Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 91 of 91

Thread: Hustings tomorrow night new details

  1. #51
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi everyone,

    Just a quick reminder that the voting opens tomorrow to select the next two reps.

    Voting is open from Monday 6 February to Monday 6 March.

    You can vote online, or you’ll be able to vote at home games during this period (we have games against Dunfermline on Saturday 25 Feb, and Morton on Saturday 4 March).

    As long as you have a client reference number you’ll be eligible to vote, and you can each vote for two candidates. The ticket office can help if you aren’t sure what your client reference is.

    If anyone had any more questions they wanted to ask, more than happy to take these on here, or have a chat at the games.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  2. #52
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    With Pat having now pulled out I think that Frank deserves to retain his place. So it's Frank and Charlene for me. I get the impression Charlene will represent the fans vocally and not shy from saying what needs said. For example on the loyalty points.

    I'd urge Charlene though to give more commitment on that point?

  3. #53
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Pat having now pulled out I think that Frank deserves to retain his place. So it's Frank and Charlene for me. I get the impression Charlene will represent the fans vocally and not shy from saying what needs said. For example on the loyalty points.

    I'd urge Charlene though to give more commitment on that point?
    Hi Smurf,

    Yeah, I can commit to that - but I think my approach to the role will also help.

    I've said that before board meetings I'll sharing my preparation with fans, highlighting which issues have been topical, and what the supporters view(s) is/ are. I've also said I'll be working to ensure fans get something after the meeting - I've suggested debriefs from me, and that I'll push to get some form of minutes on the club website. This is how you'll be able to hold me to account in the role.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  4. #54
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1573 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    662
    I'm loathe to say this but I think the roles are largely pointless given the authoritarian direction of our club.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm loathe to say this but I think the roles are largely pointless given the authoritarian direction of our club.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My thoughts too I'm afraid.

  6. #56
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1573 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My thoughts too I'm afraid.
    The loyalty point debacle couldn't have come at a worse time. Leeann has chosen a direction on this which is wrong by my perception. Will any of the candidates stand up to Leeann? Well Frank Dougan clearly has to zero effect. Amit chose not to. I'm not convinced by the statements that any of the candidates have anything to offer on this BUT I genuinely feel Charlene and Tracey would like to. I just don't think they can do anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loyalty point debacle couldn't have come at a worse time. Leeann has chosen a direction on this which is wrong by my perception. Will any of the candidates stand up to Leeann? Well Frank Dougan clearly has to zero effect. Amit chose not to. I'm not convinced by the statements that any of the candidates have anything to offer on this BUT I genuinely feel Charlene and Tracey would like to. I just don't think they can do anything.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yip. I don't think any of the nominees will have much luck on that score if they're successful.

  8. #58
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Can't say I'm a fan of the concept, so maybe I shouldn't vote - or even comment.

    But...........

    After initially favouring Chazza, I'm afraid the link with Hibs Retro and her defence of it 'over there' leads me to think 'no ta'.

    Perhaps the fact that I'm NOT championing Chazza will make folk think "If HE isn't voting for her, then that's a good reason to give her a vote" so in that respect I feel I'm reaching out to everyone in a fair way.

    No, I don't think that makes much sense either. Maybe I should have chucked my hat in the ring too.

    It's a good hat actually, Proccie recommended it to me.

  9. #59
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I'm a fan of the concept, so maybe I shouldn't vote - or even comment.

    But...........

    After initially favouring Chazza, I'm afraid the link with Hibs Retro and her defence of it 'over there' leads me to think 'no ta'.

    Perhaps the fact that I'm NOT championing Chazza will make folk think "If HE isn't voting for her, then that's a good reason to give her a vote" so in that respect I feel I'm reaching out to everyone in a fair way.

    No, I don't think that makes much sense either. Maybe I should have chucked my hat in the ring too.

    It's a good hat actually, Proccie recommended it to me.
    Hi Sir Shrink,

    I quite like my hat - although won't be tossing it anywhere as it has a 100% record (21 May 2016)



    On the Hibs Retro point, I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere just to clarify what this 'link' is.

    After being announced as one of the candidates for the fans rep positions, HR kindly offered to endorse me (they also endorsed Pat Stanton). From my PoV, as my whole campaign has been about reaching out to all areas of the Hibs support, this was undoubtedly a positive - they have 16,500 followers on Facebook after all, and I was able to have a Q and A with fans there yesterday. For the same reasons, I was happy when Hibs News 1875, a twitter account, offered me an endorsement yesterday. Other fan groups/ social media channels have endorsed other candidates as well.

    There has been some negativity on Hibs.net about Hibs Retro, and one or two people have mentioned an alleged commercial issue. Now, I don't really have much to say on this as I don't know about it - I've not been privy to any club discussions obviously, and I haven't been involved with Hibs Retro. My suspicion is that, were there a commercial issue, the club and or Nike lawyers would have been all over it. That being said, should I be selected as a fans rep, and if fans feel this is an issue I'd of course represent these views to the board, as I would with any other issue.

    You haven't said what in particular concerns you about this 'link' - but I'd be happy to answer any questions you or others have.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  10. #60
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Sir Shrink,I quite like my hat - although won't be tossing it anywhere as it has a 100% record (21 May 2016)On the Hibs Retro point, I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere just to clarify what this 'link' is.After being announced as one of the candidates for the fans rep positions, HR kindly offered to endorse me (they also endorsed Pat Stanton). From my PoV, as my whole campaign has been about reaching out to all areas of the Hibs support, this was undoubtedly a positive - they have 16,500 followers on Facebook after all, and I was able to have a Q and A with fans there yesterday. For the same reasons, I was happy when Hibs News 1875, a twitter account, offered me an endorsement yesterday. Other fan groups/ social media channels have endorsed other candidates as well.There has been some negativity on Hibs.net about Hibs Retro, and one or two people have mentioned an alleged commercial issue. Now, I don't really have much to say on this as I don't know about it - I've not been privy to any club discussions obviously, and I haven't been involved with Hibs Retro. My suspicion is that, were there a commercial issue, the club and or Nike lawyers would have been all over it. That being said, should I be selected as a fans rep, and if fans feel this is an issue I'd of course represent these views to the board, as I would with any other issue.You haven't said what in particular concerns you about this 'link' - but I'd be happy to answer any questions you or others have.Cheers,Charlene
    Normal suspect on taliban you are a threat to the status quo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loyalty point debacle couldn't have come at a worse time. Leeann has chosen a direction on this which is wrong by my perception. Will any of the candidates stand up to Leeann? Well Frank Dougan clearly has to zero effect. Amit chose not to. I'm not convinced by the statements that any of the candidates have anything to offer on this BUT I genuinely feel Charlene and Tracey would like to. I just don't think they can do anything.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on @Amit and @frank have been asked simple questions on twitter. Radio silence. But frank happy to retweet when a fan says he's voting for him

  11. #61
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Sir Shrink,

    I quite like my hat - although won't be tossing it anywhere as it has a 100% record (21 May 2016)



    On the Hibs Retro point, I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere just to clarify what this 'link' is.

    After being announced as one of the candidates for the fans rep positions, HR kindly offered to endorse me (they also endorsed Pat Stanton). From my PoV, as my whole campaign has been about reaching out to all areas of the Hibs support, this was undoubtedly a positive - they have 16,500 followers on Facebook after all, and I was able to have a Q and A with fans there yesterday. For the same reasons, I was happy when Hibs News 1875, a twitter account, offered me an endorsement yesterday. Other fan groups/ social media channels have endorsed other candidates as well.

    There has been some negativity on Hibs.net about Hibs Retro, and one or two people have mentioned an alleged commercial issue. Now, I don't really have much to say on this as I don't know about it - I've not been privy to any club discussions obviously, and I haven't been involved with Hibs Retro. My suspicion is that, were there a commercial issue, the club and or Nike lawyers would have been all over it. That being said, should I be selected as a fans rep, and if fans feel this is an issue I'd of course represent these views to the board, as I would with any other issue.

    You haven't said what in particular concerns you about this 'link' - but I'd be happy to answer any questions you or others have.

    Cheers,

    Charlene


    That's a very nice hat Chazza. Did you buy it from Retro or was it a freebie?



    Only kidding.


