at our football team, today and every time you wear that magnificent jersey of ours.

Darren might be recorded as the Hibs player who made the last mistake in that first goal, worse, the guy who suffered the hell of an own goal to let Aberdeen win. But to Hibs Fans, he is wonderful, the best defender we have supported since Rob Jones and David Murphy. Darren, you are genuinely one of our own.

Efe was rotten first 25 minutes, I ken, but was immense for 65 minutes. You are class big man, one day you will be as good as Paul Hanlon.

Lewis looked like a premier league player the whole game, people want him replaced?

Bartley broke the play up, but that was it for me. Sorry, I ken it rips other fans knitting, but he is boring, one paced and does nowt to help us win a game, he stops us losing, we lost anyway.

Fraser Fyvie started in the same team as Marv, he was taken off and we improved, but if I was Fraser I would be very, very annoyed and if he left the club only we would be to blame. We would miss him.

John Mcginn tried hard, very hard but it was not his day.

Dylans goal was wonderful, the best peice of play in the game. Only the metronome would get hurt celebrating and have to go off.

Boyles pass for our first was magnificent, his run better, but he went missing the whole second half, can we afford that?

Jason is not a single striker, even when Holt came on it never worked. Someone smarter than me has to work that one out.

Subs

Holt for Fyvie. Holt was brilliant when he came on, but done very little wrong for much of the second half, although he did get tore in. Best game in a Hibs shirt?

Shinnie came on for the injured McGeouch but done very little.

Graham replaced Efe with 2 to go but it was not happening, we were beat.

The ref was a fanny, but we know that, done everything in his (wizardly) power not to book the fouling Aberdeen players. $#@!er that he is.

Aberdeen, well, a good fitba team, strange a team of such ability cannae encourage the fans to come see them at home and in semi finals. If that is second best in Scotland, lets set our targets high Hibs. I hope they win it if playing the Huns. No fussy who wins if they play Thellick.

Man of the Match was Darren McGregor for me, simple.

So, its Raith on Wednesday, Ayr on Saturday then the Saints two weeks today. See you on Wednesday night.

Thanks Hibs, we are back, a great big team, with a great big support who can match the almost best in this country.

See you behind the goals.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just how good could this have been ??

DSC01079 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

DSC01083 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can't argue in the main. I love your opening about our great club and its amazing fans. We are a club on the rise.

Only thing I'd say is i thought Bartley was excellent after 30 mins. But him and Fyvie can't play in the same team. But if it were up to me, if have Fyvie first.

It's good to be a Hibernian fan right now.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fans were magnificent. Two really well crafted goals from us, couldn't see them scoring again other than from a a $#@! up or a fluke, sadly they got the latter. Holt MOTM for me, scored one, set up another, and played Cummings (I think?) in which was incorrectly given as offside. Commendable defence of the trophy, really proud of us this evening.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just imagine the scenes if Rocky's header had gone in the end...

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    A game we could of and maybe irritatingly could of won. Mr Lennons set up initially hindered us giving the Dons the confidence they so desperately grave , though I wasn't surprised by it given last weeks performance.
    I left Hampden slightly disappointed by the result , but content that our beloved Club are back where we belong.
    I look forward to next season because if that is the second best team in Scotland we have hee haw to worry about.
    Great Report as always M , hope the boy got home safe. And good to see you all , great sitting beside folk who ken their fitba and set a great example in how to support the team.
    An enjoyable day.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2458 Post(s)
    vCash
    When you gift the opposition a goal after 15 seconds you know it's going to be a massive uphill battle. I am a big Darren McGregor fan but that was a dreadful nervy attempt at a pass to Ambrose which Rooney anticipated and we are a goal down straight away. This gives Aberdeen huge confidence and a massive boost and they dominated the game for the next 30 minutes in which time they added a second with a quite brilliant free-lick from Ryan Christie. Here is my first "go against the popular trend" opinion in my assessment of the match...Marciano was not to blame for that goal. He was expecting like everyone else a cross into the box. You cannot legislate for a free-kick taken so wonderfully well as that one was from such an acute angle. It was the best thing Aberdeen did all game. Lennon made the change that had to be made and brought on Holt replacing Fyvie...and almost immediately we got a goal back after a fabulous run and cross from Martin Boyle and a well placed header from Holt. From then on Hibs were the better team IMO and were certainly the superior team in the second half. A brilliant flowing move and a great finish from Dylan McGeogh (I really wish he would make those sort of runs into the box more often) and we are back level and looking far more likely to win than Aberdeen without creating too many clear cut chances. The winning goal not only came against the run of play but was desperately unlucky. A deflection off the unfortunate McGregor. We are beaten and out...but what a fabulous comeback from Hibs. We did not deserve to lose the game against a very fast, strong and powerful Aberdeen side.

