Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF We Beat Aberdeen & Reach The SC Final...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be feeling much better if we had secured promotion officially before the semi, but to be honest if Hibs win on Saturday against Queen of the South that will more or less be it even if the other results do not go our way.

I also could live with a defeat in the semi as to be honest the SC is not the priority this season, but if the league was secured we could just give it a massive effort at Hampden and hope for the best. We should do that anyway even if the league is not secured. Aberdeen are a very good side and we are definitely the underdogs but we can beat them and the players have to believe this. The Dons have a poor recent record at Hampden....certainly not as good as ours that's for sure. They have a tendency to flop on the big stage. Clutching at straws I know but Hibs have saved their best performances in recent years for these sort of games and if we get in front we have a chance. Stopping their excellent wide men McGinn and Hayes is the key to stopping Aberdeen.
    More likely to best Aberdeen than QoS I suspect (where another 1-1 draw wouldn't surprise me in the least) As ever, we are facing QoS as their form picks up after it previously being very poor. Time and again that has happened to us.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1513 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    More likely to best Aberdeen than QoS I suspect
    I'd say so too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    I would be feeling much better if we had secured promotion officially before the semi, but to be honest if Hibs win on Saturday against Queen of the South that will more or less be it even if the other results do not go our way.

I also could live with a defeat in the semi as to be honest the SC is not the priority this season, but if the league was secured we could just give it a massive effort at Hampden and hope for the best. We should do that anyway even if the league is not secured. Aberdeen are a very good side and we are definitely the underdogs but we can beat them and the players have to believe this. The Dons have a poor recent record at Hampden....certainly not as good as ours that's for sure. They have a tendency to flop on the big stage. Clutching at straws I know but Hibs have saved their best performances in recent years for these sort of games and if we get in front we have a chance. Stopping their excellent wide men McGinn and Hayes is the key to stopping Aberdeen.
    Also think this game will serve as a useful barometer as to where we're currently at, and how much investment is required to make us a competitive SPL outfit.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

GoGO Back To Forum