Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 80 of 80

Thread: Hello from Charlene

  1. #51
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1768 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Tricky,

    Well, the last year was probably my lowest number of games in a season – I attended at least 15. I’m sure this is probably not the number you’re looking for, but then I wasn’t a fan rep or campaigning to be one last year, and it was an unusually low number for me. It was my 12th consecutive season as a season ticket holder, and over the years I’ve travelled across the country and overseas to follow Hibs. At one point, the only game I’d missed in a three-year period was the away tie to Dnipro.

    Of course, should I be selected as a fan representative I expect to get to many more games – however, while I agree that it’s important that the fan reps have a fairly regular attendance and have a good understanding about what the matchday experience is home and away, I don’t think this is the be all and end all. The club are pulling in 10,000+ at home games, so just being there and being available on match day in my view is simply not enough to get a good understanding of fans views – many fans don’t attend every week themselves after all. That’s why I’ve said my focus will be on trying to be more systematic in gathering fan views from as many sources as possible, as I think this is what the key role of the fan representative is – understanding the views, putting them to the board effectively, and then feeding them back to fans.

    Cheers,

    Charlene
    Thanks for the reply Charlene and also for registering/ posting on here, I will respond in more detail later on.
    until the sky turns green

  2. #52
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Some of you may have already seen this, but all 9 candidates for the supporters representative will be at the Hibs club, Sunnyside on Tuesday evening for a meet and great session with fans. More information here.

    The club will also be streaming the event live for supporters who cannot attend, and I've asked if it will be possible for fans following the stream to ask questions of the candidates. I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

    Hope to meet some of you there, and in the meantime more than happy to take any questions you may have online.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  3. #53
    Radge Donator


    brianmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    483
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I've not read every post on the Bounce today, but my questions would be:

    What's the point of these fans rep positions?

    What have the previous incumbents achieved?

    What do the potential future reps think they'll be able to achieve?

    From my current viewpoint my answers to the above questions would be:
    Pointless
    Nothing I'm aware of
    Time will tell(maybe).

    I'm aware that me merely being a shareholder and a season ticket holder for the last 27 years doesn't automatically qualify me as being a 'good hibby' - but all the same I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of fellow Bouncers and the candidates on these matters.

  4. #54
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I've not read every post on the Bounce today, but my questions would be:

    What's the point of these fans rep positions?

    What have the previous incumbents achieved?

    What do the potential future reps think they'll be able to achieve?

    From my current viewpoint my answers to the above questions would be:
    Pointless
    Nothing I'm aware of
    Time will tell(maybe).

    I'm aware that me merely being a shareholder and a season ticket holder for the last 27 years doesn't automatically qualify me as being a 'good hibby' - but all the same I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of fellow Bouncers and the candidates on these matters.
    Hi brianmc,

    I can give you my thoughts on these three questions.

    I think the point of these positions is to ensure that there are two people on the board who are focused on gathering the views of the supporters, and feeding back the outcomes of the board discussions to ensure that fans feel engaged with the club, and have confidence that the board is making decisions with the best available information.

    The current fan reps have started with a blank sheet of paper, and done the work to establish these positions on the board. They have made themselves available for fans to feed in their views, and I'm sure done their best to represent these to the board.

    There are two areas I'd like to focus my attention on, should I be selected. Firstly, I want to do more to try and actively gather views from a wider section of the fan base. Given there are tens of thousands of members of online forums like Bounce, and thousands of Hibs fans who engage with the club on social media, I think we really could be doing more to discuss issues, gather opinions and then present the board with a much deeper understanding of supporters concerns/ priorities and so on.

    Secondly, I want to ensure that fans can see something come out of these board meetings. We should be publishing minutes and giving debriefs of the discussions that have taken place, so fans can be confident that the board are made aware of their concerns and suggestions. Obviously, there will be some limits of how much can be discussed - the board needs to be able to discuss commercially sensitive matters confidentially, and can't commit to actions without scoping and so on, but I think there is a big opportunity currently to improve this feedback process.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  5. #55
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    I'm not convinced to vote for Charlene but credit to her for coming on here and dot net and engaging.

    I think Charlene though does need to outline more of a vision of how her voted on the board could give positive difference to what we already have?
    Last edited by Smurf; 29-01-17 at 23:17.

  6. #56
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1768 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Tricky,

    Well, the last year was probably my lowest number of games in a season – I attended at least 15. I’m sure this is probably not the number you’re looking for, but then I wasn’t a fan rep or campaigning to be one last year, and it was an unusually low number for me. It was my 12th consecutive season as a season ticket holder, and over the years I’ve travelled across the country and overseas to follow Hibs. At one point, the only game I’d missed in a three-year period was the away tie to Dnipro.

    Of course, should I be selected as a fan representative I expect to get to many more games – however, while I agree that it’s important that the fan reps have a fairly regular attendance and have a good understanding about what the matchday experience is home and away, I don’t think this is the be all and end all. The club are pulling in 10,000+ at home games, so just being there and being available on match day in my view is simply not enough to get a good understanding of fans views – many fans don’t attend every week themselves after all. That’s why I’ve said my focus will be on trying to be more systematic in gathering fan views from as many sources as possible, as I think this is what the key role of the fan representative is – understanding the views, putting them to the board effectively, and then feeding them back to fans.

    Cheers,

    Charlene
    thanks again for the response, I think that these roles may be best suited to someone with a fair amount of free time and flexibility, how many hours per week roughly will be required do you think? guessing 10-20?

    are board meetings typically midweek during the day?

    if you live in London and are struggling to make a lot of games to me that would be a barrier to voting for you although I like some of the things you have said.
    until the sky turns green

  7. #57
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    923
    What about asking all candidates to give an honest answer for their reasoning behind applying.
    There would be some absolute pish answers given and it would enable the small percentage who give a fcuk/vote to separate out a few of the gobshites at the initial stages.

    I'd be interested to know why anyone would be interested in a thankless task that's going to generate more grief than benefits.

    Dougan - revels in the role of well kent Hibby and would relish a bit of inside information from the board room.
    Amit - Career benefits. CV/LinkedIn etc probably updated before even measured for the blazer.

    I reckon these two guys have done a reasonable job given the limitations in what they can actually achieve but it's time for other masochists to be given a crack of the whip.

    Regards

  8. #58
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2194 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about asking all candidates to give an honest answer for their reasoning behind applying.
    There would be some absolute pish answers given and it would enable the small percentage who give a fcuk/vote to separate out a few of the gobshites at the initial stages.

    I'd be interested to know why anyone would be interested in a thankless task that's going to generate more grief than benefits.

    Dougan - revels in the role of well kent Hibby and would relish a bit of inside information from the board room.
    Amit - Career benefits. CV/LinkedIn etc probably updated before even measured for the blazer.

    I reckon these two guys have done a reasonable job given the limitations in what they can actually achieve but it's time for other masochists to be given a crack of the whip.

    Regards



    Does make you wonder if there is so many people out there wishing to be involved if a volunteer team should be set up. One that not only hands tickets out but attends different venues/gala days/meets business people for corporate activities etc and actively promotes the club.

  9. #59
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello. As you might have seen I'm standing for one of the fan rep positions. I know I have never participated in this forum before but I felt it was important to introduce myself and give you all the chance to ask questions. I will be active on here through out the election and obviously would use this forum as one of many ways to gather your thoughts if I was to get elected.
    Thanks for your reply. Please could you come back on my point on cost of adult season ticket

  10. #60
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not convinced to vote for Charlene but credit to her for coming on here and dot net and engaging.

    I think Charlene though does need to outline more of a vision of how her voted on the board could give positive difference to what we already have?
    Hi Smurf,

    I'll try to do so here.

    The two areas I'd really like to focus on are making the role more proactive in getting as many of supporters voices heard as possible, and in doing more to share the results of these discussions back with the supporters.

    I think having fan reps on the board is great, but I'm a little concerned that there currently doesn't appear to be an effort to collect as many views as possible - not all fans have the time to meet with a rep, or attend a working together session - but that doesn't mean these views aren't valuable.

    I created this forum account just a few days ago, and yet have received a wide variety of questions, comments and views. We should be doing more to take advantage of the large numbers of fan groups online as well as views from face to face meetings - I'd do this by summarising my preparation for each board meeting and sharing it in advance. This will let fans see the issues that are topical, and promote a better discussion, ultimately leading to the board being better informed.

    I also want to see more coming out of the board meetings. I want to see minutes being published online, and I also want to offer fans short debrief videos after meetings where I can give my initial feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for your reply. Please could you come back on my point on cost of adult season ticket
    Hi Greenpower,

    I can give you my thoughts on the season ticket price, and I believe you also asked about the loyalty points.

    On the loyalty points, I think this is a great example of why we need to be doing more to engage with supporters before making big changes. Any one persons opinion isn't all that important - what's important is making sure that no people are too adversely affected. For example, I personally wasn't affected by the points system being introduced in its original form - I had enough points to get all the tickets I needed, and if anything it was a mild positive as I knew I was guaranteed the chance to buy, and didn't need to queue overnight. However, I understand from friends and family that many people were impacted in ways which could have been anticipated - family and friends no longer able to buy tickets together (and therefore possibly not sit together for away or cup games) and so on.

    Had fans been able to consider draft proposals and consider the impact it would have on them personally, we could have identified some of these problems and introduced a more balanced system.

    On the price of the season ticket, again as above any one persons view isn't all that valuable - we need to understand how supporters as a whole feel about this. I'm also not sure that it would be right for me to make any suggestions about changes in the ticket price, as these would more than likely be empty promises which I could not keep. After all, the position I'm putting myself forward for is fans representative, not commercial director!



    It's been confirmed that no questions will be taken from those watching online at tomorrow evening's session - however I'm more than happy to take any questions you may have on here.

    Cheers.

    Charlene

  11. #61
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thanks again for the response, I think that these roles may be best suited to someone with a fair amount of free time and flexibility, how many hours per week roughly will be required do you think? guessing 10-20?

    are board meetings typically midweek during the day?

    if you live in London and are struggling to make a lot of games to me that would be a barrier to voting for you although I like some of the things you have said.
    I'm not sure exactly how many hours - but I'm comfortable it's a commitment I can manage.

    In the last few years, as well as working full time I've completed a part time qualification as a personal trainer, established and led the West of Edinburgh Marie Curie fundraising group, trained for 17 marathons and of course traveled home regularly to watch Hibs.

    Board meetings are mid-week during the day, but I do work from Edinburgh on a regular basis and will not miss a single meeting, should I be selected by the fans.

    I've been open that last year was my lowest attendance since I started going to Easter Road - by quite a margin, and it was largely due to completing my part time qualification which took up every second weekend for a six month period. Now this may sound like excuses, but I just want to show that I love getting to as many games as possible, home and away, and as a fan representative I'd certainly be going to more than I did last season.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  12. #62
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure exactly how many hours - but I'm comfortable it's a commitment I can manage.

    In the last few years, as well as working full time I've completed a part time qualification as a personal trainer, established and led the West of Edinburgh Marie Curie fundraising group, trained for 17 marathons and of course traveled home regularly to watch Hibs.

    Board meetings are mid-week during the day, but I do work from Edinburgh on a regular basis and will not miss a single meeting, should I be selected by the fans.

    I've been open that last year was my lowest attendance since I started going to Easter Road - by quite a margin, and it was largely due to completing my part time qualification which took up every second weekend for a six month period. Now this may sound like excuses, but I just want to show that I love getting to as many games as possible, home and away, and as a fan representative I'd certainly be going to more than I did last season.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

    Hi Charlene

    I'm not knocking the fact that you live and work in London [I used to do it myself] but I noted from the list of requirements a fans rep is expected to adhere to that there are ad hoc meetings that you would be expected to attend. Given that you do reside in London for a good part of the year how would you reassure everyone that you would be able to attend such meetings some of which might presumably be called at short notice. I might be asking a question about nothing of course because the meetings may be fanfared well in advance but if they arent, what's your plan?
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  13. #63
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Charlene

    I'm not knocking the fact that you live and work in London [I used to do it myself] but I noted from the list of requirements a fans rep is expected to adhere to that there are ad hoc meetings that you would be expected to attend. Given that you do reside in London for a good part of the year how would you reassure everyone that you would be able to attend such meetings some of which might presumably be called at short notice. I might be asking a question about nothing of course because the meetings may be fanfared well in advance but if they arent, what's your plan?
    Hi Dub,

    It's a fair question.

    I travel to Edinburgh on a regular basis - it's only an hour by plane or just over 4 hours by train, less than some journeys to away games within Scotland!

    I do work full time (as do a number of other candidates), and so there are of course limits on how much anyone could be 'on call', but my work can be flexible and I can react to late changes. I'm writing this message to you from a train just now as I head north for this evening's hustings, and over the years I've had a lot of experience of changing travel arrangements due to last minute changes in kick off time (thanks TV coverage!).

    I also work remotely from Edinburgh, so it won't be a case if me having just enough time to attend a game or board meeting, I'd be able to meet supporters before and after as well.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  14. #64
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6625 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    1982
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Dub,

    It's a fair question.

    I travel to Edinburgh on a regular basis - it's only an hour by plane or just over 4 hours by train, less than some journeys to away games within Scotland!

    I do work full time (as do a number of other candidates), and so there are of course limits on how much anyone could be 'on call', but my work can be flexible and I can react to late changes. I'm writing this message to you from a train just now as I head north for this evening's hustings, and over the years I've had a lot of experience of changing travel arrangements due to last minute changes in kick off time (thanks TV coverage!).

    I also work remotely from Edinburgh, so it won't be a case if me having just enough time to attend a game or board meeting, I'd be able to meet supporters before and after as well.

    Cheers,

    Charlene
    Thanks for the response Charlene.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  15. #65
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5531 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3467
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the response Charlene.
    I commute most weeks to the smoke, no flight is an hour, as you have the at least hour either side and onward transport to consider.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  16. #66
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I commute most weeks to the smoke, no flight is an hour, as you have the at least hour either side and onward transport to consider.
    The lass may have her own private jet which would cut the time down.
    I understand your wee chopper may not rise to the occasion just as quickly.

  17. #67
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I commute most weeks to the smoke, no flight is an hour, as you have the at least hour either side and onward transport to consider.
    I'd say overall in my experience the train is about the same time.

  18. #68
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5531 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3467
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lass may have her own private jet which would cut the time down.
    I understand your wee chopper may not rise to the occasion just as quickly.
    Maybe, but it lasts longer than the four hour trip to London.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  19. #69
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4382 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1848
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say overall in my experience the train is about the same time.
    I never fly to London, just don't get why folk would opt for that over the far more pleasant train.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never fly to London, just don't get why folk would opt for that over the far more pleasant train.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last employer insisted flying was quicker and meant I could get more work done on my journey. Clueless fuds. If I'm choosing it's as you say train every time.

  21. #71
    Radge Private Member
    moathibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    55
    When are we going to get heated seats in the East?

  22. #72
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    749 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say overall in my experience the train is about the same time.
    Depends on a lot of things but all going well I can be in the centre of London in under 3 hours via London City. Train is 4.15 to Kings X if you're lucky. I'd rather get the train but flying sometimes means I can get up with the kids In the morning, go to London and tuck them in at night.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  23. #73
    Radge Private Member
    vasco de gama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never fly to London, just don't get why folk would opt for that over the far more pleasant train.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had some really pleasant train journeys to and from London but also some horrors. In my experience I guess the main reason is that the train is more regularly delayed by a very long time (particularly on Sundays) and if you are stuck on a train for 3 or 4 hours somewhere between Peterbourgh and York it is a truly depressing day. Also nowadays I find the Plane is often cheaper than taking a train - particularly if travelling as a family.

    We took the plane (EasyJet) from Gatwick to Edinburgh when we were over at Christmas. The cab from Stockwell to Gatwick was about 40 quid and took less time as we'd have had to spend getting up to Euston on the Underground - which would cost about 12 quid I think (kids go free on all London transport!) but obviously the hassle of carting all our bags, carseats and the 3 kids would have been a nightmare. If we'd taken a cab to Euston I'm sure it would have cost the same if not more than the cab to Gatwick and taken a similar time. When we got to Gatwick Easyjet has a dedicated check in and security area for families so it was a breeze. I reckon timewise it took us about 4 hours door to door using the Plane and would have been about 7 by the train (provided the train ran to time). Cost wise it was way cheaper for the Plane tickets even with the luggage charge.

    As far as Charlene's trips to emergency board meetings I would imagine its as doable for her as half the permanent board members who probably spend a lot of time out of Edinburgh. To be honest I'm more interested in what a candidate would do at the regular meetings they can attend rather than the ability to attend emergency meetings that are probably called for things where the fans rep voice will not be seen as important. She says she will make every regular meeting. I suggest that she makes the pledge that if she fails to attend at least 80% of the regular meetings in the first year she stands down. Really all the board members should be held to that pledge tbh.

  24. #74
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    A decent start to the electioneering Chazza.
    Pity that Hibs Retro is now canvassing on your behalf. I think that may lose you quite a few votes.

  25. #75
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A decent start to the electioneering Chazza.
    Pity that Hibs Retro is now canvassing on your behalf. I think that may lose you quite a few votes.
    If there's a connection there, I'm out.
    GGTTH

  26. #76
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A decent start to the electioneering Chazza.
    Pity that Hibs Retro is now canvassing on your behalf. I think that may lose you quite a few votes.
    Thanks Sir Shrink,

    I think the key part of this role is developing connections to as many groups of fans as possible, and I'm fairly pleased with the start I've made. I certainly don't want to be excluding anyone at all.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vasco de gama View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had some really pleasant train journeys to and from London but also some horrors. In my experience I guess the main reason is that the train is more regularly delayed by a very long time (particularly on Sundays) and if you are stuck on a train for 3 or 4 hours somewhere between Peterbourgh and York it is a truly depressing day. Also nowadays I find the Plane is often cheaper than taking a train - particularly if travelling as a family.

    We took the plane (EasyJet) from Gatwick to Edinburgh when we were over at Christmas. The cab from Stockwell to Gatwick was about 40 quid and took less time as we'd have had to spend getting up to Euston on the Underground - which would cost about 12 quid I think (kids go free on all London transport!) but obviously the hassle of carting all our bags, carseats and the 3 kids would have been a nightmare. If we'd taken a cab to Euston I'm sure it would have cost the same if not more than the cab to Gatwick and taken a similar time. When we got to Gatwick Easyjet has a dedicated check in and security area for families so it was a breeze. I reckon timewise it took us about 4 hours door to door using the Plane and would have been about 7 by the train (provided the train ran to time). Cost wise it was way cheaper for the Plane tickets even with the luggage charge.

    As far as Charlene's trips to emergency board meetings I would imagine its as doable for her as half the permanent board members who probably spend a lot of time out of Edinburgh. To be honest I'm more interested in what a candidate would do at the regular meetings they can attend rather than the ability to attend emergency meetings that are probably called for things where the fans rep voice will not be seen as important. She says she will make every regular meeting. I suggest that she makes the pledge that if she fails to attend at least 80% of the regular meetings in the first year she stands down. Really all the board members should be held to that pledge tbh.
    Hi Vasco da gama,

    I'm more than happy to make that pledge - if I only attended 80% I'd be very disappointed. I expect to get to every meeting, and I'm more than happy to say that should I not attend the vast, vast majority of all board meetings (and only missing a meeting where there are exceptional circumstances), I will step down - to be honest as it's a key part of the role I would expect this to be the case whoever the representatives are.

    Thanks,

    Charlene

  27. #77
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weehibbydrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there's a connection there, I'm out.
    Hi Weehibbydrew,


    I'll try to clarify, Hibs Retro reached out to me after the candidates were announced and kindly offered to endorse me. I didn't have a pre-existing relationship with them, or any other group apart from HSL, to which I'm a subscriber.

    I was happy to see the endorsement as the page has around 16,500 followers - from the start I've been clear that I was to try and communicate with as many Hibs fans as I can.

    Cheers,

    Charlene

  28. #78
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Weehibbydrew,


    I'll try to clarify, Hibs Retro reached out to me after the candidates were announced and kindly offered to endorse me. I didn't have a pre-existing relationship with them, or any other group apart from HSL, to which I'm a subscriber.

    I was happy to see the endorsement as the page has around 16,500 followers - from the start I've been clear that I was to try and communicate with as many Hibs fans as I can.


    Charlene
    Hi Charlene. He might endorse you, but I'd like to think there wouldn't be a vice versa. There's a thread on the PM forum. See @Jack for further details!
    Btw, I've changed my mind. It would be unfair to make that a game changer.
    GGTTH

  29. #79
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    As its derby week, I’ve been thinking of seven reasons to vote Charlene.

    1) Experience: Project management and commercial background show I have the strong communication, stakeholder management and people skills needed to be a success in the role.

    2) Passion: I’ve been Hibs daft all my life, and I understand what a privilege it would be to work with the club and the support. I’ve done the dreary long drives to and from Inverness/ Dingwall arriving hours early to see the players bus get in, I’ve queued for tickets from the early hours and tasted the highs at Hampden (2007, 2016) as well as those crushing lows (2001, 2012, 2013, 2016).

    3) Open: I’ve pledged to share with fans my preparation for board meetings so that everyone can see the conversations I’ve been having, and which fans views are being represented. We are a diverse support, and this will ensure that I represent you all.

    4) Two-way communication: I’ve also pledged to take steps to improve how much you hear from the fans reps and the club. I’ll arrange for minutes to be shared following the board meetings and offer my own debriefs online, so I can be held to account and so you are updated on key issues.

    5) Accessible: I’ll be approachable, at games and events but also online (Hibs.net, Hibeesbounce, Facebook, Twitter and email). I know fans are busy and can’t always make the time to come up and speak to reps, so I’ll be reaching out to take on board as many of your views as possible.

    6) Perseverance: Ask anyone that knows me, I don’t know when to quit! I’ve run marathons, an ultra-marathon and triathlons, and I’ll bring that drive to this role when representing your views.

    7) Energy: I’m not in this to make up the numbers, if you choose me you’ll be getting a rep who will work their socks off to succeed in this role.

    Just like Hearts in 1973, I can’t come up with anything in reply as to why not!

  30. #80
    Baby Radge C Feeney-Seale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Just wanted to say a massive thanks to the fans for engaging with me in an exciting last six weeks since it was announced I was standing to be a Hibs fan rep.

    All the candidates, and virtually all their supporters have been Hibs class throughout this voting period, and regardless of who wins the club will have two dedicated fans on the board, doing their best to represent all supporters.

    It's been a pleasure to be involved, now just waiting for results.

    #GGTTH

GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •