0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, the stakes are so high it's messing with us all to an extent I think; go up and we're in our strongest position for 40 years potentially, don't go up and potential downsizing with long lasting effect.
    That sir is the simple truth, recognising the importance of this season has taken stress to a new level. Relief valve will blow when we achieve our goal.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. The standard of player is clearly good enough to achieve the objective of promotion. Top of the league with a double digit lead, rarely get beat, in the SC semi final and recently removed a usual nemesis from the equation pretty much.

Lennon as a manager is always going to demand more from his squad and his board, that's his job. I'd be unhappy if he didn't, but the board done the required and provided him with the squad to get the job done. They've acted when necessary and got Commons and Efe in, taken abide that the offers for both reached the limit and walked when unhappy with counter offers. Seems sensible.

Now none of the above apply to next season, but let's deal with this season before looking ahead to that.

Gambling with the very existence of the club seems like quite a reach to me.
    I shall turn it on its head in the interests of debate , The standard of player we have and I shall not count the magnificent cup win as I accept they can raise their game and play some lovely stuff occasionally. However three seasons in Championship , finishing 2nd then third behind Fawkirk should be considered. And we are several points clear at the top of the league but that's mainly due to others teams shortcomings rather than our ability to perform in the bread and butter of the league.Too many inconsistent performers in this very poor league. And far too many draws.
    Season ticket sales , good attendances , and all that stuff we have discussed many times. So finance has to be there I would hope.
    I think this season could of went belly up quite easily , and we all know how important it was / is to get promoted. Ok things are looking good and that's undeniable , but for the board to consider that they have provided a squad that is completely capable of winning the league , when they have struggled over the line and we are not there yet in April ,and with other teams obliging along the way does suggest to me a gamble took place at boardroom level. And I think that is worth highlighting as we move forward and only Lennons streetwise approach has got us there , and I think he feels frustration with that and is voicing it in a quiet but persistent manner.
    Your right we have to deal with this season before the next , but I have a uneasy feeling that not all that could be done for this season was. And with the importance of promotion this season , every resource should of been applied here and now , no thinking of next seasons finance . I don't think it was and things could of been different and that was a very big risk to take with the clubs immediate future if indeed it took place as is being suggested throughout this thread.
    LD I'm generally not a great fan , I make no secret of that and I think she has been pulled in by Stakeholders at Hibernian. She hung her hook on Stubbs and we won the cup , but she probably over spent in supporting him a bit , he was inexperienced in winning leagues from a managerial point of view and it showed. Lennon came along , and dug her out of a hole me thinks and wants the support Stubbs got but I don't think Hes getting that.
    Commons and Effe have both done well , but are short term fixes and losing Commons illustrated the lack of real quality we have. Financially a good move perhaps , but I'm not a plugging the gaps kind of person , I prefer a well thought approach that has players recruited with a good future at Hibernian and will help with the transition into the upper tier . Forward planning without proper recruitment can be costly to the very fabric of the club as we have unfortunately all seen before and I don't or would not like to think we return to those days under LD watch.

I agree you make many good points , and winning the league is all that matters , the football has changed this season and I understand the reasons for it , someone mentioned Hearts planning for relegation they did , it was a shock to us but in reality it was coming for sometime by the lack of proper structure and planning within player and managerial recruitment , and I'm getting an uneasy feeling many of those principles have been abandoned this season.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    I shall turn it on its head in the interests of debate , The standard of player we have and I shall not count the magnificent cup win as I accept they can raise their game and play some lovely stuff occasionally. However three seasons in Championship , finishing 2nd then third behind Fawkirk should be considered. And we are several points clear at the top of the league but that's mainly due to others teams shortcomings rather than our ability to perform in the bread and butter of the league.Too many inconsistent performers in this very poor league. And far too many draws.
    Several does mean three or more so I'll accept that 10 is several! You'll not heard any argument from any supporter that 3 years in this league is 3 too many ( although I've enjoyed it more than most and wouldn't hesitate to win the SC over promotion, but that's a different thread) but we need to take this season in isolation, and we're succeeding. To blame that on the short comings of other teams is a wee bit unfair, on both us and them.

Season ticket sales , good attendances , and all that stuff we have discussed many times. So finance has to be there I would hope.
    I think this season could of went belly up quite easily , and we all know how important it was / is to get promoted. Ok things are looking good and that's undeniable , but for the board to consider that they have provided a squad that is completely capable of winning the league , when they have struggled over the line and we are not there yet in April ,and with other teams obliging along the way does suggest to me a gamble took place at boardroom level. And I think that is worth highlighting as we move forward and only Lennons streetwise approach has got us there , and I think he feels frustration with that and is voicing it in a quiet but persistent manner.
    We've hardly struggled over the line, it's still March and we'll have the league won in the next fortnight probably, maybe sooner. A month left of the season and our next concern is going to be keeping players match ready for cup fixtures.

Your right we have to deal with this season before the next , but I have a uneasy feeling that not all that could be done for this season was. And with the importance of promotion this season , every resource should of been applied here and now , no thinking of next seasons finance . I don't think it was and things could of been different and that was a very big risk to take with the clubs immediate future if indeed it took place as is being suggested throughout this thread.
    I'm not thinking about next year, that's my point exactly. Lennon has been given the means to win the league and he has done. And let's remember, we took as much of a punt on Lennon as he took on us. His record as a coach can be interpreted in a couple of ways, one not as flattering as the other, so I'm perfectly happy that our board haven't bent to his every whim and demand. Think the last manager that had that kind of sway over the board was McLeish, lets not forget how that ended. Lennon is doing a reasonable job with reasonable resources.

LD I'm generally not a great fan , I make no secret of that and I think she has been pulled in by Stakeholders at Hibernian. She hung her hook on Stubbs and we won the cup , but she probably over spent in supporting him a bit , he was inexperienced in winning leagues from a managerial point of view and it showed. Lennon came along , and dug her out of a hole me thinks and wants the support Stubbs got but I don't think Hes getting that.
    I'm not a massive fan either. She's let the support down on 3 or 4 occasions when she had ample opportunity to represent us better. I was at her very first meeting at ER on the day Paul Kane had their protest outside. She presented herself very well I thought, but there's been times when she's eroded a wee bit of that initial goodwill.

I agree you make many good points , and winning the league is all that matters , the football has changed this season and I understand the reasons for it , someone mentioned Hearts planning for relegation they did , it was a shock to us but in reality it was coming for sometime by the lack of proper structure and planning within player and managerial recruitment , and I'm getting an uneasy feeling many of those principles have been abandoned this season.
    I guess bringing LD into Hibs has changed that aspect of the club for better, we've now got a structure in place that has brought us two coaches that will be viewed as successful Stubbs winning the Cup and another final, Lennon winning promotion and maybe another cup. it's probably the best aspect of LD tenure, and the most important. The principles of financial prudence, media omerta and conservatism is alive and well at ER imo.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think the criticism from some in the minority of Leeann Dempster is extremely harsh. She's made mistakes. Some very bad ones but overall she's been excellent for our club. I laugh too at the criticism Alan Stubbs Hibs Scottish Cup WINNING manager gets from some quarters... He '...got lucky..' winning the Scottish Cup. Dearie me! Oh and Leeann got lucky too him winning it. Dearie me X's 10.

Anyone who expected us to win the league in his first season were living in a parallel universe. With the shambolic mess he inherited he did brilliantly to finish 2nd. He was unlucky in the play offs up and the Scottish Cup semi final. The second season he did well making a fist of it up against a Hun side that had a hugely superior budget. The cup runs hurt us in the league. He/we were a victim of out own success. Yes finishing behind Falkirk and losing to them in the play offs wasn't great but IMHO it gave us all the greatest day in our history.

I will forever be grateful to Leeann Dempster and her appointment Alan Stubbs for giving us back our club and 21St May 2016.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    I think the criticism from some in the minority of Leeann Dempster is extremely harsh. She's made mistakes. Some very bad ones but overall she's been excellent for our club. I laugh too at the criticism Alan Stubbs Hibs Scottish Cup WINNING manager gets from some quarters... He '...got lucky..' winning the Scottish Cup. Dearie me! Oh and Leeann got lucky too him winning it. Dearie me X's 10.

Anyone who expected us to win the league in his first season were living in a parallel universe. With the shambolic mess he inherited he did brilliantly to finish 2nd. He was unlucky in the play offs up and the Scottish Cup semi final. The second season he did well making a fist of it up against a Hun side that had a hugely superior budget. The cup runs hurt us in the league. He/we were a victim of out own success. Yes finishing behind Falkirk and losing to them in the play offs wasn't great but IMHO it gave us all the greatest day in our history.

I will forever be grateful to Leeann Dempster and her appointment Alan Stubbs for giving us back our club and 21St May 2016.
    She's been good at the main aspect of her job, employing coaches to guide the team.

There are other aspects of her job she's been lacking. Ibrox,Complete lack of support for innocent supporters targeted post 21/05, loyalty points, tynie away debacle.Her preferred club of support also makes me wary of her.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    She's been good at the main aspect of her job, employing coaches to guide the team.

There are other aspects of her job she's been lacking. Ibrox,Complete lack of support for innocent supporters targeted post 21/05, loyalty points, tynie away debacle.Her preferred club of support also makes me wary of her.
    I agree there's been mistakes but she's got a huge amount right. She works very long hours and I think she's been a great appointment for our club.

I agree on the point you raise re 21st May. I was saying in conversation with @aggie on Saturday that we've gone beyond the point of 'enough is enough'. I appreciate and respect that the club were/are $#@!ting it from repercussions but to me it seems it's gone way too far and the club should be saying so.

That said the statements the club put out in reply/response to James Traynor Ibrox PR were very good.

Is it known who her preferred club of support are?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash

I think she has been the best thing that has happened to Hibs in at least 35 years. She arrived when we were hitting rock bottom, discovering new levels of compounded failure and humiliation beyond what I could have imagined. This was the end point of years of decline and decades of stagnation. We are hopefully weeks away from confirming our return to the top flight, a Scottish cup hoodoo burst (and potentially even better than that). We have an incredible spine to the team given three years in the second tier and are potentially in our best position since the early 70s. She has done a fantastic job: not everything can be fixed on day one and tbh the stuff listed above is at the margins compared to core priorities and in some cases not resolvable. Our approach after the cup final took the sting out of what might have been a much bigger problem for the club in front of a vengeful Hun power base.

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash

I thought she may be a Celtic fan, favouring our manager choices, but you being wary makes me smell fee fo fi hun? She's done a very good job regardless.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy 'O' Hibee View Post
    I thought she may be a Celtic fan, favouring our manager choices, but you being wary makes me smell fee fo fi hun? She's done a very good job regardless.
    Aw ffs, we're really going there?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Why not? It should be made perfectly clear the allegiances of any board member of Hibs. Do you not care if we've got Rangers or Hearts supporters on our board?

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    No, it's not important. The fact she played a massive roll in us winning the Scottish Cup totally is and indeed the progress that is being made by our club is all that matters, I seen how much winning the cup meant to her, she's a Hibby.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Why not? It should be made perfectly clear the allegiances of any board member of Hibs. Do you not care if we've got Rangers or Hearts supporters on our board?
    As long as they give their all for Hibs I don't give a monkeys. Under her tenure we've stuck it right up the hun in every conceivable way; with the Scott Allan saga being a decisive example of a board not kowtowing to the huns games.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    As long as they give their all for Hibs I don't give a monkeys. Under her tenure we've stuck it right up the hun in every conceivable way; with the Scott Allan saga being a decisive example of a board not kowtowing to the huns games.
    Except standing up for innocent supporters post 21/05. She's doing fine, she could be doing better.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Except standing up for innocent supporters post 21/05. She's doing fine, she could be doing better.
    You think she's doing that cos she has hun sympathies? Really? I think it was an approach which led to the club escaping with a minor fine, instead of censures which could have been devastating in our position, and despite the pressure to that end from a rabid weegie media. what do you actually expect her to do? Not sure any football chairman / CEO can be seen to be defending people in such a situation - fellow fans can but that is different. I can't think of a precedent.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree with this , if she had not won that cup she might of got the hee haw fine lines and all that. Anyway turned 50 today so will come back to our debate a wee bit later as I'm going oot for a party. A very bad idea.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    You think she's doing that cos she has hun sympathies? Really? I think it was an approach which led to the club escaping with a minor fine, instead of censures which could have been devastating in our position, and despite the pressure to that end from a rabid weegie media. what do you actually expect her to do? Not sure any football chairman / CEO can be seen to be defending people in such a situation - fellow fans can but that is different. I can't think of a precedent.
    Where did I say that? Don't manipulate egb.

I've suggested various times she's let down the support -usually the regular away support- and the way the club/she handled the torrent of pish post 21/5 aimed at the folk who went onto the pitch.

The way she handled it was by pretty much saying $#@! all in support of her client base, doing pretty much zero except using broad brush strokes of condemnation, a couple of cosy meals at Ibrox with counterparts and that's pretty much it. When Rod Petrie is beating you to the punch in backing up the support, you know you've done the absolute minimum.

I'm pretty sure most chairmen/CEOs in other civilised countries post cup final victory would have said something about joy/exuberance/tiny minorities, but we've got innocent guys being charged 10 months after and still nothing from our CEO. If you think that's acceptable fair enough, I think it's pretty pish.

But that aside, I acknowledge she's had a positive impact on the football employment aspect of the club.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this , if she had not won that cup she might of got the hee haw fine lines and all that. Anyway turned 50 today so will come back to our debate a wee bit later as I'm going oot for a party. A very bad idea.
    Happy birthday!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Where did I say that? Don't manipulate egb.
    its not manipulation - asking you the question is entirely reasonable in light of immediately preceding discussion of who she may or may not support. Maybe you could clarify what you did mean instead of this trump style 'just putting it out there' stuff followed by suggesting any response has taken you wrong

I've suggested various times she's let down the support -usually the regular away support- and the way the club/she handled the torrent of pish post 21/5 aimed at the folk who went onto the pitch.

The way she handled it was by pretty much saying $#@! all in support of her client base, doing pretty much zero except using broad brush strokes of condemnation, a couple of cosy meals at Ibrox with counterparts and that's pretty much it. When Rod Petrie is beating you to the punch in backing up the support, you know you've done the absolute minimum.

I'm pretty sure most chairmen/CEOs in other civilised countries post cup final victory would have said something about joy/exuberance/tiny minorities, but we've got innocent guys being charged 10 months after and still nothing from our CEO. If you think that's acceptable fair enough, I think it's pretty pish.

But that aside, I acknowledge she's had a positive impact on the football employment aspect of the club.
    im pretty sure you would not find any chairman / CEO defending fans being where they aren't supposed to be. If you can turn up examples I'll be quite surprised. I think she and Rodders played a blinder. Incidentally in a corporate structure it's the chairman who represents the shareholder interest - its more Rodders job than hers, and he too kept it schtum after the interview on the day itself.

And with my battery about to go that will have to be the last view from me!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4459 Post(s)
    vCash
    Using Trump should be 2017s equivalent of Godwin's law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash

Great post Smurf, my thoughts exactly.
    As for this season, no-one could have predicted the injuries we have suffered this season, just about a whole midfield out, then nearly our whole defence..now that is an unusual sequence of injuries...I am sure we would have been so much more consistent if we hadnt had such bad luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh im not sure, as some have said, what she can really say or do re 21/05.
    My disappointment is the relative complete lack of action on the way our fans got treated by, police, stewards and the vile fans at ibrox!! A disgusting episode at a ground full of vile hatred thrown at us and the vile sectarian abuse our fans and manager was subjected to, which was caught on camera.
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    And there was me thinking Leeann occasionally went along to celtc park with her brothers.

