Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and that was rotten......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was rotten......

Usual rules apply, most of you seen that $#@!e on the telly, so have the luxury of reruns, repeats and two views of things. Me, I sat in the main stand, the lavvies a distant half a mile away, silently weeping at this particular version of our fine old club.

Sweet Sauzee, we have turned into the Craig Levien Hoofball Cub. Blooter up the pitch miss-control it, lose it, get it back, blooter up the pitch , miss-control ad infinitum. Thank the great God Frank we have a couple of football players in Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and the little light weight but worth watching Andrew Shinnie, plus the absolute quality of Kris Commons. The goalie did fine too. Hibs were lethargic, half arsed, boring and blooterers. I hate watching this bonnie team of Cup Winners playing like those ****s from Gorgie.

Lennon, week by week, looks more and more like a dafty, dropping Cummings was fine, this ongoing stupid stubborness around Jason was today proven to be just that, Jason scored a great goal, he celebrated in front of the dug out, good for him.

Any worries about Kris Commons fitness are dispelled already, he is fitter than half our team. There are also three players who today were hopeless, and for me should not be playing in a fully fit team. Hopeless is a complement to the three of them. Useless is more accurate.

Another positive was the sight of Keats warming up, nice to see him back.

Dinnae get me wrong, Duff Duffy's Morton are decent team, some nice football, very positive and a lovely bit of dig about them, 8 stane wet midfielders winning midfield battles against so call hard men and some decent football too.

My eyes were bleeding at half time, luckily I spent so much time looking skywards, at hoofballs, I never got a spot of blood on my jaiket.

We have went backwards under Lennon, I would have Alan Stubbs back tomorrow.

The Team

Not too much to say about the keeper, he was fine, had no chance at the goal (although a certain midfielder did but didnae).

Gray is a shadow of the player he was on that pitch onMay 21st, he is turning into the right back version of Lewis.

Lewis is showing David Gray how not to beat a man and put a cross in. He defends ok though.

Darren McGregor was his usual self, he gets proper pas smarks.

Paul Hanlon was a bit wobbly but is a very good footballing defender who you can trust.

I thought Liam Fontaine was absolute $#@!e.

I though t Marvin Bartley was as bad as Fontaine. I have had harder $#@!es.

Andrew Shinnie is a bit of a jessie, but he was for me Hibernian's best player by a country mile, he can pass a ball, he can take a man on.

If that is Kris Commons unfit and no kicked a ball since last April, lets sign him up on a two year deal on the first day of the transfer window.

Martin Boyle is not Hibs best striker, he is not even our second best one. We persevered with him today up front, but he was not scoring that is for sure.

Brian Graham was generally rotten, but them he received around 20 hoofs, neck height or above, the ones he got below his neck he controlled/ dealt with.

The Subs

Holt came on for Graham I think. Holt was $#@!e. That is the best thing I have to say about that hapless, passed it has been.

Jason came on for the useless Fontaine as we went oto 4 4 2 and changed the game, scored a peach. I would rather have Jason Cummings at Hibs than Neil Lennon's style of football.

Forster came on for Boyle for a nanosecond, no one really noticed.

Well tonight is the night where I officially be critical of Neil Lennon and his fat pal. That was $#@!e Neil, Hibs are $#@!e to watch and you tactics are pish. Get rid of Holt, drop Bartley, tell Fontaine he is nae fitba player and hoofing it after a minutes delay is what Hearts do, not Hibs. As for this Cummings intifada, stop it you, Jason is missed, his goals are missed, we miss him. I doubt many of us will miss you Neil, if this is what you think will get us promoted.

The ref was hopeless, back to normal eh?

As I said above, I thought Morton were decent and as good as us. For $#@!s Sake.

The suggestion was a crowd of 2156. I think there was more Mr Taxman. Next time Hibs run free buses, think about it eh? Half empty buses as guys that go every week travelled by car and train.

Man of the match was easy for me, Andrew Shinnie was head and shoulders above his peers. I have grown to like Shinnie, he can pass, takes a man on and goes forward.

Useless Hibs player of the game was a three way tie between Fontaine, Bartley and Holt, all three were garbage.

Raith Rovers next, am no even looking forward to it, I prefered watching Pat Fenlons fitba to this hoofball.

Loadypish Hibs, Loadypish.
    nil satis nisi optimum

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Half empty buses as guys that go every week travelled by car and train.

Interesting if thats what happened, and most likely did as there didnt appear many extra Hibs fans than usual. I had my name down for me and one other, didnt get a slot. I have travelled the last twice to Greenock by car and was hoping to save a little cash. So when I was rejected I decided to stay at home and watch it on tv, save some cash. Thanfully I did as the game was pants...unfortunately I also decided to visit paddypwer online and woulda been cheaper driving to the game

Good report by the way, although I said during game I felt none of the players were passing well and I mentioned Shinnie who had a few rotten passes. He did improve as the game went on but the only person I would give pass marks for good passes and crosses, eg landing roughly where they were intended to was Commons

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Very disturbing report. Am back in Scotland next week for first time years and was planning to take the 5 and 7 year old to their first ever Hibs game. Now I fear the experience could put them off for life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree with everything bar the ref, thought he was decent and had the Morton fans howling all day, they gave Falkirk a close run for whinge of the year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rocky Top Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent summary.

After all the moaning I had read about Kris Commons not being match fit I was pleasantly surprised with his performance -- surely not ready for the old footballers home yet.

Like you said, though, the match was painful viewing with a few exceptions.
    "Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know -- let's have a spelling contest!" ~ Doc Holliday

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    We will not be promoted under Lennon. The man simply doesn't have it as a manager.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)
    vCash
    We miss McGinn & Fyvie big time. We need better delivery from our wingbacks, and we need to stop launching long balls over the heads of actual footballer players like Shinnie & Commons.

Jason's cracking free kick and (hopefully) a return to fitness for Keatings should result in those two starting up front against Raith. Providing that happens, we may actually see some football next week, but I won't hold my breath.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    In my sick bed again so didn't make the trek, and already had a ticking off from 1875 for being a part timer.
    I said I'd rubbish his report but the only bit I'd disagree with is about the ref. I'd say that was one of best performances we've had to tolerate. Aye, faint praise indeed.
    Big Daz was man of the match for me. Commons was OK but not much good to say about the rest. The midfield being decimated has really harmed our play.

Lennon had a chance to steal a few points tonight with the way the other games went.

He didn't take it.

Leaving Big G on the bench could be a decision that costs us big time.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5554 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    In my sick bed again so didn't make the trek, and already had a ticking off from 1875 for being a part timer.
    I said I'd rubbish his report but the only bit I'd disagree with is about the ref. I'd say that was one of best performances we've had to tolerate. Aye, faint praise indeed.
    Big Daz was man of the match for me. Commons was OK but not much good to say about the rest. The midfield being decimated has really harmed our play.

Lennon had a chance to steal a few points tonight with the way the other games went.

He didn't take it.

Leaving Big G on the bench could be a decision that costs us big time.
    I though Big G was hopeless, then my son told me that was Holt, less mobile and more hair than Big G.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    Another difficult watch; I think we were lucky not to lose this one, had it not been for a bit of Jase magic. I think Commons will do very well and was pleased he lasted 90 minutes. I too was disappointed by Barts; who we know isn't really a ball player, but even struggled with his midfield mopping up role. I would drop Fonts, use him as cover and put another forward on. I'd rather have us winning our midfield battles than invite pressure onto our defence. Without a couple of decent saves from Laidlaw we could have found ourselves on the losing end. I agree we struggle without McGinn, Fyvie and now Dylan; maybe we just need to see it through until they return. Fortunately Dundee Utd could only draw today.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    I was in the pub at half 2 cause my darling wife was having a girlie party in the hoose. I'd have normally gone out around kick off time.

Even half cut that wasnae guid.

I hated Lennon 2 years ago and had just about got over that with the new more relaxed style he has about him. His football style however has now got me wincing.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Starting Graham and Boyle has to be a joke. Must be.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1517 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd agree with you especially the three you singled out. My laddie was suggesting holt should be subbed after ten mins.

