Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 90

Thread: Season ticket dilema

  1. #1
    Baby Radge hibeeshug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Season ticket dilema

    As a Season ticket holder living in Sunderland, aim to make as many home games as possible depending on shifts at work and matches being rearranged for TV etc. This usually means I miss an average of 6 games a season. Whilst I am not 'counting pennies', I do think I am losing a fair bit of revenue.

    My dilemma is that, I love where I sit, with good friends from the St.Pat's branch and I feel part of the 'Hibernian Family'. I wrote to the club asking if they knew of a way to help but they said just buy a ticket for games I can attend.

    Anyone got any ideas I could put to the club? Are there others in a similar 'plight'?

    GGTTH

    RIP Shaun

  2. #2
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1016
    Alright Shug, seems to me that you need to find a good soul who is a regular pay at the gate to give you 20 sterlings each time he uses your brief.

    Win Win for both of you.

    Any cant on here willing to step up to the plate and finalise this?

    I'd be interested to get some feedback on my solution Shuggy.

    Thanks


  3. #3
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    It's a pity folk can't club together and buy season tickets among them. It seems some groups can but run of the mill supporters are not allowed.

    There's a mega thread in another place about the stewards quest, not just to stop the misuse of concessions but to stop full cost season tickets been used by anyone other than the holder. Although it is acknowledged you can go to the ticket office and upgrade or transfer quite easily.

    The thread started with a Mrs apparently using a season ticket with Mr on it, being refused entry and ticket confiscated them being told the Mr can call round at the ticket office and reclaim it. I'm sure there are many on here who have given their card to a friend. Be aware!
    Space to let

  4. #4
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a pity folk can't club together and buy season tickets among them. It seems some groups can but run of the mill supporters are not allowed.There's a mega thread in another place about the stewards quest, not just to stop the misuse of concessions but to stop full cost season tickets been used by anyone other than the holder. Although it is acknowledged you can go to the ticket office and upgrade or transfer quite easily.The thread started with a Mrs apparently using a season ticket with Mr on it, being refused entry and ticket confiscated them being told the Mr can call round at the ticket office and reclaim it. I'm sure there are many on here who have given their card to a friend. Be aware!
    Got a link to that thread @Jack? Wouldn't mind a read.

  5. #5
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Not just now. I can't see it but all of a sudden I'm not seeing the private board either although I'm sure I'm paid up!
    Space to let

  6. #6
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2206 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a pity folk can't club together and buy season tickets among them. It seems some groups can but run of the mill supporters are not allowed.

    There's a mega thread in another place about the stewards quest, not just to stop the misuse of concessions but to stop full cost season tickets been used by anyone other than the holder. Although it is acknowledged you can go to the ticket office and upgrade or transfer quite easily.

    The thread started with a Mrs apparently using a season ticket with Mr on it, being refused entry and ticket confiscated them being told the Mr can call round at the ticket office and reclaim it. I'm sure there are many on here who have given their card to a friend. Be aware!


    Pretty pathetic that it cannot be used by a friend/family. The ticket is bought and paid for and not like it can be used twice for the same game...so long as it's not a concession being used for someone who doesn't qualify of course

  7. #7
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty pathetic that it cannot be used by a friend/family. The ticket is bought and paid for and not like it can be used twice for the same game...so long as it's not a concession being used for someone who doesn't qualify of course
    My thoughts as well. Surely this is the stewards being a tad over zealous? Not like them.

  8. #8
    Radge Private Member



    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Craigentinny
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My thoughts as well. Surely this is the stewards being a tad over zealous? Not like them.
    Apparentaly stewards were checking a significant proportion of ST's any adults using concession cards had their tickets confiscated(fair enough ) anyone using different gender cards also confiscated (I disagree with this) interested to se how his plays out.

    East was targeted more than other stands apparently.

  9. #9
    Radge Private Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My thoughts as well. Surely this is the stewards being a tad over zealous? Not like them.
    The other week there a boy came in at half time and ended up sitting with a couple of his pals next to me since there was a spare couple of seats, a steward came up questioned him took blogs season ticket off him to check when he entered, searched his bag then sent him away to his actual seat instead of letting him sit with his pals in one of the empty seat! Like you say...over zealous, not like them

  10. #10
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    612
    So my bought and paid for full price adult season ticket cannot be used by anyone else if i cant make the game? Is that legal? Full price paid for seat, nobodys getting cheated, my seat is paid for, what right have they to refuse entrance?
    Can understand if it was concession of sorts, but not full price paid... not sure whether to believe this would be the case to be honest, no reason for it.

  11. #11
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6424 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2845
    Well, I'm at the airport and my son has my ST for Friday.......

  12. #12
    Hamesick Radge

    Tatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen during the week / edinburgh at weekend
    Posts
    4,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1393 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'm at the airport and my son has my ST for Friday.......
    Reported !

  13. #13
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2206 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'm at the airport and my son has my ST for Friday.......
    Should be ok....unless your really a MRS

  14. #14
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    Stevie1059's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Fife
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    37
    I utilise my ST as much as I can, as you all know I work offshore, but please don't tell anyone but my dad uses mine when I cant get there........but unfortunately he does not make any monies available my way (tight auld $#@! !).

    To be honest I don't see anything wrong, tickets paid for etc. Some of the games if I am not there without the use of my ST my dad or my daughter would not make the games as it covers the train fare for the 2 of them to attend.

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    I'm wondering if this is fallout from the cup final pitch invasion.

    Police are identifying the baddies, tracing them back to seats only to find the seat was sold to a 90 pensioner with a wooden leg!

    Does anyone know if other clubs are doing similar?

    Anyway I found the dotnet thread.
    Using another person's season ticket

    @Wannabehibee better get plenty food and drinks in ... it's a long one!

  16. #16
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Cheers @Jack

    - - - Updated - - -

    Time for @Amit or Frank to get an answer on this.

    Amit, are the club stating that you can't give your adult season ticket to another adult to use in your absence? Also that you have to sit in your allocated seat and not in any free ones?

  17. #17
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers @Jack

    - - - Updated - - -

    Time for @Amit or Frank to get an answer on this.

    Amit, are the club stating that you can't give your adult season ticket to another adult to use in your absence? Also that you have to sit in your allocated seat and not in any free ones?
    I give mine away usually if i'm not attending , never had a problem . Seems to me Hibs can't be bothered with all the good feeling in the support following the cup final and are intent on $#@!ing it up . Happy enough to let the Judy Murrays of this world in for nowt but desperate to alienate the actual supporters it seems to me

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member
    Amit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers @Jack

    - - - Updated - - -

    Time for @Amit or Frank to get an answer on this.

    Amit, are the club stating that you can't give your adult season ticket to another adult to use in your absence? Also that you have to sit in your allocated seat and not in any free ones?
    Hi,

    Hot topic!

    I spoke with Leeann and Greig at the weekend, the Club is still discussing the matter.

    However, just to confirm the change to entry procedures at the game was mainly to focus on and target those abusing concession tickets.

    GGTTH

    Amit






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi,

    Hot topic!

    I spoke with Leeann and Greig at the weekend, the Club is still discussing the matter.

    However, just to confirm the change to entry procedures at the game was mainly to focus on and target those abusing concession tickets.

    GGTTH

    Amit






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will you let us know what the outcomes of the discussions?
    Space to let

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member
    Amit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will you let us know what the outcomes of the discussions?
    Indeed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.
    Space to let

  22. #22
    Radge Private Member







    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very strange from the club imo Amit, why are they so keen to $#@! fans over????? An adult should be able to use an adult ticket surely????

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member
    Amit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by MixuDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very strange from the club imo Amit, why are they so keen to $#@! fans over????? An adult should be able to use an adult ticket surely????
    Hi fella,

    The Club were mainly focusing on concession abuse. However, this topic has popped up and is being discussed.

    The Club are aware of the supporters' views on both concession abuse and the latest "hot topic".

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi fella,

    The Club were mainly focusing on concession abuse. However, this topic has popped up and is being discussed.

    The Club are aware of the supporters' views on both concession abuse and the latest "hot topic".

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just called the club in regard to getting my season ticket back but the offices are closed . Will they be open again tomorrow ?

  25. #25
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Thanks for the quick response @Amit,
    hopefully we will hear back about this one.

  26. #26
    Radge Private Member
    Amit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just called the club in regard to getting my season ticket back but the offices are closed . Will they be open again tomorrow ?
    CLUBSTORE AND TICKET OFFICE OPEN FROM 28TH

    Open from 10am tomorrow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    612
    This would be a massive mistake from the club to stop adults using someones adult ST, i would think a lot would stop buying one as they cant make all games, so paying for games they cant make and able to give ST to friend/family is maybe the reason to get one and not just patg.
    I really cant see what their is to discuss on this matter to be honest.
    GGTTH

  28. #28
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would be a massive mistake from the club to stop adults using someones adult ST, i would think a lot would stop buying one as they cant make all games, so paying for games they cant make and able to give ST to friend/family is maybe the reason to get one and not just patg.
    I really cant see what their is to discuss on this matter to be honest.
    Yep agree there Stu , you really wonder what they're thinking about sometimes . Adults using kids tickets is one thing but stopping you giving a mate your ST for a game you can't make is a joke

  29. #29
    Baby Radge hibeeshug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    sunderland
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for all replies, seems good debate going on.

    Is it not possible to have a season ticket where you can 'top up' on a monthly basis when you are certain of attending games? When you can't make it seat is made available for sale. Not as if we selling out every game. Could be a 'first' in Scotland and show that the club is forward thinking regarding supporters.

    Don't want to give up season ticket as I feel I am investing in club but can't justify to my other half losing out when can't make it. She doesn't mind me being away all day or stopping over if I have to but paying for a seat when I am not there, takes a bit of convincing!!! Plus I like to sit beside my pals?????

    GGTTH

  30. #30
    Citrix Technical Radge


    Murky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'm at the airport and my son has my ST for Friday.......
    That shouldn't be a problem, what with you both being OAPs...
    I hate hearts. With a passion.

  31. #31
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    15
    Maybe a season ticket could be assigned to up to 3 people? Only one card to be issued though to stop 2 people trying to get in the same game. That way people could buy season tickets and put a friend or family member on the card if they can't make a game.

    Me and my brother go to every home game and we have 2 younger brothers that share a season ticket and take turns attending. This would be perfect for them. In the rare case they both really want to go one simply pays at the gate.

  32. #32
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by wsamcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe a season ticket could be assigned to up to 3 people? Only one card to be issued though to stop 2 people trying to get in the same game. That way people could buy season tickets and put a friend or family member on the card if they can't make a game.Me and my brother go to every home game and we have 2 younger brothers that share a season ticket and take turns attending. This would be perfect for them. In the rare case they both really want to go one simply pays at the gate.
    I can understand you trying to come up with a solution but c'mon tae fcuk, an adult should be able to use another adults season ticket without having to justify it.And lets not also forget that's its only folk using another genders adult ticket that seems to be the issue here too.

  33. #33
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand you trying to come up with a solution but c'mon tae fcuk, an adult should be able to use another adults season ticket without having to justify it.And lets not also forget that's its only folk using another genders adult ticket that seems to be the issue here too.
    I suppose asking everyone for ID would be too time consuming or maybe that'll be Dempsters next great idea , season ticket with your photo on it

  34. #34
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand you trying to come up with a solution but c'mon tae fcuk, an adult should be able to use another adults season ticket without having to justify it.And lets not also forget that's its only folk using another genders adult ticket that seems to be the issue here too.
    I suspect it's all to do with being able to identify the person sitting in a particular seat. After 'safety' I seem to recall it was one of the main things in the all seater stadium nonsense.
    Space to let

  35. #35
    Radge Donator


    big fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dn Phrlain
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    51
    I know visitors from USA have been to games, Chelsea, Man U etc buying from online sites like Craigslist?...meeting the seller at the turnstile then returning it once inside.

    Hughie, maybe we should discuss as I have a season ticket and miss more than half the games, I'll see you when you're next up.
    Sent from my garden using smoke signals

  36. #36
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5712 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3749
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi fella,

    The Club were mainly focusing on concession abuse. However, this topic has popped up and is being discussed.

    The Club are aware of the supporters' views on both concession abuse and the latest "hot topic".

    GGTTH

    Amit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amit, while they are at it could they have a discussion as to why they agree with Bonnyrigg charging 20 quid for concessions that get into Easter Road for 12 quid? Not had a satisfactory answer from representatives of either club? Bonnyriggg claim no one mentioned 15/ 5 pounds from Hibs and Hibs have never really explained why they think 20 quid is an acceptable entry price for a school kid for game between a championship team and a junior team, in January?

    Some clarity would be appreciated.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  37. #37
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3409 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2217
    @Amit, my two cents.

    1) Absolute nonsense (if true) that a full-paying adult cannot pass on their ticket to any other adult, OAP, kid, or student if they're not using it. That ticket has been bought and paid for, at full price, and more importantly the money has been fronted up before the season starts, which the club keeps reminding us is so important to its finances. It shouldn't matter a jot who uses it, unless they're causing bother - which let's face it will be a minuscule percentage of folk, if any; I'd think the fact they're there on their pal's ST would make all but the radgest bams self-police.

    2) The above should only be an issue if it means a revenue loss. However, the fact that a full-price ST doesn't really equal a discount as such, makes that a moot point. If we were offering STs at £300, then you might have a case there. However, I'd still argue that people who weigh in before the season starts should be allowed to place whichever body they see fit in the seat they have purchased for the season on a near-as-dammit full-price-per-game basis.

    3) Absolute nonsense that folk with tickets for seats elsewhere should not, if a seat is free, go and sit with whomsoever they choose, as long as it's in the same stand. That's jobsworth nitpicking of the highest form. Nae excuse for that whatsoever. Get thum telt.

    Incidentally, it's kind of amusing to me that none of this seemed to be a massive issue until the bright idea of automated turnstiles was brought in - does it seem that folk are less likely to be wide with tickets if they had to look someone in the eye who can plainly see they're not a kid, or possibly be challenged on a random basis for student ID? Who knew, eh?

    Finally, and further to the above points, anyone would think that in the absence of one of their ST holders, the club would welcome said ST holder selecting other bodies to a) come along and make noise, and b) likely to perhaps be impressed by what they see and decide to come more often, or even rekindle a past penchant for coming to games. We dinnae just give them away to randoms in the street, FFS - we pick armchair/pub/lapsed Hibees, by and large. Think about it, eh.

    Stop creating problems where none exist; either that, or make a compelling case by pricing STs at considerably better than walk-up prices. Otherwise, leave us alone to manage our own STs, and get the stewards doing something useful, like selling pies in the kiosks at a rate better than one every ten fcukin minutes.

    Sake. Geez peace.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  38. #38
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Amit, my two cents.

    1) Absolute nonsense (if true) that a full-paying adult cannot pass on their ticket to any other adult, OAP, kid, or student if they're not using it. That ticket has been bought and paid for, at full price, and more importantly the money has been fronted up before the season starts, which the club keeps reminding us is so important to its finances. It shouldn't matter a jot who uses it, unless they're causing bother - which let's face it will be a minuscule percentage of folk, if any; I'd think the fact they're there on their pal's ST would make all but the radgest bams self-police.

    2) The above should only be an issue if it means a revenue loss. However, the fact that a full-price ST doesn't really equal a discount as such, makes that a moot point. If we were offering STs at £300, then you might have a case there. However, I'd still argue that people who weigh in before the season starts should be allowed to place whichever body they see fit in the seat they have purchased for the season on a near-as-dammit full-price-per-game basis.

    3) Absolute nonsense that folk with tickets for seats elsewhere should not, if a seat is free, go and sit with whomsoever they choose, as long as it's in the same stand. That's jobsworth nitpicking of the highest form. Nae excuse for that whatsoever. Get thum telt.

    Incidentally, it's kind of amusing to me that none of this seemed to be a massive issue until the bright idea of automated turnstiles was brought in - does it seem that folk are less likely to be wide with tickets if they had to look someone in the eye who can plainly see they're not a kid, or possibly be challenged on a random basis for student ID? Who knew, eh?

    Finally, and further to the above points, anyone would think that in the absence of one of their ST holders, the club would welcome said ST holder selecting other bodies to a) come along and make noise, and b) likely to perhaps be impressed by what they see and decide to come more often, or even rekindle a past penchant for coming to games. We dinnae just give them away to randoms in the street, FFS - we pick armchair/pub/lapsed Hibees, by and large. Think about it, eh.

    Stop creating problems where none exist; either that, or make a compelling case by pricing STs at considerably better than walk-up prices. Otherwise, leave us alone to manage our own STs, and get the stewards doing something useful, like selling pies in the kiosks at a rate better than one every ten fcukin minutes.

    Sake. Geez peace.
    Or even Championship prices , been taking the piss for too long

  39. #39
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    430 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    345
    I've loaned my season ticket out plenty times this season and seasons past with no issues whatsoever. In fact I have now given my season ticket over to my brother to use for the remainder of the season as I'm having to relocate down south 😞 I'd be amazed if the club were to take issue with this. Bigger fish to fry surely
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  40. #40
    Radge Private Member







    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    3000
    Rep Power
    715
    Superb post @aggie

  41. #41
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    202
    This will all be brushed under carpet. Still think the club and fan relations fall short.

  42. #42
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    27,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6674 Post(s)
    vCash
    5112
    Rep Power
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Amit, my two cents.

    1) Absolute nonsense (if true) that a full-paying adult cannot pass on their ticket to any other adult, OAP, kid, or student if they're not using it. That ticket has been bought and paid for, at full price, and more importantly the money has been fronted up before the season starts, which the club keeps reminding us is so important to its finances. It shouldn't matter a jot who uses it, unless they're causing bother - which let's face it will be a minuscule percentage of folk, if any; I'd think the fact they're there on their pal's ST would make all but the radgest bams self-police.

    2) The above should only be an issue if it means a revenue loss. However, the fact that a full-price ST doesn't really equal a discount as such, makes that a moot point. If we were offering STs at £300, then you might have a case there. However, I'd still argue that people who weigh in before the season starts should be allowed to place whichever body they see fit in the seat they have purchased for the season on a near-as-dammit full-price-per-game basis.

    3) Absolute nonsense that folk with tickets for seats elsewhere should not, if a seat is free, go and sit with whomsoever they choose, as long as it's in the same stand. That's jobsworth nitpicking of the highest form. Nae excuse for that whatsoever. Get thum telt.

    Incidentally, it's kind of amusing to me that none of this seemed to be a massive issue until the bright idea of automated turnstiles was brought in - does it seem that folk are less likely to be wide with tickets if they had to look someone in the eye who can plainly see they're not a kid, or possibly be challenged on a random basis for student ID? Who knew, eh?

    Finally, and further to the above points, anyone would think that in the absence of one of their ST holders, the club would welcome said ST holder selecting other bodies to a) come along and make noise, and b) likely to perhaps be impressed by what they see and decide to come more often, or even rekindle a past penchant for coming to games. We dinnae just give them away to randoms in the street, FFS - we pick armchair/pub/lapsed Hibees, by and large. Think about it, eh.

    Stop creating problems where none exist; either that, or make a compelling case by pricing STs at considerably better than walk-up prices. Otherwise, leave us alone to manage our own STs, and get the stewards doing something useful, like selling pies in the kiosks at a rate better than one every ten fcukin minutes.

    Sake. Geez peace.
    I always sit with my mate who has a ST a couple of rows in front of me because there is usually space there and round about where I sit it is generally full. If a steward comes up and tells me to move I reckon I will end up being ejected from the ground because he/she will be getting told to fukk off [actually a she might just get a polite refusal].
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  43. #43
    Radge Private Member

    egb_hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    From the Capital
    Posts
    35,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2121
    Bravo @aggie

  44. #44
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Amit, my two cents.

    1) Absolute nonsense (if true) that a full-paying adult cannot pass on their ticket to any other adult, OAP, kid, or student if they're not using it. That ticket has been bought and paid for, at full price, and more importantly the money has been fronted up before the season starts, which the club keeps reminding us is so important to its finances. It shouldn't matter a jot who uses it, unless they're causing bother - which let's face it will be a minuscule percentage of folk, if any; I'd think the fact they're there on their pal's ST would make all but the radgest bams self-police.

    2) The above should only be an issue if it means a revenue loss. However, the fact that a full-price ST doesn't really equal a discount as such, makes that a moot point. If we were offering STs at £300, then you might have a case there. However, I'd still argue that people who weigh in before the season starts should be allowed to place whichever body they see fit in the seat they have purchased for the season on a near-as-dammit full-price-per-game basis.

    3) Absolute nonsense that folk with tickets for seats elsewhere should not, if a seat is free, go and sit with whomsoever they choose, as long as it's in the same stand. That's jobsworth nitpicking of the highest form. Nae excuse for that whatsoever. Get thum telt.

    Incidentally, it's kind of amusing to me that none of this seemed to be a massive issue until the bright idea of automated turnstiles was brought in - does it seem that folk are less likely to be wide with tickets if they had to look someone in the eye who can plainly see they're not a kid, or possibly be challenged on a random basis for student ID? Who knew, eh?

    Finally, and further to the above points, anyone would think that in the absence of one of their ST holders, the club would welcome said ST holder selecting other bodies to a) come along and make noise, and b) likely to perhaps be impressed by what they see and decide to come more often, or even rekindle a past penchant for coming to games. We dinnae just give them away to randoms in the street, FFS - we pick armchair/pub/lapsed Hibees, by and large. Think about it, eh.

    Stop creating problems where none exist; either that, or make a compelling case by pricing STs at considerably better than walk-up prices. Otherwise, leave us alone to manage our own STs, and get the stewards doing something useful, like selling pies in the kiosks at a rate better than one every ten fcukin minutes.

    Sake. Geez peace.
    Well said Aggie...smacks of absolute stupidity...my hope was it was just a couple of over zealous stewards but it seems that Hibs themselves have created this ludicrous situation.

    FFS let common sense prevail here.

  45. #45
    Radge Private Member

    doontheslope70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Liberton Edinburgh
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    17
    Hibs need to quickly sort this.

    Below an email I got from friend who due to work commitments cant make all games:

    Hi Ricky,


    Just a quick*reminder of the events that took place on 24th Dec.

    Tried to get through turnstile using my Neice's season ticket *(full adult) but was refused and asked to speak to security supervisor.

    Spoke to supervisor who told me it was a club directive and that tickets are not transferable.*

    The female security then asked to see the ticket and as I showed her it she took it out of my hand and when I asked for it back she refused saying as it was not mine she was keeping it and we would have to arrange to come into Easter Road to collect it. She also did try and say that I had handed her the ticket which is untrue and both my daughters will testify to this although I accept that the security staff will also back each other up.*

    Then went and bought a ticket and sat in the seat which the season ticket was for.

    Nice to see the spirit of Christmas was shining through in the Hibernian family to loyal supporters who have been going to Easter Road for the past 50 years.

    Also took a little bit of gloss off the West Stand stone the girls gave me for Christmas the following day.

    Ironically if the intention of the action is to encourage season ticket sales it appears to have backfired as I know that there at least 4 which will now not be renewed next season.*

    It appears to me that the only reason this happened was that I was using a ticket with a female name on it or is it the clubs intention to compel every season ticket holder to carry photographic ID with them to prove they are the ticket owner ?

    As we discussed I have phoned Hibs twice and asked to make an appointment with someone to discuss this situation and although I have been promised a call back on both occasions there*has been no communication.


    Compare this with the treatment at the other side of town where if you call and tell them you cant make the game you can have them print out a ticket for someone to pick up and use as has happened twice in the last couple of weeks for Jason who's friend is currently out of the country.

  46. #46
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    I think for me this whole situation is made worse because I know there are groups of up to 20 people where names are not required. And individuals who have bought a second ticket so they can invite an unspecified (at the time of purchase) amigo. There are also those 'normal' folk who play by the rules and upgrade concession STs or in other ways reallocate their ticket on a nod from the club.

    It's poor show from the club that the transfer of a full price ST has been clamped down on and doubly so for doing that without warning and causing embarrassment to the holder and the user. Particularly so since its gone on since the inception of STs!

    Leeann is often quoted saying she'll happily be judged on getting more decisions right than wrong.

    After a great start, which we're all still impressed with (usual disclaimer applies that no one can speak on behalf of everyone ;-) and I thought was awesome, there's a worrying trend of questionable decisions, inaction and/or poor communication.

    I think someone I admire needs to step back then look back in.
    Space to let

  47. #47
    Radge Private Member
    jimmythefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    34
    Does this " new rule " just apply to season's or are there any examples of walk ups or print at home people being pulled up or refused entry

  48. #48
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmythefish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this " new rule " just apply to season's or are there any examples of walk ups or print at home people being pulled up or refused entry
    I don't know but it is possible.

    I'm a ST holder but have bought tickets for my daughter without allocating it to her. Didn't know how to to start with then didn't think it important. It had my name on it rather than hers. Why would the system allow me 2 tickets for my fat arse?

    She had a male ticket, or she could have had my name ST. It would seem under the new rules she wouldn't have been allowed in.

  49. #49
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3185 Post(s)
    vCash
    1396
    Rep Power
    612
    Yep its Hibs, going backwards again.. what a club for $#@!ing simple things up
    GGTTH

  50. #50
    Radge Private Member
    jimmythefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know but it is possible.

    I'm a ST holder but have bought tickets for my daughter without allocating it to her. Didn't know how to to start with then didn't think it important. It had my name on it rather than hers. Why would the system allow me 2 tickets for my fat arse?

    She had a male ticket, or she could have had my name ST. It would seem under the new rules she wouldn't have been allowed in.
    Yes wasn't sure if you buy a ticket if it has your name on it haven't actually bought a ticket for years , being a season ticket holder any cup games etc just go on your card so it seems if they continue wi this they could be opening a rite can o worms

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. 1200 Season Ticket Holders Last season Haven't Renewed
    By Smurf in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 16-07-15, 23:11
  2. half season ticket/celtic ticket freebie.
    By x113 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-12-12, 11:06
  3. Will you be buying a season ticket for next season?
    By Jamie in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01-05-09, 16:36
  4. Season ticket numbers next season
    By Blackbeard in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-02-07, 01:11
  5. 2 Less Season Ticket Holders Next Season
    By Forzahibs in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-04-06, 18:34

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •