Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 67

Thread: 15,108

  1. #1
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722

    15,233

    That is our average attendance in this league so far. It will probably end up higher by the time the season finishes. Remarkable.

    To put this in perspective, this season could be our best attended since 72/73. In fact it could be the 15th best attended season in our history. Pat yourself on the back Hibees. Truly outstanding.

    Average Hibernian Home League Attendances
    Last edited by beefy; 16-04-17 at 12:09. Reason: flucuations

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131
    Hopefully another big crowd for Morton at home on Wednesday.

  3. #3
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    It's annoying isn't it.
    All the $#@!in glory hunters and tourists.
    Aye. Enjoy the $#@!in game, dinnae mind me.
    Parking spaces get parked in.
    What the $#@! is that all about?

    Queuing for an overpriced coffee?
    $#@!sake.

  4. #4
    Baby Radge kaimendhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    kaimend
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's annoying isn't it.
    All the $#@!in glory hunters and tourists.
    Aye. Enjoy the $#@!in game, dinnae mind me.
    Parking spaces get parked in.
    What the $#@! is that all about?

    Queuing for an overpriced coffee?
    $#@!sake.
    😂😂😂😂😂

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully another big crowd for Morton at home on Wednesday.
    I would like to think so. The majority of games under the lights this season have had an almost magical atmosphere it feels like.


    Shine On Hibees. Shine On

  6. #6
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    That is the potential of this great club...get back to the top league next season and push on for honours in the years ahead. Crowds will continue high as long the fans feel the club is moving forward.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  7. #7
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    395
    Absolutely fantastic effort from the fans!

  8. #8
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is our average attendance in this league so far. It will probably end up higher by the time the season finishes. Remarkable.

    To put this in perspective, this season could be our best attended since 72/73. In fact it could be the 15th best attended season in our history. Pat yourself on the back Hibees. Truly outstanding.

    Average Hibernian Home League Attendances
    65,000 in ER would have been an unbelievable experience. Gutted I'm going to miss Wednesday but new job starting tomorrow so can't be asking for time off so soon....Surely not.

  9. #9
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Attendance announced yesterday compared tae last week against Dumbarton, wis only 1000 more, cannae mind the figures but I thought there was more than a thousand more yesterday.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  10. #10
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attendance announced yesterday compared tae last week against Dumbarton, wis only 1000 more, cannae mind the figures but I thought there was more than a thousand more yesterday.
    probably 7-800 more in the away end

  11. #11
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attendance announced yesterday compared tae last week against Dumbarton, wis only 1000 more, cannae mind the figures but I thought there was more than a thousand more yesterday.
    14,033 at Dumbarton game and 16,140 yesterday from the fishy site. As much as I now have a dislike for Falkirk they do always bring a decent crowd and try to make noise. Not a patch on the ER faithful though.

  12. #12
    The Hibee Radge



    Daddy 'O' Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    181
    The Scottish cup win brought back the feel good factor, you can't underestimate the greatness of that achievement, winning is a big part of the success. I remember the crowds being very good the last time we escaped this division with Latapy and Sauzee. It is expensive for dads, mums, grandads and everybody to buy season tickets, so the club must endeavour to keep this momentum going, with Leanne Dempsters drive I hope the club continues to move forward to higher places and continuing success. Two in a row is achievable with this manager and the players. GGTTH

  13. #13
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    probably 7-800 more in the away end
    Plus a right few more hibbys , I thought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14,033 at Dumbarton game and 16,140 yesterday from the fishy site. As much as I now have a dislike for Falkirk they do always bring a decent crowd and try to make noise. Not a patch on the ER faithful though.
    2000 more, I thought I heard 14900 odds over the tannoy last week. Still think there was a lot more than 2000 more yesterday though.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus a right few more hibbys , I thought.

    - - - Updated - - -



    2000 more, I thought I heard 14900 odds over the tannoy last week. Still think there was a lot more than 2000 more yesterday though.
    Missed last week's game but to be getting crowds like this week after week in the championship is superb.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Missed last week's game but to be getting crowds like this week after week in the championship is superb.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Aye true, that's what winning does. Long may it continue.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  16. #16
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus a right few more hibbys , I thought.

    - - - Updated - - -


    .
    Yep I'd agree

  17. #17
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye true, that's what winning does. Long may it continue.
    See I'm hearing that a lot about us winning and only reason gates are up. But realistically if that was the case we would be mathematically untouchable in the league by now. Draw against Dumbarton last week yet 2000 more this week over 1000 of that was in the Hibs end. I'm not disputing that being at the top is not a significant factor as well as winning the cup.

