Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash

Singing Section - Update

Further to our announcement on 28 February 2017, Section 25 of the FF Upper will be transformed into the Singing Section next year.

To date, over 75 applications have been received. The closing date for applications is 23 March 2017. If the demand outweighs the availability, we’ll contact those who have not been successful and place on a waiting list. We’ll also contact those successful to then arrange the purchase of the Season Ticket by 7 April 2017, in line with the Early Bird and Payment Plan closure at the club.

Both our Group and the Club have received feedback from a small number of supporters relating to the lack of engagement. Our Group recognise the areas where we have failed to engage with the right audience and have taken a number of learnings from this experience. We’d like to apologise for any upset/inconvenience caused to that population. I also understand the Club continue to liaise with those impacted by this change.

As ever, we’re happy to discuss these changes and are arranging for a “drop-in session” in the next couple of weeks where all supporters will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet those involved and interested in the Singing Section. Date, time and location to be confirmed.

We've created a small forum to keep track of updates to the section and details of buses/sections for away games.

http://since1875.boards.net/forum

Thanks to everyone who has sent a message to the account. I have categorised these below into a Q&A for your viewing.

Q – I cannot use the application on the website, how do I apply?

A – Please send the following information by email to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

Full Name –
    Address –
    Client Ref –
    Email Address –

Price Class (select one)
    Adult
    Child (0-11)
    Youth (12-17)
    Student
    Senior (65+)

Signed (Your Name) –
    Date –

Q – How to I apply with my friends/family to ensure we have seats together?

A – Please arrange for all applications to be sent together in one email. One application per person must be completed.

We thank you for your continued support and backing. As a Group of passionate supporters, we will continue to work hard and engage with the wider fan base to ensure this is a success.

Glory Glory

Since 1875

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well done, mate. FWIW, I think you've done about all you reasonably could - at the end of the day, there's folk who'll complain that the sun rises in the morning, let alone they've not been consulted enough. Look forward to seeing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have emailed the address with my brothers and my own applications. Is it possible to get an email back confirming the info I sent was sufficient

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have emailed the address with my brothers and my own applications. Is it possible to get an email back confirming the info I sent was sufficient

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wsamcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have asked Hibs to allow us to support them by issuing acknowledgements to reassure people. If you want to PM me what you sent I'll confirm accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    We have asked Hibs to allow us to support them by issuing acknowledgements to reassure people. If you want to PM me what you sent I'll confirm accordingly.
    I sent a paragraph saying that myself and my brother would like to sit in the section. I explained that I'll be buying the ticket on behalf of him that's why I am sending them together. Also sent our names, addresses, season ticket type but used the same contact number and email for both.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wsamcrowe View Post
    I sent a paragraph saying that myself and my brother would like to sit in the section. I explained that I'll be buying the ticket on behalf of him that's why I am sending them together. Also sent our names, addresses, season ticket type but used the same contact number and email for both.
    That's perfect. I'll ensure you are seated together.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    As someone who is not affected by this, can I just ask the OP why the club are moving the singing section from where it is just now in the East, to the Famous Five upper inconveniencing those who have possibly had season tickets there for years ? It seems fine to me where it currently is in the East Stand.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    As someone who is not affected by this, can I just ask the OP why the club are moving the singing section from where it is just now in the East, to the Famous Five upper inconveniencing those who have possibly had season tickets there for years ? It seems fine to me where it currently is in the East Stand.
    This move was driven by us. Initially we suggested behind the goals; however this would have impacted too many supporters and hibs understandably felt the risk outweighed the potential reward.We are currently based at the bottom of the East, next to the away support. This move will see us almost at the heart of the Hibs support with the potential to grow significantly.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4658 Post(s)
    vCash
    This move was driven by us. Initially we suggested behind the goals; however this would have impacted too many supporters and hibs understandably felt the risk outweighed the potential reward.We are currently based at the bottom of the East, next to the away support. This move will see us almost at the heart of the Hibs support with the potential to grow significantly.
    Who suggested the section you are now moving to? The club or did you guys think you would get good acoustics there?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Who suggested the section you are now moving to? The club or did you guys think you would get good acoustics there?
    We asked to explore the FF Lower. It was quickly ruled out due to impact to supporters and potentially financially.Section 25 was then proposed to which we agreed to give it a go.No doubt it will be far better acoustically, visually as well as holding three times what our current location holds.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4658 Post(s)
    vCash
    We asked to explore the FF Lower. It was quickly ruled out due to impact to supporters and potentially financially.Section 25 was then proposed to which we agreed to give it a go.No doubt it will be far better acoustically, visually as well as holding three times what our current location holds.
    Cheers R

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for your reply
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was going to apply but decided I really like my seat in sect43 but hopefully the atmosphere around there stays the same even with you guys moving and it works the way yous are planning and it gets all 3 stands signing instead of only 1 predominantly

Freeloading Admin Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think the FF Lower would have been perfect for you guys. Im auld skool and long before the auld east terrace, the place to be for singing was the Cowshed(now FF).
    The visual impact, along with the acoustics, would be a great sight, especially when the baw hits the net right in front of you, against the Gunts

For me, the Upper section takes away the effect that you guys are trying to create, as you are further away from the pitch. Its a bit like what happens at some away grounds with us, 'Well, Killie, etc, that they stick us as far back as possible so we cant get near the pitch, even pre~exuberence days It kinda dilutes the atmosphere a bit, and makes the game/crowd look sh'ite on the telly.

I totally understand the movement issues, and the considerations to be made, of fans already in that area, but its gonny happen wherever you move to.

As long as its no next to me, I kinda enjoy a wee kip now and then during a game

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs have confirmed they will be issuing acknowledgements to all who have applied in the next couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's perfect. I'll ensure you are seated together.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    A number of incomplete applications were received. You may have been asked to clarify some details by email.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bump.

Will provide an update later this week.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Was going to apply but decided I really like my seat in sect43 but hopefully the atmosphere around there stays the same even with you guys moving and it works the way yous are planning and it gets all 3 stands signing instead of only 1 predominantly
    Decided to stay in 43 as well. There was limited seats in the FF section and seems to be oversubscribed if I have been following correctly, so dont wanna take the chance I end up in the next section with someone telling me to sit down

Freeloading Admin Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Decided to stay in 43 as well. There was limited seats in the FF section and seems to be oversubscribed if I have been following correctly, so dont wanna take the chance I end up in the next section with someone telling me to sit down
    that'll probably be Shrink

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4658 Post(s)
    vCash
    No sure where you are getting your information from @Davy but I'm sure that last info I saw said there were 250 seats in singing section and they had had 95 applications.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    No sure where you are getting your information from @Davy but I'm sure that last info I saw said there were 250 seats in singing section and they had had 95 applications.
    I saw a couple of weeks ago that they'd had 75 and were verbally guaranteed at least another 75. Not sure what's happened in the meantime.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerhibby View Post
    that'll probably be Shrink
    Too fcukin true.

It's a singing section no a fcukin standing section.
    They'll be knackered carrying that drum all the way up here anyway, probably lying down rather than standing.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    No seats have been assigned so dont think you've followed the instructions above. If you apply today, you'll be in. Can relocate your ST.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    No seats have been assigned so dont think you've followed the instructions above. If you apply today, you'll be in. Can relocate your ST.
    ok ill talk to my son

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted