Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 52

Thread: Raiding this division for players next season.

  1. #1
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881

    Raiding this division for players next season.

    Aye, OK, I'm fully aware of what happened with Jim Duffy!

    We've been here long enough so I'd expect the club will have a pretty comprehensive dossier on the good and rising starlets.

    So who's in the dossier that you would fancy bringing to Hibs?

    And who might be one for the future, beyond next season?

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    344
    Mallan from St Mirren possibly? Mvoto at Raith has impressed against us so I'd consider him. How did Lewis Vaughan play yesterday against us?
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  3. #3
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5705 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3742
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mallan from St Mirren possibly? Mvoto at Raith has impressed against us so I'd consider him. How did Lewis Vaughan play yesterday against us?
    Yes Mallan and Mvoto are players I like. We need another natural goal scorer.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  4. #4
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mallan from St Mirren possibly? Mvoto at Raith has impressed against us so I'd consider him. How did Lewis Vaughan play yesterday against us?
    I remember Vaughan having one particular 'mazey' against us, but that was about it.

  5. #5
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    Mallan and M'Voto definitely could play at a higher level and thrive IMO. Dobbie is a natural goalscorer and was previously managed by Lennon at Bolton. To be honest though most players who are playing in the Scottish Championship are there for a reason.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  6. #6
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    113
    Depends if we go up or not and what our budget would be. I'd like Mallan from St Mirren if we lose McGinn.

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pilrig
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    31
    [QUOTE=Jack;1571494]Aye, OK, I'm fully aware of what happened with Jim Duffy!

    He was a complete bombscare at Hibs but to be fair Morton have consistently been the best side in the Division this year - they play great football, are well organised, workrate is phenomenal and they are hungry. I wish Hibs were a bit more like them to be honest.

  8. #8
    Radge Donator
    Two Headed Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,649
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    600
    Another vote for M'Voto. He has been excellent for Raith Rovers any time I've seen him. Jai Quitongo from Morton would be another.

    I don't know if Mallan is the answer for attacking midfield though. It's an important hole that needs filled and I'd rather have someone proven to score goals and provide assists in the top league. Ali Crawford or Danny Swanson would be on my shopping list before a prospect like Mallan.

  9. #9
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    [QUOTE=Duns_Hibby;1571510]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, OK, I'm fully aware of what happened with Jim Duffy!

    He was a complete bombscare at Hibs but to be fair Morton have consistently been the best side in the Division this year - they play great football, are well organised, workrate is phenomenal and they are hungry. I wish Hibs were a bit more like them to be honest.
    Duffy got the Hibs job far too early in his managerial career and he was way out of his depth at the time. Now, with 20 years experience behind him, I think he is a far more capable manager and could probably handle a decent sized club in the top flight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another vote for M'Voto. He has been excellent for Raith Rovers any time I've seen him. Jai Quitongo from Morton would be another.

    I don't know if Mallan is the answer for attacking midfield though. It's an important hole that needs filled and I'd rather have someone proven to score goals and provide assists in the top league. Ali Crawford or Danny Swanson would be on my shopping list before a prospect like Mallan.
    I think we could do with both Swanson and Mallan to be honest. I do feel we lack experience in midfield. The difference was shown when Commons was at Hibs. An experienced and clever auld heid in the middle of the park who could also score goals.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  10. #10
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    405
    Stephen McGinn is far too good for this division and is on a short term deal at St. Mirren, he'd be an upgrade in midfield and possibly a replacement for his brother should we sell him. I also think Stevie Mallan would be a good addition.

    Other than that we should probably be looking at players from the Premiership and beyond. There are some decent players out of contract in the summer - none more so than the excellent Niall McGinn - who I think is the standard of player we should be looking at assuming we win this division and get a sizeable fee for John McGinn.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  11. #11
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    15
    The Ayr Utd right back Nicky Devlin is an excellent player, not sure what his contract situation is

  12. #12
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    A lot of peeps want Stevie Mallan but I don't know if they realise that lad signed a contract extension with the Buddies not that long ago. He's not a free agent till summer 2018.

