Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and we nearly did them.......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5645 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and we nearly did them.......

Its not often you leave the fitba thinking we won when we didnae, but Hibernian today won the battle, had we scored that elusive goal, we would have beaten the gorgie gash. Not only did we match them, we bettered them. Ok Rocky had a couple of great saves, the gunts did have 10 minutes first half and the same second, other wise it was Hibs, Hibs, all the way.

The Hibernian support were magnificent, it was like a noisy Hibs home game, joined by Liam Henderson deep in the Hibs end. The gunts songbook is reduced to some $#@!e about Europe, some 5 1 squeaks and two songs to the tune of the Auld Orange Flute and the Billy Boys. Hibs on the other hand, sang about Run around Sue and ramming 1902, Earth Wind and Fire’s September about the magnificent Darren McGregor and Boney M’s Daddy Cool in honour of Captain David Gray. That is the difference, we support our team, they obsess about us.

Usual rules apply, I was lucky enough to get a seat in the Guntery with Shrink, remember you guys who seen the game on the box had the benefit of better angles and replays. I was not surprised about today’s line up, Marciano’s great saves underlined his selection and Fontaine’s poor game last week saw him replaced by Forster, which had me worried with his favoured right foot, it showed a little in the game, but not enough to matter. I often suggest Fyvie and Marv cannae play together, it proved true today with Marvin being magnificent and Fraser having a distinctly average game on the right of midfield. Holt up with Cummings was expected, I thought they worked well together and both might have scored.

So we survive to fight another day, we deserved to, we are better than them, we play football, not hoofball, our pitch is far better, theirs is a tattie field. Well played Hibs you deserved that, I feel like we won as I write this, we beat them 0 0 .

The Team

Marciano had a couple of magnificent saves. Isn’t it nice to have two good keepers in teh squad, what a difference.

I thought Captain David had a great game today, a couple of fantastic tackles that hammered the gunt players and he drove on well after sussing their left back was poor. David scored the winner in last years final, he will not let this trophy go lightly.

Darren McGregor played like a good Hibs man should, he took no prisoners, he was immense. He never gives the ball away.

Forster did well, although a couple of times he struggled to get the ball to his better foot. I was a bit surprised he pulled up with what looked like a hamstring pull on the hour.

Lewis Stevenson had a great game today, like captain David, he nailed the gunts often and hard. He got up and down that line well and had an all round smashing game.

Marvin Bartley sat in the hole in front of the back four. Marvin was absolutely magnificent, he played like a man possessed, he clattered, battered, tackled, barged, push, pulled and kicked them. What a performance from the Big Fellae.

Fraser Fyvie had a poor game by his standards, really didnae get his game right until late on in the match. I don’t think he plays as well on the right side of midfield.

SJM drifted in and out of the game, brilliant in bits, losing the ball to often other times. Again I think John is better through the middle driving at teams.

Keats played top of the diamond and had plenty of the ball and worked really hard. His one shot was more like something seen across the road at Murrayfield or off the boot of a gorgie hoofballer.

Holt takes stick, he is not ever going to be to many Hibs fans favourites, however I thought he done a power of work today and noised up their 77 all game, no enough for that freak Gollum right enough. Might have scored both just before halftime and had he been faster onto Jasons great cross second.

Jason got tore in, he loves winding the gunts up, it works. He did make chances and sent over a fine ball for Holt to go close. He will score against them at the holy Ground, I am sure of it.

Subs

Fonts came on for the injured Forster and had a fantastic half hour, well played Fonts.

Graham came on for Holt late in the game and led the line well enough, won a couple of headers.

I though Lenny and Gary set us up well, a to beat the pitch and b to beat them, we almost did, we were the better team and with some luck and more shooting on target we might have all been getting steaming after beating them . I think the management team have enough about them to put the gunts out in ten days time.

I thought the Gorgie Gash were Gorgie Gash. Sorry, they are not very good and the football reminded me of the type of football their ‘real’ manager used to encourage when in charge of them and Scotland.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

Whilst Gollum has had worse games in charge, he refused to talk to the gunt players after they committed foul upon foul, the number 4 fouled all day long and I dont think he seen a card. The foul on Gray at the end by the guy the band name, The Four Tops I think, might have been a straight red from my seat?

