Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was pretty poor

Err came, they scored, they nicked a point. We allowed it with a pathetic first half showing, a poor team set up and a lack lustre performance from some of our better players led to finishing a poor week in our clubs history.
    We were awful first half, lots of possession but was pedestrian. Pissing about disnae work, it disnae impress. The two winger idea didnae work, frankly Humphrey didnae work as an idea and he did nowt but pass it back, McGinn and Fyvie were a shadow of their normal selves, Fontaine was rotten, a bombscare who, along with the keeper were at fault for Err’s only shot on target going in. Shinnie took a bit of stick, but other than being a jessie, he actually looked like he had a bit of craft about him. I excuse Keats, that cannae of been easy getting no service. Err were tough and wee bitty dirty, with the exception of Darren and Lewis, we weren’t.

14,000 Hibs fans and 300 Err fans watched a poor game, although I don’t think Err sat in as much as some other teams, they had a good game plan, one that pissed Hibs fans right off, but it worked. We resorted to 5 strikers on the pitch to grab a point.

The Team

Laidlaw annoyed me today a bit, his distribution was poor, all too often he game it to Lewis or Liam, who pissed about with it and or lost it. He was poor at the goal, that was a save able tap in.

Gray done very little first half, we took the hapless Humphrey off and Gray had an excellent second half. Might have scored a couple.

Darren McGregor was a bit edgy early first half, but went on to have a very good game. Hard as Nails.

Fontaine scares me, he has become a liability. For a centre half, he simply cannae heed a ball and his defending is piss poor. Nice we touch on occasion though. Not good enough.

Lewis Stevenson is up and down that line all game, we know his final ball is poor, its a pity as gets himself into positions and is solid in the challenge.

SGM had as quiet, nervous and pretty poor game as I have seen him in a Hibernian shirt. Lets hope John is saving ‘super’ for the Charity Bumpers next week.

Fraser Fyvie is a key to how Hibernian play. He was poor today, so were Hibs, that tells us everything you need to know. Stevie Wonders Guide Dug gave him the man of the match.

As I said above, Shinnie took some criticism from the stand, unfairly Ithink. He was the most creative of our midfielders and if he grew a pair of rab haws and stopped being a jessie, he would be an important player in our team.

Humphrey was rotten, I think he might just be a dud, prove me wrong, act like Mr Humphrey, no Mrs Slocombes pussy.

Boyle drifted in and out the game. He was decent when given a ball down the left on his ‘wrong ‘ foot, he was missing on the right when they switched, regularly.

Keats had the horrible role for waiting for service from his two wingers, it wisnae happening. He also waited for service from a midfield that on paper looks the biz, he got nowt. Keep going Keats, you are the best dead ball man in the team.

The Subs

Holt came on for the useless Humphrey at half time. I am no his biggest fan, decent guy but past it for me, but today he was good, the two best passes of the game, involved in the goal and unlucky not to have scored with his header at the end. I think he is one to change a game as a sub.

Cummings replaced Shinnie on the hour and scored the goal. Normally I might moan he should start but Keatings deserves his place. Jase does what he does best and scores goals.

Graham come on for Boyle and done nowt.

I think the management team got it wrong today, I even read about us playing with wingers before the game. Ian McCall may have played for the Huns and should be considered a dafty for that, he isnae. He worked us out and Lenny and Gaz the Portly took too long to change it, although the changes got us a point. Too much team tinkering for me. Must do better, even though I expect you are as pissed of a the administration at Hibs as I am.

Crawford Allan was piss poor, he should have been at Murrayfield with all the other Crawford’s, Findlays, Campbells and other sports fans with names that are back tae front.

Err, the moment I saw you, I swerr. Its one of those teams I cannae warm to, I like Paul Cairney, I have been in Ian McCall’s company in Dnipro, he is alright but as a club I cannae stand them for nae apparent reason. They gave us a game today and deserved their point, well done, fitba with a bit of bite.

Positives, renewed my membership of St Patricks, my oldest moving up to the adult St Pats membership, earning his first free ten pound token at the Hibs Club bar, as Big G said today, where did the time go and a pint of Guinness for me and Big G please. I also had a blether with Baldy Foghorn from the darkside, we have more in common than we don’t and there a good Hibby’s out there who look after their own. You know who you are.

Man of the Match was not Fraser Fyvie, sorry. It was Darren McGregor who was Hibernian’s best player by a country mile. Hard as Nails.

Next week its the establishment club against the peoples club. The Ginger Bairn who manages the club who couldnae pay their paper bill or charities owed, will have his Championship Manager upgrade on his laptop as his assistant Granny McPhee does his best impression of Graham Rix against the Hibs masterminds Lennon and Parker. I ken who I would back in a bar brawl or a game of chess. Lets burst their plooks, give that trampy looking fud McPhee a $#@!ing hosing and ram that laptop right up the gorgie gonads. The pitch will make the game, that tattie field disnae suit us, I hear it disnae suit them, lets play them off it Hibernian.

$#@! the Hearts.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    @1875 " prove me wrong, act like Mr Humphrey, no Mrs Slocombes pussy".

This made me laugh out loud in an otherwise depressing, but honest, read. Worthy of quoting Mr 1875.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with most of it! Shinnie Just doesn't do it for me, pisses about with the ball, passes back andis shot shy. Don't think we deserved a point today but we got one. We had a bad day at the office but we are still 6 points clear with a better goal difference by 13, 2 weeks ago when we were in this place we were delighted. Looking forward to next week now but also looking forward to getting it out the way as it's just a distraction and felt that too many players had one eye on next week instead of the game infront of them today.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    What a difference a week can make as a Hibbty. Last week I was baying for gunt blood, seven days on l've been stiffed by a ticket scam like others, the gunts are suddenly bashing them in, and Hibs once again look like they don't know how to score goals.

Holt is a mystery who makes the team better by being in it, while it not always being clear how he does it. It was clear today. Him and Jason made all the difference but that was a depressing performance. This league is far from done yet, I hope we don't miss commons match winning contribution too much. Humphreys needs to show what he did against Dundee united again soon as that was the difference which has now gone again.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought fyvie was fine today.

Mcginn wasn't great first half but improved second half with some good passes coming in and he was getting past players.
    Thought Stevenson played well and is crossing was a bit better than usual.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    vCash
    We drew. We looked like drawing another two games until Kris Commons scored a couple of winners. But the club decided that penny pinching was more important than confirming promotion this season and didn't bother their arse bringing anyone else in before the deadline.

As for Lennon starting our top scorer on the bench. Unbelievable. This is a guy we're trusting to win at Tynecastle? God help us.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1824 Post(s)
    vCash
    Shinnie and Humphrey absolutely brutal..

Hanlon a big miss

ground out a good win away to QOS last week with Holt and Cummings up front although neither were great, very odd to drop both today especially JC.

could do with Dylan playing some games another big miss.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bit unfair on humphries as they doubled up on him but he didn't fancy it and Cummings should have started.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I awoke this morning ready for action, so off I went to walk my dug "Reilly" as we proceeded in the distance I was sure I could hear the pipes , to much medication I thought but no!!! . There was a lone piper practising in the woods it was kinda nice, so I took a seat and listened tae Highland cathedral , the squirrels (RED) dancing in the trees , the snaw peaked mountains in the background , sometimes living in the hills is truly a joy.
    Anyway rushed home , corn beef rolls in hand and up the A701 with a spring in my step with south west jnr listening tae something called modern music.
    Onto the game I hear you cry !!! A very poor performance indeed , far too many players well below par. Anyway 1875 kinda says it all really.
    However I'm going to be a little controversial with my MOM , Today I'm going for Lewis , some of the balls he put into the box second half where peaches just a pity, we cannie heid a baw or time our runs better. Hes had a lean time of late , much improved last week as well , so for never giving up tonight I think he deserves a wee mention.
    Our centre half pairing has suffered with the loss of Paul , Fontaine doesn't quite do it for me at times either. Laidlaw should of done better at the goal but getting caught 4 against 3 at the back didn't help either.
    oh well its naw been a good week all over , but I'm sure there are brighter times ahead , lets just hope that starts next week......

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit unfair on humphries as they doubled up on him but he didn't fancy it and Cummings should have started.
    Doesn't excuse his laziness. He showed no desire whatsoever.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Doesn't excuse his laziness. He showed no desire whatsoever.
    That was almost poetic, I thought he was $#@!e myself.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    That was almost poetic, I thought he was $#@!e myself.
    Hope to $#@! I'm wrong but we've signed a dud mate. Players can have nightmares but still try like $#@!. He didnae. And was justifiably hooked at HT.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2484 Post(s)
    vCash
    We paid the price for an utterly shambolic first half performance in which McCall completely outdone his counterpart tactically and too many Hibs players suffered from my old bugbear complacency and also a lack of focus on the job in hand. McCall had sussed out what Hibs were going to do and set out to stop us playing doubling up on our two wingers and closing down our creative ball players. Too many Hibs players simply did not have the appetite for the game especially in a dreadful first half in which we lost the crucial first goal through some appalling defending and goalkeeping. Why Lennon thought that James Keatings could play as a lone striker is anyone's guess. I like Keatings but he cannot play with his back to goal. McGinn looked like he was still trying to get back to proper match fitness and was not as good as usual. Hanlon is a big miss at the back.

It was only when Holt and Cummings were introduced that we caused Ayr any genuine problems at all in the last third, and I thought Holt was unlucky not to score. His lack of goals is a well merited criticism of him, but the guy knows how to use the ball and set up others. Shinnie is too lightweight for me and is too slow in thought and easily brushed off the ball. He doesn't protect the ball very well and I get the impression he doesn't like the rough and tumble of the game in this league.

I don't like Ian McCall much as a person, but he definitely got the better of Lennon today. With United winning we are now down to six points in front, so if anything that should focus minds more at the club with the coaches, playing staff and indeed the supporters. As I said during the week we have not got this league won yet by a long way, so no matter what the result is at Tynecastle next Sunday, the club must focus all of our energy thereafter on getting back to winning ways in the Championship and getting this league won as soon as possible. Todays game was for me much more important than the cup-tie next Sunday...however the players owe the fans a decent defence of our trophy next week-end.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Hope to $#@! I'm wrong but we've signed a dud mate. Players can have nightmares but still try like $#@!. He didnae. And was justifiably hooked at HT.
    I think you are right mate.
    nil satis nisi optimum

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1630 Post(s)
    vCash
    Not to beat second bottom Ayr United, in this crappy League, over two games at Easter Road, speaks volumes.

The irony of course is that we will do the Merricks next week......0-3 probably.

GGTTH

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I think you are right mate.
    Poor yes but did well against Utd and people raved about what a signing he was. I'll give him more time before calling him a rowan vine!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Poor yes but did well against Utd and people raved about what a signing he was. I'll give him more time before calling him a rowan vine!
    You are probably right to do that, I dinnae like players who like they are no trying.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Don't think we deserved a point today but we got one.
    We were without doubt the superior team, creating the most chances and dominating possession. We weren't as good as we have been, but at the absolute minimum, we deserved a point.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2071 Post(s)
    vCash
    Stupid decision to drop JC again. It is as plain as the nose on yer face that Lennon just does not like the lad. Even though it's Jason that pulls him out the $#@!e time and time again. It's the wee petty things to rub his nose in it even more that get me, like even though he benched him (stop it FFS) when the subs were sent out for a stretch first half, it was the midfielders first...then Holt & Graham together...then about 5 mins later he sends out JC on his own. What the $#@! is that aw aboot?

As for the game...pish poor! I said to my mate just after we equalised that I'd take a point outa this and he replied "$#@! that I want all 3." No chance. When you start the game with 2 wingers and Keatings playing the lone role and finish with yer full backs playing as wingers with 5 forwards on to try and salvage it...which we did thanks to a fine header from our benched 15 goal striker, also we were up against an Ayr keeper who had a magnificent game. MOTM in fact. Just be glad of the point. As for Hibs, I thought both Gray and Lewie provided our width 2nd half excellently, McGregor was his usual rock solid self and Holt really got tore in when he came on.

