Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 119

Thread: Hibernian v Morton

  1. #51
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was also pointless bringing Holt out for the second half
    The whole stadium could see he was blowing out his arse aw night and there was actually a slapstick moment in the game after a promising attack the baw fell into his path but slightly ahead of him and it was verging on comedy tinged with sorrow watching him try to keep the move going
    Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free

  2. #52
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    When was the last time we won three on the trot? Or even two come to think of it?
    We have been given this league due to other teams all beating eachother
    Big big clear out required if or when we go up

  3. #53
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get up, and I get knocked down again...

    That was dreadful. After my somewhat optimistic take at half time it went ...nowhere. Once again never looked liked scoring after McGinn hit the post on the first minute. We limp on, and the finish line is getting closer, but boy is it painful. Our points tally over last 6, replicated over next 6, is enough to win it whatever Morton do. But while we never look like we'll score goals - even in games where we do - it's still all too close for comfort. Another massive Saturday coming up...Dunfermline is one of the last places I'd pick to go right now. I don't think we'll secure this till after the semi.

    Last Saturday looks fecking huge now.
    Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit players. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  4. #54
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free
    I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
    I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box

  5. #55
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.

  6. #56
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.
    If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
    I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box
    Pretty much sums up the night eh, pish night at the office but we never lost and games are quickly running out! Surely holt can't start on Saturday but chances are JC will be dropped before him

  7. #57
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player
    Correct. His most dangerous ball was a random 'shot' if you can call it that, which skited of a defender and nearly and rocketed through a ruck of players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit defenders. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.
    I reckon 7 more points will win this. Right now it feels like one win, and four draws is what will do that.

  8. #58
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

    He's not far off from being a sensational player.

  9. #59
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.

  10. #60
    Radge Private Member

    Green Sleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the early days of a better nation
    Posts
    2,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    139
    Lennon should take the vallies instead of giving them to the players. That was gash. Its gonna be a stagger over the line job like a punch drunk heavyweight against nippy wee ****s boxing above their weight. $#@! the Championship. Be glad to get oot of it.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

    He's not far off from being a sensational player.
    Agreed - one of the few comments M has made in his just backs, all year, tha had me scratching my head, was when he said (iirc) Boyle doesn't go past his man. Can't remember the game and maybe he failed to on that occasion, but he does so more than any of our other attacking players...and then does fecking zero.

  12. #62
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.
    McGinns no been great but I hate a midfield with Bartley and fyvie in it together they fall over each other, it has to be one or the other for me

  13. #63
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.
    You could be right eeg, one thing that is clear is the status quo ain't working
    I can't believe how we are so many points clear. For once it looks like we are getting a $#@! load of luck and the fitbaw gods are looking after us
    Even when we went on bad runs under stubbs you always felt that we where the best side in the league
    I suppose as long as we go up then none of this "turgid eye bleeding rank rotten" fitbaw will matter

  14. #64
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.
    I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.

    Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.

  15. #65
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2690 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    691

    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  16. #66
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.
    He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break

  17. #67
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.

    Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.
    Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break
    Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

  18. #68
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

    He's not far off from being a sensational player.
    He's can only look for JC anyway , Holt is as fit as me and our midfield are hanging back ready to start defending . We're so slow , sluggish and downright boring it's no real , what a waste of 22 quid that was

  19. #69
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  20. #70
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Love how much he defends his players about time we had a manger that's no taken any $#@! from anyone, he will always have people here that don't want him but I'm delighted we finally have a manager that's not scared to go against the grain and criticize and speak out

  21. #71
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess madhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    Our movement up top was shocking tonight. My biggest bugbear with Hibs is our strikers refusal to peel off into the gap between the Centre Back and Full Back. Time and time again there's space to be exploited there but we never do it.

    Boyle got pass marks for me tonight. Few others did.

  22. #72
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    Well said.
    Squirrel put in three or four superb near post balls which our sluggish strikers failed to attack.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with his final ball.
    Jason was poor, and his early 'April fool' of re-soling Holts boots with Velcro backfired badly.

  23. #73
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274

    Hibernian v Morton

    Another defence of Boyle...him and to a lesser extent Keatings put in deliveries from wide positions tonight. neither Holt (who was slower than coastal erosion) or Cummings made a near post run accross the keeper all night. Meanwhile McGinn and Bartley were usually to be found anticipating the counter attack on halfway. We don't half make scoring goals look like hard $#@!ing work with supposedly decent players.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  24. #74
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    Said that at the game, re low and hard balls into the box, mystified why our players never took it upon themselves to "read" this
    GGTTH

  25. #75
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

    - - - Updated - - -


    understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

    I missed what went on but if what lennon is saying is true then I $#@!n love that response reply or whatever it is
    As someone else said about time we had a manager who really really stands his corner and backs the players to a hilt
    Be interesting to hear what the baldy man says

  26. #76
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  27. #77
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.
    GGTTH

  28. #78
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    Not read just back yet (just about to) but I'm interested to hear if you rated a single player further forward than the back four higher than Boyle. Sorry to say that if you have, I think you're wrong. For me, not a one from Bartley, McGinn, Keats, Cummings, or Holt was worth $#@!all tonight. Every single one of them was horrible.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  29. #79
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    Yup - and that's when he wasn't having to put the kettle on waiting for them to get there.

  30. #80
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.
    Graham had 25 minutes, Boyle never found him either. At least he is beating his man and cares, more than can be said for some of his team mates.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  31. #81
    Radge Private Member



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Craigentinny
    Posts
    473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    agree with this, how about one forward goes short and the other peels off? Boyle is an easy target for the moaning faced fux

  32. #82
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    I think that's entirely fair comment on what Boyle has to deliver to...

  33. #83
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.

  34. #84
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.
    You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.

  35. #85
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  36. #86
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.
    How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle

  37. #87
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle
    I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  38. #88
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.
    Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing

  39. #89
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing
    2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

    He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  40. #90
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

    He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.
    He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
    Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

  41. #91
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
    Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

    100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  42. #92
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.
    I'd say SJM = GMS if he goes to Celtic . I just don't see him being a regular there

  43. #93
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say SJM = GMS if he goes to Celtic . I just don't see him being a regular there

    Think SJM will definitely be Celtic bound mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  44. #94
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think SJM will definitely be Celtic bound mate.
    Yeah wouldn't be a huge surprise , same old same old really

  45. #95
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

    likely to miss Morton away instead
    until the sky turns green

  46. #96
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2025 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1723
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

    likely to miss Morton away instead
    Good.

    Then win appeal righteously....then win game....then win square go.

    Easy.

  47. #97
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on the board making any big investments when we go up. The team clearly needed some freshening up and Lennon said as much. They have basically gambled the future of the club on being cheap. If Dundee Utd had struck any kind of form it would be a whole nother story. They have gambled and got lucky. That's not a gamble that should ever have been taken, especially as this is our third year in the league. Everything and anything should have been done to make sure it wasn't a gamble.

  48. #98
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing
    Yep i agree Daz, on form just now would Mcginn get a game?
    GGTTH

  49. #99
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    Spot on Mark. If he had a final ball he'd be a real thorn.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!


  50. #100
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think SJM will definitely be Celtic bound mate.
    While I probably agree but what ever happened to the we'll never sell to our rivals?

    Having said that celtc seem to be in a league of their own!
    Space to let

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Morton v Hibernian
    By 1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 19-12-16, 17:16
  2. Hibernian 0-3 morton
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum Club Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-02-16, 23:00
  3. Morton 0-1 hibernian
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum Club Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-16, 01:00
  4. Hibernian v Morton
    By 1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 15-08-15, 23:33
  5. Hibernian 1 morton 0
    By Official - Hibs Feed in forum Club Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-08-15, 17:10

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •