Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How do we improve the atmosphere at Easter Road?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • We don't need to do anything, it's fine as it is

5 5.88%
  • People just need to sing a bit more, take personal responsibility for the atmosphere

35 41.18%
  • Move the drum back to the top of the East Stand

9 10.59%
  • Create a singing/standing section in the Famous Five Lower starting next season

31 36.47%
  • Other suggestion

2 2.35%
  • He's wrong

3 3.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lennon wants home games supports to be as supportive as away ones...

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't say I'm an expert but I'm very good friends with a few. I did after all suggest a singing section in F5 in the Capital green days, and the adaption of "alles alles" type chants...... I'm just of the opinion you can't transplant a continental mentality into our game, there was a huge priapism over Celtcs atmosphere v Citeh, but we all Ken that was a one off. Like us v AEK. Scottish fans need booze to sing, can you imagine a sober Scotland support atmosphere. There's a reason sheepies have a good vocal support, distance and drink consumed equals noise.
    Fair enough, I can see where you're coming from. But surely even if we are not ultimately gonna end up the Scottish Borussia Dortmund, any efforts to improve as far as we can should be welcomed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Fair enough, I can see where you're coming from. But surely even if we are not ultimately gonna end up the Scottish Borussia Dortmund, any efforts to improve as far as we can should be welcomed?

Sadly won't happen, not with our mindset. Look at the Latins, Bubbles or Turks. They create a great support, sober. In grounds 2/3 hours before kick off. Reserved Brits. Maybe we should move into the Dunbar end, apparently it's the most acoustic end in the ground. Hence why 250 fans sound so loud.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    Sadly won't happen, not with our mindset. Look at the Latins, Bubbles or Turks. They create a great support, sober. In grounds 2/3 hours before kick off. Reserved Brits. Maybe we should move into the Dunbar end, apparently it's the most acoustic end in the ground. Hence why 250 fans sound so loud.
    I appreciate that you're actually putting some thought into this and giving logical arguments, unlike some people I've seen elsewhere who just go "naw ultras are pish" and would rather sit in silence.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1774 Post(s)
    vCash
    if it could be financed a safe standing area behind the goal in the lower tier would be a progressive move by Hibs and would I think be popular especially among 16-30s.

appreciate some season ticket holders in that area may not want it or wish to move but how many adult ST's did we sell in FF lower last season or the season before? can't have been a huge amount and a lot must have been down to cheap kids tickets there
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4384 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Like the boy says below, no one is suggesting moving folk "against their will". Far from it.

I agree with you 100%, mate. Cannae believe how many po-faced comments are coming in, essentially denigrating people like yourselves who're at least actively engaging in trying to improve the atmosphere for everybody. I mean, how about you @Chester Perry? You seem to be the world authority on ultras, why don't you get involved in developing that here? Or do you just prefer passive-aggressive sniping?

FWIW, I dinnae sit in the FF lower, but if I did, if folk simply asked me to join the conversation under no obligation to ultimately move if I didn't want to, I'd like to think I would happily compromise because I thought it was best for the club.

I'm not being po-faced about it, I'd even consider moving my season ticket there.

But there will be folk who have sat there for years, or have taken up season tickets there with kids recently who need to be kept sweet. Where do they move to?That section has been pretty full most weeks this season I think? What's that, maybe 1700 seats? West Lower section near FF is very popular and not feasible, West Lower near Dunbar End is the best option, but parents might not like being so close to the away support, especially Cat A games. East has the capacity, and a section could be set aside for families, prob near FF.

I'm all for it, I'd contribute towards the cost if asked, but someone is gonna be put out by it...if it happens.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5532 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    I'm not being po-faced about it, I'd even consider moving my season ticket there.

But there will be folk who have sat there for years, or have taken up season tickets there with kids recently who need to be kept sweet. Where do they move to?That section has been pretty full most weeks this season I think? What's that, maybe 1700 seats? West Lower section near FF is very popular and not feasible, West Lower near Dunbar End is the best option, but parents might not like being so close to the away support, especially Cat A games. East has the capacity, and a section could be set aside for families, prob near FF.

I'm all for it, I'd contribute towards the cost if asked, but someone is gonna be put out by it...if it happens.
    I may be wrong, I think Hibs sell the cheapest concession season cards for this area, Hibs may simply have to sell cheap seasons for another area of the ground?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think moving to the FF lower would be for the best. The set up of sect43 is all wrong. There's too many people there with mixed reasons i.e. Some are there tonne in and near the singing section and want to stand, sing and watch the game but around them there are kids, families etc next to them and in the row behind them that then moan at them for standing and shouting.
    For the atmosphere to improve there needs to be a larger clearly identified and designated section where everyone's there for the same reasons for this too happen.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4569 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I may be wrong, I think Hibs sell the cheapest concession season cards for this area, Hibs may simply have to sell cheap
    seasons for another area of the ground?
    This. Having been in the FF when the laddies were younger, there is only one reason for folks to choose the Lower FF over other areas of the ground and that is ^^^^^^. It has traditionally been the cheapest place in the ground for families. That could be designated elsewhere? Maybe upstairs, beside Shrink?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4384 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This. Having been in the FF when the laddies were younger, there is only one reason for folks to choose the Lower FF over other areas of the ground and that is ^^^^^^. It has traditionally been the cheapest place in the ground for families. That could be designated elsewhere? Maybe upstairs, beside Shrink?
    Was just speaking to a well kent Hibby who sits there for sentimental reasons, nothing financial about his reasons. He seemed reasonably relaxed about the possible change in demographic, but I don't think it's down to simple finances that dictate folk sit there. He could be a unique case (well, he certainly is!) but maybe not.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    I'm afraid I have several court orders that prevent children coming near me.
    Or something like that.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4647 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Was just speaking to a well kent Hibby who sits there for sentimental reasons, nothing financial about his reasons. He seemed reasonably relaxed about the possible change in demographic, but I don't think it's down to simple finances that dictate folk sit there. He could be a unique case (well, he certainly is!) but maybe not.
    He's not unique. I know a couple of old goats that have sat in the same seats since it opened and they'd be raging if they had to move. I tried to get them to move further up the FF so we wouldn't get wet when it rained. You'd think I'd asked them for a million bucks each. 🙄

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    I er........ know of a couple of blokes in the FF Upper who fit that description too.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3338 Post(s)
    vCash
    Question: was the new East's original and current positioning of the singing section ever a discussion, or just a natural occurrence? It seems to me it's a daft place to put it, even when just considered in the context of the new east stand: The really couldn't be much further away from the rest of the support, you ideally want them as central as possible (hence my support for the repurposing of the FF lower).

I was thinking a possible compromise could be moving them to the bottom of the east but in the corner closest to the FF, until I remembered that if I'm correct that bit has the special gangway bit for disabled fans. Could this area be a possibility in terms of relocating the family section?

I was also thinking, as we've redeveloped the stadium over the years, plenty of fans have been moved wholesale as the original seats they sat in were demolished. I understand that in many cases they were returned eventually to somewhere in the vicinity of from whence they came, but change is inevitable. Surely if the changes could be pitched as positive for the good of the support, the team, and the club in general, only the most intransigent Victor Meldrews would really get permanently bent out of shape.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. I for one welcome the fact that at the very least conversations are happening on this front. At the end of the day, I've never been to a ground that has a proper "kop" style end and thought "that looks $#@!/that's not enhancing the atmosphere" - quite the contrary. No one's expecting a "yellow wall", but it would be good to place the most vocal sections where they can affect the game more, and for me it's beyond argument that behind the goal in the home end is the most effective place - "sucking the ball in" and all that.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    Answer: Not much of a discussion really. A former director said this is where it will be. Some fans agreed, others didn't.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    There are some examples down south which are perhaps worth looking at. Huddersfield have a group called North Stand Loyal, who were only set up in 2014, and they're already doing pretty well: NSL vs Brentford - YouTube. I remember going to a game at Huddersfield in about 2012, their "singing fans" were located in one of the side stands and you could hear a pin drop.

I chose Huddersfield's group as an example because A) they don't really bother with the jumping around ultra stuff and B) they're very recently founded. Examples like HF05 (Crystal Palace) have taken 11 years to get where they are.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2196 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Answer: Not much of a discussion really. A former director said this is where it will be. Some fans agreed, others didn't.
    Other prob with sec 43 if everyone stood is people on the edges of 42 and 44 have to stand to see the game Upfield of them

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Other prob with sec 43 if everyone stood is people on the edges of 42 and 44 have to stand to see the game Upfield of them
    No argument from me it was in the wrong place, I mean even in the whole new East it was in the wrong place, never mind the bigger picture of thinking whole ground.

I mean WTF! You only had to look and listen to the South Stand big or small numbers to know where our mob needed to be.

And incidentally to start thinking of where to move the away fans to lessen their effect. In these days of $#@!, but appreciative of their efforts, away crowds. Close the South and stick them in the South end of the lower west.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact if things keep going as they are stick the away fans in the South part, lower west and fill the South with Hibbies.
    Space to let

GoGO Back To Forum