Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back......in the top league again. Hibernian FC Championship Winners 2016 - 2017

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5535 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back......in the top league again. Hibernian FC Championship Winners 2016 - 2017

Well guys, the Pheonix has risen, our Hibees are back, we are the CHAMPIONS!!!

I am sure many of you agree, it was a wee bit of an anti climax, I get the "no tempting fate" thing but the celebrations were a bit amatuerish, no? Still, its't it lovely to see Hibs play football, press, attack and score three goals. I think we are a better team when Fraser Fyvie plays, we were certainly were today.

We set up to win and win we did, but the goals came from the strangest of places today, two headers for one of our own, Darren McGregor and another from that master of the winnng goal header, Captain David Gray. So three headed goals, not done since we scored four headed goals in a 4 0 thumping of Duff Jimmy's Morton earlier in the season.

Some good performances today, Rocky had it easy, Gray and Lewis both done well, Darren was majestic, Efe was on easy street, John McGinn was great, Fraser Fyvie was everywhere, Dylan looked best in the middle, Shinnie worked his socks off, Boyler had a good game and Jase was the only one who looked a bit lost. Queens were pretty insipid, the referee robbed Jase of an almost clear goal scoring opportunity. Still Hibs played more football today than they have in weeks, and most of it was direct and forward. Nice.

So, Hibernian FC are champions, winning the league in front of over 17,000 fans, more home fans than can fit into the guntery in any given week.

The wee team are back, the big teams are $#@!ing themselves.

The Team

Rocky had a very quiet afternoon, other than two fantastic saves from close range. I hope we sign Rocky up.

David Gray, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016 scored a good header and had a decent game linking with Boyler.

Darren McGregor scored 2 and won every challenge, whether that was against the opposition or his own team mates. A fantastic Hibernian player.

Efe fair enjoyed himself, capped with his back flip forwards in the post match celebrations. I would love Efe to sign for us.

Lewis had a very good game today and swung in a couple of cracking balls both halfs. I would like Lewis to remain a Hibs player for the whole of his football career.

Fraser Fyvie came back into the holding role and took over the metronome role. Hibs ticked nicely today, much of it coming through the tireless work of Fraser Fyvie. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play today. Ihope he extends his contract with Hibs.

Dylan and John McGinn swapped places for 70 minutes, they did so well. I would hate to see Dylan leave. He was best when in the middle last 20, picking out passes and keeping the tick tock ticking with Fraser.

John McGinn had a smashing game, he worked his socks off and looked like the SJM we love. His shots were eehhh, a bit astray all day. His passing was precise though. His brother scored for the Buddies, Hibs next year Stephen?

Andrew Shinnie started slowly but came onto a decent game before being subbed with 25 minutes to go. I would be delighted if he signed for us for next season.

Boyler had a smashing game, I thought. He ran, dribbled and scunnered the Queens defence today. Boyle like this is a decent player who clearly enjoys his fitba and playing for our club. I think he will be a bit part player in the Premier, but we need a squad, not an 11.

Jason is nae lone striker, today proved it. Petulant, lost and lacking service, he never clicked at all, although might have scored if not for a doughnut of a referee. He enjoyed the post match celebrations though and was belting out Sunshine on Leith. That will do for me. Stay for a season in the top league please son.

The subs

The first to come on was Alex Harris for Shinnie. Boozy had a very good 25 minutes and looked like the player that broke through a few years back. I don't think he will be with us next season though.

Next came Keats for Boyler. Keats has scored some special goals, but I don't think he gives enough. I expect he will leave, but will always be well thought of by the Hibs fans.

Barts came on for a 5 minute cameo replacing Dylan. He will be crucial in games against the big teams like Thellick, the Hun $#@!s and Aberdeen next year and the diddy teams who hoof the fitba like the Gunts. I prefer watching the fluid Hibs midfield of Fyvie, McGinn, Shinnie and McGeouch, but appreciate what Barts does for us.

Neil and Gary read my twelve player team last night on the bounce, cheers guys. Its nice watching Hibs play football although I felt Queens offered nothing. I hope you stay on guys, you have brought steel to our club. You are winners, and for me, welcome additions to the Hibernian story.

Queens best player was Danny Carmichael and their decent keeper, Robinson who has had a few good games against us. They are a reasonable enough championship club. What I do like about them, they represent their community, and their fans were magnificent after the game today, around half of their 200 supporters stayed to applaud Hibernian as champions. That is fitba for me, well done and thank you Doonhamers.

The referee was average, he did book when he had to (Nae Hibs players either), was a fud when he stopped play for a Hibs foul when Jase had broke free and may have scored. I have seen worse though, most weeks to be honest.

The 17,056 supporters that came along were noisy and proud. Keep coming along everyone, this club are going places. The Pheonix has risen.

Man of the match was Darren McGregor, Mr Hibs. My only frustration is that we didnae sign this Hibs man 10 years ago. Darren loves our club just like we do.

I would say, had Daz not won every ball and scored two goals, Fraser Fyvie would have got my MOTM I thought he was excellent. Credit to Captain Dave, Boyler, Lewis, SJM and Shinnietsa too.

So, next week we are Hampden bound. No got a ticket yet? Get one, we have won the league, now its time to retain our Cup. Get there and support the boys, if you can?

Here we go, two in a row.

This Just Back is dedicated to Shaun McKinley, our lost brother and all our fellow Hibby's no longer with us.

I assume Big G had his 3-0 win safely placed in a bookmaker of his choice.

Hibernian Football Club, Scottish Championship Winners 2016 - 2017.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    The Jura bottle has been opened and I'm sitting in my chair smiling thinking about the journey I've had with this great old club, we're back where we belong. Hibernian were professional today Fraser Fyvie was outstanding, he gives the middle the required balance. Darren is YLT. Effe could have had my slippers, chair and glass of whisky. Thanks again for the reports especially the away games. See you all next week at the semi, onwards and upwards. GGTTH.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    vCash
    When Dylan plays we play if only he could stay fit for a good run of games. Always wants to playthe ball forward. Could be the key next week on big park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Its been a hard road.But tonight I salute all who stayed over the last three years when your club needed you most.
    Fraser Fyfie was great to see him back and he was excellent.
    Fair play to Queens fans who stayed behind as noted above.Doonhamer class.
    Feet up relax , smile and enjoy Hampden next week.
    Thank $#@! for that.
    GGTTH.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    About to board this bad boy. A great read to see me through the next 14hrs or so.

See yez next week, ma Hibernian brethren!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Best Just Back since 21/05/16.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2458 Post(s)
    vCash
    A dominant, professional performance today from Hibs just when we needed it. Having Fyvie and McGeogh in the heart of our midfield made a he difference..as did getting early first half goals. Was dreading Falkirk getting their usual last minute winner against St Mirren but thankfully it was not to be for them. I thought McGinn was magnificent..played like a man possessed, it would have been great to see him get a goal. Queens keeper had a great game and saved them from a heavier defeat. Rocky's save from Dobbie was top drawer. I hope we can get Marciano on a permanent deal for next season at least.

It was always going to be a slog this season given it was our third season down here, but we have came through it and achieved what we had to achieve. Well done to all...
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was the second goal a header?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    @1875 Great report. Cant disagree, particularly on Fyvie. I thought he was really good today. Clearly him and Bartley should never play in the same 11, you just deploy one of them depending on the type of opposition.
    I love Barts but i think Fyvie can be a bit more dynamic, that pass he played today for Harris late on was fantastic. He has that in his locker. I hope we keep him but i`m not sure Lennon will.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1775 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't think so but could be wrong..
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Was dreading Falkirk getting their usual last minute winner against St Mirren but thankfully it was not to be for them....
    According to the radio, Falkirk had a goal chalked off for offside at 2-2!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    nope, defo a right footed shot.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3571 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    According to the radio, Falkirk had a goal chalked off for offside at 2-2!
    Must admit, except for the hilarious attempts by the ER stewards to prevent an exuberant East Stand pitch invasion by sticking some tape to a few fences , i sort of ignored the on-field shenannigans and spent the last few minutes updating my St Mirren twitterfeed....
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    The second goal should of been disallowed . As it was taken the ball rolled forward in the wind . Great ref though

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    vCash
    Don't think it is any coincidence that Super John had his best game for weeks today when Fraser Fyvie was in the team. Fraser was the best man on the park for me but nobody could begrudge Daz his MOTM award today.

Hibees are back!

See you all at Easter Road West on Saturday.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Enjoyed the Game today our Midfield looked excellent the movement was far better than recent weeks.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    vCash
    Finally back stronger on and off the park than we could have imagined 3 years ago. Well done to everyone at the club but lessons must be learned, yes you Rod, so that can never happen again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    vCash
    Finally we've done it. Boy it's been a slog, but as someone already mentioned credit to those players who have stuck by for 3 tmyeats and got us back where we should be.

An enjoyable game to get us over the line, and no coincidence that we looked so good going forward when we started with our strongest midfield. Glad to see Shinnie getting plaudits as I think his impact has been overlooked at times this year. Yes, he's a jessie but that's not what he's there for. He adds a creative spark that we have been missing and is a real asset who I would like to see us sign next year.

Well done all at Hibernian. Now just the little task of two in a row....

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Must admit, except for the hilarious attempts by the ER stewards to prevent an exuberant East Stand pitch invasion by sticking some tape to a few fences , i sort of ignored the on-field shenannigans and spent the last few minutes updating my St Mirren twitterfeed....
    I did the same. Had done it that much twitter blocked me from refreshing my feed!

- - - Updated - - -

Our midfield trio of Fyvie, McGeough and McGinn all completement each other. They know each other's game also which helps. Bartley plays a great role for us at times but is limited. Fyvie imo offers us so much more. From speak with Fyvie at the WOSHSC night at Hampden, they feel the same. Hope we sign him up for next year.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5535 Post(s)
    vCash
    just watched the highlights, you guys are right, second goal was a shot. In my defence (and the defence of many sitting around me), it did look like a header from our seats.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Solid performance yesterday, like I said on a different thread we knocked the ball about really well which I think is largely due to the fact Fyvie was back in the team taken the ball of the defenders. Glad that's it sealed now, time to sign up a few players contracts and start looking to build a squad to finally challenge at the right end of the right league again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Despite feeling poorly I decided to go to game, glad I did, it made me feel much better, for a couple of hours at least!

That was the best we have played for weeks and thoroughly deserved the win. Good performances throughout the team and I thought our midfield was excellent, they dictated the game playing at a high tempo with loads of movement and intent, refreshing and exciting to watch.

D Mc was again quite simply magnificent and I will be amazed if Hibs don't have to fend off interest for him over the next couple of months. Wee Louis never ceases to attract my total admiration, what an absolute professional who deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Stanton and Stubbs in terms of contributions to our club.
    @1875's assessment of QoS was spot on, what a lovely sporting touch staying to applaud Hibs at the end, true fitba fans, well done the Doonhamers.

No euphoria at the final whistle, just relief and satisfaction at getting the job done, thanks Hibs 👍

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4648 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    Despite feeling poorly I decided to go to game, glad I did, it made me feel much better, for a couple of hours at least!That was the best we have played for weeks and thoroughly deserved the win. Good performances throughout the team and I thought our midfield was excellent, they dictated the game playing at a high tempo with loads of movement and intent, refreshing and exciting to watch.D Mc was again quite simply magnificent and I will be amazed if Hibs don't have to fend off interest for him over the next couple of months. Wee Louis never ceases to attract my total admiration, what an absolute professional who deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Stanton and Stubbs in terms of contributions to our club. @1875's assessment of QoS was spot on, what a lovely sporting touch staying to applaud Hibs at the end, true fitba fans, well done the Doonhamers.No euphoria at the final whistle, just relief and satisfaction at getting the job done, thanks Hibs 👍
    Are you Jane Park?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Are you Jane Park?
    ha, no, unfortunately!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    vCash
    With double Championships yesterday for both Hibs and The Blades I can assure you I definately feel poorly today...

Onwards to Hampden.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4648 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    ha, no, unfortunately!
    😂😂😂 just wondered. She tweeted yesterday that she wasn't going to game coz she was unwell, but still pitched up.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    ������������������ just wondered. She tweeted yesterday that she wasn't going to game coz she was unwell, but still pitched up.
    And managed to get in the papers by doing so in the process 😂

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Well guys, the Pheonix has risen, our Hibees are back, we are the CHAMPIONS!!!

I am sure many of you agree, it was a wee bit of an anti climax, I get the "no tempting fate" thing but the celebrations were a bit amatuerish, no? Still, its't it lovely to see Hibs play football, press, attack and score three goals. I think we are a better team when Fraser Fyvie plays, we were certainly were today.

We set up to win and win we did, but the goals came from the strangest of places today, two headers for one of our own, Darren McGregor and another from that master of the winnng goal header, Captain David Gray. So three headed goals, not done since we scored four headed goals in a 4 0 thumping of Duff Jimmy's Morton earlier in the season.

Some good performances today, Rocky had it easy, Gray and Lewis both done well, Darren was majestic, Efe was on easy street, John McGinn was great, Fraser Fyvie was everywhere, Dylan looked best in the middle, Shinnie worked his socks off, Boyler had a good game and Jase was the only one who looked a bit lost. Queens were pretty insipid, the referee robbed Jase of an almost clear goal scoring opportunity. Still Hibs played more football today than they have in weeks, and most of it was direct and forward. Nice.

So, Hibernian FC are champions, winning the league in front of over 17,000 fans, more home fans than can fit into the guntery in any given week.

The wee team are back, the big teams are $#@!ing themselves.

The Team

Rocky had a very quiet afternoon, other than two fantastic saves from close range. I hope we sign Rocky up.

