Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was PERFECT.......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was PERFECT.......

Tonight was the night Hibernian showed they meant business and what a night to pick. As our great friend Gordon McKinley states every week, those three goals were simply destined to be, that clean sheet was written in the stars, that win was for Shaun, his strength, courage and bravery inspires us every day, It appeared to rub off in the men in green shirts, they were magnificent.

Over 18,700 fans packed the Holy Ground tonight, the biggest football crowd in the capital this season (so far!), all 18,700 fans, of the original Hibernians and the Dundee version raised the roof in memory of both Shaun Woodburn and our brother, Shaun McKinley. Well done both sets of fans, you were fantastic!

Hibernian roared out of the traps and we had masterclasses across the pitch, especially McGregor, Hanlon, Boyle, McGeouch and born again Marvin Bartley. That is not to say Laidlaw was not smashing, he was, Captain David and wee Lewis had their best games in weeks, Mr Humphrey had a great first half, Commons fleeted in and out with moments of magic, Jason scored two fine goals and we played the best brand of football this season has seen.

United were simply blown away, Hibs battered them, they did kick, they did hoof, they did try and play football, but we washed over them in a tidal wave of green. They have some good players, they are just not as good as Hibernian in their pomp.

So to the players, usual rules apply, the game was on BBC Heederum Hoderum, those that could not be there, had the luxury of reruns and Hibs loook better in the Gaelic, so bare with me.

Laidlaw - Done a good comfortable job, topped off with a wonder save to keep a clean sheet, just as Big G expected and much to the scunner of bookies around the greater Edinburgh area.

Captain David Gray, winning goalscorer in the Scottish Cup Final 2016 fair enjoyed his night, with Humphrey in front of him, covering for him and generally being guid at fitba, Sir David got down to what he does best, defending.

Darren McGregor was magnificent, hard as nails, cut him in half he is emerald green right through.

Paul Hanlon was also magnificent, class on the grass good in the air, cut him in half, he too is emerald green right through.

Lewis, like el capitano, he fair enjoyed having the Boyler have the game of his life in front of him, like Dave, Lewis just needed to defend, he did so, well.

Marvin Bartley had the best game he has had in a Hibs shirt, he was magnificent. I think he is at his best against teams that want to play football, I wish (and hope) he played like that every game. Fantastic performance and many of you know, I do not say that lightly.

Dylan McGeouch is a magician, what a lovely fitba player he is. His footwork and craft are the magic in that part of our midfield.

Kris Commons was good in bits, missing in others, imagine we win 3 0 against the second placed challengers when a player as good as Commons might have done a bit more. I hope he stays though, he is going to get better and better!

Chris Humphrey had a magnificent debut for Hibs. His direct runs and marvellous first touch was a joy to behold. A great pal of mine suggested at half time that she had not been as excited about watching a wide Hibs player since the great David Murphy, she was right, Mr Humphrey left the United left back, Mrs Slocombes Pussy, for dead all first half before hitting a wall second and going off to a standing ovation. Made of an easy night Sir Dave too.

Martin Boyle, much like Marv, had his best game in a Hibs shirt, he was superb down that left side. If only he could decide whether to beat the man and cross or shoot. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Martin tonight, as Sir Shrink says, Martin is a proper Hibs player. Its great to see Hibernian playing with wingers, brilliant to watch and proper fitba, dare I say it, the Hibernian way. As I watched on, I dreamt I was watching Arthur Duncan or Crunchie McAllister at times.

Jason scored 2, might have had 5. Jason scores goals, that is what we pay him for, he must have loved the service from his wingers and almost surreally Big Marvin.

The Subs

Well tonight was the epitome of the Hibernian feel good factor and what could possibly improve such a fine performance from the team. Well there is only one thing that can, yes, its the return of our favourite son, the Blessed John McGinn. A gentleman, a hero, a brilliant football player who plays fitba with a joy that shines through, the guy just loves playing the game, he plays with a smile. A steely, am really good but just a normal fellae type of smile, but a smile. I have had a man crush of John for years, it doesn't lessen. He came on for the tiring Kris Commons with 12 to go and played fitba like he has been grounded for weeks. First kick he won with a crunching challenge before weaving by the stagnant United defence to score a goal much like the first one Anthony Stokes scored against the Huns that wonderful day in May. And boy did he enjoy it. Everyone, appreciate John in a Hibs shirt, this laddie is going to the very top. Others just don't understand.

Keats replaced Humphrey near the end, I expect to give Humphrey the standing ovation he earned. Its a shame for Keats getting injured when he did, he has alot to offer, I like him.

Brian Graham came on again to allow Jase to receive his standing ovation for the last few minutes.

Neil Lennon and Gary Parker proved many of us wrong tonight, me included, that was a tactical masterclass, he won the chess game against the very smart and admirable Ray McKinnon. To see Hibs set up the way they did, play the high tempo, pressing high up the pitch game with wingers is great to see and a joy to watch. 10 out of 10 guys, that will fill those stands every second week.

United were pumped tonight, Hibs destroyed them, their defence looked poor, although the 8 and 10 gave good accounts of themselves and they played football most of the game. Special mention to the 2300 United fans, especially at the 30th and 34th minutes applause, that is what football is about guys, thanks each and every one of you for joining in. United, like Hibs, need to be in the top league, I hope they come up via the play offs. If Mr Lennon does move on at some point in the after securing the Scottish Cup and Premiership Trophies for Hibs, we could do worse than consider Ray McKinnon.

Willie Gollum looks like Willow Fud and is a hopeless referee.

Man of the Match, well are you sitting down? Even driving home I was thinking I would give it to Martin Boyle, I Loved his 90 minutes tonight, but lets be honest, who am I kidding, Marvin Bartley was absolutely, thoroughly and completely magnificent tonight, he was Hibs man of the match and will sleep well tonight. Well played Marvin, you can be a friend of mine.

Great support tonight, muted at various points in the game but roared them on from one hour onwards. Keep coming along every week guys, we are all Hibernian FC.

Finally, this Just Back is dedicated to life and times of our brother and fellow Hibernian Shaun McKinley and his family.

We are all here for you guys.

Live Forever!!

Hibernian Forever!!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quality.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1925 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ahhhhmeen to that
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    On the money as always

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    And a perfect 'just back'. While impatiently awaiting this report I have been keeping busy by

1) catching up on the tellybox on the early action I missed as I got there late, but not caring because I am just grateful I succeeded in my aim of hauling ass hunners of miles across Blighty to get there in time for Shaun's ovation.

2) reading Dundee United forums - I can report that some heavy psychological damage has been done, which can only bode well for coming weeks.

All I would add to this fine report is that I think the manager deserves some recognition tonight. I have felt he come in for undue stick, with my own single complaint being that his summer schedule interfered with properly addressing our weaknesses. Early days, but it looks like Humphreys arrival and it's allowing of a switched formation with squirrel going out wide on the other flank has payed dividends there.

Again early days, but it also appears to have done what I hoped in properly cementing Jason's role. I have sided with lennons unpopular decision to drop him because I think that as a penalty box poacher he was ineffective when we couldn't get ammo to him and in that context we were better with the likes of boyler running at people. All that changes once we have wingers playing dangerous balls in, and so it was tonight.

That is the first demolition job we have done in a long time and it could hardly have come at a better time. I hope that in time we will look back and recognise that Lennon did a good job grinding out results when we were absent a midfield through injury and any danger from the wings. I further hope that will be placed on context by more demolitions now he has rebalanced the squad in a way that was lacking in the summer, along with players returning from injury.

Finally, like others I am delighted by the perfect score line for the occasions. Shaun was with us tonight; live forever my friend.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    DSC00446 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

DSC00437 by Darren Healy, on Flickr

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can't argue with a word of that.

Thought it was notable when Jase was subbed that Lennon grabbed Jason's heid with both hands; shook it and pretty much looked as though he was saying 'THAT is what I've been looking for from you, wee man!' or something similar.

Delighted it was 3-0 tonight. Live Forever, Shaun x
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Sky Telly Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on.

Had to be 3-0 tonight..Live Forever

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2690 Post(s)
    vCash
    3 attackers left up on the half way line when UTD had a corner,can't argue wi that!

Great performance Hibs 🇳🇬
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

On holiday Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    Spot on review of the game. What an atmosphere. Almost slightly ruined by the slavering arsehole who was abusing Boyle about 10 minutes into the game. He piped down after Neil Lennon heard his pish and gave him a dismissive wave in a "$#@! of ya cretin" style.

A game that was in no doubt a fitting tribute to Proccie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great football matched by an amazing support tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Wait for it..............I fair enjoyed that the night. I did say after we beat United on the 6th Jan I would stop being a sour faced git and I have.
    Well done Mr Lennon you took it and rammed it right up my backside......Top marks though I expect that all the time......
    3-0 perfect in every way.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's a perfect Just Back. Brilliantly penned as always M.

A great game of football topped off by the most touching and sincere double minute's applause. I felt very honoured and privileged to be a part of that tonight.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait for it..............I fair enjoyed that the night. I did say after we beat United on the 6th Jan I would stop being a sour faced git and I have.
    Well done Mr Lennon you took it and rammed it right up my backside......Top marks though I expect that all the time......
    3-0 perfect in every way.
    I like this post.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb Just Back again - the only things I would add are:

- How Utd finished with 11 men on the park I'll never know.
    - BBC Alba MoM was Barts. I'm a big Barts fan
    - Utd's defenders are al huge and they could not cope with the speed and mobility of our forwards.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Think that must be the first time we have agreed on a MOTM..Not because I think you get it wrong, but I don't follow individual players well and often give it for some glimpses of magic. I like the way Marv even tried to get forward. I said a while back it was time to get someone in front of Lewis and let him remember he is a defender first and foremost. Boyle won't be able to live with Cummings not the lad has found his scoring boots again so a wide berth will suit us all fine and with the newbie on the right it all looks good for the return of McGinn and Fyvie, though I'm not sure Fyvie will start every game with Commons here, but what do I know Just great to see everything click again at last

oh and west ham got cuffed 0-5 so the west ham/rangers lovin workmate is on to a roasting tomorrow

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just back [from the boozer] and I cant disagree with any of that.

Bartman gets a lot of undue stick at times so I'm glad he got man of the match in a game where everyone in a Hibs shirt got pass marks.

6 minutes it took so called Super John to score - 6 fukking minutes; what's so super about that

3-0, You couldn't have written the script.

RIP Shaun - the Hibees gave you the best send off they could bonny lad.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2463 Post(s)
    vCash
    Difficult to add anything more to that Just back report..it says it all. I will though add my own thoughts !

A superb all round team performance from Hibs tonight which left Dundee United chasing shadows for most of the game. The workrate of the players was fantastic and what a joy it was to see two wingers rampaging up both flanks terrorising the terrors. Humphrey had a great debut. He tired in the second half understandably. I think his game is very much based on pace and power and that's great to see because we have lacked both those ingredients for too long. Pleased to see Martin Boyle getting so many mentions from everybody, I thought he was absolutely superb tonight. He is not a naturally left sided player but still produced one of his best ever performances for Hibs tonight. Marvin Bartley clearly was MOTM though. This sort of high intensity game with a big noisy crowd and against a team willing to play football brings out the best in him. I thought he was unlucky to be booked. The icing on the cake though was the return of the mercurial John McGinn much earlier than was forecast and what a return. The class just oozes out of this lad and you can see he loves playing for the club. A fabulous goal as well. McGinn will eventually play at a very high level I'm sure of it. I would love to see him stay another season at Easter Road but that's maybe asking too much.

That was Hibs best all round performance of the season so far and what a time to produce it. I think United are a better team than they showed tonight and like 1875 I also have a lot of time for Ray McKinnon as a manager. They were just blown away tonight. It's great to go four points clear after that win, but it's important to remember we still have a long way to go. It's only early January and we have to make sure we continue to grind out the wins on a weekly basis. We are not always going to be able to play the in the style we did tonight, but we have to ensure we continue to get three points in matches no matter what. The next game away to Dumbarton is just as important as tonight was. It presents a totally different type of challenge in a tough little stadium. Let's hope we can do enough to win again next week.

Well done Hibs tonight...and well done to the Hibs support for a fantastic tribute to Shaun Woodburn and Shaun McKinley.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 07-01-17 at 11:44.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)
    vCash
    IT was a performance befitting our lost brother.
    I love Hibs , and the family we all belong to too.

Boyle was immense tonight,it didn't always happen for him, but he was the catalyst for all that happened.
    Big Marv never lets us down.

Three nil really says all us bouncers need to ken .

Sleep in peace proccie , we will think of you forever . Xxxx

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Dundee Utd are mince and will drop plenty more points in coming months going on that.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    3-0. It had to be.

Shaun, we love you. We just $#@!ing love you mate. I know you were watching.

RIP
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)
    vCash
    Managed to stream the game and it was a great performance. We could have scored more but I suppose 3-0 was just right. Chuffed as anything and a lot more confident that we can win this league.
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    831 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    I think United are a better team than they showed tonight and like 1875 I also have a lot of time for Ray McKinnon as a manager.
    From where I watched (the Netherlands, with a half-arsed Alba stream), McKinnon and his team were completely caught out by a Hibs side with aggressive width, and had neither the individual nor collective capability to adapt to it once the whistle had blown. They'd planned for the stuffy, cagey Hibs we've seen in recent weeks, and simply couldn't live with the team that actually took to the pitch. The last manager I can recall sending a team out with actual wingers was probably Alex Miller, and I suppose it's probably a sobering lesson for many of us that nineties football still works; albeit in the second tier.

Even the second best side in the league, which United comfortably are, simply couldn't live with such an offensive posture and should really have lost by more.

From my twitchy stream, our best player was Marvin Bartley - and by distances. His control of the midfield allowed everyone else round about him to play well, and the cover provided to Gray and Stevenson by Humphrey and Boyle gave both fullbacks untold levels of psychological comfort.

United won't be caught out like that again at Tannadice, I think Ray McKinnon's too canny a manager for that; it's also worth remembering that no other side will take to the pitch against Hibs with the intent to play football (a policy even United might ditch after tonight), so we shouldn't take anything for granted. But I think the reality is that Hibs now have options for the teams who'll plant eleven behind the ball with ambitions stretching no further than a point, and the manager has proven that he's brave enough to change it up when it really matters.

With McGinn and Keatings back in contention, Commons getting fitter all the time, the signing of Humphreys and Fyvie hopefully not too far away... I think we should kick on and win the league comfortably after tonight.

I was on record as saying the defeat at Tannadice gave me that old feeling of inevitability. Tonight reverted it with a brave and powerful victory in our biggest game of the season so far, while inflicting mental damage on our nearest rivals - and in front of a packed house. Arguably, the only downer was that the game was in the Championship and, thus, didn't necessarily provide the international spectacle it might have done otherwise.

Good job, Hibs. Good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    That was a fab night last night! We were brilliant! The annoying thing is that every other team we play will be putting everyone behind the ball. And thoes are the teams we struggle against.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    I reckon Neil Lennons just has become very difficult

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Tonight was the night Hibernian showed they meant business and what a night to pick. As our great friend Gordon McKinley states every week, those three goals were simply destined to be, that clean sheet was written in the stars, that win was for Shaun, his strength, courage and bravery inspires us every day, It appeared to rub off in the men in green shirts, they were magnificent.

Over 18,700 fans packed the Holy Ground tonight, the biggest football crowd in the capital this season (so far!), all 18,700 fans, of the original Hibernians and the Dundee version raised the roof in memory of both Shaun Woodburn and our brother, Shaun McKinley. Well done both sets of fans, you were fantastic!

Hibernian roared out of the traps and we had masterclasses across the pitch, especially McGregor, Hanlon, Boyle, McGeouch and born again Marvin Bartley. That is not to say Laidlaw was not smashing, he was, Captain David and wee Lewis had their best games in weeks, Mr Humphrey had a great first half, Commons fleeted in and out with moments of magic, Jason scored two fine goals and we played the best brand of football this season has seen.

United were simply blown away, Hibs battered them, they did kick, they did hoof, they did try and play football, but we washed over them in a tidal wave of green. They have some good players, they are just not as good as Hibernian in their pomp.

So to the players, usual rules apply, the game was on BBC Heederum Hoderum, those that could not be there, had the luxury of reruns and Hibs loook better in the Gaelic, so bare with me.

Laidlaw - Done a good comfortable job, topped off with a wonder save to keep a clean sheet, just as Big G expected and much to the scunner of bookies around the greater Edinburgh area.

Captain David Gray, winning goalscorer in the Scottish Cup Final 2016 fair enjoyed his night, with Humphrey in front of him, covering for him and generally being guid at fitba, Sir David got down to what he does best, defending.

Darren McGregor was magnificent, hard as nails, cut him in half he is emerald green right through.

Paul Hanlon was also magnificent, class on the grass good in the air, cut him in half, he too is emerald green right through.

Lewis, like el capitano, he fair enjoyed having the Boyler have the game of his life in front of him, like Dave, Lewis just needed to defend, he did so, well.

Marvin Bartley had the best game he has had in a Hibs shirt, he was magnificent. I think he is at his best against teams that want to play football, I wish (and hope) he played like that every game. Fantastic performance and many of you know, I do not say that lightly.

Dylan McGeouch is a magician, what a lovely fitba player he is. His footwork and craft are the magic in that part of our midfield.

Kris Commons was good in bits, missing in others, imagine we win 3 0 against the second placed challengers when a player as good as Commons might have done a bit more. I hope he stays though, he is going to get better and better!

Chris Humphrey had a magnificent debut for Hibs. His direct runs and marvellous first touch was a joy to behold. A great pal of mine suggested at half time that she had not been as excited about watching a wide Hibs player since the great David Murphy, she was right, Mr Humphrey left the United left back, Mrs Slocombes Pussy, for dead all first half before hitting a wall second and going off to a standing ovation. Made of an easy night Sir Dave too.

Martin Boyle, much like Marv, had his best game in a Hibs shirt, he was superb down that left side. If only he could decide whether to beat the man and cross or shoot. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Martin tonight, as Sir Shrink says, Martin is a proper Hibs player. Its great to see Hibernian playing with wingers, brilliant to watch and proper fitba, dare I say it, the Hibernian way. As I watched on, I dreamt I was watching Arthur Duncan or Crunchie McAllister at times.

Jason scored 2, might have had 5. Jason scores goals, that is what we pay him for, he must have loved the service from his wingers and almost surreally Big Marvin.

The Subs

Well tonight was the epitome of the Hibernian feel good factor and what could possibly improve such a fine performance from the team. Well there is only one thing that can, yes, its the return of our favourite son, the Blessed John McGinn. A gentleman, a hero, a brilliant football player who plays fitba with a joy that shines through, the guy just loves playing the game, he plays with a smile. A steely, am really good but just a normal fellae type of smile, but a smile. I have had a man crush of John for years, it doesn't lessen. He came on for the tiring Kris Commons with 12 to go and played fitba like he has been grounded for weeks. First kick he won with a crunching challenge before weaving by the stagnant United defence to score a goal much like the first one Anthony Stokes scored against the Huns that wonderful day in May. And boy did he enjoy it. Everyone, appreciate John in a Hibs shirt, this laddie is going to the very top. Others just don't understand.

Keats replaced Humphrey near the end, I expect to give Humphrey the standing ovation he earned. Its a shame for Keats getting injured when he did, he has alot to offer, I like him.

Brian Graham came on again to allow Jase to receive his standing ovation for the last few minutes.

Neil Lennon and Gary Parker proved many of us wrong tonight, me included, that was a tactical masterclass, he won the chess game against the very smart and admirable Ray McKinnon. To see Hibs set up the way they did, play the high tempo, pressing high up the pitch game with wingers is great to see and a joy to watch. 10 out of 10 guys, that will fill those stands every second week.

United were pumped tonight, Hibs destroyed them, their defence looked poor, although the 8 and 10 gave good accounts of themselves and they played football most of the game. Special mention to the 2300 United fans, especially at the 30th and 34th minutes applause, that is what football is about guys, thanks each and every one of you for joining in. United, like Hibs, need to be in the top league, I hope they come up via the play offs. If Mr Lennon does move on at some point in the after securing the Scottish Cup and Premiership Trophies for Hibs, we could do worse than consider Ray McKinnon.

Willie Gollum looks like Willow Fud and is a hopeless referee.

Man of the Match, well are you sitting down? Even driving home I was thinking I would give it to Martin Boyle, I Loved his 90 minutes tonight, but lets be honest, who am I kidding, Marvin Bartley was absolutely, thoroughly and completely magnificent tonight, he was Hibs man of the match and will sleep well tonight. Well played Marvin, you can be a friend of mine.

Great support tonight, muted at various points in the game but roared them on from one hour onwards. Keep coming along every week guys, we are all Hibernian FC.

Finally, this Just Back is dedicated to life and times of our brother and fellow Hibernian Shaun McKinley and his family.

We are all here for you guys.

Live Forever!!

Hibernian Forever!!
    Just want to say your match report is the first thing I look at after finding out the result in Oz so thank you, but tonight I got to be there in the flesh and I agree 100%😀

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    I was asked what time do Dundee United kick off?

On average every half hour I replied!
    Space to let

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    608 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was PERFECT.......

Marvin was a rock last night but he'll be hurting today. Once again he was kicked and kneed and hacked throughout the game and with, I think, one exception he just picked himself up and carried on. Huge respect to the guy. I don't think even Jason expected such a perfectly weighted cross from him either. Marvellous.

Sent by telepathy.
    Last edited by Bofahibee; 07-01-17 at 11:25.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report I look forward to this every week.
    Huge crowd last night, biggest game of the season...so glad we Hibsed it.
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was a fantastic performance last night..really enjoyed it. The pace and width was a joy to watch. The team had the perfect balance so lot of credit due the management duo.

Love the Friday night football after being initially sceptical about it. ER was bouncing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb. We were brilliant. Put our foot on their throat from minute one, and never let them into it, not even for 5 mins. What we want to see.

Head is banging this morning, but I DIG Friday night games. Sooooo much better than midday on a $#@!in Sunday.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    Dundee Utd are mince and will drop plenty more points in coming months going on that.
    Great report as usual mark....
    I thought the game was brilliant. .
    The jurney back to Falkirk ,I was like the joker grinning from ear to ear.
    What a game to be looking down on ..Rip guy,s..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4386 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Superb. We were brilliant. Put our foot on their throat from minute one, and never let them into it, not even for 5 mins. What we want to see.

Head is banging this morning, but I DIG Friday night games. Sooooo much better than midday on a $#@!in Sunday.

I think I prefer Friday night games over Saturday at 3.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    aye I like a Friday night game too, bit tender today though..
    until the sky turns green

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    608 Post(s)
    vCash
    Friday night under the floodlights has always been my favourite sadly it also makes it much less likely I can make it up from the South.

I'm sure the fact that it was Friday that contributed to the sell out.

Sent by telepathy.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think I do as well, can't beat a full house under the floodlights.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    I said last night that I hoped Lennon would take Big Marv off after about an hour, as the tackles he was taking were harsh and I thought after his booking someone (flood) was going into the stands and an inevitable red, well done for keeping the heid big man and finishing with MOTM.

'A man will fight for many things, Glory, his country, the glistening tear on a childs cheek........

But personally I'd mud wrestle my mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack full of French porn'

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash

I too have a Man-Crush on S.J.M.

Like you i am Heterosexual.

But S.J.M. is the most wonderful man that the world has ever seen.

Bizarrely i was 100% confident Hibernian would triumph against our wee cousins from up the road.

That was Easy Peezy Lemon Squeazy!

In a bonus Hutchie beat Tynie 5-2 in the League!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with your report, thought we were brilliant on Friday night and finally stopped showing a team too much respect with the defensive formations and absolutely hammered them from the very first whistle.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Noticed there was a 4th official on Friday, and the time added on was announced.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Because of being on TV I think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs were very impressive on Friday night in what could be argued as an over due performance, i.e. turning dominance into goals. It really should have been more but 3-0 against our nearest rivals is very welcome.

Lennon was brave with the formation although it did not really surprise me given how slow Utd are at the back. I also thought Cummings had a great game playing up front on his own, his movement caused their two centre backs no end of problems and he showed a maturity in his game that is often missing.

I don't think Utd are that good tbh but I was surprised how poor they were on Friday, that said, a lot of credit has to go to Hibs, we didn't really give them scope to play and won individual battles all over park.

Great displays all round and McGinn is two or three levels above most players in this league. I have also been impressed with Ross Laidlaw, he has come in and done everything asked of him quietly and efficiently, his kicking is excellent.

Another massive game next week at new Bogheed, a tough venue but Hibs will approach it confident of success. Utd are at home to QoS and it will be interesting to see just how much a psychological blow Friday night was for them. We will definitely see another couple of twists and turns but we have the momentum now, I am cautiously optimistic this squad will kick on strongly from here.

Lastly, great support and atmosphere on Friday night with a fitting tribute for those recently departed, very touching.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan1875 View Post
    Because of being on TV I think?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah for some reason, if the game is televised then a 4th official is required.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    Yeah for some reason, if the game is televised then a 4th official is required.
    Is that right?

I thought there was a 4th official at all our games and putting up the time board was the job of a timekeeper.

As others have suggested a timekeeper is used at our current level only when we're on the telly.
    Space to let

Barbary Corsair

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Is that right?

I thought there was a 4th official at all our games and putting up the time board was the job of a timekeeper.

As others have suggested a timekeeper is used at our current level only when we're on the telly.
    Definitely no 4th official at the Raith game. The west stand linesman was handling the subs.
    By the sky and the Night-Comer-
    What will explain to you what the Night-Comer is?
    The piercing star.

There is a watcher over every soul.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Is that right?

Not been a 4th official all season Jack. Cannae mind if there was 1 last season when the the hun were in the league. And theres been no board either. Clock stops on 90 minutes and its a guess how long.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

GoGO Back To Forum