    I’m not really having a go Chazza, like I said earlier I thought you were one of the frontrunners for the gig initially. But if you want me to be more specific about my concerns on the ‘link’ to Retro Hibs then I will.
    Unlike the Bounce, Hibs.net, and various faceboak pages run by and for Hibs fans, Hibs Retro is a commercial concern run by a bloke to make money. By all accounts he pays little heed to normal courtesies like copyright. In short, ‘he’ is not a Hibs fans site as I’d describe it, he just makes money from flogging unofficial Hibs gear.
    If the Bounce, or .net, promoted a candidate then that person would be broadly regarded as ‘The Bounce Rep or The Hibs.net Rep’ and would be expected (or assumed by others!) to return that loyalty and support by putting the views of their backer to the fore; that really goes without saying, but I’ve said it anyway.
    Do you see where I’m going with this?
    From where I sit, it looks like you are happy to have that same relationship with a bloke some may regard as a bit iffy in terms of his relationship with the club. Hibs Retro is simply a business trying (weakly) to disguise itself as a fans site.
    Now, you’re a clever young woman and I’m sure you knew all about Hibs Retro despite what you posted earlier. You are au fait with all this tinternet stuff that we oldies struggle with so it seems that you thought it appropriate to enter into the arrangement knowing full well who you were dealing with and the implications thereof.
    It’s simply NOT a Hibs fans group. I hope you have a very very long spoon if you want to sup with Hibs Retro.
    Now it could be that I’m completely wrong about you, and you were blissfully unaware of what Hibs Retro is, and what looks like a ‘gather votes any way I can’ strategy is not the case at all. But I’d be astonished if that was the case.
    So, my questions are as follows:

    1) Did you know Retro sells stuff for personal gain without a penny going to Hibs and that it is NOT a Hibs fan site run by and for Hibs fans?
    2) Did it cross your mind at all that Retro (being a moneymaking enterprise) would expect some sort of quid pro quo arrangement when he ‘reached out to you and kindly offered to endorse you’?

    Kind Regards

    S

  12. #62
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a very nice hat Chazza. Did you buy it from Retro or was it a freebie?



    Only kidding.


    I’m not really having a go Chazza, like I said earlier I thought you were one of the frontrunners for the gig initially. But if you want me to be more specific about my concerns on the ‘link’ to Retro Hibs then I will.
    Unlike the Bounce, Hibs.net, and various faceboak pages run by and for Hibs fans, Hibs Retro is a commercial concern run by a bloke to make money. By all accounts he pays little heed to normal courtesies like copyright. In short, ‘he’ is not a Hibs fans site as I’d describe it, he just makes money from flogging unofficial Hibs gear.
    If the Bounce, or .net, promoted a candidate then that person would be broadly regarded as ‘The Bounce Rep or The Hibs.net Rep’ and would be expected (or assumed by others!) to return that loyalty and support by putting the views of their backer to the fore; that really goes without saying, but I’ve said it anyway.
    Do you see where I’m going with this?
    From where I sit, it looks like you are happy to have that same relationship with a bloke some may regard as a bit iffy in terms of his relationship with the club. Hibs Retro is simply a business trying (weakly) to disguise itself as a fans site.
    Now, you’re a clever young woman and I’m sure you knew all about Hibs Retro despite what you posted earlier. You are au fait with all this tinternet stuff that we oldies struggle with so it seems that you thought it appropriate to enter into the arrangement knowing full well who you were dealing with and the implications thereof.
    It’s simply NOT a Hibs fans group. I hope you have a very very long spoon if you want to sup with Hibs Retro.
    Now it could be that I’m completely wrong about you, and you were blissfully unaware of what Hibs Retro is, and what looks like a ‘gather votes any way I can’ strategy is not the case at all. But I’d be astonished if that was the case.
    So, my questions are as follows:

    1) Did you know Retro sells stuff for personal gain without a penny going to Hibs and that it is NOT a Hibs fan site run by and for Hibs fans?
    2) Did it cross your mind at all that Retro (being a moneymaking enterprise) would expect some sort of quid pro quo arrangement when he ‘reached out to you and kindly offered to endorse you’?

    Kind Regards

    S

    what do Hibs Retro sell?
    until the sky turns green

  13. #63
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what do Hibs Retro sell?
    Pictures, memorabilia etc.

  14. #64
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what do Hibs Retro sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pictures, memorabilia etc.
    Which normally belong to other folk with no regard for copyright laws.

    Oh and Pat Stanton signed photos.

  15. #65
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, my questions are as follows:1) Did you know Retro sells stuff for personal gain without a penny going to Hibs and that it is NOT a Hibs fan site run by and for Hibs fans?2) Did it cross your mind at all that Retro (being a moneymaking enterprise) would expect some sort of quid pro quo arrangement when he ‘reached out to you and kindly offered to endorse you’?Kind RegardsS
    Thanks for these questions.1) I was aware they sold things, but as Ihave already said I did not have any prior contact with them, and still do not have a detailed knowledge of how they operate. You say they aren't a fan groups, and I am not saying they are the same as a forum, but who do you think buys Hibs merchandise, official or unofficial? There are still thousands of fans who can be reached through that Facebook page, so I disagree with your assertion that it's not for fans. I have never said it was run by fans, so not sure why you seem to refute that.2) I have enough experience to know that there is rarely such a thing as a free meal. I can tell you again that no quid pro quo has been asked for, offered or agreed to, but that's just words. This is a concern about undue influence of any person or group over a prospective fans rep. I have said (time and time again) that my key promise is to reach out and engage with as many fans as possible, as I feel we as a club do not do enough of that. I've also said that through sharing my preparation online ahead of board meetings and welcoming comments, fans can see what I am raising, and object if this doesn't seem like a fair representation. Finally, I've suggested two ways I can do more to give fans updates after board meetings, which is again an opportunity to scrutinise my work and hold me to account. So, I'm sure that whoever is successful and selected will get some opinions which do not reflect the fan base as a whole, but I've clearly set out how my approach will mean I'm transparent in which interests I'm representing - those of all fans.Cheers,Charlene

  16. #66
    Scottish no british, ya radge


    Desperate Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167
    Have to say I agree with @Sir Shrink on this. There are plenty fans forums, facebook, twitter pages without engaging with that one. After all that has been said both on this site and the other one about that particular enterprise I cannae help but have my suspicions about why anybody standing for this position within the club would refuse tae disassociate themselves with it. I'm no saying there is anything else in it and it's neither here nor there tae me if there is. The fact that you continue tae court it just for the purpose of winning votes despite everything you have been told is enough for me. Vote loser for me.

    For me personally anyway, I dinnae particularly think this fans rep idea has worked out how I would have envisaged or wanted it, basically we've just ended up with another two directors on the board and little else. IMO Frank and Amit may as well keep the positions as they now have the experience so if I even bother tae vote, they'll get it.
    Last edited by Desperate Dan; 06-02-17 at 19:05.

  17. #67
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to say I agree with @Sir Shrink on this. There are plenty fans forums, facebook, twitter pages without engaging with that one. After all that has been said both on this site and the other one about that particular enterprise I cannae help but have my suspicions about why anybody standing for this position within the club would refuse tae disassociate themselves with it. I'm no saying there is anything else in it and it's neither here nor there tae me if there is. The fact that you continue tae court it just for the purpose of winning votes despite everything you have been told is enough for me. Vote loser for me.For me personally anyway, I dinnae particularly think this fans rep idea has worked out how I would have envisaged or wanted it, basically we've just ended up with another two directors on the board and little else. IMO Frank and Amit may as well keep the positions as they now have the experience so if I even bother tae vote, they'll get it.
    The only thing i can deduce from Charlene's replies is that she's just after the votes of the thousands of folk who follow this Facebook page. That's fair enough but as you said DD, some would expect her to have a rethink after what she's been told about the geezer. The "ulterior motive" of this guy is probably to have someone on the inside to get him player autographs to flog on his site.

  18. #68
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for these questions.1) I was aware they sold things, but as Ihave already said I did not have any prior contact with them, and still do not have a detailed knowledge of how they operate. You say they aren't a fan groups, and I am not saying they are the same as a forum, but who do you think buys Hibs merchandise, official or unofficial? There are still thousands of fans who can be reached through that Facebook page, so I disagree with your assertion that it's not for fans. I have never said it was run by fans, so not sure why you seem to refute that.2) I have enough experience to know that there is rarely such a thing as a free meal. I can tell you again that no quid pro quo has been asked for, offered or agreed to, but that's just words. This is a concern about undue influence of any person or group over a prospective fans rep. I have said (time and time again) that my key promise is to reach out and engage with as many fans as possible, as I feel we as a club do not do enough of that. I've also said that through sharing my preparation online ahead of board meetings and welcoming comments, fans can see what I am raising, and object if this doesn't seem like a fair representation. Finally, I've suggested two ways I can do more to give fans updates after board meetings, which is again an opportunity to scrutinise my work and hold me to account. So, I'm sure that whoever is successful and selected will get some opinions which do not reflect the fan base as a whole, but I've clearly set out how my approach will mean I'm transparent in which interests I'm representing - those of all fans.Cheers,Charlene
    Good response. You have my vote.

  19. #69
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    To be fair it was only very recently I found out what Hibernian Retro was up to commercially.

  20. #70
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing i can deduce from Charlene's replies is that she's just after the votes of the thousands of folk who follow this Facebook page. That's fair enough but as you said DD, some would expect her to have a rethink after what she's been told about the geezer. The "ulterior motive" of this guy is probably to have someone on the inside to get him player autographs to flog on his site.
    Seems very much like it.

  21. #71
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    436
    Hibs are so rubbish at the memorabilia that its no surprise "Hibs Retro" and other sites fill this gap and while Charlene might have acted a bit naievely I wouldn't hold that against voting for her.

    However 15 games a season and based in England kills it for me as you need a "fan rep" with an ear closer to the ground and able to offer practical help when other directors arent available.

    Change is good though and Traceys background and enthusiasm is enough for me.

    Continuity is good as well and I must admit Big Frank over Amit is growing on me though I cant quite get why he point blank refuses to communicate online.

    He wisnae shy last year when someone had a go over the coach breakdown on the way to Turiff so why not on more mundane matters.?

    Same could be said for Leanne as well who talked big at the beginning and I am sure yapped about online frequent questions and answers sessions.

    To busy with these cosy lunches with her "Scotland Shame 2012" counterpart no doubt and formulating a response to that game over 14 months ago.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

    Arrigo Sacchi

  22. #72
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4462 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1942
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are so rubbish at the memorabilia so its no surprise "Hibs Retro" and other sites fill this gap and while Charlene might have acted a bit naievely I wouldn't hold that against voting for her.

    15 games a season and based in England kills it for me as you need a "fan rep" with an ear closer to the ground and able to offer practical help when other directors arent available.

    Change is good though and Traceys background and enthusiasm is enough for me.

    Continuity is good as well and I must admit Big Frank over Amit is growing on me though I cant quite get why he point blank refuses to communicate online.

    He wisnae shy last year when someone had a go over the coach breakdown on the way to Turiff so why not on more mundane matters.

    Same could be said for Leanne as well who talked big at the beginning and I am sure yapped about online frequent questions and answers sessions.

    To busy with these cosy lunches with "Scotland Shame 2012" no doubt and formulating a response to that game 14 months ago.
    LD doesn't want to rock the boat on any possible future job prospects I imagine.

  23. #73
    Scottish no british, ya radge


    Desperate Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are so rubbish at the memorabilia that its no surprise "Hibs Retro" and other sites fill this gap and while Charlene might have acted a bit naievely I wouldn't hold that against voting for her. However 15 games a season and based in England kills it for me as you need a "fan rep" with an ear closer to the ground and able to offer practical help when other directors arent available.
    Sorry I cannae go along with that, even after being informed of the dubious nature of going down that particular avenue she continued on, so I dinnae accept the naivety excuse. The Hibs support isnae infinite and i dinnae believe for a minute that anybody or certainly the majority of people reachable through that avenue aren't a member/s of any other facebook/twitter pages or Hibs websites of a less questionable nature. I agree with the 2nd part though and my votes for what they are worth have now been cast in another direction so I have nowt else tae say on the subject.

  24. #74
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LD doesn't want to rock the boat on any possible future job prospects I imagine.
    Anyone else getting the feeling she's off at the end of this season?

  25. #75
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I cannae go along with that, even after being informed of the dubious nature of going down that particular avenue she continued on, so I dinnae accept the naivety excuse. The Hibs support isnae infinite and i dinnae believe for a minute that anybody or certainly the majority of people reachable through that avenue aren't a member/s of any other facebook/twitter pages or Hibs websites of a less questionable nature. I agree with the 2nd part though and my votes for what they are worth have now been cast in another direction so I have nowt else tae say on the subject.
    That's roughly my view too.

    The Retro site is not 'for Hibs fans' at all. It's for a bloke to make money in (allegedly) pretty dubious ways - and a little bit of research would show other disconcerting reports................. however............ I've said enough........ Chazza seems determined to avoid the issue and would make a first class politician.
    However, refusing to distance herself and skirting the issue means I'd rather she didn't speak for me.


  26. #76
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4462 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1942
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else getting the feeling she's off at the end of this season?
    Dunno. Not sure I'd be that fussed if she did go.

  27. #77
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunno. Not sure I'd be that fussed if she did go.
    I think overall she's been excellent for us. However, her statement last week had David Forsyth PR written all over it. Patronising tosh.

  28. #78
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which normally belong to other folk with no regard for copyright laws.

    Oh and Pat Stanton signed photos.
    got a link to the shop?
    until the sky turns green

  29. #79
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    got a link to the shop?
    Afraid not, I don't partake in pusjotter.

  30. #80
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's roughly my view too. The Retro site is not 'for Hibs fans' at all. It's for a bloke to make money in (allegedly) pretty dubious ways - and a little bit of research would show other disconcerting reports................. however............ I've said enough........ Chazza seems determined to avoid the issue and would make a first class politician. However, refusing to distance herself and skirting the issue means I'd rather she didn't speak for me.
    You'd think hibs would try shut it down if a big issue.Lots of hibs fans follow on twitter. Posts far superior stuff than hibs trust

  31. #81
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6584 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Must admit that I quite like following that twitter feed and very rarely are they trying to punt something? If they were I'd unfollow.

  32. #82
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    345
    Re: Hibernian Retro, from looking at the Facebook page and scrolling through posts dating back to 2015 I can only see 2 posts "selling things" - a Pat Stanton signed print, and a cup final paperboy figurine. Would hardly say this constitutes crime of the century and certainly not depriving the club of fortunes? Unless I'm missing something? Suppose old posts can be deleted...
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  33. #83
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    I'm not setting out to canvas votes for anyone, or indeed to try and rubbish any opinions.

    So I'll duck out of any more contributions on the election, or indeed Hibs Retro.

    I'll leave you with this



    LINK

  34. #84
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else getting the feeling she's off at the end of this season?
    I think initially LDs tenure was a good thing , a very difficult and complex position to take on given our position in Scottish football and the disconnect between fans and board.Her appointment of Stubbs was a good one , her support of him in the transfer market excellent , we played good football which I for one really enjoyed.A Scottish cup victory which I never thought I would see.However with inexperienced managers there is generally a flip side lack of consistency , which is a must to win a league and Stubbs was defiencent in that area at that time in his career.
    So along comes Neil Lennon with the consistency , but the style of football which in my opinion doesn't fit Hibernians style or ethos , glimpses of good football but a very hard of watch in general.Poor support in transfer market possibly from the board, which creates an unease amongst the fans.
    On fan engagement , we got fan reps , working together , etc all seemed rosey.
    So where did it start to unravel , Ibrox was the first time I raised my eyebrow. She didn't address that and who knows that maybe would of later helped the Hampden situation .A mistake not to come out and support the 900.
    HSL was a major managerial flaw , cash for points .That I didn't like as it cheated and manipulated fans poor show.
    Fan reps no real voice etc.
    The recent disconnect occured months ago for me , it's been coming.
    Most recently ticket fiasco 2 and being treated poorly as we enter the ground.
    Will she leave possibly , has she been tapped up possibly, but I honestly think the job is simply too big for her abilities as a CEO.
    Contraversial perhaps maybe not , but if you don't listen and do not follow through and alienate the most fanatical of fans criticism will come that I do know.Im just a nutter Hibs fan who loves his club and wants a wee bit of respect from the board for the efforts and sacrifices I put in tae follow the cabbage.And at this juncture I'm sure many feel this way.

  35. #85
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5724 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3750
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think initially LDs tenure was a good thing , a very difficult and complex position to take on given our position in Scottish football and the disconnect between fans and board.Her appointment of Stubbs was a good one , her support of him in the transfer market excellent , we played good football which I for one really enjoyed.A Scottish cup victory which I never thought I would see.However with inexperienced managers there is generally a flip side lack of consistency , which is a must to win a league and Stubbs was defiencent in that area at that time in his career.
    So along comes Neil Lennon with the consistency , but the style of football which in my opinion doesn't fit Hibernians style or ethos , glimpses of good football but a very hard of watch in general.Poor support in transfer market possibly from the board, which creates an unease amongst the fans.
    On fan engagement , we got fan reps , working together , etc all seemed rosey.
    So where did it start to unravel , Ibrox was the first time I raised my eyebrow. She didn't address that and who knows that maybe would of later helped the Hampden situation .A mistake not to come out and support the 900.
    HSL was a major managerial flaw , cash for points .That I didn't like as it cheated and manipulated fans poor show.
    Fan reps no real voice etc.
    The recent disconnect occured months ago for me , it's been coming.
    Most recently ticket fiasco 2 and being treated poorly as we enter the ground.
    Will she leave possibly , has she been tapped up possibly, but I honestly think the job is simply too big for her abilities as a CEO.
    Contraversial perhaps maybe not , but if you don't listen and do not follow through and alienate the most fanatical of fans criticism will come that I do know.Im just a nutter Hibs fan who loves his club and wants a wee bit of respect from the board for the efforts and sacrifices I put in tae follow the cabbage.And at this juncture I'm sure many feel this way.
    Spot on there SWH, given one board member at the Hunnery and Leeann's past working relationship, maybe she is destined for 'darker' things?

