Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was poor Hibs, yet again....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was poor Hibs, yet again....

By Sauzee we are limping over the line aren't we? Once again the football gods looked down on us and United and Morton lost, only Falkirk gained ground. We started so well, charging at them, great early goal, some nice football played with SJM back to his old self. It didnae last though. Not that the Pars were anything like the team that gave us a game a few weeks abck at Easter Road. I thought they were poor. But yet again, I got teh impression too many Hibs players were treading water.

The football is pretty much eye bleeding bad, no Shinnie means no service to Cummings, McGinn was yet again the only midfielder of any worth and they got what looked like a very soft penalty after the referee took a few minutes to changes his mind after initially waving their claims away???

I estimate 4000 plus Hibs fans in the ground, they gave Neil Lennon a rousing reception when he came to the dug out before kick off, they backed the team but frankly to many of teh team let them down.

The Team....

Paul Hanlon was named as starting but word is he injured himself getting off the bus?

Marciano, actually didnae have much to do and nearly saved their dodgy penalty.

Efe was ok, nothing more. I prefer him as a centre half.

McGregor is Hibs best player this season, head and shoulders ahead of the rest of them.

McLean had a perfectly decent debute as a late replacement for Paul Hanlon.

Stevenson didnae play as well with Dylan in front of him on the left.

Bartley was poor, another game we really didnae need him in. Never got going at all.

Boyle was decent first half and done almost nothing second half.

McGeouch is always a good sight on a team sheet, but he didnae fancy the left sided midfield position and whilst there were wee snippets of his brilliance, he didnae bring us much.

Graham done plenty, he did make himself available for the ball but he disnae look like he will score and appears a light weight for such a big guy.

Jase got no service, he looked frustrated.

The Subs

Keats came on for Boyle with 20 minutes to go and added a little with some decent dead ball crosses.

Next came Holt for Graham with 10 minutes to go. A waste of a change, we were crying out for Bartley to go and bring on Fyvie. Holt came on, fouled a bit and mostly stood still for his 10 minutes.

Then surreally David Gray came on for Jason in injury time, Frank only knows why?

Sorry Neil, loved your fighting talk, we are right behind you mate, but by Sauzee that was gash. We were lacklustre, half arsed and poor to watch. How we can come out second half and get worse is beyond me. Its not as if Dunfermline were any good.

The referee was not great, I am not sure it was a penalty, neither was he, he indicated play on then blew his whistle for a penalty 20 second later??? He booked Dylan for getting kicked too?

As I said, I was surprised how poor the Pars were given their excellent performance at Easter Road. How we came away with only a point is beyond me. At least a few of their fans are turning up now. The Stephens steak bridies remain Scotland's number one fitba pre match pastry. Lovely. The hot drinks were rotten right enough. I do think they are a proper club and they have proper fans.

Man of the Match, well as my son suggested, maybe I just say Darren McGregor in the first line of every summary I write. However today, there was another nugget of gold in the toly of turgidness. John McGinn was back to his wonderfull best. OK, I accept he often plays a poor final pass, or does a worldy when a simple ball to feet would do. But he scored a raker and got tore in. He gets my man of the match today.

4000 Hibs fans deserve more than Hibs gave us. Well done Brother and Sister Hibernians, we really do support them ever more. My wife isnae a fitba person, she kicked about Dunfermline town centre before and during the game, she said when I picked her up, 'there are Hibs fans everywhere today'.

Next up, the grudge match, in the green corner, Neil 'Red' Lennon v the contender, Duff 'BaldyPrick' Jimmy in the blue corner. Lets get along to Greenock in numbers and ram those Hello Hello Hillbillies Banjos right up their farters. Take a pish and feed yourself before ye go, the snack van is a disgrace, the toilets, worse. Its cheap to get in though.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Mark. This report could cover a large number of our recent games

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However today, there was another nugget of gold in the toly of turgidness.

If dire performances keep giving us gems like this then life has some compensations at least.

We`ll get over the line but it wont be pretty.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    By Sauzee we are limping over the line aren't we? Once again the football gods looked down on us and United and Morton lost, only Falkirk gained ground. We started so well, charging at them, great early goal, some nice football played with SJM back to his old self. It didnae last though. Not that the Pars were anything like the team that gave us a game a few weeks abck at Easter Road. I thought they were poor. But yet again, I got teh impression too many Hibs players were treading water.

The football is pretty much eye bleeding bad, no Shinnie means no service to Cummings, McGinn was yet again the only midfielder of any worth and they got what looked like a very soft penalty after the referee took a few minutes to changes his mind after initially waving their claims away???

I estimate 4000 plus Hibs fans in the ground, they gave Neil Lennon a rousing reception when he came to the dug out before kick off, they backed the team but frankly to many of teh team let them down.

The Team....

Paul Hanlon was named as starting but word is he injured himself getting off the bus?

Marciano, actually didnae have much to do and nearly saved their dodgy penalty.

Efe was ok, nothing more. I prefer him as a centre half.

McGregor is Hibs best player this season, head and shoulders ahead of the rest of them.

McLean had a perfectly decent debute as a late replacement for Paul Hanlon.

Stevenson didnae play as well with Dylan in front of him on the left.

Bartley was poor, another game we really didnae need him in. Never got going at all.

Boyle was decent first half and done almost nothing second half.

McGeouch is always a good sight on a team sheet, but he didnae fancy the left sided midfield position and whilst there were wee snippets of his brilliance, he didnae bring us much.

Graham done plenty, he did make himself available for the ball but he disnae look like he will score and appears a light weight for such a big guy.

Jase got no service, he looked frustrated.

The Subs

Keats came on for Boyle with 20 minutes to go and added a little with some decent dead ball crosses.

Next came Holt for Graham with 10 minutes to go. A waste of a change, we were crying out for Bartley to go and bring on Fyvie. Holt came on, fouled a bit and mostly stood still for his 10 minutes.

Then surreally David Gray came on for Jason in injury time, Frank only knows why?

Sorry Neil, loved your fighting talk, we are right behind you mate, but by Sauzee that was gash. We were lacklustre, half arsed and poor to watch. How we can come out second half and get worse is beyond me. Its not as if Dunfermline were any good.

The referee was not great, I am not sure it was a penalty, neither was he, he indicated play on then blew his whistle for a penalty 20 second later??? He booked Dylan for getting kicked too?

As I said, I was surprised how poor the Pars were given their excellent performance at Easter Road. How we came away with only a point is beyond me. At least a few of their fans are turning up now. The Stephens steak bridies remain Scotland's number one fitba pre match pastry. Lovely. The hot drinks were rotten right enough. I do think they are a proper club and they have proper fans.

Man of the Match, well as my son suggested, maybe I just say Darren McGregor in the first line of every summary I write. However today, there was another nugget of gold in the toly of turgidness. John McGinn was back to his wonderfull best. OK, I accept he often plays a poor final pass, or does a worldy when a simple ball to feet would do. But he scored a raker and got tore in. He gets my man of the match today.

4000 Hibs fans deserve more than Hibs gave us. Well done Brother and Sister Hibernians, we really do support them ever more. My wife isnae a fitba person, she kicked about Dunfermline town centre before and during the game, she said when I picked her up, 'there are Hibs fans everywhere today'.

Next up, the grudge match, in the green corner, Neil 'Red' Lennon v the contender, Duff 'BaldyPrick' Jimmy in the blue corner. Lets get along to Greenock in numbers and ram those Hello Hello Hillbillies Banjos right up their farters. Take a pish and feed yourself before ye go, the snack van is a disgrace, the toilets, worse. Its cheap to get in though.

Hibernian Forever.
    Dearie me - you could have cut and paste from 29 other games - turgid $#@!e - it's ok though the manager we have is magically going to sort it all out over the summer because he's such a proven tactical genius.... My view is unchanged from October - he gets us up, takes his bonus and then gets t... f...sorry elsewhere. Not getting the patience with Lennon, sorry - other $#@!e managers never got it, nor should he.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

If dire performances keep giving us gems like this then life has some compensations at least.

We`ll get over the line but it wont be pretty.
    Thanks for the report mark. .as per..
    Think lennon sets up the team all wrong half the time. ..and picks the wrong players often,midfield has been dire for weeks now.
    They don't give 100 %take them out off the team for $#@! sake,
    Think we'll still win the league. .
    But at this rate we'll be on our hands and nee,s dragging our but,s over the line....... Buck up hibs GGTTH. .

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    Don't go to away games normally and even the Pars and bridies couldn't tempt me so it was Hibs twitter and BBC stats.

The best stat is that's ONE less game to go in this league. Surely.
    Space to let

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for report M. Wasn't there today" Woolly Hat" made his debut for St Cuthbert's Wanderers , hopefully moving into lowland league next season.He earned a well deserved MOM award after a two year absence from the game. And I have man flu again!!!!!Anyway the report is gratefully received , and its does have that familiar feel of Limping over the line with absolutely no panache. See you behind the goals next week ,lets just keep limping I suppose .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    vCash
    Think Gray came on to make sure we got a point!

Is there anything up with Fyvie. Wasn't great a month ago, but hasn't been seen since

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4386 Post(s)
    vCash
    Except hearts and maybe Dundee Utd away, we've been totally honking to watch this season. Lennon should be able to win this league with a wee bit more style than this. It's utterly grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thankfully didn't waste money going 15 miles to watch more boring pish . Need to improve a hell of a lot for the semi final

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm not so sure Lennon will stay on if we do get promoted??? He might do a Stubbs and leave on a high with his reputation somewhat in tact..

I hope he does stay on of-course as we have a major rebuilding job next season with so many players out of contract and our loans returning to their respective clubs..

We really must be targeting better quality of players than Graham and Holt tho..

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's actually not surprising that we're probably going to finish on about the same points as last year. Many of the problems with creating and scoring goals have haunted us for the past two years. Last year we had Malonga for the first half of the season. While not everyone's cup of tea, he chipped in with goals. Never been able to replace that second goal scoring forward.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    RE your point on Bartley. He plays his role well but imo Fyvie offers us that bit more in midfield. Especially currently when we are so devoid of creativity through injuries.

I thought it was a penalty as soon as it happened. Would like to see it again though. Murdoch made a cracker of a save against McGinn also.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Except hearts and maybe Dundee Utd away, we've been totally honking to watch this season. Lennon should be able to win this league with a wee bit more style than this. It's utterly grim.

Yep, agreed. I`m sure we`ll stumble and fall first over the finish line but this season has been nothing more than an eye-bleeding grind.

Stubbs may have failed to get us promoted but the football, at times, was a joy to behold. Some say Stubbs team lacked goals though.....guess what, Lennons teams lacks goals..with the added bonus of being absolutely awful to watch most of the time.

Luckily, with no gunts and huns, the other teams in the division are worse than we are.

"The other teams were worse than us". What a glorious way to win.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4386 Post(s)
    vCash
    Confident Stubbs would have got us promoted with more wins, more losses and less draws playing more attractive football.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Confident Stubbs would have got us promoted with more wins, more losses and less draws playing more attractive football.

We`ll get there. We`ll win it.

I agree though, i believe that had Stubbsy stayed we`d have won it already.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree with everyone else we should have had this wrapped up by now, but if you look at the table it's a really hellish league to get out of now - I would not like to be a Dundee United fan at this point. St Mirren at the bottom have already got enough points to have finished 4th bottom the year hearts went up and they still have 6 games to play. Not one team has lost half their games. This is the toughest league since we've been down and I imagine teams will be relegated with the highest points total for a long long time.

As I've noted previously, looking at the table is absolutely no guide to who is an easy game - if the league started at the beginning of February St Mirren would be top while Dundee United would be bottom.

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Unfortunately another toothless display how we didn't score in this first 10 mins of the second half just somes us up.
    Some major investment will be be needed next season .
    We just aren't that good

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    thought we were pretty rank again today but that's been typical under Lennon.

hope he will leave this summer
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6490 Post(s)
    vCash

I'm not confident. I'd say we both *know*...

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I liked Stubbs but I think I remember watching some pretty poor performances under his tenure as well. I think Lennon has supplied us with a style of football to get us out of this league , its brutal to watch generally and uninspiring but we will eventually win this very poor league. Some say the standard in this league is good a hard league , not for me , standards are the worst I think I have ever seen well ever and that's all the teams.
    One of these days a football match might breakout.........I live in hope.
    Lennon has done well with unfortunately a number of inadequate players. Some days we can play football with Stubbs or Lennon in charge but if professional players cannot maintain professional standards and consistent levels of performance then they are not really what is required at a Football Club such as Hibernian. But Lennon I think has urinated well with what god gave him or LD.

Rocky Keep
    Laidlaw Jury out
    Gray Jury out I hear gasps....I think Hes been very average this year injury prone........sorry xx
    Daz Keep New Hibernian FC Club Capt.
    Paul Keep
    Lewis Keep as squad player
    Barts Keep but with limited game time as and when required Castle Greyskull away perfect , Home to Motherwell nope.
    Fraser Great Player have a word NL. A player with personal pride and standards . Lennon has failed to get best from him. Apart from Palmerston where he simply showed what class he has.
    SJM Will be sold unfortunately
    Keatings Not overall good enough. Probably end up at Falkirk .
    Shinnie Hard one but I think I would let him go. Lightwieght and inconsistent . Flashes of quality is that enough ?
    Jas Will move on and will probably have a little success and will probably end up going out on loan somewhere down south take the money and reinvest in new squad. If he wants to stay Keep of course.
    Holt Will get a job in the club shop.
    Graham Not for me move on
    Dylan Will be released if his fitness does not improve , good player though.
    Boyle Release good pace no brain. (sorry Shrink)
    Martin Keep
    Handling Get rid asap.
    Effe Keep but I doubt we have the dosh. Been fun though.
    Fonts Experienced cant head a ball but generally sound.As cover Keep.
    Foster Strong good header of the ball but not the best footballer Release if possible.

So a lot of work to be done imo. Of course I could be way off opinions eh
    Only five more weeks or so of this guff is quite enough.
    Last edited by south west hiby; 02-04-17 at 05:12.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post

When Lennon was appointed as manager I was pilloried for suggesting he had never really proven himself, except in Celtic's European campaign. Thro'out this season, I have never criticised him, despite some horrible performances ( I've been to them all). Meanwhile, several contributors to this site have been less than complimentary, including some who thought he was the Second Coming. There have been games when I thought we did not give the opposition enough credit, but others when we were simply poor. So, my question is simple. How many, who thought Lennon was a wonderful appointment, have now changed their mind?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6490 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post

I think he will hope to.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    When Lennon was appointed as manager I was pilloried for suggesting he had never really proven himself, except in Celtic's European campaign. Thro'out this season, I have never criticised him, despite some horrible performances ( I've been to them all). Meanwhile, several contributors to this site have been less than complimentary, including some who thought he was the Second Coming. There have been games when I thought we did not give the opposition enough credit, but others when we were simply poor. So, my question is simple. How many, who thought Lennon was a wonderful appointment, have now changed their mind?
    Let's be honest, he was brought in to do a job and so far he is delivering on that. I think we have to take this season as it comes and reasses where we are next season.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Lennon is probably going to win the league , that's why he was brought in. Job nearly done , not saying its been fun. He deserves the first year in Premiership with his own players then I think I would be better placed to answer the question. I'm backing him I think there's better to come.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    Lennon is probably going to win the league , that's why he was brought in. Job nearly done , not saying its been fun. He deserves the first year in Premiership with his own players then I think I would be better placed to answer the question. I'm backing him I think there's better to come.
    I agree he`s going to win the league. No quite sure where the ' better to come' confidence comes fae but a higher standard of eye-bleeding hoofball would certainly be an improvement on the $#@!e we`ve had to endure this season right enough.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd like to judge Lennon on a team he can build, not one that was left to him. He's managed to sign two players, one a goalie and a few loan players. The squad we have right now is weaker than the squad Stubbs left. Hard to say that Stubbs would have done any better with this thread bare squad. Henderson and Stokes were a huge part of the cup winning squad. We lost Stokes and replaced him with Graham and Holt. Could combine them both and I'd still take a one legged Stoksey over them.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    I'd like to judge Lennon on a team he can build, not one that was left to him. He's managed to sign two players, one a goalie and a few loan players. The squad we have right now is weaker than the squad Stubbs left. Hard to say that Stubbs would have done any better with this thread bare squad. Henderson and Stokes were a huge part of the cup winning squad. We lost Stokes and replaced him with Graham and Holt. Could combine them both and I'd still take a one legged Stoksey over them.
    He has actually had two full windows. Last Summer and January. We got Grant Holt and another striker who`s barely played and a decent goalkeeper.
    A couple of 'emergency loans' who, in actual fact have been our best signings this season and Humphrey appears to have went AWOL. His signings, generally have been $#@!e.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    vCash
    He has actually had two full windows. Last Summer and January. We got Grant Holt and another striker who`s barely played and a decent goalkeeper.
    A couple of 'emergency loans' who, in actual fact have been our best signings this season and Humphrey appears to have went AWOL. His signings, generally have been $#@!e.
    Lennon joined us late in to the start of the season. By then most decent players had been snapped up and we were left scrapping the barrel. As for January, he wanted players and the board failed to deliver.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    If you leave out Conrad Logan who was an emergency signing as goalkeeper for the last couple of months, the only players we have really lost from last season's cup winning squad are Henderson and Stokes. Gunnarson would have been a good signing if we could have got him on a permanent deal but it was not to be. Henderson and Stokes were never our players...they were loaned out to us by Celtic. Replacing that quality would have been impossible with the budget Lennon would have had at the start of the season. We were always gong to find it hard this season given it was our third consecutive season in the Championship. I expect a big recruitment in the summer. We need far better quality attacking midfielders and especially strikers.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lennon joined us late in to the start of the season. By then most decent players had been snapped up and we were left scrapping the barrel. As for January, he wanted players and the board failed to deliver.
    Then hopefully this Summer he`ll spend it working for Hibs rather than the BBC. As for January,too much time spent fannying about with Celtic, Stokes and Commons resulted in us not solving our lack of goals problem. Point being he should`ve been looking somewhere else.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Then hopefully this Summer he`ll spend it working for Hibs rather than the BBC. As for January,too much time spent fannying about with Celtic, Stokes and Commons resulted in us not solving our lack of goals problem. Point being he should`ve been looking somewhere else.
    Think that's unfair on Lennon. He had a commitment before joining us and the board are responsible for the signing of players. Lennon will have given them a list of targets and they blew the January window.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Think that's unfair on Lennon. He had a commitment before joining us and the board are responsible for the signing of players. Lennon will have given them a list of targets and they blew the January window.
    Fair enough man. It`s an impasse. We could argue about this for hours but let`s no.