Shows how much I care!

I agree there have been a number of occasions when I've thought the club should have done more, I'll harp back to ibrox. I don't have any issues with the Club's stance on cup final though. They shouldn't have been on pitch and I think the Club's hands are tied.

I wholeheartedly agree the police reactions have been disproportionate.

Leeann has said many times 'So long as I get more of the big decisions right than wrong ...'

I think she's done that.

Quite a few wee decisions though that haven't gone to plan.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1864 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post

My disappointment is the relative complete lack of action on the way our fans got treated by, police, stewards and the vile fans at ibrox!! A disgusting episode at a ground full of vile hatred thrown at us and the vile sectarian abuse our fans and manager was subjected to, which was caught on camera.
    I suppose the game last December was no different / worse than dozens of others over the years so any inaction by the club is not unique to LD...

will be worse next time

usually find Ibrox quite sanitised these days
    until the sky turns green

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    I suppose the game last December was no different / worse than dozens of others over the years so any inaction by the club is not unique to LD...

will be worse next time

usually find Ibrox quite sanitised these days
    Been spat on, coins on the head arrested for attempting to rescue a prisoner, stuck in the back of a police van with hoards of them, covered in spit again, was called a fenian by Govan polis, threatened all evening by thugs in cells the fenian would die 😂 thrown a sausage supper, literally chucked. Kind of believe that end of Glasgow will never change, should have shut the place after Glasgow Rangers died. Next game will be difficult for Hibs fans from all angles, I wouldn't take a young child.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree there's been mistakes but she's got a huge amount right. She works very long hours and I think she's been a great appointment for our club.

I agree on the point you raise re 21st May. I was saying in conversation with @aggie on Saturday that we've gone beyond the point of 'enough is enough'. I appreciate and respect that the club were/are $#@!ting it from repercussions but to me it seems it's gone way too far and the club should be saying so.

That said the statements the club put out in reply/response to James Traynor Ibrox PR were very good.

Is it known who her preferred club of support are?
    You are still love sick after that fleeting moment wth her in Innerleithen one sunny day a few summers ago.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And there was me thinking Leeann occasionally went along to celtc park with her brothers.

Shows how much I care!

I agree there have been a number of occasions when I've thought the club should have done more, I'll harp back to ibrox. I don't have any issues with the Club's stance on cup final though. They shouldn't have been on pitch and I think the Club's hands are tied.

I wholeheartedly agree the police reactions have been disproportionate.

Leeann has said many times 'So long as I get more of the big decisions right than wrong ...'

I think she's done that.

Quite a few wee decisions though that haven't gone to plan.
    Correct Jack. Leeann is celtc minded.

As for her being the bees-knees....Eh naw. She has spat the dummy a few times when questioned on her methods. And completely went in the huff at points too. Who can forget the utter pish of her being harassed by irate Hibees so much that she had to go stay in a hotel for a weekend? Aye right then

Saying that I like her. I can see she is good for us.

I still like the majority of what she does and it is quite plain to see that she understands more, the whole concept of being not just a supporter but a Hibs supporter, much much more than Farmer & Petrie. Mibbes cos she is actually fitba minded. After all, It was her that got the crest put up in her first season which lead to Scottish Cup glory after all innit.

Hopefully she will get stronger cos bet yer bottom dollar there is trouble on the horizon next visit to Ibrox. It will be open season on Hibs fans, carte blanche to do what you want against us....even more than it usually is. How can this be?? It's been happening anyway for yonks. She better stand up for us when it happens. Cos it will.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    You are still love sick after that fleeting moment wth her in Innerleithen one sunny day a few summers ago.
    That made me laugh mate. 👍

True. 💚😉

GoGO Back To Forum