  13. #13
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of peeps want Stevie Mallan but I don't know if they realise that lad signed a contract extension with the Buddies not that long ago. He's not a free agent till summer 2018.
    Was available for £150k in January

    - - - Updated - - -

    What about Tony Andreau at Dundee United on loan. Is he worth a shout instead of buying Shinnie

  14. #14
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was available for £150k in January

    - - - Updated - - -

    What about Tony Andreau at Dundee United on loan. Is he worth a shout instead of buying Shinnie
    The decision makers that January must be bricking it. It was a frugal gamble but in the end I do see us winning the league with what we have anyway. It's not what I would have done. If the cash is getting kept for a real proper assault on the top league then fair enough.


    But wur Hibs so it's a wait and see job innit?...

  15. #15
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The decision makers that January must be bricking it. It was a frugal gamble but in the end I do see us winning the league with what we have anyway. It's not what I would have done. If the cash is getting kept for a real proper assault on the top league then fair enough.But wur Hibs so it's a wait and see job innit?...
    I agree. We will need up to 5 players in the summer, who will be 1sy picks, excluding potentially losing Jason and John

  16. #16
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. We will need up to 5 players in the summer, who will be 1sy picks, excluding potentially losing Jason and John
    I'd get Rocky on a 3 year contract. Good keepers are hard to find and him and his wife love living here. And just love Hibs in general. No brainer.

  17. #17
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd get Rocky on a 3 year contract. Good keepers are hard to find and him and his wife love living here. And just love Hibs in general. No brainer.
    As you say, no brainer to sign up Rocky, would like us also to get Laidlaw signed up, although he may want 1st team football elsewhere

  18. #18
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    jock3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    280
    How about Craig Sibbald? Don't really like the guy but he always seems to do well against us...

  19. #19
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about Craig Sibbald? Don't really like the guy but he always seems to do well against us...
    I'd happily take him. He is an impressive young player.


    Trouble is we just don't do it? Not for a long time. Take a punt on an obscure foreigner though.Yes please. Mental.

    Thinking about it? It only seems to be Dundee and mibbes Hamilton that will take a punt on a player from oor leagues? For why? Fuctifano??


    $#@!ebags is my guess.

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member
    Cabbageman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd happily take him. He is an impressive young player.


    Trouble is we just don't do it? Not for a long time. Take a punt on an obscure foreigner though.Yes please. Mental.

    Thinking about it? It only seems to be Dundee and mibbes Hamilton that will take a punt on a player from oor leagues? For why? Fuctifano??


    $#@!ebags is my guess.
    Aye Sibbald is only 21 and out of contract in the summer as well I'm sure?

    Dundee Utd will probably be willing to part with a couple as well given they're hemorrhaging money at the moment

  21. #21
    Toddler Radge
    IAmLee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Ayr Utd right back Nicky Devlin is an excellent player, not sure what his contract situation is
    He's out of contract at the end of the season. He's been very good whenever I've seen him, but admittedly that has only been on a few occasions!!

  22. #22
    Radge Private Member
    Plasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburghs seaside
    Posts
    2,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    76
    We did play some great exciting football under Duffy, till it all crashed (probably in November, thats when it always used to happen!)

    I thought SJMs brother looked good when I saw him, that aside not really anyone - but Ive only seen teams play us, so they could have just had bad days

  23. #23
    Radge Donator
    Vini1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    65
    There may be a few players worth taking a chance on, the younger ones like Mallan and Stephen McGinn, but we really should looking at the calibre of player presently at Aberdeen, not players from this division.

    I hope McGinn and Cummings stay with Hibs for one more season at least before we cash in and we should be investing in young players of that quality with a couple of older like Commons or K. Miller. I know we couldn't afford a Commons, but there will be very good older players that we ought to be pushing the boat out for. I don't think players from this division are the answer if we are to progress as a club.
    Erin Go Bragh

  24. #24
    Mustang Loving Radge
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1504 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    396
    Okay enough about Jim Duffy, I'm getting flash backs of Paul Tosh and Lee Power.

  25. #25
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay enough about Jim Duffy, I'm getting flash backs of Paul Tosh and Lee Power.
    And David Elliot and Jamie Mcquilken

  26. #26
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6423 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    ............ Derek Anderson.


    I know it was Judas that signed him, but every time someone mentions huddies in Hibs tops.............. that name flashes in my brain.

    A lumbering oaf who terrified Hibs fans every time the ball came near him.

    The nightmares still affect me.


  27. #27
    Radge Private Member


    Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dhn ideann
    Posts
    8,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ............ Derek Anderson.


    I know it was Judas that signed him, but every time someone mentions huddies in Hibs tops.............. that name flashes in my brain.

    A lumbering oaf who terrified Hibs fans every time the ball came near him.

    The nightmares still affect me.

    Thankfully not to be seen again once we went up. A back four that included Renwick and Lovering in it anaw

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thankfully not to be seen again once we went up. A back four that included Renwick and Lovering in it anaw
    I liked Lovering...

  29. #29
    Radge Private Member


    Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dhn ideann
    Posts
    8,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked Lovering...

    He was ok (I preferred Tom Smith once converted from Right to Left) Paul was a very rough diamond at Clydebank, hard as nails but an absolute liability for giving away free kicks/bookings for just flying in. Just a bam.

  30. #30
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was ok (I preferred Tom Smith once converted from Right to Left) Paul was a very rough diamond at Clydebank, hard as nails but an absolute liability for giving away free kicks/bookings for just flying in. Just a bam.
    Agreed. Thought Tom Smith millennium derby humiliation 0-3 going on 0-7 was outstanding.

  31. #31
    'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'


    fieryjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    glasgow
    Posts
    2,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89
    Agreed Smurf. Tom was a big loss at the time.

  32. #32
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2498 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked Lovering...
    Lovering was a good First Division player but completely out of his depth after we got promotion.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  33. #33
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Based on performance for Canada that Laird from Falkirk looked a handful.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on performance for Canada that Laird from Falkirk looked a handful.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Fraser Aird. Played plenty games for the huns in their journey up through the lower leagues.

    Found his level at our league and being the best player against Scotland is probably the 4th best moment of his career.

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fraser Aird. Played plenty games for the huns in their journey up through the lower leagues.

    Found his level at our league and being the best player against Scotland is probably the 4th best moment of his career.
    Don't know much about him but was not a bad performance last night.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know much about him but was not a bad performance last night.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yip. Sadly showed how low Scotland have sunk.

  37. #37
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip. Sadly showed how low Scotland have sunk.
    Aye that is a very true point.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    The Hibee Radge



    Daddy 'O' Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    181
    Lots of players to be found in the lower divisions, you need to have confidence in the club representatives having a look at targets. St Mirren and Falkirk have decent players, I don't see them enough to make judgement, Sibbald and Mallan.

  39. #39
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2206
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on performance for Canada that Laird from Falkirk looked a handful.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fraser Aird. Played plenty games for the huns in their journey up through the lower leagues.

    Found his level at our league and being the best player against Scotland is probably the 4th best moment of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know much about him but was not a bad performance last night.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Best player on the park last night, along with Junior Hoilett on the other wing. Both cutting inside for fun.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  40. #40
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best player on the park last night, along with Junior Hoilett on the other wing. Both cutting inside for fun.
    Agreed. Sickening innit, when this level of player can run rings around some of the best we've got.

  41. #41
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2515 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best player on the park last night, along with Junior Hoilett on the other wing. Both cutting inside for fun.
    Wisnae feard tae have a dig was he?


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  42. #42
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    874 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    To be brutally honest...

    I think we need to rebuild almost completely if (when?) we win the league and, as a result, are going to need to cast our net quite a bit further than this division. I'm not trying to say that some of the suggestions posted are necessarily bad, it's merely that we're going to have to really wheel and deal if we want to do anything consistently in the Premiership and ensure a spot in the top six.

    As things stand, who do we have in the squad that's good enough?

    I'd keep Marciano, but I suspect Laidlaw would want first team football so that's a 'keeper we'll need.

    Gray, Hanlon and McGregor are probably good enough, but we lack quality cover and Gray is prone to injury. That suggests that we need a squad right-back, a left-back (Stevenson is decent cover) and another central defender at least unless Forster makes the step up.

    In the middle, I reckon John McGinn will move on and that leaves a huge gap. Fyvie is good enough, and I suspect Bartley is, but we're approaching the point where we need to make a decision on Dylan "Glass Ankles" McGeouch. If he can't play consistently, he becomes a luxury we can't really afford. All in, that means we need cover centrally, preferably someone that has an eye for goal, and we need both first-team performers on the flanks and some appropriate cover for whoever that happens to be.

    Lastly, up front, I'd be amazed if we held onto Jason Cummings and the bottom line ends up being that we need major surgery here. Nobody on our books has shown the ability to step up, we already know Handling can't, and our goalscoring exploits over the last three seasons say, with painful clarity, that this is where we've struggled the most. I'll be honest, our lack of firepower gives me the $#@!ing fear.

    Without goals in the top league, we're relegation candidates before a ball is kicked and we're unlikely to start strongly because an almost new squad will need some competitive bedding-in time. This is what frustrates me the most about the January window; we should use every opportunity to keep building, keep slotting another brick in the wall, and not just sit it out and rebuild every close season. That approach got us relegated as things just slowly slipped, and I worry that the same thing will happen again.

    Just my view.

  43. #43
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    29
    Jean-Yves M'voto (CB) - Raith - Had an excellent season thus far.. If Ambrose leaves at the end of the season then I think he could do a job for us If we do go up..

  44. #44
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2206
    I'd have Stokes back. He'd need to sign for us, though. Not a loan.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be brutally honest...

    I think we need to rebuild almost completely if (when?) we win the league and, as a result, are going to need to cast our net quite a bit further than this division. I'm not trying to say that some of the suggestions posted are necessarily bad, it's merely that we're going to have to really wheel and deal if we want to do anything consistently in the Premiership and ensure a spot in the top six.

    As things stand, who do we have in the squad that's good enough?

    I'd keep Marciano, but I suspect Laidlaw would want first team football so that's a 'keeper we'll need.

    Gray, Hanlon and McGregor are probably good enough, but we lack quality cover and Gray is prone to injury. That suggests that we need a squad right-back, a left-back (Stevenson is decent cover) and another central defender at least unless Forster makes the step up.

    In the middle, I reckon John McGinn will move on and that leaves a huge gap. Fyvie is good enough, and I suspect Bartley is, but we're approaching the point where we need to make a decision on Dylan "Glass Ankles" McGeouch. If he can't play consistently, he becomes a luxury we can't really afford. All in, that means we need cover centrally, preferably someone that has an eye for goal, and we need both first-team performers on the flanks and some appropriate cover for whoever that happens to be.

    Lastly, up front, I'd be amazed if we held onto Jason Cummings and the bottom line ends up being that we need major surgery here. Nobody on our books has shown the ability to step up, we already know Handling can't, and our goalscoring exploits over the last three seasons say, with painful clarity, that this is where we've struggled the most. I'll be honest, our lack of firepower gives me the $#@!ing fear.

    Without goals in the top league, we're relegation candidates before a ball is kicked and we're unlikely to start strongly because an almost new squad will need some competitive bedding-in time. This is what frustrates me the most about the January window; we should use every opportunity to keep building, keep slotting another brick in the wall, and not just sit it out and rebuild every close season. That approach got us relegated as things just slowly slipped, and I worry that the same thing will happen again.

    Just my view.
    Agreed about looking further afield, although there is a couple players we could take up with us, if and when . I would rather they were bedded into the league than thrown in. I think the cup runs from this division and how tight they have made it the past few seasons has to be some testiment to the league, or how gash our top tier is.

    Teams competing to get the European slot or some sort and even give a half decent effort to challenge, wont be looking at the Chamionship to help their cause. Hoping that all going to plan, our restricted transfers this season have been put towards next seasons budget and we look at the likes of Stokes and a few other gems NK has access to.

    Was not too excited about tomorrow but now starting to get that, lets do it Hibs show these manky bairns a game of fitbaw buzz. GGTTH

  46. #46
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have Stokes back. He'd need to sign for us, though. Not a loan.
    My issue would be would he have the appetite as he'd be coming in on a pittance compared to previous earnings.

    I think Commons will sign for us though...

  47. #47
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2515 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be brutally honest...

    I think we need to rebuild almost completely if (when?) we win the league and, as a result, are going to need to cast our net quite a bit further than this division. I'm not trying to say that some of the suggestions posted are necessarily bad, it's merely that we're going to have to really wheel and deal if we want to do anything consistently in the Premiership and ensure a spot in the top six.

    As things stand, who do we have in the squad that's good enough?

    I'd keep Marciano, but I suspect Laidlaw would want first team football so that's a 'keeper we'll need.

    Gray, Hanlon and McGregor are probably good enough, but we lack quality cover and Gray is prone to injury. That suggests that we need a squad right-back, a left-back (Stevenson is decent cover) and another central defender at least unless Forster makes the step up.

    In the middle, I reckon John McGinn will move on and that leaves a huge gap. Fyvie is good enough, and I suspect Bartley is, but we're approaching the point where we need to make a decision on Dylan "Glass Ankles" McGeouch. If he can't play consistently, he becomes a luxury we can't really afford. All in, that means we need cover centrally, preferably someone that has an eye for goal, and we need both first-team performers on the flanks and some appropriate cover for whoever that happens to be.

    Lastly, up front, I'd be amazed if we held onto Jason Cummings and the bottom line ends up being that we need major surgery here. Nobody on our books has shown the ability to step up, we already know Handling can't, and our goalscoring exploits over the last three seasons say, with painful clarity, that this is where we've struggled the most. I'll be honest, our lack of firepower gives me the $#@!ing fear.

    Without goals in the top league, we're relegation candidates before a ball is kicked and we're unlikely to start strongly because an almost new squad will need some competitive bedding-in time. This is what frustrates me the most about the January window; we should use every opportunity to keep building, keep slotting another brick in the wall, and not just sit it out and rebuild every close season. That approach got us relegated as things just slowly slipped, and I worry that the same thing will happen again.

    Just my view.
    I don't think there's much, if any, difference, barring maybe Celtic. We'll have a better idea after the semi. We done ok against top league teams last season and we tend tae play better against they teams. We will need players but not on the scale you were saying. IMO of course.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  48. #48
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there's much, if any, difference, barring maybe Celtic. We'll have a better idea after the semi. We done ok against top league teams last season and we tend tae play better against they teams. We will need players but not on the scale you were saying. IMO of course.
    IF we gain promotion, will make a refreshing change to come up against teams who don't park the bus!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  49. #49
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2515 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF we gain promotion, will make a refreshing change to come up against teams who don't park the bus!
    Zacly Kev, we seem tae get dragged doon tae teams that do park ups level, and dont seem tae have the guile tae break them down.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  50. #50
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2085 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF we gain promotion, will make a refreshing change to come up against teams who don't park the bus!
    That's why I can't wait for us to get out this league.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Two Players To Change Our Season
    By The Family in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 29-11-16, 13:28
  2. our current players for next season all IMO
    By Edinburghibees in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 12-05-13, 21:39
  3. New players needed for next season - under 11's
    By smithy_hibees in forum The Pie Stand
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-06-07, 15:40
  4. Final day of Division 1 season
    By Tkraz in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-07, 16:08
  5. New Hibs Players For Next Season
    By joe_hfc in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-05-06, 17:49

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •