Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was also pointless bringing Holt out for the second half
    The whole stadium could see he was blowing out his arse aw night and there was actually a slapstick moment in the game after a promising attack the baw fell into his path but slightly ahead of him and it was verging on comedy tinged with sorrow watching him try to keep the move going
    Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    When was the last time we won three on the trot? Or even two come to think of it?
    We have been given this league due to other teams all beating eachother
    Big big clear out required if or when we go up

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    I get up, and I get knocked down again...

That was dreadful. After my somewhat optimistic take at half time it went ...nowhere. Once again never looked liked scoring after McGinn hit the post on the first minute. We limp on, and the finish line is getting closer, but boy is it painful. Our points tally over last 6, replicated over next 6, is enough to win it whatever Morton do. But while we never look like we'll score goals - even in games where we do - it's still all too close for comfort. Another massive Saturday coming up...Dunfermline is one of the last places I'd pick to go right now. I don't think we'll secure this till after the semi.

Last Saturday looks fecking huge now.
    Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit players. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free
    I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
    I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.
    If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
    I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box
    Pretty much sums up the night eh, pish night at the office but we never lost and games are quickly running out! Surely holt can't start on Saturday but chances are JC will be dropped before him

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player
    Correct. His most dangerous ball was a random 'shot' if you can call it that, which skited of a defender and nearly and rocketed through a ruck of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit defenders. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.
    I reckon 7 more points will win this. Right now it feels like one win, and four draws is what will do that.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

He's not far off from being a sensational player.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lennon should take the vallies instead of giving them to the players. That was gash. Its gonna be a stagger over the line job like a punch drunk heavyweight against nippy wee ****s boxing above their weight. $#@! the Championship. Be glad to get oot of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

Agreed - one of the few comments M has made in his just backs, all year, tha had me scratching my head, was when he said (iirc) Boyle doesn't go past his man. Can't remember the game and maybe he failed to on that occasion, but he does so more than any of our other attacking players...and then does fecking zero.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.
    McGinns no been great but I hate a midfield with Bartley and fyvie in it together they fall over each other, it has to be one or the other for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    You could be right eeg, one thing that is clear is the status quo ain't working
    I can't believe how we are so many points clear. For once it looks like we are getting a $#@! load of luck and the fitbaw gods are looking after us
    Even when we went on bad runs under stubbs you always felt that we where the best side in the league
    I suppose as long as we go up then none of this "turgid eye bleeding rank rotten" fitbaw will matter

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.

Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2690 Post(s)
    vCash

There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.
    He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash

Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.
    Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break
    Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post

understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

He's can only look for JC anyway , Holt is as fit as me and our midfield are hanging back ready to start defending . We're so slow , sluggish and downright boring it's no real , what a waste of 22 quid that was

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post

Love how much he defends his players about time we had a manger that's no taken any $#@! from anyone, he will always have people here that don't want him but I'm delighted we finally have a manager that's not scared to go against the grain and criticize and speak out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
    Our movement up top was shocking tonight. My biggest bugbear with Hibs is our strikers refusal to peel off into the gap between the Centre Back and Full Back. Time and time again there's space to be exploited there but we never do it.

Boyle got pass marks for me tonight. Few others did.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well said.
    Squirrel put in three or four superb near post balls which our sluggish strikers failed to attack.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with his final ball.
    Jason was poor, and his early 'April fool' of re-soling Holts boots with Velcro backfired badly.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash

Hibernian v Morton

Another defence of Boyle...him and to a lesser extent Keatings put in deliveries from wide positions tonight. neither Holt (who was slower than coastal erosion) or Cummings made a near post run accross the keeper all night. Meanwhile McGinn and Bartley were usually to be found anticipating the counter attack on halfway. We don't half make scoring goals look like hard $#@!ing work with supposedly decent players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Said that at the game, re low and hard balls into the box, mystified why our players never took it upon themselves to "read" this
    GGTTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

- - - Updated - - -

understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

I missed what went on but if what lennon is saying is true then I $#@!n love that response reply or whatever it is
    As someone else said about time we had a manager who really really stands his corner and backs the players to a hilt
    Be interesting to hear what the baldy man says

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
    The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.
    GGTTH

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    This.

Not read just back yet (just about to) but I'm interested to hear if you rated a single player further forward than the back four higher than Boyle. Sorry to say that if you have, I think you're wrong. For me, not a one from Bartley, McGinn, Keats, Cummings, or Holt was worth $#@!all tonight. Every single one of them was horrible.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Yup - and that's when he wasn't having to put the kettle on waiting for them to get there.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.
    Graham had 25 minutes, Boyle never found him either. At least he is beating his man and cares, more than can be said for some of his team mates.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    agree with this, how about one forward goes short and the other peels off? Boyle is an easy target for the moaning faced fux

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think that's entirely fair comment on what Boyle has to deliver to...

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.
    You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.
    How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle
    I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.
    Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing
    2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.
    He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
    Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
    Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.
    I'd say SJM = GMS if he goes to Celtic . I just don't see him being a regular there

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd say SJM = GMS if he goes to Celtic . I just don't see him being a regular there

Think SJM will definitely be Celtic bound mate.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Yeah wouldn't be a huge surprise , same old same old really

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

likely to miss Morton away instead
    until the sky turns green

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2025 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

likely to miss Morton away instead
    Good.

Then win appeal righteously....then win game....then win square go.

Easy.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on the board making any big investments when we go up. The team clearly needed some freshening up and Lennon said as much. They have basically gambled the future of the club on being cheap. If Dundee Utd had struck any kind of form it would be a whole nother story. They have gambled and got lucky. That's not a gamble that should ever have been taken, especially as this is our third year in the league. Everything and anything should have been done to make sure it wasn't a gamble.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Yep i agree Daz, on form just now would Mcginn get a game?
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on Mark. If he had a final ball he'd be a real thorn.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    While I probably agree but what ever happened to the we'll never sell to our rivals?

Having said that celtc seem to be in a league of their own!
    Space to let

GoGO Back To Forum