    Credit has to go to the folk in the background pushing ideas to attract numbers or the fellow hibbys tightening the screw thumbs on stay away fans and of course the great forums like the Bounce .

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1641 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1017
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See I'm hearing that a lot about us winning and only reason gates are up. But realistically if that was the case we would be mathematically untouchable in the league by now. Draw against Dumbarton last week yet 2000 more this week over 1000 of that was in the Hibs end. I'm not disputing that being at the top is not a significant factor as well as winning the cup.

    Credit has to go to the folk in the background pushing ideas to attract numbers or the fellow hibbys tightening the screw thumbs on stay away fans and of course the great forums like the Bounce .

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The sun was oot. Our crowds have held up over the winter because the team was winning. I imagine the crowds will get bigger as the season closes out with us top if the league, winning matches and possibly another feelgood factor in the cup. The sun being oot definitely makes a huge difference though. Summer fitba anyone?
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

  19. #19
    Player Sponsor

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    52
    The attendance this season is all the more remarkable when you consider that most of the previous years would include Derbies and visits from Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers. Potentally a lot of full houses next season.

  20. #20
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by pq123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The attendance this season is all the more remarkable when you consider that most of the previous years would include Derbies and visits from Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers. Potentally a lot of full houses next season.
    Thats a goid point, meaning far more Hibs fans on average at each game, top away crowd maybe 1k instead of 6 x 3.8k and more 2k
    GGTTH

  21. #21
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a goid point, meaning far more Hibs fans on average at each game, top away crowd maybe 1k instead of 6 x 3.8k and more 2k
    Our average home support is surely higher than the gunts this year. I reckon our average gate is equivalent to circa 17k if we had top flight visiting supports.

  22. #22
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS man, get a grip o' yersel'..us fair rather glory hunting ****s fae Wales must be a proper pain in the but for you diehards eh ?...Thank $#@! I was I'll and couldnae make it up for the big cup game, would have hated to impinge on the joy of aw' the real hobbies ..... ;)Cheers
    Spot on heid. Demand an apology and a couple of weeks banning order to let him learn from this.
    You guys are just as important as the diehards in my eyes.

    Sorry to hear you were I'll pal

  23. #23
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our average home support is surely higher than the gunts this year. I reckon our average gate is equivalent to circa 17k if we had top flight visiting supports.
    The gunts average is 16,326 but as you say swelled with much higher away supports. Over 15 games there has been 244,897 peeps through their turnstyles.

    There has been 211,525 peeps through ours over 14 games.

  24. #24
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our average home support is surely higher than the gunts this year. I reckon our average gate is equivalent to circa 17k if we had top flight visiting supports.
    Yep, the average away support has clearly upped their crowd. It woud be interesting to find out average away crowd visiting ER. Dumbarton had 119 fans last week

  25. #25
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS man, get a grip o' yersel'..us fair rather glory hunting ****s fae Wales must be a proper pain in the but for you diehards eh ?...Thank $#@! I was I'll and couldnae make it up for the big cup game, would have hated to impinge on the joy of aw' the real hobbies ..... ;)Cheers
    Woooooosh!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  26. #26
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    That season (14/15) when it was the gunts, us & the huns. Hertz average crowd that season was 15,985. The games against us and the hun obviously made it this high.

    So to be averaging less than a thousand than that without having full houses against yer derby rivals & the huns is an amazing effort by us Hibees I say. And we still have another 4 home games to make it even higher. Great stuff.

  27. #27
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    I'd expect a sellout v St Mirren on the last day, as it will be a TITLE WINNING PARTY


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd expect a sellout v St Mirren on the last day, as it will be a TITLE WINNING PARTY


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope we have a few games that are title winning parties

  29. #29
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The gunts average is 16,326 but as you say swelled with much higher away supports. Over 15 games there has been 244,897 peeps through their turnstyles.

    There has been 211,525 peeps through ours over 14 games.
    Dont they also count ST holders even whent hey dont turn up?

    Anyway Couple of us in Majorca and feeling bad for keeping the crowds low be working midweek as well...im a part time supporter...glory hunter...fair weather fan

  30. #30
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Hibs v Falkirk on Saturday was the second highest league attendance in the UK at the week-end.
    Only Portsmouth v Newport County was higher.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  31. #31
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    We've notched it up a tad...




    15,111



    Just noticed that our lowest League crowd this season is 13,861. The last time that was topped was in season 52-53 where our lowest crowd was 15,000.

    The funkin 50's man!

  32. #32
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    15,233



  33. #33
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    It's official. This season is our best supported since the 72/73 season. We can't top that, with 2 home games left I think 16,100 is just out of reach?

