Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we'll beat them.
    I haven't been a regular for around 6 years.

I tend to pick up the vibes that The Nasty Man tends to beat us quite easily?

There's nothing worse than an ex regular making forecasts, but i'd be gobsmacked if Ginger Ferret could gee us up for 3 points????

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmike View Post
    I haven't been a regular for around 6 years.

I tend to pick up the vibes that The Nasty Man tends to beat us quite easily?

There's nothing worse than an ex regular making forecasts, but i'd be gobsmacked if Ginger Ferret could gee us up for 3 points????
    We've taken 4 points from them already, they're nothing to fear. The problem is I think our team treats them with too much respect. Stop crosses or defend the ball in and Falkirk can't score goals.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6427 Post(s)
    vCash
    Falkirk have morphed from a half decent football side of a few seasons ago into a cynical hacking time wasting cheating bunch of ****s. They are a disgrace to the beautiful game.
    Whether we get the result we deserve against these $#@!ebags will depend upon the referee. If he is half decent and curtails the bawbaggery that Houston will employ we will turn them over no problem.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    950 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just the same ex Gunt pish that we seem to always, always have to put up with.

See Locke the $#@!, Rudi the Ratface etc etc.

Boring pish. They will play as much anti fitba as they can and hope (and almost always suceed) for 1 break away goal.

They will frustrate as much as possible.

We simply need to stop allowing it to happen. That gunt ratface did it on saturday. It really is a nonsense.

Locke the $#@!, ratface and that ugly gunt houston should all be punched hard in the face on sight, by any Hibby who happens on them. Repeat until this $#@!e is stopped.

Poppy thieving gunt $#@!s. $#@! hearts.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4458 Post(s)
    vCash
    The amount of tramp ex-players populating this league is quite something. Every week it seems we're up against some sort of mutant.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    Their tactics should be no surprise. It obviously won't make for an easy game. However, I'm fed up with our excuses. Time for us to just start scoring goals, keeping clean sheets and winning games.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    We always get dragged into a dog fight with them 1-1.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    vCash
    Always a tough game no matter the venue. That said we are by far a better team than that lot, if ( and it's a massive if) we can convert 25% of our chances we win.

Taking our chances also negates the need to blame anyone else either. It's about time we started showing a killer instinct in front of goal, we have the players to do it, so frustrating why we struggle at times to convert chances into goals.

I would also offer that whilst our defence is fairly miserly it could be argued we lose soft goals, teams will score at least once against us if they get two or three chances, Falkirk last game at ER is a perfect example.

2-0 Hibs, Cummings and Boyle

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Falkirk are pish, they're not as good as last couple of seasons. If we play as we did against raith we'll pump them.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    Falkirk are pish, they're not as good as last couple of seasons. If we play as we did against raith we'll pump them.
    That they are, but Houston always gets his teams up for playing us.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash
    We are the team the others love to beat or at least take a draw from and act like they have just won the Champions League. Don't know if it is because of the ex gunts thrive off the abuse they get and this gears up the rest of their team or it is just a big scalp. The OF have had this for years but still manage to hold off teams with the very occasional loss or draw. We need to be set up to deal with the physical and mental battle.

My biggest concern at the moment is the lack of goals, some credit has to go the opposition goalies and some down to rotten luck but the indecision on when to shoot and when to pass is wooful. On paper Cummings, Boyle, Keatings or Graham are all more than capable to be on double figures in this league at this point, injuries, players going of the boil or just squandering shots is for me why we are not in 1st with a decent lead. That said if we had a decent goal scorer a few seasons back we would not even be in the Championship.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2499 Post(s)
    vCash
    Falkirk as a club are to a certain extent paying the same price Hibs are for failing to quickly get promoted back to the top league...namely an overlong stay in the second tier of Scottish football leading to a diminished income, leading to a lesser standard of player being attracted, leading to the club finding it harder and harder to get out of said league. No club of Hibs size and even Falkirk's size can progress and move forward season after season in this league. Houston's team for this reason are not as efficient this season as they have been the last couple of seasons and Hibs should be confident of going to the Falkirk stadium and winning. It will be very tough as they have clearly resorted to a more brutal, cynical and physical approach to their game in order to compensate for what they have lost over the last few years, but I'm hoping that Hibs can overcome this and for once take whatever chances we can create during this game.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    We'll get a draw at most.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Falkirk as a club are to a certain extent paying the same price Hibs are for failing to quickly get promoted back to the top league...namely an overlong stay in the second tier of Scottish football leading to a diminished income, leading to a lesser standard of player being attracted, leading to the club finding it harder and harder to get out of said league. No club of Hibs size and even Falkirk's size can progress and move forward season after season in this league. Houston's team for this reason are not as efficient this season as they have been the last couple of seasons and Hibs should be confident of going to the Falkirk stadium and winning. It will be very tough as they have clearly resorted to a more brutal, cynical and physical approach to their game in order to compensate for what they have lost over the last few years, but I'm hoping that Hibs can overcome this and for once take whatever chances we can create during this game.
    Like every week the result will depend on our players taking 2-3 of the 10-15 chances normally created and we will need more than 1 to win cos for whatever reason we still look vulnerable as f@&k whenever a ball comes into the box ..so yet again forwards all eyes are on you ..whoever it maybe that starts this week ...but regardless full time professional footballers shouldn't be missing the chances or lot do ..what the f@$k goes on at east mains and then in their heads in matches , they should be embarrassed at the misses and concentrate on the game for as long as they are on the pitch no excuses this week ..had enough of the a but we are creating chances ..so f@$king what ..!! The pressure is on get used to it , it's self inflicted.
    GGTTH

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    We are the team the others love to beat or at least take a draw from and act like they have just won the Champions League. Don't know if it is because of the ex gunts thrive off the abuse they get and this gears up the rest of their team or it is just a big scalp. The OF have had this for years but still manage to hold off teams with the very occasional loss or draw. We need to be set up to deal with the physical and mental battle.
    This is an oft-overlooked, but painfully accurate, truism; at least in my view.

In many ways, Hibs struggle badly with expectation and there's been precious little evidence, even in winning the Scottish Cup, that this problem has been sorted out. The club as a business and set of players, and us as supporters, simply aren't used to the weight of expectation and find it difficult to live with. There should be no doubt that last season's success has contributed to this expectation, and now that the pressure is on and teams are simply digging in to steal something, we've been found wanting on too many occasions.

Yes, there's the odd bit of bad luck and poor refereeing. Yes, we're missing key players in the middle of the park. But these arguments don't coincide with the fact that we've still got a squad that should be winning comfortably nigh on every week... And isn't.

Ex gunts maintain the attitude of the 22-in-a-row days (certainly the latter part of it), where each draw was treated as a victory. They therefore set up to avoid defeat, and the approach of Houston and Locke epitomises this attitude. "We don't lose to Hibs" became a mantra that, in some ways, ended up helping us in some encounters with them - but look at the response to things like Ozturk's freakish equaliser at Easter Road, or other similar incidents. Hearts fans know that we struggle to beat them, we know that we struggle to beat them, and thus the self-fulfilling prophecy comes about: we struggle to beat them.

Houston and Locke might be untalented mutants, but they know that they're expected to lose these matches in this division, so any kind of result feels like a victory.

As such, that's precisely what they set up for. Avoid defeat at all costs. Saturday will be no different, and it takes next to no effort to set up eleven men in front of the ball.

The problem is that, so far, we've seen no evidence that Hibs are dealing with this any better than they have the last two years. Because these games have traditionally ended up tight, cautious managers tend to assume that losing a goal is a calamity and so they try to keep it tight themselves. We then edge forward, never really committing, and eventually lose a cheap, avoidable goal that sees us panic to find an equaliser. The fact that we often do should, perhaps, indicate that getting forward in numbers is the way to win this league, and the loss of the odd counter-attack goal is nary a price worth considering when you score three at the other end.

Sadly, it's not the approach Lennon takes and I see no reason to believe he'll do it this time.

A tight, cagey fixture is likely to be the order of the day, with the result being an almost certain draw with the small chance of a single-goal winner either way.
    Last edited by Zellviren; 29-12-16 at 23:38.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    vCash
    Now this sounds one of those stupid ways of thinking only football fans get but, basically, I have been really critical of us recently in front of goal and I've finally decided we aren't good enough atm. The team always under-performs in Falkirk and we always seem to be unlucky against them too so there is no way we will win in my head.

Because of all that this will be the game when we win. Then we'll push and win the league

...can you tell that years of the Hibs has driven me barmy? No idea what I think anymore

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6427 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozer1875 View Post
    Now this sounds one of those stupid ways of thinking only football fans get but, basically, I have been really critical of us recently in front of goal and I've finally decided we aren't good enough atm. The team always under-performs in Falkirk and we always seem to be unlucky against them too so there is no way we will win in my head.

Because of all that this will be the game when we win. Then we'll push and win the league

...can you tell that years of the Hibs has driven me barmy? No idea what I think anymore
    Seems to me you have found your spiritual home.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2206 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We'll get a draw at most.
    fortunately we got more

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibee Hibernian on Twitter:

Anyone else seen this? Houston's RAGING

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    We wank just had a dig at us over the signing of Commons, we're no even playing them today, #obsessed.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    His interview on BBC Sport sound today was embarrassing. He hates us!! He's a prick of epic proportions.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1863 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    His interview on BBC Sport sound today was embarrassing. He hates us!! He's a prick of epic proportions.
    what did he say?
    until the sky turns green

GoGO Back To Forum