Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and that was just not good enough......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was just not good enough......

We played that whole game with four attackers on the pitch, lets be honest, none of them ever looked like scoring. OK Boyle did score but it was luck not judgement, the other goal was an OG and we missed a penalty taken by a player that often gave the impression of not giving much of a $#@!. Holt tries to foul or flick when he needs to be shooting, and Graham actually brought us something when he came on.

Anyone, I mean anyone, who cannae see what Jason brings to our team needs their head looked at, we are clueless in front of goal without him. Neither wonder Lennon was livid when we didnae sign Stokesy.

Dumbarton started time wasting after two minutes, the foul for their penalty was NOT inside the box, Marvin didnae need to commit, but it was outside the box. Ian Durrant remains an ugly wee hun farter to this day and Nade waddles, that fat gunt.

The referee was awful, he ignored the time wasting, he ignored fouls, he missed the fact the tackle was outside the box for their penalty, he was gash.

I think we got the set up wrong, we do not need Marvin Bartley in the team against Dumbarton, between him and Boyle its like starting with a man down. We really only started playing when Dylan came on, too little too late for me.

The Team

Rocky hardly had a thing to do except save the penalty, which he didnae and had no chance at their well taken second goal. I wish he would kick long when we are chasing the game.

David Gray, captain and winning goal scorer of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016 got forward but is stifled when Boyle is in front of him.

Darren strolled through the game, had a real battle with that fat gunt Nade. No sure if it was him or Efe who lost the ball to the self same fat gunt Nade when the Sons scored their second goal.

Efe also strolled through the game, and played some lovely fitba, especially second half. No sure if it was him or Daz who lost the ball to the self same fat gunt Nade when the Sons scored their second goal.

Lewis was up and down the line all day, as Shinnie drifted in and out the game. The perrenial issue of crossing and taking a man on showed its ugly head too much.

Bartley was poor, he brought very little and I was pleased when he was hooked for Dylan after an hour.

Shinnie had a couple of nice bits of football but today was not one of his Shinniesta games. Replaced my Graham with 10 minutes or so to go. No one really noticed.

I thought Boyle was rubbish, he beat his man twice, maybe thrice all day. OK he scored, but he fluffed an easy shot to win it. Frankly, nice guy but not good enough.

John McGinn was Hibs only active, real, live midfielder until Dylan came back for an irregular cameo. I thought John worked his socks off and gave his all as his fellow midfielders passed it among themselves.

Keats has been a good player this season. I though he stank today. His dead balls are often killer, today they were guff, he missed a penalty, good save to be fair but poor penalty. His body language was awful I felt, which is a pity as James is decent, but has to do much, much better.

Grant Holt has been good recently. Today he reverted to being $#@!e. He is so busy looking for fouls and fights, wee pishy 'Bobby Williamsonesque' tippy tappy pish. Couldnae score in Scorpio Leisure either.

The Subs

Dylan came back, replaced Marv and the metronome returned. He crafted, passed, moved, and looked more like an Iniesta than the Shinnie fellae ever could. Pity he has a knackered groin as Hibs are better to watch when Dylan plays.

Forster came on for Captain Dave with 10 to go to form a three as we chased the game. Jordon done fine but he is the fifth of five centre halfs at Hibs for me.

Brian Graham has never set the heather on fire at Hibs, but I thought he offered a lot when he came on today, more than the other strikers. He asked the goalie questions, who responded by making a fantastic save when Brian was clean through.

I thought that starting with Bartley was a mistake, it was proven so. Boyle has had so many chances and disnae do it for me. Both played and have done so for weeks. Lenny did change it and we saved the game, but it was sair to watch and we are stuttering over the line, if we do get over that line.

Dumbarton came for a point and got a well earned one. Their goalkeeper was magnificent right up until he fluffed the save that gave us the equaliser. Nade is a fat fanny who waddles like a plump duck, a better ref would have sent the lump of lard off for the dug out time wasting. Ian Durrant is a Hun prick, he hasnae missed his a dinner for a couple of years either, succulent lamb, not doubt washed down with bitter orange. Their number 10 was a handful.

The referee suited his blue shirt, $#@!ing useless is a compliment.

