216 Post(s)
    5643 Post(s)

Hibernian Dumbarton

A visit from the Sons of the Rock the morn, it casts my mind back to our visit there at the start of the season and our 'banter' with a house full of recently 'Grayed' Huns. Tomorrow is a Hibs kids game, although gone are the days of squeaky chants of 'Hibees' from 1000's of wee potential Hibs Fans, with no more free matches for friends of Hibs kids, at 12 quid a ticket for a five year old, we killed any chance of filling the ground with excited bairns. Talking of Bairns, much as I hate Peter Houston, the puss filled plook of a man, Falkirk FC do not charge a red cent for any kid under 12 to get in. I applaud them for that and ask Hibs to have a long hard think about pricing for kids.

To the fitba...........well we are a man or two down. Rocky the latest addition to Emergency Ward 10, joining Super John, Fraser, Keats and Danny Handling in the limpathon. With that in mind and remembering the first half hoofball and over all dire hibs performance in front of over 3000 travelling Hibs fans, I would like to see the following teamline up.

Laidlaw - I like the laddie, and have no concerns he is in instead of Rocky.
    Gray
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Fontaine
    Stevenson
    Holding Midfielder - Well I was accused of being anti Marvin, I am not, I just find him boring to watch and over rated as a hard man. If he plays as the fourth centre half against Dumbarton, fair enough, but play there.
    Dylan played as the holding midfielder last week, falling over Marv a big part of the game. I think he gives us more further forward, although I still worry about his fitness an the weird shape the 3 1 2 1 1 2 set up offers?
    Shinnie has been at his best the last few weeks, ok he is a jessie but he has ability, a nice touch and tries to feed the forwards.

Up front, well that is a tough one. Holt has taken a doing online this week, he is a Marmite player for many. Me, I think he is finished and I would drop him but I think Lennon will pick him.

I prefer to see Brian Graham. I have read lots of bouncers write him off as duff, yet he rarely gets a start, gets the tail end of games but often actually does score goals and can header a ball goalwards if given the service.

I do think we will see the return of Hibernian's top goalscorer of the last two seasons, Jason Cummings. His 'grounding' by Lennon has gotten ridiculous. Jason needs to play, score a few the morn and put this pish to bed. You are doing yourself no favours Neil, we dinnae score enough and Boyles little foray as striker came to an end last week with his piss poor performance at Tannadice.

Dumbarton will be hurting after losing at home to a Junior team, Hibs need to give them a right good doing first half, get a few goals and push on before anyone else gets hurt.

Finally, I expect at least 4 signings in the window, loans will do, but lets look for quality and pay for it if we have too.

3382 Post(s)
    Finally, I expect at least 4 signings in the window, loans will do, but lets look for quality and pay for it if we have too.
    We have to, in more ways than one: 1) we have to because quality costs money, especially in January; 2) more importantly, we have to because we have to finish first.

I personally am hoping that the powers that be realise that it is stick or twist time - if a "fiscally imprudent" outlay is what it takes, then so be it. Because the alternative really doesn't bear thinking about. Any failure to invest would rapidly prove to be the single greatest false economy in the history of the club.

376 Post(s)
    A visit from the Sons of the Rock the morn, it casts my mind back to our visit there at the start of the season and our 'banter' with a house full of recently 'Grayed' Huns. Tomorrow is a Hibs kids game, although gone are the days of squeaky chants of 'Hibees' from 1000's of wee potential Hibs Fans, with no more free matches for friends of Hibs kids, at 12 quid a ticket for a five year old, we killed any chance of filling the ground with excited bairns. Talking of Bairns, much as I hate Peter Houston, the puss filled plook of a man, Falkirk FC do not charge a red cent for any kid under 12 to get in. I applaud them for that and ask Hibs to have a long hard think about pricing for kids.To the fitba...........well we are a man or two down. Rocky the latest addition to Emergency Ward 10, joining Super John, Fraser, Keats and Danny Handling in the limpathon. With that in mind and remembering the first half hoofball and over all dire hibs performance in front of over 3000 travelling Hibs fans, I would like to see the following teamline up.Laidlaw - I like the laddie, and have no concerns he is in instead of Rocky.Gray McGregorHanlonFontaineStevensonHolding Midfielder - Well I was accused of being anti Marvin, I am not, I just find him boring to watch and over rated as a hard man. If he plays as the fourth centre half against Dumbarton, fair enough, but play there.Dylan played as the holding midfielder last week, falling over Marv a big part of the game. I think he gives us more further forward, although I still worry about his fitness an the weird shape the 3 1 2 1 1 2 set up offers?Shinnie has been at his best the last few weeks, ok he is a jessie but he has ability, a nice touch and tries to feed the forwards. Up front, well that is a tough one. Holt has taken a doing online this week, he is a Marmite player for many. Me, I think he is finished and I would drop him but I think Lennon will pick him.I prefer to see Brian Graham. I have read lots of bouncers write him off as duff, yet he rarely gets a start, gets the tail end of games but often actually does score goals and can header a ball goalwards if given the service.I do think we will see the return of Hibernian's top goalscorer of the last two seasons, Jason Cummings. His 'grounding' by Lennon has gotten ridiculous. Jason needs to play, score a few the morn and put this pish to bed. You are doing yourself no favours Neil, we dinnae score enough and Boyles little foray as striker came to an end last week with his piss poor performance at Tannadice.Dumbarton will be hurting after losing at home to a Junior team, Hibs need to give them a right good doing first half, get a few goals and push on before anyone else gets hurt.Finally, I expect at least 4 signings in the window, loans will do, but lets look for quality and pay for it if we have too.
    Hard game, they all are now, nog least because of the pressure and expectations from us as a support.In reality NL can't shuffle the pack too much, the balance in midfield is a worry for me.Whoever plays up front, any permutation, we have the quality to overcome any defence in this league when on form imo.I like Holt, he may be finished as a top top player but not for the Scottish Championship which is average at most. He is not totally blameless but we have failed to deliver quality service to him or switched onto playing off his knock downs and flicks.I expect a turgid game tomorrow tbh, no matter it's one I expect to win. Lots of flapping going on amongst bouncers just now, understandable given the necessity to get promoted but a tad early given we are top and still 21 games to play, my opinion only of course.

378 Post(s)
    I'd play scott Martin instead of marv, he done well first game off the season at Falkirk and thought at the time it was harsh to drop him and he's no kicked a ball since. I agree with on starting with graham and jase, we need goals and jase is a natural born goal scorer that will score goals he's proved that and graham has always done well and got a few goals when he's had a decent amount of time on the park

18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1337 View Post
    Hard game, they all are now, nog least because of the pressure and expectations from us as a support.In reality NL can't shuffle the pack too much, the balance in midfield is a worry for me.Whoever plays up front, any permutation, we have the quality to overcome any defence in this league when on form imo.I like Holt, he may be finished as a top top player but not for the Scottish Championship which is average at most. He is not totally blameless but we have failed to deliver quality service to him or switched onto playing off his knock downs and flicks.I expect a turgid game tomorrow tbh, no matter it's one I expect to win. Lots of flapping going on amongst bouncers just now, understandable given the necessity to get promoted but a tad early given we are top and still 21 games to play, my opinion only of course.
    Why do we not give one of the young midfielder,s a chance. .
    Surely one is good enough, given the opportunity.
    And they would be chewing at the Bit'. given the chance. .GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

When a manager needs victory's you rarely see youngsters these days.Agree with op on Marv bores me tae death.Actually think he would be a better asset in the top flight away from home. Until we beat united on the 6th I shall remain a sour faced git.

2484 Post(s)
    I think Hibs will win tomorrow probably 2 or 3-0.

On the subject of Marvin Bartley he is an out and out defensive midfielder...in other words his job on the pitch is to win the ball off the opposition and pass it to more attack minded players in the team. He is good at that job IMO. I don't expect any more from him. You can't ask a player to do something with the ball which he is incapable of doing. Bartley does what he does and it is an important job. In certain games this sort of player is vital, but IMO tomorrows match isn't one of them. I would like to see Scott Martin given a chance tomorrow, but I have a feeling Lennon will stick with the experienced Bartley.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 10-12-16 at 10:11.

23 Post(s)
    566 Post(s)
    I too like Barts and his midfield 'enforcer' role. However he sometimes takes a while to get into games and gets exposed for pace. I suppose it depends if NL plays five at the back; which I think doesn't work with a Barts style player. If he plays four at the back then plants Barts in midfield it could push MCGeouch a little further forward. Play two up front and that allows two more midfielders in; possibly including Scott Martin.

414 Post(s)
    Playing 5-3-2 at home to Dumbarton is $#@!ing bonkers enough especially when your full backs attacking threat means this can never really be an effective 3-5-2. To have Bartley as one of the 3 midfielders in such a system would be mental, mind you Lennon persisted with 5 defenders v 10 man Falkirk until well into the 2nd half...

161 Post(s)
    6534 Post(s)
    Got a wee feeling we will hammer them...

6390 Post(s)
    Got a wee feeling we will hammer them...
    I know that feeling all too well.

2071 Post(s)
    Lots of mumping, moans & groans before we finally win 2-0 in a tediously turgid game.

161 Post(s)
    Hibs will destroy them. Run up a cricket score. I'll go for 6-0. Or if Cummings plays from the start he'll grab 2 in a 3-0 win.

85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Sleeves View Post
    Hibs will destroy them. Run up a cricket score. I'll go for 6-0. Or if Cummings plays from the start he'll grab 2 in a 3-0 win.Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Dream on! I'll be happy with 1-0. They will be determined not to concede after their Cup result.

85 Post(s)
    Hope NL see's sense and leaves Bartley on the bench we don't need 3 centre half's and deep sitting central midfielder against Dumbarton ..No disrespect to them ! He slows the game down and we get nothing out of him going forward ..Mcgeoch and Martin have enough about them to control he midfield..and Scott Martin does get himself forward ..
    If we are wanting goals it needs to be Cummings and Graham up front ..both can score goals and have efforts ..Holt just seems to either offload or is half a yard slow in the box and 2 yards slow outside the box !!
    Hopefully our fullbacks get their fingers out and get a fair percentage of decent deliveries in today ..because their contributions are vital and have been poor mostly ..hence lack of chances from wide areas !
    A win is a must ..!!

195 Post(s)
    A visit from the Sons of the Rock the morn, it casts my mind back to our visit there at the start of the season and our 'banter' with a house full of recently 'Grayed' Huns. Tomorrow is a Hibs kids game, although gone are the days of squeaky chants of 'Hibees' from 1000's of wee potential Hibs Fans, with no more free matches for friends of Hibs kids, at 12 quid a ticket for a five year old, we killed any chance of filling the ground with excited bairns. Talking of Bairns, much as I hate Peter Houston, the puss filled plook of a man, Falkirk FC do not charge a red cent for any kid under 12 to get in. I applaud them for that and ask Hibs to have a long hard think about pricing for kids.To the fitba...........well we are a man or two down. Rocky the latest addition to Emergency Ward 10, joining Super John, Fraser, Keats and Danny Handling in the limpathon. With that in mind and remembering the first half hoofball and over all dire hibs performance in front of over 3000 travelling Hibs fans, I would like to see the following teamline up.Laidlaw - I like the laddie, and have no concerns he is in instead of Rocky.Gray McGregorHanlonFontaineStevensonHolding Midfielder - Well I was accused of being anti Marvin, I am not, I just find him boring to watch and over rated as a hard man. If he plays as the fourth centre half against Dumbarton, fair enough, but play there.Dylan played as the holding midfielder last week, falling over Marv a big part of the game. I think he gives us more further forward, although I still worry about his fitness an the weird shape the 3 1 2 1 1 2 set up offers?Shinnie has been at his best the last few weeks, ok he is a jessie but he has ability, a nice touch and tries to feed the forwards. Up front, well that is a tough one. Holt has taken a doing online this week, he is a Marmite player for many. Me, I think he is finished and I would drop him but I think Lennon will pick him.I prefer to see Brian Graham. I have read lots of bouncers write him off as duff, yet he rarely gets a start, gets the tail end of games but often actually does score goals and can header a ball goalwards if given the service.I do think we will see the return of Hibernian's top goalscorer of the last two seasons, Jason Cummings. His 'grounding' by Lennon has gotten ridiculous. Jason needs to play, score a few the morn and put this pish to bed. You are doing yourself no favours Neil, we dinnae score enough and Boyles little foray as striker came to an end last week with his piss poor performance at Tannadice.Dumbarton will be hurting after losing at home to a Junior team, Hibs need to give them a right good doing first half, get a few goals and push on before anyone else gets hurt.Finally, I expect at least 4 signings in the window, loans will do, but lets look for quality and pay for it if we have too.
    Hibs kids members are free today. Allocated the south stand.

4245 Post(s)
    When Dumbarton and all these other teams come and park the bus we shouldn't even bother with a full defence!

Two defenders at most :-) the rest giving them a torrid time in their half.

We need to swamp their box with wave after wave of relentless attacks buzzing around like bees.

23 nil to the Hibees!

378 Post(s)
    Laidlaw, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Hanlon, Stevenson, Bartley, Shinnie, Boyle, Cummings, Graham

Virtanen, Holt, McGeouch, Forster, Eardley, Crane, Martin

surprised but not surprised at the same time mcgeouch has been dropped too bench, the laddie can't play 2 weeks in a row would've preferred too see Martin starting! Happy to see JC and BG up front hopefully get a few goals between them today

787 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Laidlaw, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Hanlon, Stevenson, Bartley, Shinnie, Boyle, Cummings, Graham

Virtanen, Holt, McGeouch, Forster, Eardley, Crane, Martin

surprised but not surprised at the same time mcgeouch has been dropped too bench, the laddie can't play 2 weeks in a row would've preferred too see Martin starting! Happy to see JC and BG up front hopefully get a few goals between them today
    Not the best team but should be good enough to beat Dumbarton.

0-1 D'Utd

$#@! start. Pub team stuff, no promotion if we play like this.

I actually thought we'd hump Dumbarton today, I take that back.

We're missing Holt, Graham can't hold it up as well so our attacks are basically over before they have started

213 Post(s)
    4931 Post(s)
    This is gash

They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.

Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

787 Post(s)
    Miss McGinn and Fyvie, Bartley I like but not someone to play at ER.

213 Post(s)
    4931 Post(s)
    Goal Hibs .... hanlon

They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.

Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

787 Post(s)
    Thank F for that.

4245 Post(s)
    22 in the second half. This is going to be GREAT!

Hopefully better than the huff n puff first half.

787 Post(s)
    Huff and puff pub team stuff, such a disjointed team.

2-0 Graham.

213 Post(s)
    4931 Post(s)
    What a difference Dylan makes

787 Post(s)
    A wins a win.

2712 Post(s)
    3 points and still top.
    Well done Hibs
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

4421 Post(s)
    Hard to watch.

378 Post(s)
    Another 3 points on the board that's all that really matters but that was tough too watch at times, the referee certainly didn't help the case though.
    bartley just doesn't do it for me he is a point in the team but it's no at home against a part time team, we've effectively got 6 defenders on the park when he's playing. What a difference in us when we have a bit urgency and drive at them instead of hitting and hoping it up the park

85 Post(s)
    That was a struggle .....does Cummings want to get a start in other games ? What an attitude from someone who is young and apparently wants to play ! Boyle flashes of great play then non existent ! 3 up front and work rate and movement wasn't good at all for about 70 minutes of that game !!
    But a win is a win ....

3382 Post(s)
    I'll take the last 20 mins. Agree with @Jamie, what a difference Dylan made - suddenly the passing from deep was crisper, more incisive. Boyle suddenly woke up too.

Stodgy stuff otherwise. But we need to start playing a lot better to stay at the top of the pile, I feel.

Dire stuff and summed up the Cummings dilemma. The team looked like it looked last time he was in it; like it didn't know where the goal was.

And yet after an anonymous first half, Jason's corner created Hanlon's goal, and he produced more useful corners in the second half than we've done for donkeys.

Overall though, we missed Holt, despite people's impression he does nowt, the lack of his holding was very apparent.

Role on January as this team needs wing players that will bring Jason into the game and / or another striking option.

195 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    What a difference Dylan makes
    Spot on. Sadly Lennon isn't a fan.

2504 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Spot on. Sadly Lennon isn't a fan.
    Just wondering if Dylans mibbes no fully fit and Lennon is using him sparingly as a result of our other injuries. Night and day after he came on today. Lennon must have seen that too.

134 Post(s)
    We have good players, our manager is not deploying them properly. He's trying to play a style we don't have the players for. 3 CH's and a defensive midfielder at home continually being played just beggars belief. I really hope he can get folk in during January to suit how he wants to play because that today was eye-bleeding industrial stuff. Only saving grace is that we are top - not kidding myself though - that against any other top 5 team would have been a defeat.

195 Post(s)
    Just wondering if Dylans mibbes no fully fit and Lennon is using him sparingly as a result of our other injuries. Night and day after he came on today. Lennon must have seen that too.
    Good point. Can't afford anymore injuries. Lennon wasn't a fan of him at Celtic either.Hopefully Dylan can't get run in team and get fully match fit. He makes us tick.

2712 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Good point. Can't afford anymore injuries. Lennon wasn't a fan of him at Celtic either.Hopefully Dylan can't get run in team and get fully match fit. He makes us tick.
    Lennon went to Dylans house and persuaded him to sign for Celtic from Rangers,it was in an interview he gave in the summer...
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

161 Post(s)
    6534 Post(s)
    I was bored to tears. We are horrible to watch. Lennon is killing the feel good factor.

3573 Post(s)
    I was bored to tears. We are horrible to watch. Lennon is killing the feel good factor.
    Under Stubbs we were terrific to watch at times. We`re starting to become a Fenlon team again.

But this time, we dont have Sparky.

2712 Post(s)
    We are horrible to watch but another 4 months of wins and we're done...
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

161 Post(s)
    6534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    We are horrible to watch but another 4 months of wins and we're done...
    Not sharing your confidence mate we will get the job done playing like that.

2712 Post(s)
    Not sharing your confidence mate we will get the job done playing like that.
    I know but we're winning playing gash and we have Keats,McGinn and Fyvie to come back plus any new signings.
    We're no setting the heather on fire but we've only lost once since Sept and are still top.
    I'm nae happy clapper,i just prefer glass half full....
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
    173 Post(s)
    It wasnt pretty but we won and I'll take the same every week if it gets us up. Cos that's all that matters just now. I think we'll sign well in Jan and do what's required to get promoted. I'm keeping the faith 👍

2071 Post(s)
    Lots of mumping, moans & groans before we finally win 2-0 in a tediously turgid game.
    Jeezo! Another prediction right and I STILLLLL never went to the bookies

How come this never happened when I used to gamble?

Hibs won though, that's the main thing

1276 Post(s)
    I reckon you're spot on Billy.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!