Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Finished Watching The Game On The iPad.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash

Just Finished Watching The Game On The iPad.

I don't think we deserved to lose that. However, we didn't deserve to win it either. I thought we were far from impressive. First half was awful and although it improved in the second it wasn't overall good enough.

I think Dundee United are mediocre. They are average. They are defensively good and well organised but in midfield and offensively they don't impress me at all. It troubles me that we've let then take 5 points out of 6 from us.

Again though we are incapable of taking our chances. Martin Boyle had a stinker in our last home game v St Mirren missing plenty of chances and tonight his failure to capitalise on a huge opportunity in the first half and a dreadful penalty in the second has ultimately cost us.

We really need to get some quality additions into the side. Our use of dead ball situations in particular is awful. January is going to be a big month. Dundee Utd will invest having found themselves as serious title contenders when I doubt they had projected they would be.

Our game v them in January is going to be huge. We must win EVERY game before then.

Thoughts on the players:

Marciano
    Not much to do at all really which sums up how poor Dundee Utd really are. Made a second half save you'd expect him to make. Sent the wrong way on the penalty.

Gray
    Scottish Cup winning captain for Hibernian Football Club. On the end of Henderson delivering. Legend. Tonight I thought he did OK. Not much to do defensively as Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e offensively. Going forward I've seen him better.

McGregor
    Solid. Thought he again strolled it. Threw his body as you'd expect in a rare Dundee United first half attack denying an attempt on goal. Any 50:50 he's winning it. Tried a ridiculous attempt on goal in the second half but that's OK as he's a Hibs Scottish Cup legend. Thanks Warburton for letting him go you fanny.

Hanlon
    Not much to do defensively as again offensively Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e. (How the $#@! have we lost to them?). Didn't do anything wrong and offensively was probably as frustrated as the rest of us at our delivery into the opponents box.

Fontaine
    Because Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e offensively he found himself further up field a lot of the time. I thought the penalty against him was harsh. Against us I'd be looking for it but I thought he was unlucky.

Stevenson
    Winner of the Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup with Hibernian FC!! So he's a legend. And I love the guy. However, his delivery is frustrating. I'm sorry but if the aspirations are for us to be where we should be and that's in the upper echelons of the league above us he's not good enough. Defensively not much to until the laddie Murray (laddie of Gary Murray who scored two doubles for us v Celtc and Rangers in the early 1980's) for them who looked good late on gave us a problem.

McGeouch
    A poor game from Dylan. It was nowhere near what you'd expect from him. Where was his drive at the opposition? Is he fit?

Bartlay
    Strong. As you'd expect but again no real impact on the game. Obviously he's no Mcginn or Fyvie and unfair to expect him to play or contribute in that way. However, against $#@!e like Dundee United (And they are $#@!e) we need players to take the game to mediocre opposition that we need to beat.

Shinnie
    My Man of The Match. Showed at times a lot of intelligence. Very unlucky with his attempt not long after the penalty miss. It was a great instinctive save by their keeper. He disappeared the last 15-20 mins but overall if more players played showing skill and composure he did we would have won this league by Christmas and not be struggling against $#@!in $#@!e like Dundee United. I think Shinnie will keep getting better and better as the season progresses.

Holt
    I've been critical of the big fella. No doubting though his fight for the cause. I think his performances have improved. However, is he going to get us goals? In my honest opinion he isn't and personally I'd see this big wage earner (for us) out the door in January.

Boyle
    A nightmare v St Mirren and despite this keeps his place tonight where he had a shocker. He looked like a headless chicken all night. Had a huge chance in the first half. Why the $#@! did he let the ball go past him? Why no touch? Neil Lennon told Boyle to take the penalty despite Holt wanting it. I hate seeing penalty kick takers not putting their foot through it. It really was a poor attempt. Boyle is for me another not good enough for our club. Gives 110% but we are deluding ourselves thinking he's a player who could play at the level we should be. He's no more than an impact player.

Subs

Cummings.
    Not started in 6 games. No idea what's going on Lennon but stop being a stubborn $#@! and play our top goalscorer please... Was unlucky with an attempt showing great technique.

Graham
    Another I don't rate but no real opportunity to make an impact.

Eardley
    No time for impact.

Lennon
    Still not got it right. I know losing Mcginn and Fyvie is a blow but tonight is a sore one. If the rumours are true of out of contract players soon arriving are true let's hope they make an immediate impact. December and January is huge for Lennon and our club. They need to assert themselves in this title race. And stop not playing our only genuine goal threat FFS.

Supporters
    Very loud 3000+ Hibby's. A support that deserves better than tonight.

GGTTH. FTH.

Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup WINNERS.
    Last edited by Smurf; 02-12-16 at 22:50.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    vCash
    They might be mediocre but they're winning this league as long as we've got that numpty as manager. I could have won Celtic the league with Rangers in administration or not in the league. Bolton fans know what he's about.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we deserved to lose that. However, we didn't deserve to win it either. I thought we were far from impressive. First half was awful and although it improved in the second it

I think Dundee United are mediocre. They are average. They are defensively good and well organised but in midfield and offensively they don't impress me at all. It troubles me that we've let then take 5 points out of 6 from us.

Again though we are incapable of taking our chances. Martin Boyle had a stinker in our last home game v St Mirren missing plenty of chances and tonight his failure to capitalise on a huge opportunity in the first half and a dreadful penalty in the second has ultimately cost us.

We really need to get some quality additions into the side. Our use of dead ball situations in particular is awful. January is going to be a big month. Dundee Utd will invest having found themselves as serious title contenders when I doubt they had projected they would be.

Our game v them in January is going to be huge. We must win EVERY game before then.

Thoughts on the players:

Marciano
    Not much to do at all really which sums up how poor Dundee Utd really are. Made a second half save you'd expect him to make. Sent the wrong way on the penalty.

Gray
    Scottish Cup winning captain for Hibernian Football Club. On the end of Henderson delivering. Legend. Tonight I thought he did OK. Not much to do defensively as Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e offensively. Going forward I've seen him better.

McGregor
    Solid. Thought he again strolled it. Threw his body as you'd expect in a rare Dundee United first half attack denying an attempt on goal. Any 50:50 he's winning it. Tried a ridiculous attempt on goal in the second half but that's OK as he's a Hibs Scottish Cup legend. Thanks Warburton for letting him go you fanny.

Hanlon
    Not much to do defensively as again offensively Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e. (How the $#@! have we lost to them?). Didn't do anything wrong and offensively was probably as frustrated as the rest of us at our delivery into the opponents box.

Fontaine
    Because Dundee United are $#@!in $#@!e offensively he found himself further up field a lot of the time. I thought the penalty against him was harsh. Against us I'd be looking for it but I thought he was unlucky.

Stevenson
    Winner of the Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup with Hibernian FC!! So he's a legend. And I love the guy. However, his delivery is frustrating. I'm sorry but if the aspirations are for us to be where we should be and that's in the upper echelons of the league above us he's not good enough. Defensively not much to until the laddie Murray (laddie of Gary Murray who scored two doubles for us v Celtc and Rangers in for them who looked good late on gave us a problem

Nae wonder we lost. We only had 6 players on the pitch....
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think we deserved to lose that. However, we didn't deserve to win it either. I thought we were far from impressive. First half was awful and although it improved in the second it
    Aye, my thoughts are the same. We were unlucky to lose. Dundee Utd are pi$h but we made them look average with that terrible performance. We need to get Cummings starting again.
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BurbankHibee View Post
    Aye, my thoughts are the same. We were unlucky to lose. Dundee Utd are pi$h but we made them look average with that terrible performance. We need to get Cummings starting again.
    Depends on how long Lennons huff lasts. Boy`s scored 46 goals in 2 seasons and our manager would rather start Holt and Boyle. He`s having a $#@!in laugh.

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Depends on how long Lennons huff lasts. Boy`s scored 46 goals in 2 seasons and our manager would rather start Holt and Boyle. He`s having a $#@!in laugh.
    I think Cummings was dropped for good reason to begin with but you're right, it has gone on long enough. Boyle
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agreed..its eye bleeding at times watching aimless punts up to Holt for him to wrestle his opposite number then fall over trying to win a free kick. Holt is finished..he offers next to nothing.

Two or three decent signings in the Summer of outfield players would have seen us walk this league..for whatever reason we seemed complacent and now two injuries has us looking bang average.

Not enjoying watching us under Lennon in the majority of games Ive seen this season. We look a much better team when we are more positive and go for the jugular..Lennon seems loathe to do this and still imo experimenting with players and shapes.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Barone View Post
    Agreed..its eye bleeding at times watching aimless punts up to Holt for him to wrestle his opposite number then fall over trying to win a free kick. Holt is finished..he offers next to nothing.

Two or three decent signings in the Summer of outfield players would have seen us walk this league..for whatever reason we seemed complacent and now two injuries has us looking bang average.

Not enjoying watching us under Lennon in the majority of games Ive seen this season. We look a much better team when we are more positive and go for the jugular..Lennon seems loathe to do this and still imo experimenting with players and shapes.
    Aye, we were a better side last season. You can argue we lost Hendo and Stokes and the rest is the same but a different manager has a different philosophy. His replacements have been generally awful and, imo, we`re getting by on the quality we`ve retained from Stubb`s tenure.

I hope the loanees or free agents he`s looking at are decent because i genuinely fear giving this guy whatever remains of our budget to spend because if he $#@!s it up, and i`m not full of confidence, there`ll be $#@! all money for next years championship campaign.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2483 Post(s)
    vCash
    Aye, we were a better side last season. You can argue we lost Hendo and Stokes and the rest is the same but a different manager has a different philosophy. His replacements have been generally awful and, imo, we`re getting by on the quality we`ve retained from Stubb`s tenure.

I hope the loanees or free agents he`s looking at are decent because i genuinely fear giving this guy whatever remains of our budget to spend because if he $#@!s it up, and i`m not full of confidence, there`ll be $#@! all money for next years championship campaign.
    We lost Malonga, Stokes and Henderson from last years team. Add to that Cummings not starting and McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings long term injured and it's no surprise we don't look as good as we did last season. Out of the players Lennon signed in the summer only Holt for me has been a disappointment. Graham has barely played and yet has scored four goals this term. Shinnie looks a good player who will get better as the season goes on. Marciano is an international goalkeeper. I don't think the problem is the players he signed in the summer, it's more the lack of pace and creativity in the side and the fact we have now been hit with a lot of injuries to very important players in the same area of the team at a bad time.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    We lost Malonga, Stokes and Henderson from last years team. Add to that Cummings not starting and McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings long term injured and it's no surprise we don't look as good as we did last season. Out of the players Lennon signed in the summer only Holt for me has been a disappointment. Graham has barely played and yet has scored four goals this term. Shinnie looks a good player who will get better as the season goes on. Marciano is an international goalkeeper. I don't think the problem is the players he signed in the summer, it's more the lack of pace and creativity in the side and the fact we have now been hit with a lot of injuries to very important players in the same area of the team at a bad time.
    I omitted the keeper as he`s no better or worse than what we`ve had recently, imo. Decent enough. Shinnie was a terrific player at Aberdeen. I`m still waiting to see that level of performance here. Maybe the way he`s being asked to play..i dunno. He`s no McGinn or Hendo, that`s for sure.
    Holt, we both agree is utterly dire and yes, i`d much rather see Graham start that that useless $#@!. Sorry GM but that`s where i am now with Holt.Why he starts ahead of Cummings or Graham is an absolute $#@!ing mystery. It took even around 80 mins or so before Lennon took him off the pitch tonight...

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think we deserved to lose that. However, we didn't deserve to win it either. I thought we were far from impressive. First half was awful and although it improved in the second it wasn't overall good enough.

Thoughts on the players:

Marciano

Gray

McGregor

Hanlon

Fontaine

Stevenson
    Winner of the Scottish League Cup and Scottish Cup with Hibernian FC!! So he's a legend. And I love the guy. However, his delivery is frustrating. I'm sorry but if the aspirations are for us to be where we should be and that's in the upper echelons of the league above us he's not good enough. Defensively not much to until the laddie Murray (laddie of Gary Murray who scored two doubles for us v Celtc and Rangers in the early 1980's) for them who looked good late on gave us a problem.

McGeouch
    A poor game from Dylan. It was nowhere near what you'd expect from him. Where was his drive at the opposition? Is he fit?

Bartlay
    Strong. As you'd expect but again no real impact on the game. Obviously he's no Mcginn or Fyvie and unfair to expect him to play or contribute in that way. However, against $#@!e like Dundee United (And they are $#@!e) we need players to take the game to mediocre opposition that we need to beat.

Shinnie
    My Man of The Match. Showed at times a lot of intelligence. Very unlucky with his attempt not long after the penalty miss. It was a great instinctive save by their keeper. He disappeared the last 15-20 mins but overall if more players played showing skill and composure he did we would have won this league by Christmas and not be struggling against $#@!in $#@!e like Dundee United. I think Shinnie will keep getting better and better as the season progresses.

Holt
    I've been critical of the big fella. No doubting though his fight for the cause. I think his performances have improved. However, is he going to get us goals? In my honest opinion he isn't and personally I'd see this big wage earner (for us) out the door in January.

Boyle
    A nightmare v St Mirren and despite this keeps his place tonight where he had a shocker. He looked like a headless chicken all night. Had a huge chance in the first half. Why the $#@! did he let the ball go past him? Why no touch? Neil Lennon told Boyle to take the penalty despite Holt wanting it. I hate seeing penalty kick takers not putting their foot through it. It really was a poor attempt. Boyle is for me another not good enough for our club. Gives 110% but we are deluding ourselves thinking he's a player who could play at the level we should be. He's no more than an impact player.

Subs

Cummings.
    Not started in 6 games. No idea what's going on Lennon but stop being a stubborn $#@! and play our top goalscorer please... Was unlucky with an attempt showing great technique.

Graham
    Another I don't rate but no real opportunity to make an impact.

Eardley
    No time for impact.

Lennon
    Still not got it right. I know losing Mcginn and Fyvie is a blow but tonight is a sore one. If the rumours are true of out of contract players soon arriving are true let's hope they make an immediate impact. December and January is huge for Lennon and our club. They need to assert themselves in this title race. And stop not playing our only genuine goal threat FFS.

Supporters
    Very loud 3000+ Hibby's. A support that deserves better than tonight.

GGTTH. FTH.

Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup WINNERS.
    I agree with most of that smurf but I think it's only four points out of six 😂 we have dropped five tho to be fair

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6401 Post(s)
    vCash
    See if it wasn't for tha glorious day in May I'd have lost the plot at that.

I see more clearly now.

I think that was pretty much the best united have and they scabbed it against a much weakened Hibs team even though we were indeed pish.

Pish but not bottling or capitulating. Just a bad day at the office.

We do have real problems that we all know about , but we've got more depth than them I am sure.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1820 Post(s)
    vCash
    I omitted the keeper as he`s no better or worse than what we`ve had recently, imo. Decent enough. Shinnie was a terrific player at Aberdeen. I`m still waiting to see that level of performance here. Maybe the way he`s being asked to play..i dunno. He`s no McGinn or Hendo, that`s for sure.
    Holt, we both agree is utterly dire and yes, i`d much rather see Graham start that that useless $#@!. Sorry GM but that`s where i am now with Holt.Why he starts ahead of Cummings or Graham is an absolute $#@!ing mystery. It took even around 80 mins or so before Lennon took him off the pitch tonight...
    Holt a lot better than that big lump graham from what I have seen...
    until the sky turns green

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5639 Post(s)
    vCash
    Looks like we generally agree Kenny, other than on Bartley who I thought was pish poor.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Holt a lot better than that big lump graham from what I have seen...
    I think they`re six and half a dozen tbh tricky...neither inspire me with confidence. Grahams younger so that`s about the only difference.

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    559 Post(s)
    vCash
    agree with most o that too - i though Hanlon had a poor game (one misplaced pass in particular sticks in the mind) and Bartley ws no great shakes - pass marks to Sir David, Rocky, Darren, Fonts, Shinners and Holt - rest i thought were poor or didnt try hard enough. poor squirrel his first touch was so bad he may just be related to Graham Rix. Like the guy but sheesh that was painful. still onwards and updwards - someone deliver hendo for xmas.
    "The old is dying and the new cannot be born. In this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms can appear"

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1820 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think they`re six and half a dozen tbh tricky...neither inspire me with confidence. Grahams younger so that`s about the only difference.
    agreed..both look really poor signings but doubt we can ship either out in january..
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    agreed..both look really poor signings but doubt we can ship either out in january..
    Tbf, of the two i`d keep Graham. Bit unfair of me, i`ve not seen enough of the guy to really have an opinion so i apologise to him for that.

Holt though, is awful. Maybe he was decent once but now he just lumbers about the pitch clattering into people.

Lennon however seems to think he`s a better option than a young Hibs legend who`s scored over 50 goals for us....but hey-ho.

GoGO Back To Forum