A surprisingly good crowd of 14, 093 with the 93 or so Sons fans having the best of the day.

Man of the match for me might have been Efe. Tell you what, if we go up, I reckon we would look good with a back three of Daz, Efe and Paul. I hope we could afford him, I like his way, he plays like the Hibs players I enjoy watching most. However, we have another laddie who plays like that, his name is John McGinn, he plays the Hibernian way too. He carried his midfield colleagues through the game right up to the return of the other proper Hibs player, Dylan McGeouch came on. SJM was, for me our best player today.

Whoodathunk the Baldy Prick Duffy and his Morton team would be our closest condenders this year, given his shambles when at Hibs? We really have to beat Rancid Plookheed Houstons shower of hoofballers then beat Baldy Jims Morton to win this league, if we dinnae, sphincters will twich and beds will be pished around East Central Scotland and beyond, for $#@!s sake.

Still, you could be a Jambo eh?

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    good report as always. Baffles me how Boyle has started the last 4 games he is just not good enough. Mcgeough made a difference and hope he starts against Falkirk though that could be a game for Marv
    We are going to stutter over the finishing line though today was as poor as I am witnessing far to often at Easter road this season

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3410 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Boyle looked most likely to make something happen in the final third. Also thought SJM was ineffective.

Aside from that, agree on all counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

I'm a Pogues Radge
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We played that whole game with four attackers on the pitch, lets be honest, none of them ever looked like scoring. OK Boyle did score but it was luck not judgement, the other goal was an OG and we missed a penalty taken by a player that often gave the impression of not giving much of a $#@!. Holt tries to foul or flick when he needs to be shooting, and Graham actually brought us something when he came on.

Anyone, I mean anyone, who cannae see what Jason brings to our team needs their head looked at, we are clueless in front of goal without him. Neither wonder Lennon was livid when we didnae sign Stokesy.

Dumbarton started time wasting after two minutes, the foul for their penalty was NOT inside the box, Marvin didnae need to commit, but it was outside the box. Ian Durrant remains an ugly wee hun farter to this day and Nade waddles nowadays, that fat gunt.

The referee was awful, he ignored the time wastng, he ignored fouls, he missed the fact the tackle was outside the box for their penalty, he was gash.

I think we got the set up wrong, we do not need Marvin Bartley in the team against Dumbarton, between him and Boyle its like starting with a man down. We really only started playing when Dylan came on, too little too late for me.

The Team

Rocky hardly had a thing to do except save the penalty, which he didnae and had no chance at their well taken second goal. I wish he would kick long when we are chasing the game.

David Gray, captain and winning goal scorer of Hibernian when we won the Scottish Cup on May 21st 2016, got forward but is stifled when Boyle is in front of him.

Darren strolled through the game, had a real battle with that fat gunt Nade. No sure if it was him or Efe who lost the ball to the self same fat gunt Nade when the Sons scored their second goal.

Efe also strolled through the game, andplayed some lovely fitba, especially second half. No sure if it was him or Daz who lost the ball to the self same fat gunt Nade when the Sons scored their second goal.

Lewis was up and down the line all day, as Shinnie drifted in and out the game. The perrenial issue of crossing and taking a man on showed its ugly head too much.

Bartley was poor, he brought very little and I was pleased when he was hooked for Dylan after an hour.

Shinnie had a couple of nice bits of football but today was not one of his Shinniesta games. Replaced my Graham with 10 minutes or so to go. No one really noticed.

I thought Boyle was rubbish, he beat his man twice, maybe thrice all day. OK he scored, but he fluffed an easy shot to win it. Frankly, nice guy but not good enough.

John McGinn was Hibs only active, real, live midfielder until Dylan came back for an irregular cameo. I thought John worked his socks off and gave his all as his fellow midfielders passed it among themselves.

Keats has been a good player this season. I though he stank today. His dead balls are often killer, today they were guff, he missed a penalty, good save to be fair but poor penalty. His body language was awful I felt, which is a pity as James is decent, but has to do much, much better.

Grant Holt has been good recently. Today he reverted to being $#@!e. He is so busy looking for fouls and fights, wee pishy 'Bobby Williamsonesque' tippy tappy pish. Couldnae score in Scorpio Leisure either.

The Subs

Dylan came back, replaced Marv and the metronome returned. He crafted, passed, moved, and looked more like an Iniesta than the Shinnie fellae ever could. Pity he has a knackered groin as Hibs are better to watch when Dylan plays.

Forster came on for Captain Dave with 10 to go to form a three as we chased the game. Jordon done fine but he is the fifth of five centre halfs at Hibs for me.

Brian Graham has never set the heather on fire at Hibs, but I thought he offered a lot when he came on today, more than the other strikers. He asked the goalie questions, who responded by making a fantastic save when Brian was clean through.

I thought that starting with Bartley was a mistake, it was proven so. Boyle has had so many chances and disnae do it for me. Both played and have done so for weeks. lenny did change it and we saved the game, but it was sair to watch and we are stuttering over the line, if we do get over that line.

Dumbarton came for a point and got a well earned one. Their goalkeeper was magnificent right up until he fluffed the save that gave us the equaliser. Nade is a fat fanny who waddles like a plump duck, a better ref would have sent the lump of lard off for the dug out time wasting. Ian Durrant is a Hun prick, he hasnae missed his a dinner for a couple of years either, not doubt washed down with bitter orange. Their number 10 was a handful.

The referee suited his blue shirt, $#@!ing useless is a compliment.

A surprisingly good crowd of 14, 093 with the 93 or so Sons fans having the best of the day.

Man of the match for me might have been Efe. Tell you what, if we go up, I reckon we would look good with a back three of Daz, Efe and Paul. I hope we could afford him, Ilike his way, he plays like the Hibs players I enjoy most. However, we have another laddie who plays like that, his name is John McGinn and for me, he plays the Hibernian way too. he carried his midfield colleagues through the game right up to the return of the other proper Hibs player, Dylan McGeouch came on. SJM was, for me our best player today.

Whoodathunk the Baldy Prick Duffy and his Morton team would be our closest condenders this year, given his shambles when at Hibs? We really have to beat Rancid Plookheed Houstons shower of hoofballers then beat Baldy Jims Morton to win this league, if we dinnae, spincters will atwich and beds will be pished around East Central Scotland and beyond, for $#@!s sake.

Still, you could be a Jambo eh?

Hibernian Forever!
    We do miss Cummings.. he gets wrongly shouted at from the stands sometimes. his job is to put the ball in the net.. which he does.. annoys me when I hear around me in stand that he doesn't do enough.. it's the players beside him that get away with murder
    SUNSHINE ON LEITH. hibbymick

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was delighted to see mcgeouch back today, hopefully got through it unscathed as we will need him next week with SJM away probably, he really does help make us tick.
    I thought gray had a shocker today, misplaced passes all day and just wasn't Upto the game was happy when he got hooked

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I thought Boyle looked most likely to make something happen in the final third. Also thought SJM was ineffective.

Aside from that, agree on all counts.

Agree with you

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    With McGeough coming back into the reckoning and obviously needing to be nursed in (for however long he lasts this time) I'd have actually started with him on the basis that he could be substituted when he ran out of steam. In the longer term, I have given up hope these days on him having an even remotely protracted spell in the team. I hope I'm utterly wrong, he is a terrific player for Hibs when fit.

Hibs struggle against these kind of teams when they don't get their noses in front earlier and I think his influence would have been better used at the beginning of the game rather than when chasing it to a degree.

I'm afraid that Boyle, good guy that he undoubtedly is, does little for me. I do not think he is a Hibs class player and for me the limit of his contribution, injuries permitting, would be as a late impact sub who can zip about a bit against tiring defenders.

Bartley appears to remain an enigma. Superb one game and fairly lost looking the next, strange.

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm in the Boyle made us look dangerous camp too but thought that SJM came onto a good game second half.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Familiar failings..you could have written the script when the ball didn't go in after we'd had a wee spell of pressure in the first half. From unpunished time wasting, to dubious decisions, misfiring strikers and an increasingly disgruntled atmosphere in the stands it was all there.

We've relied heavily on 4 or 5 players this season...if one or more are missing our team/squad is extremely ordinary. Only bright spot for me today was seeing Dylan back. Keatings drove me insane today..I've said before he has ability but his inconsistency is infuriating..I can;t see him being kept on at Hibs if we go up and would be surprised if he plays much of a part in the run in after that performance today. I still don't know what his best position is and I'm not sure he does either.

The Falkirk game should be exactly the kind of game we need to get back on track...not that it will be easy..I just think the players seem to react to these games better than the so called lesser lights in the league. We've bounced back from poor results fairly well this season but I wish we didn't have to and just showed a bit more professionalism in nailing our advantage.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Looked a definite, needless, penalty from where I was sitting

The Hibee Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    vCash
    We didn't do enough first half, the tempo in the build up play was slow, no cutting edge, yep we miss the wee radge Cummings. I was much further away than the ref, clumsy challenge not sure if it was inside or out, stunned at there second? They were criminal, agree about the goals we scored showed we needed another striker January transfer window, oh well rubber sheets and pamper time. We are going to the wire and hopefully will fall over the line. Cheers.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    vCash
    Also how the feck was the gunt prick not sent off for slapping Forster
    Right in front of linesman and fourth official too

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Pretty poor with the size of our club in this league we have to rely on one forward to score our goals.
    For me Holt should be in the box more not out on the flanks where he likes to wander.
    His lack of goals is costing us , that's 4 wins or so since the turn of the year and the 10th draw no matter how you see it these stats are rotten.
    We are very very fortunate to be where we are just now.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    How do people feel that Graham plays alongside Cummings?

It's been noticeable that while Jason and Holt have forged something of a working partnership and although Graham has not been everyone's cup of tea, he does pose more of a goal threat than Holt.

It's frightening to think that there was quite some pressure on Hibs to keep Jason Cummings at the beginning of the season and how things might have transpired without him and his goals.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    How do people feel that Graham plays alongside Cummings? It's been noticeable that while Jason and Holt have forged something of a working partnership and although Graham has not been everyone's cup of tea, he does pose more of a goal threat than Holt.It's frightening to think that there was quite some pressure on HIbs to keep Jason Cummings at the beginning of the season and how things might have transpired without him and his goals.
    Is there anything to suggest Graham would make a good second striker? I did a quick Googling and couldn't find anything to suggest he ever provided assists on a regular basis.It makes it all the more depressing that Dom is rotting on a bench in Italy instead of laying it on a plate for JC and scoring for us. Really miss the big fella.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Looked a definite, needless, penalty from where I was sitting
    Where were you sitting Kev?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Boy View Post
    Is there anything to suggest Graham would make a good second striker? I did a quick Googling and couldn't find anything to suggest he ever provided assists on a regular basis.It makes it all the more depressing that Dom is rotting on a bench in Italy instead of laying it on a plate for JC and scoring for us. Really miss the big fella.
    I don't think there is any compelling evidence no - certainly where assists are concerned. There's maybe some evidence to say he might have scored himself slightly more regularly than Holt though, not a great feat admittedly. I would't argue him for a first team slot as I don't think he is quite the quality but people, quite rightly, are pointing out that if Cummings doesn't score barely anyone else does. There are few goals among that collection of forwards (or midfield players for that matter) save for Cummings. I totally agree with your point about Malonga, a great shame he wanted to leave.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash
    Dom is currently not getting a game for Elche in Spains second division.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    vCash
    Dom is currently not getting a game for Elche is Spains second division.
    Oooft. Such a shame. He was ideal for the Scottish game warts and all.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Keatings drove me feckin mental today - time after time moves broke down and possession was lost as he waited for the ball to arrive on his toe, decorated with a bow, rather than come to it. Looked feckin shiftless to me at a moment when he chips should be bloody down. When it was clear he was taking the penalty, I said he'd miss it, egb jr did too, and so were others around us. $#@!ing travesty.

I'm worried about the league now. We avoided the worst outcome of this evenings game and I think Falkirk are now just about out of it, and will be forced into all out attack against us next week, which is what we need. However Morton are a real threat now; they still have it in their own hands and a win away at Falkirk will have their tails up.

This is far from over and on current trajectories Hibs will only win it - if we do win it - through Morton running out of runway. Too many opportunities scorned now for me to believe we're going to switch up a gear and put it to bed comfortably now. Feels like it's going to the wire I'm afraid.

On the other hand, this weekend was the last one of last years total collapse, so you never know.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1514 Post(s)
    vCash
    What a huge loss Hanlon has been. Defense is as tight as a ducks arse when he plays.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This is far from over and on current trajectories Hibs will only win it - if we do win it - through Morton running out of runway. Too many opportunities scorned now for me to believe we're going to switch up a gear and put it to be comfortably now. Feels like it's going to the wire I'm afraid.
    Think this is broadly right in the 'runway' sense. I don't believe that at this point Hibs are somehow going to find an extra gear but then again I don't believe Morton are particularly capable of doing either. .

Going to the wire upholding anything like a six-point cushion - which i expect Hibs to - will do me just fine. I'm probably slightly more optimistic M., without being in any way over-confident. There is no great quality around outwith Hibs.

Baltic Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    vCash
    I obviously didn't see the game today but I really can't grasp how Boyle takes so much stick. Ok, we all know he's lightweight but he's our second top scorer (by a fairly sizeable margin I imagine) & also sets up plenty of chances for others. Most importantly, though, he always feckin tries. I'd far rather have him in the side than an unpredictable Keatings or Shinnie...

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    vCash
    I know this'll not go down well but thought McGinn was poor. I don't know if he's trying to do too much or what but it's games like this your big players grab a game by the scruff of the neck but he doesn't. For the 2nd game in a row i felt we won a point rather than losing 2...and that's not good enough. We should be good enough to break down teams that come and sit in. 3 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GdanskHibee View Post
    I obviously didn't see the game today but I really can't grasp how Boyle takes so much stick. Ok, we all know he's lightweight but he's our second top scorer (by a fairly sizeable margin I imagine) & also sets up plenty of chances for others. Most importantly, though, he always feckin tries. I'd far rather have him in the side than an unpredictable Keatings or Shinnie...

Because he should be making that wing his own but he doesn't. Why he stands stationary when he should take off and stretch the opposition I'll never know.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    Don't think daz strolled it I thought he could have been a bit better. And Boyle never had an easy chance to win it. It was a volley from the edge of the box on his weak foot plus there was a few bodies in front of him. Apart from that it's a fair assessment

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Think this is broadly right in the 'runway' sense. I don't believe that at this point Hibs are somehow going to find an extra gear but then again I don't believe Morton are particularly capable of doing either. .

Going to the wire upholding anything like a six-point cushion - which i expect Hibs to - will do me just fine. I'm probably slightly more optimistic M., without being in any way over-confident. There is no great quality around outwith Hibs.
    Morton have 9 games left and we have 8. If they get the same points as from their last 9 and we get the same haul as our last 8, we will both finish on the same points. If form over last half a dozen games each is replicated, they will also catch us and end up on level points. Any form projection from last 5 games on has them overtaking us.

They may run out of steam, but there is plenty of grounds for concern.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    Morton have 9 games left and we have 8. If they get the same points as from their last 9 and we get the same haul as our last 8, we will both finish on the same points. If form over last half a dozen games each is replicated, they will also catch us and end up on level points. Any form projection from last 5 games on has them overtaking us.

They may run out of steam, but there is plenty of grounds for concern.
    Three major 'ifs' in that assessment. I see perfectly good alternative arguments to say that none of those outcomes are necessarily likely. That would include your own former point about it being the end of Hibs' collapse and barren spell this time last year. Different team, different players of course.

I am not as confident in Morton's abilities as you might be. All conjecture though of course, we will see.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report and nothing to disagree with in any shape or form. However you could save yourself a lot of time mate when you get home. Have one report when we play a so called bigger team and one when we don't.
    Not going to have a go at any individual player , collectively we are an inconsistent team and professional footballers who are inconsistent too often are no good to me. A loss of form fine , a mistake fine , but we have been in this league three seasons and still many can not find the level required to earn their corn. I feel for Lennon at times , when they cross the white line and all that. Oh aye we can lift our level and play very well but no where near enough.
    Bartley is a horse for a course Mr Lennon why you not seeing that ? ok I did say I would not pick anyone out but I couldn't help myself there.

If we get promoted we will shine for a while with the nucleus of this team , but eventually the wheels will fall off because too many lack the drive to be , oh that word again consistent.
    I sense a clearout coming with some surprising names on that list.

Two big games coming up so I think we will be fine , but don't lose sight of the cracks in all the euphoria.

Last season saw Time for Heroes. This season will see Time for change.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Three major 'ifs' in that assessment. I see perfectly good alternative arguments to say that none of those outcomes are necessarily likely. That would include your own former point about it being the end of Hibs' collapse and barren spell this time last year. Different team, different players of course.

I am not as confident in Morton's abilities as you might be. All conjecture though of course, we will see.
    I still think we'll do it Stu, but I think it's going all the way, as I say I think Morton will run out of fixtures...just. I am so glad we have Falkirk and Morton up next...we need games our players deem big enough to shake a $#@!ing leg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees-Mad View Post
    I know this'll not go down well but thought McGinn was poor. I don't know if he's trying to do too much or what but it's games like this your big players grab a game by the scruff of the neck but he doesn't. For the 2nd game in a row i felt we won a point rather than losing 2...and that's not good enough. We should be good enough to break down teams that come and sit in. 3 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he should be making that wing his own but he doesn't. Why he stands stationary when he should take off and stretch the opposition I'll never know.
    There was one time Efe was going mental waving to him to start running before he released the pass but boyle stayed deep and left himself too much to do...I have no idea what he was thinking

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Where were you sitting Kev?
    West upper, 3 rows from the back, I said pen right away, ball (I think) was out the box player just inside.

Mad Hibees Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    vCash
    I still think we'll do it Stu, but I think it's going all the way, as I say I think Morton will run out of fixtures...just. I am so glad we have Falkirk and Morton up next...we need games our players deem big enough to shake a $#@!ing leg.

- - - Updated - - -

There was one time Efe was going mental waving to him to start running before he released the pass but boyle stayed deep and left himself too much to do...I have no idea what he was thinking
    I never noticed that but it's exactly my problem. He struggles to beat a man, they were doubling up on him, so why wait? I guess that's why he's in the Scottish second tier

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    Def a pen was sitting in FF lower right in line. Bartley disnae need tae tackle him. His fault.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Def a pen was sitting in FF lower right in line. Bartley disnae need tae tackle him. His fault.
    A total brainstorm. The guy was going nowhere. I don't know what the feck was going through his head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    vCash
    Boyle kept trying and looked our most dangerous player at times in the second half. When he gets his head down and runs to the byline he is at his best. The team overall were poor though, lacking in ideas. Slightly better second half but still not what is expected.

In my opinion James Keatings is nothing more than a squad player I'm afraid. He has some good attributes but just isn't good enough to start sadly. Today we had little choice. Holt was terrible and puffing out his backside, Graham should have been on alot sooner.

The sooner we can revert back to three centre backs and get some of our injured players back the better. Nice to see Dylan back who looked very comfortable and tried to get things going. Hopefully he can keep himself fit.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like Keatings but he let himself down today.
    Squirrel on the other hand - particularly when Dylan came on and fed him, was a real threat.
    Pretty dire first half and we had very few real chances, although still enough to win.
    Crap ref. I didn't think the penalty was in the box - although a def foul, but I'm surprised it wasn't a foul against the keeper for our second.
    I would have started Dylan and brought on additional firepower earlier. Boyle put about half a dozen balls that needed finishing.

The allowed time wasting just annoys me.
    Why refs allow it is as understandable as why Nade didn't get a red.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I like Keatings but he let himself down today.
    Squirrel on the other hand - particularly when Dylan came on and fed him, was a real threat.
    Pretty dire first half and we had very few real chances, although still enough to win.
    Crap ref. I didn't think the penalty was in the box - although a def foul, but I'm surprised it wasn't a foul against the keeper for our second.
    I would have started Dylan and brought on additional firepower earlier. Boyle put about half a dozen balls that needed finishing.

The allowed time wasting just annoys me.
    Why refs allow it is as understandable as why Nade didn't get a red.

It was a penalty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was it?
    I wasn't sure but a guy who had 'a perfect view' assured me it was outside.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2502 Post(s)
    vCash
    Another one of those games where we really needed to score first and score early if we were going to win it. We couldn't and instead gave them the lead with a totally needless penalty gift. Take Cummings out of that team and we have practically no goal threat. Holt and Keatings were very poor today and as a team we are nowhere near good enough in the last third of the park. We badly miss our injured and suspended players. Lack of goals is once again coming back to haunt us though. We simply do not score enough goals to run away with any league. The next two home games will go along way to deciding if and when we are going to finally wrap up this league. Falkirk have a great recent record at Easter Road and will be very difficult opponents..as will Morton who deserve all the plaudits they get for an outstanding season.

It would very much appear that many of our players can only get themselves motivated for the "big" matches. That is no use. If and when we go up Lennon will have a very busy close season ahead of him because that squad needs an overhaul in the summer. The lack of quality in the last third of the park is a major concern as is the lack of an experienced playmaker in midfield and if today showed anything it showed what a huge player Jason Cummings has been and continues to be for Hibs.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    We are a good team, but we are not good enough in respect of keeping the form every week. Teams like Celtic have a belief and a capability we are much lacking. How we can play a blinder one week only to look like we had a rough night the next week? Keatings I would have thought would have stepped up and taken his chance. But it is not down to one guy, too many either lose form, or run out of ideas, and other teams know how to play against us. If we get out this league we need a few new players, because there are too many who we just cannot rely on to go and win 3-4 games on the bounce. We could certainly do with someone like Griffiths, but then again, these other teams don't have that quality of player either.

Was toying with the idea of having 3 strikers, ie Graham, Holt and Cummings all up front. Would cause a lot of probs for other teams having two big guys in the box at corners etc and still keeping an eye on JC. However I'm not much of a strategist

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was it?
    I wasn't sure but a guy who had 'a perfect view' assured me it was outside.
    Check the video I posted !

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought it was a pen all day long.

That was pretty grim today with only the last 20 mins seeing Hibs play anywhere near acceptable. We have been dreadful lately but somehow still find ourselves in a very strong position for winning this league, a crap league or a competitive league? I think it's both tbh.

I can see why Boyle attracts criticism but he is the only Hibs player with true pace who can stretch defences, especially when teams sit in like Dumbarton today. Hibs were ponderous and bereft of ideas and guile in the first half, credit to Dumbarton, they did their homework and it paid off.

This run in is torturous, the team are nervous, the fans are nervous and you can feel it all around the stadium, especially if we don't score early. League should really been wrapped up by now, it isn't however we stumble on. Falkirk and Morton won't sit in at ER, hopefully that suits us.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3410 Post(s)
    vCash

It was a penalty
    That second goal we gave away was fcukin criminal.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    ii mentioned this before Dylan has a similar groin issue to Carmichael. In other words unless there is a surgical miracle , hes pretty much $#@!ed.
    10 min cameos or a wee bit longer is all you will get.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee 1875 View Post
    Also how the feck was the gunt prick not sent off for slapping Forster
    Right in front of linesman and fourth official too
    I saw the incident quite clearly - it was a punch to the jaw, not a slap, definitely a red.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    Check the video I posted !
    Did you put a stamp on it?

Nothing showing that I can see.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    Did you put a stamp on it?

Nothing showing that I can see.
    You on your phone Doc? It disnae show up on it, It shows on a computer,

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    ii mentioned this before Dylan has a similar groin issue to Carmichael. In other words unless there is a surgical miracle , hes pretty much $#@!ed.
    10 min cameos or a wee bit longer is all you will get.
    Not splitting hairs or being smart and genuinely interested but he played for three times that duration on his very first appearance back? If this were correct, and I'm not denying your info, surely they'd have not given him so long on his initial run out. I just really can't see any professional football club persisting in any way with a player with a diagnosis that says for certain that they can only play for ten minutes.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1864 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    That second goal we gave away was fcukin criminal.

aye, so sloppy

doubt anyone in the ground was confident Keatings would score the penalty
    until the sky turns green

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    aye, so sloppy

doubt anyone in the ground was confident Keatings would score the penalty
    We were wondering why Holt wisnae taking it. Keatings was way off the pace yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    You on your phone Doc? It disnae show up on it, It shows on a computer,