Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and we are on our way......

218 Post(s)
    5723 Post(s)

Just back and we are on our way......

A hard fought, strong Hibs performance and most importantly a win for us, taking us 9 points clear. Usual rules apply, I was one of 3000 very noisy Hibs fans inside Tannadice tonight and did not have the luxury of multiple angles, replays and second opinions that those of you who watched on the tellybox might have done, so bear with me, I have just done the near two hour drive doon the road on a dirty night.

Can I start by saying, we made it awfy hard for ourselves, other than a 10 minute initial charge by United, we were far superior, a better team playing better football, with more passion, ability and nouse. But as only Jason regularly scores goals (by foot heed or hand), we leave ourselves wide open to team getting daft goals. Not tonight right enough as Gray, Daz, Lalala lalala Efe Ambrose and Stevenson were having none of United's pish.

The team started as I suggested it might in my thread on the bounce last night, it was what we needed to be honest, as I said, the keeper and defence were great, McGinn and Shinnie solid and skillful, Bartley and Boyle, frankly disappointing for me, and Holt and Bubble heed gave us good games.

The referee was card happy, and pretty poor with it, but frankly United are a punt, hit and hope shower and I think both St Mirren and Dunfermline have gave us better games recently?

The team

Rocky was superb, not that he was given much of a test, but he commanded well and done everything he was asked to do.

I think David Gray, captain and winning goal scorer in the 2016 cup winning team is never as good with a winger in front of him, tonight I thought he was fine.

Darren McGregor is a class defender, more so second half.

Lalala Lalala Efe Ambrose strolled about that pitch tonight with his smoking jacket on, a glass for brandy in one hand, a cuban cigar in the other, passing balls about in his golden slippers and heedin' the ball through a silken night cap. He was magnificent, a joy to behold. He has a song, its catchy, it had the Hibs ends rocking, so did he. Lalala Lalala Efe Ambrose...................

Lewis was first class, he danced round United players, was firing crosses in, linked up well with Shinnie and Ambrose and looked to be really enjoying his game.

Marv was there to stop and stifle, I thought he struggled to do that first half, improved second half, but we missed him when he was replaced by Fyvie.

John McGinn got tore right in, indeed first half, I felt he was doing Marvin's job better than Marvin.

Shinnie was great, I thought he played really well, his pass for Jason's goal was inch perfect. If he mans up, I would like him to stay for our next adventure.

Boyle came in and out the game but gave us very little.

I though Big Holty was immense, good first half, excellent second, he put himself about, his touch was good and he linked the play up really well.

Jason scored a stoatir, but is a total dafty, getting booked for punching the ball away like a jessie then punching the ball into the net and getting sent off. Matched only by his boss being sent to the stand for complaining about it. Christ almighty guys.

Graham came on and ran about.

Fyvie came on for Bartley and caused nothing but trouble for us with stupid and badly executed passes and silly fouls.

Forster came on for the last five to keep us strong defensively, he stuck to his task.

I thought Neil and Gary set the team up right. Once we weathered an early storm we played United off the pitch. We were worthy winners, well done gaffer and gaffer ehhh light?

The referee was appalling, although correct to send the United man off for two yellows, and Jason off for the same, why was Gollom not sent off after being booked when he committed a deliberate handball to break up a Hibs attack? Useless $#@!.

I thought United were dreadful, a hoofball, clueless team who I reckon would not beat Falkirk or Morton in the play offs. I am surprised Ray McKinnon had them play like that?

The Hibs support were magnificent, 3000 strong, we sang all game, we were the 12th man, and the backing of the team after our Saughton Silly Sausage McMuffin got sent off, carried the team over the line.

Man of the Match, well I thought we had some very good performances, Darren McGregor, of course, Lewis had a great game, Andrew Shinnie, he is getting better and better, Grant Holt, he to is like a fine wine, maturing with age after being allowed to breathe. However, for me there was one man who stood out and that was, LALALA LALALALAHHHHHHH EFE AMBROSE! Magnificent Efe, you were absolutely magnificent!

Hibernian Forever!!

2208 Post(s)
    Good report...oh and how Boyle missed that sitter?? Anyway United said the crowd was 9 and half thousand, that makes them have 6k...didnt much look like it but I'll give them benefit of the doubt. But if the supporters can only muster that number up for what could have been the key game in their season, may'be they don't deserve to be going up.

174 Post(s)
    6677 Post(s)
    Good report @1875 thanks for that.

From my lofty position at the Dub foundation, sitting in front of the telly, I thought that the united boy that elbowed Sir Dave in the heid should have gone off for that or at the very least should have gone off when he did the same thing to McGregor [?] a little later on. The Hibs fans were magnificent and belted out the choons loud and clear. Well done to everyone who went up there tonight.

Jason, oh boy - a moment of genius followed by a moment of petulance followed by a moment of sheer madness. Radgeworks he may be but he's our radgeworks.

1572 Post(s)
    Jason scores singles, not doubles or trebles. He should really at this level.

In our three seasons in the second tier, only two hat tricks. Bizarre. Neither by Jason either!

9 points clear with 9 to play? Realistically I'd say 10 more points will win this league. 76 points *will* win the league, so we mathematically need 22 from 9 (topping the 75 that Morton can achieve if they win all their remaining 11 games with they won't)

Tonight wasn't the night we won the league, but we've made sure its in our hands.

If we had lost tonight, United would have closed to 4 points with a game in hand.

435 Post(s)
    Efe Ambrose was magnificent, totally strolled that game.

Tonight was always going to be a scrap, Hibs handles it well and played United off the park. If we are still looking over our shoulder, it's at Falkirk & Morton, United are pish.

1868 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Good report...oh and how Boyle missed that sitter?? Anyway United said the crowd was 9 and half thousand, that makes them have 6k...didnt much look like it but I'll give them benefit of the doubt. But if the supporters can only muster that number up for what could have been the key game in their season, may'be they don't deserve to be going up.
    without checking am guessing that Dundee United have averaged at least 8,000 crowds at home every season over past few decades, maybe a bit more when you add on old firm away crowds etc. their support has held up well this season I think.

why wouldn't they deserve to go up? better supported than plenty teams in the top division.

884 Post(s)
    Can't argue with any of that.

Watched the game in a Scottish pub in Tenerife and viewed pretty much the same game as 1875.

Big Efe may as well have strolled out the tunnel before kick off with a packet of cigars because he was a level above anyone on the pitch tonight. Strolled it.

Ref was pretty bad but by far not the worst we've had this season.

Jase is a radge and that will never change, you can't stay mad at the laddie.

Fantastic result tonight. I would have taken a draw before kick off if I'm honest so I'm utterly ecstatic with 3 points.

Mon the Hibees!
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

without checking am guessing that Dundee United have averaged at least 8,000 crowds at home every season over past few decades, maybe a bit more when you add on old firm away crowds etc. their support has held up well this season I think.

why wouldn't they deserve to go up? better supported than plenty teams in the top division.
    And for the size of Dundee. Like many my attitude to them has soured due to various ex gunts in recent years, but trying to see past that I think they are in the long run one,of the good guys with a decent support, and have never been diet Huns, although gloriously that phenomenon is in general retreat.

Good report @1875 thanks for that.

From my lofty position at the Dub foundation, sitting in front of the telly, I thought that the united boy that elbowed Sir Dave in the heid should have gone off for that or at the very least should have gone off when he did the same thing to McGregor [?] a little later on. The Hibs fans were magnificent and belted out the choons loud and clear. Well done to everyone who went up there tonight.

Jason, oh boy - a moment of genius followed by a moment of petulance followed by a moment of sheer madness. Radgeworks he may be but he's our radgeworks.
    I never seen the Gray incident but he was directly in line with me when he caught Daz, hope he doesn't get a retrospective ban he is phucking hopeless.

2208 Post(s)

Our last home game against them we sold out home tickets, albeit a Saturday. They were at home, and they couldnt attract more than double than we brought up.

884 Post(s)
    Our last home game against them we sold out home tickets, albeit a Saturday. They were at home, and they couldnt attract more than double than we brought up.
    Pretty sure our last home game vs them was a Friday night too.

Edinburgh population 495k, Dundee 148k. Before we get too smug, per head they should have less than a third our crowd, they have more than half.

1868 Post(s)
    don't think we have played them on a Saturday this season?

not really bothered but given pre relegation we have struggled to fill that wee fair play stand for years in league games at Tannadice I wouldn't be getting too critical of their support.

as an example, last game of season 2010 we needed win to secure European place I think we maybe took 800, might have been less.

don't think we have played them on a Saturday this season?

not really bothered but given pre relegation we have struggled to fill that wee fair play stand for years in league games at Tannadice I wouldn't be getting too critical of their support.

as an example, last game of season 2010 we needed win to secure European place I think we maybe took 800, might have been less.
    Good post R; not trying to start a flame war but this is gunt style patter imho. Every local fan base who turn out for their side rather than going to Glasgow or watching Chelski on sky are alright by me. For the size of Dundee they turn out more than we do, and in turn, proportionately, we turn out more than Real Madrid,

1868 Post(s)
    Good post R; not trying to start a flame war but this is gunt style patter imho. Every local fan base who turn out for their side rather than going to Glasgow or watching Chelski on sky are alright by me. For the size of Dundee they turn out more than we do, and in turn, proportionately, we turn out more than Real Madrid,
    aye the big question is how do you get folk to cancel their sky subscription, put the remote down and go out and watch local fitba or even play 5s themselves..

2086 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Jason scores singles, not doubles or trebles. He should really at this level.

In our three seasons in the second tier, only two hat tricks. Bizarre. Neither by Jason either!
    I would disagree with you regarding this season. JC has scored 4 doubles this term. In 3 of the 4 games Lennon has saw fit to sub him denying him his chance of a first hat trick for the Cabbage, The game against Bonnyrigg was the worst offence as he was a stick on to score more goals in that game.

Anyways Bobby, am I right in thinking Jason's goal last night puts him on the 20 mark meaning he is the first Hibs striker since the legendary Joe Baker to have scored 20+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons?

Remarkable stuff from Jason the bampot

144 Post(s)
    4280 Post(s)
    I'm sure Hibs Twitter said there were 2,300 of us which I suppose gives them a few more of the total than's being discussed.

Sometimes I think Jase is a gunt agent!

He missed the penalty against Hamilton all those years ago.

In last year's glorious winning cup run he was sent off against ICT at ER meaning he was unavailable for the replay up there and we're all still scratching oor heids at that penalty against Dundee United in the semi!

Sent off last night in the most stupid of circumstances against our main rivals making him unavailable against Dumbarton who we should batter but struggle against and maybe Falkirk who are now our closest challengers.

All key moments where he's been an arsehole.

And there's more.

884 Post(s)

You know it's a big result when Lewy gets his double fist pump out.

726 Post(s)
    Two huge games, two huge wins and our season on track to be hugely successful.
    Huge yeah?

The performance wasn't great but they fought like f*ck and once again proved that things have changed, we win big games more often than not and we are winners.

The Hibs support were tremendous and the players seemed to appreciate that at the end of the game.

Was that Efe's ceegar smoke we could see after the goal?

$#@! the Hearts. $#@!s.
    We're running the show.

I'm sure Hibs Twitter said there were 2,300 of us which I suppose gives them a few more of the total than's being discussed.
    That was the figure Hibs said on Thursday we had sold. If there were under 3000 it would be by 100 or so at most.

327 Post(s)
    Surprised to see JC getting stick for merely emulating that great Scottish hero Maradona......

But whilst his goal was sublime- movement , first touch and finish all perfect- it's not the first time he's got into trouble for shouting at linesman and throwing the ball away see Hertz in Cup last season. OK no harm done to the scoreline on either night but he's got to realise he can't put his team mates under pressure like that for nothing offences.Doesn't mean the end of being a radge- he puts a smile on my face everything I think of him- just a bit of understanding when where and what he can get away with.

726 Post(s)
    You could be right Jacko as he always runs over to them when he sticks ANOTHER one in their onion bag.
    He must be the most unsuccessful agent of all time as he played a big part in our cup win and is the main reason we are on track for promotion.

Arsehole indeed

218 Post(s)
    5723 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post

You know it's a big result when Lewy gets his double fist pump out.

Nah, he has just booked two weeks in Torremolinos and needed the win bonus to pay the deposit.

884 Post(s)
    Nah, he has just booked two weeks in Torremolinos and needed the win bonus to pay the deposit.
    Hope he went through Frutin Travel

218 Post(s)
    5723 Post(s)

In last year's glorious winning cup run he was sent off against ICT at ER meaning he was unavailable for the replay up there and we're all still scratching oor heids at that penalty against Dundee United in the semi!

Sent off last night in the most stupid of circumstances against our main rivals making him unavailable against Dumbarton who we should batter but struggle against and maybe Falkirk who are now our closest challengers.

And there's more.
    65 Hibernian goals in three seasons tells me all I need to know about the Saughton Pirlo.

2086 Post(s)
    65 Hibernian goals in three seasons tells me all I need to know about the Saughton Pirlo.
    Not only just goals does he score but big game ones too. That was his 4th goal in 6 games against Utd. Against our real challengers he has scored 5 in 9 against the gunts, 8 in 11 against the huns and 10 in 14 against Falkirk. That is $#@!in amazing consistency against your peers. And he's only 21 years old! We have a special lad.

Enjoy him while we can because we won't see his likes again for many a year. Many.

1614 Post(s)
    Great report as ever M

Totally agree especially the Boyle comment as I thought he was our weakest link.

Great performance from us and those who doubted Efe coming here well hopefully he has done more enough to convince you it was another Stroud signing by NL.

6431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    Great report as ever M

Totally agree especially the Boyle comment as I thought he was our weakest link.

Great performance from us and those who doubted Efe coming here well hopefully he has done more enough to convince you it was another Stroud signing by NL.
    No need to find a 'weakest link' is there?

Boyle missed a sitter but still played his part. His pace had the Arab defence $#@!ting itself and he always looks like getting us free kicks and penalties due to his bursts past defenders. If he was a quality finisher as well then he'd be else where.

Dunno why we always seem to pick out a player in such a way.

6584 Post(s)

And there's more.
    This and on another thread you called him a "prick".

Very strange comments from a Hibby towards a player that's pretty much carried our team in the goalscoring department the past three seasons as a young laddie.

Oh and stuck it up the Gunts many many times.

Give the laddie a break.

He's a Hibs LEGEND.

133 Post(s)
    Holt bullies defenders and pisses them of big time, Jason purrs then scratches teams with goals, Boyle is Billy Whizz with passion for our club.
    Reminds me of Pat Stanton telling me of our classical right ( Brownlie & Edwards ) Kamikaze left ( Schaedler & Duncan ) both unplayable at times. This group of players love the club and have us fans smiling again, here we go............ GGTTH.

Can't mention enough how i love reading the just backs, can't make many away games now and really appreciate 1875 witty and accurate reports.
    Don't need MSM now they're killing themselves.

Cheers.

1868 Post(s)
    Good report as usual Mark

4462 Post(s)
    @Jack pretty strange attitude towards Cummings. He was stupid last night and is prone to lapses in judgement, but to call him out as an arsehole, hunt and prick is suspect behaviour.

Remember, if not for him we don't win last night

Just hame. Fantastic result Fantastic crowd Fantastic beer Fantastic pizza Fantastic sleep. Fan $#@!in tastic . Noo for some egg chasing and rest.

884 Post(s)
    You dinnae half talk some $#@!e sometimes Jacky boy

144 Post(s)
    4280 Post(s)
    @everyone

I love Jase I just find him so incredibly frustrating.

3414 Post(s)
    Good teams have a mix of personalities.

For instance, we have Lewis, who leads by quiet example.
    We have Daz, who in a Hibs shirt wouldn't give an inch if you put a gun to his head.
    We have SJM, whose class frightens the opposition and makes them think before they've kicked a ball.
    We have Holt, a formerly brilliant footballer, enjoying squeezing the last ounce out of professional football, which is now making him a potent force on the park.
    There's plenty more.

But we also have Jase, whose personality is an unquantifiable ingredient in our blend of characters. But for all the radgeness - the boy is LETHAL. All the other characters matter not a jot if the ball doesn't nestle in the onion bag. Which it does with priceless regularity.

Anyone who would prefer to see us without Jase is actually fcukin certifiable. And has a short fcukin memory.

We are lucky to have him. Enjoy him while we can.

2086 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    You dinnae half talk some $#@!e sometimes Jacky boy

Telt!

10 Post(s)
    425 Post(s)
    @everyone

I love Jase I just find him so incredibly frustrating.
    I'm prone to looking for the negative in things but with 65 goal moments in the last 3 years his 'frustrating' moments seem pretty small fry and I also think we all know that the cause of those frustrating moments is exactly the same thing that leads to all those goals. I do wish he'd stop sticking his penalties so close to the middle though.

44 Post(s)
    Agree with nearly all of your excellent report again bud, apart from Fyvie, thought he was good when he came on. Also did anyone notice Keatings was ready to come on for Cummings just before he did his best superman effort.

210 Post(s)
    Jack i hope you realise what a shop front you sound. Yes, JC does some strange stuff...but bringing up his miss against Hamilton? Are you saying he meant to miss??

He's a radge, but for now - he's OUR radge. Enjoy him while you can, cos we'll ALL miss him when he's gone.

433 Post(s)
    Reckon Jack is basically bounce-trolling!

144 Post(s)
    4280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees-Mad View Post
    Jack i hope you realise what a shop front you sound. Yes, JC does some strange stuff...but bringing up his miss against Hamilton? Are you saying he meant to miss??

He's a radge, but for now - he's OUR radge. Enjoy him while you can, cos we'll ALL miss him when he's gone.
    Nah, not really there was a bucket of $#@!e from the teams before that and an equally bad manager.

I'm just so $#@!ing pissed off that at key moments some of what he does is just unbelievable and totally unnecessary.

I understand the daft laddie but the team comes first. Chucking stuff in McDonald's is being a dafty, but on the pitch he's a professional footballer.

1614 Post(s)
    No need to find a 'weakest link' is there?

Boyle missed a sitter but still played his part. His pace had the Arab defence $#@!ting itself and he always looks like getting us free kicks and penalties due to his bursts past defenders. If he was a quality finisher as well then he'd be else where.

Dunno why we always seem to pick out a player in such a way.
    In and out of the game with a stinker of a miss tae, being honest we could get better.

Wish he was more direct, too much choosing the wrong option at times, missed a stinker at St Mirren tae.

316 Post(s)
    Have been critical of JC at times myself. again its through only frustration. He has banged in a vast amount of goals, would be a good few more without his moments of madness.

With all that has been said about him, is worth rememebring he was patched by the gunts and ended up doing gardening for a bit. Through that he still managed to graft away and keep himself in shape to get signed up by us, albeit through youth set up intially. A lot of kids these days would have thrown in the towel and ended up on a different path, some not so nice. Maybe he is not quite the dafty he's being labelled.

239 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    Have been critical of JC at times myself. again its through only frustration. He has banged in a vast amount of goals, would be a good few more without his moments of madness.

With all that has been said about him, is worth rememebring he was patched by the gunts and ended up doing gardening for a bit. Through that he still managed to graft away and keep himself in shape to get signed up by us, albeit through youth set up intially. A lot of kids these days would have thrown in the towel and ended up on a different path, some not so nice. Maybe he is not quite the dafty he's being labelled.
    Agree. He's a character for sure and I like
    that.

1572 Post(s)
    I would disagree with you regarding this season. JC has scored 4 doubles this term. In 3 of the 4 games Lennon has saw fit to sub him denying him his chance of a first hat trick for the Cabbage, The game against Bonnyrigg was the worst offence as he was a stick on to score more goals in that game.

Anyways Bobby, am I right in thinking Jason's goal last night puts him on the 20 mark meaning he is the first Hibs striker since the legendary Joe Baker to have scored 20+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons?

Remarkable stuff from Jason the bampot
    I've had a quick check and I think you're right about Baker.

Baby Radge

This and on another thread you called him a "prick".Very strange comments from a Hibby towards a player that's pretty much carried our team in the goalscoring department the past three seasons as a young laddie.Oh and stuck it up the Gunts many many times.Give the laddie a break.He's a Hibs LEGEND.
    Re the ball bouncing incident by JC , I and a large contingent around me didn't think it merits a yellow card ,a short Sharp lecture from the card happy ref would've been fair.I think we're forgetting he's still a young laddie, we all did daft things at his age .Lenny will guide him in the right direction..I thought the whole team played their part maybe some less than others but none merit name calling on here.Next few games are crucial and we all need to play our part .. Just renewed ma season ticket 😊.. GGTTH

2504 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    In and out of the game with a stinker of a miss tae, being honest we could get better.

Wish he was more direct, too much choosing the wrong option at times, missed a stinker at St Mirren tae.
    IMO Boyle is a winger and nothing else. He doesn't have the composure or predatory instinct inside the penalty box to be an effective striker. I actually think he is a very good winger to be honest...when he is played on the right. He has, pace, tenacity and skill to get in behind a defence and cause all sorts of problems as we have seen fairly recently as well. He can also occasionally score goals and has good stamina. If Lennon would just always play him on the right wing when he does play him we would get the best out of him IMO.

482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2Jags View Post
    I thought the whole team played their part maybe some less than others but none merit name calling on here.Next few games are crucial and we all need to play our part ..
    Well said.

379 Post(s)
    Massive result, great backing from us again! Haven't seen the any replays on tv yet, but do remember others around me saying they thought the flag went up before JC punched the ball im the net? Either way it was daft giving a ref that was having a shocker another decision too make! Got the win that's all that really matters keets is a more than adequate replacement for a game.
    3 home games in a row now, win them and we will be very nearly back where we belong.

3414 Post(s)
    How long will Jase be suspended? Is it just the one game for two yellows?