For all our flaws up until they scored I thought they didn't look like scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well I had a nightmare drove through parked up at the marina car park across the road .
    Noticed it was very quiet too quiet in fact as this car park was a tenner the last time I was through.
    Looked at my phone just to make sure the game was defo Greenock and not Er phew! Thank $#@! for that .....then I seen it 17.15 !! What a fanny had to drive home as I was going out with the wife at 6ish so what a pish day 2.5 hour or so driving for $#@!all on a lighter note I'm glad I didn't pay to watch that just have to make sure I don't take the kick off time for granted.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    Wont be there next week as i'll be on my way to Lanzerote , wont be back at all if HFC hang onto my season ticket lol

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    472 Post(s)
    vCash
    Missed the game tonight as was at usher hall for Bowie experience ( was class)
    Saw GAme on to bbefore hand and can't argue one. Bit with 1875 report. At start of season I was in such a high and excited about the fore coming season and our new management team.
    After the qots cup game I thought things may not be as good as I thought
    Last three games has proven to me that we have went back under Lennon and let's be honest we we're not great under Stubbs apart from that special day.
    Positions that required to be strengthen ain't and Sam old lack of goals still exists
    We need to pick up maxiamum points ove festive period but today shows to me like last seasons when challengers drop points we do not gain it's poor hibs very poor

Bowie amazing night though

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Jason scored a great goal, he celebrated in front of the dug out, good for him.
    Which may well result in him needing to further 'learn his place' and be benched next week and beyond.

Get in there Jason. Great $#@!in goal son.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    830 Post(s)
    vCash
    Watched it on the box.

It's Pat Fenlon, Terry Butcher stuff. I always appreciate "Just Back" but, honestly, it could have been summarised thus:

"We were absolutely murder".

I was one of those who thought Lennon was the right appointment. The last few weeks, however, have really made me think that I was wrong. It appears that he's not got a clue, and the sheer difference in ability between our midfield and everyone else's is what's pulled us through games. We're top of a hopeless league by goal difference. Goal difference.

It's not even close to good enough, and the continual deployment of certain players just makes me want to cry.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Holt brought on ahead of Cummings, really Neil?.
    Performance was mince, beyond eye bleeding.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    vCash
    Pass marks from what I saw on the telly go to Daz McGregor, Hanlon, Commons, Shinnie and Jase. The rest of the team need to get their arses in gear.

This $#@!e from Lennon is the same $#@!e that got us relegated under Butcher. It's not enjoyable to watch, and it's not getting results. Leaving the only striker who seems capable of scoring goals on the bench, regardless of what he's done, is now harming the team, and surely from a manager's perspective that's unacceptable? Certainly is from where I'm sitting. Lennon is easier replaced than Jason.

Last season we may not have been promoted, but we were a Dean sight better to watch in the majority of games, and but for a last minute wonder goal form Falkirk, we might have gone up. As 1875 said, I'd take Stubbs in a heartbeat with the way Lennon has us going atm.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lennon was never a good appointment, he's a big name and can attract signings like KC, that's it. Bang average manager, and he was our 2nd choice.

Baldy radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    790 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    Lennon was never a good appointment, he's a big name and can attract signings like KC, that's it. Bang average manager, and he was our 2nd choice.
    Who was 1st choice?

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)
    vCash
    Usual rules apply, most of you seen that $#@!e on the telly, so have the luxury of reruns, repeats and two views of things. Me, I sat in the main stand, the lavvies a distant half a mile away, silently weeping at this particular version of our fine old club.Sweet Sauzee, we have turned into the Craig Levien Hoofball Cub. Blooter up the pitch miss-control it, lose it, get it back, blooter up the pitch , miss-control ad infinitum. Thank the great God Frank we have a couple of football players in Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and the little light weight but worth watching Andrew Shinnie, plus the absolute quality of Kris Commons. The goalie did fine too. Hibs were lethargic, half arsed, boring and blooterers. I hate watching this bonnie team of Cup Winners playing like those ****s from Gorgie.Lennon, week by week, looks more and more like a dafty, dropping Cummings was fine, this ongoing stupid stubborness around Jason was today proven to be just that, Jason scored a great goal, he celebrated in front of the dug out, good for him. Any worries about Kris Commons fitness are dispelled already, he is fitter than half our team. There are also three players who today were hopeless, and for me should not be playing in a fully fit team. Hopeless is a complement to the three of them. Useless is more accurate. Another positive was the sight of Keats warming up, nice to see him back. Dinnae get me wrong, Duff Duffy's Morton are decent team, some nice football, very positive and a lovely bit of dig about them, 8 stane wet midfielders winning midfield battles against so call hard men and some decent football too.My eyes were bleeding at half time, luckily I spent so much time looking skywards, at hoofballs, I never got a spot of blood on my jaiket.We have went backwards under Lennon, I would have Alan Stubbs back tomorrow.The TeamNot too much to say about the keeper, he was fine, had no chance at the goal (although a certain midfielder did but didnae).Gray is a shadow of the player he was on that pitch onMay 21st, he is turning into the right back version of Lewis.Lewis is showing David Gray how not to beat a man and put a cross in. He defends ok though.Darren McGregor was his usual self, he gets proper pas smarks.Paul Hanlon was a bit wobbly but is a very good footballing defender who you can trust.I thought Liam Fontaine was absolute $#@!e.I though t Marvin Bartley was as bad as Fontaine. I have had harder $#@!es.Andrew Shinnie is a bit of a jessie, but he was for me Hibernian's best player by a country mile, he can pass a ball, he can take a man on.If that is Kris Commons unfit and no kicked a ball since last April, lets sign him up on a two year deal on the first day of the transfer window.Martin Boyle is not Hibs best striker, he is not even our second best one. We persevered with him today up front, but he was not scoring that is for sure.Brian Graham was generally rotten, but them he received around 20 hoofs, neck height or above, the ones he got below his neck he controlled/ dealt with. The SubsHolt came on for Graham I think. Holt was $#@!e. That is the best thing I have to say about that hapless, passed it has been.Jason came on for the useless Fontaine as we went oto 4 4 2 and changed the game, scored a peach. I would rather have Jason Cummings at Hibs than Neil Lennon's style of football.Forster came on for Boyle for a nanosecond, no one really noticed.Well tonight is the night where I officially be critical of Neil Lennon and his fat pal. That was $#@!e Neil, Hibs are $#@!e to watch and you tactics are pish. Get rid of Holt, drop Bartley, tell Fontaine he is nae fitba player and hoofing it after a minutes delay is what Hearts do, not Hibs. As for this Cummings intifada, stop it you, Jason is missed, his goals are missed, we miss him. I doubt many of us will miss you Neil, if this is what you think will get us promoted.The ref was hopeless, back to normal eh?As I said above, I thought Morton were decent and as good as us. For $#@!s Sake.The suggestion was a crowd of 2156. I think there was more Mr Taxman. Next time Hibs run free buses, think about it eh? Half empty buses as guys that go every week travelled by car and train.Man of the match was easy for me, Andrew Shinnie was head and shoulders above his peers. I have grown to like Shinnie, he can pass, takes a man on and goes forward.Useless Hibs player of the game was a three way tie between Fontaine, Bartley and Holt, all three were garbage.Raith Rovers next, am no even looking forward to it, I prefered watching Pat Fenlons fitba to this hoofball.Loadypish Hibs, Loadypish.
    Holt can hold it in and link play. Graham can't.Once again no runners from midfield beyond the forwards. No point Lennon playing direct style without runners.No legs in midfield. Marv can't move and can't move ball quickly. I'd like Martin to get chance.Shinnie and commons good ballers but can't run. Therefore we are easily closed down

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Still in the camp of giving Lennon more time. We had a half arsed summer transfer window and Lennon was at the World Cup for most of it. I think once injuries are back and he's brought in some decent quality, we'll see some better football being played.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    Even if we wanted to get rid of Lennon I doubt we could, the pay off would be to much.

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    We really need to be thinking about a new left back Stevenson just isn't good enough he has been a good servant to hibs but we need better.

Snuff Munching Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    More dropped points that will cost us dear at the business end of the season

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hard to disagree with most of that, but I thought we improved a fair bit when Holt came on. I don't know exactly what he does but we always seem to play better with him on the pitch (with Dundee united being the one exception). For next week we either need to change things up by dropping the likes of Fontaine, Bartley & Stevenson or change the formation to something more suitable. This 3-5-2 with Stevenson & Gray providing width & Bartley sitting clearly isn't working & if Lennon can't see that we're in big trouble.....

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1517 Post(s)
    vCash
    Scott Allan created more goals than all our current midfielders put together I suspect. I'm hopeful that commons can bring balance and create space for other midfielders to contribute more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    Its getting worse by the week! That was utter horse$#@! fae Hibs last night!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2025 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Watched it on the box.

It's Pat Fenlon, Terry Butcher stuff. I always appreciate "Just Back" but, honestly, it could have been summarised thus:

"We were absolutely murder".

I was one of those who thought Lennon was the right appointment. The last few weeks, however, have really made me think that I was wrong. It appears that he's not got a clue, and the sheer difference in ability between our midfield and everyone else's is what's pulled us through games. We're top of a hopeless league by goal difference. Goal difference.

It's not even close to good enough, and the continual deployment of certain players just makes me want to cry.
    I am the same. Lennon has me real worried now when I was so sure about him.

It's like Butcher all over again and I backed the wrong man on that one anaw, not realising it till it was too late. It's the same tactic constantly using the same players who can't play it very well. Square pegs round holes.

Even though our midfield was decimated a mid of Commons, Bartley & Shinnie should still be enough for this $#@!ey league. Surely. And why was Martin dropped from even the subs bench? No mention of him when Lennon was asked about Midfield injuries, so we had no midfielders in the sub pack but 3 strikers? Call me cynical but Martin has been used/dropped to push our case to get Commons in.

As for the whole JC thing....words fail me. Call me cynical again but I think Lennon pushing the boat out to get him to resign was purely a cash thing. He knew nowt about how JC ticks and as the weeks rolled on he started to really dislike the lad and thought he would put him in his place. Did ye see Lennon's face when JC had to come on, He looked well pissed off. He then goes on to say that "I should have probably started him" when asked about Cummings goal. Unfuckinbelievable. And bringing on Holt before him was one of the most petty things I've ever seen.

Could be wrong but that's my take on it and I think it's $#@!in stupid.

With Butcher it took till about 4 games to go before I opened my eyes and realised that we had picked a brutal one dimensional manager...I'm sorry but I'm getting worried that it may have happened again.

Roll on January...some new players might make it worthwhile watching

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sadly an accurate report of where we find ourselves at this juncture . However I think we can improve when we get players back and a few acquisitions. The good news is were top and brutal I realise that's a hard sell. Lennon can get this team to play good football and I will hope he finds that mojo again sometime soon. We are all now seeing the flaws but I tend focus on how we sort it. We need to get players in , some players need to address their attitude and self belief. Lennon needs to roll his sleeves up and coming oot swinging. And we need to stick firmly behind the Manager and the team. All very simple statements perhaps not so much in reality.
    We will win this league but it is not going to be done the Hibernian way. Keep the faith ...........However I remain a sour faced git at this time.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    Bartley was absolutely horrible, and the reason most of our more promising attacking play broke down.

And as someone rightly noted above, Lennon is easier replaced than Jase. I really fear we might lose him due to Lennon alienating him, which would be just stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    I am the same. Lennon has me real worried now when I was so sure about him.

It's like Butcher all over again and I backed the wrong man on that one anaw, not realising it till it was too late. It's the same tactic constantly using the same players who can't play it very well. Square pegs round holes.

Even though our midfield was decimated a mid of Commons, Bartley & Shinnie should still be enough for this $#@!ey league. Surely. And why was Martin dropped from even the subs bench? No mention of him when Lennon was asked about Midfield injuries, so we had no midfielders in the sub pack but 3 strikers? Call me cynical but Martin has been used/dropped to push our case to get Commons in.

As for the whole JC thing....words fail me. Call me cynical again but I think Lennon pushing the boat out to get him to resign was purely a cash thing. He knew nowt about how JC ticks and as the weeks rolled on he started to really dislike the lad and thought he would put him in his place. Did ye see Lennon's face when JC had to come on, He looked well pissed off. He then goes on to say that "I should have probably started him" when asked about Cummings goal. Unfuckinbelievable. And bringing on Holt before him was one of the most petty things I've ever seen.

Could be wrong but that's my take on it and I think it's $#@!in stupid.

With Butcher it took till about 4 games to go before I opened my eyes and realised that we had picked a brutal one dimensional manager...I'm sorry but I'm getting worried that it may have happened again.

Roll on January...some new players might make it worthwhile watching
    How I'm feeling to. I too backed that prick Butcher to be appointed and throughout his tenure at ER.

His treatment of Cummings has made me conclude he's a $#@!.

Even if Lennon gets us up he will do it having depressed us and prepared us for a relegation battle next year.

Wonder what's greater the pay off or promotion bonus....

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Even if Lennon gets us up he will do it having depressed us and prepared us for a relegation battle next year.
    Doubt if many will be depressed if/when we get promotion, K.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    I guess at the moment I'm just thinking that surely it will get a bit better?

I mean, there's no denying that we've been rank rotten to watch of late. We are still top (just) which is about the only upside. We are however very, very good at the back, which IMO is carrying us at the moment. We just don't seem to have any cohesion or fluency to our attacking play. There's been glimpses, but nothing consistent. Our absolute horror run of injuries is certainly not helping.

Perhaps the solution is more simple than we imagine - for instance, I actually thought we looked a lot better when we went to a back four last night? Worth a try?

I'm just really reluctant to totally turn on the manager, or indeed the team, at this stage. I can't see how it'll help. Emptying Lennon would be suicidal, as Dundee Utd are way too close for comfort, and would surely take full advantage. However, it's fair to say I have very real concerns - which I imagine the board will share, as failing to get promoted is an existential scenario. It could prove catastrophic. With that in mind, we need to finish first, because the sheer pressure of playoffs would be on a level that I think would be our worst enemy - anyone here believe the players wouldn't fold?

Fact is, IMO, Lennon needs backed in January, and heavily backed. If we have to spend our way up this year, then so be it. I've said it before - financial prudence right now could turn out to be the biggest false economy in our history. Balancing the books in 2016/17 will be meaningless in the face of crowds of 6-7k next year, and the ensuing downward spiral, which I firmly believe would be the outcome of failure to go up. It's time for them to chuck the chequebook at it.

As for us, it's time to grit our teeth, and keep supporting the players no matter how bad the fitba is. We can worry about the way forward once the championship is secured.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Doubt if many will be depressed if/when we get promotion, K.
    The style of football is such that many who go are bored. I am. It's horrible to watch. Sorry it's brutal.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    The style of football is such that many who go are bored. I am. It's horrible to watch. Sorry it's brutal.
    I'd seriously consider, even if we went up, not renewing my season ticket next year tbh if Lennon was still manager and persisted with his version of anti football. Why pay that money for something you don't enjoy. I haven't got the money to do that unfortunately.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)
    vCash
    I can accede to that, it's supposed to be an entertainment industry.

If Hibs had won the Scottish Cup last season playing such football few would have been depressed. Ditto promotion in 2017, would be my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    I thought he was an 'average' manager who had never proven his credentials ( except the run in Europe) when he was appointed. When I had the audacity to question how much of his 'high profile' was achieved for his off field 'activities', I was villified. It's interesting to read some opinions of those who saw him as a brilliant signing. Having said that, I am willing to give him time, as our squad has been decimated. I reckon any half decent manager should be able to take Hibs up and shall not credit Lennon even if we are promoted. I always enjoy reading 'just back' and usually agree with most of it. However, I am not one of the folk who thinks Holt is useless. He will never charge up the pitch beating 3 folk and then send a rocket into the far corner,but he does hold the ball, allowing a player to run off, if only we had a player to do the running. I also thought the ref. yesterday was okay. He allowed several challenges which was refreshing to see. I reckon Cummings will be back against Raith. I had no problem when he was dropped, as he had not been delivering, but it's time to get him back. I am undecided re Graham. He was woeful yesterday, but was not alone. Sadly ( as I like him) we need someone to replace Stevenson. If Shinnie could 'toughen up' he would be a helluva player. It was reassuring to see Commons lasting the 90 minutes, tho' he did not 'bust a gut'. It would be interesting to see if he could develop an understanding with Cummings.
    So....I still think Hibs will be promoted,but will not 'skoosh' this League. Unlike others, I think Dundee Utd. have a good team and the manager I had hoped would come to Hibs. To say they are 'ordinary' is not saying much for Hibs. Does anyone know when Fyvie might be back, as he would make a difference?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Barone View Post
    I'd seriously consider, even if we went up, not renewing my season ticket next year tbh if Lennon was still manager and persisted with his version of anti football. Why pay that money for something you don't enjoy. I haven't got the money to do that unfortunately.

Under Stubbs we all enjoyed our football. First season because of the shambles he inherited we were very early on playing catch up on the Gunts. Second season to a certain extent the Huns got it together and our league form was affected by our cup runs.

There's now no excuses. Lennon inherited a good squad. A club with tremendous feel good following the cup win. And he's got a decent budget especially for this league. His preparations in the summer were poor and his signings likewise.

We've had shocking results in Cup competitions at ER. And in the league we've given Dundee Utd impetus through our lack of conviction. And we are a team that plays eye bleeding hoofball with a 20 goal a season striker left on the bench as Lennon plays Boyle, Graham and the finished Holt ahead of him. He needs to fast change our horrible style of football and our stuttering results.

And yes even if we do go up I'm not interested in watching Williamson/Fenlon/Butcher 'football'. So I definitely won't be renewing or going unless it changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash
    Do you think the players and Lennon are on the same page?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    I can accede to that, it's supposed to be an entertainment industry.

If Hibs had won the Scottish Cup last season playing such football few would have been depressed. Ditto promotion in 2017, would be my humble opinion.
    A one off cup tie up against opposition in a higher league is one thing. Playing like that in a lower league up against inferior opposition is inexcusable IMO.

And if it continues watch it reflected in the attendances...

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)
    vCash
    A one off cup tie up against opposition in a higher league is one thing. Playing like that in a lower league up against inferior opposition is inexcusable IMO.

Evidence appears to show that the only thing that influences attendances positively is winning games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    The debate about Lennon was always going to surface at some point, in fact it will surface anytime we don't win or win well in the style Hibs fans ( and most other football fans) want to see.

A section of our support don't like Lennon, a large section of Scottish football doesn't like Lennon. Is very easy to dislike someone and let it cloud judgement about everything said individuals does or says, I have done it loads of time, wrongly, because I just don't like the person.
    @Greenmachine posted some facts on a different but similar thread earlier, he was offering that the loss of key players are affecting how we are playing. Not rocket science ( not disrespectful to GM at all who is the voice of reason) but objective ( you can't argue with facts) reasonable and balanced, nothing to do with Lennon who has assembled a more than good enough squad to get out of this $#@! division.

I would love Hibs to play fast free flowing football and wiping the floor with the opposition, it could be argued that we should be in this league but the reality is so much different. The " Hibs way" is based on a period a lot our fans never seen, yes I think it will always be ( or should be) in our DNA as a club to play football the proper way but if anyone thinks it's the only way to get promoted, sorry, wake up, it's the frickin championship we are in, Hearts and Rangers didn't and they got promoted, idealism rarely prevails sadly.

Is Lennon a good manager? I don't know tbh, I don't think he has done too much wrong with us so far, two defeats ( both extremely unlucky IMO) draws away at difficult places, two of which achieved with 10 men. He is certainly getting tested just now with the incredibly unlucky run of injuries we have suffered. Like him or loath him, he carries a bit clout and I am sure this was instrumental in us securing Commons ( a top top player) that every team outside the top four thought " we would take him in heartbeat".

I don't want to be bored with my team but I will put up with it and persist as I genuinely believe we will promoted this season as champions. I respect most opinions even if they differ from mine, that's football and life. It's far too early to start panicking when after all we are TOP of this $#@! league, top is top peeps. I don't think we can get through the next few weeks without quality squad addition, I also think we will get quality additions, probably a lot of this will be down to Neil Lennon, probably.

Keep the faith

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash

What players does NL have available to him right now that can play it through midfield? Apart from shinnie it's potentially only youngsters like Martin. I don't watch the development team and will defer to those who do on the lad's readiness. Perhaps Lennon is being too conservative in (not) blooding youngsters but within the context of the established first team pool it's not surprising he's opting for route one.

If he doesn't start Jason next time our then IMHO that is a mistake and finger pointing is justified. You could argue that's already the case re Jason against Morton - but in Lennon's defence he was faced with the choice of dropping graham who scored last week when Jason was quiet, corners apart. That rationale is now gone and it's Jason who has re-earned as starting place by scoring.

The hoof ball is a different question though - until some of the injured return I am not sure that slick passing through midfield is an option. You could argue this is the kind of adaption to circumstances that Stubbs never made.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6487 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    What players does NL have available to him right now that can play it through midfield? Apart from shinnie it's potentially only youngsters like Martin. I don't watch the development team and will defer to those who do on the lad's readiness. Perhaps Lennon is being too conservative in (not) blooding youngsters but within the context of the established first team pool it's not surprising he's opting for route one.

If he doesn't start Jason next time our then IMHO that is a mistake and finger pointing is justified. You could argue that's already the case re Jason against Morton - but in Lennon's defence he was faced with the choice of dropping graham who scored last week when Jason was quiet, corners apart. That rationale is now gone and it's Jason who has re-earned as starting place by scoring.

The hoof ball is a different question though - until some of the injured return I am not sure that slick passing through midfield is an option.
    Lewis Stevenson can play in midfield. He was man of the match in a Hibs side that won a cup final.

And apparently we have a more than competent young laddie who could come in to play left back.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Re Jason's 'disciplining' - NL spoke of the boy band mentality at the club when he joined; implying that too much young talent and the teams chances had been squandered by their wayward behaviour going unchecked. I think that analysis is correct. I think we should wait and see how Jason performs on his return before deciding whether Lennon has overplayed his hand in - I presume - attempting to correct this kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Lewis Stevenson can play in midfield. He was man of the match in a Hibs side that won a cup final.

And apparently we have a more than competent young laddie who could come in to play left back.
    I'd blood Martin in midfield before trying a youngster in defence and I'm not sure Lewis has final ball in him.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by egb_hibs View Post
    Re Jason's 'disciplining' - NL spoke of the boy band mentality at the club when he joined; implying that too much young talent and the teams chances had been squandered by their wayward behaviour going unchecked. I think that analysis is correct. I think we should wait and see how Jason performs on his return before deciding whether Lennon has overplayed his hand in - I presume - attempting to correct this kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd blood Martin in midfield before trying a youngster in defence and I'm not sure Lewis has final ball in him.
    I'm happy to be corrected, but when he made the 'boy band' comment, I think he was talking about the team he played against and thought were soft, and distracted by their minor celebrity status: he named a few of them specifically as thinking they'd made it (Whittaker comes to mind, but I might be wrong...), which I thought was a bit unfair at the time. He was talking about the 'George Street Dynasty'.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs1986 View Post
    I'm happy to be corrected, but when he made the 'boy band' comment, I think he was talking about the team he played against and thought were soft, and distracted by their minor celebrity status: he named a few of them specifically as thinking they'd made it (Whittaker comes to mind, but I might be wrong...), which I thought was a bit unfair at the time. He was talking about the 'George Street Dynasty'.
    You're right and I didn't mean otherwise - just my poor grammar. By 'when he joined' I meant that was the time he spoke about it not that he was talking about the players present at that point.

GoGO Back To Forum