Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was absolutely unacceptable.......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5645 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was absolutely unacceptable.......

I am sure most of you will have heard Neil Lennon’s post match interview, he was raging and quite rightly so, Hibs did not start playing until 60 minutes, not because Humphrey came on, more we seemed to wake up when Raith made 3 subs at once. That is not good enough, Neil doesn’t think its good enough, nor do we. Couple of things on that, 1, the fans pay to get in Neil, we have more to grumble about than you and you picked the team, 2 , it took you over an hour to make the most obvious change, the narrow diamond wisnae working, Raith’s midfield were running over the top of us, as you watched on. For the second week in a row, Fraser Fyvie and James Keatings have looked lost in the positions they are playing. John McGinn also had to work hard to get involved. The game was crying out for wingers, we have two on the bench, we didnae see them until it was frankly too late.

Team shape is everything in football, Neil talked about respecting the opposition, I don’t think he respected them much. He started the game the way he wanted Hibs to play and ignored Rovers shape completely until they scored and Keats got injured. Mvoto had Cummings in his pocket, it was crying out for Holt to mix it up, we brought him on with five minutes to go, right after Graham had won his fist header of any merit. I also think we piss about way too much, Marciano does not distribute a ball as well or as quickly as Laidlaw, Fontaine takes an eternity to blooter it to no one in particular, Lewis today took a touch and went backwards too much, Jason’s touch was woeful first half, Fyvie found a Hibs player with only one or two passes, McGinn played some lovely football in spurts, but I think the position he is being asked to play doesn’t suit him. Keats clearly disnae know what to do n that role, he barely brought anything to the game. We did start to play after Jasons wonderful free kick, but it was powderpuff, and Ireckon we came into it as the balloon Hughes made three subs at the same time and Raith wobbled after it. Not good enough Hibs, no where near acceptable, in front of over 2500 Hibernian fans who pay good money to see more craft, guile and effort than was on show today. I have to say we have 3 or 4 lightweights in our team, jessies, poly bags, shirkers, call them what you will but they need to toughen up.

Your rant was admirable Neil, but you pick the team, you can make the changes to the team and shape, you left it too late. Change it when it is going wrong or not working.

The Team

I thought Rocky had no chance at the goal, but he was poor in his distribution and I wasn’t impressed.

Gray was fine, up and down that line, but no opportunity to get the ball in the box, although he stuck in a couple good headers that the two/ three strikers done nothing about it.

Darren was Darren, he has to be at the moment.

Fontaine done ok, but he hoofs the ball aimlessly and for me he should have got his head on the ball and scored a flying header, he didnae as he never scores with his head which begs the question why does he go up for corners?

Stevenson has a reasonable game most weeks, but it often goes wrong in Kirkcaldy, it didn’t today, I thought he did fine, a couple of very nice bits of football.

We needed Marv today, the Raith midfield was robust, aka hard and no feart to foul, not that the baldy prick of a ref noticed. He got booked, when Raith players didn’t for similar fouls.

John McGinn showed snippets of brilliance but clearly disnae like that narrow diamond, when he sits on the left, but he got more into the game when Boyle came on and John moved more into the middle.

Fraser Fyvie rarely found a Hibs player with a pass all game, he was generally brutal. Another one who does not play as well when we shape up like this. What a waste of a good player.

I like Keats, he tries, but he was rotten today, he just never got going. Even a number of his dead balls were poor. The third of four midfielders who are less affective when we play that narrow diamond. Pity, Keats gives a $#@!e, but is another lightweight, easily bullied by Hughes’ hard men. Picked up a head injury and walked round the track after being replaced by Boyle looking like Benny Brazil.

I argue that Graham disnae get enough time to prove himself. He was given that time today and simply didn’t take his chance. Frankly I felt that Holt would have given the Raith defence more of their own medicine, we left it too late to find out whether that was the case.

Jason scored a wonderful free kick, but had a hard shift up against the excellent Mvoto who was all over him. Not that Jason didn’t try, he just had a torrid time against the big fellae.

Subs

Humphrey came on for Fyvie and has the odd burst of wingerness, but really didnae set the heather on fire. I am not impressed.

Boyle came on for Keats and was direct but is a jessie.

Holt came on too late, replacing Graham, with no time really to noise up the Raith back four. Pity, I am not his biggest fan, but I do think we needed him up there today, Neil, you waited until 5 minutes to go.

Neil’s rant on the radio was eloquent and full of passion. Pity he only blamed the players as he got the shape wrong and didnae sort it until we fell behind. He picks the team, he needs to admit his own mistakes, and correct them promptly. Like the attitude though, you sounded like a frustrated Hibs fan, that will do for me.

I was an admirer of Raith Rovers old Chairman, Turnbull Hutton, he stood up to the Huns when bigger clubs including our own representative didn’t. I liked their green away kit. It was all spoiled when they signed that fanny Skacel and the pee pervert Locke. I never liked Hughes but he went up in my estimation by not bringing on the snidey big nosed prick on. I thought Raith looked like a John Hughes team, hard, robust and ugly, much like Yogi. But they matched us for an hour. Hibs could do a lot worse than signing the big number 5, Mvoto, what a good, no nonsense defender. He had a couple of our players keeking their drawers today.

I thought the referee was appalling, Raith kicked, fouled and tugged with impunity. He booked one of them. Marv was booked for being black, Keats for having a beard and Graham for scratching his arse in an intimidating manner. He denied us two penalties. Only TV coverage will confirm if he was right, both looked penalties from my seat?

Hibs were pretty poor today, so much so we had no really player who shone, sadly I have had to say that too many times this season. One or two never stopped trying, Daz as ever, McGinn in wee bursts, but today I give it to Jase, his wonder goal got us a point, the laddie will be one of the reasons we get promoted (if we do), he scores goals. No one else looks likely.

Next its the Gunts, the horrible, bloodied turd wearing representatives of the establishment. The library dwelling puddle drinkers will no doubt be digging out a song or two they can sing at Easter Road on Wednesday. They may even sing one? We need to put them to the sword, batter them, blooter them and beat them to a pulp. Get the feel good factor back.

Get behind the team, doing so gives us a 12th man, doing so will help us over the line.

Hibernian Forever
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fantastic reports Mark agree 100%!
    I have to say I was not surprised with today's performance it reminded me so much of the air game. We had hearts coming up then and you could see them they had one eye on that game. It was the same today.
    We should be winning these games comfortably, and getting this league one.
    Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with pretty much all of the above analysis. Lennon seems to be getting plaudits for caning the team after the game. Fair enough they were mostly $#@!e but there was more to it than lack of desire. I'd like to have heard him explain how we are ever supposed to score from open play when we barely create anything. We have so many defensive minded players on the pitch it's as if we play not to lose first, then hope to snatch a goal from a set peice. It's pish.

For the first hour the ball seemed to keep ending up back at the feet of Fontaine who kept hitting either aimless diagonal hoofs or miskicked it straight down the throats of their midfield. He was woeful today after an impressive showing off the bench at the PBS.

What was also blatantly evident today was that Keatings (clever and skilful in flashes tho he may be) is not the answer behind the strikers/creative role. He doesn't get on the ball enough and is invisible for large parts of the game...I've reluctantly come to the conclusion he isn't good enough as Lennon won't play him as a striker (where he's best imo).

I've banged on about our poor transfer windows ad nauseum but it's days like today that really show up how weak the squad is this season. We have a dearth of creative players and Jason Cummings has saved Lennon's arse on many on occasion. A situation we all agreed needing addressing last Summer..well two windows later it's arguably worse. That is unacceptable.

Wednesday will be a different story and will take care of itself, the game will suit Lennon's safety first approach. We need to rethink our tactics away from home tho..we're too narrow, predictable, and lack any cohesion or creativity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report Mark, appreciate them even more now I've moved down south. Agree about signing Mvoto, he was also impressive against us on Xmas eve I thought.

Hate to think where we'd be without Jason Cummings

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6661 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ta for the report @1875. It made dismal reading [through no fault of your own].

You're right that Lennon needs to take responsibility. It's not good enough just to blame the team.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

A Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report M. As always.
    The way I heard the after match report. NL took some blame, I thought. But his threat to drop some of them is a bit weak as we really don't have a big enough squad.
    Crap today but we got a point, we're 7 clear. Neils rant cheered me and my daughter up on the way home.
    GGTTH

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    I would hate to think where we would be without jason .
    Sitting watching that the day it's hard to see where we would get goals from .
    Far to ponderous no fluency whatsoever we have been fortunate that other teams haven't made ground on us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    Horrible performance today only tempered by my company on the journey up from the Borders. Hibs made it so easy for RR today. We were absolute $#@!.
    Still, 7 points clear, yip I will take that. Thank god the rest of the league are as poor.
    GGTTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    vCash
    No surprise that the ref gave us nowt as he is massive Falkirk fan and you can take that to the bank

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2485 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report.
    Two vital points dropped and another poor away performance.
    Lack of goals throughout the team has been Hibs biggest handicap since the Mowbray/Collins era around 10 to 12 years ago.
    Agree about Mvoto...I have been very impressed by him any time I have seen him play. Wouldn't mind having him at ER.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6402 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Fonts had an awful game today. Just entirely out of sorts.
    Spookily I made exactly the same comment as 1875 - to my two laddies about Marv being booked for being black.

Yet another $#@! referee.

A slimmer Tiny Wharton.

My sky bet kitty is nearly bereft of sponduliks.
    Thank fcuk I stuck £50 on us winning the league.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for report , missed oot the day had tae work , woolly hat just came through the door with a face like fizz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6402 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for report , missed oot the day had tae work , woolly hat just came through the door with a face like fizz.
    That ugly ginger bint?

Had he hacked her head off and was carrying it in a bag?

Hope so.

I'd hate to think the lad resembled her, and I'd question his make-up techniques.

Scottish no british, ya radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I am sure most of you will have heard Neil Lennon’s post match interview, he was raging and quite rightly so, Hibs did not start playing until 60 minutes, not because Humphrey came on, more we seemed to wake up when Raith made 3 subs at once. That is not good enough, Neil doesn’t think its good enough, nor do we. Couple of things on that, 1, the fans pay to get in Neil, we have more to grumble about than you and you picked the team, 2 , it took you over an hour to make the most obvious change, the narrow diamond wisnae working, Raith’s midfield were running over the top of us, as you watched on. For the second week in a row, Fraser Fyvie and James Keatings have looked lost in the positions they are playing. John McGinn also had to work hard to get involved. The game was crying out for wingers, we have two on the bench, we didnae see them until it was frankly too late.

Team shape is everything in football, Neil talked about respecting the opposition, I don’t think he respected them much. He started the game the way he wanted Hibs to play and ignored Rovers shape completely until they scored and Keats got injured. Mvoto had Cummings in his pocket, it was crying out for Holt to mix it up, we brought him on with five minutes to go, right after Graham had won his fist header of any merit. I also think we piss about way too much, Marciano does not distribute a ball as well or as quickly as Laidlaw, Fontaine takes an eternity to blooter it to no one in particular, Lewis today took a touch and went backwards too much, Jason’s touch was woeful first half, Fyvie found a Hibs player with only one or two passes, McGinn played some lovely football in spurts, but I think the position he is being asked to play doesn’t suit him. Keats clearly disnae know what to do n that role, he barely brought anything to the game. We did start to play after Jasons wonderful free kick, but it was powderpuff, and Ireckon we came into it as the balloon Hughes made three subs at the same time and Raith wobbled after it. Not good enough Hibs, no where near acceptable, in front of over 2500 Hibernian fans who pay good money to see more craft, guile and effort than was on show today. I have to say we have 3 or 4 lightweights in our team, jessies, poly bags, shirkers, call them what you will but they need to toughen up.

Your rant was admirable Neil, but you pick the team, you can make the changes to the team and shape, you left it too late. Change it when it is going wrong or not working.

The Team

I thought Rocky had no chance at the goal, but he was poor in his distribution and I wasn’t impressed.

Gray was fine, up and down that line, but no opportunity to get the ball in the box, although he stuck in a couple good headers that the two/ three strikers done nothing about it.

Fontaine done ok, but he hoofs the ball aimlessly and for me he should have got his head on the ball and scored a flying header, he didnae as he never scores with his head which begs the question why does he go up for corners?

Stevenson has a reasonable game most weeks, but it often goes wrong in Kirkcaldy, it didn’t today, I thought he did fine, a couple of very nice bits of football.

We needed Marv today, the Raith midfield was robust, aka hard and no feart to foul, not that the baldy prick of a ref noticed. He got booked, when Raith players didn’t for similar fouls.

John McGinn showed snippets of brilliance but clearly disnae like that narrow diamond, when he sits on the left, but he got more into the game when Boyle came on and John moved more into the middle.

Fraser Fyvie rarely found a Hibs player with a pass all game, he was generally brutal. Another one who does not play as well when we shape up like this. What a waste of a good player.

I like Keats, he tries, but he was rotten today, he just never got going. Even a number of his dead balls were poor. The third of four midfielders who are less affective when we play that narrow diamond. Pity, Keats gives a $#@!e, but is another lightweight, easily bullied by Hughes’ hard men. Picked up a head injury and walked round the track after being replaced by Boyle looking like Benny Brazil.

I argue that Graham disnae get enough time to prove himself. He was given that time today and simply didn’t take his chance. Frankly I felt that Holt would have given the Raith defence more of their own medicine, we left it too late to find out whether that was the case.

Jason scored a wonderful free kick, but had a hard shift up against the excellent Mvoto who was all over him. Not that Jason didn’t try, he just had a torrid time against the big fellae.

Subs

Humphrey came on for Fyvie and has the odd burst of wingerness, but really didnae set the heather on fire. I am not impressed.

Holt came on too late, replacing Graham, with no time really to noise up the Raith back four. Pity, I am not his biggest fan, but I do think we needed him up there today, Neil, you waited until 5 minutes to go.

Neil’s rant on the radio was eloquent and full of passion. Pity he only blamed the players as he got the shape wrong and didnae sort it until we fell behind. He picks the team, he needs to admit his own mistakes, and correct them promptly. Like the attitude though, you sounded like a frustrated Hibs fan, that will do for me.

I was an admirer of Raith Rovers old Chairman, Turnbull Hutton, he stood up to the Huns when bigger clubs including our own representative didn’t. I liked their green away kit. It was all spoiled when they signed that fanny Skacel and the pee pervert Locke. I never liked Hughes but he went up in my estimation by not bringing on the snidey big nosed prick on. I thought Raith looked like a John Hughes team, hard, robust and ugly, much like Yogi. But they matched us for an hour. Hibs could do a lot worse than signing the big number 5, Mvoto, what a good, no nonsense defender. He had a couple of our players keeking their drawers today.

I thought the referee was appalling, Raith kicked, fouled and tugged with impunity. He booked one of them. Marv was booked for being black, Keats for having a beard and Graham for scratching his arse in an intimidating manner. He denied us two penalties. Only TV coverage will confirm if he was right, both looked penalties from my seat?

Hibs were pretty poor today, so much so we had no really player who shone, sadly I have had to say that too many times this season. One or two never stopped trying, Daz as ever, McGinn in wee bursts, but today I give it to Jase, his wonder goal got us a point, the laddie will be one of the reasons we get promoted (if we do), he scores goals. No one else looks likely.

Next its the Gunts, the horrible, bloodied turd wearing representatives of the establishment. The library dwelling puddle drinkers will no doubt be digging out a song or two they can sing at Easter Road on Wednesday. They may even sing one? We need to put them to the sword, batter them, blooter them and beat them to a pulp. Get the feel good factor back.

Get behind the team, doing so gives us a 12th man, doing so will help us over the line.

Hibernian Forever
    think you've pretty much hit the nail on the heid with everything there. we weren't up tae much, Lennon despite his rant carries as much of the blame as the team does, today was another one of these unacceptable performances. Referee was awful, i think tae myself most weeks surely they cannae get any worse and most weeks they prove me wrong, how we never had at least one penalty in that game is beyond belief. The boy mclean aside there really isnae one that has a clue (and that **** today is one of the worst), nit picking every wee thing about a freekick/throw in being 12 inches for it was then getting every big call wrong, it really is about degrees of pishness with these clowns, naebody ever talks about how good the ref was.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    vCash
    Total pish, wish i'd stayed in the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    think you've pretty much hit the nail on the heid with everything there. we weren't up tae much, Lennon despite his rant carries as much of the blame as the team does, today was another one of these unacceptable performances. Referee was awful, i think tae myself most weeks surely they cannae get any worse and most weeks they prove me wrong, how we never had at least one penalty in that game is beyond belief. The boy mclean aside there really isnae one that has a clue (and that **** today is one of the worst), nit picking every wee thing about a freekick/throw in being 12 inches for it was then getting every big call wrong, it really is about degrees of pishness with these clowns, naebody ever talks about how good the ref was.
    Why does Lennon get the blame as much as the team? Starting 11 more than good enough to beat a team that had not won since October

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2715 Post(s)
    vCash
    That was pish,we're winning the league because we don't have a challenge.

7 points clear,12 games to go (Thank $#@!!)
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    Why does Lennon get the blame as much as the team? Starting 11 more than good enough to beat a team that had not won since October
    Yup, Lennon watches them in training, they must be doing something to get in the team, I'm no surprised he gets pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    That was pish,we're winning the league because we don't have a challenge.