Man of the match for me was Marvin Bartley, he was brilliant. So was Darren, Captain David and Lewis, but Marv was simply a joy to watch as he clattered into the bloodied turds.

Next up, Raith, we had 3200 plus fans at the Guntery today, lets see at least that in Fife next week as we look to seal the league up.

Well played Hibernian, well supported Hibernians, very proud of you today.

We are Hibernian FC.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was lucky enough to attend the game also, would agree that Bartley was easily my MotM. I think both of our full backs had terrific games to keep the gunts most dangerous players quiet. I'm critical of Holt most weeks but thought he was very very good today, put himself about and but for a lack of pace could have had a goal or two.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1831 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hearts are $#@!e, offered very little.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    gunts are $#@!, really $#@!.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great write-up as ever, agree with pretty much all of it. It was a really solid performance and only Fraser Fyvie's off day and the way they dealt with McGinn were minor concerns.

I think you're dead right about Jase at ER. Brace I reckon in a 3-0 doing.
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Watching the match today Thommo's words in the Time For Heroes DVD came back to me. 'If it was a football match we'd beat them, it it was a battle we'd beat them'

Alright we didn't get the win in the end today but I think we won our individual battles hands down.

Credit to Lennon for picking the right side today..made a few crucial selections and got it right imo.

Replay will be a nerve shredder..you have to fancy Jase will get himself on the score sheet..I'd love to see if us rip them a new arsehole but I expect it to be another close affair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Had the benefit of telly and it was a fantastic, committed performance on a hellish pitch. That said, we cannae take the moral high ground on hoofball this time - we played very direct, according to the conditions, and hoofed as much as them. We'll do them at ER though.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report as always Mark !
    Felt crap today so didnae make it to the game ! Watched it on the tellybox tho 👍🏻
    Cannae argue with any of that !
    Well finish the job doon ER way 😎

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5645 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Felt crap today so didnae make it to the game ! Watched it on the tellybox tho 👍🏻
    Aye, I heard, hope you are feeling better.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Norwegian Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    vCash
    One of the best moments for me was when Darren absolutely poleaxed a gunt, fcukin brilliant

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs, Hibs, wooooooaaahhhh Hibs, Hibs
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    Aarrggh! What did you do with your ticket?
    GGTTH

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6661 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the match report @1875. I had the benefit of the telly and replays etc but agree with all of your report with the possible exception that I thought the ref did ok in not brandishing cards around otherwise the game could have been 7 a side as both teams piled in to tackles. Thoroughly enjoyed it with the Hibs support continuously drowning the mute mutants out. Bartman was a joy to behold and was easily man of the match.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    vCash
    Very accurate report based on what I witnessed on TV.

Bartley was outstanding.

Some magnificent tackling and a couple of braw saves if the keeper.

What a difference playing them wi someone in goals

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)
    vCash
    One point - on the telly box Fyvie looked like he was everywhere - industrious and hard tackling - bossed his side of midfield and covering occasionally for Marv too.

The colour totally drained out of Cowie after Darren clattered him. Some sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    Take a bow Big Marv. 1 thing if you can mins M. Why did he get booked?. Seen McGinns foul and booking but Marv got booked at the same time, never seen why.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5645 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    One point - on the telly box Fyvie looked like he was everywhere - industrious and hard tackling - bossed his side of midfield and covering occasionally for Marv too.

The colour totally drained out of Cowie after Darren clattered him. Some sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dinnae get me wrong, Fraser is on every Hibs team sheet I would write, I just felt he was neither one or tother today, too far off his man for me. Given I spent most of the second half jigging and singing along to 'Ram Yur 1902', I am happy that Fraser looked decent to others, my kind of fitba player (although he can improve his passing).

On the jigging I walked back to the car with my sons and my pals South West Hibby and his son Nathan, me and Southy were both strangely chuffed by the result/ performance whilst equally aching due to the excessive jumping about to the Whappadoobydoo Hibs 1902 song. My knee and hip are still clicking in time three hours later!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    Aarrggh! What did you do with your ticket?
    Poor Calzone was really unwell when he came to mine for pre-derby breakfast. Still alert enough to make sure his ticket went to a fellow Hibee

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn07 View Post
    Poor Calzone was really unwell when he came to mine for pre-derby breakfast. Still alert enough to make sure his ticket went to a fellow Hibee
    Good-oh. I wasn't being entirely serious, btw. Hope you're better soon Calzone.

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Dinnae get me wrong, Fraser is on every Hibs team sheet I would write, I just felt he was neither one or tother today, too far off his man for me. Given I spent most of the second half jigging and singing along to 'Ram Yur 1902', I am happy that Fraser looked decent to others, my kind of fitba player (although he can improve his passing).

On the jigging I walked back to the car with my sons and my pals South West Hibby and his son Nathan, me and Southy were both strangely chuffed by the result/ performance whilst equally aching due to the excessive jumping about to the Whappadoobydoo Hibs 1902 song. My knee and hip are still clicking in time three hours later!
    I thought he was our poorest player today.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    WP_20170212_13_30_32_Pro [566758] (3).jpg

This is NOT a Flag.

dbtgallery.jpg
    This is a flag........Great report Mark.

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Fyvie did what we needed from him. Putting himself about and stopping them from dominating the midfield. He wasn't up to much on the ball but I don't expect much from him football wise.

McGinn on the other hand I'd expect more from with the ball. Drive at the opposition, get us up the park and getting balls into the box. He didn't do much of that really and was a bit of a disappointment although he also put in a shift.

Keatings worked hard but did very little in the areas we needed him to.

If those two had better games we'd have won the game but I'm happy with a draw.

We'll need to perform for the whole 90 minutes at ER to get a result. The 2nd half in last years replay win isn't talked about much but we were abysmal with the midfield performance one of the worst I have seen in recent years in possession of the ball. A decent pitch will definitely help us but the personnel will be roughly the same - unless we get that emergency loan with our new found (replay) wealth - so we cant afford any passengers and I would definitely look at a change from today's team.

16/2/2016
    Oxley

Gray
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Bartley
    Henderson
    (Substituted for
    Boyle)
    Thomson
    (Substituted for
    Carmichael)
    McGinn

Stokes
    (Substituted for
    Keatings)
    Cummings

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    vCash
    Big Daz

Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    A dour game that lacked any real quality, typical Derby in a lot of ways. I thought we were the better team but Hearts had the better chances.

Some really good performances on a dreadful pitch. Stand outs for me were Marciano and the back four, Bartley and Holt.

The replay at ER will be similar I feel but we should go into it confident.

Three points at Raith are the only thing that matters just now though.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report. Away end was bouncing. Thought bit harsh on Fyvie though. Thought he did well defensively and put himself about. Mibbe no great going forward. We'll do them back at Easter Road.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1831 Post(s)
    vCash
    good to see us playing in green shirts away from home

first time this season I think

should probably have tucked them away today but a big game to look forward to week on wednesday..
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    So I was wrong thought we would struggle and we didn't, they are $#@!. I've seen better farmland than that pitch, surely the SFA should at least have a word and say that's not acceptable, now onto a real pitch, we can do this, Mon the Hibs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4426 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought McGinn was OK, hard to be anything more when you've got a minimum 2, usually 3 deviants chopping away at you.

Fyvie eventually got into the game, but he's no wide player.Lacks the pace imo.

Get them back to ER, maybe replace Keatings with Boyle use the width a proper football pitch and stadium allows and do them.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Take a bow Big Marv. 1 thing if you can mins M. Why did he get booked?. Seen McGinns foul and booking but Marv got booked at the same time, never seen why.
    Anyone?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    So I was wrong thought we would struggle and we didn't, they are $#@!. I've seen better farmland than that pitch, surely the SFA should at least have a word and say that's not acceptable, now onto a real pitch, we can do this, Mon the Hibs.
    Someone should also have a word about supporters with tickets either being let in 10 at a time or not at all.
    Its 2017 FFS not the 1950s . About time something was done about that $#@!ehole rather than spending on players

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    He didn't, Sky made a mistake. Thought he'd been booked when it was in fact McGinn.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    He didn't, Sky made a mistake. Thought he'd been booked when it was in fact McGinn.
    Ahh I did wonder. Cheers for that.

GoGO Back To Forum