David Gray, Captain of Hibernian and scorer of the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final on the 21st of May 2016 scored a good header and had a decent game linking with Boyler.

Darren McGregor scored 2 and won every challenge, whether that was against the opposition or his own team mates. A fantastic Hibernian player.

Efe fair enjoyed himself, capped with his back flip forwards in the post match celebrations. I would love Efe to sign for us.

Lewis had a very good game today and swung in a couple of cracking balls both halfs. I would like Lewis to remain a Hibs player for the whole of his football career.

Fraser Fyvie came back into the holding role and took over the metronome role. Hibs ticked nicely today, much of it coming through the tireless work of Fraser Fyvie. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play today. Ihope he extends his contract with Hibs.

Dylan and John McGinn swapped places for 70 minutes, they did so well. I would hate to see Dylan leave. He was best when in the middle last 20, picking out passes and keeping the tick tock ticking with Fraser.

John McGinn had a smashing game, he worked his socks off and looked like the SJM we love. His shots were eehhh, a bit astray all day. His passing was precise though. His brother scored for the Buddies, Hibs next year Stephen?

Andrew Shinnie started slowly but came onto a decent game before being subbed with 25 minutes to go. I would be delighted if he signed for us for next season.

Boyler had a smashing game, I thought. He ran, dribbled and scunnered the Queens defence today. Boyle like this is a decent player who clearly enjoys his fitba and playing for our club. I think he will be a bit part player in the Premier, but we need a squad, not an 11.

Jason is nae lone striker, today proved it. Petulant, lost and lacking service, he never clicked at all, although might have scored if not for a doughnut of a referee. He enjoyed the post match celebrations though and was belting out Sunshine on Leith. That will do for me. Stay for a season in the top league please son.

The subs

The first to come on was Alex Harris for Shinnie. Boozy had a very good 25 minutes and looked like the player that broke through a few years back. I don't think he will be with us next season though.

Next came Keats for Boyler. Keats has scored some special goals, but I don't think he gives enough. I expect he will leave, but will always be well thought of by the Hibs fans.

Barts came on for a 5 minute cameo replacing Dylan. He will be crucial in games against the big teams like Thellick, the Hun $#@!s and Aberdeen next year and the diddy teams who hoof the fitba like the Gunts. I prefer watching the fluid Hibs midfield of Fyvie, McGinn, Shinnie and McGeouch, but appreciate what Barts does for us.

Neil and Gary read my twelve player team last night on the bounce, cheers guys. Its nice watching Hibs play football although I felt Queens offered nothing. I hope you stay on guys, you have brought steel to our club. You are winners, and for me, welcome additions to the Hibernian story.

Queens best player was Danny Carmichael and their decent keeper, Robinson who has had a few good games against us. They are a reasonable enough championship club. What I do like about them, they represent their community, and their fans were magnificent after the game today, around half of their 200 supporters stayed to applaud Hibernian as champions. That is fitba for me, well done and thank you Doonhamers.

The referee was average, he did book when he had to (Nae Hibs players either), was a fud when he stopped play for a Hibs foul when Jase had broke free and may have scored. I have seen worse though, most weeks to be honest.

The 17,056 supporters that came along were noisy and proud. Keep coming along everyone, this club are going places. The Pheonix has risen.

Man of the match was Darren McGregor, Mr Hibs. My only frustration is that we didnae sign this Hibs man 10 years ago. Darren loves our club just like we do.

I would say, had Daz not won every ball and scored two goals, Fraser Fyvie would have got my MOTM I thought he was excellent. Credit to Captain Dave, Boyler, Lewis, SJM and Shinnietsa too.

So, next week we are Hampden bound. No got a ticket yet? Get one, we have won the league, now its time to retain our Cup. Get there and support the boys, if you can?

Here we go, two in a row.

This Just Back is dedicated to Shaun McKinley, our lost brother and all our fellow Hibby's no longer with us.

I assume Big G had his 3-0 win safely placed in a bookmaker of his choice.

Hibernian Football Club, Scottish Championship Winners 2016 - 2017.

Hibernian Forever.
    Great report. .as per usual mark.
    I'm with you I thought we celebrated, but not over celebrated if that makes scents. .
    Think mabee like me for some, it brought back memories of 3 years ago when we were embarrassing and I mean embarrassing beaten by accies and relegated. .
    We had won promotion back up to the big league.. but still! !at the back of my mind I'm thinking a wonderful. .and Great club like hibernian fc should never have been in this situation. .
    Don't know if anyone else feels the same..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1775 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great result for Big G..

Not his biggest fan but well done to Neil Lennon, mission accomplished.
    until the sky turns green

GoGO Back To Forum