Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 82

Thread: Hi from Tracey Smith

  1. #1
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110

    Hi from Tracey Smith

    Hi all,

    Just wanted to introduce myself. As you may or may not be aware I am standing for the Supporters Directors role. I've never posted in here before but have interacted before via twitter and Facebook.

    Some might know me from being an admin on Hibs Fans News (no longer an admin at present) or from the Working Together meetings.

    Hopefully see some of you on Tuesday night at the Hibs Club


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    13,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2021 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1722
    Hiya Tracey

    If you get the gig would you be so kind as to tell them to put a crest on the north gable end o' the East immediately.

    Ta.



  3. #3
    Administrator






    Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Leith.
    Posts
    46,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4923 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    1290
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hiya Tracey

    If you get the gig would you be so kind as to tell them to put a crest on the north gable end o' the East immediately.

    Ta.



    Ooofttttt yes please


    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...
    They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.




    Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

  4. #4
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3572 Post(s)
    vCash
    2
    Rep Power
    1168
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hiya Tracey

    If you get the gig would you be so kind as to tell them to put a crest on the north gable end o' the East immediately.

    Ta.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ooofttttt yes please



    Nae point in fannying aboot likes. Get the major issues dealt wi`....
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  5. #5
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi all,

    Just wanted to introduce myself. As you may or may not be aware I am standing for the Supporters Directors role. I've never posted in here before but have interacted before via twitter and Facebook.

    Some might know me from being an admin on Hibs Fans News (no longer an admin at present) or from the Working Together meetings.

    Hopefully see some of you on Tuesday night at the Hibs Club


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Tracey, were you at the game today?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  6. #6
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Tracey, were you at the game today?
    Hi there, I wasn't able to go today unfortunately. It was my nieces birthday. I was hoping to have gone but I don't mind sharing that my mum looks after my niece and nephew and is their Kinship Carer. They have had no contact with their mum now since last January so it's her first birthday in a long time she's not had her mum there. Just felt that it was important to be there for her. So glad we got the 3 points and now 8 points clear is brilliant.

    Did you go to the game today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Nae point in fannying aboot likes. Get the major issues dealt wi`....
    Best to get straight in there with what you want


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you go to the game today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh dear.

  9. #9
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh dear.
    I can confirm he was in the toilet with me.....

  10. #10
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can confirm he was in the toilet with me.....
    Ha ha we won't need anymore info


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Hamesick Radge

    Tatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Posts
    4,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hiya Tracey

    If you get the gig would you be so kind as to tell them to put a crest on the north gable end o' the East immediately.

    Ta.


    Best listen tae the beefster Tracey as he was bang on the last time aboot the crest

  12. #12
    A Radge Private Member

    CJRRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Longniddry
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13
    Did you go to the game today?

    And the prize for the dumbest question goes to......
    Sheesh

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    _________________________

  13. #13
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best listen tae the beefster Tracey as he was bang on the last time aboot the crest
    Good to know thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi there, I wasn't able to go today unfortunately. It was my nieces birthday. I was hoping to have gone but I don't mind sharing that my mum looks after my niece and nephew and is their Kinship Carer. They have had no contact with their mum now since last January so it's her first birthday in a long time she's not had her mum there. Just felt that it was important to be there for her. So glad we got the 3 points and now 8 points clear is brilliant.

    Did you go to the game today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I go every week that I can, I expect the same of any fans rep.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I go every week that I can, I expect the same of any fans rep.
    Same here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good, do you have a seaon ticket and how many away games have you been at this season? I spoke with one of the current reps sitting in the Hibs end at Palmerston today, the other one was, I understand, in the directors area. I expect fans reps to be fans.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  17. #17
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    422
    Harsh treatment of the potential fan reps on here IMO.
    Feck me, the one lass shot doon for not responding in 3 hours and turns oot she was blocked.

    I understand people want to ask questions but it seems overly hostile to me.

  18. #18
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harsh treatment of the potential fan reps on here IMO.
    Feck me, the one lass shot doon for not responding in 3 hours and turns oot she was blocked.

    I understand people want to ask questions but it seems overly hostile to me.
    I disagree, neither posted here previously, they are unknowns, they have to put their opinions up and earn votes. At least both have, where are all the others?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  19. #19
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, neither posted here previously, they are unknowns, they have to put their opinions up and earn votes. At least both have, where are all the others?
    Big frank posted hee haw on here for a year.

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1848
    Both of the candidates that have recently signed up to this website to garner support can beat it imo.

    No interest in The Bounce, just looking to get a few votes for their own ego projects.

  21. #21
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big frank posted hee haw on here for a year.
    Big Frank sits with and talks to his fellow fans every week, home and away.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  22. #22
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Frank sits with and talks to his fellow fans every week, home and away.
    Aye but the point was they don't post on here.

    Amit at least made an effort.

    Anyway, my point stands.
    The bounce massiv has been less than welcoming to the prospective reps.

    Verging on blatant hostility esp on the other lassies thread.

    All these folks are doing is applying to something Hibs have offered.

  23. #23
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both of the candidates that have recently signed up to this website to garner support can beat it imo.

    No interest in The Bounce, just looking to get a few votes for their own ego projects.
    I dare say they've never had profiles posted on the club website or went to the HSA for a Q&A session either.
    That's got to be done as part of the application and they are putting themselves out there by joining the forums also which is welcomed by many who had issues with the lack of online presence of the two current fan directors.

    Agree with Barney that some need to calm things down a notch.

  24. #24
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4651 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1109
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harsh treatment of the potential fan reps on here IMO.Feck me, the one lass shot doon for not responding in 3 hours and turns oot she was blocked.I understand people want to ask questions but it seems overly hostile to me.
    She now has access so where is she?

  25. #25
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harsh treatment of the potential fan reps on here IMO.
    Feck me, the one lass shot doon for not responding in 3 hours and turns oot she was blocked.

    I understand people want to ask questions but it seems overly hostile to me.
    She wasn't blocked, she had not joined the bounce as such, simply tried one post.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  26. #26
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wasn't blocked, she had not joined the bounce as such, simply tried one post.
    Sorry for the choice of words, but that's what I meant. She couldn't reply cos of the new member restrictions.

    Anyway, no argument wi you. I know your a good hibs man and I read your reports regularly.

    Given another thread where regulars were bemoaning the lack of interaction on here, it might be worth looking at how we treat folks that make an effort.


    I'm out for tonight. Having a DVD viewing party at ma hoose with a few Atlanta Hibees.

    No prizes for guessing the title of the DVD.



  27. #27
    A Radge Private Member

    CJRRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Longniddry
    Posts
    720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harsh treatment of the potential fan reps on here IMO.
    Feck me, the one lass shot doon for not responding in 3 hours and turns oot she was blocked.

    I understand people want to ask questions but it seems overly hostile to me.
    Hi Barney, how you doing, chill man.
    Sorry but disagree with the hostility but then that might be me. Two have posted here for the first time on the back of trying to become a fans rep.
    For lifelong hibees and only just found the bounce or post on the bounce is going to look like that there looking for votes.
    Quite a few questions were posted but nothing too bad?
    But surely if your looking to represent the fans then at least do some research.
    Anyway were all pulling in the same direction GGTTH
    _________________________

  28. #28
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nitten
    Posts
    11,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1505 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    661
    Hello Tracey,

    Welcome to the bounce.

    In simple terms, what are you going to that's going to make a difference and how are you going to achieve it?

    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi all,

    Just wanted to introduce myself. As you may or may not be aware I am standing for the Supporters Directors role. I've never posted in here before but have interacted before via twitter and Facebook.

    Some might know me from being an admin on Hibs Fans News (no longer an admin at present) or from the Working Together meetings.

    Hopefully see some of you on Tuesday night at the Hibs Club


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    On holiday Radge
    broonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    114

    Hi from Tracey Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She now has access so where is she?
    Maybe out on the peeve? It's a Saturday night after all!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nitten
    Posts
    11,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1505 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    661
    And secondly Tracey, were you on the pitch at hampden?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And secondly Tracey, were you on the pitch at hampden?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the million dollar question.
    until the sky turns green

  32. #32
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello Tracey,

    Welcome to the bounce.

    In simple terms, what are you going to that's going to make a difference and how are you going to achieve it?






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi there,

    From what I have seen and heard on the forums and from fans themselves is that sometimes the feedback from the reps isn't as responsive as they would like and some feel their views haven't been widely represented. Look not going to lie and say I'll agree with everyone's opinions or what they are looking for but I will always do my utmost to get everyone's points of view across to the board. For me everyone's opinion matters regardless. Not everything that fans ask for or have a complaint about is going to be at board level and it will be a case of taking it to the relevant person at the club. Through the Working Together meetings and from when I was an admin on Hibs Fans News, I've built up some good relationships within the club which will make life easier communicating. For those who like to conduct conversations online I feel a simple system set up for those who want anything raised with the club or to give feedback could be achieved. It would give you access to see that whatever you've wanted fed back to the club has been actioned, and if any follow up is required on my part. Not everyone is online so that will require speaking to people face to face or happy to phone anyone, attending branch meetings and so on. It's about making yourself accessible to everyone. I have contact with supporters already via Working Together if they want something brought up in the meetings and then feedback what the outcome was or if there is an action. It would be great to increase attendance at these meetings and allowing people who cannot attend but want to get involved be able to do that. This is something we have been looking at.

    I am not Wonder Woman so I won't promise you the earth because there are some things that may not be possible for the club to do but you will always be given a reason why. Not everything at the Board Meeting can be fed back to supporters as there will be confidential matters discussed on the day but whatever I can feedback I will after each board meeting.

    I am extremely passionate about Hibs and will remain sitting in the FF Lower with my 2 youngest girls.

    Some have said comments on here have been harsh but tbh we've put ourselves out there for this role and not everyone's going to agree or even like us all. We are going to get scrutinised but I've got a thick skin. I'm also not a pushover and if there is something I don't agree with the club on I will let them know that. First and foremost I'm a supporter and if lucky enough to get voted in I will be there to represent every single supporter. It's a massive responsibility and one that I would thrive on.

    Words are easy I know and there is stiff competition for this role. I like Frank and Amit and know them both. Think they came in at a time of great change at the club and I'm sure they'll feel they have unfinished business. A couple of friends nominated me and only after the meeting I attended about the role did I make a decision on taking it further.

    A little bit about my background - I've worked in more PA/Administrative roles and worked with some strong characters, now run my own Virtual Assistant business. I also have experience of being on the Children's panel and volunteering with the Multi-Cultural Family Base at matches.

    Sorry I've rabbled on way more than you probably wanted.

    Thank you for letting me be part of the forum. I follow on FB and Twitter but this is my first time on the forum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And secondly Tracey, were you on the pitch at hampden?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly - no I wasn't. That may make me unsuitable now I don't know. Was an emotional day - lost my step-dad in January last year and he would have loved every minute. Probably raging up there that I didn't go on!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Me thinks that its great these two candidates have come on.But I'm just a wee fan fae Dumfries not a potential candidate for board membership, if I can find the bounce with ease , does raise the old eyebrow why potential fan reps cant before now.
    Remember when I joined one does have tae work ones self in and accept the banter as for me that's of the best things aboot the place.If potential candidates cant take the banter then they will never make it as Fan reps.
    A few weeks back I was ripping BF about his BIG fancy motor , he simply told me tae F#£% ##£% banter and we both shared a laugh.
    I get Barneys well made point also though.So maybe we could have a thread just one for all candidates tae state their case and encourage debate between themselves and bouncers rather than all individual ones, might be a interesting thread.Just a thought

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    343
    Well said heid.

    Respect to the candidates for even coming on here or dotnet, despite what folk may think it still only represents a small % of our overall support. You're in a no-win situation and leaves you open to folk with too much time on their hands getting humpty with you for not responding within 1 hour to their (often) trivial queries. You get an underlying sense of jealousy and some folk can't wait to put the boot in. Also you shouldn't have to "earn your stripes" on these forums to be treated with respect, that too is bull$#@!.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  36. #36
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    Maybe the real issue is that in the main these positions mean little and do nothing for most hibs fans. It's been said many times, is this really fans reps on the board or fans on the board then representing the board. The overall number of votes last time seemed to suggest that interest was low. Not a position I would fancy doing

  37. #37
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then the "Potential board members statements" thread provided a link enabling all bouncers to view the statements of all 9 candidates swh !! Far as I can see the level of debate it engendered was pretty irrelevant regards the actual statements and more of a "do we really need fans reps and what is their role". Did you read the thread or contribute to it??? If so good....if not you don't really have a leg to stand on.I am pretty much with @barney on this in thinking that both ladies have been treated with disdain and borderline hostility. While some pertinent questions were aired wtf is "how many games did you attend out of 50?" or "were you at the game today?" designed to achieve? Deliberately loaded questions which in my mind are unhelpful. I accept that attendance at as many games as possible is a prerequisite of the post and, but really....do we imagine either party would be so dim as to put themselves forward if they were not regular attendees ?Similarly this $#@!in obsession of some that neither were bouncers before they decided to put themselves up for election. That's how life works, do you see your local MP or elected council member daily? NO!!! you see or hear from them when they want votes.Accusations of not replying whilst I, for one, could read two responses from Charlene clearly posted prior to the said allegations. No retraction or apology forthcoming from the accusers. Hibs Class huh??They are not applying to be admins on here ffs.....all they have done is put their head above the parapet, try to introduce themselves and given a brief summary of their viewpoint regarding how they will approach the role. Have the others, Dougan included, done that??. NO...but Frank is fireproof because he "talks to other Hibbies" Big $#@!in wows....don't we all???Did the current incumbents push the Cup winning merchandise issue? The hostility and abuse faced at Ipox? Catering issues? Ticketing issues? The dissatisfaction with the loyalty points issue and subsequent ticket distribution? Just wtf did they achieve?? and if they did how come I never read about it on here?? Talk is cheap and it's so easy to quietly sweep under the carpet the grievances of those who elected you.Talk about a poisoned chalice, but then it will never be my responsibility as a non season ticket holder who has attended one game this season and so am not committed fully to the club..... a fallen Hibby cheers
    Spot on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Frank sits with and talks to his fellow fans every week, home and away.
    Talking to a few of his mates isn't communicating with the wider fan base

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the real issue is that in the main these positions mean little and do nothing for most hibs fans. It's been said many times, is this really fans reps on the board or fans on the board then representing the board. The overall number of votes last time seemed to suggest that interest was low. Not a position I would fancy doing
    Good points. Hardly any votes cast in relation to how many can vote. Frank won cause he's well known

  38. #38
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said heid.

    Respect to the candidates for even coming on here or dotnet, despite what folk may think it still only represents a small % of our overall support. You're in a no-win situation and leaves you open to folk with too much time on their hands getting humpty with you for not responding within 1 hour to their (often) trivial queries. You get an underlying sense of jealousy and some folk can't wait to put the boot in. Also you shouldn't have to "earn your stripes" on these forums to be treated with respect, that too is bull$#@!.

    There's a world of difference between banter and respect .However I respect your opinion even though I think parts of it are bull###£.

  39. #39
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then the "Potential board members statements" thread provided a link enabling all bouncers to view the statements of all 9 candidates swh !! Far as I can see the level of debate it engendered was pretty irrelevant regards the actual statements and more of a "do we really need fans reps and what is their role". Did you read the thread or contribute to it??? If so good....if not you don't really have a leg to stand on.

    I am pretty much with @barney on this in thinking that both ladies have been treated with disdain and borderline hostility. While some pertinent questions were aired wtf is "how many games did you attend out of 50?" or "were you at the game today?" designed to achieve? Deliberately loaded questions which in my mind are unhelpful. I accept that attendance at as many games as possible is a prerequisite of the post and, but really....do we imagine either party would be so dim as to put themselves forward if they were not regular attendees ?

    Similarly this $#@!in obsession of some that neither were bouncers before they decided to put themselves up for election. That's how life works, do you see your local MP or elected council member daily?
    NO!!! you see or hear from them when they want votes.

    Accusations of not replying whilst I, for one, could read two responses from Charlene clearly posted prior to the said allegations. No retraction or apology forthcoming from the accusers. Hibs Class huh??

    They are not applying to be admins on here ffs.....all they have done is put their head above the parapet, try to introduce themselves and given a brief summary of their viewpoint regarding how they will approach the role. Have the others, Dougan included, done that??. NO...but Frank is fireproof because he "talks to other Hibbies" Big $#@!in wows....don't we all???

    Did the current incumbents push the Cup winning merchandise issue? The hostility and abuse faced at Ipox? Catering issues? Ticketing issues? The dissatisfaction with the loyalty points issue and subsequent ticket distribution? Just wtf did they achieve?? and if they did how come I never read about it on here?? Talk is cheap and it's so easy to quietly sweep under the carpet the grievances of those who elected you.

    Talk about a poisoned chalice, but then it will never be my responsibility as a non season ticket holder who has attended one game this season and so am not committed fully to the club..... a fallen Hibby

    cheers
    Morning heid,
    Firstly I did read the statements and agree they where all very bland.I was also was the first to ask Charlene about encouraging more supporters from my area through the turnstiles and she kindly answered.No swipe no rudeness hee haw.
    I do think how many games one attends is important as it gives you information of fan morale , fan experience , a endless list and I for one would want someone who attends on a regular basis that's just my opinion of course.
    I also think that having not been on the bounce before just for a look is kinda questionable and folk have the right to query that as you have tae point out we are merely small percentage of the larger fan base.
    Frank Dougan when I first heard of him I thought was a billy big baws I stated it on here.However as time passed I saw a different Frank , a man not of the social media circus but a man who does his business by talking too many fans listening advising and generally being a very friendly chap who took the time to get to know me not on the internet but as a individual.He got that opportunity by always attending , so attendance is a excellent question Imo.
    As for ibrox I was there and had discussions with Police Scotland , I fought for loyality points, I emailed LD about ticket fiasco etc etc I communicated with fans reps on this and in my opinion no blame lies at their door.They represented us well if LD chooses to ignore the advice what can they do.
    I also think this election is nothing short of utter nonsense if I'm honest.
    It doesn't matter tae me if you are a Hibby who goes tae one game or 50 but when choosing a fan rep it does.
    I didn't really see any real rudness to the girls depends on your level of tolerance I suppose but they both came on here ill prepared with little research not very professional.
    Just some of my thoughts heid , also why not set up a thread for those who want more info with bounce questions looked at by admin and invite them all to answer .

  40. #40
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4651 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1109
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morning heid,Firstly I did read the statements and agree they where all very bland.I was also was the first to ask Charlene about encouraging more supporters from my area through the turnstiles and she kindly answered.No swipe no rudeness hee haw.I do think how many games one attends is important as it gives you information of fan morale , fan experience , a endless list and I for one would want someone who attends on a regular basis that's just my opinion of course.I also think that having not been on the bounce before just for a look is kinda questionable and folk have the right to query that as you have tae point out we are merely small percentage of the larger fan base.Frank Dougan when I first heard of him I thought was a billy big baws I stated it on here.However as time passed I saw a different Frank , a man not of the social media circus but a man who does his business by talking too many fans listening advising and generally being a very friendly chap who took the time to get to know me not on the internet but as a individual.He got that opportunity by always attending , so attendance is a excellent question Imo.As for ibrox I was there and had discussions with Police Scotland , I fought for loyality points, I emailed LD about ticket fiasco etc etc I communicated with fans reps on this and in my opinion no blame lies at their door.They represented us well if LD chooses to ignore the advice what can they do.I also think this election is nothing short of utter nonsense if I'm honest. It doesn't matter tae me if you are a Hibby who goes tae one game or 50 but when choosing a fan rep it does.I didn't really see any real rudness to the girls depends on your level of tolerance I suppose but they both came on here ill prepared with little research not very professional.Just some of my thoughts heid , also why not set up a thread for those who want more info with bounce questions looked at by admin and invite them all to answer .
    Excellent response.

  41. #41
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    There does seem to be some hostility. If I decided to go for the position, then no doubt I would want to find out how many different eb sites/facebook sites etc are out there to let myself be known. Further to this there are often comments made about dot net here which may put some people off using this site. I dunno if there are similar comments on the net but if so then the same would be sad about them. I do understand that the problem is a few individuals here do not get on with a few individuals over there, but to those who are unaware of these issues, words like taliban.net is not very helpful. That is a wider issue, but a real issue that threatens to polarise or isolate some Hibbies.

    I voted for Amit last time and someone else. I only did as a result of reading profiles, and Amit was not a regular at all on the bounce beforehand. Hats off to anyone who puts theirselves forward and we should be gracious enough to listen. Personally I dunno why Mark doesn't go for it, because he would certianly get a lot of support here, but then again might face the problem of not being welcomed at dot net, but I dunno. I dont go to dot net, simply because my account doesnt work and I cant be bothered re-registering with a new e-mail addy.

    We talk of being a large family, so we should welcome any Hibs supporters here and accept them as such. I am of course talking in terms of a footballing family as it is clear many would as a whole be miles apart on political, religious, cultural and social beliefs or interests. In fact many supporters could only tolerate each other within the context of football and Hibs talk.

    One thing that does happen and has been pointed out is that there may be individuals who are simply on an ego trip. That is always going to happen, and some people might think that they have found some importance in being associated with Hibs as a fans director. I would hope the people voted in are interested in the wider fan base, and not the popularity they might assume afterwards...but then we all fall victim to false pride at some point.

    I have no idea if a fan on the board makes a difference, but at worst at least Amit has reported back on a few things and also hopefully raised some issues pertinent to us.

    I would like to know peoples thoughts on Stanton. Is he too connected with the board already to be a fans rep? He does not to my knowledge post on the bounce, would he be welcome to or given the same loaded questions on arrival here? Is he likely to ever post here if he did get the gig?

    As has been pointed out Frank has never posted here and the only time I heard anything from him was at a supporters meeting with Leanne soon after she arrived here. I found him and his mate, though mostly was his mate, being a bit being a bit aggressive in terms of trying to talk over everyone else. The only other time I really saw him was when Mark asked him if he knew anyone selling tickets at Dumbarton when I turned up empty handed, he couldn;t help so whats the point in being a rep if you have no influence to help people into games last point was a joke btw

  42. #42
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent response.
    Thank you Where you at the game yesterday

  43. #43
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    @heid don't think it's unreasonable to ask a London based candidate how many games they make it to? Not sure why you have taken exception to this question.
    until the sky turns green

  44. #44
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4651 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1109
    And just to clear something up for @heid.
    I've looked back at the thread charlene started and noticed the couple of responses from her. These were not there when folk (including myself) were still asking why she had not responded. The reason for this as we have since found out is the posts were sitting waiting to be moderated and only appeared once the admins released them.
    So I'll no be apologising for my posts and my point still stands - she was happily replying to posts on taliban.net on Friday during the day but took her till 12.30am on saturday to reply to anyone on here.
    She can bolt as far as I'm concerned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you Where you at the game yesterday
    I'm afraid I'm 0/3.

  45. #45
    Doonhamer Radge


    south west hiby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Holywood, south west scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And just to clear something up for @heid.
    I've looked back at the thread charlene started and noticed the couple of responses from her. These were not there when folk (including myself) were still asking why she had not responded. The reason for this as we have since found out is the posts were sitting waiting to be moderated and only appeared once the admins released them.
    So I'll no be apologising for my posts and my point still stands - she was happily replying to posts on taliban.net on Friday during the day but took her till 12.30am on saturday to reply to anyone on here.
    She can bolt as far as I'm concerned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm afraid I'm 0/3.
    I would still vote for you

  46. #46
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morning heid,
    Firstly I did read the statements and agree they where all very bland.I was also was the first to ask Charlene about encouraging more supporters from my area through the turnstiles and she kindly answered.No swipe no rudeness hee haw.
    I do think how many games one attends is important as it gives you information of fan morale , fan experience , a endless list and I for one would want someone who attends on a regular basis that's just my opinion of course.
    I also think that having not been on the bounce before just for a look is kinda questionable and folk have the right to query that as you have tae point out we are merely small percentage of the larger fan base.
    Frank Dougan when I first heard of him I thought was a billy big baws I stated it on here.However as time passed I saw a different Frank , a man not of the social media circus but a man who does his business by talking too many fans listening advising and generally being a very friendly chap who took the time to get to know me not on the internet but as a individual.He got that opportunity by always attending , so attendance is a excellent question Imo.
    As for ibrox I was there and had discussions with Police Scotland , I fought for loyality points, I emailed LD about ticket fiasco etc etc I communicated with fans reps on this and in my opinion no blame lies at their door.They represented us well if LD chooses to ignore the advice what can they do.
    I also think this election is nothing short of utter nonsense if I'm honest.
    It doesn't matter tae me if you are a Hibby who goes tae one game or 50 but when choosing a fan rep it does.
    I didn't really see any real rudness to the girls depends on your level of tolerance I suppose but they both came on here ill prepared with little research not very professional.
    Just some of my thoughts heid , also why not set up a thread for those who want more info with bounce questions looked at by admin and invite them all to answer .
    Well said, I agree.

    People may not like my blunt question about attending games, but I consider it a key element of being a fans rep.

    As NW stated and Shrink often suggests, the role is not so much a Fans rep, but the boards representative to the fans, with, imho very little say in the boardroom.

    Well done to the two candidates for introducing themselves and their plans here and on Hibs Net, its more than any of the others have done to date. Ihave made my mind up about one of my votes, but am opened minded about the other, so happy to see what all potential candidates can offer us the fans.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  47. #47
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3468
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would still vote for you
    I wouldnae.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  48. #48
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4651 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1109
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldnae.
    How does that not surprise me.

  49. #49
    Roots Rock Radge Dunc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    53
    Hi Tracey.

    Thanks for taking the time to come on here and share your reasons for standing for Supporters Rep. Your work with the children's panel and the Multi-Cultural Family Base at matches sounds interesting, and would no doubt bring a fresh perspective to the role. Football clubs and their social functions are changing, and I know the importance that LD places upon families and inclusion in that process. Good luck in your candidacy.

  50. #50
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bathgate
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Tracey.

    Thanks for taking the time to come on here and share your reasons for standing for Supporters Rep. Your work with the children's panel and the Multi-Cultural Family Base at matches sounds interesting, and would no doubt bring a fresh perspective to the role. Football clubs and their social functions are changing, and I know the importance that LD places upon families and inclusion in that process. Good luck in your candidacy.
    Thank you appreciate it. The kids we took with the Multi-Cultural Family Base were lovely kids and it was all about making them feel part of the community. Their footballing knowledge was really good and loved my chats with the kids at the matches. They do some great work with the community.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Walter Smith
    By Landells in forum General 'Fitba' Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-10, 13:04
  2. Smith!!
    By roshi-hfc in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-01-10, 22:32
  3. And Smith must go...
    By Sean in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-05-09, 13:51
  4. Gordon Smith?
    By Green Sleeves in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-01-08, 14:19

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •