Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pat Stanton Standing To Be Fans Rep On The Board?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash

Pat Stanton Standing To Be Fans Rep On The Board?

Apparently so. Excellent candidate obviously!

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Amit & Frank have done good jobs.

They haven't done the jobs they were elected to do though, which was to communicate to and from the fans.

This will be controversial - but I'm not sure God will do that either.

SKII/1875/Gunnerhibby would all excel in the roll if they could be persuaded to stand.

Actually, I think any of the bounce admins would be good choices given the evidence of fan engagement since the bounce started in 2002.

There's also several posters on this site that could do a good job. But, I think you have to be clear first and foremost what you expect from the role before you decide on a candidate imho. Because I do think that Amit and Frank have done excellent work, just not what I understood them to be elected to carry out - I don't think engagement with the fans has improved.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    Would vote for Stanton if he stood
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Why isn't Pat on the board already? He should be club President or some other honour.

Saying that, I'd be inclined to vote for Amit and Frank again. Both have done the job pretty well and if they want, merit another term.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why isn't Pat on the board already? He should be club President or some other honour.
    Maybe (whoever) the Fans Reps (happen to be) could bring this long overdue appointment to the Board for approval?

I'm pretty confident that this would be met with acclaim throughout the Hibs family.

Saying that, I'd be inclined to vote for Amit and Frank again. Both have done the job pretty well and if they want, merit another term.
    I'm not sure I'll bother voting.
    Nothing against Frank or Amit, I just don't think a 'fans representative' really does it for me.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash

Agreed and agreed. Didn't we years ago always have some ex players that were legends on the board like Tommy Younger and Jimmy Kerr?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    I don't think fans reps has worked and I don't think electing Pat Stanton to the role would change that.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't think fans reps has worked and I don't think electing Pat Stanton to the role would change that.
    Why don't you think the fans reps haven't worked?

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Frank & Amit have both done very well given the restrictions placed upon them.Unfortunately confidentiality of board business has tied the guys hands on communicating freely at certain times.And that's the double edge sword of this position.
    We want more open & free transparency between the blazers and oor wee self's on the bigger issues as we see them , but until fan ownership grows to the required level I doubt that is attainable just yet.
    LD made a good move appointing the guys and engaged the fans , shrewd management but until the handcuffs are taken off is it an effective roll , your choice ?
    I do think M would be marvellous at this gig but it's very time consuming I guess.
    But I would like to see this roll developed and a little less of a PR exercise Leeann.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4683 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by south west hiby View Post
    I think Frank & Amit have both done very well given the restrictions placed upon them.Unfortunately confidentiality of board business has tied the guys hands on communicating freely at certain times.And that's the double edge sword of this position.We want more open & free transparency between the blazers and oor wee self's on the bigger issues as we see them , but until fan ownership grows to the required level I doubt that is attainable just yet.LD made a good move appointing the guys and engaged the fans , shrewd management but until the handcuffs are taken off is it an effective roll , your choice ?I do think M would be marvellous at this gig but it's very time consuming I guess.But I would like to see this roll developed and a little less of a PR exercise Leeann.
    Totally agree.Amit has engaged very well IMO with fans online and i believe that Frank has been doing a lot with supporters clubs.They have also acted as go betweens for fans who before would email the club and get little or no response to queries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Why don't you think the fans reps haven't worked?
    He DOES think they haven't worked Smurf.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    He DOES think they haven't worked Smurf.

Ah, the old double negative, a pet peeve of mine as well.

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    vCash
    FFS Pat Stanton is a club feckin legend.

He shouldn't be applying for any position at the club.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like evidence.

We've seen precious little of work with the board.

I appreciate that there will be agenda items that are confidential but even at the outset of this ways were being looked at to provide a "censored" synopsis of what was discussed. As someone who was involved with Working Together, read press releases and all things Hibs I've yet to have it confirmed by anyone they have actually attended a board meeting, although I'm sure they have, never mind what was discussed, the outcomes or the fans representatives input.

We've heard lots about Frank going to funerals ... and Turriff. Amit used to go on supporters buses.

We haven't heard much about the not so recent supporters meeting or the outcome of the Ibrox investigation. The other things that bother fans like catering and catering queues is just as bad and just as long. On the 6 month anniversary of the cup win mini cups and mugs are still being sold in their 100s by supporters to supporters while the shop continues to disappoint in every possible way.

Of course what they've achieved might have been broadcast over the PA system but despite others bumping their gums for ages it's still virtually impossible to make out what is said in the East.

Since we've had supporters on the board I think improvements in being a Hibs fan and a supporter going to matches has stalled or maybe even become worse!

With a lack of evidence to suggest otherwise I might go as far as to say our reps have failed us.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4683 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    Broached this subject on here a short time ago Jack and was surprised by the apathy with which my concerns were met. The old chestnut that "the SFA own the rights" was trotted out and that was, in some shape or form, accepted by the majority as an encumbrance on the club's ability or right to benefit from substantial financial gain through marketing memorabilia celebrating the cup victory. Bull$#@!....as you state merchandise can be had and sold between supporters (without usurping SFA rights). That is FACT, witness the items sold on here between bouncers. And so what if in the event one or two items do require the club to pay the SFA a levy?? I for one would rather have 1% of something than 100% of $#@! all. Surely this is one area that our rep's could have contributed massively towards, by communicating with our marketing people and other supporters, as they presumably have their ear to the ground and are aware of what the supporters want. Maybe not..i don't know Amit and it's many years since I encountered FD...but the consensus here seems to be that they both are contributing or promoting little other than self-aggrandizement perhaps. AND a through and through hibby.....get him on the board.Cheers
    Re your first point. Apathy? By whom?

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash
    I like evidence.

We've seen precious little of work with the board.

I appreciate that there will be agenda items that are confidential but even at the outset of this ways were being looked at to provide a "censored" synopsis of what was discussed. As someone who was involved with Working Together, read press releases and all things Hibs I've yet to have it confirmed by anyone they have actually attended a board meeting, although I'm sure they have, never mind what was discussed, the outcomes or the fans representatives input.

We've heard lots about Frank going to funerals ... and Turriff. Amit used to go on supporters buses.

We haven't heard much about the not so recent supporters meeting or the outcome of the Ibrox investigation. The other things that bother fans like catering and catering queues is just as bad and just as long. On the 6 month anniversary of the cup win mini cups and mugs are still being sold in their 100s by supporters to supporters while the shop continues to disappoint in every possible way.

Of course what they've achieved might have been broadcast over the PA system but despite others bumping their gums for ages it's still virtually impossible to make out what is said in the East.

Since we've had supporters on the board I think improvements in being a Hibs fan and a supporter going to matches has stalled or maybe even become worse!

With a lack of evidence to suggest otherwise I might go as far as to say our reps have failed us.
    I'm inclined to agree with you Jack. I don't see any tangible benefit from having these fans reps [except for the pint Amit bought me in the Happy Castle some time back]. Perhaps someone could explain what exactly they have achieved during their tenure and that would help sway me and others.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4683 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heid View Post
    Judge for yourself, 2 responses out of how many bouncers??? That to me indicates apathy

Totally underwhelmed
    Ah, got you now. Apathy to the thread you started. .
    Going by the date of your thread, I would say the apathy was probably due to the fact that the subject had been done to death months previously. Plenty folk were moaning about it then.

HTH

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    But will Stanton deliver? I'm Adamant that he will!

Boo!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you Jack. I don't see any tangible benefit from having these fans reps [except for the pint Amit bought me in the Happy Castle some time back]. Perhaps someone could explain what exactly they have achieved during their tenure and that would help sway me and others.
    To be fair there will be a fairly long list.

I might suggest that Frank's funeral visits are a fine thing to do and he and Amit did get around a bit engaging with fans. In my own mind that's what club directors and officials (with portfolio) had been increasing under Leeann but now less so, in my opinion lessening fan engagement. Not quite monkey's and organ grinders but you can see where I'm going.

What they've done or achieved at board level or in the boardroom is anyone's guess.
    Space to let

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    To be fair there will be a fairly long list.

I might suggest that Frank's funeral visits are a fine thing to do and he and Amit did get around a bit engaging with fans. In my own mind that's what club directors and officials (with portfolio) had been increasing under Leeann but now less so, in my opinion lessening fan engagement. Not quite monkey's and organ grinders but you can see where I'm going.

What they've done or achieved at board level or in the boardroom is anyone's guess.
    There's a current one I definitely wouldn't vote for again , that's for sure

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    think nominations have now closed? if so list of new candidates should be out soon..
    until the sky turns green

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4683 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    There's a current one I definitely wouldn't vote for again , that's for sure
    spill the beans! (Or PM me )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    And me!

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    And me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    That's a shocker.

Seriously.

Surprised that hasn't become widely known.

Not a fcukin word.

Smurf? Wannabe?

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2203 Post(s)
    vCash
    voted for Amit and someone else I cant remember last time, simply on basis of what they wrote. No idea how effective they have been. I've read about representing the board...sometimes at places the club should have sent paid officials to, but fair do's. I really dunno what they were supposed to do. What do we actually want represented? Seems they didnt address our treatment at Ibrox. Singing section? Pretty much takes care of itself, perhaps needs some impetus to grow. Food? Don't buy the overpriced rubbish anyway, maybe a pie once in a while. The shop? Still many complaints. Ticket prices? We have always been overcharged and always will be such is the crazy love for the team that gives little back. (with exception of that Cup win) Even the loyalty points ended up a bit of a waste of time. Amit to his credit did post here and answer questions a few times. I am not associated with a supporters club so never heard from Frank other than what people wrote here.

Na, the vast majority of supporters are like me, turn up and support the team, go home and turn up again year after year. Never get to know anyone at the club and lose touch with friends they used to see at games. That doesn't really need represented. Perhaps I would have liked to have done something voluntarily with the club but never knew what or how to go about it..so there it is, I'll support the team, probably never meet or talk to a fans rep, and they will never meet nor know the views of so many who turn up. Unless of course they read some forums and more people contribute.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash
    Overall both fans reps Amit and Frank seemed to do a lot of solid unseen work and not in the Brian Kerr sense.

Listening to our concerns,attending funerals,going to hospices (with the cup), working behind the scenes and attending functions and representing the club when other directors arent available is exactly what I would expect fan reps to do and both men seemed to do their job in their own time quite admirably.

I really don't expect them to revitalise the club shop,sort out the cup final merchandise, Stand up to "Scotland's Shame 2012" or cut the price of the pies. All they can realistically do is communicate these concerns.

Communication feedback was poor though. A post or thread on both here and Hibs.net must reach the best part of 2,000 -3,000 supporters at a guess and while Amit posted often (Nae sign of Frank) we never actually got much in the way of engagement and feedback.

For example it was only at the AGM did we find out that Leanne had some wishy washy communication and a few nice lunches with her "Scotland's Shame 2012" counterpart concerning last years infamous New year game.

We all understand "confidentiality" but would it really have been that difficult to feed something back on what was last years burning issue rather than leave a complete void which was filled with the fans conclusion that the club didnae give a F....?

Overall I think fans reps has been a decent success and well done to both Frank and Amit but like a lot of things new blood and ideas are needed and hopefully we can find that in the next crop of candidates.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 02-12-16 at 08:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Frank and Amit were decent Board Representatives to the fans, but completely ineffectual Fans Representstives on the Board.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1932 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Frank and Amit were decent Board Representatives to the fans, but completely ineffectual Fans Representstives on the Board.
    in what way - how were you expectations not met?
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    in what way - how were you expectations not met?
    I wouldn’t say my expectations weren’t met – as my expectations were pretty low.

It may be easier if someone could point out to me what positive change or influence the reps had at Board level as opposed to the good work they did representing the Board to us. Frank in particular did sterling work in attending funerals of good Hibs people and representing the club, hospital visits and indeed touring with the Cup. But none of that (to me) is representing fans on the Board, quite the opposite. I’ve no axe to grind with either, I think the role itself is pretty much undefined and governance issues and corporate responsibility makes it even more so. Presumably that's why we never heard a peep out of them about the disgusting treatment meted out to our fans at the Sevco match, despite outrage being expressed here and in other Hibs 'gatherings' until Leeann made passing reference to it at the AGM.

Bit of a waste of time really.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4683 Post(s)
    vCash
    I wouldn’t say my expectations weren’t met – as my expectations were pretty low.

It may be easier if someone could point out to me what positive change or influence the reps had at Board level as opposed to the good work they did representing the Board to us. Frank in particular did sterling work in attending funerals of good Hibs people and representing the club, hospital visits and indeed touring with the Cup. But none of that (to me) is representing fans on the Board, quite the opposite. I’ve no axe to grind with either, I think the role itself is pretty much undefined and governance issues and corporate responsibility makes it even more so. Presumably that's why we never heard a peep out of them about the disgusting treatment meted out to our fans at the Sevco match, despite outrage being expressed here and in other Hibs 'gatherings' until Leeann made passing reference to it at the AGM.

Bit of a waste of time really.
    You took the words right out of my mouth - exactly how I feel about the role too.

GoGO Back To Forum