We wont play that badly next week, we just wont. Will he drop JC again? The guy who has scored 4 in 7 against them. The guy who utterly relishes playing against them. Will he $#@!! He cant be that stupid can he?

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Not to beat second bottom Ayr United, in this crappy League, over two games at Easter Road, speaks volumes.

The irony of course is that we will do the Merricks next week......0-3 probably.

GGTTH

BIG G
    Good tae see yi today big guy👍
    Humphries looked like he didnae ken what he was supposed to be daein. His only contribution was covering at corners. No sure about starting with 2 wide men and sticking one of the wee'est players we have in the middle. Fwiw I think we will do them next week. We tend tae play better against better opposition, the gunts compared tae some of the $#@!e in this league come into that category.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    We were without doubt the superior team, creating the most chances and dominating possession. We weren't as good as we have been, but at the absolute minimum, we deserved a point.
    I meant more that our performance was that bad we didn't deserve it, yes we were the superior team etc but we were playing ayr united at home we would have massive problems if we weren't the better team! Just growing expectations I supose. Either way we got a point yesterday when I felt for a very long period of time we were going to get nothing! Still 6 points clear which a month ago we would've been delighted with if said we'd be in this situation now

Rock n' Roll Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Hibs were very poor today:

Laidlaw was at fault for the goal
    Gray was decent, probably our best player
    McGregor was at fault for the goal
    Fontaine is a bomb scare
    Stevenson was ok
    Fyvie was ok
    McGinn was ok
    Humphrey was anonymous
    Shinnie tried to make things happen
    Boyle wasn't great
    Keatings tried to make thing happen (in the second half)

Holt made an impact
    Cummings made an impact, not sure why he didn't start?
    Graham didn't make an impact
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    I thought Hibs were very poor today:Laidlaw was at fault for the goalGray was decent, probably our best playerMcGregor was at fault for the goalFontaine is a bomb scare Stevenson was okFyvie was okMcGinn was ok tHumphrey was anonymous Shinnie tried to make things happen Boyle wasn't great Keatings tried to make thing happen (in the second half)Holt made an impactCummings made an impact, not sure why he didn't start?Graham didn't make an impact
    Think we all have selective amnesia, Stevenson Gave away possession which led up to the goal but nothing said about it.
    "history is the foundation upon which the future is built"

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eckmf View Post
    Think we all have selective amnesia, Stevenson Gave away possession which led up to the goal but nothing said about it.
    Harsh.

There were numerous chances to regain possession but the boy was allowed to dance his way through a tackle-shy defence.

The goalkeeper had a howler too and should have stopped it.

Taking it back to where Stevenson lost possession is a bit desperate I think.

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)
    vCash
    I wasn't there as I'm doing a six day week just now but even more than Jason, I was surprised not to see Marvin starting. He's made for these games where we need to stamp our authority especially when our defence is weakened through the absence of Hanlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    vCash
    Couldn't make it at the weekend, usual reason, spoke with my auld man and daughter and they agree with the comments that have been said, thanks again for a great "just back", always good reading. Although it pisses me off the stupid points that we drop throughout a season, we are a country mile better than most the teams we play, but for how many years have we been saying that eh!

Onward to next weekend, wont be there (as above) but looking forward to it.

$#@! the Hearts.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Harsh.

There were numerous chances to regain possession but the boy was allowed to dance his way through a tackle-shy defence.

The goalkeeper had a howler too and should have stopped it.

Taking it back to where Stevenson lost possession is a bit desperate I think.
    They're goal was a series of defensive mistakes. Should've been easily avoidable but it pretty much summed up how we started the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eckmf View Post
    Players will misplace passes throughout a game but it's what they do after that's important. It was a series of mistakes and not 1 player can be blamed.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was good to see more flags making a reappearance in the south upper on Saturday

GoGO Back To Forum