Season`s almost over and we will be champs. Let`s just hope that the next Summer window is better than the last one.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fair enough man. It`s an impasse. We could argue about this for hours but let`s no. Season`s almost over and we will be champs. Let`s just hope that the next Summer window is better than the last one.
    Totally agree big improvements are needed in the summer. Let's just get out this league and look forward.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree he`s going to win the league. No quite sure where the ' better to come' confidence comes fae but a higher standard of eye-bleeding hoofball would certainly be an improvement on the $#@!e we`ve had to endure this season right enough.
    Better to come . As you point out it canny get much worse would be my starting point. He has been forced by lack of investment from the board to sign players who could get us over the line on short term deals , I think Hes about achieved that. He has been able to get the same players roughly , possibly a poorer standard this season. than Stubbs was given and get them to a semi final beating Hearts on the way.
    Stubbs failed to gain promotion probably once , as first year no one could of. Stubbs left some good players but young and inconsistent types.
    Stubbs built a premiership style of fibta in the championship , lovely to watch but not good enough to win the thing infact it could be argued we went backwards in the year of our glorious cup win. The injury list has been horrendous he has mixed up his resources well.
    Looking at Managers I think we all do that when were poor. I think we are overrating many of the so called quality not quantity players acquired during our time in the Championship.
    So given proper support from LD better player recruitment by George Craig who slips under the radar I notice generally. I think Lennon can comfortably get us in the top half of the table next year.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash
    Better to come . As you point out it canny get much worse would be my starting point. He has been forced by lack of investment from the board to sign players who could get us over the line on short term deals , I think Hes about achieved that. He has been able to get the same players roughly , possibly a poorer standard this season. than Stubbs was given and get them to a semi final beating Hearts on the way.
    Stubbs failed to gain promotion probably once , as first year no one could of. Stubbs left some good players but young and inconsistent types.
    Stubbs built a premiership style of fibta in the championship , lovely to watch but not good enough to win the thing infact it could be argued we went backwards in the year of our glorious cup win. The injury list has been horrendous he has mixed up his resources well.
    Looking at Managers I think we all do that when were poor. I think we are overrating many of the so called quality not quantity players acquired during our time in the Championship.
    So given proper support from LD better player recruitment by George Craig who slips under the radar I notice generally. I think Lennon can comfortably get us in the top half of the table next year.
    Spot on auld yin!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on auld yin!
    You mixing me up wae shrink again... should of been in Livi this lovely morning got Hibs coming tae see that boy. Bloody cold.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)
    vCash
    Absolutely this. Next season we will have a very different looking team. If we sell John McGinn & Jason Cummings, the money must be re-invested into rebuilding the squad (not all of it, and probably not on paying out fees for many players) as there are a number of players who will leave the club. Lennon will then have a team of his own players, his target should be top 6 minimum and keeping our fine cup runs going.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    If we show a willingness to sign quality then I'm not convinced that Super and Jas will be on their way.

Not cut and dried.

Super has said he wouldn't fancy another season in the $#@! league but didn't indicate a desperate wish to move on. Not convinced that he sees the Smellies as being his preferred option either despite family connections.

GoGO Back To Forum