Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5551 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that will do just fine

On a cold day, me and Shrink headed down to Dumfries through pretty heavy snow. By the time we got there and had learned the principles of dewpoints on bison slabs in the flats off McDonald Road from my enthusiastic jiner brother, the snow had been replaced with rain. A few welcome pints with South West Hibby and his son Nathan in the less than hospitable Robert the Bruce Pub and off we went to the fitba.

Its a skittery plastic pitch, where the ball bounces like someone has been sitting on it. They give us a game. With few changes from last week, other than Captain Dave back, and Humphreys out for Fyvie. We lined up 4 4 2. Danny Carmichael started for Queens looking like the 12 year old he looked like in a Hibs shirt, with the dangerous Dobbie and expert nippy fouler Rankin in their ranks.

I thought we started slowly and looked fragile, Darren was giving passes away left right and centre, Fontaine was like Bambi on Astroturf, the midfield was disjointed [With one notable exception through out), Holt was duff and Jason alone. Once we bedded in though, we took control of teh game, Fonts and Daz looked solid, the lean looking Dobbie was well contained, Shinnie had a decent first half, McGinn an excellent second, Keats fleeted in and out but was keen and Fraser Fyvie never stopped and never put a foot wrong. We played with flat back four which allowed David and Lewis to defend well but rarely got forward first half. Jason never stopped wanting the ball and Holt just got in the way. Laidlaw was, as ever, steady and strong. However, one immaculate training ground corner from our best dead ball man, James Keatings, a cleverly taken shot with the inside of Super John’s foot, a fortuitous wee deflection gave us the goal that won us the game.

The doonhamers are much improved and dare I say it, although they have Dobbie, it looks like hey need a striker. Other teams will drop points down there.

The team...

Laidlaw never out a hand or foot wrong all game, he bloocked, jumped, caught and snatched everything he needed to.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final had a good steady game with some thumping challenges on young Danny Carmichael.

Darren rather unusually let half a dozed passes go astray early in the game. He went on to be the class defender we know he is.

Fontaine too started poorly and was caught once or twice with the ball after pissing about too much. Even second half he removed his brain and went on a mazy that dragged him miles out of position when a 10 yard pass to Lewis wa on. He did however do an excellent job of containing Dobbie, and might want to check both his own and Daz’s back pockets to check if Steven Dobbie is still in either tonight?

I thought Lewis was excellent today, first half as defender, second as both a defender and playing some nice football down Hibs left.

Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today, he was Hibs. His 90 minutes of hard work, tackling, dropping back, pushing forward were great to watch. I have called Dylan the metronome of our team, it may just be Fraser has stolen that mantle.

Andrew Shinnie had a very decent first half, less so in the second. He is a player of that I have no doubt, but he needs to ‘man up’.

Super John McGinn had an indifferent first half, but was magnificent second. A great goal scored and he drives and drives at teams, it must be knackering playing against him. Thanks John, watching you in you pomp is worth the entrance money, coupled with the fitba of Fraser Fyvie, 16 quid to get in is a bargain.

Keats set up the goal with a pristine corner to John McGinn. As I say often, I have grown to really like James Keatings play for Hibs. He tries hard to be creative, is direct and is very clever with dead balls. Keep it goings on.

Holt was rotten, the only things of value were when he tracked back once, didnae commit a foul and won the ball instead, and then wasted a few seconds fannying around with the Hibs fans when being subbed. Its like playing with 10 men.

I heard the ‘odd’ Hibby moaning at Jase. It cannae be easy up there beside Grant Huddie. Jason made space, tried to get in on goal and never stopped playng fitba. They took him off before his aforementioned co-striker.

The subs

Boyler replaced Jase with 15 or so to go. I don’t mind Squirrel being introduced as he runs, is direct and is enthusiastic in his play. He is a good lad is Martin, a super sub.

Forster replaced Keats with 5 or so to go, no reflection on the good Keatings performance but an acceptable move by the management team to see the game out.

Graham replaced Holt at the same time as Forster came on. Nae time to do much. Holt has walked from the centre circle to the Hibs fans opposite side of the ground from the tunnel and dugouts, gesturing his hands to represent 9. He knew he was going off and was time wasting. Not the Hibernian way in my eyes.

Overall, I think Lenny and Gary got the set up right, it was a difficult game on a greasy, bobbly, unpredictable pitch against a team with 2 or 3 good players. I felt we had room to play more football than we did and that a more direct approach with 11 players, not 10 and Holt would have seen Queens off more comfortably. The 3 at the back decision for the last five was clever and worked as we were under a bit of pressure.

The referee was distinctly average, I have seen him do worse when reffing Hibs games.

Queens are ok, they gave us a game, played football and have some decent players. We have no played them twice doon hame, lest hope its a long time before we have to do so again, although I may still visit Dumfries to sup beer with our excellent hosts, Stevie and Nathan.

The Hibernian support impressed today, we filled one stand and there were 100’s standing behind the goals in the pouring rain. As I keep saying, each and everyone there should be guaranteed a ticket at the guntery in a few weeks. Make it happen Hibs.

Man of the Match was easy, Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today. Well played Fraser, a proper player.

Thanks to Shrink for the birl doon the road, thanks to Stevie and Nathan for the good company, and thanks Hibs for the win, eight points clear.

Next week, home to Ayr, see you all behind the goals.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a cold day, me and Shrink headed down to Dumfries through pretty heavy snow. By the time we got there and had learned the principles of dewpoints on bison slabs in the flats off McDonald Road from my enthusiastic jiner brother, the snow had been replaced with rain. A few welcome pints with South West Hibby and his son Nathan in the less than hospitable Robert the Bruce Pub and off we went to the fitba.

Its a skittery plastic pitch, where the ball bounces like someone has been sitting on it. They give us a game. With few changes from last week, other than Captain Dave back, and Humphreys out for Fyvie. We lined up 4 4 2. Danny Carmichael started for Queens looking like the 12 year old he looked like in a Hibs shirt, with the dangerous Dobbie and expert nippy fouler Rankin in their ranks.

I thought we started slowly and looked fragile, Darren was giving passes away left right and centre, Fontaine was like Bambi on Astroturf, the midfield was disjointed [With one notable exception through out), Holt was duff and Jason alone. Once we bedded in though, we took control of teh game, Fonts and Daz looked solid, the lean looking Dobbie was well contained, Shinnie had a decent first half, McGinn an excellent second, Keats fleeted in and out but was keen and Fraser Fyvie never stopped and never put a foot wrong. We played with flat back four which allowed David and Lewis to defend well but rarely got forward first half. Jason never stopped wanting the ball and Holt just got in the way. Laidlaw was, as ever, steady and strong. However, one immaculate training ground corner from our best dead ball man, James Keatings, a cleverly taken shot with the inside of Super John’s foot, a fortuitous wee deflection gave us the goal that won us the game.

The doonhamers are much improved and dare I say it, although they have Dobbie, it looks like hey need a striker. Other teams will drop points down there.

The team...

Laidlaw never out a hand or foot wrong all game, he bloocked, jumped, caught and snatched everything he needed to.

David Gray, captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final had a good steady game with some thumping challenges on young Danny Carmichael.

Darren rather unusually let half a dozed passes go astray early in the game. He went on to be the class defender we know he is.

Fontaine too started poorly and was caught once or twice with the ball after pissing about too much. Even second half he removed his brain and went on a mazy that dragged him miles out of position when a 10 yard pass to Lewis wa on. He did however do an excellent job of containing Dobbie, and might want to check both his own and Daz’s back pockets to check if Steven Dobbie is still in either tonight?

I thought Lewis was excellent today, first half as defender, second as both a defender and playing some nice football down Hibs left.

Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today, he was Hibs. His 90 minutes of hard work, tackling, dropping back, pushing forward were great to watch. I have called Dylan the metronome of our team, it may just be Fraser has stolen that mantle.

Andrew Shinnie had a very decent first half, less so in the second. He is a player of that I have no doubt, but he needs to ‘man up’.

Super John McGinn had an indifferent first half, but was magnificent second. A great goal scored and he drives and drives at teams, it must be knackering playing against him. Thanks John, watching you in you pomp is worth the entrance money, coupled with the fitba of Fraser Fyvie, 16 quid to get in is a bargain.

Keats set up the goal with a pristine corner to John McGinn. As I say often, I have grown to really like James Keatings play for Hibs. He tries hard to be creative, is direct and is very clever with dead balls. Keep it goings on.

Holt was rotten, the only things of value were when he tracked back once, didnae commit a foul and won the ball instead, and then wasted a few seconds fannying around with the Hibs fans when being subbed. Its like playing with 10 men.

I heard the ‘odd’ Hibby moaning at Jase. It cannae be easy up there beside Grant Huddie. Jason made space, tried to get in on goal and never stopped playng fitba. They took him off before his aforementioned co-striker.

The subs

Boyler replaced Jase with 15 or so to go. I don’t mind Squirrel being introduced as he runs, is direct and is enthusiastic in his play. He is a good lad is Martin, a super sub.

Forster replaced Keats with 5 or so to go, no reflection on the good Keatings performance but an acceptable move by the management team to see the game out.

Graham replaced Holt at the same time as Forster came on. Nae time to do much. Holt has walked from the centre circle to the Hibs fans opposite side of the ground from the tunnel and dugouts, gesturing his hands to represent 9. He knew he was going off and was time wasting. Not the Hibernian way in my eyes.

Overall, I think Lenny and Gary got the set up right, it was a difficult game on a greasy, bobbly, unpredictable pitch against a team with 2 or 3 good players. I felt we had room to play more football than we did and that a more direct approach with 11 players, not 10 and Holt would have seen Queens off more comfortably. The 3 at the back decision for the last five was clever and worked as we were under a bit of pressure.

The referee was distinctly average, I have seen him do worse when reffing Hibs games.

Queens are ok, they gave us a game, played football and have some decent players. We have no played them twice doon hame, lest hope its a long time before we have to do so again, although I may still visit Dumfries to sup beer with our excellent hosts, Stevie and Nathan.

The Hibernian support impressed today, we filled one stand and there were 100’s standing behind the goals in the pouring rain. As I keep saying, each and everyone there should be guaranteed a ticket at the guntery in a few weeks. Make it happen Hibs.

Man of the Match was easy, Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today. Well played Fraser, a proper player.

Thanks to Shrink for the birl doon the road, thanks to Stevie and Nathan for the good company, and thanks Hibs for the win, eight points clear.

Cheers for the report Mark. Much appreciated as ever. I listened to open all mics and they barely mention Hibs games so I look forward to your excellent summation.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks M, great report. Fyvie is vying with McGregor for my player of the season (so far) and it sounds like he added to that today. While Super wows and exhilarates, I think Fyvie is a stone cold match winner and, when necessary, team carrier; his contribution has been immense this season.

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    A excellent report as always. I was waxing lyrical about Fraser all game , one missed pass all game a masterclass on being the unseen man who makes us tick. Take a bow young man you deserve all the plaudits today.
    I always enjoy beating queens fair makes my day........Good to see you M and friends , however I must apologise tae Shrink for my frequent visits to the toilet getting him up and doon like a Mexican wave. Cold day , cold beer , enlarged prostrate I really should know better.
    My apologises on my poor weather forecast , but the sun always shines after a Hibernian victory.
    See you all next week.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Whatever is causing Lennon to see something in Holt, he desperately needs to stop drinking it. I was watching the game on 'Open All Mics' and even i know that to take our best striker off the pitch before that useless huddie was an act of insanity. What the $#@! does he need to do to get binned ffs.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1650 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Whatever is causing Lennon to see something in Holt, he desperately needs to stop drinking it. I was watching the game on 'Open All Mics' and even i know that to take our best striker off the pitch before that useless huddie was an act of insanity. What the $#@! does he need to do to get binned ffs.
    I can only think that NL is using Holt for nuisance value. By that I mean he's there to make a nuisance of himself with defenders thereby creating space for Cummings to get scoring opportunities. OK it may not be working quite as Lennon sees it but what other reason could there be?
    Either that or Holt has a dodgy photo of Lennon and is using it to get game time.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I can only think that NL is using Holt for nuisance value. By that I mean he's there to make a nuisance of himself with defenders thereby creating space for Cummings to get scoring opportunities. OK it may not be working quite as Lennon sees it but what other reason could there be?
    Either that or Holt has a dodgy photo of Lennon and is using it to get game time.
    As long as it`s a plan i can maybe cope

Rather see us play with eleven players though, coz with him in the side, it`s like playing with ten. He is completely....$#@!.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2462 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fantastic three points today at a difficult place...
    Please Hibs do not get complacent though. Being 8 points clear at the top is great but we are not even out of January yet.
    Three points at home to Ayr United next Saturday (our first home game for a full calendar month) are a must.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6341 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    A excellent report as always. I was waxing lyrical about Fraser all game , one missed pass all game a masterclass on being the unseen man who makes us tick. Take a bow young man you deserve all the plaudits today.
    I always enjoy beating queens fair makes my day........Good to see you M and friends , however I must apologise tae Shrink for my frequent visits to the toilet getting him up and doon like a Mexican wave. Cold day , cold beer , enlarged prostrate I really should know better.
    My apologises on my poor weather forecast , but the sun always shines after a Hibernian victory.
    See you all next week.
    No need to apologise to me my good man.
    I'm very familiar with the er... wee problem you refer to.
    I did offer you the loan of my Tena pants and I wondered why you refused.
    It occurs to me now that you thought I meant the pair I was wearing when in fact I always carry a spare pair.

Your weather forecast however was without doubt pish of such magnitude that even my Tena Ultras could not have coped with the flow.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1650 Post(s)
    vCash

Rather see us play with eleven players though, coz with him in the side, it`s like playing with ten. He is completely....$#@!.
    FFS! Stop beating about the bush (as Barbara once said to George Snr) and tell us what you really think of Holt
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1781 Post(s)
    vCash

thought Holt did alright ish for 60 mins and held it up well with some decent touches around the box although he gets dragged all over the shop, no goal threat though as we all know..

he was absolutely burst before being subbed and his last five mins or so were awful..

overall an enjoyable trip down in southfields motor and a few pints in Porty to round off the day

good day's work, mon the Hibs.
    until the sky turns green

A Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    vCash
    No at game today so delighted to get this report. Thanks M.
    Brill result today especially with dundee hibernians dropping points.
    GGTTH 😀😀😀

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1781 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post

Your weather forecast however was without doubt pish of such magnitude that even my Tena Ultras could not have coped with the flow.
    was saying to the boys on the way down that a reliable local contact who usually calls it right expected a dry afternoon...

thankfully we took brollies

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    thought Holt did alright ish for 60 mins and held it up well with some decent touches around the box although he gets dragged all over the shop, no goal threat though as we all know..

he was absolutely burst before being subbed and his last five mins or so were awful..

overall an enjoyable trip down in southfields motor and a few pints in Porty to round off the day

good day's work, mon the Hibs.
    Yeah, he huffs and puffs and i`m sure he cares and tries hard. But he`s $#@!e. Shoud be ending his career at an amatuer club. No Hiberniam.

Someone close tae Lennon needs to tell him that Holt`s $#@! and we need better.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    On a cold day, me and Shrink headed down to Dumfries through pretty heavy snow. By the time we got there and had learned the principles of dewpoints on bison slabs in the flats off McDonald Road from my enthusiastic jiner brother, the snow had been replaced with rain. A few welcome pints with South West Hibby and his son Nathan in the less than hospitable Robert the Bruce Pub and off we went to the fitba.Its a skittery plastic pitch, where the ball bounces like someone has been sitting on it. They give us a game. With few changes from last week, other than Captain Dave back, and Humphreys out for Fyvie. We lined up 4 4 2. Danny Carmichael started for Queens looking like the 12 year old he looked like in a Hibs shirt, with the dangerous Dobbie and expert nippy fouler Rankin in their ranks.I thought we started slowly and looked fragile, Darren was giving passes away left right and centre, Fontaine was like Bambi on Astroturf, the midfield was disjointed [With one notable exception through out), Holt was duff and Jason alone. Once we bedded in though, we took control of teh game, Fonts and Daz looked solid, the lean looking Dobbie was well contained, Shinnie had a decent first half, McGinn an excellent second, Keats fleeted in and out but was keen and Fraser Fyvie never stopped and never put a foot wrong. We played with flat back four which allowed David and Lewis to defend well but rarely got forward first half. Jason never stopped wanting the ball and Holt just got in the way. Laidlaw was, as ever, steady and strong. However, one immaculate training ground corner from our best dead ball man, James Keatings, a cleverly taken shot with the inside of Super John’s foot, a fortuitous wee deflection gave us the goal that won us the game.The doonhamers are much improved and dare I say it, although they have Dobbie, it looks like hey need a striker. Other teams will drop points down there.The team...Laidlaw never out a hand or foot wrong all game, he bloocked, jumped, caught and snatched everything he needed to.David Gray, captain of Hibernian on the day he scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final had a good steady game with some thumping challenges on young Danny Carmichael.Darren rather unusually let half a dozed passes go astray early in the game. He went on to be the class defender we know he is. Fontaine too started poorly and was caught once or twice with the ball after pissing about too much. Even second half he removed his brain and went on a mazy that dragged him miles out of position when a 10 yard pass to Lewis wa on. He did however do an excellent job of containing Dobbie, and might want to check both his own and Daz’s back pockets to check if Steven Dobbie is still in either tonight?I thought Lewis was excellent today, first half as defender, second as both a defender and playing some nice football down Hibs left.Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today, he was Hibs. His 90 minutes of hard work, tackling, dropping back, pushing forward were great to watch. I have called Dylan the metronome of our team, it may just be Fraser has stolen that mantle.Andrew Shinnie had a very decent first half, less so in the second. He is a player of that I have no doubt, but he needs to ‘man up’.Super John McGinn had an indifferent first half, but was magnificent second. A great goal scored and he drives and drives at teams, it must be knackering playing against him. Thanks John, watching you in you pomp is worth the entrance money, coupled with the fitba of Fraser Fyvie, 16 quid to get in is a bargain.Keats set up the goal with a pristine corner to John McGinn. As I say often, I have grown to really like James Keatings play for Hibs. He tries hard to be creative, is direct and is very clever with dead balls. Keep it goings on.Holt was rotten, the only things of value were when he tracked back once, didnae commit a foul and won the ball instead, and then wasted a few seconds fannying around with the Hibs fans when being subbed. Its like playing with 10 men.I heard the ‘odd’ Hibby moaning at Jase. It cannae be easy up there beside Grant Huddie. Jason made space, tried to get in on goal and never stopped playng fitba. They took him off before his aforementioned co-striker. The subsBoyler replaced Jase with 15 or so to go. I don’t mind Squirrel being introduced as he runs, is direct and is enthusiastic in his play. He is a good lad is Martin, a super sub.Forster replaced Keats with 5 or so to go, no reflection on the good Keatings performance but an acceptable move by the management team to see the game out.Graham replaced Holt at the same time as Forster came on. Nae time to do much. Holt has walked from the centre circle to the Hibs fans opposite side of the ground from the tunnel and dugouts, gesturing his hands to represent 9. He knew he was going off and was time wasting. Not the Hibernian way in my eyes.Overall, I think Lenny and Gary got the set up right, it was a difficult game on a greasy, bobbly, unpredictable pitch against a team with 2 or 3 good players. I felt we had room to play more football than we did and that a more direct approach with 11 players, not 10 and Holt would have seen Queens off more comfortably. The 3 at the back decision for the last five was clever and worked as we were under a bit of pressure.The referee was distinctly average, I have seen him do worse when reffing Hibs games.Queens are ok, they gave us a game, played football and have some decent players. We have no played them twice doon hame, lest hope its a long time before we have to do so again, although I may still visit Dumfries to sup beer with our excellent hosts, Stevie and Nathan.The Hibernian support impressed today, we filled one stand and there were 100’s standing behind the goals in the pouring rain. As I keep saying, each and everyone there should be guaranteed a ticket at the guntery in a few weeks. Make it happen Hibs.Man of the Match was easy, Fraser Fyvie was magnificent today. Well played Fraser, a proper player.Thanks to Shrink for the birl doon the road, thanks to Stevie and Nathan for the good company, and thanks Hibs for the win, eight points clear.Next week, home to Ayr, see you all behind the goals.
    Fyvie is a fantastic player. Totally underrated and we should do all we can to sign him up on a long term contract if we can. A good result at a tough place to travel. 8 points clear now. Let's not get complacent and really take first place by the scruff of the neck.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash

Jason Cummings

Cummings was shocking today, cant believe you think it was Holts fault!! Its not Holts fault that Cummings is tactically naive has only one foot etc.If i was watching a 2 million striker today then the game is finished. The QOS defense had Cummings in their back pocket today thats why he was subbed.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spatzhibs View Post
    Cummings was shocking today, cant believe you think it was Holts fault!! Its not Holts fault that Cummings is tactically naive has only one foot etc.If i was watching a 2 million striker today then the game is finished. The QOS defense had Cummings in their back pocket today thats why he was subbed.
    Cummings got no service because the style of football we play when Holt's on the pitch is far less effective. That's not a criticism of Holt, I don't think he's necessarily a bad player, but his presence encourages some eye-bleeding football.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash

The team...

The subs

Cheers for the report mark. .class as normal how you're not a writer Il never know. .another 3 points the green machine marches on..
    Be there on Saturday Mon the hibees. .
    GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    vCash
    Proper old school battle that. You're never going to be able to play good football on that pitch in those conditions. We won the arm wrestle and produced the one moment of quality when it mattered. Met a nice Gentleman over from Ankara and have very little memory of getting back to the station thanks to @Two Headed Boy and his dawned survivalist hip flask.

Big win for me as it proves we can out scrap teams now if we need to.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report as per Mark. Sign of champions the last couple of weeks, grinding out these results by the odd goal. 8 points clear (good as 9 with GD), starting to look really good. Ayr at home next, let's keep it going Hibs.
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Been very impressed with the clean sheets and few goals we concede. Big difference than the past couple of years. Same players different mentality and will to win.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1781 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    Been very impressed with the clean sheets and few goals we concede. Big difference than the past couple of years. Same players different mentality and will to win.
    Read somewhere today that Ayr at home is only league game we have conceded more than one goal..and that was after a dubious sending off for Bartley.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash

would be impressed it holt was punted in the next couple of days - can't see it though.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Holt and Cummings were OK. Not brilliant, but not shocking or rotten. Holt was clearly goosed before he was taken off, it was getting a wee bit embarrassing for him.

But Fyvie/McGinn were superb. As soon as promotion is secured we should get Fyvie's contract sorted.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    would be impressed it holt was punted in the next couple of days - can't see it though.
    He's finished unfortunately.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    He's finished unfortunately.
    the head is still there but the body is finished - 3yrs younger than kenny miller

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holt will be part of the squad that gains us automatic promotion.Something the squad couldn't do!! Just sayin likes

- - - Updated - - -

sorry should read .. squads from previous couldn't do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spatzhibs View Post
    Holt will be part of the squad that gains us automatic promotion.Something the squad couldn't do!! Just sayin likes

- - - Updated - - -

sorry should read .. squads from previous couldn't do

someone is always the $#@!iest player in the squad...irrespective of whether they gain promotion or not

GoGO Back To Forum