Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was a right good scudding we gave them.....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was a right good scudding we gave them.....

Well Neil Lennon took this game seriously and I thank him for it. Without ever really getting out of second gear we gave the Junior side, their fans and lots of guntish fuds in their end a right hammering. Only changes were enforced I think, with Forster in for David Gray, Captain and winning goal scorer in the 2016 Cup Final, eight months on to the day from that beautiful day in May.

Pre match I supped Black Gold and IPA with my Laddie and Big G whilst ripping the pish out of two Huns in the pub to watch their new team. What a laugh, they were typically hunnish, it was easy. A short hop on the bus and we were in the Guntery, a sorry shambolic $#@!ehole of a place I have to say.

We lined up with Rocky in Goals, Daz and Liam at Centre Half, Lewis at left back, John McGinn appeared to be the holding role, with Humphrey out wide on the right, Keats just behind the front two, Shinnie with a free roving role, and Holt and Jase up front.
    Bonnyrigg lined up with Pugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb, Captain was Flack and Windy Miller, Brackett and Bilton up front. Or whatever, I have no idea, sorry.

The Team

Rocky was hurt early in the game and was replaced by the very competent Laidlaw who had no chance at the penalty and otherwise gave his usual steady performance.

Forster replaced Sir David of Hampden and showed he is nae right back. I thought he was awfy easy beat and gave away a silly penalty. I suppose its no easy if you are not playing often. Scored a goal though, which is good.

Darren strolled through the game, takes nae prisoners and really is a class defender and fine replacement captain of Hibernian.
    Fontaine done fine, he is no one that sets the heather on fire for me, but done enough.

Lewis enjoyed going forwards, set up one good goal and scored another. Looked like he was enjoying it too.

Super John was back and did not have his best game, much as we all love him, best if he is to have a bit of an off day, its against a junior team in the cup.

Shinnie blows hot and cold for Hibs, when cold he is usless, when hot, he really is a very good football player. Today he was hot, on fire, roasty toasty, scalding, burning hot. He ran the game and scored a goal too, sending us on our way.

Keats was excellent today, scoring two very, very well taken goals, wanting the ball, being productive when he got it and looking like the player he has really been most of the season when fit. I like Keats.

Humphrey didn’t get enough of the ball, certainly in front of him and had a quiet game really. Again he scored though, which is good for his confidence.

Holt too had a very decent game, he was all over their defence and worked very hard for his team mates. Even today though, he cannae core, even when given a gilt edged chance which Jason duly stuck home.

Jason has improved his overall game since he returned to the starting eleven and is better with the ball than he was. He scored two, if he had stayed on for the whole game, I reckon he would have bagged at least a hatrick.

Subs

Laidlaw replaced Rocky early and had his steady game again. As I said before, he had no chance at the well taken penalty.

Fraser Fyvie came on for Super John and upped our tempo. Isn’t it fantastic when we can take John off and replace him with the quality of Fraser.

Boyler came on for Jase and ran at the tired Rose defence, might have scored if he could keep himself onside?

I though Neil and Gary got it spot on, we put out a strong team, whilst never really hitting top or gear, we totally demolished Bonnyrigg. I asked for that before the match, I am glad we delivered. That is the correct approach Hibs. Good work guys, thanks for that.

Bonnyrigg had no chance, they started poorly and were 3 nil down before they realised the game had got going. I have not joined the love in I have to say, however I will say I am delighted Bonnyrigg Rose will make lots of much needed money to keep their local club going in the right direction and I hope the real Rose fans enjoyed their day, result aside. The arsehole gunts Five One-ing us all game, and booing Hibs players, well get it up ye, your money comes to Hibs too, you stupid fuds. I hope that big nosed liar that plays for Raith scores a last minute winner tomorrow to knock you out.

Football wise, I thought the Rose did not sit and try to gain a replay, they played open attacking football and tried their best. It was no where near good enough on the day for them though.

The referee was fine, if they dinnae have me out my seat, I give them pass marks.

Man of the Match was easy, Andrew Shinnie was magnificent all the way through, try and do it every week pal.

A wee mention on the crowd, Hibernian were away from home today, we sold out 8000 tickets, indeed the last four Hibernian games we have played, the Hibs end has sold out. It may very well be the first time that has happened in Hibs history? Well done Hibernians, that is how we will rise again, getting behind our team.

Finally, can I wish a very Hibby Birthday to Big G, SKII and my Hibs daft nephew Allan, Hibs certainly delivered a good present to you, Big G, I hope you enjoyed Birthday Black Gold, what a laugh with the hun numpties, Allan I hope that Hibs gear is what you wanted and SKII, I ken that drip didnae spoil a good day at the Guntery.

See you all in Dumfries next week.

Hibernian Forever.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Might be wrong but I thought we played a back 3 today with Humphrey as a RWB? If Forster was at right back he didn't go forward anywhere near enough! Great summary though! Some fans were suggesting that Bonnyrigg's penalty was a dive? Did anyone see it? I was too far away to pass judgement.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmLee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might be wrong but I thought we played a back 3 today with Humphrey as a RWB? If Forster was at right back he didn't go forward anywhere near enough! Great summary though! Some fans were suggesting that Bonnyrigg's penalty was a dive? Did anyone see it? I was too far away to pass judgement.
    You may be right there, the shape was hard to work out, partly because Bonnyrigg actually came at us.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Hamesick Radge

Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1387 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report mark . Very much appreciated as per . Watched on that periscope thingy . Better than nowt i suppose !😉

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought we played a back 4 as well tbh..although I'd agree that Forster never really went forward.

Regardless the shape was largely irrelevant as today was more about mentality. This imo is where Lennon excels. I thought we were mostly excellent today..we matched Bonnyrigg for effort in the all important first 20 mins and took the chances that came our way.

For me Shinnie was motm..at times you wonder why he isnt playing at a higher level as his awareness of where his marker his and way he manipulates the ball are class. If he could eliminate those periods in a game (not particularly today) where his first touch goes to pot we'd have a real player on the books.

I also enjoyed watching Keats today..he has so much ability..I just wish he'd impose himself on games more often. Perhaps a run of injury free games would see him do that..if so I don't think anyone would be surprised..we appreciate his ability we just need to see it on a consistent basis.

All in all a decent day out in a stadium that always makes you feel like it's a drab Sunday. I hate that tip..however it's always good to see us win by a 7 goal margin there..make sure you remind the cardigan wearing boring gunt $#@!s on Monday.

Still holders...

Cmon Raith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great view from the front row

DSC01202 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

DSC00984 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    DSC00984 by Darren Healy, on Flickr
    Ah, now I think I see where they got the idea for those stupid away strip colours from...
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    Ah, now I think I see where they got the idea for those stupid away strip colours from...
    There was a great video from a Northampton (I think) game recently

EDIT this one

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    @Forzahibs

Absolutely brilliant!
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    vCash
    raging, was putting bet on Ibs to win by 4 or more...and forgot Im waiting on a new card being sent out, so online transaction didnt work...15/8 not great odds but woulda paid a few days petrol money

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    raging, was putting bet on Ibs to win by 4 or more...and forgot Im waiting on a new card being sent out, so online transaction didnt work...15/8 not great odds but woulda paid a few days petrol money
    I had hibs to win 8-1 @100/1 a wee fiver on

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFUS View Post

I had hibs to win 8-1 @100/1 a wee fiver on
    well done mate great result, enjoy your winnings.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)
    vCash
    It was never a penalty and the challenge ? On Humphrey near the end by the no.5 was crude and calculated.
    We strolled it , the early goal partly chucked in by the keeper was exactly what we needed.
    Shinnie was a class apart today. I thought Forster done well considering he gets very little game time.
    I trust this Hibs team, they have a steel about them we have been missing for a long time.At least we blessed that $#@!ehole with a Bonnie fitba team, Scottish cup holders acting like champs. we really do seem to have players who appreciate playing for such a fine club.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cracking result albeit against a junior team. I am surprised that neither Crane or Martin got any game time, this game was never in any danger from the 1st to the 8th goal.

Heavenly Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatie View Post
    Cheers for the report mark . Very much appreciated as per . Watched on that periscope thingy . Better than nowt i suppose !😉
    I heard somebody mention that last night - what is it?

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4647 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I heard somebody mention that last night - what is it?
    Its an app you can put on your phone/tablet and someone can stream live video from anywhere they are.Stewards at fitba matches will stop you doing it if they catch you.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    It was interesting hearing the thoughts of some of the Bonnyrigg players post match - very complimentary about how good a side hibs were and their game plan pre match and half time - which didn't involve parking the bus, to their cost.

Very professional from hibs, although grant holt is building up to scoring a spectacular key goal. Winner at ibrox in the cup I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Well Neil Lennon took this game seriously and I thank him for it. Without ever really getting out of second gear we gave the Junior side, their fans and lots of guntish fuds in their end a right hammering. Only changes were enforced I think, with Forster in for David Gray, Captain and winning goal scorer in the 2016 Cup Final, eight months on to the day from that beautiful day in May.

Pre match I supped Black Gold and IPA with my Laddie and Big G whilst ripping the pish out of two Huns in the pub to watch their new team. What a laugh, they were typically hunnish, it was easy. A short hop on the bus and we were in the Guntery, a sorry shambolic $#@!ehole of a place I have to say.

We lined up with Rocky in Goals, Daz and Liam at Centre Half, Lewis at left back, John McGinn appeared to be the holding role, with Humphrey out wide on the right, Keats just behind the front two, Shinnie with a free roving role, and Holt and Jase up front.
    Bonnyrigg lined up with Pugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb, Captain was Flack and Windy Miller, Brackett and Bilton up front. Or whatever, I have no idea, sorry.

The Team

Rocky was hurt early in the game and was replaced by the very competent Laidlaw who had no chance at the penalty and otherwise gave his usual steady performance.

Forster replaced Sir David of Hampden and showed he is nae right back. I thought he was awfy easy beat and gave away a silly penalty. I suppose its no easy if you are not playing often. Scored a goal though, which is good.

Darren strolled through the game, takes nae prisoners and really is a class defender and fine replacement captain of Hibernian.
    Fontaine done fine, he is no one that sets the heather on fire for me, but done enough.

Lewis enjoyed going forwards, set up one good goal and scored another. Looked like he was enjoying it too.

Super John was back and did not have his best game, much as we all love him, best if he is to have a bit of an off day, its against a junior team in the cup.

Shinnie blows hot and cold for Hibs, when cold he is usless, when hot, he really is a very good football player. Today he was hot, on fire, roasty toasty, scalding, burning hot. He ran the game and scored a goal too, sending us on our way.

Keats was excellent today, scoring two very, very well taken goals, wanting the ball, being productive when he got it and looking like the player he has really been most of the season when fit. I like Keats.

Humphrey didn’t get enough of the ball, certainly in front of him and had a quiet game really. Again he scored though, which is good for his confidence.

Holt too had a very decent game, he was all over their defence and worked very hard for his team mates. Even today though, he cannae core, even when given a gilt edged chance which Jason duly stuck home.

Jason has improved his overall game since he returned to the starting eleven and is better with the ball than he was. He scored two, if he had stayed on for the whole game, I reckon he would have bagged at least a hatrick.

Subs

Laidlaw replaced Rocky early and had his steady game again. As I said before, he had no chance at the well taken penalty.

Fraser Fyvie came on for Super John and upped our tempo. Isn’t it fantastic when we can take John off and replace him with the quality of Fraser.

Boyler came on for Jase and ran at the tired Rose defence, might have scored if he could keep himself onside?

I though Neil and Gary got it spot on, we put out a strong team, whilst never really hitting top or gear, we totally demolished Bonnyrigg. I asked for that before the match, I am glad we delivered. That is the correct approach Hibs. Good work guys, thanks for that.

Bonnyrigg had no chance, they started poorly and were 3 nil down before they realised the game had got going. I have not joined the love in I have to say, however I will say I am delighted Bonnyrigg Rose will make lots of much needed money to keep their local club going in the right direction and I hope the real Rose fans enjoyed their day, result aside. The arsehole gunts Five One-ing us all game, and booing Hibs players, well get it up ye, your money comes to Hibs too, you stupid fuds. I hope that big nosed liar that plays for Raith scores a last minute winner tomorrow to knock you out.

Football wise, I thought the Rose did not sit and try to gain a replay, they played open attacking football and tried their best. It was no where near good enough on the day for them though.

The referee was fine, if they dinnae have me out my seat, I give them pass marks.

Man of the Match was easy, Andrew Shinnie was magnificent all the way through, try and do it every week pal.

A wee mention on the crowd, Hibernian were away from home today, we sold out 8000 tickets, indeed the last four Hibernian games we have played, the Hibs end has sold out. It may very well be the first time that has happened in Hibs history? Well done Hibernians, that is how we will rise again, getting behind our team.

Finally, can I wish a very Hibby Birthday to Big G, SKII and my Hibs daft nephew Allan, Hibs certainly delivered a good present to you, Big G, I hope you enjoyed Birthday Black Gold, what a laugh with the hun numpties, Allan I hope that Hibs gear is what you wanted and SKII, I ken that drip didnae spoil a good day at the Guntery.

See you all in Dumfries next week.

Hibernian Forever.
    Watch the replay 1875 and you'll see Forster quite clearly pulls out of a challenge and the guy blatantly dived.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lespenny View Post
    Watch the replay 1875 and you'll see Forster quite clearly pulls out of a challenge and the guy blatantly dived.
    Yes, I saw that, didnae look like that from my seat though and I tend not to change my summary after I see things on the telly later.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Heavenly Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Its an app you can put on your phone/tablet and someone can stream live video from anywhere they are.Stewards at fitba matches will stop you doing it if they catch you.
    Cheers W

GoGO Back To Forum