Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and we need to kill teams off....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5719 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and we need to kill teams off....

The draw is down to us today, we need to kill the poor teams off, the longer the game goes on the more chance these teams have of stealing the points, today was one of those games. Hibs huffed and puffed, but just couldnae score that goal that would have had Houston's Hoofballers with no where to go. Dinnae get me wrong, some of Hibs football was lovely to watch, Holts touches were deft, Boyles first touch is better then highly rated others, John McGinn at his pomp is a joy to watch, Darren McGregor is a fantastic defender, Paul Hanlon is graceful, Fyvie does the simple stuff, even Shinnie had some lovely moves, BUT we dinnae score goals. OK we did score 2, one that was disallowed for no reason I could see from my seat at the other end of the ground, the second was a perfectly executed power header from a centre half. Shinnie might have scored, Holt might have scored, Super John might have had a couple, problem we have is that they didnae.

Now to Falkirk, what the red faced baldy little Hearts $#@! Houston offers is anti-fitba, hoofs, fouls, time wasting, kicking the ball away, causing trouble when none was there, that little swollen bollock of a man is the antithesis of what football should be. All made easy by a referee who IF he had managed the game properly would have sent more off from Falkirk, strangely not Tom Tiawo who although it was straight red two footer, had the Referee given Hibs the foul directly before it that challenge would not have happened. How that tight shorted $#@!ing rockabilly $#@! Baird stayed on the pitch, only the referee could explain.

We beat them in the style of play, the corners, shots and all round football. They got their point destroying the beautiful game.

The Team

Laidlaw never put a foot wrong and had no chance at their shambles of a goal from their first corner with 12 minutes to go.

David Gray didnae get going today and was swapped for Cummings with 15 minutes to go.

Darren McGregor was magnificent again. After watching those two clowns at the back for Scotland last night, then enjoying Daz command a game for 90 minutes,you know Strachan disnae watch the football up here. Darren wants Hibs to win.

Paul Hanlon was also magnificent, his goal was exactly why he needs to be up at corners, not Fontaine. Paul wants Hibs to win.

Liam Fontaine was OK, nothing more, and went off for Harris at the same time as Gray.

Lewis Stevenson had plenty of the ball, with only a few good deliveries.

Frazer Fyvie was all over the pitch, he starts the moves, breaks up the play and rarely does much wrong.

John McGinn was very good first twenty and equally very good last 15, its the bit in the middle he has to improve. His strike last 5 was goalbound but for a great save by the Falkirk keeper. Hi scorners were a mix of duff and deep, but he is still a joy to watch when he drives at players.

Andrew Shinnie played for 80 minutes today. So what you say? Well normally you get half an hour out of him, so today was a big improvement. Ok, he is a jessie, ok his passing is powderpuff, ok he never wins a 50 50, but he did play well in bursts today and was willing to take a player on.

Grant Holt battered and bashed all game, he moaned too much for me, but some of his touches and thinking reminded you of what he once was. Needs to score goals though, he disnae do that or worse, think to do that.

Boyler got little service, he needs the ball to his feet or to run on, no neck height knock ons. Looked decent when he come to left win last 10.

The Subs

Cummings came on for Gray. He was caught offside once, that was the sum of his contribution.

Harris came on for Fontaine and did bits and pieces, some it very positive, but the laddie has no bottle.

Dylan replaced Shinnie and prodded and pushed us on for a a win, I would have had him on earlier for Shinnie.

I listened to Neil on the radio on the way home and agreed with him on his summary of the game. He missed out that again he left the substitutions too late. Falkirk were there for the taking, we didnae take them Neil. Boyler has been good, Holt has been decent, time to try Jase and Graham for longer.

I have spoken about Falkirk above, but its only fair to credit their excellent keeper, their solid defence, the skills of Mark Kerr, and much as I hate the duo of Miller and Baird, Miller done his job, he pushed, fouled, nudged, won headers and was a nuisance all game. Baird is a wee fud, but he runs and runs, niggles, nips, kicks, fouls and never gets sent off. That Boil on My Arse of a Man Houston has a maroon puss you wouldn't tire of slapping, although with a face like a skelpt erse, someone has beaten me to it.

And breathe, that Referee was a disgrace, he simply ignored bad fouls, bookable offenses and a perfectly good goal. Just when you think you have seen the worst referee in the game, another one comes along.

14,551 in the stadium, less the 400 or so Falkirk fans, that is another fine attendance, well done Hibernian fans.

Man of the Match was easy, Darren McGregor should have been centre half for Scotland last night, he never gives the ball away and would have broken that wee diving prick Sterlings in half. I though Darren was brilliant. Mentions for Fraser Fyvie, John McGinn and Paul Hanlon too.

I reckon we need some tweaks up front, for me I would try starting without Holt, go more aerial with Graham or more direct with Jason. I think we miss Keatings, we miss Dylan and we need to kill teams off, its simple, early goals and constant pressure and negative $#@!e like Falkirk would be swept aside.

I hope Houston's next $#@!e is a porcupine.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    vCash
    Been the thing since relegated. Dominante games and don't kill teams off. Need to address it in January or winning league could go to the wire

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    726 Post(s)
    vCash
    Today would have been the final nail in the Stevenson coffin. Pretty certain that Lennon will get a left back that can deliver at least 25% of crosses into dangerous positions.

I gave up on Holt today. I was pretty certain that he would be a good signing for us even if he wasn't a prolific goalscorer. I expected him to win his fair share in the air or put himself about a bit. Aside from the occasional flick on he's not doing enough and rather than bullying defenders he's looking to win fouls. Brewster's contribution was far higher in a similar role. Get somebody else in as Graham's not any better.

Harris was abysmal. I thought it could be the sub to turn the game but he's a fairy with no belief in himself so should be on his way in January (again).

SUPER John was better today than he has been which isn't hard as he's not standing out like he should with the ability he has. Way too many misplaced passes today but his drive and mostly OK shooting was an improvement. He cost us the goal with schoolboy defending and not being goal side down the touchline allowing them to win a lucky corner. If he'd done his job then the other fannies culpable later on at the corner wouldn't be an issue.

Shinnie is lightweight and a bit slow but he offers a bit of guile in the attacking third that our other clone midfielders don't. I still expected better from him.

Another timely reminder for our manager and many fans that we need strengthened in January as the gamble to save money in the summer hasn't worked and this lot aren't good enough to win this pish poor league.

Creativity, quality from wide and goals from midfield still required. And a DVD player for Lennon as he's clearly watched fuk all of our games from last season when we still have the same failings.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    vCash

The non goal

The goal was disallowed because Boyle was offside when he collected the ball from Shinnie. If Shinnie had gone on his own it would have been okay. The linesman had his flag up as soon as Boyle touched the ball, before the Falkirk player put it in the net. I rarely agree with lines men's decisions, but I reckon this one was right.
    i agree with 'just back', especially Darren McGregor.

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash
    Darren McGregor was immense today and deserved his MOTM award but it really does tell the story when you have 11 v 10 for an hour, while playing at home and your star man is a centre half.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)
    vCash
    Darren McGregor was only player who got pass marks from me today tbh, I thought that was utter $#@!e in all honesty! 11 v 10 for an hour at home and we scrape a draw? $#@!e, just $#@!e!!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2503 Post(s)
    vCash
    That was a good result for Falkirk and not a good one for Hibs. The script was already written for todays game and sure enough it followed the same old story. I'm not going to spend too much time going on about Falkirk...we know what they are like..we know what their tactics are going to be...we know how they want to stifle a game and intimidate the referee, waste time, kick anything that moves etc. I would rather talk more about Hibs as I am not really interested in Falkirk. I would say though that Falkirk were very solid defensively, have an excellent goalkeeper, and know how to stay in a game. They must be a nightmare to play against.

Hibs had 18 corners today and did the square root of FA with any of them...Falkirk I think had one and scored from it. Yet again Hibs concede a goal from a corner. I have lost count already how many that is we have conceded from corners this season and still it goes on. Our deliveries into the box are woeful both from set-pieces and open play. The one from McGinn which led to our only goal was an exception to the rule. Hibs had a huge amount of possession today which you would expect given we were the home team and up against 10 men for the majority of the game. For all the pressure, frantic effort, and ball possession however we created very little clear cut chances and that has to be a huge worry for Neil Lennon. Our play in the last third of the park is nowhere near good enough. No imagination used, and we quickly run out of ideas against packed defences. The way the match developed today suited Falkirk perfectly. Niggle and intimidate and get the Hibs crowd wound up along with the players. A grievience factor with Tom Taiwo being (correctly) ordered off. Funnel everyone back behind the ball and play for set-pieces which they know and everyone knows Hibs are extremely vulnerable from. They tried to wind up Holt to get him sent off and it almost worked. I agree with whatever poster mentioned that he has given up on Holt and Harris...so reluctantly have I i'm afraid to say. Holt has some good touches but just offers too little and he certainly does not offer goals. Harris disappointed me greatly when he came on. Sad to say he needs to move on in January. Hibs depend an awful lot on John McGinn for creativity and that's also very concerning because we are going to lose him shortly for an extended spell when he goes in for his ankle op. He had some wayward passes but for me he was our best player. McGregor and Hanlon also played well at the back and that was a super goal from Paul Hanlon.

Definitely two points dropped and we just cannot afford to go on in this way. I don't think Hibs have enough goal threat throughout the team to pull away from anyone in this league. I think we are in a battle royal with Dundee United for the top spot and right now I can't see too much to divide the two teams. We must beat managerless QOTS next Saturday and IMO we have to win at Tannadice.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Doonhamer Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    vCash
    Frustrating , Predictable , if I had any hair I would of pulled it oot.I hope I always try to be positive about the team.However that is simply not good enough Mr Lennon. If that is the best we can do then the plays offs is a very real possibility I'm afraid.
    That may seem an over reaction but after 3 years we still can't break down a defense who sit in and are well organised.The final straw for me the day was the introduction of Harris if that boy lives tae be a hundred he will never make a fitba player powderpuff.
    The teams in this league are very poor , the best of the poor will win it.Im at this point not sure who that will be.
    Beer required.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6583 Post(s)
    vCash
    Terrible result. The performance wasn't acceptable. Again... Aside in the main from Darren who was superb. I'm really fearing for us this season. The pressure is going to increase. There's just not enough goals.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    881 Post(s)
    vCash
    Last season's problems haven't been solved. Being unable to beat a laughably limited Falkirk team, who even gave us a man advantage for 75 minutes, isn't progress - it's the opposite.

GoGO Back To Forum