Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and that was very, very professionally done....

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5539 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back and that was very, very professionally done....

Just in after a long dark drive home, giving me time to think about today. I had made my mind up....... the Boss Neil came on and threw me a bit, his baffling comments about our performance and that of Shinnie surprised me I have to say. I did think we absolutely dominated first half, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine were strong and thorough, Captain David up and down that line, Fraser Fyvie everywhere, Holt deft of touch and clever of play, Boyler direct, clever and determined. Second half, I thought for 25 minutes we were rotten, we sat back, we allowed a poor Ayr team to come at us, before regaining control and seeing the game out.

John McGinn drifted in and out the game, but scored the best goal he will ever score for Hibernian, Neil Lennon said his goal was a stoatir and I agree, Neil also suggested Andrew Shinnie was good, my hole he was, second to everything, second in every fifty fifty and suspiciously looking like he wisnae bothered. Not acceptable. I normally don't say too much about the Hibs fans at the front end of my summary, however I have to say the 100 or so lads and lassies behind the goal sang for 90 minutes, they, along with other 1500 or so Hibs fans really were the 12th man today. Fantastic efforts and turn out on a cold day far away.

Another average Ref who if he had the balls could have had the Err 16 sent off first half, some of the challenges were ehh robust from the redneckers, and had the banjo players in the Err Errea fair chuffed. Clumping fuds. The east side lino got a few wrong against both Hibs 1st Half and the Dishonest Men 2nd. As I mentioned, I thought Err were poor, how is Sauzee's name did tat shower beat us at Easter Road?

The Team

Marciano had a wonder save and very little else to do, go figure. His tribute song to Lady Gaga's Alejandro was the weirdest, if best song of today!

David Gray Captain of Hibernian FC and winning goal scorer of the Scottish Cup Final 2016 had a good first half, very quiet second for me as we sat too deep for too long, almost 5 at the back for 25 minutes second half.

Darren McGregor was magnificent, he never gives the ball away.

Paul Hanlon was almost as magnificent as Darren.

Liam Fontaine had his best game in a while.

Lewis was quite today, tried to get forward but I thought their full back did well against him.

John McGinn drifted in and out the game, he was taking a bit of stick off some six finger dildo in the Err end for not being a super international, he scored a stunning forty yarder after a driving run, that goal was really a Super John McGinn goal.Having now watched the laddie in the cup final DVD, as a hetrosexual, I couldnae love him more than I do already. Got an assist too.

Fraser Fyvie must sleep well on a Saturday night, he covered every blade of grass on the surprisingly immaculate playing field. Quietly efficient and again our best midfielder.

Andrew Shinnie was poor, he just seems to choose games where he cannae establish a presence, it was like playing with 10 men at some points. He clearly has oodles of ability, he needs to channel his desire though, its missing too much. An enigma, as he has spurts of brilliance.

Grant Holt was everything you need in the experience front man. Someone mentioned last me that he reminds them of Craig Brewster at Hibs. Spot on, he was first class for big parts of the game and scored a good goal too. I was impressed.

And finally, Squirrel. Martin Boyle again proved himself, two goals, direct, fast, passionate, skillful, a revelation again. Shrink was right, he is currently Magic.

Subs

I thought we left it too late again, but when we did make the changes, they came in a flurry. (Which you can get in trouble doing in McDonalds I understand?)

Graham replaced Holt with around 10 to go, Grant was applauded off for his hard work and good play.

Barts came on for McGinn for the last few minutes, the game was over already.

Jase came on at the same time for Shinnie, no sure Jase got a touch of teh ball, no sure Shinnie got too many more that mattered.

I think Lenny and Gary Burger have found a team and shape they like, I like it too, but hate when we sit deep and allow $#@!ey, pishy teams into games. He needs to get it into the players heeds, we need to kill teams off.

Ayr were rotten, James Forrests brother, who plays number 10 for them tried to fall over, and look pish like his Big Brother. Number 16 should have been off and the once decent Garry Harkins looks finished, which is a pity as I always thought he was a decent pro. I do like their right back, he has a touch and is hard as nails.

I have said all I want to say about the officials, pish.

The Hibs support was large and noisy, well done the radges behind that goal. Still got Hibees 3 Rainjurs 2 rattling about my napper, wappy doopy doo.....Hibs, Hibs.

There were a few possibles for man of the match, Daz McGregor is a class defender, Fraser Fyvie is no doubt in a deep, knackered sleep on the bus hame, Grant Holt is probably cheesing at his performance, great work but once again, Martin Boyles two goals, his running, desire and downright chuftness at leading the line for Hibernian earns his second MOM from me in two weeks. Dr Shrink is right, you really are a classic Hibs type of player son.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report Mark. Had to rely on updates on my phone and then radio today.Sounds like we were mostly comfortable today. Nice to get a clean sheet. Can't wait to see "super Johns" goal.
    The 3 points was the most important thing today!
    BRING ON NEXT WEEK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report as usual. Boyle was like lightening today and when he cut across Ayr defenders in the box in the first half, that really deserved a goal. Felt JC could have had a longer run that he did. That 3rd was a screamer and I almost missed it thinking nothing much was happening.

Pros and cons of the day. Meeting westside and his bro, who I used to work for on the Bon Accord lorries as a bright eyed and scruffy schoolkid. Much water has passed under many bridges since then. The pie I got out a bakers was very decent...if sadly re-heat in a microwave, but glad it wasn't Greggs as I had taken a wrong turn and later found the said Greggs. Was right behind goal in 1st half and atmosphere was terrific...though I didn't appreciate the one comment a bit further along by the anti-poppy individual who would have been best to keep his belief to himself on the occasion. 2nd half grandkid wanted to get nearer to halfway line and wow...these Ayr fans have rubbish chants, make out home fans sound like Ajax fans...ok maybe not, but you get the jist. Only songs they sun was come on Ayr and he hate Hi-bees...very droll with their bunch of tiny tots and a support who couldn't hear them and couldn't much care anyway. Never won the half time draw as per usual and bought a mug (yeh yeh a sort of hobby for me) only to find I already have one of their mugs in my collection...luckily the fiver got covered by my small winnings on the coupon today.

All in all was a good visit and good result. Pity about our slide which I hope is now well int he past as United seem to be gaining momentum...though I hear they had 3 injuries today

Administrator formerly known as Lanarkhibs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    vCash
    What a great read, it really sounds as if things are coming together.
    From Skye to Leith, the home of the Hibees

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just in after a long dark drive home, giving me time to think about today. I had made my mind up....... the Boss Neil came on and threw me a bit, his baffling comments about our performance and that of Shinnie surprised me I have to say. I did think we absolutely dominated first half, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine were strong and thorough, Captain David up and down that line, Fraser Fyvie everywhere, Holt deft of touch and clever of play, Boyler direct, clever and determined. Second half, I thought for 25 minutes we were rotten, we sat back, we allowed a poor Ayr team to come at us, before regaining control and seeing the game out. John McGinn drifted in and out the game, but scored the best goal he will ever score for Hibernian, Neil Lennon said his goal was a stoatir and I agree, Neil also suggested Andrew Shinnie was good, my hole he was, second to everything, second in every fifty fifty and suspiciously looking like he wisnae bothered. Not acceptable. I normally don't say too much about the Hibs fans at the front end of my summary, however I have to say the 100 or so lads and lassies behind the goal sang for 90 minutes, they, along with other 1500 or so Hibs fans really were the 12th man today. Fantastic efforts and turn out on a cold day far away.Another average Ref who if he had the balls could have had the Err 16 sent off first half, some of the challenges were ehh robust from the redneckers, and had the banjo players in the Err Errea fair chuffed. Clumping fuds. The east side lino got a few wrong against both Hibs 1st Half and the Dishonest Men 2nd. As I mentioned, I thought Err were poor, how is Sauzee's name did tat shower beat us at Easter Road?The TeamMarciano had a wonder save and very little else to do, go figure. His tribute song to Lady Gaga's Alejandro was the weirdest, if best song of today!David Gray Captain of Hibernian FC and winning goal scorer of the Scottish Cup Final 2016 had a good first half, very quiet second for me as we sat too deep for too long, almost 5 at the back for 25 minutes second half.Darren McGregor was magnificent, he never gives the ball away.Paul Hanlon was almost as magnificent as Darren.Liam Fontaine had his best game in a while.Lewis was quite today, tried to get forward but I thought their full back did well against him.John McGinn drifted in and out the game, he was taking a bit of stick off some six finger dildo in the Err end for not being a super international, he scored a stunning forty yarder after a driving run, that goal was really a Super John McGinn goal.Having now watched the laddie in the cup final DVD, as a hetrosexual, I couldnae love him more than I do already. Got an assist too.Fraser Fyvie must sleep well on a Saturday night, he covered every blade of grass on the surprisingly immaculate playing field. Quietly efficient and again our best midfielder.Andrew Shinnie was poor, he just seems to choose games where he cannae establish a presence, it was like playing with 10 men at some points. He clearly has oodles of ability, he needs to channel his desire though, its missing too much. An enigma, as he has spurts of brilliance.Grant Holt was everything you need in the experience front man. Someone mentioned last me that he reminds them of Craig Brewster at Hibs. Spot on, he was first class for big parts of the game and scored a good goal too. I was impressed.And finally, Squirrel. Martin Boyle again proved himself, two goals, direct, fast, passionate, skillful, a revelation again. Shrink was right, he is currently Magic.SubsI thought we left it too late again, but when we did make the changes, they came in a flurry. (Which you can get in trouble doing in McDonalds I understand?)Graham replaced Holt with around 10 to go, Grant was applauded off for his hard work and good play.Barts came on for McGinn for the last few minutes, the game was over already.Jase came on at the same time for Shinnie, no sure Jase got a touch of teh ball, no sure Shinnie got too many more that mattered. I think Lenny and Gary Burger have found a team and shape they like, I like it too, but hate when we sit deep and allow $#@!ey, pishy teams into games. He needs to get it into the players heeds, we need to kill teams off.Ayr were rotten, James Forrests brother, who plays number 10 for them tried to fall over, and look pish like his Big Brother. Number 16 should have been off and the once decent Garry Harkins looks finished, which is a pity as I always thought he was a decent pro. I do like their right back, he has a touch and is hard as nails.I have said all I want to say about the officials, pish.The Hibs support was large and noisy, well done the radges behind that goal. Still got Hibees 3 Rainjurs 2 rattling about my napper, wappy doopy doo.....Hibs, Hibs.There were a few possibles for man of the match, Daz McGregor is a class defender, Fraser Fyvie is no doubt in a deep, knackered sleep on the bus hame, Grant Holt is probably cheesing at his performance, great work but once again, Martin Boyles two goals, his running, desire and downright chuftness at leading the line for Hibernian earns his second MOM from me in two weeks. Dr Shrink is right, you really are a classic Hibs type of player son.
    Was at the game today, and was part of the radges behind the goal. We made sure we done our bit, from start to finish. Very good performance I felt, just continue to look fakin rock solid at the the back. Kristof Talaska, that was for you son. Hibs!
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    I contemplated going to this today but the 6 hours round trip in the car put me off tbh. Train doesn't work too good either as couldnt make last train back Edinburgh to Berwick so appreciate the report 1875, thanks.

The last three games resemble league winning form dare I say? Long way to go I know but 8 scored and 1 conceded is very encouraging. D Utd are finding their feet in this league now and there appears to be a wee split with us and them v the rest.

Fawkirk next week will be tough but it's time we done them 3 or 4 nil.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2461 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report...another good three points for Hibs.
    I was kind of hoping QOTS would have taken something off Dundee United today but that was a great result for United at a hard venue and their fourth win on the trot.
    Looks even at this stage it's going to be a two horse race with Hibs and Dundee United.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers 18.

I don't do away games but admire your and the other 1,237 Hibbies efforts.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    A good win at a difficult place to travel to. Enjoyed the game and thought we never really were in trouble. Your comments on Shinnie seem pretty harsh to be honest Mark. I thought he had an ok game. Some nice touches and a few good dribbles. He missed a sitter though.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Were the pies microwaved? Worst scran ever.

Soggy pies. Awful chips. Lukewarm Bovril.

I was there early and attempted to warn 1875 but O2 text messages go by pigeon message in this $#@! hole and it seems my pigeon was ambushed and raped by gulls as it didn't get through until nearly full time.
    I think my pigeon may have been asking for it.
    That was a common excuse in the 70's which I think is where we were.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hibs, Hibs, oooohhhhbb

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)
    vCash
    McGinn was further out than I thought, what a goal.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2198 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Were the pies microwaved? Worst scran ever.

Soggy pies. Awful chips. Lukewarm Bovril.

I was there early and attempted to warn 1875 but O2 text messages go by pigeon message in this $#@! hole and it seems my pigeon was ambushed and raped by gulls as it didn't get through until nearly full time.
    I think my pigeon may have been asking for it.
    That was a common excuse in the 70's which I think is where we were.
    Least we played more like the 70s team and plenty renditions of Turnbulls rornadoes

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4589 Post(s)
    vCash
    We had the interesting perspective of being about 20 feet from the dug outs and over hearing many of Lennon's takes on what was going on.

He was "coaching" Squirrel all the way through the game and was not always...erm...tactful in doing so. The number of snarly shouts of "Boyler!! Get involved!!" in the opening 20 mins were noticeable. (That was the printable one).

At one point, he was so angry with a move breaking down he turned round to face the dug out, steely, scary starey-eyed. I happened to be in the wrong/right seat at this time and ended up making eye contact with him directly. I was brave, didn't flinch and eye balled him out.

Best song of the day started in the stand after SJM scored. "Wemberlee, Wemberlee, He's Super John McGinn and he's off to Wemberlee"

That got a wee acknowledgement from the management team...and John when he was subbed.

Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5539 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    A good win at a difficult place to travel to. Enjoyed the game and thought we never really were in trouble. Your comments on Shinnie seem pretty harsh to be honest Mark. I thought he had an ok game. Some nice touches and a few good dribbles. He missed a sitter though.
    I agree, I am harsh on Shinnie, as I think he can give us so much more, he proved that at Dunfermline a few weeks back.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report again, another win and another clean sheet can't ask for much more than that

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2465 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree, I am harsh on Shinnie, as I think he can give us so much more, he proved that at Dunfermline a few weeks back.
    Was like 2 different players, 1st and 2nd halves at Dunfy.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have to disagree about Holt, maybe a bit like your view of Shinnie. I think he ought to give more, he shows a deft touch here and there and then a cart horse touch. He falls down all the time for a big guy he doesn't able to push back and as for getting his considerable bulk off the ground, seems like a skill he is yet to master. he just doesn't win enough headers and never looks like scoring, even from the penalty spot.

He bring age and experience and is able to talk others through the game but he is no Craig Brewster. He is more a chubby Colin Nish for me, or a silm Nade if I'm going to be brutal.
    Erin Go Bragh

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2019 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I have to disagree about Holt, maybe a bit like your view of Shinnie. I think he ought to give more, he shows a deft touch here and there and then a cart horse touch. He falls down all the time for a big guy he doesn't able to push back and as for getting his considerable bulk off the ground, seems like a skill he is yet to master. he just doesn't win enough headers and never looks like scoring, even from the penalty spot.

He bring age and experience and is able to talk others through the game but he is no Craig Brewster. He is more a chubby Colin Nish for me, or a silm Nade if I'm going to be brutal.
    Controversial. A lot of pish though in my eyes. Holt is fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I have to disagree about Holt, maybe a bit like your view of Shinnie. I think he ought to give more, he shows a deft touch here and there and then a cart horse touch. He falls down all the time for a big guy he doesn't able to push back and as for getting his considerable bulk off the ground, seems like a skill he is yet to master. he just doesn't win enough headers and never looks like scoring, even from the penalty spot.He bring age and experience and is able to talk others through the game but he is no Craig Brewster. He is more a chubby Colin Nish for me, or a silm Nade if I'm going to be brutal.
    Absolute nonsense

Rocky Top Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    vCash
    He did set some high expectations with his earlier "Shinniesta" performances.
    "Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know -- let's have a spelling contest!" ~ Doc Holliday

GoGO Back To Forum