5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am right behind Neil Lennon and his backroom staff, I dinnae enjoy the football we play very much, I get a red neck for him when he goes off on one post match, but I love the steel he brings to the club. If people mess with Hibs, he stands up for Hibs. As others have said, we have been crying out for this for donkeys years.My hope is that he shapes his own team next year, which may mean seeing guys that won us 'that' cup leave. We have one proven goalscorer, one left back, no real wingers and miss a proper play maker in midfield. We also have too much 'deadwood' in and around the squad, they have to be cut adrift. When Neil gets us promoted, he has done the job he was tasked with, if Neil retains the cup, he has done far more than we could have expected, getting the cup semi final again is more than most of us expected. If we're 10th this time next season, we can discuss giving him his jotters. Its not pretty but keep the faith people, the Aberdeen game will take care of itself.
    I'm with you Mark. He was tasked with getting us out the championship, and while it's not been pretty we are effectively 1 win, or a couple of draws away from achieving that.I believe he assembled a squad he thought was capable of winning the championship. He talked preseason about being more direct and doing what it takes to win. I'm sure this season will have given him a proper look at the squad so he can adapt it as he sees fit for next year. He alone managed to attract such players as Commons & Ambrose. I firmly believe we will see some big signings in the summer, possibly Hendo & Stokes. I will judge his performances next season, not this.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1667 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    Dear me - we should have looked at say Graeme Alexander, Owen Coyle, Malky Mackay, Ian Holloway, Neil Warnock and Tommy Wright - only the latter would have been long term along with say Jack Ross....Lennon's focus was on the BBC gig - that should have been enough of a GTF....
    Dear me yersel.
    Firstly, who's to say Hibs didn't look to any of those you mention, or others of the same calibre? Secondly, if they did, who's to say those managers didn't see us as a basket case club in a lower league without the 'glamour' of the top league that's going to get them noticed again and therefore turned down Hibs' advances?
    Thirdly, of the managers getting through to the shortlist, Neil Lennon was ultimately signed as the best man for the job. That job being to get this club back into the top division by whatever means necessary.
    Our club has a manager and 11 players on the park seeking to gain 3 points against other experienced or equally adept managers and 11 players. On paper we should be head and shoulders above the opposition but, if only it was that simple, we could all be football managers.

Furthermore, we all jizzed ourselves at landing Terry Butcher. A fairly big name manager who had done a great job at ICT. Remember how that turned out?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash
    We are loosing too many managers when things are looking on the up for Hibs. It's been far from an exhilirating season but we are still top and and have a semi final round the corner. Can't see the benefit of chucking a manger without seeing what he can do in a league we belong and are more suited, especialy with all the changes that have been made in last couple of seasons.

Don't quite understand what Tommy Wright or Archibald will do to make things any better. We wanted and got Butcher who IMHO done a better job at ICT than these 2 have done at their respective clubs, look where that got us.

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    The goal this season was promotion at all cost. If you told me we would win it ugly, I would have bit your hand off. The semi final of the Scottish cup again after beating the gunts, again. I think you either like Neil Lennon or you don't. Different opinions in my family, which I respect.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1944 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy 'O' Hibee View Post
    The goal this season was promotion at all cost. If you told me we would win it ugly, I would have bit your hand off. The semi final of the Scottish cup again after beating the gunts, again. I think you either like Neil Lennon or you don't. Different opinions in my family, which I respect.
    totally agree - all bases covered, its a great season - it just doesn't feel like it.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4458 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like the way he's brought a degree of $#@! you and $#@! you to Hibs, it's been a long time coming. But he doesn't know when to stop. I backed him after the Greenock home game and his presser, I thought it was impressive. But to go on about it 2 days later and a day before a pretty important game smacked of 'look at me' more than $#@! you.

He cannae help himself reacting to opposition support. He did it a full time at EEP and again at Greenock. Why walk the width of the pitch- ignoring GM morton players and staff offering their hand- to remonstrate with the ref when he could have waited until the ref came inside. It's all about Lennon and the attention being on him.

Arriving late for Hibs because of media commitments was a joke. The goalie situation was a joke. We will win the league, in the least enjoyable way possible, and he'll probably do his best to make that a downer too.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1667 Post(s)
    vCash
    ......and another thing. Alan Stubbs would have been Hibernian manager this season had he not shat in the nest, therefore we had to get another manager for this season. As far as I'm aware Neil Lennon has done what he was hired to do and should remain Hibernian manager for the foreseeable future.
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ......and another thing. Alan Stubbs would have been Hibernian manager this season had he not shat in the nest, therefore we had to get another manager for this season. As far as I'm aware Neil Lennon has done what he was hired to do and should remain Hibernian manager for the foreseeable future.
    Part of it is to that in a particular style as articulated in the clubs mission statement put out a few years back...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    Dear me - we should have looked at say Graeme Alexander, Owen Coyle, Malky Mackay, Ian Holloway, Neil Warnock and Tommy Wright - only the latter would have been long term along with say Jack Ross....Lennon's focus was on the BBC gig - that should have been enough of a GTF....
    How many times does it have to be said? Lennon was CONTRACTED to the "BBC gig" before Hibs approached him and Hibs signed him knowing this so Lennon should not be blamed for it, how was he to know Hibs would come a'calling?. How well he has done (or not) is a completely different topic.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lespenny View Post
    How many times does it have to be said? Lennon was CONTRACTED to the "BBC gig" before Hibs approached him and Hibs signed him knowing this so Lennon should not be blamed for it, how was he to know Hibs would come a'calling?. How well he has done (or not) is a completely different topic.
    Had he got the Celtc job as he hoped do you think he would have been "Contracted"?

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6429 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Had he got the Celtc job as he hoped do you think he would have been "Contracted"?

If he had signed a contractual agreement then of course he would.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2500 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm a Neil Lennon fan...although I know the guy clearly divides opinion. I even liked him when he was Celtic manager as I thought the guy showed an inspiring passion for the game as well as a winning mentality, and a tactical awareness. He always seemed to motivate his teams well and get the best out of his players in big games. He also made some excellent signings for Celtic which bodes well for potential Hibs summer recruitments although I do appreciate he will be working with a much smaller budget than in his Celtic days.

I do though find his moaning about referees days after a match has finished a bit tiresome. Yes, the ref got the decision wrong and we should have had a penalty, but it's over now. The decision was made and I don't see any point in "demanding" an explanation from the referee as to why he didn't give it. It's not going to change the result. Maybe if our misfiring strikers and midfielders had for once scored a few goals he wouldn't have needed to concern himself with dubious refereeing decisions going against us.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

GoGO Back To Forum