    However, we can beat the next best season which was 60/61. Average crowds then were 15,471. We are only 238 short of that with 2 home games to go. One more game under the lights against Rudi Ska....erm, I mean Raith Rovers... and a final partytime game against St Mirren. Very do-able innit? :

    If we do top that season when we had the likes of Joe Baker playing for us? then this season would be the 14th best attended season in our entire history.

    Yip...

    14th


    Wow! Let's do it, Hibs fans.

  34. #34
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's official. This season is our best supported since the 72/73 season. We can't top that, with 2 home games left I think 16,100 is just out of reach?

    However, we can beat the next best season which was 60/61. Average crowds then were 15,471. We are only 238 short of that with 2 home games to go. One more game under the lights against Rudi Ska....erm, I mean Raith Rovers... and a final partytime game against St Mirren. Very do-able innit? :

    If we do top that season when we had the likes of Joe Baker playing for us? then this season would be the 14th best attended season in our entire history.

    Yip...

    14th


    Wow! Let's do it, Hibs fans.


    That is incredible, we all hark back to the days we never saw (most of us) especially quoting 65k at ER, but the reality is somewhat different as that really was a magical time, but pretty short lived. The fact also that the game is pretty expensive nowadays as well with so much free viewing on screen and other choices for entertainment makes it even more special. We are also well ahead of Aberdeen who are in 2nd spot in SPL and reached a final and semi already this year. Scottish Premiership 2016/2017 Home Average Attendance


    Not to mention most of these clubs count unused STs

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Amazing to think we got 5,500 odds for a home league game almost exactly a year ago
    until the sky turns green

  36. #36
    Radge Donator


    brianmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    483
    Surely the prospect of seeing that horrible little gunt Skacel line up with his Raith team mates to perform a "Guard of Honour" for the Mighty Cabbage at our next home game may put some extra bums on seats??

  37. #37
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1641 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1017
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely the prospect of seeing that horrible little gunt Skacel line up with his Raith team mates to perform a "Guard of Honour" for the Mighty Cabbage at our next home game may put some extra bums on seats??
    Call me cynical but I have a funny feeling that if there's going to be a guard of honour our friend Skacel may claim to be injured or unavailable for selection.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

  38. #38
    Radge Donator


    brianmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    483
    You're cynical!

  39. #39
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1641 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1017
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're cynical!
    We'll see. Image being Skacel, plastered all over every Hibs forum and Facebook thread giving a 'Hearty' (see what I did there) congratulations to a set of fans and a club he utterly hates or feigning injury or something to avoid that embarrassment among his adoring Gunt fans?
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

  40. #40
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Skacel is seemingly suspended for the game.

    I have this picture in my heid though of Yogi holding him out by the scruff of the neck whispering in his lughole "I'm gonna fuuuuuuuuckin batter you unless ye clap the Hibees ya wee cu..." then proceeds to takes a big chomp RaRRR Raith RoverLIONSRARRR! stylee oot his........nose

  41. #41
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    I couldn't give a fcuk about the 'guard of honour' and I care even less about Skacel. He would have done a wee 5-1 then complained about racists calling him a $#@!wit.

    The man is an arse living off history that is entirely unimportant to me.
    If Raith perform the 'guard' then I'm happy the little wankpiece is nowhere near and won't get any publicity out of further childish antics.

    Basically the man is a ****.

  42. #42
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    617 jambos made it down to Killie the other night which is at least 5 times what they took to Parkhead in the season they were relegated.
    until the sky turns green

  43. #43
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    617 jambos made it down to Killie the other night which is at least 5 times what they took to Parkhead in the season they were relegated.
    Is the word "less" that you have missed, Tricky? Are you saying that the...THE FAMOUS only took 123 fans to Parkheid? Good lord! But I was positive that they were a massive club? Positive.

  44. #44
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the word "less" that you have missed, Tricky? Are you saying that the...THE FAMOUS only took 123 fans to Parkheid? Good lord! But I was positive that they were a massive club? Positive.
    I love the way they refer to themselves as 'The Famous'.

    They dinnae do irony.

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the word "less" that you have missed, Tricky? Are you saying that the...THE FAMOUS only took 123 fans to Parkheid? Good lord! But I was positive that they were a massive club? Positive.
    think it was about 120, sure it was a 3pm Saturday game too.
    until the sky turns green

  46. #46
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2014 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the way they refer to themselves as 'The Famous'.

    They dinnae do irony.
    I seen one of my best mates today for the first time in a long time. A gunt. From Currie. My good pal Jim.

    2 of his cousins, Celtc fans are talking about how shocking Scottish fitba is because of that pen today...I know he hates Celtc with a passion...but this was the moment to decry how brutal and $#@!e Scottish fitba is....and they're agreeing with him. I was impressed with his subterfuge. He had them in his hand so much that he even used his own team against Killie on Fri as a yardstick of how $#@!e it all is.

    I've seen this move before...So have youz...

    Proceeded to tell him (and them) that the last few years has been the best ever not just for Hibs but Scottish fitba as a whole! Not only have we won the Cup but the league as well. It's been like a rollercoaster that I will never got off. We have done all this within our means and cant remember the last time they beat us. We have and have had better Celtc players playing for the Hibs than they ever had for Celtc....that was for the Celtc cousins who are me pals as well...and we cant wait to spank them every derby from now on....HELL YES! Scottish fitba is in a fine state and can only get better cos we are around. And we will batter them if they try to get on the pitch!


    By this time his Celtc cousins are on my side noo...and slating him about how $#@!e Hertz are....I laughed and said I can't wait to beat the Huns in the Final again. Up Ye's!

  47. #47
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skacel is seemingly suspended for the game.

    I have this picture in my heid though of Yogi holding him out by the scruff of the neck whispering in his lughole "I'm gonna fuuuuuuuuckin batter you unless ye clap the Hibees ya wee cu..." then proceeds to takes a big chomp RaRRR Raith RoverLIONSRARRR! stylee oot his........nose

    Maybe rid yourself of that fantasy Beefster. It seems Yogi is a big fan of the wee fanny.




    ‘Yogi’ said: “Rudi Skacel is 37, but he has real quality. He sees things and makes passes where you think ‘don’t break your stride, because he can find you.’ Rudi has done really well over the last three weeks.

    “Just that experience he brings – the dos and the donts of football – is vital. He has been important as a coach, as well. He is a lovely, lovely boy. I can see why the Hearts fans have took to him and hold him in such high regard – I have as well!


  48. #48
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy 'O' Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Scottish cup win brought back the feel good factor, you can't underestimate the greatness of that achievement, winning is a big part of the success. I remember the crowds being very good the last time we escaped this division with Latapy and Sauzee. It is expensive for dads, mums, grandads and everybody to buy season tickets, so the club must endeavour to keep this momentum going, with Leanne Dempsters drive I hope the club continues to move forward to higher places and continuing success. Two in a row is achievable with this manager and the players. GGTTH
    1997/1998: Average Attendance 12,029
    1998/1999: Average Attendance 10,434
    1999/2000: Average Attendance 12,070

    Which year do you think applies to that one year in the Championship with Latapy, ''The Sauzee' and Mixu

    Its one of the great Hibs myths that crowds went up that year, they didnt, they went down explained of course by the loss of away fans while the home Hibs support itself was entirely static.

    Explaining away the 5,000 increase over the last year though is an entrely different matter

    2014/2015: Average Attendance 10,170
    2015/2016: Average Attendance 9,294
    2016/2017: Average Attendance 15,094

    It's nothing to do with reducing the prices another absolute whopper of a football myth so it has to be the Scottish Cup factor and the reservoir of goodwill constructed by the new management team.

    If you bought a season ticket last year then why wouldnt you buy one for next year at the same price for a higher division and much better games but its the year after that after finishing 5th and running out of cup runs that will be the test of how solid the fan base really is.

    Its a good 'problem' to have though and a tribute to the players and staff and all of us who made it happen.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  49. #49
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    750 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    262
    If you believe the marketing case study it's the power of their insight based marketing that has brought the increase this year ;-)

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hiber...sonja-mitchell

    Of course, @SlovSam, we all know it's down to the freezing of prices / real terms drop in prices that has caused the uplift.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  50. #50
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    808 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by hibadelic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you believe the marketing case study it's the power of their insight based marketing that has brought the increase this year ;-)

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hiber...sonja-mitchell

    Of course, @SlovSam, we all know it's down to the freezing of prices / real terms drop in prices that has caused the uplift.
    The marketing will certainly have helped. I'm a bit bias here, I work in a marketing department myself, but I've been really impressed with the improvement in fan communication from Hibs recently. The investment in video has been a masterstroke. The content of the video has been great too: Bold images of the stadium, Leith, footage of the players hard at work... all stuff you want to see as a supporter (and it follows you around social media too meaning you'll probably watch it more than once). Compare that to previous years where you would get an easily binned flyer with a statement from Rod full of promises of jam tomorrow. Its got to have had an effect.

GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •