Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just back and that was rotten......

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usual rules apply, most of you seen that $#@!e on the telly, so have the luxury of reruns, repeats and two views of things. Me, I sat in the main stand, the lavvies a distant half a mile away, silently weeping at this particular version of our fine old club.

Sweet Sauzee, we have turned into the Craig Levien Hoofball Cub. Blooter up the pitch miss-control it, lose it, get it back, blooter up the pitch , miss-control ad infinitum. Thank the great God Frank we have a couple of football players in Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and the little light weight but worth watching Andrew Shinnie, plus the absolute quality of Kris Commons. The goalie did fine too. Hibs were lethargic, half arsed, boring and blooterers. I hate watching this bonnie team of Cup Winners playing like those ****s from Gorgie.

Lennon, week by week, looks more and more like a dafty, dropping Cummings was fine, this ongoing stupid stubborness around Jason was today proven to be just that, Jason scored a great goal, he celebrated in front of the dug out, good for him.

Any worries about Kris Commons fitness are dispelled already, he is fitter than half our team. There are also three players who today were hopeless, and for me should not be playing in a fully fit team. Hopeless is a complement to the three of them. Useless is more accurate.

Another positive was the sight of Keats warming up, nice to see him back.

Dinnae get me wrong, Duff Duffy's Morton are decent team, some nice football, very positive and a lovely bit of dig about them, 8 stane wet midfielders winning midfield battles against so call hard men and some decent football too.

My eyes were bleeding at half time, luckily I spent so much time looking skywards, at hoofballs, I never got a spot of blood on my jaiket.

We have went backwards under Lennon, I would have Alan Stubbs back tomorrow.

The Team

Not too much to say about the keeper, he was fine, had no chance at the goal (although a certain midfielder did but didnae).

Gray is a shadow of the player he was on that pitch onMay 21st, he is turning into the right back version of Lewis.

Lewis is showing David Gray how not to beat a man and put a cross in. He defends ok though.

Darren McGregor was his usual self, he gets proper pas smarks.

Paul Hanlon was a bit wobbly but is a very good footballing defender who you can trust.

I thought Liam Fontaine was absolute $#@!e.

I though t Marvin Bartley was as bad as Fontaine. I have had harder $#@!es.

Andrew Shinnie is a bit of a jessie, but he was for me Hibernian's best player by a country mile, he can pass a ball, he can take a man on.

If that is Kris Commons unfit and no kicked a ball since last April, lets sign him up on a two year deal on the first day of the transfer window.

Martin Boyle is not Hibs best striker, he is not even our second best one. We persevered with him today up front, but he was not scoring that is for sure.

Brian Graham was generally rotten, but them he received around 20 hoofs, neck height or above, the ones he got below his neck he controlled/ dealt with.

The Subs

Holt came on for Graham I think. Holt was $#@!e. That is the best thing I have to say about that hapless, passed it has been.

Jason came on for the useless Fontaine as we went oto 4 4 2 and changed the game, scored a peach. I would rather have Jason Cummings at Hibs than Neil Lennon's style of football.

Forster came on for Boyle for a nanosecond, no one really noticed.

Well tonight is the night where I officially be critical of Neil Lennon and his fat pal. That was $#@!e Neil, Hibs are $#@!e to watch and you tactics are pish. Get rid of Holt, drop Bartley, tell Fontaine he is nae fitba player and hoofing it after a minutes delay is what Hearts do, not Hibs. As for this Cummings intifada, stop it you, Jason is missed, his goals are missed, we miss him. I doubt many of us will miss you Neil, if this is what you think will get us promoted.

The ref was hopeless, back to normal eh?

As I said above, I thought Morton were decent and as good as us. For $#@!s Sake.

The suggestion was a crowd of 2156. I think there was more Mr Taxman. Next time Hibs run free buses, think about it eh? Half empty buses as guys that go every week travelled by car and train.

Man of the match was easy for me, Andrew Shinnie was head and shoulders above his peers. I have grown to like Shinnie, he can pass, takes a man on and goes forward.

Useless Hibs player of the game was a three way tie between Fontaine, Bartley and Holt, all three were garbage.

Raith Rovers next, am no even looking forward to it, I prefered watching Pat Fenlons fitba to this hoofball.

Loadypish Hibs, Loadypish.
    Are you saying i shouldn't be in a hurry to give up watching my Son playing U17s on a Saturday to watch this new Brand of Total Fudball???

Jnr will probably be playing on Saturdays for another couple of years(unless Hibs eventually sign him).
    You certainly aren't selling me the product to come back to The Holy Ground after 5/6 years, Strach!!!

Taxi for Mikey........

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    You're right and I didn't mean otherwise - just my poor grammar. By 'when he joined' I meant that was the time he spoke about it not that he was talking about the players present at that point.
    Fair enough.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    The debate about Lennon was always going to surface at some point, in fact it will surface anytime we don't win or win well in the style Hibs fans ( and most other football fans) want to see.

A section of our support don't like Lennon, a large section of Scottish football doesn't like Lennon. Is very easy to dislike someone and let it cloud judgement about everything said individuals does or says, I have done it loads of time, wrongly, because I just don't like the person.
    @Greenmachine posted some facts on a different but similar thread earlier, he was offering that the loss of key players are affecting how we are playing. Not rocket science ( not disrespectful to GM at all who is the voice of reason) but objective ( you can't argue with facts) reasonable and balanced, nothing to do with Lennon who has assembled a more than good enough squad to get out of this $#@! division.

I would love Hibs to play fast free flowing football and wiping the floor with the opposition, it could be argued that we should be in this league but the reality is so much different. The " Hibs way" is based on a period a lot our fans never seen, yes I think it will always be ( or should be) in our DNA as a club to play football the proper way but if anyone thinks it's the only way to get promoted, sorry, wake up, it's the frickin championship we are in, Hearts and Rangers didn't and they got promoted, idealism rarely prevails sadly.

Is Lennon a good manager? I don't know tbh, I don't think he has done too much wrong with us so far, two defeats ( both extremely unlucky IMO) draws away at difficult places, two of which achieved with 10 men. He is certainly getting tested just now with the incredibly unlucky run of injuries we have suffered. Like him or loath him, he carries a bit clout and I am sure this was instrumental in us securing Commons ( a top top player) that every team outside the top four thought " we would take him in heartbeat".

I don't want to be bored with my team but I will put up with it and persist as I genuinely believe we will promoted this season as champions. I respect most opinions even if they differ from mine, that's football and life. It's far too early to start panicking when after all we are TOP of this $#@! league, top is top peeps. I don't think we can get through the next few weeks without quality squad addition, I also think we will get quality additions, probably a lot of this will be down to Neil Lennon, probably.

Keep the faith

Sensible comments and pretty much my view at the moment. Lennon does not deserve quite as much criticism on the basis that we have 3 of our best...if not best players out and all from the midfield. In bringing in Commons he has attempted to address the situation, and with 90 minutes under his belt hopefully will be more influential against RR. I have not liked Cummings being out, but agreed that if there was a genuine reason then it was not wrong to sit him out as no one is bigger than the team. Boyle went on a good run and so JC had to wait. The time for waiting is now definately over and a guy who is still our top scorer must be included next game.

The team is not playing fluent football, but they are still top of the league. I said at beginning of the season I don't care how we play so long as we win, and this is the issue to my mind. Most people would not get over excited about the play if we were winning, but win we must. We also need to show more desire and urgency. I do believe Lennon will bring some players in come January and we need to be patient and allow him the time to assemble a squad. Couple of new players and the trio back will put a whole new look on the team.Stevenson does need some competition and probably needs to spend far more time in training sending in crosses from his runs on the wing. It is almost inevitable that with growing crowds we will get growing crowds of critics, particularly those who have rarely been to a game in years. I welcome them back, but ask that they be a little considerate of people around them and do not feel they have to give running commentaries, or insult every move the players make...it really is annoying. Try singing, that will exercise your voice box whilst giving people around you much relief from earache.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Dundee Utd where equally as $#@! apparently, the next 3 games are crucial, Raith will be hard being full with Gunts who'll want to prove themselves, and then Falkirk who we've had so many problems with, Dundee Utd at ER im not as concerned about as i believe our team is better than them.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    829 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    I am the same. Lennon has me real worried now when I was so sure about him.

It's like Butcher all over again and I backed the wrong man on that one anaw, not realising it till it was too late. It's the same tactic constantly using the same players who can't play it very well. Square pegs round holes.

Even though our midfield was decimated a mid of Commons, Bartley & Shinnie should still be enough for this $#@!ey league. Surely. And why was Martin dropped from even the subs bench? No mention of him when Lennon was asked about Midfield injuries, so we had no midfielders in the sub pack but 3 strikers? Call me cynical but Martin has been used/dropped to push our case to get Commons in.

As for the whole JC thing....words fail me. Call me cynical again but I think Lennon pushing the boat out to get him to resign was purely a cash thing. He knew nowt about how JC ticks and as the weeks rolled on he started to really dislike the lad and thought he would put him in his place. Did ye see Lennon's face when JC had to come on, He looked well pissed off. He then goes on to say that "I should have probably started him" when asked about Cummings goal. Unfuckinbelievable. And bringing on Holt before him was one of the most petty things I've ever seen.

Could be wrong but that's my take on it and I think it's $#@!in stupid.

With Butcher it took till about 4 games to go before I opened my eyes and realised that we had picked a brutal one dimensional manager...I'm sorry but I'm getting worried that it may have happened again.

Roll on January...some new players might make it worthwhile watching
    Ach; I just don't know, @beefy.

I was so determined to support the appointment of Neil Lennon, and talk up how big an appointment it was, when perhaps we all should have known that it was an odd choice given that we'd picked someone who went against what the club had tried to create under Alan Stubbs (namely, continuity). We got off to a great start results-wise which, under normal circumstances, should have been enough to send us on our way. We then went on an appallingly poor run given our resources, a run that saw us dragged back into a dogfight when the league could, and perhaps should, have been done and dusted by the new year. Maybe winning our first handful of games covered the fact we were playing some pretty ordinary stuff and were effectively bullying results for ourselves.

Maybe I'm just a whinge. I'm honestly not sure. Stubbs often flattered to deceive, something many of us lamented many a time. Lennon is arguably the opposite, a manager that's produced more substance than style... And still we're not happy.

Personally, I never thought Terry Butcher was the right person because he did something very specific at Inverness and the writing was on the wall with us quite quickly after a (now, with hindsight) laboured derby win; I was, if you recall, one of Ian Murray's supporters, hoho. But early signs were arguably not good when over-the-hill players like Grant Holt were brought in, when potentially better value was available to us.

I'm not going to go over my views on Jason Cummings, it's an old argument. But I simply don't get the treatment of the lad, when he's a proven goalscorer at this level and a goalscorer is what we're continually crying out for.

When push comes to shove, I also worry that you've hit the nail on the head in saying that we might have once again picked a one-dimensional manager who hasn't the coaching imagination to understand that you need to approach risk-averse teams with low expectations very differently to how you approach a Champions League game when you expect a hammering.

I so hope I'm wrong. I just don't know what'll happen if we're pipped to the league by Dundee United, and we've got another shredder of playoffs to look forward to.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    vCash
    Eyeballs have only now stopped bleeding after Saturday. Its grim stuff but apart from dropping Boyle for Jason not sure how Lennon can change much with a squad that is decimated in midfield, got no width, limited full backs, and 2 useless interchangeable big huddies up top.

Lennon is here till end of the season. If he can bring in 2 or 3 quality signings in the window - and get the 4 injured quality players fit - still reckon he'll get us up as champions. After that? Cross that bridge when come to it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GoGO Back To Forum