7 points clear,12 games to go (Thank $#@!!)
    Even we couldn't bottle that.

Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    vCash
    Highlights up here, penalty shouts inconclusive ?

Raith V Hibs - YouTube

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post

The Team

Subs

Hibernian Forever
    Played with wingers against Ayr. Got pelters. Didn't go with wingers at raith. Got pelters.

Formations over rated at times. You got to win individual battles.

For me another poor game for McGinn. Continually turns into traffic and looses possession.

Marv hides when we dominate possession. He's playing at bottom of diamond he needs to take ball of centre halfes.

Keats hides should be finding space to feed forwards. We have static forwards who don't show for it.

We will win league not because we are good but the rest are poor.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6539 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's a pity Keats never takes his chance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6402 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rude_boy View Post
    Highlights up here, penalty shouts inconclusive ?

Raith V Hibs - YouTube

I'd have given them both.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    It's a pity Keats never takes his chance?
    He's had lots chances last few seasons and falls short. There is talent there. Got a great shot abd playing tip of diamond there are plenty opportunities to get into box. But never there

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1276 Post(s)
    vCash
    Very frustrating game of football. Terrible performance from the players and the ref.

I'm glad Lennon came out and slated the team. He is a winner with a winners mentality and the players should look to learn from him.

It's like we have been coasting all season, going through the motions. Scared to take the league by the scruff of the neck. In saying that, i do think we wouldn't have got a point from that game last season. We seem to manage to grind out points when we are poor and I suppose that's a sign of league leaders.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was dire and to be honest it's happening too often. I'm quite frankly getting hacked off at Lennon distancing himself from the players each bad performance. In my opinion Lennon's a dud, his signings have been rank, his tactics are shocking and his football is dire to watch.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Grahams penalty claim looked like dive to me and what an awful attempt at a clearance from Stevenson

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great freekick from JC but I'll be glad when the Gunts game is come and gone so we can get back to business of winning the league, 7 points is nothing so we need to start pulling away by beating Dunfermline this Saturday.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    Great freekick from JC but I'll be glad when the Gunts game is come and gone so we can get back to business of winning the league, 7 points is nothing so we need to start pulling away by beating Dunfermline this Saturday.
    I agree let's win this league in style. .
    The puddle drinker's games have been a distraction. .
    Let's get behind the team, 3 years is long enough in this toilet off a league. ....
    Persevere.... GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report mate first time I've had a chance to read it!
    feel sorry for my pal that I gave my ticket too. Looks like fonts has went back to his usual game after last weeks brief spell off hope i had for him...quicker Paul's back the better.
    on to Wednesday now and i too will be glad when the distractions off this game are done and dusted so we can focus on Dunfermline on Saturday night

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Took a couple of days so my post didn't turn into a rant but what a slow paced shambles that was!! I agree with Lennon's rant to an extent but don't agree that individuals were singled out for criticism, especially not our top scorer!! At the end of the day Jase had no chance winning the hoofs, punted towards his head, against M'Voto, but he did have some success when he got the ball to feet and ran at him. Lennon could have had a word with Fontaine to tell him to stop shelling it forward aimlessly or brought Holt on for Keats to occupy both of their centre halfs and give JC some room but he didn't and HE needs to take responsibility for that! The sooner Hanlon comes back the better, I have not rated Fontaine, derby appearance aside, this season, he either hoofs the ball aimlessly or comes charging into the midfield with the it and has it taken off him, leaving him out of position and the defence backpedaling! Like 1875 it really annoys me that he goes up for corners, he never gets a header on target & just ends up getting in the way of others who might have a better chance.

Bartley and Fyvie also cannot play together in a 4 man midfield, they both want to sit deep and it ends up leaving the whole midfield disjointed, leaving our attacking players isolated and McGinn unsure of what he should do. It could potentially work in a 4-2-3-1 formation but otherwise, if Marv starts, McGeouch (if fit), Martin or one of the two wingers needs to play on the right imo.

I have a horrible feeling that Lennon will drop JC now and in turn remove our only real goal threat!! I'm caught in two minds of how we should set up on Wed night now, we could play a 4-2-3-1 like we did for the united game and push McGinn further forward with Boyle/Keatings and Humphrey either side but that would mean dropping our best striker or Holt who had a very good game at the PBS, or we could go with a flat 4-4-2 with McGinn and Bartley in the middle and wingers either side? As an aside I wonder if he would consider playing Crane at Left mid, I'm sure he's played there for the dev team before and can certainly cross a ball!! I'm sure he also takes/took a lot of the dev teams set pieces too?

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmLee View Post
    Took a couple of days so my post didn't turn into a rant but what a slow paced shambles that was!! I agree with Lennon's rant to an extent but don't agree that individuals were singled out for criticism, especially not our top scorer!! At the end of the day Jase had no chance winning the hoofs, punted towards his head, against M'Voto, but he did have some success when he got the ball to feet and ran at him. Lennon could have had a word with Fontaine to tell him to stop shelling it forward aimlessly or brought Holt on for Keats to occupy both of their centre halfs and give JC some room but he didn't and HE needs to take responsibility for that! The sooner Hanlon comes back the better, I have not rated Fontaine, derby appearance aside, this season, he either hoofs the ball aimlessly or comes charging into the midfield with the it and has it taken off him, leaving him out of position and the defence backpedaling! Like 1875 it really annoys me that he goes up for corners, he never gets a header on target & just ends up getting in the way of others who might have a better chance.

Bartley and Fyvie also cannot play together in a 4 man midfield, they both want to sit deep and it ends up leaving the whole midfield disjointed, leaving our attacking players isolated and McGinn unsure of what he should do. It could potentially work in a 4-2-3-1 formation but otherwise, if Marv starts, McGeouch (if fit), Martin or one of the two wingers needs to play on the right imo.

I have a horrible feeling that Lennon will drop JC now and in turn remove our only real goal threat!! I'm caught in two minds of how we should set up on Wed night now, we could play a 4-2-3-1 like we did for the united game and push McGinn further forward with Boyle/Keatings and Humphrey either side but that would mean dropping our best striker or Holt who had a very good game at the PBS, or we could go with a flat 4-4-2 with McGinn and Bartley in the middle and wingers either side? As an aside I wonder if he would consider playing Crane at Left mid, I'm sure he's played there for the dev team before and can certainly cross a ball!! I'm sure he also takes/took a lot of the dev teams set pieces too?
    I expect us to line up similar to the Dundee United game, the only difference being McGinn in for Commons. Hopefully McGeough is fit to play as he is a real loss IMO.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    I expect us to line up similar to the Dundee United game, the only difference being McGinn in for Commons. Hopefully McGeough is fit to play as he is a real loss IMO.
    Yeah I think that is the most likely. I know, Dylan never seems to catch a break, would be great if he was fit for this one as I think his range of passing would be a valuable asset against them. If Bartley is playing I wouldn't mind seeing Martin start beside him either, he'd not be scared to get in their faces!!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Evening news saying mcgeouch and Hanlon are both still out

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3389 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Evening news saying mcgeouch and Hanlon are both still out
    I feel like I'm getting to be a broken record on this, but...

How long is McGeouch's contract? He will always be a legend, a member of that side, but it's getting beyond a joke. To have (arguably) your best player and no.10 available, what, 20% of the time? (That's a guess, prepared to stand corrected) To see him run out only in the odd anomalous fixture from time to time? When big games like tomorrow come around, to more or less assume he can't play?

It's just not sustainable, IMO. I'm literally and genuinely surprised when I see his name on the teamsheet these days. It's a waste of a wage, and it's actually starting to piss me off, if I'm honest.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post

How long is McGeouch's contract? He will always be a legend, a member of that side, but it's getting beyond a joke. To have (arguably) your best player and no.10 available, what, 20% of the time? (That's a guess, prepared to stand corrected) To see him run out only in the odd anomalous fixture from time to time? When big games like tomorrow come around, to more or less assume he can't play?

It's just not sustainable, IMO. I'm literally and genuinely surprised when I see his name on the teamsheet these days. It's a waste of a wage, and it's actually starting to piss me off, if I'm honest.

Just wen and checked he's contracted until the end of next season, but I agree it is a big waste of resources! Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of his injury problems cause when he plays we really do tick a lot better

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post

Just wen and checked he's contracted until the end of next season, but I agree it is a big waste of resources! Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of his injury problems cause when he plays we really do tick a lot better
    Thought he had been diagnosed with a pelvic imbalance? Was said at the time the only thing he could really do is work hard to strengthen the surrounding muscles which is why you see him training with the elastic bands and continually stretching throughout games. Its starting to look like continually rushing him back last season has taken it's toll on him, it's a shame because when he plays well we look like a different team.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post

Are players wages insured (for the club I mean) in the event of injury d'you reckon? Would make it slightly easier to take.
    so what do I know

GoGO Back To Forum