Here is my second "go against the popular trend" opinion...Lennon did not get his tactics wrong. He was right to play a containing game against a very powerful team with pace and width and one which has blitzed several top flight teams throughout the season. They are second in the Premier League for a reason. Hibs are just emerging out of the Scottish Championship after three years. We had to set-up to stop them playing. What was not in the script was gifting them the opening goal after 15 seconds. The game plan went out the window, Hibs were shellshocked, and the second goal brilliant though it was just rubbed salt into the wound and summed up the first 30 minutes. Lennon quickly changed things, brought Holt on, and that made the difference. He was right to go one up front today, the problem is that Cummings can't play as a lone striker. If we were going one up front it should have been Holt from the start. Ultimately we lost that match due to a bad individual error right at the start which had a demoralising effect on us, and a lot of bad luck at the end. We also learned a harsh lesson which we will need to take on board for next season...that individual errors which you generally get away with in the Scottish Championship, you will be punished for by the better teams in the SPFL.

Bartley had a very good game..he is a very good defensive midfielder, as did Stevenson and Gray. Boyle again impressed me. Holt made a difference when he came on. I am no football guru but it never fails to amaze me why so many managers opt to start big matches without a strong physical striker who can lead the line and hold the ball up and bring others into play. Holt immediately done that today when he came on and just look at Hibs second goal for further evidence of the value of this type of player. A player like Jason Cummings, great penalty-box goalscorer that he is, cannot lead the line and play up front on his own.

We have achieved what we had to achieve this season and we are definitely a club in the ascendency. Another great support today. Our defence of our cup has been exemplary and with a bit of better luck we would have been in our fourth Scottish Cup Final in five years. It was good to hear Lennon not accepting the gallant losers tag in his post-match interview. I hate all that as well Neil. He hates losing and won't accept second best. That is my kind of manager.

Bad luck today lads...but the sun continues to shine on Leith.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)
    vCash
    How on earth did the linesman not flag for handball a few yards in front of him just before they scored their third two $#@!ing yards in front of him, he had a clear unobstructed view the retarded $#@!.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you gift the opposition a goal after 15 seconds you know it's going to be a massive uphill battle. I am a big Darren McGregor fan but that was a dreadful nervy attempt at a pass to Ambrose which Rooney anticipated and we are a goal down straight away. This gives Aberdeen huge confidence and a massive boost and they dominated the game for the next 30 minutes in which time they added a second with a quite brilliant free-lick from Ryan Christie. Here is my first "go against the popular trend" opinion in my assessment of the match...Marciano was not to blame for that goal. He was expecting like everyone else a cross into the box. You cannot legislate for a free-kick taken so wonderfully well as that one was from such an acute angle. It was the best thing Aberdeen did all game. Lennon made the change that had to be made and brought on Holt replacing Fyvie...and almost immediately we got a goal back after a fabulous run and cross from Martin Boyle and a well placed header from Holt. From then on Hibs were the better team IMO and were certainly the superior team in the second half. A brilliant flowing move and a great finish from Dylan McGeogh (I really wish he would make those sort of runs into the box more often) and we are back level and looking far more likely to win than Aberdeen without creating too many clear cut chances. The winning goal not only came against the run of play but was desperately unlucky. A deflection off the unfortunate McGregor. We are beaten and out...but what a fabulous comeback from Hibs. We did not deserve to lose the game against a very fast, strong and powerful Aberdeen side.

Here is my second "go against the popular trend" opinion...Lennon did not get his tactics wrong. He was right to play a containing game against a very powerful team with pace and width and one which has blitzed several top flight teams throughout the season. They are second in the Premier League for a reason. Hibs are just emerging out of the Scottish Championship after three years. We had to set-up to stop them playing. What was not in the script was gifting them the opening goal after 15 seconds. The game plan went out the window, Hibs were shellshocked, and the second goal brilliant though it was just rubbed salt into the wound and summed up the first 30 minutes. Lennon quickly changed things, brought Holt on, and that made the difference. He was right to go one up front today, the problem is that Cummings can't play as a lone striker. If we were going one up front it should have been Holt from the start. Ultimately we lost that match due to a bad individual error right at the start which had a demoralising effect on us, and a lot of bad luck at the end. We also learned a harsh lesson which we will need to take on board for next season...that individual errors which you generally get away with in the Scottish Championship, you will be punished for by the better teams in the SPFL.

Bartley had a very good game..he is a very good defensive midfielder, as did Stevenson and Gray. Boyle again impressed me. Holt made a difference when he came on. I am no football guru but it never fails to amaze me why so many managers opt to start big matches without a strong physical striker who can lead the line and hold the ball up and bring others into play. Holt immediately done that today when he came on and just look at Hibs second goal for further evidence of the value of this type of player. A player like Jason Cummings, great penalty-box goalscorer that he is, cannot lead the line and play up front on his own.

We have achieved what we had to achieve this season and we are definitely a club in the ascendency. Another great support today. Our defence of our cup has been exemplary and with a bit of better luck we would have been in our fourth Scottish Cup Final in five years. It was good to hear Lennon not accepting the gallant losers tag in his post-match interview. I hate all that as well Neil. He hates losing and won't accept second best. That is my kind of manager.

Sorry to pick you up on one point of such a detailed analysis BUT... The free kick for the 2nd goal was not "quite brilliant". It was completely diabolical defending.
    Rocky lined up 2 defenders to cover the near post, then positioned himself to cover the cross. Inexplicably Dylan McGeough wandered off from his place in the wall - leaving a free shot for the sheepy guy, who duly obliged.
    Terrible defensive play, yes. But brilliant free kick, no.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2458 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Sorry to pick you up on one point of such a detailed analysis BUT... The free kick for the 2nd goal was not "quite brilliant". It was completely diabolical defending.
    Rocky lined up 2 defenders to cover the near post, then positioned himself to cover the cross. Inexplicably Dylan McGeough wandered off from his place in the wall - leaving a free shot for the sheepy guy, who duly obliged.
    Terrible defensive play, yes. But brilliant free kick, no.
    Don't agree, but there you go..
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4579 Post(s)
    vCash
    McGeouch moving definitely made the goal possible. If he doesn't move, the ball played would have hit him.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fair enough GM that's what these message boards are for after all.
    I thought the goalie was at fault at the time but having seen the TV highlights it's clearly Dylan that $#@!ed it.
    So, genuine question, have you seen it on TV or are you going purely on your 'real time' take on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash

No accepting second best must mean not keeping players who are not good enough for the level of the championship. If the likes of keatings graham Forster etc cannot get a game then clear them out. Don't offer contracts to all. I accept some are in deals still but work them out the club, there is no room for sentimental thoughts. We neee to really improve our squad.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought the goalie was at fault at the time but having seen the TV highlights it's clearly Dylan that $#@!ed it.
    So, genuine question, have you seen it on TV or are you going purely on your 'real time' take on it?
    Having just watched the goals again, Dylan thinks Christie is laying it back to McLean hence why you see Dylan look over his shoulder to see McLean on his own and that's when the wall divides, although I thought Lewis could have got his head to it, Rocky was thinking the cross was coming into the middle, but by then it was too far for him to reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    No accepting second best must mean not keeping players who are not good enough for the level of the championship. If the likes of keatings graham Forster etc cannot get a game then clear them out. Don't offer contracts to all. I accept some are in deals still but work them out the club, there is no room for sentimental thoughts. We neee to really improve our squad.
    I understand Keatings is staying.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    Having just watched the goals again, Dylan thinks Christie is laying it back to McLean hence why you see Dylan look over his shoulder to see McLean on his own and that's when the wall divides, although I thought Lewis could have got his head to it, Rocky was thinking the cross was coming into the middle, but by then it was too far for him to reach.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't start in championship and is nowhere near good enough. Hibs setting up to fail in summer if that's our ambition

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    He doesn't start in championship and is nowhere near good enough. Hibs setting up to fail in summer if that's our ambition
    I would much rather have Keatings as a squad player than Graham and Holt TBH.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    I joked before last year's cup final that I didn't want it to be over before I took my seat, as so many previous anti-climaxes felt like. Today looked like it was going to take the biscuit on that score until the team rallied in a way they did not in the past. Once that started I was actually pretty confident we'd come back, and we did. We deserved to win IMHO but the one thing we are still not yet, is lucky.

Ah well, it hurts but not in the sullen, scarring way of the past. In fact I feel pretty positive. If that's the best of the rest, then we have every right to aim high next season. Our fans were absolutely magnificent and the contrast with Aberdeen couldn't be more marked. The freakish nature of a couple of their goals and the apparent silence that met them had me taking a second to twig they had actually gone in.

Anyway, takeaways for me:

- I really hope that is not the end of Fyvie's stay with us; he clearly cannot play with Barts, but I think he offers more - still, it was a bold and right call to hook one of them today

- While Aberdeen, as above, haven't shown me anything to believe we can't compete, their forwards are much faster than what we have become used to in the championship. I think we took a while to get to grips with that tempo and if we want to get off to a good start next year we're going to have to bear that in mind.

- Past worries at the talismanic Jason bubbled up again. I think if we fail again to find the right partner for him, he is going to be a passenger as often as a saviour in the top flight.

- We have the spine of a team that should have beaten Scotland's second best team even in (self made) adverse circumstances. Judicious strengthening of the squad should see us going into next season with as much optimism as we have had for - well forever really. So much is right; the mentality is changed and the fans must be among the most passionate and boisterous in the country right now. I can't wait.

ps for those who haven't watched the goals back yet, Aberdeen's winner is truly extraordinary - I don't think i've seen spin take a ball going wide, back into the goal like that, since Roberto Carlos's famous free kick. I hasten to add I am not comparing two goals that otherwise are as different as could be, but it really is extraordinary - the ball comes of DMac and is going wide, then starts to backspin and changes course - all in near slow motion. As I say, we still ain't lucky.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    I joked before last year's cup final that I didn't want it to be over before I took my seat, as so many previous anti-climaxes felt like. Today looked like it was going to take the biscuit on that score until the team rallied in a way they did not in the past. Once that started I was actually pretty confident we'd come back, and we did. We deserved to win IMHO but the one thing we are still not yet, is lucky.

Ah well, it hurts but not in the sullen, scarring way of the past. In fact I feel pretty positive. If that's the best of the rest, then we have every right to aim high next season. Our fans were absolutely magnificent and the contrast with Aberdeen couldn't be more marked. The freakish nature of a couple of their goals and the apparent silence that met them had me taking a second to twig they had actually gone in.

Anyway, takeaways for me:

- I really hope that is not the end of Fyvie's stay with us; he clearly cannot play with Barts, but I think he offers more - still, it was a bold and right call to hook one of them today

- While Aberdeen, as above, haven't shown me anything to believe we can't compete, their forwards are much faster than what we have become used to in the championship. I think we took a while to get to grips with that tempo and if we want to get off to a good start next year we're going to have to bear that in mind.

- Past worries at the talismanic Jason bubbled up again. I think if we fail again to find the right partner for him, he is going to be a passenger as often as a saviour in the top flight.

- We have the spine of a team that should have beaten Scotland's second best team even in (self made) adverse circumstances. Judicious strengthening of the squad should see us going into next season with as much optimism as we have had for - well forever really. So much is right; the mentality is changed and the fans must be among the most passionate and boisterous in the country right now. I can't wait.
    TBH Fyvie got hooked because he was on a Yellow card, I agree him and Barts don't work together, although as the game went on and we took complete control Barts done brilliant mopping up their play.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    vCash
    North stand linesman is a cheating ****. Fact

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    605 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent report as usual.

I started the day having to buy three breakfasts just so I could get some drinks down me. Daft.

I actually thought Marvin was a star- he took a sore one early in the second half scampering forwards knowing full well, I think, he would get taken out. He went head over heels and I don't think he fully recovered.

The first goal was a shambles but, as I said earlier, the second was an absolute gift - I was right in line with the flight of the ball and it was clear as day to me that as soon as Rocky placed that two man wall that the direct shot was on. A gutter.

Plusses: First, to come from two down against the second best team in Scotland and in a semi-final shows real character.

Second, the support was immense - only a few idiots decided to get on the team's back, the other 99% continued to give them their full support and it paid off.

After the early jitters. I thought we were excellent - I was convinced we were going to win till that deflection went in. We were better than them in every respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    If it was down to ability I'd choose fyvie and mcgeouch over Bartley - easy choice.

But Bartley stays fit most weeks - yet again our rhythm was disrupted with an injury to mcgeouch. I can't see Lennon sticking with the injury prone players next season.

What a goal though.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report as always Mark
    Really proud of our team today ! The support
    Was superb as always !
    The future of our great club is in safe hands with the young team
    Driving us all on !
    Really proud to be a Hibby tonight !
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    I keep wanting tae walk away. I keep wanting tae dump Scottish fitba. It`s corrupt. It`s geared for two clubs, and two clubs only.

In fact i'd easily adjust that by saying...it`s actually geared for one club. Celtc are favoured, certainly, but the huns.....only alive because of SFA/SPL rule bending/twisting/re-$#@!ing-writing. Scottish footbal governance isn`t actually Scottish football governance......never has been.

I think we`re just here to provide UEFA with a league or something that they can say they play in.

After all that...apologies for waffling ...i think my original point was that i love Hibs and Hibs only. I pay my money to support Hibs. That is all. Just Hibs, not Scottish fitba.

I love Hibernian FC. I love traipsing down tae Leith. Even the days where i`m no at the the pub, just walking the streets...going doon tae the links. Just wonderful.

Love Hibs 💚 and honestly, i quite like Leith..
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2458 Post(s)
    vCash
    I stand by my original opinion of the goal. It was a wonderful free-kick. It takes some doing to score from that angle at the near post in such a high pressure situation. If a Hibs player had scored with that we would be hailing it as one of the best Hampden goals we have scored in years. I know we could go on all day about the defensive wall and all that but I think sometimes you just have to take your hat off and admire a sublime piece of skill.

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    I stand by my original opinion of the goal. It was a wonderful free-kick. It takes some doing to score from that angle at the near post in such a high pressure situation. If a Hibs player had scored with that we would be hailing it as one of the best Hampden goals we have scored in years. I know we could go on all day about the defensive wall and all that but I think sometimes you just have to take your hat off and admire a sublime piece of skill.
    I thought it was a great free kick but the keeper was slightly out of position...had he been at his near post, it wasn`t a goal.

Brilliant freekick to take advantage though..
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Does anybody actually think the player intended to score from that free kick.... or just got lucky??

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    vCash
    I had the advantage of watching on tv.
    As he was about to take it I saw the gap at the post.
    He obviously did as well and definitely went for goal

I disagree that this was a great strike.

Opportunist yes but not a technically difficult shot.

I honestly reckon I would get 9 out of 10 on target in that space
    At the near post from that angle and range.

What usually makes those difficult is a wall that holds and a goalie who has his angles covered.
    Given the lack of both I'd fancy my chances.
    Very similar to the one the clown let in against the hunts at hampden.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    Like others have said your opening gets us cut to the heart. As to the report, I am one who saw Bartley as a rock today and did try to get forward. I voted on another fb site for Holt, but only because he scored a goal and set the 2nd up and without him we would have been well beaten. Jason...like you, I am bemused and hope Lennon can figure out how to get the best from him...dissaponting result, but proud of the players hwo never gave up

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4210 Post(s)
    vCash
    TBH Fyvie got hooked because he was on a Yellow card, I agree him and Barts don't work together, although as the game went on and we took complete control Barts done brilliant mopping up their play.
    I thought it was between him and Marv to get hooked when I saw the board and as you say FF was on a yellow. We couldn't afford to go down to 10 and I reckon we would have.

As I've said on the other thread I thought we learned a lesson today, not taught a lesson.

We were in many ways unlucky but as you make your own luck, we made our own unlucky!

That header by Rocky at end could have started a decades long debate about semi final hero goalkeepers that could easily have gone stellar.

Que sera, sera.

That was a decent defence of being cup holders, we can hold our heads high.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Decent day yesterday, decent defence of the cup.

Didnt see the first goal till tv much later, oh dear.

Second goal awful defending, just leaving a big gap like that - even I could have scored.

Holt changed the game, good to see Lennon realise that his tactics were so wrong and be bold enough to change them early enough in the game.

Anyhow... thanks for the reports all season - especially the ones from the games I havent been to.

I turn to your thoughts first, I trust them, much appreciated.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fantastic final 60 minutes against a decent team. Felt gutted for Fyvie but Holts subsequent performance showed Lennon was right . Thought he should have started with Holt and Cummings though. Ref was a ****, letting fouls by dons players go and pulling Hibs for every little $#@!ty thing. Boyle through on goals and clipped I thought GO DOON YA RADGE! . Bartley, IMO, was immense for us. 3 $#@!ty goals we gave away though. My gripe wi Rocky isnae any of the goals he let in, it was his heider in the last minute, STRAIGHT AT THE KEEPER! fuxsakes man .

Great day with my laddie his laddie and good pals.
    GGTTH

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I thought it was a great free kick but the keeper was slightly out of position...had he been at his near post, it wasn`t a goal.

Brilliant freekick to take advantage though..
    Thought the free kick had shades of the one Zibi conceded v the Scum in a previous semi final! Difference being the dud goalie only had a 1 man wall assembled in that instance. In Rocky's defence Dylan splits and the ball goes between the 2 Hibs players.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    vCash

- - - Updated - - -

What annoys me is if rocky wanted a two man wall and to position himself were he did anticipating a cross. Why did he not stick someone on the near post?
    Hey ho it's done now onwards and upwards

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2016 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fitba can be cruel. I am certain we would have won that game if it wasn't for that crazy wicked slow-mo deflection. So cruel.

Hold yer heads high, lads & lassies. We have nothing to fear. And our support is magnificent.

GGTTH

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    The balance of the team was wrong from start, mistakes cost us dearly, Lennon rectified the problem with an inspired Grant Holt. Looked like Hibs would go on to win the game but lady luck done us at the end. Our support is by far and away the greatest, we're back.

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)
    vCash
    We looked shell shocked after we lost such an early goal and I can't make up my mind about Aberdeen's second. Not sure if it was work of genius on their part or slack work from Hibs defense. Maybe a bit of both. Once Holt came on and scored we took the game to them and we looked confident and the likely winners. It was disappointing end but a fantastic day out to Hampden with loads of happy Hibbies cheering the team from start to finish. Barely heard a peep out the sheep. GGTTH!!
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I thought it was between him and Marv to get hooked when I saw the board and as you say FF was on a yellow. We couldn't afford to go down to 10 and I reckon we would have.

As I've said on the other thread I thought we learned a lesson today, not taught a lesson.

We were in many ways unlucky but as you make your own luck, we made our own unlucky!

That header by Rocky at end could have started a decades long debate about semi final hero goalkeepers that could easily have gone stellar.

Que sera, sera.

I ought to agree with this, as reason dictates there is really know such thing as luck. However watching Hibs is in many ways a great corrective to naive faith in reason, and you'll have a hard job convincing me that we get as many things like their third goal going for us as agin. I'd also take some persuading that we get our share of encountering teams when they are, as you say, making their own bad luck. Needless to say we don't exactly get the rub of the green with refereeing decisions either, though that has other explanations methinks.

If luck is all a product of our efforts, we've a power more work to put in!

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3753 Post(s)
    vCash
    We $#@!ed up by believing they would let us play football. They're the number 2 team in Scotland and we should've known better. They squeezed and forced us to show some more of the natural footballing stuff from everyone, on a day where we didn't really have performances we've come to expect from everyone. We're every bit as good as them and potentially far better on a given day.

Even though Holt coming on is technically what changed the game in our favour, I thought that Boyle is what kick started us, his first run when he ran out of pitch was the first sign then his work for the second. I think Aberdeen wised up to him and that's what gave Gray the chance to play.

I'll never understand McGeouch being our wide left player though.
    Cummings barely kicked a ball all game, but about 50% of his chances to do so came as an aerial challenge.

We came back and fought our way into that game when we should never have had to do so, credit for that for sure, but yesterday was our own fault.

12 games against top tier teams since we got put down, 2 defeats, both at Hampden, not a shabby record at all.

Hibs are back and that's all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Que sera, sera.

Rocky coulda scored twice and I'd still be convinced Conrad Logan would win that debate. The backstory and performance was almost live Hollywood that day!
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    If it was down to ability I'd choose fyvie and mcgeouch over Bartley - easy choice.

But Bartley stays fit most weeks - yet again our rhythm was disrupted with an injury to mcgeouch. I can't see Lennon sticking with the injury prone players next season.

What a goal though.

I understand Fyvie is leaving.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    I understand Fyvie is leaving.
    Lennon obviously doesn't fancy him and he's too good a player to be on the bench. He will get plenty offers.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Lennon obviously doesn't fancy him and he's too good a player to be on the bench. He will get plenty offers.
    Mistake letting him go but if we get Henderson or Mallon then I reserve the right to change my mind.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Mistake letting him go but if we get Henderson or Mallon then I reserve the right to change my mind.
    I understand it's to free up Barts playing in the holding role with Mallan to play further forward.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1775 Post(s)
    vCash
    watched highlights on Sportscene tonight and goals we conceded were unbelievable given defence has been good all season..

Bartley should do more to stop Hayes getting shot in before winner

like most folk was surprised that Bartley and Fyvie started together with JC as a lone striker and for all his criticism of the players Lennon can take responsibility for that $#@! up

at least we have signed a left midfielder in Swanson

supporters brilliant, we are Hibs.
    until the sky turns green

GoGO Back To Forum