    Unless Peter Lawell fancies a quieter time, then she might be destined for 'greyer' things?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  36. #86
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think initially LDs tenure was a good thing , a very difficult and complex position to take on given our position in Scottish football and the disconnect between fans and board.Her appointment of Stubbs was a good one , her support of him in the transfer market excellent , we played good football which I for one really enjoyed.A Scottish cup victory which I never thought I would see.However with inexperienced managers there is generally a flip side lack of consistency , which is a must to win a league and Stubbs was defiencent in that area at that time in his career.So along comes Neil Lennon with the consistency , but the style of football which in my opinion doesn't fit Hibernians style or ethos , glimpses of good football but a very hard of watch in general.Poor support in transfer market possibly from the board, which creates an unease amongst the fans.On fan engagement , we got fan reps , working together , etc all seemed rosey. So where did it start to unravel , Ibrox was the first time I raised my eyebrow. She didn't address that and who knows that maybe would of later helped the Hampden situation .A mistake not to come out and support the 900.HSL was a major managerial flaw , cash for points .That I didn't like as it cheated and manipulated fans poor show.Fan reps no real voice etc.The recent disconnect occured months ago for me , it's been coming.Most recently ticket fiasco 2 and being treated poorly as we enter the ground.Will she leave possibly , has she been tapped up possibly, but I honestly think the job is simply too big for her abilities as a CEO.Contraversial perhaps maybe not , but if you don't listen and do not follow through and alienate the most fanatical of fans criticism will come that I do know.Im just a nutter Hibs fan who loves his club and wants a wee bit of respect from the board for the efforts and sacrifices I put in tae follow the cabbage.And at this juncture I'm sure many feel this way.
    The fact she is on the board of HSL is a conflict of interest IMO and no doubt one of the reasons you got loyalty points for buying into HSL.

  37. #87
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on there SWH, given one board member at the Hunnery and Leeann's past working relationship, maybe she is destined for 'darker' things?

    Unless Peter Lawell fancies a quieter time, then she might be destined for 'greyer' things?
    Not a betting man but castle greyskull would be my guess.And it is just a guess.

  38. #88
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6431 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Who IS the CEO at the Hunnery?

    There's been so many I've lost track.

    Green LLambias Wallace Bain.......................

  39. #89
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who IS the CEO at the Hunnery?

    There's been so many I've lost track.


    Green LLambias Wallace Bain.......................
    Mr Wallace from Dumfries ffs. That maybe oot of date though.

  40. #90
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4717 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who IS the CEO at the Hunnery?There's been so many I've lost track.Green LLambias Wallace Bain.......................
    Stuart Robertson

  41. #91
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not setting out to canvas votes for anyone, or indeed to try and rubbish any opinions.

    So I'll duck out of any more contributions on the election, or indeed Hibs Retro.

    I'll leave you with this



    LINK
    Cheers Doc. So he has been deleting old posts then. Sounds dodgy, although I can see why, with the 17k followers, Charlene is reluctant to disassociate herself with the page.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. A 6-3 tomorrow night...
    By Haruki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-10, 16:38
  2. Anyone else going to Dunfy tomorrow night?
    By Gunnerhibby in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-09, 12:12
  3. Politics: SNP 2/1 To Win Tomorrow Night..
    By Smurf in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 25-07-08, 21:28
  4. Two tickets available for the comedy gala night tomorrow night
    By Purple & Green in forum The Pie Stand
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22-08-07, 19:51
  5. tomorrow night
    By evy in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-04-07, 21:03

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •